IBM Compose

4.0

Deploy industry-leading, open source databases on the cloud in minutes. Each deployment is production-ready and highly available. Your hard-working developers get the right way to store their data for applications without the complexity of scaling and managing databases.

Work for IBM Compose?

Learning about Compose?

IBM Compose Reviews

Ask Compose a Question
Showing 13 Compose reviews
Compose review by Pat A.
Pat A.

"Compose.io is pretty great"

What do you like best?

Easy to set up. Scaling is quick configure. Solid Reliability.

What do you dislike?

A freemium model for a testing or staging environment to match the production environment would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to set up, and the control panel interface is well organized and full-featured. Billing statements match the ease of use of the control panel and are just as easy to understand.

Auto software patching, Database scalability, security provisions, monitoring and metrics, auto host deployment. The service is really fast and reliable, and you don't have to fiddle with settings and docker images too much.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about IBM Compose
Compose review by Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism
Administrator in Leisure, Travel & Tourism

"Nothing special over other hosted dbs"

What do you like best?

Same thing that is great about databases as a service. I can have an highly available, secure database without doing the work or hiring a dba (because who even does that anymore). I can sit back and relax and not worry that my data ever being unavailable.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing special about it compared to other competitors, which makes their price difference a little troublesome. I also wish that I could select an amazon region to host my db, depending on where my server is hosted. That's a pretty big deal breaker for me. It's also just easier to use a heroku db option so all my server and db configs are in the same place

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many out that that do the same thing. Do your research first.

Being able to focus on my apps and products instead of having to be an expert for the specific db I'm using.

What Database as a Service (DBaaS) solution do you use?

Compose review by User

"Nice Cloud Database solution"

What do you like best?

The best thing about it is the User Interface which is quite simple to understand and the workflow is really smooth. We were able to get our Database up and running in no time and there is not much learning curve involved here. Its integration with other IBM products is seamless.

What do you dislike?

The price could go up pretty fast if you don't plan the scalability well in advance. Sometimes I lose my session, maybe it's due to a bad internet connection.

It's a cloud-based solution, so you don't need to invest in any hardware at your end which is the best part about it. The management and data recovery are state of the art.

Compose review by Parker S.
Parker S.

"incredible curated private IT hosting software"

What do you like best?

It really comes down to the exceptional built-in reliability & redundancy components that IBM offers. You know with a platform hosted by IBM that it's going to be exceptional with an excellent customer succession team, and that's exactly what my sales team has been met with.

What do you dislike?

more customization on layering and dual feature API

Recommendations to others considering the product

n/a

full automated and managed service

Compose review by User

"Great hosted MongoDB solution"

What do you like best?

Amazing GUI for browsing/updating MongoDB - better than any other software I've used. Quality support as expected from an enterprise offering. Adding lots of additional products but we mainly just use their MongoDB.

What do you dislike?

I'm concerned that they're moving towards completely enterprise and leaving the little guy behind. A cheaper developer/starter plan would be a plus.

We are very happy with our cloud MongoDB service from Compose - easy, scalable, reliable. Great product.

Compose review by Ido R.
Ido R.

"Hosting MongoDB on Compose.io"

What do you like best?

Few clicks and I had my MongoDB ready to go.

They are doing all the backups for us and we try to restore, everything works.

They keep updating versions all the time and adding new features.

What do you dislike?

Sometime they remove useful features, for example they had a sandbox MongoDB installation which is free small installation, we use it for testing but now it does not exist any more.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It so easy to get start there is no need to think about it.

Storing the database of a web-application we are building.

Compose review by Tomáš H.
Tomáš H.

"Completely painless database experience"

What do you like best?

Absolutely hassle-free setup and administration UI

What do you dislike?

Price and computing power depends on data stored, which means it will scale seamlessly, but it gives you less control over the performance. Also, it's harder to integrate with Heroku billing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a database-as-a-service, and don't badly need heroku billing integration, compose.io will satisfy you. The offer range of classical and cutting-edge databases as well - probably the only provider with RethinkDB I know about.

We needed a fully managed database, and compose.io does just that. We just set it up and forgot about it. It just runs, never had any problems. And the management console is slick.

Compose review by User in Staffing and Recruiting
User in Staffing and Recruiting

"Great services for any Corp "

What do you like best?

Great software application for business solutions and operations when writing reports or research papers.

What do you dislike?

I do not like the constant software updates. The speed of the programs should be increased by 60%.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product or service to anyone that is involved with business analytics or management.

I realized that IBM has helped my company with their advanced technological services, and computer programs to operate smooth.

Compose review by Corey R.
Corey R.

"IBM Compose Review"

What do you like best?

The ease of using this program makes it an enjoyable product.

What do you dislike?

I found no issues during my time using this product.

This product makes it easy to manage my company’s databases.

Compose review by Jacquinta B.
Jacquinta B.

"Software"

What do you like best?

What it does how it helps and how you use it

What do you dislike?

Nothing it's ok it gets the job done well

All

Compose review by User

"Compose services are not full featured"

What do you like best?

Easy to create a compose servie and use it

What do you dislike?

Feature set if very less. For instance Compose Redis, Compose Elastic are all on open source stack and are not full featured

We use Compose services like Redis, Elastic etc for our cloud applications. They are the only services available on the catalog.

Compose review by Consultant

"Easy and reliable DB"

What do you like best?

Deploying is easy and as self managing as you expect.

What do you dislike?

I've experienced down time where the entire data center in San Jose was down.

Picking a quick Nosql database to add to our ecosystem.

"Affordable Mongodb hosting"

What do you like best?

Strong pricing for startups and a variety of connectors to logging platforms.

What do you dislike?

Until earlier this year they didn't support S3 backup options

Mongodb hosting

Learning about IBM Compose?

* We monitor all IBM Compose reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.