4.7

FixMe.IT is a remote desktop application designed for fast and easy on-demand and unattended remote support.

Learn more about FixMe.IT and sign up for a free 15-day trial

Work for FixMe.IT?

Learning about FixMe.IT?

FixMe.IT Reviews

Showing 165 FixMe.IT reviews
John B.

"A really good value for remote desktop support"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, and the unattended clients features. It is really easy for my customers to get into, just a few clicks on their end and I can start assisting with their problem. If I need to work on a computer after hours for some reason, I can set up the unattended client feature and can get in when I need to.

What do you dislike?

I guess the only thing I don't like about it is if I have a customer who has two or more monitors, I can only use one of mine to see all of theirs. For example, if they have 2 monitors, I'd like to be able to use my 2 monitors and see their 2 monitors, one on each of mine. That would be a neat feature to add! Other than that, it's a great product!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a simple to use, easily customizable and configurable solution for remote desktop support, FixMe.IT is the solution for you.

I use FixMe.IT for remote desktop troubleshooting and problem solving. Customers can call me, I direct them to a link on my web site, they click on that, follow the directions on-screen, and I can remotely help with their problem. It sure saves a ton of gasoline!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about FixMe.IT
Phil M.

"Great Tool, Great Price"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that I can just install the unattended client on each of my users' workstations, which allows me to connect to them without any input from them. If they don't have the unattended client, it is usually easy for the users to activate the support client from the fixme.it website and grant me access to their workstations.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they would create an Expert client for iOS so I could effect repairs using my iPad or iPhone. As well, it would be great if this product could be used to manage mobile devices (iOS/Android) as well as MacOS devices. The limitation of only being able to manage Windows-based devices and only being able to use the Expert software from Windows are my only complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will need to ensure that your environment is Windows-based at the moment. The product works well over low-speed links, but I wouldn't recommend using it over a really slow or high-latency link (i.e.: dialup or satellite).

I am a freelance small-business I.T. Manager. This solution lets me manage the networks of 8 medium-sized companies from my desktop at home, or from my laptop while on vacation. Without it, I wouldn't be able to maintain the size of my business without hiring additional staff. My client-base appreciates that they can see me work as I go, and I've also been able to use the product to do basic user training (i.e.: onboarding, demonstrating software functionality, etc...)

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Erik J.

"Great Remote Support Tool; Better Price!"

What do you like best?

Simple interface with all the basic features you need. Easy to remotely support a lot of computers (~100). Great tool for IT tech support or people who want to be able to help their parents out with computer issues from afar. The price is extremely affordable for the features it provides.

What do you dislike?

I would like some more features, but cannot be picky at this price point compared to other solutions. One basic feature that should be added is the ability to add Columns to the Client screen so you can easily view more information about your clients, other than the default list: 'Computer Name', 'Logged in User', 'Activity', 'Status', 'IP Address', 'Installed On', 'Last Connected'. I would love to be able to put a Notes field on each client. Currently we store the hostname, serial number, and full users name all in the 'Computer Name' field. The ability to add other fields and populate them with WMI data from the client would be AWESOME! Even if the data was only updated on connection it would be useful.

Remotely supporting around 80-100 pcs. Can quickly and easily remote into a pc from afar. If they don't have the remote client installed, it's a simple process of going to 'Fixme.IT' in the web browser, downloading the client, running it, and providing a passcode to the technician.

Goh K.

"Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

This remote tool is honestly really easy to use for me so far. I love this tool as it is very user friendly and provide easy instruction as well as easy file transfer and efficient use of the remote session. So far this tool is really light weight and doesn't consume a lot of computer memory or ram. Fast and efficient tool compared to other heavy remote softwares.

What do you dislike?

What I really don't like about this software its that it really has limited features. This tool is really great and smooth, don't get me wrong but it has very limited features and quite buggy especially during the remote session it doesn't go well and smooth during that situation unless if both parties have a good internet speed connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend FixMe.IT to all customer supports or desktop operators! This tool is smooth and fast, if you are looking for light weight remote tool this is the one!

FixMe.IT allows me to work from home and in my comfort space anywhere and anytime everyday. It also allows me to help my clients or friends from anywhere around the world as long as there is internet access with ease and efficient. Thus saving a lot of my time travelling instead!

Calvin H.

"FixMe.IT Works for WeAreTheService Inc"

What do you like best?

FixMe has easy instructions to assist users in using their software.

We have not had occasion to contact FixMe online support or the online support documentation.

We spend less time in the setup of internet connections with our customers.

The software is very lightweight, robust, and adaptable to our way of doing business.

There is ample flexibility to create support tickets and use support narratives.

It works well across Microsoft Windows operating systems.

We have not used it on Apple computers as yet.

Lastly, FixMe is very cost effective for us.

What do you dislike?

So far, we have no complaints or dislikes about the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Using FixMe is so intuitive that we have not had an occasion to use the company's support or support documentation.

If you have any problems using the software, do not hesitate to contact FixMe online support.

We can connect with our customers using an internet connection.

We do not have to perform an on site initial setup for customers anymore.

Richard F.

"Great Remote Support Software with Useful Features"

What do you like best?

This is a great piece of software that has helped me grow and expand my services. I started offering computer training and on-site repairs, FixMe.IT has enabled me to save time and money by resolving software issues remotely at a mutually convenient time for both myself and my clients. Other options on the market were just not cost effective. I especially love the unattended access and ability for clients to enter their login credentials without me having to see them. This is a huge plus for privacy & data protection, and I don't know of any other similar products that offer this feature.

Thank you FixMe.IT for a great product and service! :)

What do you dislike?

Only supports the windows platform, which is fine for the majority of cases. However, it would be useful to be able to service Macs and view the screen on iOS / Android devices to offer a better service for my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cost effective solution

Responsive & reliable connections

Useful feature for clients to enter their password securely

Unattended Access

- Remote Support

- Unattended Access

- Client Credential Manager

Justin B.

"Great value for us"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and focused feature set at the price point

What do you dislike?

Would enjoy subgroups and a notes field for unattended clients.

Sometimes when computers reboot, the unattended page will show it's back up but not the "home" tab.

Unattended clients does not automatically refresh.

No Mac support

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have many more computers to remote into compare to users of the programs, this will be your cheapest option. It does no reporting of any kind. It tells you if the computer is online and who is signed in and NOTHING else. Don't expect more at this very low price. It has always worked for us flawlessly. It's greatly valued here. It does not work on Macs.

Inventory tracking - we know when a person has not returned a computer because we add their name to the computer "computer name" field.

Remote desktop when the computer is off-site (instead of having to connect yet another VPN each time)

Remote training (remote into a users' computer and show them how to solve the problem themselves)

remote desktop support (our primary usage. It is mostly unattended but the one-time support code is invaluable)

debugging (if a monitor is not working, usually this still does).

Kyle C.

"User Friendly and No-Nonsense"

What do you like best?

FixMe.IT's take on remote support is very streamlined. The simplicity on the end user side is wonderful, and they don't even have to be an admin on the computer! They have also clearly considered the technician's experience as well. Unattended access is a breeze to set up (you can't even call it 'configuring', it's so simple!). The ability to create a branded page is fantastic and I will definitely be setting that up. The reporting feature is also a welcome tool. Having the ability to remotely reboot a computer and send files to the remote computer are also fantastic features.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I can think of is the Windows only support. I know that they are actively working on the ability to support Mac, which I definitely look forward to. Linux compatibility would also be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are many options available for remote desktop/support out there. FixMe.IT has the perfect balance of simplicity, features, and cost.

As the only IT employee in a company with offices across the United States, FixMe.IT has allowed me to provide quick (and reliable) support to end users. In addition to the convenience of unattended support, it is also a good way to keep track of which user has which device. The simplicity of use throughout the process has saved me a great deal of time and headache, allowing me to provide better support and handle a larger workload. This results in less down-time for end users as well and keeps our business running efficiently.

Stephen V.

"Awesome Remote Assistance and Support Platform"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. I can choose to activate an unattended client for constant remote access as I or my clients need it or as a one off for potential new clients and friends who need help.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that as of yet I've found anything that I would particularly classify as dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Software is great, simple, lightweight, no overhead. The Console is very simple, user and admin friendly. In addition to being able to rename the computer as you see fit, you can categorize them by business or however you would like to keep multiple clients separate. It has the ability to not only view and take control of the other computer, but you can share your screen to them so that if there is something that you need to show them for future reference you can quickly within seconds switch from control to presentation. It has a built in chat feature that you can use once connected with the client PC. Even with the unattended installation, it requires a user permission to remote login so they can have the option always in the event they are working on something sensitive. On the other hand if you're working after hours, there is a only 5 second delay on the unattended setup before it automatically authorizes your entry so that even if the user isn't there you are still able to work remotely on the system with ease.

This allows me to get onto a client's computer quick and fast and solve problems that previously would have required me to travel on site for something that were I able to get onto the system, can be solved in minutes.

Jason S.

"Great remote support software at an affordable price"

What do you like best?

The customisation of the client page and the ease that my customers can request emote support.

What do you dislike?

Lack of support for multiple host screens. I know I can flick through the screens, or open them all up in one big window. However, when you connect to a client who has 3 different sized screens, using one window to view them all is really awkward. It would be nice to be able to have separate windows for separate screens at a single host.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Quality product at a reasonable cost. They do not charge for unnecessary features (a la LogMeIn!).

Its not yet perfect, but getting close!

I have used remote access software for about 20 years. A lot of the companies I used to use (Logmein etc) have raised their prices prohibitively. Whilst they do have a slicker interface, and more functionality - this does not equate to the monstrous price that they charge.

Hence my switch to FixmeIT - it does what I need, without costing me a premium for features I do not need

Ryan J.

"FixMe.IT review for IT consultant/MSP"

What do you like best?

Ease of deployment. And I can deploy the unattended client from a 1 on 1 connection which is a handy benefit. Copy and paste/drag and drop data transfer between local and remote is very handy as well.

What do you dislike?

No dedicated screenshot button. Seems like an obvious one. Does NOT recover well in some cases when a video issue or networking issue occur. A client can appear offline afterwards and there's no way to recover other than to kill the agent or reboot. I would also like more branding flexibility. The icons and program itself still appear at "fixme.it", although I can brand the web appearance of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

So far it has been a solid solution for me as a single-member IT consultant business. Rebooting a device is tracked in the software and it will alert you when the device comes back online, a plus for remote server updates after hours. I don't have to setup a VPN to a customer's network or any monitoring, although those are still great backup access methods.

I can remote into a client's machine and work anytime I need to. I see what they see. Less travel on-site.

Brad O.

"A solid performer that has never let me down."

What do you like best?

Quick and easy connection through any firewall system allows me to assist clients immediately and professionally. The Unattended feature allows me to fully support clients no matter what other issues they may be having. I've used this program for more than 3 years now and would not be without it.

What do you dislike?

Basically nothing - sometimes my mouse cursor jumps around a bit, but that mostly only occurs when I am accessing a virtual machine on a server in Australia that is linked to servers in Germany and I am seen to be on a laptop in Wellington (NZ) but I am really 800 kms away in my office in Waihi (NZ). All legit with the user on the phone. So a bit of mouse jump is to be expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to implement and use, cheap enough particularly if you use it often (3-5 times a week)

Some clients allow me to use this for unattended access so support is easy. Fixing mums computer is easy (she's in Australia, I'm in New Zealand). Immediate and easy support for all clients is seen as a great addon. Clients love that I link it from my website and it feels and looks like it is my own support program.

J.J. A.

"Best Remote Support Application!"

What do you like best?

This app is great whether you are supporting someone for the first time or long time clients!

There are several ways to use this remote support app, either by one use ( where it goes away after the session) or unattended clients who rather you work on their pc after hours. There are many features that allow for support of my clients, one of them is the ability to click on a UAC prompt and answer the question, many remote support apps don't allow for this and this is where Techinline shines.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I would wish for a feature is something like a cross between a unattended client and a one time use client where my customers don't have to answer prompts to allow me to connect to their PC and also to control. Make that happen and I'll be a very happy user!

Also if you can make this App FIPS compliant that would be even better!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Nice Application works well in most circumstances. Easy for end users to understand and initiate.

This allows me to support customers all over the world, easy enough to use to allow for simple questions which sometimes crop up where I'm not completely sure about what my customer is having an issue with. In and out in a jiffy which makes me and them happy.

Scott S.

"FixMe.IT is the best remote access for the price."

What do you like best?

It has a simple interface and I like how it lets you know if the user is "working" or not before you remote in. Cool feature as sometimes I don't want to disturb the user. Drag and drop file transfer dead simple. More reliable than TakeControl, MSPAnywhere or Splashtop IMO. It allows for branding as well. Nice.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a mobile app and even a Mac app. That's really my only complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would not hesitate to purchase FIxMe.IT. It's just dead on for the price point. Smooth control, drag/drop files, laser pointer, reboot and reconnect, branding, easy for user to setup session and more.

Affordable remote access to troubleshoot issues for Windows users.

Scott F.

"Reliable, Well Supported Remote Assistance Software"

What do you like best?

This program is stable, easy to use, and has all the features you want that work perfectly without the features you don't need that continually break. The folks at FixMe.IT are quick to respond to issues, when they actually exist, and release updates accordingly. I've used all the major players AND many of the smaller ones in the remote assistance game, but in the end, FixMe.IT is the one I choose to pay for year after year.

What do you dislike?

THe only area this software lacks in would be an account management section on their site or in their program to control user settings. There is a spot in the program to control SOME things, but when it comes to changing or canceling your subscription, there is nothing to do but call in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I know it isn't free, or something cheaper like $10 per month, but the cost is very well worth it and you won't be disappointed.

I provide remote assistance to customers that have trouble installing my software program, and I've also begun using it for paid remote training and support sessions as well.

C

"Best Tool in my Toolbox!"

What do you like best?

FixMe.IT has been a reliable and feature-rich remote access tool for many years. It is easy for clients to connect on their end, and permits me to work with clients across the country. File transfer tool is excellent.

What do you dislike?

It is strictly a peer to peer tool. Occasionally I have wanted to have several different clients in a single session (a three way connection) and had to try other tools for it. Also, it is strictly a Windows tool. I have two clients that are trying to use Macs for business and I have to use another tool for working with them that is less friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A strong recommendation - great feature set for a reasonable cost. Clients love it.

It permits me to consult with and train my clients from the comfort of my home office, regardless of where in the country the client is located. Clients love the ease of connection.

Michael M.

"Has what I need to demo and support."

What do you like best?

The affordable pricing and the ability to remotely support my customers is what I love about FiMe,it.

What do you dislike?

Nut much to dislike using the main tools, but I think a few small add ons in the Unattended Clients dashboard would helpful.

Add a column to show the last updated IP.

Change the Red Offline box to a red last connected time and dat.

Add the ability to copy and past.

Add a box to click into for each Unattended Client, even if the computer is offline.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good product that works for your needs. Support any computer any time if you already setup into it and support others fast and easy with a few steps.

Dose almost as good as LogMeIn, but much more affordable than others.

Very helpful to support my customers and give online Demos as needed.

Robert N.

"A Great Remote Support Tool"

What do you like best?

FixMe.IT is extremely easy for my clients to use. Other tools, not so much. It is also very affordable and it has worked flawlessly for me for many years. I also really like to ability to service clients through the unattended client option.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints or dislikes whatsoever.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seeing is believing, so I urge anyone considering Fix Me.IT to give it a try. You will be glad you did.

FixMe.IT makes it ridiculously simple to assist clients when they need my help. This has helped with client retention and loyalty. They know that I can be at their side virtually whenever they need assistance.

David P.

"Best remote support program for software teams."

What do you like best?

We really like the fact that we can set up unattended access into machines that our customers want us to access regularly. Some of the other programs we have used in the past didn't allow this to happen. Furthermore, we have not run into any issues with firewalls/content filters blocking fixme.it

What do you dislike?

I wish the process for transferring a session to another support rep would be easier. It is doable, however, the second person needs to create their own unique session simultaneously.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel that you will be happy with it.

We originally found Fixme when we could no longer control 2008 R2 servers with GoToAssist. We could only view the screen and GTA offered no plans for developing this feature. After interviewing other technology companies and that they used, we found Fixme and have been using them for the last 3 years

Paul H.

"Easy To Brand and Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I really like the way FixMe.IT has the provider in mind when it comes to making it your own. It has lots of branding options if you so choose.

What do you dislike?

Really hard to find something I don't dislike here. I guess if I had one dislike would be there's no .msi for deploying the unattended access installer - although, I believe there's a workaround for this too.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for an alternative to all of the larger software remote support tools out there - FixMe.IT is a great choice.

With the ability to brand the product and deploy the stand-alone FixMe.IT Client - also, the speed of onboarding a new remote support tool is a win-win for us. Lots of other screen-sharing tools are becoming really expensive for the small shops that provide remote support.

Thomas M.

"Satisfied End Users"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use, regardless of the technical level of the end user. I just tell them to go to fixme.it, start a support session, and give me a client ID. The Session Usage Reports makes it simple to keep track of time spent on systems. Overall, it's a great remote platform.

What do you dislike?

I really can't say I 'dislike' anything with this package. I might get 'annoyed' at how it handles multiple screen support sessions. Kinda rather it just let me scroll between screens versus 'zooming'.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't pay per session, pay for a subscription. It's worth it as one end user can turn into 4-5 remote sessions very quickly.

When dealing with software installation and configuration calls, FixMe.IT is a fast way to turn a support call into a remote session.

Troy G.

"one of the best remote access tools out there"

What do you like best?

Fixme.it is easy to use and packed full of standard features that seem to be add-ons with other services. The cost is so low it feels a little like you are stealing when you pay the bill. They are constantly adding new features and their support is fast and accurate.

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes, but I would love to see a mobile client.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just give it a try. It will beat your current support tool hands down.

I use fixme.it to support medical customers all over the world. Being able to directly connect to their systems for hands on support helps us close trouble tickets faster and not having to follow our direction makes the customers far happier than trying to follow along with someone on the phone.

Graham C.

"Exceptionally easy remote access"

What do you like best?

FixMe downloads and installs a very small file on the client computer. The steps to do this are super simple, mostly automatic and can be done by anyone. The tools are clear and functionality is superb, such as drag and drop files.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to make remote connection to customers with limited computer knowledge or better things to do than set up their own remote access accounts then FixMe is a great solution. It really is so easy.

As a business with global customers FixMe has allowed engineers to diagnose faults from their desk rather than travel or engage in long email conversations. The ability to operate remote computer connected to a scientific instrument permits remote teaching - saving time and money.

Brian L.

"Cost effective and works every time."

What do you like best?

This was very easy to integrate into our website and also so easy for even novice tech support to use we have never strayed since first signing up. Allowing you to buy in at first as a young start up by purchasing a set amount of sessions was a massive factor in me getting involved from day one.

What do you dislike?

The lack of Mac client support at the moment is frustrating but is on the way Im assured and once thats in place I will struggle to find a fault.

We use this for 99% of our customer tech support for ad-hoc and unnatended connections.

Robert V.

"FixMe.IT Is Great!"

What do you like best?

It is an easy process for my customers to follow in order to allow me to remotely connect to their computer. All they have to do is go to www.fixme.it and provide me with the Client ID number. With a few extra clicks by my customer, they can allow me a one time connection to their computer. I am able to see their computer screen and remotely fix the issue.

What do you dislike?

I really don't have any dislikes about the program. As stated above, it works well for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would certainly recommend FixMe.IT to others who need the ability to connect to a customer's PC to fix an issue they are experiencing.

I sell my Depreciation Calculator software to CPA's and other tax professionals, and I use FixMe.IT to fix any issues that might arise.

Learn more about FixMe.IT

FixMe.IT Videos

Learning about FixMe.IT?

* We monitor all FixMe.IT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.7