What do you like best?
The customization options are immense. Custom fields (across almost all aspects of the product), custom reports, custom business rules (both triggered and scheduled), and custom actions (manual triggers). All of this allows me to tailor the look, feel and behavior of Clarizen to our business needs.
What do you dislike?
You are limited to a single email identity in system-generated emails (through business rules).
That means If you have multiple business units, Clarizen is unable to fire off automated emails from (by proxy) ABC.com and XYZ.com, it can only email from ABC.com This makes external communication problematic. If they would allow you to specify the 'Send From' within each rule, this would be non-issue.
Recommendations to others considering the product
- If this is your first foray into finding a project management solution for your business, Clarizen may appear to offer much more than the requirements you have on your research sheet. If you select a product that checks all of your boxes and little more, you will end up outgrowing it within the first year. Clarizen has the feature set that you need today and much more that you will want tomorrow.
- Make sure that you have somebody on staff who can or can learn to code the business rules. you will find yourself creating a lot of them after your onboarding period and professional services time can get expensive if you need Clarizen to build out every custom field, rule and project template for you.
- Do you need Clarizen to cater to and represent multiple business units (internal or exterrnal)? Internally it can do this with no problem. If, however, you need to send communications out of Clarizen on behalf of different business entities, this could be an issue for you. Clarizen will not send emails from multiple email addresses (unless you send them all manually).
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- A fully structured project schedule. Clarizen us the ability to focus more on individual customer needs by taking care of the minutia of milestone schedules (payment due, shipment, deployment dates).
- Our Project Coordinators are now able to manage a larger portfolio of projects than they were before Clarizen because of the automations and scheduling control it provides. This has allowed us to increase our FTEs at a slower rate as sales increase.
- Collaboration and sharing o common data has been greatly improved between our Sales, Accounting, Shipping and Implementation teams by providing a central source of data within Clarizen and automating notifications of key triggers (payment received, shipment ready) in real time.