4.0

Clarizen is a leader in collaborative work management, bringing together cross-company project management, configurable workflow automation and real-time collaboration in an enterprise-grade platform.

Work for Clarizen?

Learning about Clarizen?

Clarizen Reviews

Ask Clarizen a Question
Showing 150 Clarizen reviews
Subash A.

"Best Project Management and Collaboration Tool"

What do you like best?

Vast features, flexibility to customize, best workflow capabilities and cllaboration experience. Automated lot of workflows, communication and process improvement. Tremendously increased visibility of the work to all stakeholders, avoiding excel sheets and email communications. Robust Reporting and Dashboard features helping a lot.

What do you dislike?

More features for Administration module, like audit logs of settings and configuration changes. More features of Agile/Scrum would be great to have as many companies are going towards it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Best Project Management and Collaboration tool I have seen in the industry. I highly recommend it. I do not see any other integrated tool like this in the market where all features are available in one place. Automated lot of our workflows, communication and process improvement. Tremendously increased visibility of the work to all stakeholders, avoiding excel sheets and email communications. Robust Reporting and Dashboard features helping a lot.

Whole business flow of our workflows with lot of time saving by avoiding manual work. Automated lot of workflows, communication and process improvement. Tremendously increased visibility of the work to all stakeholders, avoiding excel sheets and email communications. Robust Reporting and Dashboard features helping a lot.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Clarizen
Veronique L.

"Powerful, configurable yet simple and beautiful UI. Best solution out there."

What do you like best?

Extremely flexible, configurable and a great Project Management tool. Prior to chossing this solution I evaluated a handful of competitors and I cannot be happier with my choice. The Clarizen team is a pleasure to work with. I especially appreciate the free bi-weekly webinars, which offer administrators an open platform to share their questions where a Clarizen expert assists and walk you through solutions and/or recommendations. Their phone app is a great addition and works great when you are on the go

What do you dislike?

Some of the configuration processes are not as user friendly as you would expect. Feels like it takes a couple extra steps than it should. The Clarizen team is working on these improvements, and often release updates. Having said, they appreciate their users input to continuously improve their product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I considered the following before choosing Clarizen and I am very happy with my choice.

Changepoint, Mavenlink, Microsoft, Oracle, Planview, Workfront, Wrike, Asana, Basecamp, Accelo

Eliminating the need for multiple programs to manage our Pro. Services projects

What Project and Portfolio Management solution do you use?

Doug S.

"Clarizen has changed the way we operate!"

What do you like best?

Clarizen has an extremely robust configuration engine that allows you to build workflows to suit your organization and processes. The interface is also very customizable so you can accommodate the needs of each individual team or department. It has really improved our efficiency across our entire company.

What do you dislike?

Clarizen is missing a few things we really need like a full audit trail/history of changes to tasks within the system (but they are close to finally adding one).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask your account rep a ton of questions and explain your exact requirements specific to your business to ensure that it's right for you. Have someone on staff that has the aptitude to be able to learn the configuration engine to build customized workflows. It will save you time and money!

We operated heavily on monthly recurring tasks that are assigned to individuals or teams. Clarizen has made it easy to build those out reliably and automatically each month, whereas before it was a completely manual process that took someone almost a full week each month to complete. It is also helping us assign tasks across teams with greater visibility into time spent for our management team.

Fernando C.

"Very customizable"

What do you like best?

The Custom work rules and the reports y can pull all the data that I need to represent the business needs.

The capability of measure and change things on the go if needed.

What do you dislike?

I think that there is a lack of structured documentation.

Of course, they had documentation, but the search engine is not very friendly, you jump between the user forum and the documentation if you search for a specific topic, and also there are a lot of enhancement request, that by the date you think they had already released but there is no following of that.

There is no documentation about the charts.

The interface its some times laggy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to invest a lot of time in the administration of the platform at first, but it pays itself over time (If used as intended)

Managing our workload and the project management.

we can track punctually the activities of a determined task or project.

Matthew J.

"Clarizen Enterprise Project Management "

What do you like best?

Clarizen provides our IT team, stakeholders and business leaders visibility to our project portfolio in real time. The part that I like best about Clarizen is the communication history that can be tied to each specific task. This allows the team to look back at decisions that were made as well as the logic behind those decisions. Clarizen is a great tool.

What do you dislike?

The most difficult part of implementing Clarizen in my environment was the initial configuration through the Clarizen Admin portal. It was quite overwhelming at first however after some practice I have become better at making changes on the fly. I am hoping to also attend one of Clarizen's on site training courses soon to continue to develop my skills.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Document your approval flows, use policies etc. before beginning configuration so you have an idea of what you want your end product to function like before you start configuring.

The primary issue that Clarizen has helped solve in our department is communication/visibility. It is very easy for the PMO to work in an isolated state with project documentation, project plans etc. Clarizen provides a one stop shop for all documents and project updates making it easy for our team to access the information that they need.

Mark C.

"Great all-in-one project management software"

What do you like best?

Clarizen works very well for our organization. The out of the box solution meets the main requirements of most of our projects, and the ability to customize the different modules takes it all the way. One of our favourite parts is the reporting, as we are able to build views which make the data inputted into clarizen actionable, which we use as the basis for our project meetings.

Clarizen also has one of the best user interfaces, making it easy for the team to work with, without getting lost in all of the features. It is a very intuitive design which has saved us hours in training, as a simple guide and walkthrough seems to be enough for most users.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't happen regularly, but there seems to be some glitches in the reporting and run time errors that produce error codes where there is noway to figure out why these were caused. Usually time resolves these, but in the moment it can be quite frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about how you want to structure the project before uploading tasks from another system. It helped to review our plan with the clarizen team so they could advise on the various ways to structure our plan. This includes Program, portfolios, task levels, milestone grouping, etc..

We are able to rollout large scale projects and keep track of all the main aspects, including tasks, milestones, time tracking, etc.. This has been one of the only tools that has enabled our team to pickup and go, without too much explanation.

Aron G.

"The Complete Package - Project Management Software Throughout the Process"

What do you like best?

Clarizen is an enterprise strength project management software to help from sale, all the way through delivery. Whatever your organizational function (operations, delivery, sales, management) the platform helps you do your job and have full visibility into what's going on.

What do you dislike?

Clarizen doesn't have much to dislike, but the interface itself is pretty clunky. The process of entering time in (for timesheet management) can inexplicably be buggy at times, and I wish it was easier to sort and work through job codes and functions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend anyone considering adoption ask for full demos and trial. Also, given the barriers I believe exist with the clunkiness of the interface, be willing to give it time to prove itself to you. What I mean is, people might dismiss the platform because it can take a little getting used to. That is, I should mention, also true of Apple's IoS, Windows, Android, Photoshop, etc.... Give it a chance, and I suspect you'll be happy with what you end up with. Also, another bit of advice is to ensure you have a multi-disciplinary team evaluate as this is software the entire organization should be using. Once you've done that I imagine you'll learn if this is right for you.

We are a professional services firm and Clarizen is an *almost* one stop shop for everything related to project management. So project workflow and planning, customer satisfaction, project record keeping, managing handoffs, etc... all are done with the platform.

Lawrence J.

"Robust project management and collaboration tool "

What do you like best?

Incredibly adaptable, configurable and an extraordinary Project Management apparatus. Preceding chossing this arrangement I assessed a bunch of contenders and I can't be more joyful with my decision. The Clarizen group is a joy to work with. I particularly value the free every other week online classes, which offer executives an open stage to share their inquiries where a Clarizen master helps and walk you through arrangements or potentially suggestions. Their telephone application is an incredible expansion and works extraordinary when you are in a hurry. he interface is additionally entirely adjustable so you can suit the necessities of every individual group or office.

What do you dislike?

I loathe that occasionally the setup and review logs become troublesome and are not easy to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you represent the majority of the custom work process needs of your organization. The dimension of customization will require bunches of contribution as it has a huge amount of customization. Evaluate the item and go to some exhibit sessions. I prescribe.

I help in ventures the board and is valuable for overseeing remaining task at hand. It helped our group to get to all archives effectively and get refreshed ventures. All venture assignments from employment opportunity to evaluating, to audit and endorsement. Quicker access to information, decrease of venture closeout. Documentation of task occasions, messages, reports. It was incredible to have the option to see everything so plainly and effectively.

Tony C.

"Customizatable project manager "

What do you like best?

There is a ton of chance for customization. Simple to explore numerous exercises from a solitary toolbar. Capacity to label individuals and track social action. It is anything but difficult to redo the undertakings for any present task layout. It is additionally simple to include conditions. The talk posting highlight is exceptionally useful, particularly when you have to think back and see the historical backdrop of what has occurred on a specific venture. I like that on the off chance that I have to alter timing for a solitary assignment, it will naturally modify the dates of the needy undertakings and the general venture.

What do you dislike?

Detailing isn't as hearty. I might want to see a completely adaptable reports module.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clarizen can be utilized over all ventures. If it's not too much trouble ensure that it tackles at any rate 90% of your particular needs.

We presently utilize this to follow the rollout of a point of offer application. Because of the visual portrayals, we are effectively ready to distinguish potential detours and course right. Task revealing and status detailing for customer usage, customer charging, formation of official reports.

fred A.

"Great tool for Gantt plannification"

What do you like best?

Creating a new project is easy and intuitive.

It is also a good tool for reporting to upper management from micro level (day to day progress of every team member) to something more condensed.

What do you dislike?

It is not geared for displaying images and large thumnails.

The user interface to change the column width and maintain consistency could be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very versatile tool that can be used for many thing.

I would not recommend using clarizen as a first project management tool...

start simple.. then switch to Clarizen once you really know what you want and how you want to use it...

We have improved our weekly communications... no more excels spreadsheets !

Richard M.

"The PM solution for what you need today and tomorrow"

What do you like best?

The customization options are immense. Custom fields (across almost all aspects of the product), custom reports, custom business rules (both triggered and scheduled), and custom actions (manual triggers). All of this allows me to tailor the look, feel and behavior of Clarizen to our business needs.

What do you dislike?

You are limited to a single email identity in system-generated emails (through business rules).

That means If you have multiple business units, Clarizen is unable to fire off automated emails from (by proxy) ABC.com and XYZ.com, it can only email from ABC.com This makes external communication problematic. If they would allow you to specify the 'Send From' within each rule, this would be non-issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- If this is your first foray into finding a project management solution for your business, Clarizen may appear to offer much more than the requirements you have on your research sheet. If you select a product that checks all of your boxes and little more, you will end up outgrowing it within the first year. Clarizen has the feature set that you need today and much more that you will want tomorrow.

- Make sure that you have somebody on staff who can or can learn to code the business rules. you will find yourself creating a lot of them after your onboarding period and professional services time can get expensive if you need Clarizen to build out every custom field, rule and project template for you.

- Do you need Clarizen to cater to and represent multiple business units (internal or exterrnal)? Internally it can do this with no problem. If, however, you need to send communications out of Clarizen on behalf of different business entities, this could be an issue for you. Clarizen will not send emails from multiple email addresses (unless you send them all manually).

- A fully structured project schedule. Clarizen us the ability to focus more on individual customer needs by taking care of the minutia of milestone schedules (payment due, shipment, deployment dates).

- Our Project Coordinators are now able to manage a larger portfolio of projects than they were before Clarizen because of the automations and scheduling control it provides. This has allowed us to increase our FTEs at a slower rate as sales increase.

- Collaboration and sharing o common data has been greatly improved between our Sales, Accounting, Shipping and Implementation teams by providing a central source of data within Clarizen and automating notifications of key triggers (payment received, shipment ready) in real time.

Joan Manuel A.

"Best program"

What do you like best?

the way we can follow up the different projects and the way Clarizen manage my different projects in order to complete them. Also, I like how can improve our system and we can change the way we like it, the support is great, Andzrej is always in his very best to attend us. Thanks to Clarizen we can follow the tasks, the milestones and even we can view a Gantt with the timeline related to the project.

What do you dislike?

Lack of notifications, I would like Clarizen send a notification when my task is not complete

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The excelent service with the customer

UT
User in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Marketing Collaboration Experience"

What do you like best?

Clarizen provides a structured work flow for marketing projects that enables multiple users to collaborate on the deliverables and track progress. Overall, it achieves this goal well.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps not a dislike: Clarizen is focused on its marketing coordination features. Could it offer more supporting functionality for related needs of marketers? Perhaps, but that's not the intended goal of Clarizen, I would surmise. And that's fine. Focus on what you're good at.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Clarizen works well at least in a marketing-centric context with a marketing department interfacing with internal stakeholders to move forward marketing projects and deliverables. Understand that this is Clarizen's goal and mission - don't expect it to be something that it's not (it offers a social aspect, but let's face it, it's hard to achieve a decent % adoption company-wide without extensive promotion and buy in advocacy).

Clarizen is used by my company's marketing department to coordinate marketing support requests from hundreds of employees. My experience with the system has been fairly straightforward and positive overall. And from what I know, our marketing department has no plans to drop Clarizen for another tool since it accomplishes its goal at least adequately.

Executive Sponsor

"Powerful - Unstructured - Unusual Customer Attitude"

What do you like best?

It's configurable. It's rated well. It would be hard to ask a question during pre-sales they cannot say yes to.

What do you dislike?

It's configurable. It's very easy to get into trouble with the product. For what is a financial system of record for us, it's incredibly easy to get disinformation. Clarizen is resistant to supply consultants, even when we offer to pay, in the quantity or duration we request. It is difficult to get best practice recommendations from them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that their implementation services come from another vendor (spinoff from Clarizen) and that the handoff isn't great, and the services company may not really care what the Clarizen sales person sold. There also appears to be a complete lack of partners in the ecosystem if you want to hire other consultants.

Professional Services PPM and Time/Billing

User in Consumer Goods

"Great for Project Management, not so great for other things"

What do you like best?

- Continuous upgrades to the product, adding useful features

- Really well designed reporting tool. Very useful and feature rich.

- Configurable to support more than just your project / program requirements (we are using it for helpdesk ticketing)

- Good time reporting / utilization capabilities.

- Good Resource Management capabilities

What do you dislike?

- Licensing (in general), is not budget friendly, compared with competitors

- While configurable to support more than just your project/ program management requirements, in hindsight, I would have stuck with just implementing project management and time management only.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Carefully consider your user licensing needs, that has been one of the biggest challenges with end-user (not department) adoption.

Look at your requirements carefully. They will promise a lot, but their core strength is project management.

It has been incredibly helpful for understanding time management/ resource management.

It is one of the primary reasons we've been able to greatly expand and been successful in our project management processes.

AI

"Excellent Features and Easibility"

What do you like best?

Clarizen has a great reporting base - very easy to use along with the ability to create complex and informative dashboards. I also enjoy their community portal and support. When getting into a bind or not understanding how to get something accomplished, you can always search on their portal for a resolution. The support team is second to none, every time I have sent a question to the support team at Clarizen, they respond quickly with an answer to my question.

What do you dislike?

I don't clearly dislike anything about Clarizen but their are a few features I would like to see in the future.

Resource management - Clarizen has introduced a new resource management module to make it easier to request, add, remove resources.

"Robust, but buggy"

What do you like best?

Clarizen allows for multiple teams to work together seamlessly. The reporting, view settings, and filters are all keen to allowing the software to work across the company.

What do you dislike?

It's buggy - we run into small (but impactful) bugs regularly and have some issues with how long each change can take to "save" upon a loaded task.

We were working with teams that are both project-based and retainer-based, so we needed to find a way that both types of billing/time tracking would work across the business. The tool and its reporting features are so easy to customize (with the help of a rep) that it's allowed us to seamlessly incorporate bigger projects.

"Clarizen has helped us from a program management perspective and in our planning/oversight function."

What do you like best?

One of the best functions of Clarizen is that it is web based allowing us to run international programs and all be on the same platform. The structure itself was built to run projects so it helps keep our program and project managers on the good path

What do you dislike?

There are two main areas of inflexibility. The first being time series reporting, where we report stats as of a specific point in time. Then around the automation of project creation. There are limitations in how flexible a project creation process you can put in place without creating a burdensome template management process.

Running a great deal of programs and projects across the globe. Standardization has been the largest benefit we have received.

Deepika A.

"Easy Customization and Project Management"

What do you like best?

Clarizen is a very flexible platform for project management and easy to customize. It has the capability to measure and changes things.

It is the best interface for workflows, process improvement, and customization.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the configuration and audit logs become difficult and are not user-friendly. Moreover, it does not have proper structured documentation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good idea to use the interface for project management so I will recommend everyone to use the product as it is efficient and flexible platform that is easy to configure.

I help in projects management and is very useful for managing workload. It helped our team to access all documents easily and get updated projects.

Executive Sponsor

"Amex Clarizen for project management"

What do you like best?

How all project data, files, and communications in connected and accessible. Gives unprecedented insight into project details and spend.

What do you dislike?

Reporting. While getting the data is fine, the outputs visually are rough. Columns need constant adjustments, the charts are limited (usually have to pull data into excel to get what I need), and the download to excel is not clean, causing a lot of reformatting to be usable. Also, the file viewer was no buggy that we disabled it.

Consolidation of project data from 13+ locations to one. All project tasks from job opening to estimating, to review and approval. Faster access to data, reduction of project closeout from 1 day to less than 1 hour.

"Solid performing software"

What do you like best?

the ability to use Clarizen within our own set of needs without having to customize the application. There are also the collaborative dashboard view where you are able to review multiple project timelines at the same time.

What do you dislike?

some of the old/past functions of Clarizen are no longer supported or available. Some of this includes the ability to send a task or milestone update to a user via email and have them update via email with comments as well without having to log into Clarizen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To spend the time upfront to ensure you are building an effective tool for your application.

Collaboration and Project Management tasks. Benefits have primarily been the documentation of project events/emails/documents/etc.

"I'm PM in our company and I'm also Administrator of our Clarizen"

What do you like best?

Clarizen has a lot of functionality that helps you to manage your project in a better way. The possibility to create so many types of reports that can help you to get any useful information is just amazing.

Navigation works very well, from each module you have reference to other related modules, which is very useful.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that I dislike any specific functionality but if you are relatively new to the system it is hard to remember what is where, because the system is really very big.

Sometimes it is hard to find an answer to your specific question in the Help section, so you need to bother support team and open the ticket.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not do too much customizations, try to use the native features

As a PM I manage my projects' budget and progress via Clarizen.

As an Administrator I follow up people's timesheets, get information about the utilization of each resource, create projects infrastructure for the whole company.

AI

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

Clarizen settings allow for a dizzying set of powerful tool possibilities in workflows, validation rules, custom actions, field types, and data treatments. The tool itself is easy-to-use for the most part. I like the powerful views and reports features.

What do you dislike?

Module elements all look similar - it can be difficult to navigate when an Issue looks the same as a Request. There are no upfront or obvious versioning and history/change records: you have to build formula driven fields and workflow rules, custom actions. Issues and Requests are not directly relateable. Our instance is somewhat roped together in terms of architecture. License structure and access control is complicated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a solid plan of design & purpose for the tool, and a hard set of requirements before talking to Clarizen. It's hard to build upon it later.

We're using Clarizen to gather the agency statement of work, establish project timelines for creative development, and to track the deliverables those projects generate. We've realized improvements to capacity forecasts and to on-time delivery of assets.

Brandon B.

"Not great"

What do you like best?

Comprehensive project management tool with approvals and workflows.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a project manager by trade and I'm managing often 4-5 people on a 3 month project. As such, Clarizen is really tricky to use since it's not super responsive to changes as it's calculating dependencies, etc. Since I don't have many of those, it's frustrating to use the application.

Have a unified project management software across multiple divisions that is cloud based and can roll up easily the portfolio of projects we have.

Chana L.

"Best for Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

Clarizen is really easy to use. The custom field and workflow calculations are very easy to learn how to write, as are reports. It is very straightforward in those areas.

What do you dislike?

Allocation of resources can be a bit finicky, and is not as intuitive as it could be. The Resource Planning addition has come a long way, however, and I think it is on the right track to becoming easier to use.

We were trying to give executives status at a glance of a large number of projects / portfolios, including metrics and strategic accounts. It was great to be able to see everything so clearly and easily.

Learn more about Clarizen

Clarizen Videos

Learning about Clarizen?

* We monitor all Clarizen reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0