Avaza Reviews & Product Details

What is Avaza?

Avaza provides an integrated suite of functionality for running your business. This includes Project Management & Collaboration, Resource Scheduling, Time Tracking, Expense Management, Quoting & Invoicing. Each of these modules can be used together or independently to suit a wide range of businesses. Avaza is particularly useful for consulting & professional services companies that need all these functions, and enjoy having a single source of truth & powerful reporting. Avaza is built in the cloud and available on any device.

Avaza Screenshots

1-25 of 147 total Avaza reviews

Avaza Reviews

1-25 of 147 total Avaza reviews
Server Engineer

"Great tool for project management and billing."

What do you like best?

I like that the user interface is very organized and very visually attractive, that means that you can work on the tool without getting tired of your eyesight. the employees could be adapted very easily and quickly, the technical support team is also very efficient.

What do you dislike?

Some configurations are a bit complicated to perform. For example, doing some modification to the assigned tasks can be a bit difficult, I think that you could do some update to solve that problem.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent tool to process and analyze data in a very organized and easy to understand, has the ability to facilitate the management of complex tasks, really allows work more efficiently to save time and money.

With this software we can always keep informed of the progress of each project in progress carried out by the different work teams of the company. We can have access to important information very quickly because it is not necessary to ask someone for information and wait for that person to send it that is really fantastic. that really allows you to save a lot of time and avoid the delay in the information.

Quality Engineer

"Simply indispensable for monitoring the time of large projects."

What do you like best?

I really like this tool, it seems to me that it is well designed and focused on making it very easy to use, its interface is very intuitive, what really facilitates its use, I like how it allows to organize projects in development to follow up on time very quickly and efficiently.

What do you dislike?

There are only some details that I do not like and that is that you can not see the timesheet by month, I can only see them for a day or week, but well this is not a really critical problem. It is a minor problem but it would be good if they made these changes to the system.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool is very efficient to control time and avoid billing errors, just spend the time you need to know the software that will make your job much easier.

Avaza helped our company to carry out a detailed monitoring of the time used in the company's internal projects and our clients' projects, another benefit was to improve the billing to our clients, Avaza makes it very easy to know where the time of the day to day in this way we can more efficiently manage the time dedicated to the projects.

Operations Manager

"Excellent Intuitive UI"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface of Avaza. It is easy to navigate, clean, and very intuitive. It takes very little time to train employees on how to use it and when I have questions the support team is literally a single click away. They are very responsive and open to ides for improvement (like a pause button on the timer).

I like that you don't have to pick a project prior to starting a timer. You can start the timer from a browser on your computer, get up walk away, and stop it from the app. This is excellent for working in a shop environment because I'm not always sitting at my computer when I start or stop a timer.

Avaza has a wonderful app that lets you take pictures of expenses and mark it as both a reimbursable and an expense that is billable to the customer. This feature is excellent when you have people on the road. Not only do we need to pay our employees back but we can also bill the customer for meals/lodging/etc.

What do you dislike?

The timer doesn't have a pause button. Their help desk (simple chat click on every page) said they'd add a "vote" for it, so I'm sure it's come up.

We were looking for a way to track project time across multiple projects, multiple people, and multiple rates. Avaza also allows us to add expenses, add recurring expenses, create a reimbursement & invoice with a single expense entry, and create invoices.

Senior Producer

"A terrific hub that connects almost every aspect of our business"

What do you like best?

The design of the interface and functionality of the controls are simple and intuitive, so it's rather easy to jump in and start using it right away. There are lot of different features that allow us to add information about things like project tasks, assignments, goals, client details and just about anything related to work activities. There are several visual tools and charts that give us a quick glimpse into a specified period of time. I like that users can update information and have that information reflected immediately for everyone that's connected in Avaza.

What do you dislike?

Well, I've been using Avaza for a few years and haven't found much to dislike about it. I mainly use the standard features without any advanced custom options, so perhaps if I explored more integration type stuff, I'm thinking it probably won't be as easy as my usage now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Avaza since it's a not only efficient at processing data and displaying it in an way that's easy to adsorb, but it's also easy to work with and can perform complex tasks without the need for programming or anything complicated from a technical standpoint.

The Avaza system has been super for keep me and other in the loop about almost every facet of deals, projects and other work activities. We can access vital information quickly without having to send requests and waiting for someone to send something to us. It really saves time by reducing communication and other logistics needed get tasks done. We can smoothly transfer data to different business components, so our need for added data entry is minimized.

Project Team Manager
Research

"The most suitable solution for Project management that every Organization needs to have."

What do you like best?

What I like most about avaza is how it designed well to be easy to use and has a simple and intuitive interface that make it easy to navigate.Again I liked the way this software is useful for time tracking of team members and time used to carry out project.Likewise it's easy to manage expenses,quotes and invoices with this software.Furthermore it's very free to create an Avaza account because it has a free trial version.Additionally,I like the way it easy to prepare timely and powerful reports about the progress of every project.Moreover,Avaza integrates seamlessly with timesheets to bring more productivity.Finally,project budgeting is easy with Avaza.

What do you dislike?

I absolutely have no drawback while using this software because it's best project management tool to have ever used and it's competitors cannot beat it.It's work using and very reliable tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's our go-to solution for task and projects management thus it's worth trying.

Provides timely reports on projects progress.

For great project and tasks management.

Easy time tracking.

Easy projects budgeting.

Sales Representative

"Control your invoices and direct your projects"

What do you like best?

The attendance sheets is one of the integrations that we consider most useful. It is a good method to see the efficiency of an employee, to check how he is doing his job and what is the performance of his work.

Directing the teams through Avaza also means that there can be greater coloboration among all the members of the different teams. This facility to work as a team means that any change or doubt is much easier to discuss for later implementation.

I also believe that personalized reports can be created with the necessary information to send them to clients and that they can see the progress made in the development of our business work with respect to the orders they have given us.

What do you dislike?

Assigning time and making certain modifications to tasks is somewhat complex at the beginning. It has been a bit difficult to understand how the tasks work and how to adapt them to our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Avaza is a good system for companies that need to control their projects more and have more information so that customers have more participation and for teamwork to be more effective.

Generating a better workflow is what we have achieved with Avaza. We have a broader view of the objectives of our company and the work that each of our employees does to obtain these elements.

We have better communication with customers, since now we can show them reports with more data, we can better explain how the projects are going and we can take their interests into account in order to make changes.

Owner

"Best one-stop for project management and billing"

What do you like best?

The integration of client relationship tools allows us to manage everything needed for our consulting clients in one place.

What do you dislike?

We moved from Asana to Avaza and miss the templates, especially the Rolling Agenda. We did, however, create our own. It would be a nice upgrade but isn't a knock against Avaza's overall usability.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will need to take some time to click around before deploying the software to your entire team. We eased our team in with a Rolling Agenda we work from during each meeting. With just the tiniest bit of training, your team will be up and running. And don't hesitate to reach out to support. They are very helpful and responsive.

We have a unique partnership, separate businesses and a team of four helping to manage all of these. Avaza gives us a hub for our entire team to keep up with the many moving pieces off our three business ventures. We also use the project management tool for our clients to see the progress of their contracts and items we need them to complete.

Sales Support

"Amazing Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Avaza is amazing does the job for all project management issues. We use Avaza daily and whenever we need help with anything they are quick to reply. Some of our requests have been a bit crazy but they have never not answered us. Timesheets on avaza are great for our company as we can see how productive our staff are really being. Customised reporting is great and you can have them sent straight to the customer via email.

What do you dislike?

There isnt alot that we do not like but one thing we would love is more customisation we would love to put our branding in a bit more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just do it it is the best project management tool out there. Their customer service can not be faulted. I highly recommend using this platform. You can vote for new features which I think is great as they are really listening to what the customers need more than anything.

We can track our employees time, schedules, customer budgets reports and where we are at with everything project related

FPGA Designer

"Avaza, the right tool!"

What do you like best?

We are a small R&D company and we were missing more and more a project management tool.

After vacation period, we were really motivated in finding the best solution...but it has not been an easy task!

We evaluated many different project management solutions, and in the end we chose Avaza. It answers to our need of managing

projects and teams in an easy and user friendly way, at an acceptable cost.

What do you dislike?

asically, we do not like the fact that a view with the "big picture" of all the Company projects togheter, is missig.

It is in particular very important on a planning phase to have the view of the overall allocation of each person, across all the projects ,

to avoid overloading a resource.

Additionally we find a little annoying the fact that if I create a task and assign it to myself (it's normal stuff in a small company ...) I'm notified by default,

and that if I move the bars in the Gantt bar list view it does not automatically preserve the Start/Due Date Hour, but I have to set again them in the correct

way (normally 9.00 a.m., 6 p.m.)

Resource allocation and project schedule management

Response from Nida Rasheed of Avaza

Hi Giovanna, thank you for your review :)

I do recommend taking a look at our resource scheduling module, which shows you each user's availability, how over or under-scheduled they may be, and you can also view the team schedule in project mode to see scheduling per project :)

There's also a notify checkbox when you create a task. Unchecking this means we don't send the user a notification email.

For Gantt, I understand what you mean, especially in the higher level zooms (month/year) as it's hard to place the task at a specific time of the day. However, you can easily zoom in, and the lower zoom levels allow you to do so.

I'd recommend getting in touch with support@avaza.com if you have any questions.

Regards,

Nida

Graduate Marketing Assistant

"Great way to keep track of time tracking and invoicing"

What do you like best?

I did a lot of research to find a service that would allow me to simply keep track of my freelance hours and create invoices automatically and Avaza does that really well and it's easy to figure out and use. I like that I can enter hours manually but also track in real time if I want. The free version has all the features I need right now too and the invoices it creates are nice and simple and I can also put my own logo in there too.

What do you dislike?

Could be a little more intuitive in putting times into a timesheet/tasks - but I am still figuring out the best work flow so it may just take time to get the hang of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free version is great so worth giving it a go and seeing if it does what you need it to do.

Helps me keep track of my freelance invoices and will be really helpful to have all in one place come tax season! Can create reports as well so you can see a big picture of time and projects etc.

Executive Assistant

"Intuitive, Streamlined Project Management Software--It does the things"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Avaza is that it was thoughtfully developed. The settings in each module and the integration of the modules with one another are intuitive and streamlined. The parameters by which projects can be set up allow users to handle different types of project work. Fixed Rate Billing? Invoicing Project Time? Resource Scheduling? Time Tracking? Project Profit Reporting? Resource Utlization? Avaza has all of this; and so much more--with the best rate and customer service for any similar product (we know; we did the research!).

What do you dislike?

We've had some kinks to work out with our Quickbooks integration. That's the only growing pain we've seen with Avaza. However, the customer care department has been extremely responsive and helpful in working out these small kinks!

Also, we wish there was a more intuitive way to handle PTO requests and tracking.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Schedule a demo. Download the trial version. Compare the features to similar softwares. If you do these things, you will see the benefits for yourself.

Our organization found Avaza, when looking for a resource scheduling software.

One of the biggest benefits we realized after integration was all the different ways in which the software helps in the area of communication. From internal project communication to communication with clients and date/time stamps when invoices are sent (also, you can see when an external user actually views a sent invoice!!!), communication was clearly considered during development.

Founder, Managing Director

"A project management tool I should have been using since the beginning"

What do you like best?

Avaza has been helpful and accommodating as both an army-of-one freelancer and as the head of a small team. The project management tool is both simple and robust, and it doesn't try (and inevitably fail) to be something it's not.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be organized better. Since I typically manage projects on the web app, I typically only use the mobile app to start/stop project timers (I would imagine I'm not the only one). But the feature is a bit hidden, and isn't immediately accessible.

I've used PM tools such as Zoho (too "enterprise" for what I need) and FreshBooks (lacking important features, and not very "team friendly"). I've explored several other options too, and landed on Avaza. The biggest benefit the tool provides is it's ability to be simple and scalable—it's intuitive, yet robust, and allows me to quickly and easily scale up and down my team, and assign different users to different tasks.

Freelance Graphic Designer
Graphic Design

"I love Avaza!"

What do you like best?

I spent 48hours researching and trying many different project management solutions and I eventually chose Avaza. It was an easy choice to make as it is so easy to use and offers all of the features I need. I can manage projects, track time spent on individual tasks - including internal projects as well as personalised invoicing and estimates with online payment links. I especially like the fact that I can setup a new project straight from an approved estimate.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have had so far is that to track time you have to be able to tie it to a specific task on a project. It would be nice if I had the option to just add time to a project without actually having to add a task in every time. Although this has meant I am far more organised as I have a task set up for everything I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free option has almost all the features of the paid plan, I recommend having a play with this first to get to grips with it. Although it is more user friendly than most others I have tried.

My organisation has greatly improved as well as reducing the time I have spent setting up orders and sending estimates and invoices.

Response from Nida Rasheed of Avaza

Hi Gemma,

Thank you for your review! :)

Please note, you do not need to choose a task every time you create a task. The only mandatory fields we require on timesheets are Projects and Timesheet Categories. Tasks are optional unless you enable the setting to make them mandatory. You can contact support for more details on how to switch this setting off :)

mr

"avaza is the best"

What do you like best?

What I like most about avaza is the way it planned well to be anything but difficult to utilize and has a basic and instinctive interface that make it simple to navigate.Again I loved the manner in which this product is valuable for time following of colleagues and time used to do project.Likewise it's anything but difficult to oversee expenses,quotes and solicitations with this software.Furthermore it's allowed to make an Avaza account since it has a free preliminary version.Additionally,I like the way it simple to get ready convenient and ground-breaking reports about the advancement of each project.Moreover,Avaza incorporates flawlessly with timesheets to carry more productivity.Finally,project planning is simple with Avaza.

What do you dislike?

The main issue I have had so far is that to follow time you must almost certainly attach it to a particular undertaking on a venture. It would be decent in the event that I had the choice to simply add time to an undertaking without really including an assignment in unfailingly. In spite of the fact that this has implied I am unquestionably progressively composed as I have an undertaking set in the mood for all that I do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You should set aside some effort to click around before conveying the product to your whole group. We facilitated our group in with a Rolling Agenda we work from amid each gathering. With simply the most minor piece of preparing, your group will be ready for action. What's more, don't delay to contact support. They are useful and responsive.

As an independent visual originator, Avaza keeps me consistently associated with the offices I work with. Assignment the board is a breeze - with the special reward of time following, which keeps everybody in agreement for invoicing. With everything taken into account, Avaza makes working remotely as simple as taking a shot at site.

Great software for freelancers
(Myself Only)

"Great software for freelancers"

What do you like best?

At first, i was skeptical about using an online software in this aspect as i did not initially know what to do. I received great online chat support throughout the process of learning how to use invoices.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike when using Avaza's software, everything from informative chat support to a great online experience is highly expected when using the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I received great online chat support and the features offered by avaza are great and easy to use, not forgetting their affordable rate. Highly recommend.

As a freelancer, i have been able to reach my clients with the invoicing system as well as being able to track payments received.

Junior Writer Assistant
Writing and Editing

"Avaza is great for tracking time and expenses"

What do you like best?

I like the clean, simple layout and the ease of use. I also like the option to time your projects so you don't have to keep track of your time manually.

What do you dislike?

I don't really dislike anything about Avaza. I have only been using it for a couple of days so far, but it seems like a great site for keeping track of projects, time, and expenses.

The company I work for uses Avaza to keep track of time spent on projects as well as expenses charged to our clients. It really helps us keep track of how much time is spent on each project, and it helps us manage our time better as well. It makes it very easy to see exactly where our time is going throughout the day and how we can better manage our time for our projects.

Realtor

"Avaza is Amazing!"

What do you like best?

I love the organizational flow! Avaza is functional and intuitive. Aside from timesheet management, the projects tab is my favorite destination. Having all of my clients perfectly laid out on one page is nothing short of a miracle.

What do you dislike?

Discussion feature could be better -- very "A" to "B," rather than a natural flow. I back Avaza up with Slack for communication, using Avaza as the structure for day-to-day tasks.

As a freelance graphic designer, Avaza keeps me seamlessly connected to the agencies I work with. Task management is a breeze -- with the added bonus of time tracking, which keeps everyone on the same page for invoicing. All-in-all, Avaza makes working remotely as easy as working on-site.

Director

"New User of the app"

What do you like best?

Its very comprehensive.

I don't use all the functionality yet but it seems to cover pretty much whatever a PMO + PM tool would need.

We can manage Waterfall or Agile Process

What do you dislike?

The UI could be made more interesting and appealing.

The color combination and the way information is displayed can be done better

I am managing the tasks and release for a prototype I am making with a small team.

If this goes well then I might end up using the same for the entire project development.

I would like to know if there is integration with GitHub or BitBucket available with the tool.

Head of IT
Financial Services

"Awesome all in one project management! "

What do you like best?

As a freelance developer, I can do everything in one software. Create and manage projects and tasks, assign them to my team, let customers access timesheets and tasks, and then invoice them using Avaza. Everything in one software makes it easier for me to keep track of everything.

What do you dislike?

They don't have accounting yet. They also don't have a calendar within the app that I can track tasks on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need an all in one business management solution, this is it. You can track projects, collaborate, keep clients in the loop, bill them etc all in one place.

Staying on top of project deadlines and making sure we make a profit. The project management module is super powerful as we can track time spent on each task and compare it to estimates.

Senior Consultant
Utilities

"Excellent Invoicing App"

What do you like best?

The interface is very straightforward, and the app is easy to get up and functioning.

What do you dislike?

Very little; however, it would be convenient to have an option to send the invoice straightaway after creating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Settings are very important to get right, in order to have a smooth workflow during invoicing. You may have to try several times to get it the way you want it, but it's pretty easy to navigate the settings and figure out what settings give you the results you want on the finished invoice.

My clients receive clear and concise invoices showing all time spent and services rendered. The app reduces client questions as to what the invoice is for.

Technical Designer & Construction Administrator
Architecture & Planning

"very user friendly system"

What do you like best?

Avaza has the ability to track time spent on certain jobs for both payroll and billing purposes. This software provides the ability to create and track different jobs per user job number creation. And even has a built in clock, so that one can get to the minute time tracking if needed.

What do you dislike?

being an online portal, you have to make certain to remember what time you are spending on what task if you are not in a internet connected zone at the time of submission

Recommendations to others considering the product:

give it a try. Other Time tracking software can only calculate down to the 1/4 hour. this software can calculate to the minute

Through the use of Avaza, we are tracking our job expense and payroll calculations to be able to acculturate pay employees and bill clients

Owner

"Avaza is a great little tool"

What do you like best?

I am a one man company and I was looking for a tool that I can use to have all of my project organized, track the time I spend on each task, and linked together my expenses and invoices to the projects. Avaza can do all that for me.

What do you dislike?

I am constantly switching back and forth between the timesheet view and project view to assign dates to my time. I wish there was a way to backlog my time directly in the project task window ( right now I can only enter new time on the current date within the task window)

I am new Avaza and I'm still trying to figure out how to use all of it's features but I have been able to organize my projects and tasks in a way that is more easily manageable.

President & CEO

"Happy we found Avaza!"

What do you like best?

We now have an easy to use central location for Project Management and Time Tracking with workflow. Much better than separate systems like we had before. The ability to scale based on our project team size and all the underlying workflow functionality is very good.

What do you dislike?

Our primary object was to find a cloud application that was accessible by any device and could easily capture time against project tasks. Avaza has that and much more which has taken us time to explore and see how we can fit it in our workflows.

We tried many apps before Avaza and couldn't find one that had the functionality and ease of use that we wanted. Fortunately, we found Avaza and took to it very quickly. We were also very pleased with the integration with other apps we use making our overall processes more automated and seamless.

An area I didn't think we would use much was Reports, but we've found it to be very helpful at getting snapshots of each project and all projects as a whole.

MS

"I've finally found the best option for my marketing agency!"

What do you like best?

I think the software is a great solution for simplifying our business processes, it's easy to use and does everything we need and more. It reduces the need for multiple platforms, especially for invoicing, tracking and paying staff and project managing our marketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike, it would be great to have a custom dashboard which allowed us to track specific metrics, but this is doable via reports so I can't complain!!

We run cross channel marketing campaigns for our clients, and the gantt chart functionality is superior to other tools we have tried. Particularly the ability to set task dependencies and auto schedule groups of tasks when something runs over. The reporting capabilities are also super powerful, allowing me to track work hours against campaign budgets.

Business Development Manager

"Great software that allows for good degree of customisation"

What do you like best?

Avaza really makes it easy to set up project, log hours, but also check off set tasks and subtasks at the same time - the software integrates task management and time logging which greatly advantages employees in the planning stages, but also in the logging of tasks for timesheet purposes. Really saves time!

What do you dislike?

Small things, such as needing to go into existing tasks when in the timesheet screen, can sometimes waste time - an 'add task' functions within the timesheet tab would be great!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Can seem a little convoluted at first, but becomes easier to use with a little time!

As above, Avaza has greatly improved our team's capacity to plan our projects, and to also see every individual's progress with regards to tasks and subtasks within these.

Avaza Pricing