Windows Movie Maker Reviews & Product Details

What is Windows Movie Maker?

With Windows Movie Maker, you can quickly turn your photos and videos into polished movies.

Windows Movie Maker Profile Details

Windows Movie Maker Profile Details

Microsoft
Description
Microsoft Corporation develops, licenses, and supports software products and services; and designs and sells hardware worldwide. Flagship products include Windows, Office, Azure, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Dynamics ERP and CRM, as well as Xbox; Skype; and Windows Phone.
1975

1-50 of 87 total Movie Maker reviews

Windows Movie Maker Reviews

1-50 of 87 total Movie Maker reviews
SENIOR EDITOR

"User friendly and Easy to use."

What do you like best?

Windows movie maker is very user friendly and easy to use when it comes to editing videos compared to other video editing software plus its free to windows users and it already pre-installed on your windows computer. The non complexity of the editing software is what i liked most because i can edit my videos as quickly as possible and be able to share with my friends unlike the other video editing software which some take forever when its comes to rendering and trying to share your videos. The basic editing offered helps out to beginners who have not so much knowledge when it comes to video editing so the basics of the software help when using it.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is that it has just the basic needs when it comes to video editing unlike the other video editing software. One can only use it just for basic editing and nothing complex when using it unlike other editing software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy and friendly to use for anyone who wants to try it out you should definitely do. Free for windows users. Easier when it comes to sharing your video whether its through the use of dvds,flash disks or sharing your content online.

With this video editing software i am able to do quick edits for my clients or personal projects and quickly share them online on my social media to showcase my work and improve my following.

Designer

"A good option to quickly edit the videos"

What do you like best?

I like Windows Movie Maker because I can edit videos is very short, it is very versatile, it fulfills all the basic functions of a video editor, it has traditional animations and very useful, the narration option has helped me a lot to insert my voice into my personalized videos Also, the speed reduction tool is something that many video editors do not have. It has a button to add music that helps when placing a background song, in a simple way.

What do you dislike?

It lacks many professional editing tools, sometimes jams when a video is inserted, the online work options are very basic and not very useful, the animation tools are very outdated and outdated. It does not have very rendering for the videos. It does not have to personalize buttons or shortcuts for the keyboard, the visual templates that it has by default are basic and simple, when using them can create certain displeasure with the people who see the video.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this program to make short videos, without many details, since it lacks many tools. The slow motion tool is very good in this tool, I highly recommend it.

I can make videos very fast to be able to appear in interviews. In field work, I take photos and videos with my smartphone and then edit them with Windows Movie Maker to make a presentation of normal quality. I can adjust the speed of the video to place simple animations and in a very short period of time.

System Analyst

"easy tool to make movie"

What do you like best?

is an easy to use tool that allows you to upload images or short videos to put them together and make videos or movies with great effects or designs in a free and fast way, it is an exclusive microsoft application for windows users. it is extremely light and fast installation.

What do you dislike?

although it is easy to use it does not have many tools for the design or editing of videos and images. the effects are basic you need to add more tool to give a better effect to the videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this application if what you need is a short and fast video about some images or videos with extremely basic effect you can count on this free application of easy installation and use

we have made quick videos with this simple application that the truth has not served much to interact and that the client understands the information.

Senior Software Engineer

"Basic, free, simple = Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

Windows movie maker is a very primitive and simple video editing software which was offered by Microsoft. It was a free software which shipped with Windows making it a great tool for simple video editing like that of home videos. The user interface is very straight forward and easy to learn without any training.

What do you dislike?

What makes Movie Maker great (its simplicity) is also its biggest downfall. I might say that its in fact too simple especially in an age where personal video editing is mainstream. When compared with other softwares such as iMovie, Movie Maker falls hilariously short in features and capability. If anything the software seems to be a reminiscent of Windows offerings from the early 2000's.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windows Movie Maker is very out dated and there are numerous other video editing software in the market today. I would recommend only using Movie Maker for very simple projects.

My main use for Movie Maker has been for its picture sideshow functionality. The software is simple and if I don't have other options open Movie Maker is my go to. However its usage is quite limited and I only use it for small projects.

Easy, safe and free calling videos

"the best movie edit, easy to use. I love him"

What do you like best?

It is an excellent program to edit recorded videos of any medium, it is completely free for Windows users, you can create various animations, incorporating audio, images, videos, Gif and texts to your liking by placing them in the second or at the moment you want, very easy to use and if you are starting to make videos, believe me it is the best, other than that allows us to create credits, bloopers, place the video in slow or fast, cut. You have many useful functions.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like is that it is only saved in wmv format, it becomes heavy if I try to edit large movie files and can not export other sources, however it allows many transitions and nice effects, which allows to give a very personal what you want to convey

Recommendations to others considering the product:

improve software performance, allow other sources and not only its format is wmv

I can make my presentations fast, super simple with just dragging, editing, placing effects, transitions and filters that are very necessary nowadays, the movies are very easy to make and I can use them between my contacts and how to use your product, increase my trade and save a lot of time doing it to my liking and so be able to continue sastifecho with the results, getting many more sales if in such a case I can not make a video conference I sent a video to watch until I have the availability of serve them all

Sr Software Engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Windows Movie maker is the best built in tool for movies editing in windows 7/10"

What do you like best?

I loved it since its inception in Windows ME in 2000s. Its available free of cost and ofcourse it comes bundled with windows by default. I used to to convert all my project demo videos to different other formats so that it will fit in a cd and can be playable by a cd/dvd player. I was also able to convert my cpmpany infrastructure photos and slideshows into videos which we use to showcase to customers to attract more business. It provides best compatibility with WMA, WMV formats and with mp4 and mp3 we need to tweak things out for best results.

What do you dislike?

As you know its doesnot have multiple formats to be converted to and .wmv is its default file format to work with. With growing file extensions for videos and with better compression capabilties and frame rates, windows movie maker being a free software was unable to cope up with market and while other softwares which are freewares like format factory, wondershare filmora were able to provide more format support. Also I dislike microsoft discontinuing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I will definitely recommend it to everyone . Even though it is discontinued by microsoft, one can download it free of cost from thier website anytime.

We have used it to convert videos which were recorded from stageshows to be edited and recomposed with music and then use to convert it to playable formats in CD an DVD.

Film Video Editor
Media Production

"Nice video editing tool for use, with simplicity and solid features"

What do you like best?

-Its simplicity and solid features,

-Windows Movie maker lives on for its horde of users and can be downloaded, still for free, from trusted sites.

-It came pre -installed on your new Windows PC and was ready to use.

- It has powerful features and was quite advanced for its time when it came out early on.

-It has simple and intuitive tools

-More capabilities are released after every release

-Its key features include the ability to organize photos, videos, audio and other media files that that i use in my project; tools to add effects, transitions, and text to my movie; and posting of my movie on social media and other online sites directly from the software

-Enables me select video clips and photos and the software does the rest with its AutoMovie tool.

-Enables me easy posting on Facebook, YouTube, and similar video sharing sites.

-Minimum system requirements do not take up much of my PC's resources.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any reason to dislike this platform. It is relatively a nice video editing platform by Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To try it if and only one is satisfied with it though i do not recommend it for professional editing task

Windows movie maker is the default video editing tool for millions of Windows PC users,

I have come to love it for its simplicity and solid features. Windows Movie Maker lives on for its simplicity and solid features. Windows Movie maker lives on for its horde of users and can be down loaded, still for free, from trusted sites.

Youth Pastor
Religious Institutions

"Okay, but not great!"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use that goes along with this user interface! It is very easy to learn and allows almost anyone the ability to jump right in and go! This program offers some good motion effects for a slideshow, and allows you to do some good timing cuts for video and audio transitions. There are great video transitions to add some professionalism or even just some fun to your project.

What do you dislike?

Not enough effect control! There are basically NO real video effects in this program... They have some overlays, and filters that you can use, but it does not allow you to do anything really quality as far as video editing goes. This is the program for simple presentation and slideshows, not for video/movie making.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember, if you are looking for a video editing software, this is not it. This is simple cut, drag, paste, add transitions kind of work. It will do great for a presentation or slideshows you would like to create, but it will not be the one you want to make an actual film or quality videos. If you like the user interface of it, try teaming it up with other video editors to give you a better chance at reaching your vision with your project! I have connected it with all of the Microsoft office programs, VSDC, Pinnacle Pro, and iMovie to create better looking projects with the same easy interface!

Running event slides, interview videos with music tracks, Picture slideshows with transitions.

Freelancer de tiempo completo
Arts and Crafts

"Become a professional of video editing"

What do you like best?

I have been using this software for quite a long time and the thing I like the most is how simple it is to use. The coolest thing is that I can get titles, subtitles and even give credits to my video work with just one click, YES! ONE CLICK! One more thing is that making your videos more exciting is as easy as adding songs to any of the frames you have so that you can give different types of moods to different parts of your video. This software is very complete.

What do you dislike?

One of the things that can be a pain in the neck is that if you're working with a long video, and you want to give different types of effects to different parts of this video, then you have to cut out the parts of that same video you need to change, and later, you need to apply the type of effect you want to each of these pieces of videos separately, and then save them like different files. After all that, you need to join them together. It would be lovely that there was an option to achieve this without so much work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my opinion, Movie Maker is one of the best and free editing resources you´ll find for your videos, as you can apply a wide variety of effects and sound with ease.

I can make most of the video editing process for my business with Movie Maker. This means that if a client wants his or her video to be edited and improved with an HQ quality, or make the video as if it was a black-and-white movie, then I can easily achieve all of this with Windows Movie Maker, and in a few minutes.

Marketing Administrator

"Great for quick editing!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can edit quickly and drop the videos into the editing space. The software is easy to use, and very simply laid out so I know where all of the tools I'll be using are. I love the trim tool, it is so easy to merge two clips together seamlessly!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I deal with crashes, which means I have to restart the editing process.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to make videos that don't need a lot of graphics editing, this is the perfect tool! You just drag and drop the video clips you need and trim, slice and edit your clips as needed. I love to use this movie maker for the weekly update videos my company films. This is the perfect tool for a video editing novice like myself. The process is streamlined, easy to use and it is very easy to save to HD video. I don't think I'll ever switch to anything aside from Windows movie maker!

I can edit my own videos, and not have to outsource. I love that the upload is so quick to. If I need to film a video and edit and upload quickly, I can always count on the movie maker to make my videos look 100%. I think we've saved the company a lot of money by not having to use a professional video grapher all the time for our short educational real estate videos.

EMPRENDEDORA INDEPENDIENTE

"This is a software that lets you perform basic but professional editing on your videos"

What do you like best?

I make videos and brochures for a living, and one of the tolos I frequently use is Windows Movie Maker. There are two things I like about this software: first and foremost, is really easy to use: you can find all of the features easily on the user panel and add them with only one click, which is a pretty cool feature. The other thing I like is that adding music, credits, black and white effects, and many more additions to make your video creation more beautiful is also a piece of cake.

What do you dislike?

Although this software makes a decent job, it has its cons. For example, I don´t like that there aren´t any options to directly add text to a piece of video, and it´s even worse that you cannot export your own custom font styles into the software. It would be a great and awesome addition if there was on option inside Movie Maker that allowed users to drag and drop text, images and any other objects that made video creation and editing more sophisticated.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Movie Maker will give you the ability to make your videos more sophisticated and will make them look more professiona.

When a customer asks me if I can finish editing any of the videos they´ll use for parties, proms, speeches, etc., I agree because I know I can get the job done with Movie Maker. Windows Movie Maker gives me the ability to give more life to videos by adding musical pieces; it also gives me the ability to make them more sophisticated by adding the director´s name and credits. These are some of the business benefits I get from Movie Maker: I make my clients happy.

EMPRENDEDOR INDEPENDIENTE
Music

"I create subliminal videos with Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

I like that Windows Movie Maker makes my life easier and helps me earn a few extra dollars. And how? Well, as it´s super easy to use, I only have to drag and drop a video (with no audio) inside the panel of Movie Maker. After this, I just add a few special effects from the upper menu, and finally, I add audio (that contains subliminal affirmations) in an easy way by using again the drag-and-drop function that this software allows. Everything I´ve just said is what I like about Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

It gets to be somewhat annoying that after I use the software many times in a row, it becomes really slow. Let me give you an example: if I´ve edited around 10 videos in a row, then when I want to edit video 11, the software starts freezing, and when it finally starts working, it takes centuries for the video to be saved and downloaded successfully. I don´t know why this happens, but it would be great if Microsoft could check this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Movie Maker allows you to edit and mix videos in an easy way. Be aware that this software is easy to use, but it also has simple and awesome functions, so don´t expect anything super sophisticated.

This is an excellent question, and it has a simple and short answer: I make and edit videos with it, so that I can sell them and earn money. My industry is the freelance world for music and video, thus, if there´s software that allows me to make and edit videos quickly, then this software will be one of the main tools for my business, and this is the reason why Movie Maker is a vital piece for my business that allows me to handle most of my video needs.

Manualidades y diseños
Design

"EDIT VIDEOS FOR FREE WITH WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER"

What do you like best?

It´s a pleasure that Windows Movie Maker is really easy to use. What I mostly love about this free software is that it allows me to drag and drop pieces of videos that I have inside it, and then it lets me edit them and join them easily. I also love the upper menu that allows me to add text, music, and even effects (such as HQ video image and Black and White "textures"), by only clicking once on the desired option. I really think that editing videos is super easy when I use Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

I´m sorry to say that there are a couple things I don´t like that much: the first thing is that some short videos (less than a couple mega bytes) can delay the software, and it´ll take you a long time to finish uploading them to Windows Movie Maker. For example, sometimes, I upload a short video to edit, and it´s ready in a few seconds. But then, I upload another shorter video to edit, but this takes years to be ready. The last thing I don´t like is that the software stops working out of the blue some times.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windows Movie Maker is an amazing software for editing videos and create new material from existing one. However, this isn´t Photoshop or something like that, so if you need more than just basic editing, this software won´t help you much. But if you´re looking for something that´s not super sophisticated, then this might be the software for you.

I create videos for customers that contact me as a freelancer, and Windows Movie Maker does most of the job for me. What I do is that I get hundreds of free royalty videos, and then I edit them and combine them in my own unique ways, and customers that need those videos for personal or business purposes, contact me and buy them.

Freelancer en programaciòn

"Editing, merging and creating new films was never so easy."

What do you like best?

This software gives me the ability to combine existing mini films, and merge them in unique and pleasant way so that I can create new engaging video material, and it´s really easy: all I have to do is open the software, then drag all of the videos I want to merge into Windows Movie Maker right box, then choose a couple of effects from the upper panel, then use the cropping tool to refine my new material, and that is all, I have a new video ready to be shared: I think that Windows Movie Maker is the easiest video editing tool you´ll ever find.

What do you dislike?

I don´t know why but, sometimes, the software hinders your project as it becomes really slowly after you use it many times in a row. I´ve had this problem with different desktop computers and laptops. But to be really fair. I´ve encountered this problem with some other software, so it might not be Movie Maker´s fault. Also, the good thing is that this doesn´t happen very often. All in all, Windows Movie Maker is a great versatile tool to edit and create videos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is the best free video – editing tool you´ll ever find, period! It has many useful features such as: merging with style and effects, special black and white effects, ability to convert your videos to a higher resolution. I´m sure that most people who edit videos will find Windows Movie Maker a very helpful tool.

Creating a new video from existing ones becomes really easy by using Windows Movie Maker. It gives me the ability to prepare, edit, and deliver videos to my audience and clients, and they really love the material I deliver. I simply thin that the best thing freelancers can do is to communicate what their service is about with an awesome and engaging video.

"moviemaker"

What do you like best?

Windows movie maker era un excelente programa de edición de vídeo, con una interfaz muy sencilla de usar, que permitía agregar efectos de transición, montar diferentes archivos de video,. agregar música, etc.

Un editor gratuito incluido con su copia de Windows y muy completo y funcional.

What do you dislike?

No entiendo porque Microsoft ha dejado de incluir este programa en sus últimas versiones y ya no es posible su descarga.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windows Movie Maker era muy sencillo de utilizar. Desgraciadamente ya no esta disponible de forma oficial, con lo que no puedo aconsejar su aprendizaje, pero sí su utilización a manera personal para realizar de forma sencilla montajes atractivos.

Hemos realizado montajes de fotos en las ceremonias de clausura de curso, en fiestas de navidad. Los estudiantes lo aprendían en clase para realizar ediciones audiovisuales.

El problema es que ya no esta disponible su descarga y ha caído en desuso, con lo cual ha sido eliminado del temario de contenidos a aprender, con todo nuestro pesar.

Photographer
Photography

"Great for making slideshows"

What do you like best?

I like that it is free and comes with windows 10, and I love that I can make free slideshows for my photography business pretty easily. I can add my own music, and customize the transitions. It's pretty easy to figure out, also!

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's hard to customize the title the way you want it, especially if you want to add multiple lines of texts. I have to use photoshop to make my title page instead, but it would be so much faster if I could make it in the program. I also don't like that there isn't music already loaded in, you have to go online to find your own music. I would like a small list of pre-loaded songs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great free option if you need to make a slideshow or edit a video quickly and easily. Keep in mind that you will need to provide your own music, so don't expect pre-loaded options because there isnt. But they do give you a few website options to go and find music, so that's nice.

When I need to make a slideshow of my photos for either a customer or just for me to post online, I love to use windows movie maker. It's easy to use, and it looks great and professional. There are lots of transitions to choose from so it looks really awesome. I can add my own music if I want, as well.

Profesora de Música en Instituto Anglo Americano
Primary/Secondary Education

"Movie Maker will help you to edit your videos in a professional way."

What do you like best?

The fact that I can make any video or animation look professional in a matter of minutes is the best quality of Windows Movie Maker: its drag and drop tool enables me to drag the portions of video and image that I want to use. Moreover, Movie Maker´s crop tool allows me to cut any unwanted scene of my videos. Another exciting feature is its merging tool, as you can create a film quality intro by merging a high-quality title image with the beginning of your video. This way, your videos will always look professional.

What do you dislike?

There´s a slight issue with my Windows Movie Maker. Every time that I place an image at the end of the video, and merge it with the end of a video, the image breaks in half at the end. This happens all the time, with all the versions I´ve tried. But if you avoid merging an image with a video at the end of your scene, then you won´t have to worry about this issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The best advice I can gie you is that you need to solve the issue that appears when you merge images with videos. Let me be clearer with this: if you use the merging effect (for intros and outros) and you use this option when you marge the last part of the video with a new image placed at the end of the same video, the moment when the video is blurring and the image appears, you can see half of the image on the top of the screen, and half of the video on the bottom of the screen. This only happens when you use this option at the end of your work,

I solve two business problems with Windows Movie Maker: I increase my productivity and save time. I can create videos in a few minutes, due to Movie Maker´s tools, which are really easy to use. This allows me to produce more videos, in a shorter amount of time.

CEO
Education Management

"Simple and free video editing!"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to use, doesn't have too many features. It is okay for small tasks but don't expect too much from it.

What do you dislike?

First of all, it keeps crashing. I really need to pay attention of saving my projects in each stage, otherwise if it is crashed my project is lost. Furthermore, it doesn't have too many features, doesn't support many formats and importing can be tricky somethimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is free and simple. Perfect for small tasks but for actual professional video editing choose another program.

I wanted to create a short video of all the group photos from my different courses as another marketing advert I can upload to Facebook and to the website. I managed to put photos and with effects combine them as a video, it does look okay. So for this small task it worked, but for actual video editing I would use a more professional program.

Owner
Music

"Edita Videos gratis con Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

Windows Movie Maker es realmente fácil de usar. Lo que más me gusta de este software gratuito es que me permite arrastrar y soltar los videos que tengo dentro, y luego me permite editarlos y unirlos fácilmente. También me encanta el menú superior que me permite agregar texto, música e incluso efectos (como la imagen de video HQ y las "texturas" en blanco y negro), solo haciendo clic una vez en la opción deseada. Realmente creo que editar videos es muy fácil cuando uso Windows Movie Maker.

What do you dislike?

Hay un par de cosas que no me gustan tanto: lo primero es que algunos videos cortos (menos de un par de mega bytes) pueden retrasar el software, y te llevará mucho tiempo. para terminar de subirlos a Windows Movie Maker. Por ejemplo, a veces, cargo un video corto para editar, y está listo en unos segundos. Pero luego, cargo otro video más corto para editar, pero esto lleva mucho tiempo para estar listo. Lo último que no me gusta es que el software deja de funcionar algunas veces.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Windows Movie Maker es un software increíble para editar videos y crear material nuevo a partir del existente. Sin embargo, esto no es Photoshop o algo así, así que si necesita algo más que una edición básica, este software no le ayudará mucho. Pero si estás buscando algo que no sea súper sofisticado, entonces este podría ser el software para ti.

Creo videos para clientes que me contactan como profesional independiente, y Windows Movie Maker hace la mayor parte del trabajo por mí. Lo que hago es que recibo cientos de videos de derechos gratuitos, y luego los edito y los combino de maneras únicas, y los clientes que los necesitan para fines personales o comerciales, me contactan y los compran.

"Not bad for basic video editing"

What do you like best?

I like how simple Windows Movie Maker is to use. It don't come with pre-installed with Windows 10, but I was able to quickly download and install it. The controls are pretty straightforward and remind me of the controls on other Windows software, like Microsoft Word and Excel. I like being able to add basic effects and transitions without needing to set a ton of parameters.

What do you dislike?

The software overall seems pretty dated and doesn't allow for very advance video editing. Though the controls are easy to use, I feel like there are too many features intended for novices that just want to make quick one-click type video edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking to have more control over your videos, you should check out video editors from DaVinci or Adobe.

I'm able to quickly cut and piece video clips together for use online, mainly for social media. When we want to promote something on social media, posting a video usually helps to attract more viewers and conversions.

UB

"Gratifying way of making videos"

What do you like best?

Among the basic video programmers, Movie Maker has a fairly large field because it is one of the easiest to obtain and use. One of its main advantages is that if you have Microsoft XP software on your computer, the Movie Maker service is integrated and makes it much easier to obtain it, therefore, you do not need to buy the license to use it. As I have already mentioned, the most valuable benefit of this program is that you can edit and create simple videos, without being an expert in the chair, thus giving you a large number of possibilities and tools with which you can create excellent jobs that match your demands and needs, or those of the people you work with. Another important aspect is that this platform allows us to convert the original format of the video, and also, try to save as much space as possible so that it is not so heavy when it is saved, downloaded or even exported. That is why, this platform also gives you the option to split the edition of the videos so that it is more fluid, and the support of the platform provides more speed and does not present so many problems.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned before, one of the advantages of the platform over the fractioning of the files to edit is precisely because it is linked to its main disadvantage, and that is that Movie Maker support does not support very heavy files, or large files , because the platform loses fluency and quality, which is essential when editing. Another aspect, important is that it has many limitations of format, in addition to working with designs that are not as templates in the programmer, limited in turn to work with only a few other programs, and increasing the incompatibility of the program with other platforms. edition or reproduction of files.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would like Movie Maker to allow more freedom when designing, to add more typographies and to definitely improve the platform's support so that it can process and edit larger files without losing its fluidity.

One of the most beneficial factors of Movie Maker in the workplace is the possibility of making video presentations in record time, easy and with predesigned styles that make my work much easier and save me time. It helps my clients to better understand their completed projects and to process in a lighter and more dynamic way terms and modules that they do not handle.

Community Manager

"Creador de Vídeos 100% confiable"

What do you like best?

La facilidad de uso para la edición de vídeos. Estabilización. Elección de transiciones Vista previa automática de los efectos. Voiceovers y otras funciones de audio. Buenas opciones para compartir.

What do you dislike?

Sin contraste o ajustes de saturación. Los efectos no son ajustables. No hay suficiente control de efectos! Básicamente NO hay efectos de vídeo reales en este programa

Recommendations to others considering the product:

El software de edición de vídeo incluido de Windows tiene que ver con la simplicidad: realmente no hay una manera más simple de combinar tus clips en películas digitales con títulos, transiciones, música de fondo y efectos.

Realizar diapositivas de eventos, vídeos de entrevistas con pistas de música, presentaciones de diapositivas con transiciones, para mostrar diseños de proyectos.

Teacher
Education Management
(10,001+ employees)

"Very efficient and simple to use."

What do you like best?

I like how easy this software is and the quality of the videos created by it. Adding music and effects to videos is overall easy to implement. You can also add text to videos which can help clarify what the viewer is seeing.

What do you dislike?

There are not an excessive amount of features associated with this software. What I mean when I say this is that it is very simple. If you are looking for a more sophisticated type of software to use, or if your movie making demands are intricate, this is not the software for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely trial and error is the way to get better at using this platform. It can actually be quite fun to use.

When using this software, I was able to create videos that helped me teach and motivate students. I was also able to make videos that clarified concepts that we were working on in the classroom. I was able to teach students how to use the software which they did wonderfully. It brought joy to the classroom and the kids were doing something that they clearly enjoyed.

Web Content Manager

"Windows Movie Maker - MIA and That's Too Bad!"

What do you like best?

For me Windows Movie Maker was a nice little application that I could use for some quick media file creation. I've created a number of great photo slideshows set to music for personal projects for family and friends. For some simple video edit projects, the ability to get in and out quick with an acceptable final file was very handy.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's no longer available for people to use. Sadly the 8 recommendation above is useless because you can no longer get the software for installation on the latest versions of Windows.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider something else, it's no longer available for download. I would recommend some of the online video editing tools instead.

With the popularity of video content today, you'd think Microsoft would make a simple video editing tool even more prolific and available than they even had with Windows Movie Maker. Many times small business and particularly individuals, don't have the funds available for the more involved editing programs, or the time to learn those with huge learning curves to create even the simplest results.

(Myself Only)

"Easy and Preferred"

What do you like best?

What I like best abut Windows Movie Maker is that it is so simple to use! It's been the standard movie editing program for me for a while now, for basic movie editing needs. There is no need for countless controls and buttons. The interface is so simple and easy to use. Easily import footage such as photos and videos, and easily edit/cut and combine them all together. Even very easy to add pre-made transitions without having to manually animate them.

What do you dislike?

If I had to choose something I dislike about Windows Movie Maker, it would have to be the limit it has in output files. Unlike Avid Media Composer or Adobe Premiere, it seems as though Windows Movie Maker is more limited in the type of files you can export. Also, there isn't much more advanced filters and effects you can customize from. If you're looking to customize your own effects, then maybe Windows Movie Maker isn't right for your project.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a quick and easy way to create and edit videos, I recommend Windows Movie Maker. If you need something quick and easy, this would help you save time. It's very intuitive and no need to learn or buy a new software. If you have a PC, most likely this would already be pre-installed in your computer. So not only does it save you time, but it also saves you money.

With Windows Movie Maker, I can easily create simple videos and presentations. No need to buy or download software. It is already pre-installed in my PC. And since it is so easy to use, it saves me time which is crucial in a business and helps move along the pipeline. Not only do you save time with its simplicity, but you also save money.

Sr. IT Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Windows Movie Maker used to create training videos"

What do you like best?

Simplicity, ease-of-use and essentially zero-cost are the features I most enjoy. As most of the computers in the company run Windows, it makes sharing much easier than having to make different videos to suit different platforms, This saves me time as well as I only have to create one video.

What do you dislike?

As a free tool, there are many options professional editors may feel are missing or incomplete. While I did not feel as if I was missing anything, some advanced menu creation tools were not there. Additionally, the software does not include many codecs to improve compatibility out of the box.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If the issue is cost, this software will satisfy that issue as there is no cost. Granted, one may need to install it and for those not tech savvy, installing Windows Essentials 2012 may be confusing. Also, if there is a need for the software, it is best to get it now as the EOL is Q1-2017.

The main problem we have in regards to training is knowledge transfer and simplifying training of processes when on-boarding new staff. We do have some videos created from other platforms but no way to share. As we are primarily a Windows shop, using Movie Maker allowed me to create training videos using Microsoft approved codecs and made it much easier to share videos with other team members. The main benefit of course is they can now get some training from the videos we've created and cost savings by not having them go to another facility or rely on other training tools.

Freelance Graphic Designer
Real Estate

"Windows Moviemaker Review"

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of Windows Moviemaker. I like that the application can be used by a beginner in video editing. This application is perfect for splicing together slideshows and putting together home movies. It's pretty cool that you can also easily share your video. Furthermore, Moviemaker is versatile in that it allows the importation and exportation of a wide variety of file types.

What do you dislike?

Even though Windows Movie Maker has a wide variety of special effects, some of them look a little tacky when implemented. Especially if you use a lot of them within a short span of one video. Also, a great feature of Windows Movie Maker is that you can add subtitles to your video. The problem is that this can become a little tedious when you have to manually put them in.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend practicing with this application so that you get better at it.

I use Windows Movie Maker when I need to splice together a video on the fly and I only have a PC to work with. I also use this when I want to add subtitles to a video that is without them. Furthermore, this is a great application for separating audio from video so that you can add your own track or if the audio is off, adjust it.

Research Engineer (Strategic Research Department)
Medical Devices

"Best and easy software to make short movies "

What do you like best?

Easy to use

Awesome user interface.

Easy to add music, videos etc with drag and drop.

Lots of cool features like edit videos, trim videos and music, effects .

What do you dislike?

The output video formats for the video file are not many.

It cannot find the file source if you rename the folder.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is the best video editor for beginners

I use it to make and edit short videos for products and prototypes.

I use almost all the features it has to offer. And it has been a really good product.

Chey

"Movie maker "

What do you like best?

What I like best about movie maker is how easy it is to use for all the things it offers. I am able to edit so many different types of videos, thousands of different ways and always get the job done on time.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes movie maker tends to crash unexpectedly but this can be avoided by saving you’re work every so often.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Play around with all the effects and you’ll learn all the cool things you can do.

I am able to get my companies name out there in short Instagram ads, Facebook ads and interactive ads by using this application.

Editor, Proofreader
Non-Profit Organization Management

"Easy for Simple Projects"

What do you like best?

Its very intuitive and pretty easy to use for someone that doesnt edit videos for a living and just wants to use it every once in a while to put together a simple slideshow or video.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features. I wish I could have multiple audio files playing on top of each other. This means I can't have background music and a voice over in the same file. Instead. I have to save the file with the audio and then re-save it again with the added voice over clip.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great free product. I wish the videos could look a little more professional at times. That is my only critique.

Video is so important for digital communications these days. Video drives the most clicks and views. Now, it doesnt have to be so expensive to hire an expert to make videos for our organization. I can take a little time to do it myself.

SAP BI Specialist
Civil Engineering
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Movie Maker - a great tool for a quick and easy video"

What do you like best?

User friendly and intuitive. Stable. Time saving - it does not take long time to edit the video. Great software for those who would like to make a quick and easy video. It does not cost anything if the user's OS is Windows. Brilliant title of the software.

What do you dislike?

Exporting options - only a few video formats can be used when exporting. Missing a lot of video editing functionality comparing with the other video editing tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

More options when exporting. Possibility to change the Movie Maker mode from "Beginner" that includes todays Movie Maker functionality to "Expert" that will offer the video editing functionality for the experienced users. Like this this tool can be used by both beginners and experienced users. Because today the experienced users try to avoid Movie Maker. "Beginner" and "Expert" Movie Maker modes could increase the target group of the Movie Maker users.

Creating the e-Learning videos for the users to know how to use the system correctly.

Instructional Design Manager
E-Learning

"Fantastic for easy video editing"

What do you like best?

I really do like the ease of the interface and the simplicity of the actions which you can implement into video editing.

It is quite basic but if all you really need to do is trim and edit together clips then it works great.

What do you dislike?

Possibly would benefit from more audio options and video editing features. However for a free windows software it ticks all the boxes for basic video editing and publishing.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using windows and are requiring a simple video editing software, then this is a perfect choice. If you find that you need to do more, then obviously move up to a paid option but for the basics this fits the bill.

Where we need to edit videos or simply extract a small sections, it comes in very handy. Due to it being very clearly laid out and labeled, it does not require alot of training to get the hang of it.

Sr. ColdFusion Developer / Web Developer / Social Media Strategist
Newspapers

"Editing movies on the cheap"

What do you like best?

The ease of use; transitions are nice; pan and zoom is fun.

What do you dislike?

Not able to throw graphics over the videos, or do a picture-in-picture

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Look at other free options and compare the features.

I use this software a lot of cranking out videos for the Youtube channel and my friends and I started. Sure, I use other editing software too, for when I need more robust features, but WMM already does a lot of what I need a majority of the time.

AH

"Ridiculously Easy"

What do you like best?

I love movie maker. I have zero background editing videos. I can use files from my phone or my camera and upload them. I can lay over a recorded audio or song recorded with the regular voice recorder on my phone. And can add transitions just as easy as a PowerPoint. Exports into several different file types, all labeled by program. For example- YouTube channel video, face book video, emailing, etc

What do you dislike?

So far I haven’t found a lot I don’t like about the program! I wish I could edit the text a bit more (more options) but that’s about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s free and simple. Great for start up businesses. And I just downloaded some free tutorials on basic “where should a person stand, lighting, etc”

Videos sell in social media. I hate talking into a camera. So I am able to make videos without me in them (that I record myself) and then just record the audio directly over them!!

"Simple Video Editing - But Free at a Price"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use! As it's been a mainstay of Windows for a long time now, I've come to use it for the quick and easy jobs - one which need a soundtrack replaced or needs to be a few seconds shorter. It's so quick to come up and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Because it's a free tool, there are going to be limitations such as not having an extensive editing set to play with and the fact that it crashes every so often. It's not the tool designed for major video editing and I don't think it ever will be.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For easy and quick jobs, go to Windows Movie Maker. No cost and you don't need any prior knowledge. However, if you want something more extensive, this isn't it.

When we need something very quickly done, I usually go to Windows Movie Maker as it's something I've used many times before and no matter how many updates there are, the layout remains the same. It's very easy to use so I can do jobs in minutes.

Sales and Marketing Manager
Retail

"Easy use, quick graphics."

What do you like best?

It is very simple and quick to use. I can change out our video presentation monthly cause it takes no time at all.

What do you dislike?

I can be glitchy, so I can only use it on one of my three computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Although we use this for retail applications it could be used to make photo memorials, recap a team's sport season or show before and after progress of a project.

It works well to showcase products that are new or on special on our tv so customers have a moving visual to look at while waiting for a repair.

Senior Associate
Architecture & Planning

"Small Program That Can Do Big Things"

What do you like best?

I like how Movie Maker gives me the ability to rotate a movie and save it to a new orientation.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features provided by this free little Movie Maker program and will take time to try out the various functions before you can be familiarized with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Movie Maker. It is so good that I think it should really be part of the Windows OS installation instead of a separate download. You can, however, download and install from the Microsoft website: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-movie-maker-download

My boss had recording a video that needed to be rotated and this little Movie Maker program did the trick. I can also make use of the ability Movie Maker provides to join several presentations together as one.

Senior Office Staff
Events Services

"Windows Movie Maker"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, appealing to the eye. You can upload videos, music and photos as well as add text, titles and credits.

What do you dislike?

I had a hard time finding it on my new laptop. I didn't know I had to download it from the Microsoft Store. Also, with the free version, there are advertisements on the side of the screen which can be disruptive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A

We use Windows Movie Maker to create videos to stream in our viewing rooms during classes. Our videos include photos, videos, general information and background music.

"Long Time Champion"

What do you like best?

Windows movie maker is a standout and the very best with simple format, layout and timeline I prefer to use windows movie maker above them all, however I do like a older version to use.

What do you dislike?

the constant updates and upgrades completely revamping and changing its style, time and time again.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would consider finding the 6.0 version as in my opinion it is the very best version of them all.

I have released many music videos on youtube through windows movie maker giving me some mainstream attention.

Dual Immersion Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Easy to use for basic projects"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to combine pictures, music, and video. If you have never used movie making software before, this is a good place to start. Not a lot of bells and whistles and it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

I can't help but to compare it to imovie which is what i use at home. I like imovie better than movie maker because of the quantity of functions i can use. Movie maker doesn't have a lot of the effects and tools that i have become accustomed to using on imovie.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I prefer imovie but not everyone has a mac available to them. This is a great alternative and it is very easy to use.

I like that as a teacher i have been able to make simple movies for my kindergarten class to summarize our field trips, experiments, and end of the year celebration. I don't have to reach out to the media specialist to help me, as this program is quite easy to use.

Full Stack Developer

"Good for beginners"

What do you like best?

Easy to use

software is user friendly

it has good transitions

What do you dislike?

This particular software is not good for advanced video editing

it has very less plugin support

takes time to render a video

cannot put watermark

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I do recommend this product only for beginners. This is not for advanced video editing

we used Windows movie maker to create videos with photos and some video clips with added background music

Manager, Business Intelligence, Research and Analytics
Government Administration

"Simple tool for making quality home movies"

What do you like best?

Simple easy to use interface

- drag and drop - WYSIWYG style interface

- animations and transitions are simple to implement

- balancing and managing sound transitions is a breeze

- visual interface allows for easy understanding of changes

- ability to add text and other images

- easy to mix and match/blend videos

What do you dislike?

- it is not an advanced tool, so it does most of the basic editing quite well

- the interface can get a bit laggy if you are working with large video files

- not many options when mixing and transitioning sound

- lots of filters for video transitions are cheesy and tacky, but great for home movies

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used Movie Maker mostly for small projects, prototypes and home movies. It is a great and simple tool that meets 75% of most users needs. It is not advanced, so not many professional movie maker options are available (like color correction, white balancing, etc.) However, for basic video that you'll probably want to upload to you tube, this is a pretty good tool. Love the simple and easy to use interface.

E-Learning

"I use Movie Maker to create and edit recordings of professional development events our team hosts."

What do you like best?

It's pretty intuitive. It allows me to snip sections of videos that are unneeded and create an overall polished product t