TherapyNotes Reviews & Product Details

TherapyNotes Overview

What is TherapyNotes?

TherapyNotes™ is the most trusted online practice management and EHR software for behavioral health practices of all sizes. With over 60,000 users, we're considered the largest platform for mental health professionals, offering the most intuitive software and best customer support in the industry. Our streamlined scheduling, notes, billing, and a custom client portal — plus unlimited support and superior security — can help optimize how you manage your practice, letting you focus less on administrative tasks and more on your clients' needs. We offer: • Streamlined scheduling and a personal to-do list that automatically generates tasks based on past activity • Powerful form-based notes, designed specifically for behavioral health • Electronic insurance claims, ERA payment posting, and credit card processing • HIPAA compliancy, keeping your data encrypted, secured, and backed up regularly To learn more about TherapyNotes™, visit TherapyNotes.com, and receive your first month completely free.

TherapyNotes Details

TherapyNotes is an online practice management system for behavioral health, featuring an integrated system to manage your scheduling, notes, and billing.

TherapyNotes
2010
Horsham, PA
@TherapyNotes

TherapyNotes Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the TherapyNotes community
Have you used TherapyNotes before?

TherapyNotes Reviews

Showing 60 TherapyNotes reviews
Already have TherapyNotes?
Inner-Peace Counseling
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

It is easy to compose and edit a daily note as well as an evaluation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are many sections that need to be filled in prior to submitting a note. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the software a try. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The ability to record all patient interactions and to see what was done the previous session. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tech/Product Support
What do you like best?

I like that I am able to keep all of my thoughts and business in one place and it also works great as a therapy aide Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I just like that I cannot keep everything private I wish I could there's a lot of stuff I don't want anyone to be able to access Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I realize the benefit of the therapy of being able to write my notes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I absolutely love that I can schedule on going appointments and there is no end date. Now what Inhave been told from my managers is that it is also cheaper to process credit cards as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Setting up the software was a bit tedious. It took a good amount of time to enter all that was required but once it was set up it was very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this if you want faster processing of payments and insurance and if you want to make your life a little easier with scheduling! The support was fantastic too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's much easier now to process insurance, it would take sometimes weeks before using TherapyNotes... now it happens so quickly ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

LPC, LMFT
What do you like best?

It is so simple to use. It’s very straight forward. Love the layout and colors. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to alter clients of their appoints with time date and location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes my ability to do notes for clients way faster than other programs I have used in the past. Also it is super easy to schedule clients and mark out meetings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

clinical therapist
What do you like best?

There are many templates already created to help streamline notes. There is also option to modify/create own templates. EHR had the ability to check insurance eligibility and even bill the insurance. Also able to send text reminders for appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Many add on features require additional charges. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The free trial is a great way to check out the system Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has made completing notes easier and less stressful. Less no shows. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graduate student
What do you like best?

Often times when you use software in this field you get a little bit of a blow back but this program is easy to use and has benefited myself and others in a huge way. Important for scheduling and notes after sessions. Also helpful for tracking. Great for behavioral health management. Has templates that are helpful. Billing software is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Security could be improved because of the confidentiality that is needed within this field any software used in this field needs to have security, locking,, 2 pass log in and so on. Private notes has that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- One of the benefits is the usage of the after session notes

-This software helps with time and scheduling

With this software you can get an easy to use practice management and client portal

-To do list for therapists and helping relationship managment teams

- Medicare could be improved/ or any Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Jessica - We appreciate your review! We are happy to hear that you have benefited from integrating TherapyNotes into your practice! Regarding security, we do offer two factor authentication. Please contact our Success Team at 215-658-4550, or by email at Support@TherapyNotes.com, so that we may assist you in setting this up. Thank you!

Marriage and Family Therapist
What do you like best?

I like that TherapyNotes syncs the Intake and Treatment Plan info within the progress note for a streamlined use of goals, interventions, and progress made. I like the scheduling calendar and options for creating recurring appointments, cancellations, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that TherapyNotes does not have a spell check built into the system. It's easy to make grammatical and spelling errors without knowing it. I also don't like that if I have to edit something an entirely new note/plan is created (the old one doesn't go away). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits of streamlining the weekly notes of clients is used in conjunction with our billing agency, which is helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Erin - We really appreciate your review! It is great to hear that you are loving the general workflow and integration of our note templates. Regarding spell check, we do offer a built in spell check feature which can be found within the note templates. It is also possible to revise a note without creating a new note entirely. Please contact our Success Team at 215-658-4550 or by email at Support@TherapyNotes.com so that we may assist you with these features. Thank you!

Licensed Mental Health Professional
Mental Health Care
What do you like best?

I like the way the billing and insurance team can communicate seamlessly within the software about insurance and copayment. You don’t have to guess at what people owe when they just bring you their card with no backup information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside for me is I don’t like taking payments as the clinician. That may be more practice issue than software, but I would prefer to stay out of that process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are features I’ve learned about that we don’t use. Consult with TN or check their YouTube channel to learn about all they have to offer! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes documentation and scheduling so much more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Chad - Thank you so much for the great review! We are happy to hear that you are loving our billing features as well as our notes and scheduling features. We are constantly evolving and developing TherapyNotes based primarily on feedback from our users, so we appreciate your thoughts regarding patient payments. As our client portal develops, there may be more options in the future for patients to submit payments directly. Thank you!

What do you like best?

I don’t have much to compare therapy notes with, but I have had a good experience with it. It is simple to use and doesn’t have too many fancy features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a comprehensive ABA practice software. Must have separate software for other aspects of ABA service delivery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Makes scheduling and EHR easy and streamlined. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Psychotherapist
Mental Health Care
What do you like best?

Therapy Notes takes the guesswork and memory jogging out of clinical documentation. It streamlines the process and cuts doc time in half. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s not easy to make every plan of care individualized when using broad techniques, but it’s so easy, it’s hard to go through the extra 2 steps to write your own stuff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Consistency, timeliness, and quality of documentation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Tina - Thank you so much for the review! We are happy to hear that you are loving TherapyNotes!

What do you like best?

We are able to see approximately 200 counselors schedules in Therapy Noes. We use it in conjunction with Share Point and it's easy to search counselors schedules while on the phone with clients. You can even see how many new appointments the counselor has vs. follow up. There's a monthly view which enables you to see if a counselor does every other week appointments and we are able to enter billing codes and notes which can be understood by the other departments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Counselors can choose to not update their schedules which can be frustrating. We have to use a secondary search tool to figure out the counselors specialties and to narrow down the insurance the specific counselor takes. It would be great if that were all in one location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Counselors keep your schedules up to date if others are scheduling for you :D Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling counselors in real time to avoid double bookings and communicating billing notes with coworkers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

We are so happy to hear that TherapyNotes has helped to streamline your business and the management of your clinicians! We look forward to working with you and we really appreciate the review! Thank you!

What do you like best?

The easy accessibility of the platform/software. It is user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dont really dislike anything about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to charge and have clients credit cards run through the system without needing something separate. I have realized how concise and on point the software allows me to be in running a smooth office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Thanks for your review! We are so happy to hear that you are loving TherapyNotes! We work hard to provide the best service possible for our users in private practice, so that you can spend less time managing your business and more time on your clients! We look forward to working with you!

Front Desk
Mental Health Care
What do you like best?

I like the ability to carry over previous notes' content. I like the appointment reminder system. I like the ability to upload documents to the patient's chart. Great system for EMR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better web or app-based version to upload documents quickly and securely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use on mobile your priority? This is not the product for you. Comfortable using your laptop in session and taking photos on your phone's web browser app - this will work for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling and fewer missed appointments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Format, layout, documentation, ease of use, organization of notes, I enjoy using therapy notes as a whole because it is easy, organized and keeps all of my notes in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Consistent maintenance and website being down frequently, I don't really dislike any features in particular or have had any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reports are helpful in looking at percentages and sessions. I don't always get to use this from the business point of view as we don't have access to those things as clincians. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Pharmacy Technician
Pharmaceuticals
What do you like best?

I like having my therapy session and i can input all my notes from it into one location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now is wrong about this soft ware. I like the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps with organization skills. And with billing. I can keep everything in one place and it helps me. Alot with my uses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Maciel - We are very appreciative of your review! We are so happy to hear that TherapyNotes has helped to organize your workflow and documentation process. We look forward to working with you. Thank you!

What do you like best?

Great customer service and quick response time. It’s easy to use and makes record keeping a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No secondary claim assistance so this has to be done individually Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product, great customer service, I have no complaints aside from wishing they provided assistance in submitting secondary claims Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TN has made my business practice so much smoother, particularly since I practice at 3 locations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Thank you so much for your glowing review! We are so happy to hear that TherapyNotes has streamlined the management of your business! We do have plans to improve the secondary claim process in future updates! In the interim, our Success Team is a great resource for questions, suggestions, and support! Please give us a call at (215) 658-4550 or email: Support@TherapyNotes.com if you need assistance. We offer live support 73 hours a week!

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and it is nice to be able to save draft versions of documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Can be challenging to navigate client profiles, especially if they are seeing multiple clinicians in the same practice. Certain aspects of forms are rigid and making changes feels challenging. There's often site management that can make it hard to access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking and storing mental health records Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AA
What do you like best?

This is the best most fantastic review that Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that so i was like so o my god Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

There is absolutely positively Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Writing notes and treatment plans are short and simple and the intake gives you examples of what to write or what’s required. The calendar is super easy too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to do a note or an intake and it won’t have a link to it in the to do section so I can’t actually do it. I need to call IT to fix it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I do all my notes and scheduling and keeping track of the client files on therapy notes. It’s so much faster and less time consuming than my last program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear that you like our note templates and scheduling features. To access a note template for a session, you can also click on the appointment > click the Notes tab > Click 'create psychotherapy progress note'. Our Success Team is happy to assist as well, we can be reached at 215-658-4550 Monday-Friday 8AM-9PM ET. Thank you!

Licensed Clinical Social Worker
What do you like best?

I love how simple the whole program is to use and see your client files, calendar, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My only downside is how tedious it can be to enter in all your client's goals and objectives. That gets very time-consuming. Additionally, the program seemed to be down fairly frequently, which is alarming when your business runs on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

N/A Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The thing that I like the best about Therapy Notes is how easy it is to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system seems as if it needs updating frequently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has impacted my work by letting me be able to input therapy notes swiftly and easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Rachael Allen of TherapyNotes

Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you find TherapyNotes to be user friendly and intuitive to use! We do update our system each month with new features, fixes and other improvements! We really appreciate your review and we hope to earn five stars from you in the future! If you have any questions and concerns, please contact our Success Team at 215-658-4550. We offer live support 73 hours a week!

Drug And Alcohol Counselor
Mental Health Care
What do you like best?

Of the different programs that I’ve used in the past few years, this program is the best user friendly one that I’ve seen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Something I don’t like is that I’ve lost notes before I saved them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient. Once you get used to it. It’s smooth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to write notes faster and smoother is easier with this program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Substance Abuse Counselor
Fine Art
What do you like best?

More inclusive and intimate note with room for it to be exactly protective and open to the therapist or mental health professionals to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Does not look personal , as it formerly was longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take a chance to save time and liability for patients to use this great product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Liability for firm and patient. Time saving! Billing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use and all self contained. Easy to communicate what is pending, appointments missed or rescheduled. At a glance opening page with to do list and upcoming schedule. The ability to print and save past months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The ability to link to personal calendar is difficult. Doesn't work well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One stop for everything you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.