TherapyNotes

TherapyNotes is an online practice management system for behavioral health, featuring an integrated system to manage your scheduling, notes, and billing.

Work for TherapyNotes?

Learning about TherapyNotes?

TherapyNotes Reviews

Ask TherapyNotes a Question
Showing 48 TherapyNotes reviews
TherapyNotes review by jessica w.
jessica w.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

Often times when you use software in this field you get a little bit of a blow back but this program is easy to use and has benefited myself and others in a huge way. Important for scheduling and notes after sessions. Also helpful for tracking. Great for behavioral health management. Has templates that are helpful. Billing software is helpful.

What do you dislike?

Security could be improved because of the confidentiality that is needed within this field any software used in this field needs to have security, locking,, 2 pass log in and so on. Private notes has that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use.

- One of the benefits is the usage of the after session notes

-This software helps with time and scheduling

With this software you can get an easy to use practice management and client portal

-To do list for therapists and helping relationship managment teams

- Medicare could be improved/ or any

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about TherapyNotes
TherapyNotes review by Erin L.
Erin L.

"TherapyNotes is relatively easy to use and offers drop down interventions, etc."

What do you like best?

I like that TherapyNotes syncs the Intake and Treatment Plan info within the progress note for a streamlined use of goals, interventions, and progress made. I like the scheduling calendar and options for creating recurring appointments, cancellations, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that TherapyNotes does not have a spell check built into the system. It's easy to make grammatical and spelling errors without knowing it. I also don't like that if I have to edit something an entirely new note/plan is created (the old one doesn't go away).

The benefits of streamlining the weekly notes of clients is used in conjunction with our billing agency, which is helpful.

What Mental Health solution do you use?

TherapyNotes review by Chad S.
Chad S.

"Great software!!!"

What do you like best?

I like the way the billing and insurance team can communicate seamlessly within the software about insurance and copayment. You don’t have to guess at what people owe when they just bring you their card with no backup information.

What do you dislike?

The only downside for me is I don’t like taking payments as the clinician. That may be more practice issue than software, but I would prefer to stay out of that process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are features I’ve learned about that we don’t use. Consult with TN or check their YouTube channel to learn about all they have to offer!

It makes documentation and scheduling so much more efficient.

TherapyNotes review by Mary Ashley A.
Mary Ashley A.

"Could be better for bridging tx plans for couples/families, great for individuals"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to carry over previous notes' content. I like the appointment reminder system. I like the ability to upload documents to the patient's chart. Great system for EMR.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better web or app-based version to upload documents quickly and securely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ease of use on mobile your priority? This is not the product for you. Comfortable using your laptop in session and taking photos on your phone's web browser app - this will work for you.

Scheduling and fewer missed appointments.

User in Mental Health Care

"Easy to use once you get the hang of it"

What do you like best?

I like that I can open multiple pages at a time to reference past sessions. I like that you can use the history button to pull up the clients medication lists and past information.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that their is only one timestamp associated with the note. If I have to make a minor correction requested by my supervisor then the timestamp sets to when I send it in the most recent time instead of listing both times. My supervisor is able to see my history on a document but it does not show up for me. I also dislike that we are unable to customize the way billing is printed out so we can directly send to the state for reimbursement. Instead we need to take the billing and put into the state's format.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a free trial which will be able to accurately let you see how you like it.

Online charts are amazing because I can access while I'm court testifying or in school meetings (I do mobile outpatient work). I love that I can audio record through my Bluetooth as well.

TherapyNotes review by Josephine P.
Josephine P.

"Simple to Use When It Works"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Excellent to do list system. Makes sure I stay on top of notes for electronic claims submission. Automatically prompts to update after information is a year old or client turns eighteen. Also I love being able to set up automated text reminders.

What do you dislike?

It has completely crashed and kicked the whole company off for anywhere from minutes to a week. Also occasionally kicks me out while writing progress notes.

Would also prefer some internal messaging system without having to decline a note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple to use and great for high volume

Allows fast and simple submission of claims and prompt payment.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator

"Good at Some Things - Not So Good at Others"

What do you like best?

Therapynotes offers telephone support, which helps when guidance is needed in real time. The software is feature rich, and provides a one stop shop for practice management.

What do you dislike?

Client portal has taken several years to come to life. So far, it is very limited and does not add to what they offer. They keep promising improvements, but they are slow coming. Software does not offer a way to track authorizations by expiration date or total number of sessions. There is a work-a-round, but it is quite cumbersome and inefficient.

I wish there was an app so that it is easier to access information on a mobile device. They will say that you can access in your browser, but the text is then too small and navigation is difficult.

Therapynotes does not offer customizable online intake or notes templates.

Therapy notes does not have a way to integrate the client portal with my practice website. This would allow for clients to schedule an appointment without having to leave my website.

Overall, although this software package offers a lot of features, there is still much room for improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and select the best EHR for you. There are many options out there. Many of them say they will help you move over to them if you are using another service, but truth is, moving is quite a daunting task. Test them out and see what fits with your practice.

I use this for practice management, notes, billing, etc. I would use it for more, but it does not offer customization.

TherapyNotes review by User

"Super helpful in understanding the availability of counselors"

What do you like best?

We are able to see approximately 200 counselors schedules in Therapy Noes. We use it in conjunction with Share Point and it's easy to search counselors schedules while on the phone with clients. You can even see how many new appointments the counselor has vs. follow up. There's a monthly view which enables you to see if a counselor does every other week appointments and we are able to enter billing codes and notes which can be understood by the other departments.

What do you dislike?

Counselors can choose to not update their schedules which can be frustrating. We have to use a secondary search tool to figure out the counselors specialties and to narrow down the insurance the specific counselor takes. It would be great if that were all in one location.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Counselors keep your schedules up to date if others are scheduling for you :D

Scheduling counselors in real time to avoid double bookings and communicating billing notes with coworkers.

TherapyNotes review by Tina G.
Tina G.

"Easy and intuitive"

What do you like best?

Therapy Notes takes the guesswork and memory jogging out of clinical documentation. It streamlines the process and cuts doc time in half.

What do you dislike?

It’s not easy to make every plan of care individualized when using broad techniques, but it’s so easy, it’s hard to go through the extra 2 steps to write your own stuff.

Consistency, timeliness, and quality of documentation

TherapyNotes review by User

"Therapy Notes user for 4+ years"

What do you like best?

Format, layout, documentation, ease of use, organization of notes, I enjoy using therapy notes as a whole because it is easy, organized and keeps all of my notes in one place.

What do you dislike?

Consistent maintenance and website being down frequently, I don't really dislike any features in particular or have had any issues.

Reports are helpful in looking at percentages and sessions. I don't always get to use this from the business point of view as we don't have access to those things as clincians.

TherapyNotes review by User in Individual & Family Services
User in Individual & Family Services

"Easiest use of DAP notes"

What do you like best?

I like how there are progress and DAP notes that are ready made and I need to just fill in the appropriate information. It makes writing notes easier and much faster and allows me to move on to the next client.

What do you dislike?

For the calendar setting, I would like it if I was able to see notes for each appointment. I’m not sure if that option was there. When taking appointments, if there was anything that I would like to add, I want to be able to see that on the calendar

Streamlining the therapy sessions and being able to take notes quickly. There is not a lot of time between clients, and having ready made templates make that transition smoother.

TherapyNotes review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Therapy Notes Use as a Therapist"

What do you like best?

It is user friendly and it is nice to be able to save draft versions of documents.

What do you dislike?

Can be challenging to navigate client profiles, especially if they are seeing multiple clinicians in the same practice. Certain aspects of forms are rigid and making changes feels challenging. There's often site management that can make it hard to access.

Tracking and storing mental health records

TherapyNotes review by User

"Good for use on the go"

What do you like best?

I like that I can remote in on my own computer while still remaining complaint with confidentiality and security. Additionally, I like the ease of the sections for notes and the support it gives to develop a mini mental status for each session as well as treatment planning.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the program will freeze or crash on my personal computer. I also find the loading time to often be quite slow and stalled at times so it takes longer than I'd like to write things.

Ease of reporting and keeping track of clients. Ease of billing and for insurance purposes.

TherapyNotes review by George C.
George C.

"I recommend. "

What do you like best?

Of the different programs that I’ve used in the past few years, this program is the best user friendly one that I’ve seen.

What do you dislike?

Something I don’t like is that I’ve lost notes before I saved them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. Once you get used to it. It’s smooth.

Being able to write notes faster and smoother is easier with this program.

TherapyNotes review by Kathleen C.
Kathleen C.

"Simple Set Up"

What do you like best?

I love how simple the whole program is to use and see your client files, calendar, etc.

What do you dislike?

My only downside is how tedious it can be to enter in all your client's goals and objectives. That gets very time-consuming. Additionally, the program seemed to be down fairly frequently, which is alarming when your business runs on it.

N/A

TherapyNotes review by Mettazzee Paige J.
Mettazzee Paige J.

"Formerly CAC1 "

What do you like best?

More inclusive and intimate note with room for it to be exactly protective and open to the therapist or mental health professionals to follow.

What do you dislike?

Does not look personal , as it formerly was longer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take a chance to save time and liability for patients to use this great product!

Liability for firm and patient. Time saving! Billing

"Very easy to use "

What do you like best?

Writing notes and treatment plans are short and simple and the intake gives you examples of what to write or what’s required. The calendar is super easy too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I need to do a note or an intake and it won’t have a link to it in the to do section so I can’t actually do it. I need to call IT to fix it.

I do all my notes and scheduling and keeping track of the client files on therapy notes. It’s so much faster and less time consuming than my last program.

TherapyNotes review by maciel u.
maciel u.

"Get at taking notes"

What do you like best?

I like having my therapy session and i can input all my notes from it into one location.

What do you dislike?

Nothing as of now is wrong about this soft ware. I like the features.

It helps with organization skills. And with billing. I can keep everything in one place and it helps me. Alot with my uses

User in Mental Health Care

"All in one scheduling, treatment planning and notes "

What do you like best?

Easy to use and all self contained. Easy to communicate what is pending, appointments missed or rescheduled. At a glance opening page with to do list and upcoming schedule. The ability to print and save past months.

What do you dislike?

The ability to link to personal calendar is difficult. Doesn't work well.

One stop for everything you need.

"Effective, a few cons "

What do you like best?

I love the to do list! I love the sync to my iPhone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the scheduling options. I dislike that there is no feature to hide clients names or abbreviate.

The scheduling options are not user friendly for those of us that have fluctuating schedules from week to week. It’s a lot of work to enter my schedule from week to week without a feature to enter a start and end date of availability. For example, kids get out of school in June so my hours will be daytime. However, now they are nights - there’s no easy way to make the change. Scheduling

TherapyNotes review by Deanna O.
Deanna O.

"Therapy Notes- great program but room for impr"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, user friendly, quick and easy on the billera,

What do you dislike?

Secondary billing has to be done via paper claims or through office ally or another clearinghouse. If the clinician puts in the wrong for code you can't change it

Billing claims, entering new patient/s, scheduling, there Facebook page has an abundance of information and continuing education courses. Those are all benefits

TherapyNotes review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"TherapyNotes"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to carry over previous notes' content and I also love that I can open multiple pages at a time which really helps when I have to reference past sessions. It's nice that you can use the history button to pull up the clients' medication lists and past information.

What do you dislike?

It will occasionally crash and that is definitely tough to deal with but it happens VERY rarely and I have never lost information after this happens.

Submission of payment and billing.

TherapyNotes review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Great program to use!"

What do you like best?

I use this for one of my Clients, she's a psychologist. It's easy to use, fast to navigate through. I never have any issues.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with the product and plan on staying with it

Keeps all information organized and in one place. Less paperwork

User in Mental Health Care

"Good system for light needs"

What do you like best?

Tech support was very good and timely. Their note section allowed for fairly adequate notations. This system provided an intake, discharge note, and treatment plan, along with 2 forms of progress notes. It also had contact notes, which I used alot.

What do you dislike?

This appears to be a system designed for a light private practice. There was no ability to modify note structure.

This product appears to be designed for a light practitioner who only needs to write notes and treatment plans.

TherapyNotes review by Carly S.
Carly S.

"Everything I need"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the text reminder updates that are available to clients. It also is great for condensing all information needed in one place.

What do you dislike?

The "to do" is a little frustration of a feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth it!

It is solving my concerns about billing, and staying organized. I am able to have all my clients in one place.

TherapyNotes review by Macy D.
Macy D.

"I use it every day for client socumentation"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to navigate, and straight forward

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to interact with the insurance companies

It provides documentation for clients I see. This is important so that I can send claims to insurance companies

TherapyNotes review by User

"Therapynotes makes my life 10x easier "

What do you like best?

Ability to do work at home on secured internet. Easy user friendly site, ability to one click and have answers automatically filled in if they are staying the same.

What do you dislike?

Calendar view is confusing sometimes and I would like to be able to see my coworkers schedules as well.

I am solving the issue of not having to hand write session notes and take excessive time. Benefits are it goes quickly and smoothly.

TherapyNotes review by Tracy C.
Tracy C.

"I use Therapy Notes to document hourly counseling sessions with clients."

What do you like best?

Therapy Notes provides a user-friendly platform to document sessions along with free CEU's and training pertinent to my field.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike as of yet. It provides everything that I need to document cases.

Confidential and concise documentation of counseling sessions.

TherapyNotes review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great tool"

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of being able to sync my phone and especially how you can set the sechedules for client and only have they’re initials instead of full name allowing for more privacy and neatness.

What do you dislike?

I’m not a big fan of the “to-do” list it features.

I’m able to stay organized and I absolutely love that. And it also let me store a lot of information in one place it’s very convenient.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

"Very simple and efficient software"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly, and contacting Support is a pleasant and quick experience.

What do you dislike?

Would love a way to text clients through Therapy Notes.

Uploading insurance cards into Therapy Notes streamlines the billing process, and the ERA's are very quick to process.

TherapyNotes review by Anne N.
Anne N.

"Conciseness "

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is too look at your information.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I can choose at this time

It helps keep all of your information in one place

TherapyNotes review by LaTasha W.
LaTasha W.

"Easy"

What do you like best?

Keeps track of important data. User friendly software

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about it. I have zero complaints.

Organized Electronic Health Records. Benefits I've realized are how organized it can be.

TherapyNotes review by Denise D.
Denise D.

"Great software for mental healtj"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and self-explanatory just very good program to fit any mental health professionals

What do you dislike?

There was not anything I did not like about therapy notes

Makes paperwork manageable

TherapyNotes review by Administrator in Hospital & Health Care
Administrator in Hospital & Health Care

"Fun easy product for Home Health"

What do you like best?

I like that all the notes are digital. Makes it much easier than having to deal with paper notes. Everything is stored neatly. No paper mess. Everything is sorted. Very organized.

What do you dislike?

One thing I did not like was that it crashed for me a few times and I lost quite a bit of documents.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fix the bug issue

Everything is digital. No more keeping hundreds of paper notes. Less clutter.

User in Mental Health Care

"Private practice clinician "

What do you like best?

Very affordable for $49 a month. HIPAA and confidentiality complaint. Free email reminders. Keeps me in compliance. Professional notes and treatment plans if ever audited or subpoenaed.

What do you dislike?

Wish there was a tablet or app based way to use product over encrypted server.

Providing hipaa appropriate EHR for mental health. I do not bill insurance so cannot speak to that.

User in Mental Health Care

"Works great for clinical not taking!"

What do you like best?

Quick and easy-great interface! Fun, interesting look.

What do you dislike?

If it included a teletherapy option on the siter that would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will have everything about your client all in one place!

Quick, efficient ways to do our clinical notes and record keeping.

TherapyNotes review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Therapy notes for the win!!!"

What do you like best?

Therapy notes is the best! Therapists jobs are easier when they use this!! The best part is it lowers the risk of losing notes!! Easy to take and convinent!!

What do you dislike?

Nothing is wrong with this company!!!!!!

Easy to take and save notes for patients make schedules and reduce stress!

TherapyNotes review by User

"Efficient and effective "

What do you like best?

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate upon signing in.

What do you dislike?

There was not anything worth listing as something I dislike about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Offer multiple accounts users in the event of multiple occupations.

I'm able to log, review, and receive supervision based on the information logged through TherapyNotes.

TherapyNotes review by Administrator

"Best app ever!!!!"

What do you like best?

My Doc’s office uses this and I worked there for a couple weeks and wow, it was great. Simple, straight-forward and no-brained to use.

What do you dislike?

There was nothing about this program I disliked. GrNted, I only used it for two weeks but it was great.

Scheduling appointments.

TherapyNotes review by Agency in Mental Health Care
Agency in Mental Health Care

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love the features for billing that is included.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to find required documents that insurance companies request.

It is a great Electronic Health Record program and allows me to submit billing with ease.

"Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

It is very user friendly and the customer service isn't fantastic!

What do you dislike?

Many times it stops working due to updates

It would nice it it had an app for the website. Therapynotes is very easy to use and pretty straightforward in how it works and fees and customer service is amazing!

"Great Therapy"

What do you like best?

People are quick to answer, gives you someone to talk to.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, they make it feel very personal.

Extra safe place to detox and talk about the intensity of our work. Almost like debriefing.

"Therapy Notes Reviewther"

What do you like best?

The variety of features offered under one app.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues with tech support in the past.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Therapy Notes is an easy to use product for providers

Organizing notes, scheduling appts with clients, payment

"Review "

What do you like best?

It’s a great reminder and gives you time to reflect

What do you dislike?

It would be great if it didn’t take so long and to input info.

Focusing and praying we can stay afloat

"User friendly site"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive. Am able to keep up with clients and record relevant data easily.

What do you dislike?

Nothing comes to mind . I’m completely satisfied with therapy notes!

Hippa compliant notes

TherapyNotes review by Consultant in Mental Health Care
Consultant in Mental Health Care

"Great software "

What do you like best?

You can costumize the software to fit your practice. I also appreciate the to do list as well. Great feature!

What do you dislike?

I wish the product did spell check as you went along.

Keeps all therapists organized

TherapyNotes review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Depression "

What do you like best?

The way you learn ways to deal with different situations

What do you dislike?

How there are not many people who don't care about depression

How to deal with different situations

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to navigate platform and simple directives for entering information

What do you dislike?

There is nothing of note that I don’t like

Able to document and organize client data

Learning about TherapyNotes?

* We monitor all TherapyNotes reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.