SolarWinds Service Desk

SolarWinds Service Desk

SolarWinds Service Desk is an IT and Employee Service Management solution that helps you redefine employee service experiences in seamless, smart, and meaningful ways.

Work for SolarWinds Service Desk?

Learning about SolarWinds Service Desk?

SolarWinds Service Desk Reviews

Ask SolarWinds Service Desk a Question
Showing 533 SolarWinds Service Desk reviews
Julio M.

"The most complete support tool in the market, without a doubt"

What do you like best?

SolarWinds is really easy to implement and with a short learning curve. It has a very complete user interface with several useful navigation options that is also customizable. I like being able to track audit history. It has a good ticket management system based on your solution in the cloud.

What do you dislike?

SolarWinds has problems with the integration with Outlook, because when I try to connect the application it throws me an error of "failed, try again", however, I try again and it does not connect. I also think that all the tools are not well distributed on the browser screen.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This tool has made it easy to manage tickets with our different areas. As you discover the service, you will realize everything you can customize and with all the tools it counts. As your company grows, you will need a tool like this to manage it.

We are using this tool to manage incidents in the servers area, which have problems with software, user controls, closed ports, Internet connection. SolarWinds gives us the ability to organize the tickets and be assigned to the personnel in charge. It also allows us to register computers with their serials and specifications to keep track of the computer inventory.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds Service Desk
Ivan O.

"A truly easy to use help desk application"

What do you like best?

When your company grows in size the problems grow to, keep them in line with SolarWinds Service Desk, a truly easy to use and implement and low learning curvature.

Keep records of the most requested issue, verify the ticket status in real time, and all the KPI used in ITIL in order to improve customer satisfaction.

What do you dislike?

This solution comes from the future, easy to use, easy to set up, easy to implement but users complain of his design and they are right. at the of opening an incident, the page looks old and the design it's congruent looks old everywhere.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a tool to keep your IT resources in good shape or if you have a large number of requests and you have no idea which issue solve first, this tool would make the IT administration easier.

ITIL Solution for Help Desk, KPI, Administration of time and resources.

What Service Desk solution do you use?

Kenneth L.

"Ticket tool made for the IT Supporter"

What do you like best?

Samanage is an easy application to use and get started with. The learning curve is nothing crazy while there's a lot of features available. There's often improvements to the application due to a good community where people can share requests etc. There's good options for creating self service forms and more and you can tweak them to a certain extend. It's easy to create a filter for the tickets in your organization and it's in general very intuitive.

What do you dislike?

The creation of the Service Catalog could have more options. You can create fields that's dependent on the users decision but it's only available once making the field dependent on one field.

The support is in general good and instant via a chat function, but for challenging questions can take time to get help with.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is very intuitive and pretty flexible but you have to decide if you can live with an application that in some ways only will be semi-flexible. The UX design prevent you to program yourself. Test the software a lot and make sure it will fit your needs.

We needed an application to support our users and track the work we do. Samanage do the job and has also helped us streamlining our working methods by using self service requests, knowledgebase etc. We can track what we have done in the past and create solutions directly from a ticket.

Tim L.

"Samanage in our IT department"

What do you like best?

We like the helpdesk and also like and use the inventory control. Samanage was easy to setup and use. It does use a third party to implement our active directory and that had a few issues that OneLogin fixed. I would rather deal with just Samanage.

What do you dislike?

We wish the user rating system was better. Currently it is only a thumbs up or thumbs down on the user satisfaction feedback. We would like a scale of say 1 to 5. Life happens and once in a while a user will just give a thumbs down.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It will make your department more efficient and have the ability to prioritize all the help desk requests.

We never had a help desk so there was a lot of calls, paging and email. As users learn to put in a ticket, our department is running more efficiently. Also our medical inventory program was not very good at inventory control and so far we like the Samanage inventory interface.

Chris P.

"Samanage has proven to be invaluable for us. Has provided exactly what we needed"

What do you like best?

I have found the Samange service / application to be very configurable for our needs. It was easy to configure to meet our needs, and access is available most anywhere.

What do you dislike?

I have not found many dislikes, Pricing could be better......but still very reasonable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend evaluating your needs and how Samanage will fit your needs. I researched many options and did not want an in house solution that required a server and maintenance.

Samanage met the needs to provide a configurable solution that minimized hardware / software to maintain that system.

The setup and implementation of the system is minimal and do not have to worry about maintaining it. There are multiple ways to create tickets that are easy for users.

It also provided users the ability to check, and receive updates as to the status of their issue.

All IT management and Help Desk, I have recently added staffing to the IT Department and have grown from 1 to 3, Samanage still provides what we need, with minimal effort to adjust for growth of our organization.

David J.

"Samanage has been a game changer for saving time, organizing support requests, etc."

What do you like best?

We have 200 employees and a support team of only 4 including management. Samanage has been a game changer for saving time, organizing support requests, and improving workflow for our IT Support services. The implementation was easy, including integration to SSO services with OneLogin.

What do you dislike?

Priorities are not customizable and the reporting is not true reporting. It's simply a list of existing tickets with filtering capabilities. Don't get me wrong, the filtering is very deep, but it's not a report. Reports have bar charts, pie charts, columns I can add remove, and KPIs that I report on. For now, I'm stuck with taking info out of Samanage manually and putting into my weekly/monthly reports. Pricing is somewhat competitive but would always like a better deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend time with the Samanage implementation team and ask a ton of questions. They seemed very happy to answer all of our questions and if they didn't have the answer, they tried to find it through other sources.

If you're a small support staff, don't use categories and sub-categories that your users are required to fill out. Nobody likes them and they're usually wrong anyway. Make your support team identify what the category was. Otherwise, with a larger staff and more users, categories are likely necessary for routing tickets.

It's easy to use. Integration to SSO with OneLogin is seamless. Interface is nice and clean. Have never had an outage or performance issues. Computer & software asset management is easy to use and has a lot of great info we use on a monthly basis.

Roberto S.

"Excellent way to take care of end users and keep track of their issues"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use for our end users and for our help desk agents, everybody can keep track of their issues sent and the issues pending to be resolved, it helps us to see opportunity areas and improves the communication between our support team and our user base, the inventory part is great since it lets us to know where our mobile computers are, who is working with them, and as well for them as for the desktop computers lets us to know if they requiere a warranty renewal and its specs without having to go on site or running a third party tool, in regards the configuration part it requires to improve the quantity of options to make ir easier but it is fine, you just need to take you time and in a few hours you will have Samanage working to provide support with no problems, we use it thru the email and it let us to communicate in a fast way avoiding to waste time and keepin better track of what we are doing.

What do you dislike?

For the administrator it might be a lot of options to be configured

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will need some time to get it working as it should

We provide tech support for more than 1000 users company wide between more than 50 locations, we need to keep track of their issues, one of its most valuable features is the Inventory part.

Allan E.

"Samanage was the right choice"

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I like about Samanage. To start with the entire team that worked with me on purchasing, setup/configuration, success management were all really great and were easy to work with. They are very responsive to any question I had...usually had a response back within an hour.

As for the Samanage Cloud Portal it offered more than we had with Spiceworks. I am now able to combine my inventory database, procurement records and help desk all into one package. The fact that it is cloud based allows me to access it from anywhere instead of having to make sure I am at specific computers to access specific software pieces that made up our old system.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it allowed the positioning of fields and offered the capability to do depreciation within the Asset portion of the inventory.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer a 30 day trial and I would recommend anyone thinking about switching to give it a try. Configuration doesn't take that long to complete and have up and running.

We are able to combine Inventory, help desk and procurement into one application. Our existing on-prem helpdesk started having issues with AD integration and started not allowing users to sign in. Because it was freeware there was really no support except for that of other users.

The benefits are within one portal we know have access to all three systems from anywhere so if my main computer was to go down I can easily access this from my phone, ipad or another computer.

Christopher F.

"Simplicity and modification options like you want it. "

What do you like best?

Samanage is a good semi flexible service desk and ticket tool that accommodate most of your needs and have a nice live support together with a nice community where you easily can suggest improvements. Good for mid-sized companies, where you want to be able to keep track on things and maybe create a service catalog for requests or include a knowledge base.

What do you dislike?

Self service requests is not as flexible as you could wish. You can only make choices dependable once and you will need to write all the text from dependable choice in the line of text. It would also be nice to be able to choose more than one department or country when defining who should be able to create the service request. So even though a lot of features are flexible, you'll still find that Samanage are lacking in some areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Think about into what extend you need a fully developed piece of software as Samanage is in constant development. The tool itself is quite flexible but as you find it flexible in some areas you will find it as locked in other areas.

We have managed to get an overview over IT Issues with more as we also have integrated the self service system very well and actively will be working on our knowledge database.

Eric C.

"Great tool with friendly support"

What do you like best?

Samanage is easy to implement, is fast and has a nice, clean UI. We mainly use it for incident management but are also starting to use it for change management, risk management, compliance and inventory. Users are able to easily submit tickets. Help desk agents are able to efficiently resolve incidents. The service catalog feature is nice. It ensures that the user submits required (and structured) details, and the help desk team can see pre-defined steps for resolution. When issues are resolved we have the option of creating a documented solution. Overall this is a nice system that was quickly adopted by every department in the company.

What do you dislike?

Have been patiently waiting for a few features that would really make our day to day run smoother. None of these are deal-breakers. Just a wish list we compiled over time but have not been added:

- Browser-type notifications (vs 1,000 email notifications per day)

- The ability to @mention someone in a ticket

- Users often have trouble including screen shots or attachments when submitting tickets. More often than we'd like, we (the IT support staff) have to reply back to the user and tell them their attachment or screen shot did not come through.

- Built-in reporting could use some work.

- When viewing an incident and you want to assign it to yourself, you have to leave the page, go back to the list of incidents, find that same incident and assign it to yourself (or someone else) from here. It would be faster/easier/more intuitive if you could just do this while reading the incident. That's usually when you decide who should handle it.

- When you resolve a ticket and enter a resolution, the info you entered is hidden. You have to change the status of the ticket back to 'open' to read what the previous agent wrote.

- Sometimes users get ticket-happy and open support tickets for everything. So the help desk responds back and offers to help but now all of a sudden that user is too busy. So the ticket sits open and the agent has to keep manually following up. Would be nice if we could assign a timer to a ticket. If xx days go by while waiting on a response from the user, send an automated reminder email. If xx more days go by, send a second reminder. And after xx more days, auto-close the ticket. (Something along those lines)

Samanage recently (Nov 2018) received some nice Series D funding, so I think we can expect some ramping up of features and improvements. Again, nothing listed here is a deal-breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely take advantage of the evaluation, and dedicate time to get it up and running. This is a complex and powerful app but easy to set up.

We mainly use Samanage for internal help-desk ticketing / incident management. A company our size (about 100 employees and 3 IT staff) needed a way to get a handle on support requests. We evaluated some other products but decided on Samanage because of its easy of use and functionality. Since implementing Samanage, our support team is a lot more efficient when it comes to tackling help-desk tickets, which means issues get resolved quicker and that means less down-time and lost productivity. We have also recently started using Samanage for Change Management and Risk Management.

Thomas O.

"Great feature set, the best support, all for a very low cost. "

What do you like best?

Their support is the best. The tool has a ton of ability and is far less expensive than their competitors. Unless you have ServiceNow money, this is the way to go for sure.

What do you dislike?

I would like the service catalog to be improved, as well as an additional category level for tickets. (A, SA, SSA, currently only 2 levels A, SA). Also the ability to add and remove licenses from agent seats on demand via the control panel. My only other one is spitting tickets between, Issue, and requests via a ticket type. With the exception of the Service Catalog, the rest are small things that I am confident they will address.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great features, the best support, and great price. Nothing near this price range comes even close.

We use this tool for everything including and not limited to: Service Desk (Helpdesk), Financial, Internal customer support, external customer support etc. With their aligned focus on automation, we'll be able to save hundreds of man-hours a week with automated tasks and software deployments.

Amanda M. K.

"Fantastic Support with quick resolution"

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to get to my success agent fairly easily, and that he was super knowledgeable and patient, even though I had a hard time explaining what I needed. Not only that, but the 2 questions that I've been mulling over for the past month (intermittently) were answered in 17 minutes. Britt made it super simple!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the interaction was so quick, the only thing i missed was some of the articles mentioned.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep in mind: I'm only a Tech I and I'm able to run this system. If you are looking for a project that can be easily managed and have a major impact without needing too much supervision, this is a great one to get on. Honestly, the build out is super easy, the support and education is unparalleled, and the community of other users is super welcoming and easy to talk to.

We're moving away from Sharepoint 2010 and forms with Macros in them. Samanage is a great solution for document support on the forms that need to be submitted to the support departments we have anyway. Instead of downloading the form, attaching it to an email or another ticket, and hoping that the form is filled out correctly, we can just have the form in samanage and have the required fields marked so nothing goes amiss.

Stefanie M.

"A Solid Solution for Serving your Organization"

What do you like best?

We love the flexibility to customize as well as the responsive service and constant improvements. The support team is extremely responsive to our needs. The array of services provided is excellent and ever growing.

What do you dislike?

There are still a couple of tweaks that our org could benefit from specifically, but no true dislikes. The only real "issue" we have had is when a problem is escalated to the engineers it seems to lack follow up. This has only happened twice in the three years we have had Samanage. The first time, the problem was eventually resolved. Currently we are working with them to resolve another.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely fully explore how you can leverage the product and familiarize yourself with the service catalog item workflows before you start building out your solution. Also get advance buy-in from other departments in your org to see how you can make this the solution for everyone and not just IT

We have been able to build out cohesive workflows that solve a multitude of problems, implement solid change management, get a handle on our tech inventory as well as many other items. We are constantly finding new ways to leverage Samanage to further our service level.

Jarett R.

"Samanage Review"

What do you like best?

Organization of tasks, users, and assets. I use this on a daily basis and keeping track of assets is much easier (although an improved physical location attribute could be more specific, or help in shipping somehow). The service desk aspect helps me keep my tasks in order and moving forward; and being able to reference particular issues or users with specific issues is quite convenient.

What do you dislike?

Samanage load times can be inconveniently slow sometimes, maneuvering through windows, menus, and screens can be quite inconvenient. I would like to be provided more information on what else I can accomplish with this program, but it's hard due to the fact I still have not overturned every stone here. There is a lot of information that could be organized and provided to make customer solutions better. Occasionally the service desk does drop the ball and miss emails, which severely affects our relationship and ability to accomplish tasks with end--users. This issue is major, and although not common, needs to be addressed when/if it occurs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check it out, it's worth it for our size company

Provisioning equipment, identifying equipment, assisting users, and repairing issues. Being able to organize and stack this much information in one solution is quite powerful in my opinion.

Tina P.

"Great support of an intuitive application that so far, meets the needs of our business!"

What do you like best?

Vendor support has been excellent! Any questions that we may have, have been answered in a timely manner. They've gone above and beyond trying to assist us!

The application is very user friendly and is very intuitive. It allows us to be able to customize our platform to our liking and gives us control of how we are going to operate the system.

I'm very excited to have this software implemented and to work in it for our everyday needs!

What do you dislike?

Inability to email all members of a group. If a ticket is put into a groups name, they do not receive notification that it has been moved to their group.

A new incident ticketing system was needed and Samanage is fulfilling that need. The added benefits include asset management which will help to streamline processes!

Brian B.

"So much more than a Help Desk managment tool"

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility that Samanage offers us for customization. It does double duty at the help desk, and as an HR onboarding solution.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike about the product. It serves its purpose, and live help is always a click away.

Samanage is mostly used as our help desk management solution. Tickets are started by email or web interface. The ticket is automatically assigned in some circumstances which is our first step in keeping our tech's screen clear and also speeds up the ticket resolution process.

We have set up HR as admins as well. They create tickets for new hires which flow to the various departments when a different set of tasks has to be completed. It is a very neat solution, and it holds everyone accountable.

Arthur T.

"Nice Product for the Price"

What do you like best?

One of the key features of Samanage is the mobile app. In the past our techs had problems getting notifications of work orders assigned to them while off-site or in a different building (using our old system Track-It!). They love the new features of the mobile app and that it notifies you on the phone. We like the web interface for accessing the site. Our previous product was client-based. One of the other features is that Samanage is fully ITIL compliant which gives us greater flexibility than just Help Desk. I like the integration with other services such as Slack, and OneLogin. They have quite a collection. Another feature is the ability to assign tickets to a group/team, which we were unable to do previously.

What do you dislike?

I would still like to be able to have my techs show up as not available when they are on vacation, so that we don't assign tickets to them that won't be addressed until they come back.

Sometimes the Samanage support is a little slow to respond.

Better communication with our techs. Allows different departments to leverage the tools Samanage has to offer

Liz K.

"Samanage - Easy and Effective "

What do you like best?

Our Help Desk moved from a product Service Desk to Samanage. Coming from an outdated software and moving over to Samanage was absolutely beautiful. Samanage simplified custom made dashes, reports, an easy click of re-assignment, notes, and CC'ing people on tickets. Our Help Desk now solely uses Samanage to contact users - whereas before when we were on our old product people PREFERRED using email (hahaha).

I assign/re-assign tickets as part of my role - and Samanage makes it ridiculously easy for me.

In short, I love Samanage. It's made my job a whole lot easier and more effective.

What do you dislike?

I also do reporting for our manager level staff for the entire IT department, and they also make it easy for me. Reporting is still lacking in Samanage - but I'm able to get around it with a little creativity. It's limited to only the template dashes that they have/preset filters.

I work in Help Desk - we support all internal employees and contractors. Samanage makes it ridiculously easy for me to keep tickets up to date, and easy for the user to do as well.

Matt T.

"Great Platform!"

What do you like best?

The Service Desk Incidents, Changes and Problems module and assist greatly in our Day to Day Operations and Support

The interface is very intuitive

The Service Catalogs help create a in depth workflow and the concurrent access assists in the timely resolution of multi-departmental tasks

What do you dislike?

Feature requests require the community to vote up before attention is brought to it, rather than a customer submitted request directly. The flip side is new featureless are constantly being released and the platform is always improving

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Worth taking a look at over other products we've demo'd. Other solutions appear to require much more overhead for implementation and may not have all the same features

The Changes Module has greatly improved our Change Management Process

The Incidents module and Service Catalog has allowed us to extend our use beyond just out IT department but into various other department for us

With the Incidents, Changes and Problems associations we have been able to identify trending and resolve root cause items much more promptly

Chris S.

"Samanage is a phenomenal tool for IT Asset Management"

What do you like best?

The client to install on our machines was small, it gathers a ton of information, and it presents it all in a very neat package that you can search. I also love being able to add custom fields to each computer/user so that we can add all of our important information.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more automated ways to gather information about switches and routers on our network. I also wish that there was an easier way to gather info about printers. It finds printers, but it doesn't present them in a very coherent package so we had to add all of our printers manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a great asset management or inventory tool for your IT resources, this is an incredible product. I'm not sure about the help desk side of it because we haven't used that part of it.

IT asset management, inventory management, budgeting. We found out pretty quickly that we would be able to use this budgeting by adding all of our PO's for our purchases.

Chris G.

"Initially an inventory and tracking solution that has become our helpdesk portal"

What do you like best?

We are able to document critical information about all of our hosts which aids in troubleshooting and inventory tracking.

What do you dislike?

Updating the agents needs to be done via group policy or manual

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test your possible solutions' support service, see which attends to you best.

We initially were using Samange solely for hardware and software inventory, this aided in troubleshooting as well as maintaining up-to-date details on all of our endpoints. We also manually inventories any devices that we couldn't install the agent on. Most recently, we implemented their Service Desk fully allowing our employees to submit trouble tickets to our IT team. This had made a major improvement in incident tracking, logging and resolution. The employee base has seen this as a major positive. Samange's support is very good, you can get a person in an on-line chat quickly and easily and resolutions to any issues can be worked through in a proper time frame.

Andy K.

"Top notch support, nice user interface"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very professional, fits with any organization, and is extremely easy to navigate. My customers often compliment me on how "nice of a Help Desk homepage we have". The administration interface is highly customizable and the built-in help features do a good job of getting your new Help Desk upand running quickly. Samanage's support is also great, they have several options to help their customers get setup and even after the intial setup they are responsive. I also love the Jive updates I get from them informing me of upcoming changes and new features.

What do you dislike?

Though I did just say the built-in help features are great to get you going, some of them do require some massaging and trial and error to get just right. That being said, isn't that what a lot of IT work is though, trial and error to get it right? So this "dislike" is more me being lazy I guess. :-)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to their support and sales when they engage you, they truely want your business and want to make their product work for your organization (large or small). They have product offerings that will help your support staff be more productive even if you're a one-man operation.

easily accessible Help Desk to submite requests for help and the Solutions feature has been a great place to populate self help solutions reducing the number of duplicate requests or recurring requests by almost 25% in the 9 months we've been using Samanage

Michael S.

"Our field staff emails there issues and the site generates a ticket"

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the most part the samanage online based program works well. Our field staff emails there issues and the site generates a ticket for us to keep track of and review. Current downfalls sometime we get emails that do not create tickets for a longer period of time then we would like. Also the subcategories you can't sort by alphabet.

It allows my team to keep track of all the task and we realized just how busy or slow we are from pulling the reports it has available

Samuel J.

"Easy Change Management"

What do you like best?

For my change management needs, Samanage has been very easy and lightweight to use while still maintaining detailed audit history for SOX / Audit compliance. The forms are simple and easy to create within the application, and the ticketing system has been very simple to use with minimal impact to our customers. The in-app customer support is also very quick and helpful.

What do you dislike?

Its been great so far, no complaints. Only minor improvement would include more customization of certain fields (i.e. Change Request Priority does not include an 'Emergency' option), but I have been told that this feature is coming soon.

Incident Management \ New Hire Requests & other IT form based processes \ Change Management. We've been able to very quickly implement these features with a very small amount of overhead to manage.

Mitch K.

"Samanage has helped turn our inventory management into a breeze"

What do you like best?

Inventory management and REST API are my current favorite features. Being able to interface with Samanage using custom tools when needed is refreshing. The amount of data pulled in by the inventory management tools in Samanage is extremely helpful in day to day troubleshooting.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be see the API continue to improve. There are a few small things I would like to be able to see as features... For example it's possible to attach a file to an incident with the API, but not download an attached file using the API.

We're using Samanage for our Incident generation, inventory tracking and management, and change management. In the future, we hope to bring in many other teams in the company.

Timothy C.

"Samange delivers for asset management"

What do you like best?

The cloud-based solution allows for my teams at different sites to collaborate easier and view the same information. I also like the auto-scan feature and the ability to create and report on custom fields. These were must haves and Samanage delivered.

What do you dislike?

I would like the ability to edit when the auto-scan runs. Right now it is hardcoded at every 24 hours of PC runtime. I don't need to scan that frequently.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

An easy-to-implement cloud-based inventory tool that does not require AD integration. Interface is easy to learn, an informative and customizable dashboard, and simple reporting tools make this a no-brainer.

I need to keep an accurate inventory of PC's and the software that is installed on them. I also have teams at 3 different sites internationally and it has been difficult to find a tool that allows them all to use the same application.

Zina K.

"Top of the Line Cloud Based Service Desk Solution"

What do you like best?

I truly like how Samanage allows us to track our Assets using the Samanage Agent installer. Our team communication on Changes and Issues has improved tremendously. We also like the way Samanage offers end users the ability to track the progress of their tickets.

What do you dislike?

There are two things that I would like to see improved. Although still a good tool, the Reporting feature customization options don't fully meet my needs. Also, the AI feature is very slow about collecting and analyzing data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Assign a dedicated resource for configuration, set up, and implementation Manual set up is required on the customer side, in order to customize your solution to meet your company's Service Desk Solution needs.

Overall Communication within our department and throughout our company on IT issues and requests, Service Desk process efficiency, and asset management.

Sadie L.

"Great little ITSM"

What do you like best?

This is an extraordinary ITSM. We have been with them for a long time and have watched them develop. They have a great deal of the highlights of the enormous name frameworks yet without the mind-boggling expense. On the off chance that you are searching for an ITSM that will take care of business here it is. While it doesn't have all the extended highlights of a portion of the enormous frameworks it has resource the executives, change the executives, occurrence the board and an administration index which is all you truly need to begin. In addition they have mixes with different stages like slack for interating with your tickets. Generally a decent decision for an ITSM

What do you dislike?

The only drawback would be that they are a young company and they do not have all of the in depth features of some of the big ITSM's like Servie-now and others. But then again do you really need all that complexity?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall, Samanage has been a great asset to our support team but we are hoping to see some improvements this year when it comes to permissions for viewing Solutions and also organizing solutions on the Help Desk Portal in a manner similar to how the Service Requests are displayed. I should note that since this is a SaaS solution, we instantly see improvements and features being added and the community.samanage.com site is very active.

They have been an incredible accomplice to work with twisting around in reverse to suit us in our mergers and acquisitions as we united inhabitants and imported and sent out information. They tuned in to our input and joined a portion of our thoughts into their last item too. They are an organization that will work with you to take care of business the manner in which you need it done.

Sean A.

"Extremely straight-forward ticketing system"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize Samanage to your usage is amazing. The ability to create custom states, custom email templates, and SLAs is extremely useful. The overall platform and UX is very easy to use for IT and end users. There is continual improvement and enhancements made to the platform on a monthly, yearly basis.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be hard to pull up a past ticket, if you don't have certain information. Over the years, there has been improvements, so I bet it will continue to get better. There are a few automated features that aren't available, but I'm sure they will have them eventually.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Knowing how you want your end user experience to be is necessary to accurately find a ticketing system to fill that need. Samanage is flexible enough that it can bridge the gap for a majority of organizations.

We use Samange for internal help desk ticketing. It fills the need perfectly, other ticketing systems we reviewed were either too complicated or too simple.

"Samanage made our lives easier!"

What do you like best?

Combining our Knowledge Base, Ticketing and Asset Management into one please literally saves us hours per week. On top of Samanage saving us a pile of time, their support team has been fantastic when helping us with any issues we have run into. Not only have we been able to discard 3+ other services and consolidate into Samanage but we have also discovered other uses for Samanage that we were not even aware of.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve to Samanage but in our experience once you understand how everything is setup within the environment it all begins to make sense. Their support team has been fantastic for us as well whenever we run into issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its a great solution, make sure you understand all of the services included within Samanage before rolling it out though so you dont have to re-do portions of it later.

We had been fighting with using multiple platforms to handle all of our different tasks for a very long time before discovering Samanage. After getting a demo of Samanage we realized just how much easier it would make our lives. We have been able to consolidate multiple other solutions into Samanage which has saved time and money.

Jumania A.

"Great tool for any IT Team"

What do you like best?

Being able to integrate Samanage with the management services we use has been a great add on. The function to keep track of employees equipment and software, at the same time seeing employees tickets on the same platform has really impressed me. Having everything in one place has been probably the best thing about using Samanage. The ability to see which machines doesn't have what installed has been a big help, allowing our IT team to stay on track with updates. Not only that, the integration with Teamviewer on tickets is really impressive, being able to remotely connect to users straight from the ticket.

What do you dislike?

I don't really like the email integration between Samanage and Outlook. To many individuals emails regarding comments, updates, changes, etc. Another issue I have was that you have to resolve the ticket first before closing it. Also the dashboard is an issue I have. Everything seems so congested. Even when the samange page is fullscreen, it doesn't spread the dashboard across the screen, leaving half the webpage with a blank white space. Other than that, I don't have much issues with Samanage as of yet.

We're using Samanage to see the problems that end users are facing daily at FriedmanLLP, such as software issues, hardware issues, and acccount accessibility. Samanage allows us to filter out which problems keep occuring which is helpful for us when we can find the solution to a problem that seems to constantly show up.

Jose G.

""Fabulous Support with fast goals""

What do you like best?

I like that I had the capacity to get to my prosperity operator reasonably effectively, and that he was overly proficient and understanding, despite the fact that I experienced serious difficulties clarifying what I required. That, yet the 2 addresses that I've been thinking about for as far back as month (discontinuously) were replied in 17 minutes. Britt made it overly straightforward!

What do you dislike?

Truly, the cooperation was so brisk, the main thing I missed was a portion of the articles referenced.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

On the off chance that you are searching for an undertaking that can be effectively overseen and have a noteworthy effect without requiring a lot of supervision, this is an incredible one to jump on. Truly, the work out is very simple, the help and training is unparalleled, and the network of different clients is too inviting and simple to converse with.

Samanage is an extraordinary answer for archive support on the structures that should be submitted to the help divisions we have in any case. Rather than downloading the structure, appending it to an email or another ticket, and trusting that the structure is rounded out accurately, we can simply have the structure in samanage and have the required fields checked so nothing goes out of order.

Ryan G.

"Great Implementation, New Service Desk! "

What do you like best?

Samanage did a great job walking us through all of the elements of how their product works and then taking us through the actual implementation of that product. They were cost effective and a great solution for us to shift from our on-prem helpdesk product to a true cloud based ITIL service desk!

What do you dislike?

There were a few features missing from Samanage that they are currently working on such as permissions for which staff members can submit service requests. They have some work arounds, but are always releasing new features!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time making this decision, but know that Samanage will help you implement this product in great fashion.

Samanage has made it easier for our staff to submit incidents to us in a variety of methods. What we realized as we moved on with the product is that you can custom tailer each type of incident using the many tools that Samanage has behind the scenes.

Jarvis T.

"Samanage - Changing the way we work in a positive direction"

What do you like best?

The instant communication with our field community has been a major step in the right direction for our organization. The ticketing system gives our user community much more control of their tickets. The reporting is awesome and well received by our leadership team.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about this system. Just a couple of minor issues such as the sorting not staying when you refresh, but other than that nothing I can openly complain about.

An efficient way to get tickets processed and work within SLA guidelines. We are able to communicate with our user base better. The ability to access the platform without VPN is a major plus.

Penny M.

"Easy management, great support and lovely UI"

What do you like best?

The UI is exceptionally proficient, fits with any association, and is incredibly simple to explore. My clients frequently compliment me on how "pleasant of a Help Desk landing page we have". The organization interface is exceedingly adaptable and the worked in help highlights work admirably of getting your new Help Desk upand running rapidly. Samanage's help is likewise incredible, they have a few choices to enable their clients to get setup and even after the intial setup they are responsive. I additionally love the Jive refreshes I get from them educating me of up and coming changes and new highlights.

What do you dislike?

I might want the capacity to alter when the auto-filter runs. No additionally pushing stuff off based of straightforward absence of correspondence.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unquestionably completely investigate how you can use the item and acquaint yourself with the administration index thing work processes before you begin working out your answer. Additionally get advance purchase in from different divisions in your organization to perceive how you can make this the answer for everybody and not simply it. The work out is excessively simple, the help and instruction is unparalleled, and the network of different clients is too inviting and simple to converse with.

Effectively open Help Desk to submite demands for help and the Solutions highlight has been an extraordinary spot to populate self improvement arrangements lessening the quantity of copy asks for or repeating demands. It enables my group to monitor all the assignment and we understood exactly how occupied or moderate we are from pulling the reports it has accessible. We've had the capacity to in all respects rapidly execute these highlights with a little measure of overhead to oversee.

Richard G.

"New Samanage Implementation. "

What do you like best?

So far i love the fact that we can seamlessly communicate with our clinical staff on progress and completion of IT Tickets coming in. As well as being able to centralize everything to make it very easy for us as a department to work more efficiently.

What do you dislike?

I honestly do not dislike anything about the product. It has served us very well and solved all of our issues that our old ticketing form could not. Samanage has proven to us at least that we can work better, faster, and get more done in a day. No more pushing stuff off based of simple lack of communication.

Our one and only problem we needed solved was communicating faster and more efficiently which this software has solved

Will V.

"Seems great for either large or small organization"

What do you like best?

-Easy to understand interface

-Solutions are awesome. They are articles of how to do stuff. You can make them internal for just the service side of the team, or make them public. And you can attach a public solution in a ticket. It puts the article right in the message body. And the solutions can have screen shots, and what I love is you can resize the screen shot so it doesn't take up too much space, but if you click on it, it immediately pops open to the original size

-service catalog can have variables and processes. so variables mean if someone requests something, you can set how it can be approved. like there is a group of approvers, and you can set that all need to approve, or maybe only 50% need to approve

-process section of service catalog can work as a check list, with descriptions of how to, so you can make steps of how to do something, and the person can see instructions of how to do it. super helpful.

What do you dislike?

-Ticket status does not automatically change when a use replies. For example, if a ticket status is "waiting for user", and they reply, the status stays the same, as opposed to "user responded"

-when viewing the ticket queue, sort order always defaults by ticket number. You can click on a sort column to sort by another category, but after leaving the page it defaults back to ticket number. It is often helpful to sort your tickets by something besides ticket number. For example, I prefer to view tickets by status. I find it easier when constantly checking my queue. All my tickets where I am "waiting on user" are bunched together", then actionable tickets show up near the top because they have the status "assigned"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Super easy to use, customization is easy to understand. I wish we started using it sooner because we have other teams within IT using other ticketing systems, and it would be great if we were all within Samanage!

-Help Desk Tickets

-Inventory

-Request Process

-Onboarding and Offboarding process, working with HR

We have realized different teams of the company can have their own self help and resource sections within Samanage. Different teams can put solutions there (how to's)

Jordan F.

"Samanage works wonderfuly"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. The beautiful interface. The tools that are provided. Everything in Samanage is simple and elegant.

What do you dislike?

There's not really much about Samanage that I dislike. I'm sure some features can be added, but they have a great road-map and future planned out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the leap. They already have everything to deal with normal ITSM needs. They have an awesome road map for the future and it's all in the cloud and ready for you. They can get you set up in a matter of a few hours [after a little bit of planning of course] and you'll be on your way. Their agent that reports to the browser is simple to install and works well.

We have a quicker response to help desk issues, and better time management due to Samanage. We can organize our organization better and have a single user manage our help desk and task out to our upper tiers when needed. It's so simple that our users needed very little to almost no training to get started. It has seriously made our IT department better, and our work processes simpler for everyone at our business.

Eric B.

"Great solution for the mid-sized business IT department needs"

What do you like best?

The Samanage management agent is easily rolled out via group policy and collects a serious amount of data on existing systems; the help desk portal is very intuitive, they've made great strides in adding functionality with workflow and task assignments and it's so easy to customize for whatever needs your IT departments need. We've incorporated on-boarding and off-boarding, employee transfers and promotions workflows, adding in appropriate users in HR, Finance, Training, Facilities and IT so we have a consistent way to process on-boarding and off-boarding across the company without relying on spreadsheets and email chains. Hardware requests, loaners and other items can be easily requested, tracked and accounted for without relying on paper sign-out sheets.

What do you dislike?

Support can sometimes be slow, and there may be some AWS issues from time to time with lag. At one point the had ads in their chat client that's part of the program that's always on, but that seems to have been taken care of.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take their 30-day trial offer and see how well the inventory, ticketing, workflow and CMDB are. I've used a lot of different programs from Remedy to Track-It, Kaseya, Blue Dolphin and the like, this is one of the easiest to use, administer, train employees to use and not have to worry about missing SLAs.

Help Desk Tickets via the webportal or email are great for our mobile workers.

On-Boarding and Off-Boarding using workflow and task assignments have helped us make sure all the appropriate steps are taken to get employees up and running or off the books. Our HR and Finance departments like the task assignments and notifications so they're not hunting down information or looking for spreadsheets.

Taurean S.

"Samanage: IT Management Made Easy"

What do you like best?

The GUI!!! The way the tickets and menus are set up, make navigating the dashboard (and other screens) a breeze. You can easily assign a user, a state, and a requester to a ticket, as well as communicate any needed information through the ticket system as well. Also their support is amazing! They always have people available to answer your questions, quickly, professionally, and with a bit of flair!

I also love that they provide a mobile app, that allows me to work with tickets and end-users on the go.

What do you dislike?

They are a little on the expensive side of things when compared to other helpdesk implementations, and their reporting options leave a bit to be desired. Also because it is cloud-based, there are rare moments when outages affect our ability to access tickets or assist our customers in an effective manner.

I dislike that I have to close out of the mobile app, in order to refresh the ticket screen. The app does not fetch any tickets from the last time it was opened.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Samanage offers a very practical UI and modern tools, that allows for quick and efficient helpdesk management. Shop around. If you are a firm believer in you get what you pay for, this may be the option for you.

The problems we are resolving revolve around end-user support, and asset management. Currently we use their ticketing system to assist field employees with their technical issues, as well as keep track of what devices they are using.

Some benefits we noticed so far, are the constant updates Samanage does to make their product better, and their constant dedication to assisting their customers in times of uncertainty.

Anthony C.

"Samanage Service Desk is all about basic needs."

What do you like best?

Cloud based and utilizes single-sign on with the help of One Login.

What do you dislike?

Too many basic features missing. Impossible to get new features or improvements to existing ones (which should already be basic). Basic inventory abilities available with a per client installation but again, it doesn't work the way it's expected. Rumor is that a new agent is available that works better but again, to our frustation, it cannot be installed over the old agent so it also falls short of what should be expected from this kind of product. Feature requests are shared with the community and only when they receive enough votes does it get considered. Once considered it will be a long time after before implemented (have only seen that happen twice). There are a ton of very basic feature requests, items that should have already been built around the existing pieces, that still have haven't made it to the "considered" category. It also seems that Samange makes changes based on their own preferences rather than chipping away at the preferences of their customers. All in all Samanage is better than the MS Access DB we were using in the past but I wish I had more input when system selection was made by upper management.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Samanage Service Desk is all about basic needs. Give the organization the ability to enter tickets from either a portal or email. If that's all you need you will be happy with this product. If you need more, keep shopping.

Max M.

"Almost perfect"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of things about Samanage that I like, but if I had to pick one it would have to be the ability to customize almost everything. We started with the cheapest plan, which is definitely limited in what you can customize, but once we had the need to upgrade and did so I just spent days tweaking the settings, categories and notifications and it was wonderful. Even though it did its job just fine on the cheaper plan, with all the tweaks in place now it just fits our needs that much better.

What do you dislike?

The biggest dislike is the lack of push notifications for the app. We migrated from Spiceworks, which has a fantastic notification push system.

The Samanage team suggested using email alerts to act as a sort of replacement, but with the sheer volume of emails we already get, it's just not a good solution.

I personally hardly use the app, so it's not so much a problem on my end, but the rest of my team heavily relied on this and I do hear about it from them here and there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do the trial and be in close touch with support and their success team.

Be aware that the trial has EVERYTHING unlocked, so make sure you know what features you will lose based on the plan you sign up.

If you rely on app push notifications, there are none to be found here yet.

For the most part this is used as a ticket/incident system. However, we're also now growing into the Knowledge Base/Solutions features, looking at using the asset tracking and PO system.

Samanage does a LOT more than we currently need, and it's nice to know that we can simply start taking advantage of the additional features once we're ready to use them.

Justin S.

"Solid Platform"

What do you like best?

Samanage has many levels of automation to be utilized. We like that the software has more then enough "room to grow". We're hoping to continue using more advanced features as Samanage matures in our company.

What do you dislike?

Don't have any dislikes so far - we are still green in our adoption period.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend you dedicate the appropriate resource time from your staff to successfully deploy this software.

Our ticket submission is very ad-hoc and reactive. Expectations for IT to provide more innovation requires us to be able to maximize our time. The device manager that can attached to user profiles is revolutionizing the way we manage assets.

AB
Administrator in Building Materials

"Much more than your traditional ticketing system!"

What do you like best?

The Samanage Service desk has not only allowed for a proper ticketing system, but has many other features that have increased controls and reduced operational cost. We are still exploring all of the features of this product and continue to expand our help desk offerings while improving the end user experience. Very happy we went with Samanage.

What do you dislike?

The process for making changes or improvements to the product seems a little cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time to investigate all hat the product has to offer. We are still rolling out features that we weren't aware existed, or that Samanage had the capabilities.

"Samanage is a superior support tool that is constantly improving"

What do you like best?

I love how Samanage listens to their users and improves the product based off feedback. We tell them what we need and they create it and improve upon it.

What do you dislike?

Since the product is constantly changing some items can move around and if you are not a daily user it can be hard to track down things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk to Samanage, they listen. If you need something they often will create it or improve upon something that already exists to meet the need of their customers. I have submitted several tickets to them and they come back with product improvements that really impress me. When we started using a chat tool they did not have an integration. A forum post was created and they immediately chimed in and began working on an integration. Now we use it daily and it has improved our visibility of tickets immensely!

We are able to track problems much easier, integrate with our other tools successfully, and provide support to our users quickly. There are so many options with Samanage that as our business has grown we have been able to change how Samange works for us and it has grown with us.

"Good IT service management tool "

What do you like best?

Samanage is very good product for managing your companies IT needs. Users can submit tickets via portal or email address. IT staff can categorize, apply SLAs, contribute to a knowledgebase and tag tickets for future reference in one interface. Reporting can provide metrics on several of modules used by IT. You can also store contracts, vendor information, change management and provide a service catalog for users to request hardware/software. Overall a good product for managing all IT needs.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is some what basic in that the reports provided are canned reports. There is some customization but focused around the canned reports. There has been several times where the automated reports did not send out but Samanage support is very quick to resolve any issues.

We are identifying the software / hardware with the most issues through reporting and understanding the cause and permanently resolving. We have one location for users to send support requests to.

allysia E.