Microsoft System Center

Microsoft System Center helps customers realize the benefits of the Microsoft Cloud Platform by delivering unified management. Experience fast time-to-value with out-of-the-box monitoring, provisioning, configuration, automation, protection and self-service.

Work for Microsoft System Center?

Learning about Microsoft?

Microsoft System Center Reviews

Showing 503 Microsoft reviews
Jeffery A.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Microsoft System Center
Ryan B.

"A massive Datacenter solution!"

What do you like best?

MSC better known as Microsoft System Center is, indeed, a great extent of multiple features for infrastructure management and datacenter solutions as well. Provides to its users, customers and clients the capability of deploy and manage your own datacenter based on defined software with understandable solutions for storage, compute, networking and security; also this solution improves your organization and increases efficiency with its automated workflow process and self-serve options. And finally, MSC it's fully stable and it's able to diagnose and troubleshoot infrastructure, workload or application issues in order to maintain always reliability and great performance all the time.

What do you dislike?

Something that I don't like from using Microsoft System Center is the fact that the whole implementation process is annoying and lacks of more direct instructions to follow easily. Its interface is not user-friendly at all with both user and administrator profiles. Also, the pricing is something that bothers me a lot, it's very expensive for implementation and it could be a nightmare for the IT department if they aren't prepared enough to give it a try before installing the software on the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My recommendation is to read more about Microsoft System Center's implementation and further instructions from other users' own guide and you'll succeed with the software. This is highly recommended for those who are looking to have everything on place for database management and datacenter inspection as well.

Thanks to Microsoft System Center we are now able to update at once all the computers from the departments selected to Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016 without having to install the OS on every computer which takes too much time and efforts that could be used on installing other features to the computers. Also we can integrate MSC with Microsoft SQL Server for database and datacenter management as well, giving to our peers and collaborators more ways to control and prevent more leaks or unexpected issues to the whole system.

What Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution do you use?

Lily S.

"De las mejores soluciones entre las plataformas de nubes. "

What do you like best?

Una de las cosas que más me gusta de MSC es tener a disposición la gama de funciones, aunque diferentes entre ellas, a unos pocos clicks, permitiéndome gestionar adecuadamente las bases de datos y el almacenamiento de datos a antojo. Asimismo, posee una excelente seguridad y es compatible con todo lo que hemos probado bajo el ambiente Windows.

What do you dislike?

La interfaz no es del todo amigable y fácil de entender cuando eres administrador, por lo que requiere cierto entrenamiento o nivel de conocimiento en el área de tecnología personalizarla adecuadamente. No significa que no me guste, simplemente que es un factor a considerar el tiempo que se emplea en entrenamiento y configuración de la herramienta (no todas las empresas enfocas sus esfuerzo en esto).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mi mayor recomendación a potenciales usuarios de esta herramienta es que tomen en consideración que el manejo de la interfaz requiere conocimientos tecnológicos relacionados al área IT para ser completamente utilizada y aprovechada. A nivel de usuario, es una herramienta casi perfecta, a pesar de su costo, para manejar y mantener bases de datos alojadas en Cloud de manera segura.

Como empresa, una de las cosas que logramos resolver utilizando esta herramienta fue la facilidad con la que integramos y analizamos la organización de datos de manera eficaz, eficiente y totalmente segura. Acceder a dichos datos es posible de manera remota, por lo que incluso trabajando de manera remota el trabajo no se atrasa y la gestión puede mantenerse en constante supervisión. Asimismo, es una herramienta totalmente adaptable si se poseen los suficientes conocimientos en el área de tecnología.

Serdar M.

"If you have a Microsoft ecosystem, you will definitely need Microsoft SCCM & SCOM."

What do you like best?

Because it is a Microsoft product, it can easily deployed without having too much configuration. After installation both SCOM and SCCM are ready to give their services immediately. For large organizations, SCCM is a very handy tool that manages all images of the computer, publishes every new application without having a deep knowledge about it.

What do you dislike?

When IT infrastructure expands, these services cannot handle too much requests. Every a few month, you will need an upgrade in terms of server resources to keep up with incoming alerts and requests.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are mainly using Microsoft products, I recommend you to try this service. However, if your servers are based on another operating systems, then you can consider to try Solarwinds-like solutions.

With SCCM we are solving application publish management, list computer inventory and installed software, and the most used feature is Computer Image management. By image management, you have ability to boot a newly purchased computer from network and automatically installs the right image by looking up, model number of the hardwares. With SCOM, you monitor all your Microsft Windows Server OS at service level. SCOM can monitor all services and creates and alert. Some monitoring tools just sends ICMP pakcets to monitor the up and down status of servers.

Rafael M.

"Using Microsoft System Center has made my work life a lot more easier and organized. Love it!"

What do you like best?

What I like the best of the system is the reliable and user friendly interface. Whatever I may need, I can easily search and find. The support system is also great to get my questions answered in a matter of minutes. I also like that all my programs are in one place and I can switch back and forth between them. I also love how they have their own work friendly version of Facebook called Yammers. I can easily stay connected with my coworkers and see what they are up to in a safe work environment.

What do you dislike?

If I had to dislike something about the system it would be how much it changes once you upgrade. This could be more of a problem of mine since I get used to one way and don't like it when it changes so much. I am enjoying the newest update.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using and getting to know all the programs. You will find that each program can help you work faster and be more productive. I also recommend using the program in different platforms, specially email.

The business problems that I am solving is being more connected with my colleagues and being able to be more fast and reliable with the programs I utilize. One of the biggest benefits is being able to have many different programs to get my projects done from A to Z. I love having a variety of programs one click away.

Alex M.

"OneDrive and Outlook cater to my business needs more than any other system center that I have tried."

What do you like best?

Easy navigation between portals. I like that I can use the one drive feature and post excel sheets about my sales and expenses. This has made it so easy to update my staff about my business from home and it saves my information every time. During the work day I flip between email and spreadsheets constantly and I only need one favorited feature to access both.

What do you dislike?

I do not understand the Dynamic and Flow features. I would be thrilled to find out how to use them but I do not see a guide. I am not sure what OneNote is for either.

I can share information between stores by posting on the OneDrive. I am in the process of creating a spreadsheet that sales reps and managers can look at for the purpose of communicating about our customers. Many customers get reached out to multiple times a day and it can annoy them. By having a public data sheet, all stores can make sure they speak with every customer and not the same people over and over.

Christopher L.

"Microsoft System Center leader in the business market"

What do you like best?

His main tool SQL Server Management Studio it’s a great solution for DBA or Technology group, his GUI minimize tasks like backup, restore, change passwords or change security settings. For me as part of a security department it's important to audit a change user privileges with a single click. The ability to embed really anything in a stored proc or an agent job is nice for integrating other systems or using it to manage workflows. Great tools for diagnosing production issues like deadlocks.

What do you dislike?

His price could be a pain for IT departments, if you compared against other product or free editions. Sometimes customer support take too much time to solve an issue, it’s annoying that issue only can be solved by patching. Microsoft SQL Enterprise pricing has grown steadily over the years along with the processing power needed to run all of the different applications it supports.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We use SQL in finance, HR and Production. We would not be able to function as a company without Microsoft SQL as all of the connectors, login credentials and user interfaces would easily be supported by an alternative means.

For me the most important it’s do test on a free environment, evaluate if all your products are compatible with this solution and then contact an experienced partner.If you do not have a qualified Microsoft SQL Expert on your team, its well worth the additional expense to utilize a 3rd party or even Microsoft Professional services to assist in the setup of the database plus all of the connectors, monitors, tasks, etc.

Daniel K.

"SCCM reduces upgrade time"

What do you like best?

SCCM has a ton of OS deployment and software features. We can easily create our custom software and operating system deployments and install them on the needed systems. Easily syncs with Active Directory which allows security group integration creating a "one stop" shop.

What do you dislike?

pretty big learning curve but there are tons of blogs and books for this software. Multiple servers needed for larger offices as well as a server to host the SQL database

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a larger company you should have several SCCM admins; it is a very robust product with tons of features. I would suggest one for OSD, one for Application creation and deployment and one for Windows Update deployment. Get familiar with MDT as we found it easier to create our WIM through that software and import it to SCCM.

Upgrading our fleet of HP computers to Windows 10 and pushing updates through WSUS; all our software was created as SCCM Applications which allow better control over dependencies and users all getting the same version

Daniel R.

"it does what you need it too do"

What do you like best?

being able to push out loads of applications at once to all the computers in the building, it saves going round them all having to do them 1 by 1 it easily saves it a week or 2 of work doing it that way. you can program windows machines to update at a certain time that way with getting a report to see which ones haven't afterwards.

What do you dislike?

the error logs aren't easy to read, it does take ages to fix any errors, you have to really know how to google if you get anything that goes wrong, that was the only issue I had when I use to use system centre. it isn't very often you'd come across the errors through but you'd know when you would as it's be something new to you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if you want a solution that controls everything in once place on a local on prem domain then you can go with system centre but there are different and new solutions out there on the market, these solutions might be able to provide more features that system centre and they might help you implentate the

trying to have 1 system to control all the computers and manage them in the waywhich was really easy and did everything you need it to do, updates, software installation, user management. we managed to run 400 computers running of this, we only coming across around 5-6 times in the 3 years I used it.

Carolina S.

"Microsoft System Center me resulta muy útil para el trabajo de oficina"

What do you like best?

Lo que me gusta lo mejor del sistema es la interfaz confiable y fácil de usar. Cualquier cosa que pueda necesitar, puedo buscar y encontrar fácilmente. El sistema de soporte también es excelente para que mis preguntas sean respondidas en cuestión de minutos. También me gusta que todos mis programas estén en un solo lugar y puedo alternar entre ellos. También me encanta cómo tienen su propia versión amigable para el trabajo de Facebook llamada Yammers. Puedo mantenerme conectado fácilmente con mis compañeros de trabajo y ver qué hacen en un ambiente de trabajo seguro.

What do you dislike?

Si no me gustara algo sobre el sistema, sería cuánto cambiaría una vez que se actualice. Esto podría ser un problema mío ya que me acostumbro a una forma y no me gusta cuando cambia tanto.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recomiendo usar y conocer todos los programas. Encontrará que cada programa puede ayudarlo a trabajar más rápido y ser más productivo. También recomiendo usar el programa en diferentes plataformas, especialmente correo electrónico.

Los problemas de negocios que estoy resolviendo están más conectados con mis colegas y pueden ser más rápidos y confiables con los programas que utilizo. Me encanta tener una variedad de programas con un solo clic.

MUKUND D.

"Its Unexpectedly Good"

What do you like best?

What I really like about about Microsoft system Center is that System Center must be considered an infrastructure management suite and this is what it does best. In addition, solutions such as SCOM are the best in the market, with the fact that Microsoft incorporates its knowledge of its own solutions, to provide better control.Although at first it is not the simplest tool to implement, at the moment when it is finished implementing, you do not have to be making many changes.

What do you dislike?

We can say that it is a little stiff to implement and configure. The interface is not that friendliest with the user or administrator that's makes it a little complicated to use.

It really helped me out a lot as System Center is oriented to the administration of infrastructure and this is what it does in the best way. Achieve from backups to administration of service flows. And if you incorporate a solution like Orchestator you can have an automation to the incident solutions.

Isaac C.

"Hardware and software monitoring"

What do you like best?

It is a very broad product, where you can configure it to suit your needs, in my specific case it is used to monitor hardware and software implementation of virtual machines in CITRIX. However as mentioned, it is one of Microsoft's bets in management and is divided into many other options.

What do you dislike?

I use it according to programming by the engineer who designed the product's visualization, I do not install it, I'm just a user of the tool for a specific purpose. The access that I have, the data that I obtain, are precise, for the system that I require. I do not see cons in this software at the moment. APM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a very broad tool with many options. No doubt you will find the right use.

We are monitoring a central system of virtual machines in CITRIX, obtaining in real time the data of the servers, services and equipment of final clients.

David F.

"System Center Products helps manage all facets of I.T."

What do you like best?

The integration among the products. The well thought out products that help you automate and manage our desktops and systems.

What do you dislike?

My biggest problem is getting WSUS to integrate with SCCM. I followed all the tutorials and it would never pull the update list. I worked with MS support and they told me to reinstall. I wish the install would be a little more automatic

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Setting up can be tricky Everything will be going fine and then you will get some quirky thing that won't work that will drive you nuts. Hopefully those annoyences will go away as the product becomes more mature.

Able to Patch, Backup, manage Virtual Environment and automate processes. It has made a huge impact on our effectiveness as an I.T. Dept

Chris H.

""Framework the board and supervision""

What do you like best?

Such a large number of things that this suite can do. The System Center Advisor makes it consistent and basic Sass administration the executives. Its Configuration Manager contains patches for sending just as server the executives and setup. I like how their Orchestrator and Service Manager functions. The usefulness seen this segment contains instruments that can undoubtedly be coordinated for gushing work process.

What do you dislike?

On the off chance that I needed to disdain something about the framework it would be the amount it changes once you redesign. This could be even more an issue of mine since I become acclimated to one way and don't care for it when it changes to such an extent. I am getting a charge out of the most up to date refresh.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I prescribe utilizing and becoming acquainted with every one of the projects. You will locate that each program can enable you to work quicker and be progressively profitable. I likewise suggest utilizing the program in various stages, uniquely email.

Imaging, remote imaging, fix the board, program the board, remote work area customer worked in, accumulation the board.

oscar n.

" Microsoft System Center seen as a developer"

What do you like best?

It allows employees to work from anywhere, regardless of the choice of the device to make the connection.

It is possible to emphasize that thanks to its kindness of integration it can work under several type of environment, it can manage several PCs with the configuration of Microsoft Intune can be extended system center configuration manager in addition to mobile devices based on the cloud that execute windows and iOS, All that can be done from a single console.

It is a tool that is designed to be up to date with the updates of windows 10 since it can support all windows features while they are available. It should be noted that with this tool you can protect the data and apply compliance with the policies and rules of all the devices of the organization.

What do you dislike?

Its free version can offer solutions since its prices are very high. Sometimes customer support takes a long time and therefore is not feasible because we lose man hours and the customer is not satisfied.

Many servers are needed for larger offices to give the quality that the client needs, as well as a good robust server with a good configuration to host the Database.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We currently use SQL Server 2014 for the processes of finances, inventory and management of administrative systems, so that they can not work with the SQL Server, neither the relationships nor the answers. At the time of connecting an alternative medium, user interfaces will be supported. It is a very broad tool with many benefits, surely this tool is the right way.

Honestly and most logical is to do tests in a free environment, familiarize yourself with the tool, rule out faults, set up a laboratory and create a data center with system center, then choose to buy the product, it should be noted that prices may vary, the Client must agree or the IT department of all that this situation may entail. Then to all the above contact a specialized partner if you do not have an expert SQL, it is worth making an additional investment of professional services of Microsoft at the time you decide to buy the product. It will do the configuration of the database and all the tasks that have to be propagated at the moment of the start-up.

"Microsoft System Center Config Manager Remote Control as a helpful remote desktop connection tool"

What do you like best?

As part of a bigger SCCM, I specifically like this tool best as it allows me to remotely connect to a user's desktop by network name and control the screen with a mouse and keyboard as if I am sitting at the user's workstation. With this tool, I can click on dialog boxes to confirm when I make changes to software setting or install software.

What do you dislike?

As for deployment of multiple software packages/updates on a large scale, synchronization between server and clients may take time. Need to manually force actions such as hardware/software inventory cycle. As for remote control, it may not work with DNS name issues when workstations started to connect to VPN and IP addresses have not resolved to names yet. Manually obtaining IP addresses from users are needed in order to connect to their screens.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great all in one solution for those working with various systems on a large scale, from managing deployment of software packages/updates to workstations and remote control through configuration management.

Microsoft System Center provides the business benefit of central management of automatic software update deployments to our high number of workstations. The System Center remote control tool enables our central Help Desk center or myself to connect users' workstations in order to troubleshoot application and network issues in a virtual environment where users can be working offsite. It allows me to be more productive in solving an issue as it starts right away. I also use Software Center to manage deployment of software updates.

Divya V.

"MSC Honest Review"

What do you like best?

It is more reliable and robust as compared to the current toolset we use. Logging from the tool gives a clear idea of the issue when they arise. Its a Microsoft product and we are largely a Windows environment so we expect to see very few compatibility issues. It is easier to find troubleshooting information on technology forums due to the large user base. The email system is by far the most useful of the Microsoft System Center. It's easy to link calendars, send emails, set signatures, set out of office notifications and more. All businesses should have this feature.

What do you dislike?

The tools are very comprehensive and deliver as promised, but lacks better integration with cloud environments, which Microsoft is addressing by building new services as silos alongside the traditional System Center. I personally don't like this for hybrid deployments, and they need to polish those tools to be part of SC. There isn't much to dislike yet because we just rolled it out not to long ago. If at anything, it would be very small dislikes such as set of commands for hosts within SCCM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Takes time to learn but is useful once you do.

OS Deployments, application deployment, patching, AV. Communication and scheduling. I find the scheduling assistant feature on the calendar very useful when scheduling meetings with a large group. Device Software management is always a problem but this makes it easier. It is an all purpose inventory tool ; Being Microsoft it integrates easily

Elijah H.

"Infrastructure management and supervision"

What do you like best?

Microsoft System Center I love because it gathers and organizes certain servers and workstations in groups. It pairs with Microsoft Azure and other large cloud-based programs.

The ease of connecting to a remote computer is great, with just one click we can access the equipment

The management and control of the equipment with this tool is wonderful. The latest developments in the version have been of quality.

I highly recommend the product

What do you dislike?

From the beginning the configuration is not at all simple. When I worked with this tool, I needed a guide to carry out the connection and configuration. I think Microsoft can improve in this part and do it in simpler steps so that an IT staff with simple clicks can achieve the manageable goal

Recommendations to others considering the product:

With this tool provided by Microsoft has made the work easier and has allowed a better organization in the company. The deployment in general terms, is a bit complicated but at the end of the administration allows to control the work flow from day to day.

I can attest that this tool is very powerful.

With this tool it allows me in my place of work to comply with the following operations:

- simple installations, local updates and automated workflows.

- Make things quickly with the features of a click and a simple console.

-Administer and monitor heterogeneous and open systems, including Linux, Hyper-V and VMware.

-implement and manage Windows Server and Windows 10

Emmanuel E.

"Controle toda su infraestructura desde una misma suite"

What do you like best?

Sysrtem Center debe de ser considerada una suite de administración de infraestructura y esto es lo que hace de la mejor manera.

Aunque en un principio no es la herramienta más sencilla de implementar , en el momento en que se termina de implementar, no hay que estar realizarndo muchos cambios.

Además soluciones como SCOM es de lo mejor del mercado, con el hecho de que Microsoft incorpora su conocimiento de sus propias soluciones, para brindar un mejor control.

What do you dislike?

Se puede decir que es un poco "tieso" de implementar y configurar. La inmterfaz no es la más amigable con el administrador.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Siempre empezar desde SCCOM y ir madurando con la SUITE

System Center está orientado a la administración de infraestructura y esto es lo que hace e la mejor manera.

Lograr tener desde respaldos a administración de flujos de sercvicios. Y si se incorpora una solución como Orchestator se puede tener una automatización a las soluciones de incidentes.

Surya k.

"Hassle free system management"

What do you like best?

I have experience in System Center Configuration Manager and the Operating System Deployment (OSD) has saved lot of man hours in company wide when re-configuring or deploying PCs over company. We can deploy a new PC with all relevant software and updates without single user interaction in less than 1 hour of time

What do you dislike?

The automated client deployment is giving trouble most of the time if the remote end is miss configured firewall or corrupted WMI. We have to sort those problems manually if we encounter such a problem

We are using system center configuration manager for operating system deployment and have custom images created for department wise. If new PC deployment is required we are able to plug the new PC into the network and run the deployment process and the PC will install the OS and required software in less than 1 hour.

basant p.

"Best monitoring extension and center Management for the organization"

What do you like best?

MSC allows automatic pushes by system admins, thus eliminating the need to convince all users to install it. Also, These pushes can be scheduled. Thisis what I really liked.

Microsoft System Center is is pretty helpful when it comes to corporate or enterprise IT administrators to manage their systems. And by simplifying datacenter management, I am able to perform their data-related functions, from deployment, configuration, management, and monitoring of my infrastructure.

In my specific case I use it to monitor network applications and server applications.

What do you dislike?

1. Lacks Heterogeniety: For organizations running on Operating systems different than WIndows, It requires a different utility tool lile LANDesk.

2. The cost of it is a little expensive Since the price double for every additional 2 physical processor sockets.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recomment it to people who are working With multiple systems and platforms. Also helpful in backing up the data and recover lost files

Lets me solve the issue of working with multiple systems and platforms as it works well with a number of heterogeneous and open systems, including Linux, Hyper-V, and VMware.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Good management system for medium sized company"

What do you like best?

It is easy to use, fairly intuitive, and works well for managing our agency account (approx 200 users). we use it to manage our Microsoft outlook exchange as part of our Enterprise E2 package. It is good for simple creation of users, reports for tracking use, ability to setup multiple mailbox permissions and groups, and other Microsoft application integration. Our staff also use Microsoft products OneNote, Word, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, and Visio as part of their jobs on a daily basis.

What do you dislike?

We integrate Microsoft systems center with our private servers' active directory. Because of this, when a change is made in the active directory, it takes up to a week to sync with Microsoft system center (or visa versa) unless a script is run.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great solution for multiple Microsoft products and simple management for companies of all sizes. Deployment via the cloud makes for efficient use of space and time, and takes the pressure of hosting off company servers. In the health care world, this is especially helpful since out electronic health record software is already hosted on our own private servers.

Microsoft systems center allows for deployment and management of several crucial tools for our mental health agency. Clinicians and administrative staff (approx 200 people) all use Microsoft Outlook, Word, and OneNote. Many also use Visio, sharepoint, and Powerpoint,

The integration of all these tools saves us money, tracking multiple licenses, and simplifies IT director's ability to manage and track licenses and usage.

Stever Jose G.

"the easiest way to manage the platform to update, monitor and solve events."

What do you like best?

When we decided to implement Microsoft syntem center we had excellent results for decision making in what was the hardware update of the users and upgrade of some servers. not only allowed us to monitor and solve problems of server onpremises, but also in the virtual one agent is intalo and keeps the reports up to date.

one functionality is to be able to manage the desktop computer park that we have from different suppliers creating a single image of the operating system and being able to deploy only one in different models and then assemble the driver packages for each model separately. carry out project of update of operating system and change of stations was very simple.

was adapted in line to implement under ITIL standards

The processes of pachmanagement were greatly improved since it could be done very simply.

the problem resolution times were considerably improved thanks to the knowledge base and the inventory of applications running on the machine, we can solve problems quickly.

In the pages of the manufacturer there are always available tutorials and manuals of use and new functionalities

What do you dislike?

In my opinion I do not see disadvantages of the solution, the cost may be a little high if it is a small company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

if they are animated, ask your supplier for a test of the product and thus they can exploit the functionalities in this way to evaluate which tools of the system center package are necessary for you.

the problems that helped us to solve was to have available an inventory in real time, help us to make decisions to update the platform and be able to proactively present the alerts and behaviors observed in the monitoring of the platform

AI

"If only SCUP - no, wait, actual third-party software update content - were fully integrated!"

What do you like best?

I do like the addition in CB 1802 of "Install Behavior", which saves me having to script an install or use a task sequence in order to preemptively kill processes with as little disruption to the user as possible so that the install will not fail.

I also would be up all night two weekends of the month if not for the option to schedule both availability and deadline for my server updates, however I'm clearly not doing it correctly, as I still end up with servers three days later that never got around to downloading the updates, with no obvious cause, other than that the client just didn't do it, but I digress.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that in order to specify that in installation take place upon logon or logoff I have to create a task sequence for my application or program. Why that logic cannot be or has not been integrated into the most commonly used features for software deployment, I cannot imagine.

HOWEVER, that inconvenience pales in comparison to the massive recurring headache of 3rd party patching. Even SCUP and SolarWinds PM give me only the exoskeleton for the updates most needed because of their vulnerability to exploit: Java and Flash Player. As I was fighting this battle a year ago, we still had a valid Altiris Patch Management subscription, and I went back to it as quickly as I had left it, for that reason alone. While I understand to an extent Adobe's rationale in refusing to publish updates to 3rd party catalogs, Altiris managed to have an employee do all the steps I have to complete every month and make the msi and exe available for all flavors, Java, too, and save me those steps. I don't know what kind of agreement exists there that affords Altiris, and apparently no one else, the option of providing the complete catalog content for those two troublemakers, but it's worth its weight in gold.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention that assuming an hour for a reboot borders on ridiculous and often exceeds my maintenance window, but I have thus far heeded Microsoft's warnings to not fiddle with that. The same goes for deadline randomization; if the pre-release phased deployment feature makes it into production, my understanding is that it will, in a sense, replace deadline randomization, but, my employer being a federal agency, 'pre-release' and 'beta' are bad words. I'm not allowed to take advantage of those features yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

SCCM is great for imaging, application deployment, and reporting. If you are wanting a patch management solution, you should know that Microsoft will not provide you with content for Adobe product updates or Java updates. I believe there are a couple others. I would recommend keeping a finger on the pulse of current branch development, as 3rd party patching is just about the biggest sore spot for admins, as acknowledged by Microsoft. Whether there exists a solution other than Symantec Patch Manager that still provides admins with all content necessary to deploy updates, I don't know, but there is pain ahead, if this will be your patching solution.

I have relied heavily on SCCM to distribute patches from both the present and years ago in order to remediate vulnerabilities that are in violation of the risk acceptance policy, the responsibility for which I have been given because I managed to have some success with it last year. No good deed goes unpunished. That is in addition to regular monthly patching, which has been done solely with SCCM since December 2017. Reporting on patch penetration is definitely simpler with a single patch management solution, however the inability to incorporate my 3rd party updates into a SUG keeps me running multiple SCCM reports for now.

Tim V.

"Microsoft System Center 2012"

What do you like best?

Configuration Manager allows us to reliably patch workstations and servers. Operations Manager notifies us of potential problems and Virtual Machine Manager makes managing our Hyper-V cluster a much more streamlined process

What do you dislike?

Keeping up with updates and changes can be a chore with our small department.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're using Microsoft products, especially Hyper-V, it makes sense to at least give System Center a thorough look.

Patching of systems. Potential issues with hardware, software and operating systems. Streamlined management of our Hyper-V fail-over cluster and the ability to live migrate virtual machines on the fly.

Samuel P.

"It is a fantastic and incredible tool for the administration of computers and servers"

What do you like best?

Pros: - It can be unified with Active Directory and DHCP to locate any computer that is connected to the network.

- You can deploy Windows desktop and Windows server updates automatically or manually.

- You can implement any application or shortcut.

- Most impressive is the ease with which you can implement operating systems through the network.

- When you deploy an application, update or operating system, you can easily see the progress of the implementation.

- Has a wide range of created reports.

- Can generate Querys according to the need of the company.

- SCCM has its own remote connection system that provides great help at the time of remote technical support.

- You can set up an "SCCM server" or a "distribution point" in each location you need to avoid bandwidth consumption.

- It has a great security to establish the differences between the roles of the different areas of the company that require the use of the tool.

- You can use the LOG as they are very useful.

What do you dislike?

Cons: - Microsoft System Center is a very expensive tool

- It requires many pre requisites for the installation of the SCCM in a server.

- The set-up requires many hours of work so that SCCM is 100% configured

- The creation of additional reports is very complicated.

- Generating Querys in SCCM does not have much documentation and is really difficult.

- You really need to do a course to be able to use the tool.

- Many errors of the tool are basic and do not show details.

- It is complicated to verify the installation of Windows updates

: I feel that being a Microsoft product it is easier to integrate and maintain.

It is a complete package for maintaining OS, patching, security, apps, and images. Server and Workstations.

We have had few issues since setup. and I would recommend this even with a few drawbacks.

Adam N.

"Excellent for patch/software distrobution"

What do you like best?

Imaging, remote imaging, patch management, program management, remote desktop client built in, collection management.

What do you dislike?

We normally have to use right click tools addon's in order to more easily add workstations or groups to certain collections instead of taking more time to add them through a more in depth menu. So overall, may just needs a bit more simplicity in that aspect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a rather large amount of assets you may very well look into this software, it has saved us so many headaches and made it much more easier to keep track of assets and verify if all of them are in compliance with our most current settings.

deivis d.

"Windows 7"

What do you like best?

Its stability for program drivers and that can be used on any computer.

It does not give erroes and to the users it gives them a better comdidad to use the programs and when it installs one it does not give you problems.

What do you dislike?

Almost nothing disgusts me about this program, the truth is that its use is excellent. a part that installs all the required drivers and helps you a lot with the new installed programs. When I enter the internet your comfort is excellent to open windows and go or other

The problems that I have been able to solve are like data recovery with their tools. The benefits have been satifastorios since I could do everything with comfort

Juan Carlos M.

"Microsoft System Center"

What do you like best?

La Interface de la herramienta utilizada. Mucho mejor las nuevas versiones que la anterior. Aparece todo mucho mas claro y a primera vista. En otras versiones anteriores de sccm no podias implementar tus propios scripts.

What do you dislike?

Lo que me disgusta un poco es que en la consola no se pueda elegir en otros idiomas a parte del ingles. Estaría bien que fuera multilenguaje.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Buena Herramienta. 100 % recomendable

El 100% del trabajo diario de mi departamento se resuelve con Microsoft system Center. Los beneficios al utlizar la herramienta son satisfactorios ya que lo utilizamos en los diferentes clientes que tenemos en cartera.

Jared F.

"Great for large scale management, but can have delays. "

What do you like best?

It makes it very easy to manage and deploy multiple software packages and updates on a large scale. It’s very easy to use as well. It can cut down the time and effort involved in pushing multiple applications and updates to one or many devices at once and mostly automated.

What do you dislike?

Server / client re-sync can be slow to update when removing collections/application, and sometimes slow to deploy as well. Also, if a package fails to install, it can be a pain to get it working.

Drastically reducing the time required to deploy software packages and updates on a large scale enterprise environment.

Johnathon P.

"Great software "

What do you like best?

So many things that this suite can do. The System Center Advisor makes it seamless and simple Sass service management. Its Configuration Manager contains patches for deployment as well as server management and configuration. I like how their Orchestrator and Service Manager works. The functionality seen this section contains tools that can easily be integrated for streaming workflow.

What do you dislike?

Configurations and deployments can be done easy. Thing is, operations and service know-how is required. If you're a professional working in IT, it'll take some time to get a complete grasp of its services and private cloud.

Finally being over and done when it comes to an on-premis data center's intricacies and costs. This was big problem when migrating business to a private space. While there's clearly a benefit in operations and services, they tend to come with financial and security risks. The System Center has a wide range of services and feastures that makes business processes manageable. Its automation level guarantees deployment in a single click.

Andrea B.

"Deploy, Update and Manage"

What do you like best?

This product is great, allows you to install, update and manage system and software installed on a large number of servers or PCs and it have many feature like the reporting tool that permit u to create many queries and export inExcel for easy manipulation of data.

In short, this product is so powerful and makes IT management much easier and faster

What do you dislike?

It was hard to undesrstand and setup at the first time and u need to study much first to know well all features.

Sometimes the changes sent on the devices seem to be correctly installed on the panel/dashboard but not really on the device

Recommendations to others considering the product:

i think Microsoft System Center is useful for company has its own IT department with a big amount of devices

i used this product in an environment almost totally with servers with windows operating system from 2008 upwards to schedule microsoft update in certain times on big amount of servers and pc

IG
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration

"Great for a Growing, Mid-level Comapany"

What do you like best?

Everything is centralized. I don't have to poke around and spend 20 minutes searching for an application. It has made a huge difference in how agile I can be when multitasking.

What do you dislike?

There are some limitation with what we are able to do as far as tracking data for required daily and monthly reports. We have to use a separate software to do the actual reporting.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure that you are aware of everything that is available. We spent a lot of time trying to find solutions outside of MSC without realizing that there was already an application available.

As I mentioned above, the fact that everything is centralized is a huge advantage. Previously, we had a very disjointed organization of tolls, and with MSC my productivity has increased, which means I get more time to focus on the tasks at hand.

Laurry P.

"Parfait "

What do you like best?

Sa vistesse et sa facilité d'utilisation, tout les problèmes sont ici tres souvent résolu. Mqoi je ne peut pas m en paindre un bon jeu d outil avec des vrais services dans l informatique il est un environnement Windows, donc ma société et moi attendons à voir très peu de problèmes de compatibilité car cette distribution est compatible avec tout les produit on as besoins

What do you dislike?

Rien sauf peut etre le un jour une erreur suite a une mauvakse connection internet mérite une meilleur incorporation au niveau du cloud

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Pratique est conçu pour fonctionner apres avoir un peut etudier le système

A permis une gestion parfairte trouve la fonctionnalité d'assistant de planification sur le calendrier très utile lors de la planification des réunions avec mon groupe. La gestion des logiciels est quelquefois qun problème, mais cela facilite la tâche. C'est un outil d'inventaire polyvalent; mais comme tous logiciel Microsoft, il s'intègre facilement

Brent O.

"System Center Configuration Manager"

What do you like best?

Excellent for application deployment, patch management and hardware/software inventory. This can also do some good health and configuration checks as well as virtualized applications. SCCM is a great tool for remote management. Reports are also useful and can be customized and automated. Works great with WIndows but you need to be sure to update as new versions of Windows 10 come out this is something that administrators will need to pay attention too.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't work well on Macs, can be confusing on offerings with cloud based or on premise versions. Patching can be a bit tedious and there are some limitations with powershell and configuration items. External use can also be a bit tricky.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are other products out there but for Windows I find this to be really solid.

It helps me to know when things gets deployed. The visibility I have on installations and inventory is great for Windows devices. It integrates well and does not seem to be very resource intensive. This application saves time and physical resources. It scales up well but might not be necessary for small companies with maybe one location. I prefer this to be used when you have several offices.

IC
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Computer Software

"detailed analysis of Microsoft System Center"

What do you like best?

I like Microsoft System Center because it helps the company to fully manage our data center and other IT aspects of the company in various environments and platforms. By simplifying the management of the data center, we can make functions related to the data, from the implementation, configuration, administration and monitoring of its infrastructure and the virtualized data center defined by software. All this is achieved without compromising agility and performance.

What do you dislike?

I think that using the Microsoft System Center is a bit of an overwhelming fact that the entire implementation process is annoying and lacks more direct instructions to follow easily. Its interface is not easy for user and administrator. In addition, the price is something that I do not like, it is very expensive for implementation, a nightmare for the IT department if they are not sufficiently prepared to test it before installing the software in the company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

nothing

Thanks to the Microsoft System Center, we can now update all the computers of the selected departments at once to Windows 10 or Windows without having to install the operating system on each computer, which requires too much time and effort that could be used to install others. Characteristics of computers. We can also integrate MSC with Microsoft SQL Server for the management of data centers and databases, giving our colleagues and collaborators more ways to control and prevent more leaks or unexpected problems throughout the system.

AC
Administrator in Construction

"SCCM has made it possible to shorten our image time from almost a week down to an hr. "

What do you like best?

I like that SCCM is widely used by the IT community. Most issues or problems you could run into has already been solved by someone else in the community due to it being used by so many companies and people. It has a very large community of friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable folks.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike about SCCM. Its very large, and you can do just about anything you need in your environment as far as management of Devices goes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Learn as much as you can before you start using it. Research as much as you can about do's and dont's. You can dig a very deep hole pretty quickly.

Time and effort spent in managed images, applications, configuration settings have been cut in half if not more. We spend far less time building computers and installing applications. We can now spend more of our time doing actual IT functions

Javier L.

"Bajo control"

What do you like best?

Software empresarial para control del parque de equipos de usuario y servidores muy completo. Se pueden obtener inventarios de software y hardware en un intervalo definido, distribuir aplicaciones, updates de Microsoft y controlar políticas de acceso tanto a dispositivos Windows como móviles.

What do you dislike?

Las últimas versiones están teniendo actualizaciones cada pocos meses, lo que hace difícil siempre estar a la última versión y aprovechar las características que se incorporan con las últimas versiones.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Producto completo dentro de la suite Systems Center para la administración completa del parque de equipos y servidores de una empresa.

Inventario completo de todo el parque de equipos informáticos (móvil, PC, Servidor), posibilidad de establecer políticas de acceso y mantener al día en actualizaciones todos los dispositivos Windows, así como todo el software homologado en los PCs de la infraestructura.

Michael Angelo I.

"Automation in Enterprise server management"

What do you like best?

It helps us on automation for our virtualized data center and the cloud, both private and public. Easy administration and deployment, rolling the installation can suit any business design or architecture setup, common tasks can be done by multiple options, management-wise there are a lot of policy template that can be used and in reporting there are pre-defined reports or you can custom a report.

What do you dislike?

For those who will try Microsoft Systems Center for the first time, I recommend reading the white papers and administration guide. Microsoft offers a lot of tutorials how to use this tool. Just be careful about deployment and setup, plan the design to avoid making some common mistakes that could be costly in the long run.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product able to monitor services, tools and applications. Microsoft Windows, VMWare, HP and critical application environments.

Infrasture Provisioning, Automation and self-service, Infrastured and workload monitoring.

II
Internal Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Setting up a secure LAN"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to secure a LAN, it is user friendly and easy on the process of securing the network and assigning tasks.

What do you dislike?

Time consuming in the process of creating containers according to groups and departments. The 2007 version was difficult to complete task's as I assigned them. Errors were almost occuring all the time. Eventually the errors were corrected with trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Getting the latest version would be best, using the older system has some quirks.

Virtual machines set up and maintaining day to day business problems like preventing malware attacks, and the time it takes to resolve them. Updating the virus database daily was the resolution to correcting the oversight of detecting the intrusions of malware attacks.

Attention: I altered the upload to protect client information.

"MICROSOFT SYSTEM CENTER OVERALL REVIEW"

What do you like best?

Microsoft System Center delivers an all-in-one, client-to-cloud organization explanation for both public and secluded cloud servers. The tool is well-matched with internal servers that host private cloud such as those on Linux, Solaris, and Windows systems. The System Center is also envisioned to support users in handling mobile devices like Windows Phone 7, iOS, Android, devices which individuals use on a daily basis. Extremely efficient and serene to use.

What do you dislike?

One major flaw I would say would be the price. I find it quite high compared to other system center support acquisitions. Overall a good product, but price may be quite vast.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Users are able fully enjoy faster time to value knowledge as the system permits them to promptly comprehend value with easy installations, automatic workflows, and in-place updates and upgrades. I RECOMMEND everyone who is interested in getting it if it fits their budget.

Overall I haven't had any issues. Microsoft has been long for quite some time, and their customer support assistance is extremely helpful. Not that I had any problems, but there were some questions I had in regards to using the basis itself.

Rmn C.

"Awesome to deploy updates and security patches accross network"

What do you like best?

For a large organization like ours, MSC push the updates and security patches accross our whole network with an ease, GUI, Microsoft support, a lot of help in the online community

What do you dislike?

Microsoft product runs only on Microsoft OS (should have atleast support for Linux), High costs to run (for example needs SQL server running, high maintenance), limits patching third party applications

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my personal experience, microsoft's support has been tremendous. We switched our servers to Microsoft only. But if you have mix of linux and microsoft OS, you might want to rethink.

Centralized management of our data center. Compared to our old system now we can easily keep track of our network inventory

"System Center Use"

What do you like best?

We deal with numerous VMs, PCs, and servers. Through System Center, it's now possible to manage them. Its suite has everything that one needs. It can be anywhere from backup to deployment to monitoring. Since Microsoft is really everywhere, it makes complete sense to utilize System Center.

What do you dislike?

With Microsoft functioning a little slower in terms of technology, there a ton of features not seen that are already available in other vendors. Whenever a latest version is released, Microsft loyalists will be amazed but other users may complain of a certain functionality that's already available in other products. There's zero de-duplicaton in terms of DPM backup. You'll have to make a de-duplication of the source or utilize VMs in complex instances. The SCOM requires a Dr. to effectively use it.

We're frequently using System Center for a number of things. These include VMM, DPM, and SCCM. The suite makes Microsft Technologies more manageable. They're made according to the System Center and vendors can understand such need. It's essentially a central point for just about everything.

Joshua D.

"Complete management suite"

What do you like best?

The reporting and tracking is incredibly useful for compliance purposes. Ensuring that all deployed computers are running approved applications that are up to date is incredibly useful in a large deployment. Being able to push system updates and package application installs is also something I use every day. Remote support and management is also very robust and powerful.

What do you dislike?

I don't know that I've encountered anything I'd specifically consider a downside, or even something I've thought of that I disliked particularly. We did have some issues when we rolled out IPV6, but those were pretty quickly resolved by Microsoft.

Remote management - compliance reports - remote support - application packaging/deployment

I
Internal Consultant

"Must have to Orchestrate and Automate System Tasks"

What do you like best?

Microsoft SCCM does a lot of good jobs but a couple of features I like the best about this product are Remote Control and Patch Management. They had highly helped us in doing day to day activities and has also saved us a lot of time.

What do you dislike?

There are many positive features about Microsoft SCCM and I believe there no such features about this product that I should dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our team implemented Microsoft System Centre with Configuration Manager (SCCM) for automating the manual system tasks like installing system updates, patch management or to take remote control of users in case of issues. The overall experience we had with SCCM was a positive one and we found our day to life improved so we could attend the other necessary tasks. I would give a heads up to this product and would recommend for Medium and large sized enterprises and organizations.

1. System Upgrades

2. Patch Management

3. OS Installations

AI

"SCCM is the jack of all trades!"

What do you like best?

I use this software daily. I use the Config Manager part of System Center. Helps me manage our equipment with fewer people and can keep all our PC's up-to-date on patching. I also love the fact that I can upgrade PC's to Windows 10 as we are moving from Windows 7 to 10.

What do you dislike?

SCCM is a huge learning curve. I would recommend anyone who wants to use it, buy a book or 2 on how to operate it. It takes a lot of time to fully understand what this software can do. But trust me, it is worth it!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for an all in one software, seriously consider using System Center. I am also looking into implementing other parts of System Center as well.

Patching, imaging, upgrades to newer versions of Windows 10, Surface Pro drivers.

"Functional, but fragile"

What do you like best?

The incident entry system is segmented in a thoughtful manner and flows nicely when entering tickets from callers. Service Manager (SCSM) sends email notifications to the users, the assigned analyst, and can easily pull up historical incidents on a certain user, end user, date range, or keyword you select. Coupled with Provance's asset management system, we can track purchases, aging hardware, new hardware, and where certain pieces of equipment are at any given time.

Configuration Manager (SCCM) is a powerful tool for managing the distribution of software, updates, and querying the computing environments with hundreds of computers across multiple locations.

Overall, SCSM and SCCM are both great tools in our growing organization.

What do you dislike?

Following normal updates, we typically experience periods of sluggish behavior or software hiccups that can interfere with our normal operations. Microsoft is always there with quick, polite, and knowledgeable support, though we'd rather not have to use it so much.

Service Manager helps us ensure all the "little things" don't slip through the cracks and Provance helps us keep track of when we need to replace aging inventory items.

Bob F.

"Excellent client management tool"

What do you like best?

ConfigMgr has been heavily developed over the last year or two, It's great to see it getting attention from Microsoft. I think the new run script feature is really useful. Overall a very powerful product!

What do you dislike?

It can be a pain to install, the ConfigMgr Prerequisite Tool makes it a lot easier though. The interface could do with an uplift

We're managing a large multi tenant Windows 10 environment

"A one stop shop for managing multiple computers"

What do you like best?

I used to use SCCM at a previous job for managing patches and pushing out Software. Loved that you can control not only updates and patches, but also things related to security and network settings. It made it so we no longer needed to physically go to the user's desk, it could all be done easily from our own PCs.

The monitoring dashboard also let us know at a glance the overall status of what the network and user computers was. We were never guessing what computers were up to date or not.

What do you dislike?

The interface and commands can be quite daunting to a new user. But I it is broken up in such a way that someone can learn a bit at a time.

We wanted a way to provide updates, network changes, patches without having to drive all over the place to do so. The benefits came in the form of many hours saved having to drive from place to place. We now had more time to get actual tasks finished.

AP
Administrator in Publishing

"The best software for the new generation. "

What do you like best?

I liked it's all system p, programming, durability, storage capacity, ease of use , security & word document. It is running well we are using it since 10 years. It's every system is easy to learn 2 years kid also. I think in our small city a lot of people are using this software .As they have a good faith on it. Thanks Microsoft system.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes its word document is not responding , it makes a lot of interpretation while working & storage system is not correct .It can be stole with hackers .So must have to keep attention for it. Out look system also not running properly. I have a lot of problems to run word system along with note pad to save all documents secretly from another family members .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the new comers who are learning just computer or touching to the computer it is good product.An interesting facilities, it can use small child also easily like paintings, drawings, running audio system or video system etc I think in our country people knows only this productb this is another reason to like & learn all programs of this software .

I am solving content marketing problem with it. I am getting cheap service from it as well as it is connected all over the world so it is good benefit to us to run our business easily by connecting abroad people easily. People also connecting with me easily to read my content.

Learning about Microsoft System Center?

* We monitor all Microsoft System Center reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.