python mechanize

The official source code for the python-mechanize project

Work for python mechanize?

Learning about python mechanize?

python mechanize Reviews

Showing 3 python mechanize reviews
python mechanize review by Rishab K.
Rishab K.

"Stateful programmatic web browsing using mechanize"

What do you like best?

There is one OpenerDirector interface called urllib2 or urllib which gives you function open the url link in browser using python script.

But it can be replaced by mechanize. And what mechanize provides us is that, it gives the information regarding browser object states, including navigation history, HTML from state, cookies, etc. also set of features and URL schemes handled by Browser objects is configurable.

What do you dislike?

It tries never to assume anything, but is this question really “I want to use an HTTP library, but am not sure if I should use mechanize or urllib2“?

If so, I suggest a third alternative – requests. It is modern, intuitive, well-documented, and much easier to use than mechanize or urllib2.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check out requirements, and compare through which library you can do more efficient work out. If the work can be done through urllib than also it can be done with this also.

realized?

Through this we can do the same things that we can do with the urllib2 or urllib, but the problem using the urllib is, it not a faster library and not efficient like mechanize. So after using mechanize in all my assigned I get better result.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about python mechanize
python mechanize review by Suresh B.
Suresh B.

"Mechanize is easy to use scraping library"

What do you like best?

Put less efforts to learn and easy to use

We can do authentication Process with this library

We can save cookies

It allows to add external request cookies so with other libraries if you did authentication by that library cookie we can do this mechanize library

It allows for both http and https

we can connect to the tor browser with mechanize with other libraries like socks and socket

This is the fantastic library who want to do the scrape an website

we can add user agents so makes request similar to browser

What do you dislike?

It is not working for Javascript loaded websites, means when you access some of the websites those shows verifying your browser so if you want wait for a while until the full page load there is no functionality to wait for specific time

website owner easy to trace from which IP the request came and they can block us

Couldn't work for recaptcha solve website because it is raising 403 forbidden

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the one the best library for web scraping I used this library along with Beautifulsoup

Easy to learn and we can do form submission task like make authentication, do automation like give comments

Main use case of this library is when you got scraping related work came if you don't have knowledge on scrapy and mechanize, I will say go and do scrapy process on mechanize because it easy to learn and do the project faster it took time for scrapy to get good knowledge

What Python Package solution do you use?

python mechanize review by Parth M.
Parth M.

"One of best solutions I have found so far!!"

What do you like best?

The best python based script so far of this sort.The best thing is its simplicity and ease of use . Its documentation is excellent and it is pretty much solves the purpose. Exactly worked according to my expectations.

What do you dislike?

Well the only thing I disliked is that I found that it works slow sometimes. The script is sometimes too slow when handling multiple requests back to back. Apart from that everything worked as expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should go for it! It is simply the best so far

I was trying to send some data to a online form from my raspberry pi. This was the best option I could find!

There are not enough reviews of python mechanize for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

python sql Logo
python sql
4.0
python-sql is a library to write SQL queries in a pythonic way.
spyder download Logo
spyder download
Spyder is a powerful scientific environment written in Python, for Python, and designed by and for scientists, engineers and data analysts. It offers a unique combination of the advanced editing, analysis, debugging, and profiling functionality of a compr
pandas python Logo
pandas python
pandas is an open source, BSD-licensed library providing high-performance, easy-to-use data structures and data analysis tools for the Python programming language.
beautifulsoup4 Logo
beautifulsoup4
Beautiful Soup is a Python library designed for quick turnaround projects like screen-scraping.
python xlrd Logo
python xlrd
xlrd is a library for reading data and formatting information from Excel files, whether they are .xls or .xlsx files.
numpy download Logo
numpy download
NumPy is the fundamental package for scientific computing with Python.
python pillow Logo
python pillow
Pillow is the friendly PIL fork by Alex Clark and Contributors. PIL is the Python Imaging Library by Fredrik Lundh and Contributors.
pillow python Logo
pillow python
Pillow is the “friendly” PIL fork by Alex Clark and Contributors. PIL is the Python Imaging Library by Fredrik Lundh and Contributors.
mysql python Logo
mysql python
MySQLdb is an interface to the popular MySQL database server for Python.
Selenium WebDriver Logo
Selenium WebDriver
Selenium is an umbrella project encapsulating a variety of tools and libraries enabling web browser automation. Selenium specifically provides infrastructure for the W3C WebDriver specification - a platform an

Learning about python mechanize?

* We monitor all python mechanize reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.