Fyle Reviews & Product Details

Fyle Overview

What is Fyle?

The world has changed over the last three decades and it’s time expense management does. Fyle has invented a new, intuitive way to turn expense reporting real-time. Employees submit expenses on-the-go within apps they use every day - Gmail, Outlook, Slack, WhatsApp, phone gallery. There’s more -- all expenses are submitted only after being checked for policies. This means employees get notified right within these apps if they’re violating any company policies. What’s more? - A modern corporate card reconciliation software that’ll give your bank’s software a run for their money. - Automation for literally any expense approval workflow -- dependent on employee, expense, policy -- give us your most complex one. - Analytics that’ll keep you on top of everything expenses. MIS, budgets, team-wise spends, top violations, you name it. Check out our detailed feature list to know everything about Fyle’s inner workings: https://www.fylehq.com/expense-management Fyle is a fast-growing company, trusted by Finance and Accounting leaders from over 300 organizations spread across 17 countries. Fyle is best suited for companies with over 100 employees and under 5000 employees.

Fyle Details
Discussions
Fyle Community

Fyle is an intelligent expense management platform for businesses and individuals.

Fyle was born out of personal frustration. We’ve been on both sides. We’re aware of the frustration that comes along with being disciplined towards submitting expenses -- setting aside a Sunday every month and compromising personal time in order to get the money we spent for our companies. We also understand that for any expense management software to succeed, people have to use it. It’s 2021 -- people will only use it if they love it. Hence, unlike conventional softwares, we don’t just focus on mobile and web apps. We believe that great experience goes beyond traditional web and mobile interfaces. Fyle has built a screenless experience right inside apps people use every day. This is a whole new approach that just works.

Fyle Technologies
2016
Bengaluru, India
@FyleHQ
765 Twitter followers

Fyle Videos

Fyle Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Fyle community
Have you used Fyle before?

Fyle Reviews

Open Discussions in Fyle
Shivshankar M.
SM
Chief Executive Officer
What do you like best?

the process is best person of any age can use. It has timely updates as soon the expanse and bills we can see the log of what is happening after approval and also the total of bills can be seen on dashboard which is easy while making different reimbursement. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the only thing is that mobile version is very sleek and good which is not case in website view i think that is one drawback Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for It really easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The problems i solve is creating expense report for re- embusement and also can be used to show the expense of trip or all the bills consolidated at one place which is easy for approver and also the person who is filing expense. it is really transparent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Member Of Technical Staff
What do you like best?

Apart from easy-to-use UI on both web and application, the most likeable feature of Fyle is it's integration with other service add-ons like gmail, Whatsapp. These provides an easy way to track your receipts from multiple services and group into one. Also, the autodetect feature of cost, date, etc makes the overall process of adding receipt less cumbersome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes fyle cannot autodetect prices and might miss the overall cost excluding the discounts which the receipt addition process somewhat cumbersome. Sometimes the gmail integration won't pick the mail itinerary which is present in the pdf file attached with the mail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try for sure. It suits every company type needs ranging from a large organsiation to a small non profit one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our organisation uses it to reimburse food and travel bills. Most important benefits of fyle are it's easy-to-use services with a number of add ons to track receipts from multiple other apps all in one place. Also, the approval workflow meets our company needs to review all eligible bills Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Project Lead
Children's Pastor
What do you like best?

That you can import your credit charge charges. I like the possibilities of what this can be. The app has the potential to be very helpful and useful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app has come glitches, and is not the most user friendly. I wish that the reports and expenses were a little more simplified and easier to manipulate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it look cleaner and easier to function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The app has had a tendency to kick me out. The scanner doesn't always read my receipts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Well, everything is the best, Starting with the part that all documents have an in-depth collection of information and also the documents are tagged easily ( a food bill can be tagged as food along with the hotel name ) it is such an advantage and imagine it auto recognises the bill for you. this is just the start Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As of now nothing much. I would say the linking of a trip document and the milage but they are all customisable as per the organisation so overall I am happy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a must-have, with all the needed input and expense lit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly today's pandemic world it's not safe and easy to carry around papers and we need actual bills to file for all documents. Fyle helps me to save them by clicking a picture and not touching it and it is arranged in the easiest way for my revenue team, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The User Interface is intuitive and that has helped someone like me without any prior experience in handling expense management tools breeze through the entire process of submitting my bills.

It's simple and makes the process of filing an expense seamless for all users

The 'Reports' section is clean and simple in terms of giving crisp info on the expenses and their statuses

I personally haven't used the browser extension but from what I've heard, it's great in terms of auto-picking bills

Being able to download reports as a PDF comes handy when we've got to keep an offline record of expenses

Being able to report expenses right from Gmail is a cool thing Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of my actual filings get marked as 'duplicates' although they are original and are being filed for the first time

I'm not sure why but there are technical glitches that cause the entire process of filing the expense freeze for a moment or two Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's simple and easy to use Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Helps me track reimbursements

Makes the process of managing expenses really smooth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Fyle made it easy to manage everything at one place.

The entire claim process is seamless with detailed info at every stage. Reporting expenses, claiming it and even archiving it for future references saves a lot of time and you don't have to do all Ctrl+F in your entire drive when there is a need. Fyle has got it for me.

I haven't had experience with expense management tools before and after using Fyle, I don't think I'll need to re-look at the options.

Options to download reports as PDF as well as CSV and XLS. Might sound very simple, but you know it's a boon to have only when you use it.

Adding expenses in bulk.

Saving expenses as drafts so that you don't have to re-do everything again from ground. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app's UX is simple. Mobile version can be a little more simpler?

The comments are at two levels - Report level and expense level.

While the report level notes are straight forward, one has to drill down and find the expense-level note. It looks hidden.

An option to rename expense bill file names after uploading to avoid duplicate flag?

Integrating with multiple mails can be easier. I still haven't integrated it with my mail, but I badly want to.

Dashboard customization - Wherein I want to see the numbers even after reimbursement.

Collaboration, assigning tasks etc can be at user-level control so that I can notify or ping the approver instead of spamming the comments section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You can go ahead if you have field service staffs, reimbursement policies, expense tracking etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Saving and managing expenses, bills. Tracking reimbursements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I create the expense report by one click and track the expense for whole year by one click and i found the whole year report easily compare to other software.

Fyle easily attached with Google MAP and we can easily calculate the K.M. of any employee and we can easily file the taxi expense from direct to Gmail Invoice this is very best feature.

We can easily separate the all reimbursement category and found the error if expense will go above limit fixed by the Management.

I like very that when received notification that your reimbursement has been approve and you received the reimbursement.

We can found the any documents easily by one click related to previous period when we required for Audit purpose and other assessment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Fyle easily excess with personal e mail ID due to this feature software will be attached with personal email ID after leaving the organization and Metro city should be include in Fyle.

Sometime face the difficulties while uploading the invoice software not readable the invoice amount and we have to put by manual and sometime date of invoice shown in amount column due to this feature reimbursement will be out of limit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fyle easy to access and easily handle the reimbursement and also easy to login with mail ID.

Easily generate the reimbursement report month wise vis-a-vis year wise.

With all my experience about the Fyle, this is very easy uses software comparison to another software and we can easily found the any documents after current period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Personal email id should not attached with software, only work email ID should be attached, if we take the user right for working URL why is attached with personal email and metro station name should be attached so that we can file the reimbursement easily related to Metro.

I know Fyle is working all over India, so the metro station should be attached and major supplier name should be mentioned so that we can easily choose the supplier name easily by drop down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It doesn't take much time at all to do my expenses now. I like how categories and names I've used in the past are readily available to reuse. It get's faster every week for me to do an expense report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a little hard to use the mobile app at first. I couldn't easily open the menu to add a new expense, but I think something must have changed in one of your upgrades since super easy to use now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Faster to do my expenses. No need to attach paper receipts or make copies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Business Analyst
What do you like best?

The best thing about FYLE is easy and step wise process to file reimbursement.

Also it has transparency by showing who is authorized which expense.

In case of any confusion or remark which needs to be there, they have comment box thus avoiding delays and solving issues there itself.

Also after every report submitted or any update on report we get a personalized mail and thus need to not go and check every time.

Also an amazing feature of auto fill in the expenses helps us save time.

Also a new option added of receipts helps me keep all my bills in place.

The transaction history also helps be aware of expenses and thus maintain them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The things I dislike is just one that report needs to filed in two steps that is first expenses and then report.

Though at times it ease the process as well by helping in editing or deleting any particular expense and not the entire report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fyle is a platform to ease your process and thus integrate those software where you save bills and directly use fyle thus making life more handy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Fyle is used by my current firm for reimbursement purposes. Thus its a one click upload bill directly from mails and then file a report.

This helps in deleting tedious paper work or excel handling. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Marketing Associate
What do you like best?

The easy and intuitive UI makes the experience of filing expense reports a breeze.

The Dashboard presents a very clear picture of your expenses in one go.

When I had a bunch of bills to submit for my organization, It seemed like a huge task thanks to my exposure to expense management tools earlier. But with Fyle, I was able to submit a handful of bills in just 20 minutes!

When filing repeat expenses, the autofill feature is a godsend. I also liked how I was able to get enough information about the status of my claims clearly at different stages of reimbursements.

Though I'm not using the Gmail plugin, I could picture it being a very helpful feature to pull out bills straight from the inbox.

Overall, I had a smooth experience with Fyle and it saved me a lot of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When filing repeat expenses, at times I had to submit the bills twice which was a bit annoying. I'm guessing there's a glitch in saving the bills.

The Application glitches when I try to upload multiple bills. Also, when I was filing two similar expenses, I also noticed that it flagged one of them as 'duplicate', and I was not given an option where I could say the bills are actually authorized.

Though the UI on the website is great, The application is Not mobile-friendly. A short video tutorial for a first-time user would've been extremely helpful.

I'd like to have a chatbot to help with my queries as and when I'm using the Application.

The App is a bit slow sometimes.

One recommendation from my side would be allowing users to crop pictures once taken. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Fyle is one of the expense management tools out there with the easiest UI. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Benefits of using Fyle :

1. Saved me a lot of time and increased my productivity

2. Transparency in each stage of claim processing.

3. The whole process of getting bills reimbursed is made easy and fast with Fyle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is very good for controlling of expenses and provide different MIS of all inputs. I found it very helpful in terms of cost control specially in lock down period. It have lots of controls which can't be controlled in manual working. We required different type of expenses MIS for reporting purpose. it is very easy in Fyle in single click. It is very helpful in audit purpose. You can found the reports and supporting's at one place and you are not supposed to be worried about the hardcopies. User can easily check that what is the current status of his report and where it is stocked. For any query you can just mark flag on report and once employee give you the proper clarification issue resolved. Best part about Fyle is that it helps in controlling timelines. Its support staff also response very fast. In case any help required they are there for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It should have few more fields for controlling duplicacy and aslo found requirment of few additional fields so we can track better. Sometimes found some issue of employees that their managers can't view there reports. Other than this i don't think so that there is nothing else which can be disliked in Fyle. In my personal opinion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have control over the expenses. I have all the data at one place. I can easily track any mistake in it. it also helps in time saving as compare to manual working. Response time of Fyle team is very fast. Even if you miss after putting query. Team will get back to you for the same Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

Easy to add expenses via Iphone as you incur them. I no longer have to search for receipts at the end of the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The receipt scanner isn't always the most accurate - have to watch it to make sure the numbers are correct Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your still paper tracking your receipts this will save you a lot of time and heartache. The program works well, is easy to use on for both your laptop & Iphone. This is written well enough that you can learn it in 5 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I no longer track receipts. When I'm on the road I just add them via mobile phone. It has saved me a lot of time and heartache at the end of the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Process is really good, All options were well segregated and clear to the person who is using this App Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Noting as of now, I am not aware that fyle already has an integration with slack, If not a slack which will notify the user about each and every steps would be great Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would love to recommend Fyle to the user who are struggling with their expense management process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Previously submitting bills and getting reimbursement is a bit tedious process, Fyle made it really easy for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Information can be recorded fast and without any issues. Also, I find that the assistant is really helpful. For any problems or inconvenience, I was able to get help rapidly. I use it every time for any company related expenses if incurred. Fyle is so much better than the previous system we used. Collecting all the documents and keeping a record is definitely extra work in work-related scenarios.Fyle has definitely reduced that workload from that section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not came across any specific scenarios yet. Complete loss of data has not occurred since the Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking and storing my records.Easy access at anytime and can be worked in multiple phases without losing any data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Consumes very less time, super easy to use, makes the process very smooth. One of the best expenses app I ever used in my life, I would recommend all of my friends to use this app. Overall I Love this Fyle application. I will rate this app 10 out of 10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None so far, I really liked the application. I love this App so much, saves lots of time. I would recommend this application to all of my close friends and office friends. Awesome Application I have ever used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great application to use, the best expenses app I have ever used in my easy. Too easy to use it, saves lots of time, Fyle application is really very nice application. I would recommend all of my friends to use this app. Overall I Love this Fyle application. I will rate this app 10 out of 10. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Reimbursement- I can easily claim my food bill, cab bill, stationery bill, phone bill, etc. without any problem or headache, fyle application has made my life so easy. The awesome application I have ever used Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Being my first job, claiming reimbursement from Fyle made sure it was a seamless experience. I understood what are the things I have to submit with constant feedback from our Accounting team. I also had complete visibility over the claims and I knew who to contact as well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The terms used and how to use the app were a little complicated in the beginning Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the best when it comes to managing claims Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Claiming reimbursement for huge number of employees Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

That our receipts can be uploaded from our phones or from email, directly. The extra options for categorizing, classing, selecting projects helps us to put everything in special groups wonderfully. My team has access to upload things themselves.

Also, it forces my team to be more responsible for their own expenses and in doing so has taken some work off my plate and I'm so glad! It's so user friendly and honestly, it's pretty. I use it to post a lot of my information into QuickBooks Desktop so it's really just wonderful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Most of the time I'm not a fan of the reporting feature. I wish there was a way to just submit expenses as they are posted and do reports for other sections. Most of the employees forget to submit a report so I just do it for them. But in some instances I like the report because it'll group a whole trip with expenses together and I can see what the whole trip consisted of.

Also, I originally thought I would get ACH/Direct Deposit payments for users as an option for the one I signed up for because it said online it was applicable. But it was a typo so after I signed up, turns out it's only available to the higher grade users which is more expensive.

Lastly, it doesn't integrate with QuickBooks Desktop. All the tech companies are making their software integrate with QuickBooks Online, but anyone in the accounting field will tell you, QuickBooks Desktop isn't going away. It can do more than the online version and it's more secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you sign up for the right plan and make sure you know the minimum of people you want to have as users. It's easier and more efficient to have everyone who will be submitting regularly to have their own login. Make sure you train them how to use it. If you do, they will be more responsible with submitting what you need them to. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been getting people's receipts and per diem requests in a more timely manner and at about a 95% submitted rate. Before Fyle, I was only getting about 45% of receipts I needed.

It forces my team to be more responsible for their own expenses and in doing so has taken some work off my plate and I'm so glad! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.