F-Secure Reviews & Product Details

F-Secure Overview

What is F-Secure?

Going beyond malware protection, F-Secure provides end-point protection and security management solutions. Developed in Europe for businesses around the globe.

F-Secure Details

F-Secure Reviews

Showing 92 F-Secure reviews
Already have F-Secure?
Senior Enterprise Security Engineer
What do you like best?

As a F-Secure team is very engaging with prompt support and collaborative. The below points make F-Secure product different from others:

1. Cloud-based solution along with the on-perm solution

2. Vulnerability and patch management

3. Easy to manage

4. Leading Detection and Response solution

5. Great roadmap to fight cyber threats Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

F-Secure has very limited reporting options and the solution approach looks like legacy and complex architecture. And also F-secure does not provide scalable and customized queries, reports and dashboard which are much more important to fight against various advanced malware and showing reports for management and governance purpose. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try to utilize all features and understand various configuration as much possible. Some are below best practices to use F-Secure

1.Plan and work properly on requirement and current environment architecture to decide which whether to use on-perm or cloud based solution

2.Proper use of Data guard Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

While running endpoint security solution our main problem was to identify the vulnerabilities and patch management, F-Secure solved both of these problem with any other cost. F-Secure also increase the threat detection rate and great local machine management using local access which also reduced the central admin overhead. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Security Officer
What do you like best?

F-secure is really helpful in B2B situations. I've gotten good customer support as a business customer. F-Secure's radar provides good value for the customer, be that a Business, or an singular user. Radar's reporting features beat all the competitors in the field. No other product has as good reporting features, that can be used for a executive summary report, then radar's. Most of the other products focus on functionality over reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

F-secure's hiring process is bothersome. During hiring F-secure gives out 3 challenges which to complete, which are way too long and require too much work, just to advance in hiring process. Because of this, some serious skill gets declined just because the hiring process 1st step is useless.

F-secure's products are not that good, the virus scanner is signature based, which is basically same as everything else. Radar is built on top of nmap, and is just basically UI and reporting for NMAP. Lots of bugs in software. The licensing of a software is slow ish, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Compare F-Secure with other competitors products, and find the solution that is the best for you! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

F-Secure's radar product is good value for the customer, if you compare it against similar products. Radar gives insight into the vulnerabilities that lie on the technical side of things, and could be done with other tools, but Radar brings it all together.

Radar's reporting features beat all the competitors in the field. No other product has as good reporting features, that can be used for a executive summary report, then radar's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Marketing Manager, Recruiting Events & Partnerships
What do you like best?

FSecure is a splendid antivirus, within the characteristics that stand out the most during the time that I have used it is the veracity with which it is possible to configure and customize, it provides the right tools to make this possible, to be able to coordinate tha analyzes at a certain time of day, among other customizations. It quickly scans all my devices for any dangerous virus that cloud someshow alter my data and work information. It is a light and really flexible tool, easy to implement that adapts from wherever I want to use it, once I installed it everything was really simple and very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its effectiveness is immediate, practical and easy to use. So far it has not produced false positives, it analyzes fluidly and lightly, it does not intervene in the course of my work while doing the analyzes, which is great. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get the security of all your devices with the protection offered by FSecure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Protection and security at all times, is a price to pay dor the peace of mind of being able to have all my work information under protection. The benefits that it has brought us once everyone in the office started using it is protection in the system and will be so attentive, it prevents us and sends us a notification to be able to eliminate it and fix it immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The best thing is that wherever I need protection at any level, F-Secure has an offer for that. Even my car! Also, since we also use Avast, I can see how much more viruses gets detected. Probably the thing that I like the most are user friendly interface and no intense usage level. It just sits in the back and does the work. Only when really needed, for example when an alert goes off, it needs your approval to do something, like erase an infected file or stop a potentially harmful download. Also, it's very subtle in alerting. I love that. No pig oinks when a virus is detected! F-Secure is a silent virus killer. I would recommended to anyone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I understand it's the premium product but the price for home computers could be a bit lower considering the level of threat is lower. Luckily for me I am a business user so the company is paying for it ;) I would love to hear if there is a program or a package that allows for home usage if your company already is a licensed business user. Also, we really need local support sometime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just look at comparisons with other AV solutions done by independent institutes and security agencies. That's how we made a decision. F-Secure is unbeatable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The biggest use I have is to protect me from possible malware. Due to the nature of my job, I visit a lot of websites and I just can't keep thinking about how safe they are. F-Secure instantly alerts me if the page is trying to download malware to my computer and allows me to prevent the possible damage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistant Manager IT
What do you like best?

F Secure Policy Manager Console is most practical and easy management software for more then 200 hosts. Easy and quick policy distribution for hosts after 15.00 update. I would recommend it to all companies that have a lot of hosts, because its easy to manage with groups and roles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not easy to block torrent traffic and some specific ports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My company using this Antivirus software for more then 10 years, and I have 4 years experience with it. I recommended to every administrator who have big network and a lot of hosts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The most benefits is that F Secure doing Browsing Protection for our users and Real Time Scanning of Email Clients, and we feel more secured with that options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SME - Infrastructure Security
What do you like best?

I personally like it as a solution instead of its one or two specific features or module. The range of innovative features really help us to detect and block the threat to spread into our network. It not only help us to protect from external threat even it also help us to detect insider threat which was due to wrong coding or risky script uses. We also observe that as compare to other product it was not very resource intensive and provide good experience to end user in terms of machine performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think so i dislike anything but like and dislike may vary depending on network you are deploying the solution. If you configure the product correct and alien it with your business requirement, I don't thing you will find any dislike. Tech support response time maybe a point which you can consider where F-Secure need to improve themself rest all the thing I found good in the product as per my experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before finalizing the product please conduct the POC to verify, product is fulfilling your business needs, if you are comfortable in POC then make purchase decision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's innovative approach to detect and remediate the new threats really help us to keep secure our network as compare to any other traditional Endpoint security solution. Its real time threat detect approach also help us to under the nature of new threat and make policy for them to block it before it start spreading into our network. Overall we are happy with performance of the product as an Endpoint security solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

II
What do you like best?

I like that the app actually works at first try. Plus, they actually provides 5 days trial so I can actually check out the product. The UI is neat and seems to be well structured (blue themed). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The file size to download (Freedome.pkg) is quite large, around 90MB. And it took some clicks to install the product. Compared to other apps where you can just drag the app to Applications directory (for macOS), this could be a disadvantage for FREEDOME. Also, the app seems to apply a dark pattern in its UI where the font for "Subscription" menu looks smaller compared to others, making it less visible to eyes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for VPN solution and you have multiple devices, F-Secure FREEDOME might be a good choice. The monthly pricing is affordable with, eg. $2.92/mo for 3 devices. Plus, you can try the product for 5 days before actually committing to it. So, there's no harm to check it out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm trying to protect my devices from accidentally accessing rogue endpoints by activating F-Secure FREEDOME. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Analyst
What do you like best?

The primary source of why I apply F-Scure as my main antivirus is its easy usability, it studies and analyzes my entire system extensively in the search to predict any threat, it has a fairly adequate preventive system against any present vulnerability, and it helps us to maintain the safety of all my files, documents and important information from virus, Trojan, malware or ransomware attacks. It monitors with the purpose of evaluating truthfully and quickly, and what I like the most is that it allows me to find quick solutions thanks to the fact that I can prevent the presence of viruses before they cause any damage.

Installing it is simple, it is a light platform and does not take up much space, it works smoothly without any problem. Its interface is quite adequate, with suitable tools to carry out correct analyzes and precise solutions. I like that the implementation can be wherever you need to use it as it flexibly adapts to any operating system. Another advantage is having F-Scure always active, working at all times evaluating every detail. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like F-Secure to be a little more automated, to we don't need to be aware at all times, it would be ideal to have it in the background, this way I could have my files safe without having to worry about it all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend it because not only has it personally helped me to find a solution to security problems, but my entire work team uses it in general, since its operation is essential to keep our work system fluid and safe. Look no further, F-Secure is the right antivirus. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has freed us from damage to our system, file errors or any invasion of cyber attacks, it has a wide coverage, a very attentive prevention system and a range of fast and adequate solutions, hitting the mark with what we needed in an antivirus. Without a doubt, he became our helping hand to keep our work system free of any danger that affects the security of our important data or infiltrating cybernetics that puts the encryption and protection of each stored information at risk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The user interface is appealing Features are excellent Database is up to date support is excellent pricing is decent.

Strong services expertise

Overall cost

Product functionality and performance

Product roadmap and future vision Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think the company should do more marketing to build product awareness in India market. There could be more advertisements and webinars to create awareness. They could partner with some other vendors as technology partners to increase their reach in the market. Without marketing, you would have to perform based solely on the merits of the product. This means that F-Secure would go out of business faster because they wouldn't have the benefit of word of mouth marketing from satisfied customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The user interface is appealing Features are excellent Database is up to date Support is excellent The pricing of the product is decent as compared to the other competitors in the market. This is an agent-based endpoint solution and the agent is pretty lightweight which requires minimal hardware requirements and could run on basic endpoints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is one of the most appealing AV software I used. The resource utilization is very much negligible and the threat database is up to date. Endpoint security solution with the best of market security updates. For the price you are paying, this is by far the most complete AV solution I have used. F‑Secure Anti‑Virus provides protection against viruses, spyware, infected email attachments and other malware. Automatic updates and real-time response guarantee the fastest protection against all new threats. F‑Secure Anti‑Virus is easy to install and it does not slow down your computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Entrepreneur and IT Specialist
What do you like best?

State of the art reliability and HQ based in a stable democracy with decent privacy laws Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As a professional user I would need faster ways to navigate around in the application. This requires keyboard shortcuts which are missing now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With F-Secure I am able to visit foreign locations safely and protect my privacy easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Very easy-to-use, effective, and good on the eye. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

All smooth sailing for me, except the banking protection popup, can be out of place sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Speedy VPN service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Team Lead(SOC)
What do you like best?

I am using FSPM since 2011 it's extremely good! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, actually speaking, if i faced some issue then resolution were provided by support team very promptly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Mostly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly HIPS, Endpoint protection, VA and i have used it for detection of some unauthorised devices and application Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Unified Communications Engineer
What do you like best?

ease of installation and configurations

support is great

lightweight application

offers great security Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maybe offer a free version for customers to try out Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great people to work with. Support is awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

centralized management of over thousands of endpoints and multiple sites makes it easier to administer and monitor security events Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

F-Secure makes high quality SW products - for example Password manager is a must have tool nowadays. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes online banking protection is protecting too much and needs to be disabled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product which works in a reliable way Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use antivirus on my PC and password manager - they are both great products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Part time at European Centre for Press and Media Freedom and Artificial Intelligence Researcher
What do you like best?

The products are very easy to use and F Secure is an ethical company that does not steal people's data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Compares to other cyber security software products their prices are higher. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have peace of mind knowing that my gadgets are safe from hackers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Manager - Cyber Security
What do you like best?

Banking protection, application control and Ransomware protection Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Poor support, False positives, bit heavy on resource, Anti-phishing not up to the mark Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very good company for protecting against cyber-attacks. Device management and patch management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Malware accuracy, Device management, and patch management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

System Engineer
What do you like best?

Intuitive interface and ease of use for home users Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes update progress gets buggy, heuristics could be better, system resources overhead as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eliminating phishing attempts, zero day threats, ransomware etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager - North
What do you like best?

secure site using like banking site it give secure site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

system got slow require update very often Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

good for the organization having secure site use, cost effective for SMB organization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

ICT Sales
What do you like best?

F-Secure is using one of the best antivirus engine tool, update status and speed antivirus search engine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

None. Maybe price is higher regarding competitive solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

excellent antivirus software, good price, user interface and support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Number of new viruses, and engine tools for recognization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Easy to use and less popup notification than others Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing i can think of, i have always had a good experience with F-Secure products Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Why not, get it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Safety while banking online and browsing online in general Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Web Design Specialist
What do you like best?

F-Secure has provided me with protection and trust at all times, it contains tools that handle great functions which makes it essential for a web-free web of threats, of safe and fluid way. On the other hand, it provides high security and protection with ab automatic threat prevention service, allows access to the web, thus managing possible effective solutions in case of any kind of inconvenience. It's a true tool in protection against malware and adapts quite broadly and flexibly with each of its functions to my entire work system. It is always active and in constant vigilance, always keeping all our information and system safe and with maximum security. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The functionality so far has been great and without failures, it contains complete tools that do it all. Its interface is simple to adapt, co-configure and customize, its automation has contributed to the ease of use of F-Secure. Threat prevention and search for solutions provide smooth and secure web browsing . Thanks to the customer service, each of the options I cloud not manage, I cloud do it thanks to the proposed solutions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a high quality antivirus, we get great benefits from it and I recommend it for you to get it too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Thanks to F-Secure we have obtained significant benefits, in my company it has helped us with the protection of all our websites, our work system and files against any type of malware, it also provides us with safe browsing. It greatly provides us with high security and protects us from any threat that my lurk at any time. It is a great software that serves as an indispensable support to fulfill all our work in a constant and fluid progress thus contributing to achieve all our proposed objectives in the shortest possible time, without any impediments and performing high quality work. All our management work is done and expedited through web browsing and being sure that we have maximum security to work is a great relief. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cyber Security Product Engineer
What do you like best?

Centralized web console is the best solution for small companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Need more friendly interface and get more info from infections Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Centralized Endpoint Protetor, It detects EMOTET malware on some servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Only focused on security

UI Interface was easy to handle

Easy Installation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Feature i miss Asset Management that is the only feature as comoarevto other product Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Previous organisation i was using it

Not using in current organisation

Will recommend it to other because of

Easy feature with the focuse on security Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Feature is excellent Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CI
What do you like best?

It does its most foundational job, which is malware protection, exceptionally well. No security incidents reports from our customers. It has provisions for local LAN replicating of updates, which is good for customers where low bandwidth conditions exists. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Although it isn't a common practice on the IT Industry, it'd be desirable for it to have a NSG product available which could work along with the ESG product in order to have a holistic approach to the IT Security protection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mainly, IT Security. It's a lightweight product for our customers, and most of them are unlikely to switch their solutions because it simply works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like this software because it can handle virus very well Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This eventually can slow my computer because of ram usage Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to get this f secure to secure your devices Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it helps to secure my personal computer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for F-Secure?

F-Secure Comparisons