Datafox provides a simple interface to lots of really useful functions:
- Tracking companies using lists. It is easy to add a company to a list through the browser sidebar, share lists with the team, and download lists to go.
- Finding out what conferences the companies we are tracking will be attending so we can prioritize events that matter
- Easily integrate Datafox with Salesforce so that our Salesforce fields can be added to Datafox filters and list columns
- Great signal tracking for our companies from social media, news, etc., and the ability to select specific signals for alerts. Alerts can be shared instantly with the team via Slack
- Very good customer service: the Datafox team quickly responds to requests for conferences, lists, new companies, and company edits. They even take those crowded "landscape" images that show all of the company logos in a particular sector and make a list for you.
There are a few improvements that would make life easier:
- I wish the Similar Companies recommendations were more precise. It would be so helpful if this feature could help more to find comparable companies.
- I wish this had a mobile app
We use Datafox - alongside Pitchbook and Salesforce - to find, track, and keep in touch with startups that our VC firm would potentially invest in. The benefit of Datafox is that it is easy to use and helps make our team more productive without requiring a lot of configuration or training. It's great to be able to quickly get a list of all of the companies that we have spoken to in the Chicago area and download the list before heading out there. Or sharing a list of all of the companies that we are tracking that are at the conference a colleague is attending so she can reach out to them in advance. Or getting alerts on a startup that just hired a new Chief Product Officer to prompt us to reach out to hear what's new. It saves time.