pillow python

Pillow is the “friendly” PIL fork by Alex Clark and Contributors. PIL is the Python Imaging Library by Fredrik Lundh and Contributors.

Work for pillow python?

Learning about pillow python?

pillow python Reviews

Showing 13 pillow python reviews
pillow python review by Priya D.
Priya D.

"Best image manipulation framework pillow"

What do you like best?

Most image processing and manipulation technique can be carried out effectively by PIL.

Fork PIL called pillow allows us to do any kind of function with the images that we can do

in any photo shop software manually do with the images. But here, we do inside a program.

What do you dislike?

There are few mine types missing also in the latest version. It does not allow with to do task with the GIFs.

Otherwise, there is not any major issue that I dislike the product or not using. But above are the minor issues which I personally don’t like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Image related terms and some knowledge can help ease of using this product for your project.

Benefit that I observed is, reduce our team’s time to accomplish any assigned project. Because, first if any changes is needed in images regarding its size, rotation, etc. we have to do manually. But now pillow is doing.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about pillow python
pillow python review by Obaib E.
Obaib E.

"La mejor libreria de python para tratamiento de imágenes"

What do you like best?

Es muy eficiente, me ha gustado mucho esta libreria, cuando la he usado para calcular el color dominante de una imagen, para así trabajar en un ambilight. Es muy facil de usar y los metodos que ofrece son muy intuitivos y muy optimizados. Tambien me ha permitido seccionar la imagen, dividiendola en distintos secciones para sacar el color dominante de cada una de las seccion, siemrpe de forma muy eficiente y bien optimizada.

What do you dislike?

No tiene una buena compatibilidad con openCV, he tenido que codificar mucho para poder juntar estas dos librerias y asi hace un procesamiento de imagenes óptimo integrando varios algoritmos que deberia ofrecer la propia libreria PIL. La libreria deberia tener mas métodos que se utilizan en tecnicas y algoritmos de procesamiento de imagen, por ejemplo el color dominante, escala de grises, invertir colores etc..

Además de los apartados anteriores, la documentacion oficial se debe mejorar, poniendo mas ejemplos practicos y exponiendo mejor la API para nuevos usuarios.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Si necesitas hacer procesamiento de imagenes en Python para cualquier tema, sea deep learning, mejor de imagen etc...No hay otra libreria mejor que esta, intuitiva y muy bien optimizada.

Ambilight, calculando el color predominante en cada seccion de la imagen. Tambien la he usado para temas de deep learning, pero muy por encima. Me ah facilitado bastente el seccioanr la imagen en otras imagenes mas pequeñas siempre con muy buenos resultado optimizados incluso con una resolucion 2k (1440p)

What Python Package solution do you use?

pillow python review by Lewis F.
Lewis F.

"Required tool for image processing"

What do you like best?

Pil or pillow is a package in python specifically used to read images into numpy array and manipulate the image as required.It can be used for various purposes like reshaping the image or cropping the sides.As well as various computer vision approaches like histogram analysis,b/w conversion can be applied on any image using pillow.In short it is one utility package for computer vision.

What do you dislike?

Nope it is one of the required Utility package for python especially for image processing and computer vision.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes I would say that pillow is an utility package which can be used to perform various operations on image in the form of numpy array.Due to so many functionalities it provide as well as lite in weight package,I recommend you to use pillow for mainly preprocessing of images.

I am Machine learning engineer and have expertise in CNN so when ever I like to preprocess images to be used in any CNN architecture I prefer using pillow because it works well on server and is lite weight as well as performs all the required operations, so I prefer using pillow.

pillow python review by Daniel S.
Daniel S.

"Read Images into numpy array easily"

What do you like best?

Pillow for python is a very good library to consider for reading images into array and that too numpy array so that it is easy to manipulate and deal with image data.The way in which it reads the image is so robust that the image can be read much faster.It also allows you to save the numpy array back to image through its own function which is also a good feature and you can manipulate images through this single library and save the image also.

What do you dislike?

It does require some more features but at current stage it is cool to have it read the images.If it adds some more image processing features than it would be a very good addon.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a good library for dealing faster with image data and process it and save the array back to the image very easily.This library is open-source as very as very lite and so it can be easily used with your application and will not add any load to it.This is why I recommend using pillow for image reading and writing in production.

At our company we require to work on image processing and computer vision based applications and for that we have to deal with bunch of image data and for that no other library is as good as pillow to read and write the images.I have used it for a long period till now and have found it to be a very useful library for computer vision.

pillow python review by Sammy M.
Sammy M.

"Python library to generate images for financial workflow"

What do you like best?

Python pillow, or the imaging library, is a great way to turn raw data from whatever source you work on into a great stream of usefulness when I need to generate invoices or other data that is necessary for my job.

What do you dislike?

Pillow is an open source library so it is sometimes hard to know exactly what I'm doing unless I use stackoverflow or google to find out how to do a certain task.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This python pillow package is great if you have a team of engineers who can read and figure out what's going on in the nitty gritty details of the software. It's free to use and cost is on you to implement.

Python Pillow imaging library allows me to at a low cost, take data and save it into an image that can be sent out to both customers and used internally.

pillow python review by Dhruv  B.
Dhruv B.

"Best library to load our photos "

What do you like best?

Very quick to install the library, so much options in manipulating (transparency, masking, sharpening etc)

What do you dislike?

Absolutely nothing to dislike. It even supports gif ,bmp images along with jpeg , png files. Amazing

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is the best known library for image manipulation, data scientists all over the world have been using it.

I am now able to run my face recognition model on python with the help of pillow library. It helps me load, manipulates images in no time.

pillow python review by User

"Pillow Python review "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of Pillow Python for my business needs. We utilize the resource pretty regularly given that our website and consumer platforms need to be regularly changed depending on the season. This platform provides as an easy way to make changes without sacrificing any information.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the changes that we make are not updated right away and it takes a bit longer to appear on the website.

We have solved a multitude of business problems as we no longer need to contract with third parties to change our websites. It’s provided us an ease of use that no other product has provided before

pillow python review by User in Computer Software

"Pillow Python goes beyond the standard PIL library"

What do you like best?

Pillow python is simply better PIL. We import it as PIL (as a drop in replacement). Whats great is that it supports more image formats and is more efficient.

What do you dislike?

Its an improvement on the standard PIL, so there is not much to complain about. Hoping to see this replace PIL completely as the default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use Pillow instead of PIL, it will soon be the default. So, makes you future proof.

Image processing for the backend systems for the user uploaded images to the webserver.

pillow python review by Saurin  S.
Saurin S.

"One of the best"

What do you like best?

To be able to manipulate images easily which is very much helpful for my research purposes

What do you dislike?

It could be upgraded to add more functions which are convenient to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

pretty easy to use

Manipulating Images for research purposes and that is done pretty easily

pillow python review by User in Medical Practice
User in Medical Practice

"Great and powerful imaging software!"

What do you like best?

Pillow is super easy to use but also pretty powerful! It is a well maintained software!

If you need something to help with the basics, like cropping or adding a watermark, it definitely with that!

What do you dislike?

I would said it isn't as advanced as another software may be but it is still pretty good generally.

I use it primarily for cropping, adding watermarks, resizing, and rotating (just to name a few).

pillow python review by Amy  S.
Amy S.

"Pillow Python takes the sleep out of work"

What do you like best?

Reads formats and offers image support to all

What do you dislike?

I cant really think of anything that I would change right now

Allowing us to utilize formats better for smoother operations

pillow python review by Amber W.
Amber W.

"Great files"

What do you like best?

Great source of images with even greater power to manipulate them.

What do you dislike?

It's a little complicated behind the scenes.

We are using better, much more high quality dynamic images.

pillow python review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Good product"

What do you like best?

The user friendly capabilities, online support and 24/7 customer service

What do you dislike?

Some features seem to be outdated so i would like more updates.

I have not found many issues. I have benefited from the ease of the program.

Learning about pillow python?

* We monitor all pillow python reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.