MapAnything

An Integrated Mapping and Geo-Productivity Tool | Leverages customer data and the power of "where" to streamline critical business processes and maximize revenue.

Work for MapAnything?

Learning about MapAnything?

MapAnything Reviews

Ask MapAnything a Question
Showing 203 MapAnything reviews
MapAnything review by Rich V.
Rich V.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about MapAnything
MapAnything review by Brian W.
Brian W.

"Great product"

What do you like best?

MapAnything is very easy to use. It provides a lot of flexibility with the data already within your Salesforce org. We continuously learn daily new features and functionality. Our account management team is great and continues to educate us and apply the product to specific use cases we have.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we don't like is the ability to plot specific postal codes to make a specific territory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research. We were looking at two different products but MapAnything came prepared for the conversation. They understood our use cases and within 15 min on the phone with a demo, they showed us how their tool can solve all of our use cases, not to mention how easy the tool is to set up and navigate.

All of our sellers and service teams are territory based. This allows us to ensure our teams are within the same territory geographically to maximize our time in front of the client and minimum driving time.

What Field Sales solution do you use?

MapAnything review by Robin S.
Robin S.

"The Mapping Solution for Drivers and Sales Reps"

What do you like best?

Map Anything allowed my company to have a single place to look at routes for our trucks and service areas for our sales people. They were always happy to help us navigate and improve our instance. The connection with Salesforce was really important to us and having that seamless interaction between our accounts and the map led to a lot of connections that our reps could visually see and take action.

What do you dislike?

MapAnything folder organization would be the only area where improvement could be made. The drill down folder method works well for a small environment but a complaint from the field was not being able to find a folder or route because it took too many clicks to locate. The security settings and hiding abilities were very black and white and restricted whole directories or nothing at all which caused confusion because restricting a single folder from a user could only be done at a top level.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take as much time as you need to make sure that it is the right solution for you. There are a lot of things that you can do with the program and you should not jump in if it is too much for your organization.

Truck Routing and Sales Territory Creation were the biggest solved problems. The functions greatly increased speed and delivery of services and helped us to find efficiencies in the organization. Having the team be able to quickly find locations and understand where they were going or what area belonged to them increased confidence in how they were doing there job. The Google Map overlay gave our users something familiar and up to date as opposed to custom mapping software which rarely gives guide points.

MapAnything review by Daniel D.
Daniel D.

"MapAnything is the best way I stay organized when planning my "

What do you like best?

MapAnything allows me to plan my days, weeks, and months in the field and gives me the tools I need to be the most productive in each part of my territory.

What do you dislike?

No complaints here! The product works exactly as it should to help me prioritize my day with each part of my territory. I am still working to further customize some of the functions to my specific territory. The more I use it the better I have gotten at it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for any sales team!

It helps me cut down on time spent in each different part of my very large territory. It gives me quick access to accounts who may not be on the top of my mind and let me see who and where I can get to in a given call cycle. It allows me to customize accounts by type, size, and accounts I have seen or not seen in each quarter.

MapAnything review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"It goes beyond being a routing tool."

What do you like best?

The sheer fact that MapAnything can help an account manager see what's important to them on a screen and plan it out on a calendar that is part of the ecosystem is a huge win. Our initial use case for getting MapAnything was to help with new hires coming in and being introduced to a new territory. As reps have become more fluent in their territory and how to get there, we've seen a stronger need for showing visual data insights which MapAnything does well. We want the reps in the field to have a lot of empowerment. The only expectation is to have their week planned in advance. The MapAnything scheduling feature allows the reps to pull up all the data while they are in the office - the reps can easily see key customer attributes and product data which allows them to make smart business decisions. Another big perk is the support MapAnything has for enterprise organizations. This was a big +1 during our vendor selection phase since we do have a global instance.

What do you dislike?

Creating layers has a learning curve to it, especially if you have a complex org with data spread across several objects. If anything could use a UX update, it would be the layer creation in general. While it is functional today, folks that don't have an average level of data structuring might have a hard time piecing data elements together.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a strong understanding of the business case this tool will serve beyond getting to person there. Prior to MapAnything we had reps using Google maps, Waze, etc...if you just need to get to a single location there are plenty of options. The key thing is understanding the insights an account manager needs to make smarter decisions on who to sell to and why. Trial and error is the best way to test the waters, don't be afraid to experiment since you really can't break anything. Make sure you have someone that understands your CRM data which makes layer creation easier.

The biggest gain so far is the scheduling feature for sure. Depending on the country, we did have legacy tools to help planning a day but the use case was more for a delivery truck versus a person doing sales calls. We have gotten a lot of really good feedback about the scheduling feature and when you combine that with map data it's really valuable. For example, we heard one use case in the Midwest where there was some rough weather, the account manager used MapAnything to see weather warnings due to tornadoes and he was able to quickly replan and reroute based on map data. We've heard the classic use case of customers not being available and MapAnything providing insights to other customers in the area so it's not time wasted. A great use case is being able to see product that are being undersold for whatever reason, the account manager can factor that into his day. Essentially the product helps us to not leave money on the table and provide a higher level of customer service - which is expected these days.

MapAnything review by Paul W.
Paul W.

"Our new prospecting tool!"

What do you like best?

MapAnything has been a great tool for our sales team to go out and interact with prospects. They draw routes like they never have before and fill in key data to follow up later. This is entirely better than what we were doing before! Our sales team is really excited to dig into this, and our sales blitzes just became entirely more effective with one application with all of our Salesforce.com data behind it.

What do you dislike?

There are pieces in which are a bit clunky, like jumping in and out of sites to fill in this data, or having to work outside of the app while in the mobile setting to actually get to the location of the customer. The ideal situation would be for one seamless experience with one application which if it needed to interact with others in the background, it would just do natively.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Know what you want before you start loading data. If you are a Salesforce.com user, make sure your data is clean and consistent.

We have a plan of attack to prospecting now as opposed to just driving around like we were doing before. This will save our team a week a month in cold-calling and prospecting. Being able to plug all of our data directly into Salesforce.com and having all of the data match up perfectly is so key to our success with this product. When we were looking for a tool that compliments everything else were were doing, this was the clear winner.

MapAnything review by User

"Very useful to map my customer"

What do you like best?

I can see all my customer and prospect in a unique view.

It's perfect for me to organize my business trip

Very good integration on SFDC with a complete view in the account

Very easy to create filters with multiple combination.

Big community with a lot of help, it's also something complicate because you can loose som times to search answers to your questions

What do you dislike?

Sometimes mapping and routes are not very easy to make

A lot of filter and conbination

It's not easy to export some trip

Calendar extension is not very user friendly

Weather extension for france don't work very well or not very realistic, it's also the same for trafic.

The possibility to have an extension to google maps or something like this or possibility to export directly to the GPS of my car will be also perfect

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider the ease of use

Unknown prospect very easy to found with the overview, and the link direct to sfdc is perfect to view the account. With that I spend less time to organize my business trip

I have increased my number of visit weekly visit with the use of this tool, I have also discover some customer you don't think about. You can also check the moment of the last visit you made to a certain customer and be ok with the check of this account.

I also perfect to made effeicient trip and organize, it's seems less kilometers and fuel for the company.

MapAnything review by Mark B.
Mark B.

"A momentary lapse of mapping "

What do you like best?

The map anything application is accessible within my Salesforce application. It can be used to map a route to each appointment if they are scheduled correctly. The “Take me there” button is useful.

What do you dislike?

When I need to check into an appointment, I click and wait and wait and click, to create a map with a number for each stop on the map. I click on the number and check in. I fo in to the pharmacy and do work. If It’s an hour or more between check in and check out, my created map is dead. I am forced to do all the clicking and waiting again to create a map again just to check out. Wasted time.

This is an extra step to track our routes and box counts, which seems redundant. Maybe a benefit is sales notes and tracking, but that could be done easier in a different app.

MapAnything review by LEYNA H.
LEYNA H.

"Edmentum's sales team saves time and money with MapAnything"

What do you like best?

The ability for our sales and service teams to plan routes and view customers and prospects in specific areas - anything you can report on in Salesforce, you can map using MapAnything!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any downsides. They have been fabulous to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your due diligence, but in my opinion, MapAnything is the cream of the crop.

Edmentum needed an easier way to assign and realign sales territories. Our sales and services teams needed a tool to help them plan routes and view customers and prospects in specific areas.

Edmentum uses MapAnything to assign and realign territories for over 400 Salesforce Users. Its sales team uses MapAnything to view customers and prospects in their territories and plan transit routes.

The successful use of MapAnything by the sales team led to the Implementation team using MapAnything for scheduling on-site trainings. The Product marketing team is also adopting MapAnything as a tool to help with marketing campaign management.

Check out our full story in the video at https://mapanything.com/customers/edmentum

MapAnything review by User

"A true time saver and great sales tool."

What do you like best?

The ease of use. The ability to search for current customer and filter by different criteria helps to target our Pardot emails effectively. I train new sales reps and the ability to have a map with who your customers are is invaluable since it can take lots of time to learn a new territory, this makes that process super simple.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is really poor. Not typically a big deal since we don't use it to navigate on the road, but it leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You better have your CRM in good shape, or else it is not worth your time. This is not a knock on MapAnything at all, just a requirement to have a database with current info.

Where are my customers. What do they have. How do I effectively schedule travel to make sure I can stay on schedule. This is 100% used for trip planning and targeted emails.

MapAnything review by Diamond S.
Diamond S.

""MapAnything Review""

What do you like best?

The sheer actuality that MapAnything can help a record supervisor see what's essential to them on a screen and plan it out on a date-book that is a piece of the environment is an immense success. The MapAnything planning highlight enables the reps to pull up every one of the information while they are in the workplace - the reps can without much of a stretch see key client qualities and item information which enables them to settle on savvy business choices. Ultimately the help is amazing. They have been very useful and have connected ordinarily to ensure we are dealt with and are using the majority of its highlights.

What do you dislike?

This product is great and supportive. We've nothing to dislike about software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Format your necessities first with the goal that you have the majority of your utilization cases distinguished so the MapAnything group has every one of your needs to give their phenomenal client administration.

With MapAnything we have had the capacity to make proficient and powerful route management accordingly improving consumer loyalty and benefit at a lesser time interim.

MapAnything review by Jen W.
Jen W.

"Invaluable tool for my team when it works"

What do you like best?

I love how complete the reporting is! I can pull reports with all types of filters and requirements that meets the needs of my reps. It's an amazing tool for all of our event processes.

What do you dislike?

Recently, it's been very buggy. We're finding issues with saving queries along with a number of other issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's a wonderful tool, but make sure it integrates completely with whatever your CRM is.

We're able to focus our efforts in specific events and specific markets. It makes us way more informed about what's happening in the area, and how to target our accounts that are geographically relevant.

MapAnything review by Ryan S.
Ryan S.

"What it does really helps me, but there are some problems with how it works and navigation"

What do you like best?

Map Anything allows me to find Leads, Contacts, and Accounts in our database in a specific area for marketing purposes

What do you dislike?

There are some ways in which things aren't clear (e.g. Weather maps that are color coded without a key to the meanings of the colors) and some places where the features or navigation aren't clear. Also, occasionally bugs prevent things from functioning

For instance: if there is a storm in a certain area I use the storm map layer to find contacts in the specific storm area. I don't think Map Anything realizes the marketing potential for this feature in my industry

MapAnything review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"Great for users, administration side could do with polishing"

What do you like best?

For end users the tool is easy to use and powerful. From an administrative and support perspective the tool is easy enough to implement and embed within Salesforce pages. MapAnything support team is responsive and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The administration side of it is "clunky" and doesn't flow well, granting permissions is not very intuitive.

Have had some issues with geocoding where if you plot the same address on google it is plotted accurately vs being inaccurate on MapAnything.

Reducing travelling distances for sales account managers, prompting them to visit nearby sites when on visits to increase customer contact and reduce travel costs.

MapAnything review by C. J. R.
C. J. R.

"Very useful tool for your business"

What do you like best?

I've been a MapAnything customer since 2014. I love that they continually listen to customers ideas for use cases. Their willingness to add features and functionality to the tool is great! Being able to visualize your sales and customer data on a map is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I can think of is the learning curve is a little steep to fully utilize the tool to its maximum potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It

Outside sales rep daily sales routes. Sales territory planning. Territory planning and mapping. Route operations and optimization. Visualizing data helps uncover opportunities and strategically plan as our company grows.

MapAnything review by User

"Robust but needs refining for the occasional user"

What do you like best?

Pin view of where my accounts are located, and how I can pick to include certain types/sizes of accounts in my view. It makes it really easy to understand the layout of the area I am visiting and where the businesses are located.

What do you dislike?

You cannot optimize your route if you have set meeting at certain times. For example let's say I want to visit 5 accounts in an area but I have a set appt at 10am with company A and I want to go see company A first but the optimized route has company A as the last stop. I would be nice to optimize only part of the route while being able to set up certain stops at certain times.

Drive time savings and more efficient coverage of account visits. It also helps me determine if a business is worth chasing due to the area it's in or the fact that it may be a residence and not an actual business office.

"LOVE MapAnything!"

What do you like best?

The "Optimize Route" feature is my favorite aspect of MapAnything. I can plug in the schools I want to visit and have the best route laid out for me in just minutes. I also love the colored map pins that differentiate between my current accounts and my prospect accounts. I also like the fact that I can map several different routes with similar data and have the ability to save those particular routes for different dates.

What do you dislike?

I wish the mobile app of Salesforce allowed me to use the MapAnything a little more efficiently. It's too hard to use in that realm. I find the laptop version to be much more user-friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best tool I've ever used for optimizing routes with assessment of time management between stops. I also love the colored map pins used to determine which records are current accounts and which are prospect accounts.

Best use of my time (and gas!). Best benefits = time management with time between stops in my territory.

MapAnything review by Scott W.
Scott W.

"More than Maps"

What do you like best?

First off- MapAnything is a comprehensive solution. We have tons of things we really like and use alot. The ability to make a perimeter based on driving time is a huge, awesome feature. The second is the ability to search for keywords and have them populate the map. That feature, and click to create buttons are great tools for prospecting. Lastly- the support is awesome. They have been super helpful and have reached out many times to make sure we are taken care of and are utilizing all of its features.

What do you dislike?

As with all powerful tools, it can be daunting to learn all of its features. It would be cool to have an online learning platform like salesforce trailhead to fully learn all of its features. The ability to export with hyperlinks would be great as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you block out some time to learn the tool.

We are prospecting better, and creating location based customer and prospect lists. We have had an easier time compared to our old mapping tool, and have alot more flexibility with options now.

MapAnything review by Jonathon S.
Jonathon S.

"Helping us "see" our data"

What do you like best?

The feature I like best is the ability to filter a query to the exact dataset that I am studying/analyzing. I have been able to get as granular as necessary for the projects assigned to me. Additionally, the ability to layer one query over another to analyze proximity has been a big benefit to my organization.

What do you dislike?

To date, the only feature that feels missing is the ability to print a map for inclusion in reports or presentations. It is easy enough to use screen shots, but seems to be an unnecessary step.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a bit of a learning curve to get up and running.

MapAnything helped us to plan out new program locations based on the home addresses of the individuals in our programs. We were able to identify several central locations within a reasonable distance to the individuals we support. As a result, we are able to more efficiently and effectively provide services. Future projects will involve studying how best to connect individuals to businesses/employers in their communities.

MapAnything review by Jake Rasmussen, D.
Jake Rasmussen, D.

"Stellar Product, Amazing Team"

What do you like best?

This is a powerful app. In marketing, data and strategy are the most important pieces of the puzzle. MayAnything allows for you to interact with your data in such a way that you can rock your strategy. The team at MapAnything is awesome too. They jump on screen shares to help you along the way.

What do you dislike?

There is a bit of a learning curve which is mitigated from the outstanding team at MapAnything. You are only able to get drive times within a window, meaning we are unable to get drive times for over 4.5hrs. We would like to have 8 hours. The availability of demo support is a little tight. They clearly are a growing company providing a great service.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give the demo a try. If you have location based needs, this is the right app to use!

Data visualization, creating custom lists of our data based on geotargeting. We have been able to target our marketing efforts in ways we have never been able to do before. We can interact with any object data in Salesforce in order to create reports which normally would take us a long time to build in Salesforce.

MapAnything review by Bradley W.
Bradley W.

"No hassles - does exactly what it says on the tin."

What do you like best?

As an admin, I appreciate that the product is easy to manage. I almost never get calls from users about the product, even though I know they use it a lot.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. It pretty much is what it is. It is sensitive to address standardization quality, but there is only so much they can do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pair this product with a good address validation/standardization tool. If you use HEDA, be aware of how the HEDA model manages/implements multi-address functionality.

Geolocation helps us to calculate distance from campus, which feeds into our predictive modeling. It is also very useful for our recruiters in the field to plan their itineraries.

MapAnything review by Administrator

"Great tool that can be better"

What do you like best?

The visual nature of the tool makes it most effective. The best tool for creating reports from salesforce for your sales staff. The ability to layer multiple reports over each other can be very powerful.

What do you dislike?

I want the calendar in SF to link to my google calendar so I can see my routes that I saved. Next I want to see the ability to create spreadsheets that reflect only the overlapping marker points when I layer to reports over each other.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need a dedicated manager of the tool that can keep it up to date and make changes as necessary to accommodate business needs

We are showing salespeople task needs and up sell opportunities. The mapping shows which customers need attention and which ones to attack first.

MapAnything review by Kerstin K.
Kerstin K.

"MapAnything is an innovative, engaging company to work with"

What do you like best?

I love their product. Simple and easy to use with a sleek UI to make routing and planning more efficient

What do you dislike?

The only thing I would say I dislike is the change of reps on our account, where I know this is part of the process, not sure how well the information is transferred from rep to rep on our account.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say this is a great tool not only for your sales team but as an Admin I love it! Makes my job easier as well.

We are solving routing and frequency issues in terms of our sales team in the field. We are also now realizing the other opportunities we have and can easily see them visually on the map. The major benefit would be the visual aspect! Who doesn't like colorful visual reports!?

MapAnything review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Field Reps Utilize When Needed Most"

What do you like best?

The convenience of creating queries and driving routes from both a desktop and mobile environment. The UI is very easy to navigate throught and most importantly, its integration with Salesforce.com.

What do you dislike?

Their are times when creating maps becomes a burden when you are not able to save them in order to retrieve them for later. Or the ability to share a mapanything type file with other users, e.g., a sales rep manager.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, very intuitive, customer support is by far the best and MapAnything continues to be innovative. They provide many online tutorials and live how to seminars: MapAnything University. They make it easier and easier to use the application and providing more tools within the application itself.

We are quickly able to plot a sales reps salesforce.com records to visualize what their territories look like. By creating various zones, a sales rep can effectively target areas without guessing where he or she haven't visited the last time. This increases a sales rep confidence in ensuring all their clients are obtaining the necessary attention to ensure a better customer relationship.

MapAnything review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Great for mapping boundaries"

What do you like best?

Ability to map boundaries for sales reps in their respective regions. Draw ing out the dif regions easily using map anything was helpful because it allowed for minor changes or enhancements that the user community needed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much, however it doesn't seem to work 100% across various browsers.

Map boundaries for sales reps. Some reps go down to the postal code/zip in some areas and detailing this out in territory rules in salesforce would be difficult.

"MapAnything Reivew"

What do you like best?

MapAnything is a convenient tool for our Sales reps to quickly locate directions to potential customers. Our Customer Success Agent was also very knowledgeable regarding the product and when we had questions regarding the implementation of the new permission sets introduced last year, he was very clear and concise on which permission set did what and what kind of users should be allocated to the respective permission sets.

What do you dislike?

When integrating Lightning Experience for one of our business units, there were problems with the MapAnything managed package as the readiness document said that it was not lightning compatible. There were also some issues regarding permissions sets with MapAnything where we had to reach out to the customer service rep.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations to others potentially looking to use MapAnything would be to reach out to a customer service rep from MapAnything and see if this tool would be right for your company. The service reps are very knowledgeable and can fill in any gaps of knowledge that you may have about the product and how it can benefit your company.

Sales rep can quickly locate the best route to take to potentially reach out to customers.

"Clean, straightforward, efficient"

What do you like best?

MapAnything shape layers are easy to create and edit, exporting data is a simple process, sales territories are applied directly to Salesforce customer records, routing and prospecting planning tools are so valuable to field sales staff.

What do you dislike?

Only a couple small things I don't like: the labels for shape layers aren't dynamic, so when zoomed in on a large shape the label may not display. When editing a shape layer made up of U.S. counties there are no labels displaying the county names.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If using MapAnything for true territory management, the analytics package is a must-have.

We've more closely connected our sales staff with their customers and prospects. Now the sales teams are able to see the geography that makes up their sales territories in order to work more efficiently. MapAnything is connected to Salesforce customer records making the process to document sales calls much simpler, which boosts sales funnel visibility benefiting the entire business unit.

MapAnything review by Schafer  S.
Schafer S.

"Work smarter not harder! "

What do you like best?

I love that Map Anything shows me where prospects/customers are, and that I am able to filter them based on different business metrics. It has made following up with existing customers easier, and made finding prospects even easier. Being a field rep, it has drastically cut down on the amount of time it takes me to plan out my sales routes for each day.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike. Map Anything has been an amazing tool for me the last 11 months!

I am finding

MapAnything review by Consultant

"The key to business success"

What do you like best?

Being able to condense my customer accounts into one picture so that I can strategically give each the attention they deserve is a key to my success and its all thanks to MapAnything.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I find the platform to be wholesomely satisfying. No negative comments to give here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its important to sign up for a webinar or take time with an Admin to learn the tricks and trades of this tool. Like any good tech piece, it takes time to learn but once you can master MapAnything, the world of business is at your fingertips. Take the time and help yourself. You won't be disappointed by making MapAnything a foundation of your business.

Using MapAnything I can now focus on key territory regions that are blooming with product interest which ensures my ability to strike while the iron is hot.

MapAnything review by Mike C.
Mike C.

"Vice President, Sales"

What do you like best?

Terrritory management along with being able to quickly and easily draw and make new territories has been a huge timesaver for me. It used to take me weeks to realign and configure new territories. Now it only takes me a few hours.

What do you dislike?

Because I have over 4,000 different stores to map out it sometimes is a little frustrating due to the load time on my computer. I’m sure this is probably just on my end though because of the processor speed of my computer.

I have been able to more easily identify opportunities along with any hotspot challenges for my team. Our sales have increased with this planning tool.

MapAnything review by Sabina  P.
Sabina P.

"Helpful tool, UX needs work"

What do you like best?

MapAnything gets granular and allows for a lot more focus on our data. We can choose whatever objects we want to map and this allows us to see the relationships between accounts, calls and both shelf and stocking information.

What do you dislike?

ce1 thing) the Map Anything App is a "white screen". The main problem is that I wanted this to be a tool for my sales staff to use and the process has been "painful" along the way. I have repeated emails from Map Anything that show that I tried "very hard".The notion of "adding" another app to the workflow to my staff is not the UX I am looking for. . The biggest thing is I have a low adoption rate due to the fact that the product doesn't work with the calendar (routes) when you type in account it finds it, but it might not be the account in the account's object...it might be from google.com.

apAnything is more than maps and places to stay. With route optimization, travel time, travel distance and other variables to set proximity centers that also refine your search, this tool is SMART. It not only does routes and planning assistance, it helps you see where your points of interest are located in a heat map capacity. It is truly a great tool and has so much more to offer than routing.

MapAnything review by Bill P.
Bill P.

"Great productivity tool with a learning curve "

What do you like best?

You can put in as much or as little detail with marker layers as needed. Map Anything helps my reps plan their day of meetings layering current customers, prospects, vendors and partners with clearly differentiated markers, allowing them to better focus on areas with more account concentration

The amount of support is great with their weekly training webinars for both admins and users.

What do you dislike?

Map Anything has a high learning curve. As an experienced Salesforce admin, I had a hard time understanding how to create and plot marker layers and needed to take the 101 and 102 webinars to truly understand how to best use the app to help my users.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not as useful for newer Salesforce customers that may not have a lot of data. Once you gather a lot of data, this app is very valuable to help you filter your data and plot it the way you want on the map. I would also recommend to look at this tool as not only a sales tool, but a great marketing and ops planning tool. You want to be where your customers are and this is a great way to look at where your gaps are as a company.

Lastly, ensure that your admin has time to learn Map Anything first. This isn't an app that would get immediate adoption, and requires training

My reps have been able to better plan their travel days based on filtered marker layers, as well as help us identify parts of the country where we need more of a presence.

MapAnything review by Steven R.
Steven R.

"Allowed us to find some hidden gem customers"

What do you like best?

The ability to see our customers not by name, organization name, or even by zip code but instead visually. We didn't realize that we had a number of customers who were located within easy driving distance of some customers we were already planning to meet with and so we were able to add visits to those "hidden" customers.

What do you dislike?

I wish that we could purchase one user license. We were forced to purchase two even though we have only one person who travels to meet with customers.

We wanted to make our business trips to meet with customers more efficient by meeting with all of our customers who were in certain metros all in one trip.

MapAnything review by Greg S.
Greg S.

"Time Saver"

What do you like best?

i like best the ease of plugging in the requirements and getting multiple ways to analyze my data. A real game changer for reporting.

What do you dislike?

not being able to use a report in Salesforce to use as my data source. I imagine I am not the only one hoping for this feature but it is not a show stopper.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

being able to use Salesforce Reports and Queries as the data source

Visual mapping of donors and clustering the data for a better idea for events. The biggest benefit is the fact that we didn't know what we were missing until we started using MapAnything. Now that we see what we can do...possibilities now are expanded.

MapAnything review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Finding Specialists with MapAnything"

What do you like best?

Mapanything's ease use, commute data and list views are features we use on a regular basis. The heat map is a valuable tool for our ability to communicate our needs and strengths to potential donors, hogh schools and universities. MapAnything allows us to represent our Salesforce data in an elegant, graphic fashion.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more detailed training videos on specific functions

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Before you sign up for the trail, create your use case and map to those requirements. It makes the process much easier

We are a small nonprofit that works with large corporations like SAP and IBM to find full time jobs for high functioning autistic people in their companies. When a company decided to start a pilot program, in Lansing, Michigan, for example, we use MapAnything with Salesforce to assist us in finding the people with the right skill set in commuting distance from the office site.

MapAnything review by James R S.
James R S.

"Must have app for outside sales reps"

What do you like best?

MapAnything features a wide range of capabilities for salespeople and managers, opening up increased effectiveness for outside sales. The mapping tools can also be used in creative ways to assist with Salesforce administrative tasks that revolve around regions.

What do you dislike?

So far we have had nothing but a positive experience with MapAnythign. If there are any performance issues, the support staff has been quick to work on solving those issues while communicating directly with our team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Never hesitate to reach out to MapAnything support. They can provide assistance in troubleshooting technical issues and helping with use cases.

Our primary use for MapAnything has been trip planning for our outside sales staff, but we have also used it in planning out territories for our reps. The tool has allowed us to see how much income we receive from a territory and adjust boundaries as needed.

MapAnything review by Administrator

"Nice features, a little bit of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

The visual display of information and cross tabulated info is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Importing the data sets for various locations can be a pain if you don't have the data in a perfect state before loading.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MapAnything is a great tool for those that are using Salesforce, as it ties in so nicely. It makes it easy for our sales team members to use the tool without having a lot of technical experience. It also has been a great tool for assigning territories based on client locations (say for clients that have facilities in 6 different states). And for the executive team, it gives us a quick look at the set up without having to read long documents that may not clearly layout what MapAnything shows so clearly.

We use it to compare markets and our operational overlaps so see efficiencies in staffing and resources.

MapAnything review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"MapAnything: Necessary Tool for Increasing Selling Performance"

What do you like best?

MapAnything gives us the ability to improve our existing sales processes and the simplicity of the tool makes for a seamless integration.

What do you dislike?

The # 1 improvement would be to allow us to import/use existing SFDC reports vs. having to rebuild similar map layers from scratch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Like any new tool, plan your role-out and work you plan. This takes training and followup to increase the value of your expected ROI.

MapAnything gives us the ability to visualize opportunities and vulnerabilities in our market that at a spreadsheet can't. This has allows us to create a more thorough and systematic approach to covering territories and product lines.

MapAnything review by Joe R.
Joe R.

"Good tool to use"

What do you like best?

The ability to create routes and be organized on a daily weekly and monthly basis

What do you dislike?

Seems I have to log out and log back in constantly in order to use my routes in Maps, I have an iOS device and it seems to freeze up on a consistent daily basis

It allows me to plan and organize my week more efficiently

MapAnything review by Steven M.
Steven M.

"MapAnything a sales managers dream"

What do you like best?

MapAnything allows my inside team to schedule and plan around anchor meetings - by seamlessly working with salesforce.com our account data and contacts allow for efficient call planning routes.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see better heat map and mapping front end interfaces in general. I tend to lose control of the map when I select account detail

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a GEO based sales account planning team and or an inside sales group this tool is a must - we are much more efficient in the way we plan our business

We have solved account assignments, GEO and territory plans and region forecast data

MapAnything review by Natalie D.
Natalie D.

"Makes life easier"

What do you like best?

The most helpful aspect of MapAnything is that it's a time-saver. I"m able to locate accounts within a particular drive time of another without having to plug each address into Google Maps. Easy comparisons of various layers on-screen. Able to view a variety of different fields, as they pertain to system functionality usage for all customers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I don't have enough time to explore more of the functionality for a deeper understanding. I'd love to go to an actual class to learn more

Logistical comparisons are easy to make. The program saves me tons of time.

MapAnything review by Administrator

"MapAnything for Field Sales"

What do you like best?

We use MapAnything for Field Sales and they are able to check in and out of locations with ease to record their activity and when and how much they pick up.

What do you dislike?

The layers seem to be confusing for people to manage themselves. They are constantly messing up the layers and asking us to fix or why it happened.

Custom button sets must be assigned each time I add a new MapAnything user.

We're using MapAnything to log Service Events with customers. We are rolling out MapAnything Guide to help the Field Sales Team with their schedules.

MapAnything review by Rose D.
Rose D.

"It has been an awesome experience. "

What do you like best?

I have a very large territory, Map Anything allows me to be efficient with my time while making sure I see all of my Top 25/35/& prospects.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be difficult to zoom in and out while trying to add accounts to my route.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want your sales reps to be efficient with their time, this tool is necessary.

Map anything shows me all of my accounts, so I am able to setup a productive work week. Most importantly it gives me the best route so I am efficient with my time while allowing me to focus on growing my business and helping my partners.

MapAnything review by Shannon H.
Shannon H.

"MapAnything had made our events more effective!"

What do you like best?

I work in University Admissions, and MapAnything has helped us to make our events more effective! Now, instead of inviting all of a certain zip code, city or state, we can invite students within an hour radius. Thanks MapAnything!

What do you dislike?

Their reps call a lot to make sure things are good (...which is not a bad thing at all. ;) )

We were wasting postage inviting students to events who would never be able to make the event work--MapAnything has streamlined our process!

"Time saver"

What do you like best?

Route planning and being able to focus on different tiers of prospects at any given time.

What do you dislike?

The app freezes quite a bit, Even when cell service is sufficient. Also, I cannot seem to get the app to default to use Google maps instead of my iPhone map.

I find the biggest benefit to be the time savings experienced when route planning. I can plan my targets around the area that I have any meetings scheduled. Being able to jump right to my prospects details in salesforce via map anything is definitely a plus.

MapAnything review by User

"Very useful tool for time management and a great 'on the go' tool for daily travel plans."

What do you like best?

I can quickly identify target accounts within core account areas and overlay a geographical outline to determine the YTD Revenue generated within that sector.

What do you dislike?

No true downsides to the program- it is very user friendly, and adaptable to customizing for each persons particular role. I do wish the mapping overlay would save automatically each time there is a change in the geographic sections.(I have learned to click the save button)

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

I am able to cover more customer sites in a shorter period of time. The best problem solver is time management.

MapAnything review by Leslie A. S.
Leslie A. S.

"Great visualization for territories"

What do you like best?

It is really easy to visualize patterns across different regions in an interactive way. It has helped us a lot with strategy around hiring and where to focus our resources.

What do you dislike?

The most obvious is that this is dependent on having accurate location data. I also wish it was a bit more user friendly for people who aren't tech-savvy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worth a try and applicable to most industries.

We use it for territory management and visualizations. It also helps solve strategic questions around where to hold events and different concentrations of customers.

MapAnything review by Sean R.
Sean R.

"Great way to map and visualize salesforce data"

What do you like best?

Since MapAnything sites on top of salesforce, you get easy access into any object or attribute you have in your org. This makes scaling very easy. You are able to share out map views to another user with just a few clicks. We just started using the route planning tool, for some of our field-based employees and the feedback has been great. The UX is pretty powerful.

What do you dislike?

The map zoom can be hard to use. It seems to only zoom in or out to certain "places" in the view. Sometimes the zoom is too far in, and you click to zoom out once and it is too far out. I wish I could get to that in between zoom place where the map is just like I want it. :) I also dont like that I cant share a map without screen grabbing it. I would like to be able to create a map and share it externally to someone not on the system, as read-only.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A great tool for bringing any of your salesforce data into view, from a geo-location perspective.

We needed a way to map locations of accounts to see how many are in a market and how they associate to one another. We also needed a way to lay other data sets on top so show additional associations. The tool allows us to be more powerful and impactful with our strategies.

MapAnything review by Jack M.
Jack M.

"This product saves time and money"

What do you like best?

We use the MapAnything tools to plan sales trips. This process used to take 4-5 hours of intense effort. It now takes 20 minutes. Huge savings for us in preparation and in optimizing the routes for calls.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything yet. The tool is easy to use. We are still learning the product and believe that there is more value to be found. It has already more than paid for itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product and is well-integrated with our main tool, SalesForce.com

Huge executive time savings in planning sales trips

"MapAnything is great"

What do you like best?

I like being able to look for the industries that work best with what I do. I can also eliminate those that don't work well.

What do you dislike?

With the information provided, many times you can't tell if the industry or sector is a good match for you to reach out to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check it every day. Use it to find good companies to work with and to help you know which companies aren't a good fit.

It helps find companies that I can work with instead of coming up with them on my own. Most of the information that I need is pre-filled.

Learn more about MapAnything

MapAnything Videos

Learning about MapAnything?

* We monitor all MapAnything reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.