LogMeIn Central

Helping people and businesses access their digital lives from virtually anywhere, on any device.

Work for LogMeIn Central?

Learning about LogMeIn Central?

LogMeIn Central Reviews

Ask LogMeIn Central a Question
Showing 147 LogMeIn Central reviews
Cedric B.
Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about LogMeIn Central
James H.

"Stable and accurate remote attention"

What do you like best?

The administration of applications and updates is an aspect that we use a lot, since from there it is easily reviewed that everything is in the latest version and working correctly.

You can also access the workstation remotely, so it is much easier to use, this is a great addition to the application. This remote access is usually quite stable, there are hardly any connection cuts or access failures, which is what I wanted from this program, stability in its operation.

On the other hand, connectivity improves with its application for Android and IOS, since through both you can also access and make changes and I think you have optimized it quite well.

What do you dislike?

The functionality of the user group must be better defined. I think it is a little complex to understand the permissions and privileges of each of the groups and it is also difficult to choose which group of users will be used for certain operations.

They should clarify and improve this functionality, since I consider it key to be able to manage each of the groups that are created within the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remote attention and support to users must be done quickly and accurately. LogMeIn Central allows that from any computer or from mobile applications you can attend and perform both support and management of updates and installations.

I think it is a good tool to improve the attention to users.

It is a tool that helps us to manage the updates of windows and certain applications and also to enable or disable antivirus installations, since all these aspects are managed in a simple way and more quickly, since it can be done in multiple groups of users and computers at the same time.

Remote support also means that we are able to help and resolve any problem or management that may be caused to a group of users. We can support both from computers and sometimes from mobile, because as I said before your apps for Android and IOS allow that support is also done efficiently from mobile phones.

What Endpoint Management solution do you use?

Yisroel b.

"a deceptive company "

What do you like best?

it is very business friendly and IT friendly you can manage accounts and assign permissions and based on the user just show up the pc's they need access to, and its easy to monitor updates and security preferences

What do you dislike?

the user interface on mobile devices like iPad and iPhone is not as user friendly as its competitors also the biggest downside is that they raise the prices tremendously each year

i started off with a 60% off to trick me into changing and now i am stuck with this logmein

Recommendations to others considering the product:

dont look at it if price is a factor but functionality it competes with others

i need multiple sales people on the road to access there pc's securely and efficiently, it kinda did the job, better from a pc then a tablet, as from a tablet the mouse and keyboard control is not so friendly

Ken L.

"Pricy, but does what it is designed to do very well"

What do you like best?

Logme is a great corporate solution for remote access to desk tops. We use it for both remote maintenance/screen sharing and to enable users to access their desktops from home. We found remote desktop access to be more efficient than giving users laptops or VPN to servers.

Use it for remotely logging into other desktops for various maintenance tasks, or for helpdesk.

Great features we like:

- Handles multiple monitors really well (especially if you map 2 remote to 2 locals)

- Seems pretty bandwidth efficient and smart enough to reconnect on dropped signal

- Works across nat on both ends

- Good logging capabilities

- Appears secure (2-factor authentication)

- Works well with AD

- Users can access their PC from a home PC or MAC- or even iPhone or Android

We occasionally use some of the features like file transfer or remote reboot, but I've found these too hard to explain to most users.

What do you dislike?

- Relatively pricy (but consider it worth it)

- No Chromebook client (I'd love to have loaner Chromebooks for users to check out to access their desktop machine when traveling

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Does what it does really well. Confusing product names.

- Enabling users to access their desktop machines when out of the office (we have some users who always work remotely and just use LogMeIn to get their desktop

- Helpdesk and remote maintenance

- Occasionally use file transfer or other features

Robbie M.

"Remote support anywhere"

What do you like best?

I like that logmein works on virtually any system and the the client app works on everything. We use this in the field with our android devices so that we can monitor our equipment when doing service with out having to run back and forth to the computer.

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I don't like about LogMeIn. Probably the only complaint I have is that some of our customers are starting to not allow logmein due to security concerns with PCI compliance. I believe that LogMeIn is more than secure, but unfortuanately they do not have the certifications that our clients are starting to require.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Logmein has many great features for remote support, it also has products like logmein rescue that can be emailed to a person and quickly allow them to give you remote control of their computer. LogMeIn rescue also lets you remote control smart phones LogMeIn has other great products as well such as Last Pass ( i use this daily ) and Hamachi ( a good quick vpn tool)

LogMeIn has enabled our company to be able to support multiple sites at one time versus needing to go to the site every time a customer had a problem. LogMeIn also supports multi level security and works directly with Last Pass for authentication. One of our biggest Clients uses logmein and has granteded us access to their account, everytime we need to connect it sends an email with a unique security code to prevent unauthorized use.

Tina D.

"Your favorite remote assistant to access all. "

What do you like best?

I like that it is so natural to utilize when I am out of the workplace and need access to my work area. It was steady and had the capacity to wake up remote machines from rest and log you in without composing in the secret key. It has spared my work life numerous multiple times when I need a report for my supervisor or data for my customer while working remotely. Above all, it is easy to install and setup.

What do you dislike?

It is kinda expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Regardless of kinda being expensive, it is a great solution. I would recommend that you distinguish what you have to do first and after that settle on the choice. It is perfect for direct remote access to your work areas or servers.

There has been moment remote access with extraordinary quality and highlight rich while not before computer(s). It has decreased overhead for planning remote sessions and furthermore refreshes. It diminishes the time need to keep up your PCs too.

Joe J.

"Reliable and versatile but it'll cost ya"

What do you like best?

I like that it just works. I don't typically have issues with the client itself, installation of the client or mass deployments. Performance of the software is very reliable. I can only think of 1-2 issues in the past 8-10 years and those issues were solved quickly.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, the price. This market segment has become disillusioned to what the value of remote access is. Every year when you negotiate your rate, it's a hard sell when you have hundreds of machines. Demanding tens of thousands of dollars for the product is pretty rough.

The only other thing I would say that is a negative for the product is that we can't have more than one tech in a machine at a time. This is a definite drawback to technical departments.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your homework. If you need a remote access software only, then this is an expensive application. There are alternatives like Splashtop or Teamviewer that may be a better fit for you. Don't let them use "all of the features" to sell you on their much inflated price. The extra features are really lacking in maturity and won't be all that useful to you. There are better products out there to handle all the extras on the higher tiers of their service.

Remote access. We have tried a few different pieces of software for remote access and those packages leave a lot to be desired. Quick access to machines is a definite benefit to us.

Kevin C.

"Excellent remote access / Remote support program"

What do you like best?

The ability to access mores either through a browser or through an installed client is a benefit. Also the ability to perform a support session with a remote PC that does not have the client is also a benefit.

What do you dislike?

The cost is definitely a factor. There are many other remote support tools out there for less cost, but I'm not sure they offer all the same features in one package.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

N/A

We run several application on out central network where you actually have to me on the local LAN. Beside the remote support abilities that I personally get, this tool also lets my employees work from home or on the road with a laptop. and I don't have to worry about security.

Sam S.

"Quality Product that just works"

What do you like best?

Install and management of Central is easy for admin as well as end-users. Because of this users tend to use the product a lot

What do you dislike?

Users frequently get confused on what to do with the two logins. The first to authenticate to central, the second to authenticate the remote computer itself. I feel like the software spells this out pretty well, but unfortunately its still the biggest source of our support tickets.

remote access to computers and data from any device or location gives flexibility to end-users so they don't have to always go into the office to access needed data. We frequently see this solution used in multi-site environments, or when the end-users works one or more days a week from home.

Amanda D.

"Easy product to use..."

What do you like best?

This is a great concept to assist team members in getting access to different applications. Fantastic way to keep remote employees organized and get what they need.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have many dislikes. It's very easy to use from my perspective. I'm not our IT staff so I'm not involved. I'd say as a user I'd love have know a little more about the tool. In the email from my IT staff it would have been nice to get a little info about Log Me In, instead of just giving me a very minimalist approach.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'm removed from the internal IT process. But as a team member it's really easy to use when I get notifications from our internal staff about new resources I have to use.

An easy way for IT staff to access my computer to add solutions for me.

Emilie B.

"LogMeIn is ideal solution for working remotely"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use when I am out of the office and need access to my desktop. It has saved my work life many a times when I need a document for my boss or information for my client while working remotely.

What do you dislike?

They recently added a program to download to be able to access your computer as opposed to viewing it through your internet browser. The only problem with this can be downloaded something when there are restrictions on your computer that won't allow you to take this action.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend this business solution for IT support as well as personal use.

Our IT provider uses LogMeIn to solve our various computer problems remotely. This saves us the fee of having them come to our office to perform a simple task they can handle by just remoting into our computers. It also allows us to work outside of the office and handle work even when we are visiting clients, traveling for a conference, or just home with sick kids.

Anuradha W.

"I liked it better when their services were free and robust"

What do you like best?

They acquired my favourite VPN software, Hamachi. Hamachi is probably one of the best tools that serve my purpose of getting a static IP address for the machines in my VPN. I also really liked their LogMeIn remote desktop connection software. It had some really cool features which other products like TeamViewer didn't. It was stable and was able to wake up remote machines from sleep and log you in without typing in the password.

What do you dislike?

Hamachi software after the acquisition has become very unstable and some connections are very poor among the VPN. There are a lot of tunnelling issues and sometimes I have to always reinstall the Hamachi application to get it to work. Likewise, LogMeIn RDC software was free for a long time and they suddenly started charging users, which made me opt for other free options like TeamViewer (For Personal Use).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend their Remote Desktop software even though it was a bit pricey for us. It was so much better than other competitors in the market. Their features were unique and they were one of the first to provide remote desktop control via an Android Phone. I would also recommend LogMeIn Hamachi as a reliable VPN which needs some setting up to do with proper documentation.

I mainly use the LogMeIn Hamachi VPN software to get a static IP address for the clients in my VPN. This is really handy for a distributed system which needs machines to communicate via the internet. If it wasn't for LogMeIn Hamachi, I would have to pay a lot more for my ISP to get static IPs for the clients.

Un-attributed

"LogMeIn Centeral - Easy To Use Remote Access Tool"

What do you like best?

LogMeIn Central gives us a great dashboard and easy to use remote access tool to server our clients. It also allows us to create additional users to provide our client's users with remote access to their machine in a secure manner.

The tool is easy to install and push out to endpoints and also provides us some additional insight into the security of the machine. Also, the apps on IOS and Andorid allow us to access machines while on the go which is a great plus.

What do you dislike?

The only downside we have with the product is that the cost seems to go up year after year. It is a great product so we continue to spend the money.

LogMeIn central allows us to have a single dashboard for remote access into all the computers we manage for our clients. It gives us a one-stop shop for remote access and allows us to save time connecting to computers and providing support to users.

Lacey D.

"We use it daily"

What do you like best?

Easy of access. I love the Transfer File option. I don't have to log in to the the remote computer and disturb anyone using it if I just need to update a file. We have it on 11 devices.

What do you dislike?

I haven't had any major problems to complain about. Updates are fast, connection is good.

Extra paperwork needed from the restaurants, and they are too busy when I need it, so I can just log on and print it myself to my printer in the office. I can update phone lists, and excel formula files. Saves time, and helps when there is an issue that someone less computer savy can't fix.

Gordon M.

"Where convenience meets security"

What do you like best?

LogMeIn has evolved from humble beginnings (I was a customer way back, of the predecessor company) to be a powerhouse in remote management. They go to technological extremes to make sure its only me, logging into the devices I manage. Remote is quick and reliable under many different network conditions. I also love that I can invite a user to co-manage any subset of my devices under management.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, the only niggling feeling I get is when its time to pay for renewal. There are no inconvenience I experience during the year.

This product enables me to maintain a business across the world from my customers.

Hieu P.

"Endpoint management done right"

What do you like best?

You can somewhat use LogMeIn central as a way to track your computer assets. You're able to put notes and run updates remotely. You also can get alerts for very details things.

What do you dislike?

Mac support isn't all there. I'd like LogMeIn to support AD login with the Macs also. Another thing is that there is no option to remove the LogMeIn client when installing it on your endpoints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

LogMeIn can be beneficial if you are a small MSP. There are many great products out there but LogMeIn is probably one of the easiest to get started with in terms of setting up clients and endpoint installation.

LogMeIn can reduce overhead for scheduling remote sessions and also updates. It reduces the time need to maintain your computers also.

Conor L.

"One of the Better Remote Connection Support Tools"

What do you like best?

The stability of the application. LogMeIn adapts quite well to the perpetually changing environment of our user base. Change a computer name? No problem - LogMeIn will update its list accordingly. Assign the pc to a different user? Again no worries - LogMeIn makes it very easy to rename and track owners and their devices. Furthermore, if you have one of the more advanced subscriptions then you can deploy software packages and security updates via scheduled automated deployment tools.

What do you dislike?

Initial deployment is clunky and tedious on the lower end subscriptions (copy and paste a download link). However, the more advanced subscriptions offer more initial deployment options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're looking for a remote support solution - then you can't go wrong with LogmeIn. Even with its few shortcomings - there are very few contemporaries that offer the same functionality.

As an occasional IT desktop admin - LogMeIn is an invaluable tool which allows me to support far more users than I could ever do without. With the built in tools including a mobile app - I can support the user base from everywhere and anywhere.

AI
Un-attributed

"LogMeIn Central is a powerful, yet expensive tool for Managed Service Providers"

What do you like best?

Being able to control our 1300+ PCs in a quick and easy manner is the greatest asset to LogMeIn. Not only can you control them, but you can get in the backdoor and launch a registry editor, a command prompt, kill/start services, task manager, performance monitor, event viewer and more without even controlling the PC - meaning that the user is not disrupted. You can also schedule reboots, change user passwords, and all kinds of other stuff.

What do you dislike?

They raise the prices by a LOT every year. It used to be $5000 a year, and they jacked it up to $10,000 a couple years ago. The next year they raised it to $15,000. I'm sure they will continue to raise prices. We'll be priced out of this if it gets any more expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can lock down pricing for longer than a year, I would do so. Don't expect your introductory pricing to hold. If you can afford it, LogMeIn is a terrific tool. But if you are using another RMM tool like Autotask Endpoint, N-Able, Kaseya, etc., then you may not need this additional software.

Clients who are not on any kind of contract can still be added to the LogMeIn Central portal. Also, we're able to resell access to LogMeIn which helps offset costs. We have unattended access to computers so we can schedule work to be done when our clients are closed.

AP
Un-attributed

"Good tool for remote support, but has a lot of competition"

What do you like best?

It is great having an overview of the general security and AV health of my deployed devices. The latency when connecting to end-users seems fine even in lower bandwidth scenarios.

What do you dislike?

We are a small business, so I don't believe we have aged well as a buyer of this software. It is not always the fastest solution to implement and there are other competitors that are easier for users to set up when they need help. For example, adding desktop sharing to a Skype call is often a quicker approach to helping an end-user. Even using Logmein Rescue instead of Central is a bit easier. Eventually we will probably move to an endpoint-security software that can take over the centralized overview of our devices.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In my opinion it is better to have a centrally monitored AV software to limit the number of background programs on the device. Use an as-needed service like Logmein Rescue or Share Desktop on a chat program for remote support.

It is very useful for managing non-user devices, for example I use it to manage devices set up around the office that are displaying dashboard reports on monitors. I'm actually remotely troubleshooting notebooks less and less as our end-users start moving towards working more on phones and tablets.

Alan J.

"Robust remote access and asset control"

What do you like best?

Easy to use with a wide range of features. Can access all of my assets, provide remote service for my employees, manage patches, grant remote access to co-workers with ease. Very reliable.

What do you dislike?

Cost is always a factor, but on the whole I am very pleased with LogMeIn Central's solution.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try before you buy, make sure it does what you need it to do, because there is reasonable cost involved.

Need consolidated point for asset remote access which this supplies. Also makes updates and granting remote access to co-workers easy.

Jose O.

"Soporte Remoto efectivo"

What do you like best?

Logmein is one of the most effective and fastest remote access softwares in the market. For some time now, web support has been implemented where you can observe the inventory of the equipment configured in the logmein user.

What do you dislike?

What I do not like about Logmein is the high price which is made uphill both in the company and in private users. if they improved the price many users would implement said software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Logmein is a very good and efficient software, I recommend it since it is expensive for many users, it is used in large companies that can pay the high cost of the product.

In previous years I resolved many problems with clients, I used free versions, the benefits were satisfied clients and recommendations to attract new clients.

Greg R.

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

The best part is being able to fix problems from anywhere I'm at.

What do you dislike?

There is not much here that I dislike about the product other than the price has gone up considerably since I first started using it.

I have 9 locations throughout two states and our computer support company is in yet another state. It allows me to fix problems now instead of having to travel. It also allows me to help them on thier computer when mistakes have been made. It's a life saver.

Mike P.

"Great for managing users and machines"

What do you like best?

Makes it possible to put users and machines into groups and then manage the groups.

What do you dislike?

It can get expensive if you have a lot of machines to manage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a lot of machines on multiple offices and lots of people you need to manage, it's a great solution.

We have multiple offices and many customers with multiple machines. I can put each office in its own group and each customer in its own group and decide which office needs access to which customer.

Valerie C.

"Does what it needs to...slowly."

What do you like best?

UI is pleasant, and fairly user friendly.

What do you dislike?

It is slow as heck. I understand that remoting into another machine isn't a cakewalk, but the lag can make it seriously difficult to use unless I toss the graphics down to 90's level.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to evaluate carefully to be sure it does what you need, performs to your standards, and can be set up as you need it easily. Their support has not been the best when we've needed to make changes or have had questions about functionality, and I've done a better job with self-service via general troubleshooting or google than they have for the most part.

We sell a combination hardware/software solution and LogMeIn lets us manage the machines we've sold remotely. It's certainly made it so that we're able to keep our systems running well for the most part.

Jepp W.

"LogMeIn helps grow my business!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use in several areas, for both staff and clients.

What do you dislike?

Cannot remove client pc's from the app; also since the majority of client pc's are having LogMeIn installed for us to be able to remote INTO, the install process should ASK whether the ignition client needs to be installed or not. Usually it does not.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Remember they can charge monthly, that helps when the total amount spent is a larger number. Makes it easier for budgeting purposes.

Tech support for pc's and servers.

Tran P.

"I have been using this Logmein Hamachi to manage my remote support clients"

What do you like best?

- Logmein Central and Logmein Hamachi: the ability to create networks with up to 5 hosts, and unlimited number of networks with just free account

- Logmein Hamachi: lightweight yet effective VPN solution that help user to be annoyed-free of reconnect whenever the network connection is dropped

- Helpful for remote support technicians to monitor the availability of remote machines

What do you dislike?

- In a dynamic IP environment, especially if it is virtualized, Logmein Hamachi usually works unstably if the IP address keeps changing frequently. It apparently does not recalculate the route to the Internet via its gateway, and because it overides the defaut gateway address, this consequently makes the host's Internet connection looks totally down. This this situation, a manual restart of Hamachi service is usually required

- In some customized Linux kernels, Hamachi does not work without a clear debug or troubleshooting log informtion

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- If you need a easy to deploy, zero dollar VPN solution, Logme Central and Logmein Hamachi is not a bad choice

- It requires a little bit of intelligent organization get the optimal manageability

- Be cautious of the security and privacy, as you delegate it to a 3rd party

- The Linux system admin guys should verify to make sure that the current kernel is working well with Hamachi

- Problem: The demand of an easy-to-deploy, cost effective VPN solution.

- Logmein benefit: almost unlimited managibility by creating multiple networks with just free subscriptions

Michael H.

"Instrumental to my business"

What do you like best?

Complete unattended control of client's PCs, no user intervention required. Able to even hard restart a PC. Love being able to offer cleints' access to their own systems as subordinate user in my Central account.

What do you dislike?

Inability to restart LMI on client remotely

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you support more than 1 system, this tool is powerful and allows off-hours and unattended support. Clients and end-users appreciate having a helping hand only clicks away.

I use every day to provide remote IT support for many clients. I can reach and assist far more clients with LogMeIn Central than I could being onsite, for example. I'm also able to neatly and conveniently group my cleints' PCs into their own group for ease access.

John C.

"For over a decade I have had LogMein as a standby to get back to my home PC"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to use MFA security features. Everything just works (network permitting).

What do you dislike?

When using SMS to receive MFA codes sometimes I would receive the SMS after the timeout (to be fair this was when I was out of my home country). As a result I use their one-time codes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's great but you cannot rely on it - probably due to network or host reliability - when connecting to a home PC on a consumer network. So keep anything important on a cloud which you can access.

I've been using it in case I have to get back to files on my home PC when at work - this is now less of an issue now that cloud storage is becoming mainstream (meaning I can get files from anywhere and from most devices).

However it is also good in case I need to remotely take over my home PC - which has sometimes been required, in particular to run specific apps (I once ran Visio, which was on my UK PC whilst in Finland. Also, I've used it to do out of band testing of certain apps (to ensure they work anywhere on the internet, not just within a company's firewall).

Brad E.

"Still good, but not as good as it used to be and there are better, cheaper alternatives."

What do you like best?

I first started using Logmein in 2010.It lets you control another computer remotely. Once you are, connected are a variety of useful tools. For example, you can copy something on your main computer and then paste it on the remote computer, which is very handy. On the main computer, you can change the quality of the remote computer’s display. This is good if you are working on a slow connection, as having a lower quality display will make it work faster.

Setting up Logmein in very straightforward. It just takes a few clicks. Logging to other computer is also a straight forward process as well.

What do you dislike?

Logmein isn’t as good as it used to be. The speed is decent and probably good enough for everyday use, but it doesn’t feel as snappy as it once did. I also find it drops connections more than it used to, although it is still fairly stable.

The support is very poor. If you email them, they often take a long time to get back in touch. Lots of users report problems on their forums, but they never seem to have any fixes.

The biggest problem is the price. Logmein used to be free but in 2014 they started charging. This was bad of them, especially as they previously promised the Logmein would be free for life. They shouldn’t have made such a promise.

Overall it’s not bad, but Teamviewer does everything Logmein does and they still offer a free version for personal use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall I would suggest that you try Teamviewer first. It has a free option for personal use. The commercial version is reasonably priced. It also has the following advantages. Firstly, it has better encryption and security. Secondly, it seems more stable. Finally, if you plan to use it for multiple years, then the life time price works out better than Logmein (and you don’t have to worry about price increases).

I used it to log on to machines that are offsite. This is invaluable for administering machines that are at another location.

Un-attributed

"Support of Logmein Central Plus is very poor"

What do you like best?

I no longer like logmein for vessel, it is very unstable due to CAPTCHA and DNS issues, logmein.com is hard to resolved from our system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike because the support is very poor, they do not reply unless you follow up them, they cannot also align the product based from your requirement, they will just sell a product but they will not give importance on helping you on your issues or concerns.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please consider the poor support of logmein

We are solving IT issues remotely to the vessel. I realized that logmein is not ready for for vessel with 2 MBPS internet connection. the connection is not very good with logmein.

Derek S.

"Industry standard software lives up to its name"

What do you like best?

The simplicity and easy to use software. Easy installation and customizable packages. Resilient software that is feature rich. Features such as forcing a restart or shut down, as well as the force reboot into safe mode, have saved remote troubleshooting many times over. The ability to get into safe mode with networking while working in an entirely different office is key. Also, the smartphone app works great, I have connected to servers/computers to do a simple task from my smartphone hundreds of times.

What do you dislike?

Occasional quirks, especially in LogMeIn Client on computer. Sometimes the software will bug out and require being completely closed in order to initiate a remote connection. Once in a long while, issues with installation will occur, but this is few and far between. End users sometimes have trouble with the chat tool. It is pretty self explanatory, but end users do not always see the bottom field to input their text and get confused. A simple update to the color scheme to better amplify the text field at the bottom would most likely solve the issue for good.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it, it's simple and great and very scalable. Implementing the software and installing via package is very easy. Once installed, management through web portal is simple and effective.

Great software to install on servers and computers and remotely manage. Instant remote access with great quality and feature rich while not in front of computer(s).

"Lifesaving Product"

What do you like best?

With LogMeIn Central, we have all of our customers computers grouped per client so they are easy to sort through.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I would need it to do that it doesn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have PCs in remote locations I can't recommend this product enough. It has been a Godsend for us.

We do A/V integration all over Illinois and surrounding states so it is fantastic for us to be able to log into a machine remotely and update programming on the system components or reboot devices. It has saved us a lot of time and money not having to drive to the location for a simple change or fix.

Izzy B.

"best management for remote users"

What do you like best?

the ability to create groups and permissions of who has access to what pc is the best out there

What do you dislike?

its not that cheap compared to other companies

Recommendations to others considering the product:

don't be fooled by the price they offer you at first, but its a fantastic product

we have a bunch of sales people getting access to there pc's and the managers can have access as well there departments, and the IT has access to all

Grant C.

"LogMeIn - One tool, many uses"

What do you like best?

I like the broadness of the system. We are able to remote login while also pushing automated tasks and self healing.

What do you dislike?

At times, the system is not compatible with the browser. It is also slow at times but not a barrier to completing work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would identify what you need to do first and then make the decision. I have a lot of remote workers that travel in the field. This was the best solution that was easy to implement and fairly cost effective.

We are able to update remote computers and laptops that are not on our network. We are also able to update software applications and push new software to their devices. We can also see what is on the computer and manage any performance issues.

Mike P.

"Great way to manage users and groups"

What do you like best?

It allows us to group computers by customer and allow others access to some groups and not others.

What do you dislike?

Central is expensive compared to LogMeIn Free without Central and the reporting could be more fine-grained.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a lot of computers with LogMeIn and a lot of users to manage, Central will make your life much easier.

We support hundreds of stores and it enables us to connect to each securely.

Laurie D.

"Helps better than anything else I've seen"

What do you like best?

We have the Premier Central package. I like the fact that it just works. You don't have to be tech savvy on either end. Installation is easy. Management is easy. The Ad hoc install has been a life saver more than once.

What do you dislike?

We haven't used the One 2 Many product as much as we thought we would, but the rest of the options on that level have made it worth the money for us. You need to know how to script really to use this option, which negates the "just works" thing that I like most. If they had some scripts pre-written, I'd probably give this a 10. It can also be a little slow, but not terribly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We started out with Basic Central, which has the two features we use the most: Ad Hoc for our salesman's computers and Remote Desktop for our corporate computers. This helped us more than anything. For us, the only benefit to upgrading was to go all the way to Premier. We just don't have a lot of file sharing we need to do. The anti-virus and the Updates though have made it worth the extra money for the Premier.

We are spread out across multiple locations with a small IT staff. We can run this at multiple locations at the same time, without leaving the corporate location. The only limitation has been how many screens/computers we have. We would need at least one extra person to go onsite without the program.

Un-attributed

"LogMeIn: Beneficial program with some annoying quirks"

What do you like best?

Easy to connect to. Easy to pin to desktop and open.

What do you dislike?

It has been hard to recognize who is logged in on a remote system. Perhaps due to our setup, we've had a remote employee logged in that has prevented another employee to login. We had to search through task manager to find this out and further through the program to find out who the other employee was.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Work on user ease; make sure that two remote access persons can be logged in at once. If this is not possible, make the fact that someone else is logged in more apparent.

In biotech, the scientists have been able to login to client experiments in order to amend any mistakes or comment on why something is happening or how to set something up.

Doug E.

"Logmein essential for my business"

What do you like best?

LogMeIn has all the features that I need in order to support my clients PCs, laptops, servers and Macs. I mainly use the remote desktop feature, but also use the file manager and have been saved a few times by using the remote boot options.

What do you dislike?

I did not like the price increase after using LogMeIn Central for many years with unlimited systems. The pricing forced me to have to limit how many clients I could support. I have to keep a couple of client installs free for emergencies.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The product is solid with lots of features, but the cost jumps up quickly after 100 clients. I have tried other products and solutions and I cannot find a better product.

LogMeIn has saved me much time and effort as I am able to not only perform necessary maintenance, but also to involve the end user to better explain an issue by showing me as we share the desktop screen. This gives me time spent with the end users, which is always a good opportunity to get to know people. Also, by enabling me to do most work remotely with a reliable product, I am better able to provide cost effective solutions.

C

"LogMeIn"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and consistency of LogMeIn clearly make it a leader of remote control apps. Install the client and you are good to go.

Additionally, rebooting a client into safe mode w/ networking, or force-rebooting a stuck server (when necessary) is a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is so high! I had to negotiate a price... They seem to want to weed out small business users...

Also, the remote PXE boot still isn't reliable (after all these years).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reduce cost for those small business IT services companies who don't need file transfer, update management, etc.

I provide remote support for nearly 100 endpoints, including several business' servers.

Gary K.

"LogMeIn is a powerful tool for remote desktop management"

What do you like best?

One of the nicest things about LogMeIn is that is also has the ability to manage Windows Updates which saves us tons of time from having to go from PC to PC to do it manually. This is a great feature in addition to the ability to remote in to our workstations for desktop support.

What do you dislike?

While it's great that LogMeIn is able to push out Windows Updates it would be nice if the process was a little cleaner and easier to set up. It took us quite a bit of effort to get the update roll out working effectively for our different library branches.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would highly recommend LogMeIn to other libraries and schools as an affordable remote management option that is budget friendly and will save time and money for your organization. The web interface is easy to use and the ability to manage Windows updates is a huge plus.

The main benefit we have realized from LogMeIn is the savings in cost in terms of site to site travel between our library branches in our county library system. The cost savings in mileage alone are a benefit to us. The amount of time saved by not having to travel to branches throughout the county has all been a huge benefit to us.

Ron V.

"No nonsense Remote Desktop for multiple users "

What do you like best?

Central user management

Printer mapping

Remote management

Two step authentication

What do you dislike?

Increasing costs and packages available to fit my size of company are limited. Support leaves a lot to be desired.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to manage remote access with a variety of applications with no complex VPN or Terminal Servers then logmein is great for direct remote access to your desktops or servers.

Remote Access with dual monitor , printing, and file transfer features.

Un-attributed

"convenient way to access other computers from a remote location"

What do you like best?

i love that the end users can just go to a web page and get a code generated on the tech side to give full access to their desktops. i love the chat option to not have to be on the phone with the user.

What do you dislike?

it does glitch at times causing the tech not to be able to click on things and so the end user will have to "drive" but it doesnt continue the entire session usually.

when there are numerous locations and users its a lot faster to be able to remote in and help them with their problems. 9/10 times it is something that you can fix using the logmein tool

Jay S.

"LogMeIn Just Works"

What do you like best?

Deployment links and user management. Easily send links to users for installations used for training internationally.

What do you dislike?

Pricing structure is complicated and has risen dramatically over the years.

LogMeIn has enabled our company to be able to support multiple sites at one time versus needing to go to the site every time a customer has an issue.

Rasha A.

"Very good tool"

What do you like best?

A must have app for me who always or sometimes work from home and always needs to access my VM to continue working, also it always save me to work on our client's critical issues after working hours from any place even using my cell phone plus it adds a fantastic privacy feature to hide my screen while working from home or restaurants, it allows me to access my home's PC from work and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes take long time to login and sometimes became very slow which affects my performance from outside the work Env.

Handle urgent client's issues from home or from restaurants after working hours

Hillary P.

"Very Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

I love having the ability to connect to several different clients.

What do you dislike?

I don't like being kicked out of the session after a certain amount of inactivity. I would like the ability to choose whether or not to end the session manually instead.

We have a satellite location that needs access to our home store computers. LogMeIn has given us the benefit of operating from two different locations.

Murry S.

"Ideal Troubleshooting Aid for Remote Techs"

What do you like best?

I'm on awe of the seamless experience when a tech in the Phillipines took over my aging Thinkpad laptop to investigate and repair a serious stall impeding the installation of Windows 10.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This was a very cool experience. However, it took the remote tech three long sessions to figure out the fix.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tech support via LogMein appears to be highly effective. The code runs smoothly and seamlessly on the client platform (your computer). Your screen becomes a clear window into remote operations, and this is instructive.

Turned out to be a video hardware issue where driver code caused a BSOD. LogMein enabled the remote tech to work around the issue, thus completing the migration of the legacy laptop computer to Windows 10.

Meryl S.

"Logmein BEWARE "

What do you like best?

WHEN it works it is adequate only, Working 50% of the time, and slowly and awkwardly at best, is terrible performance. I suspect the glowing reviews are shills, not real users..

What do you dislike?

Logmein does not reliably work. If you need reliable access that you can depend on, do not use logmein. Today for example, I tried to access my work computer. There was a 2 to 3 second delay with each move of the cursor. It overshot the mark, sliding all over the screen and was hard to control. When I attempted to send an email. the computer kept opening up different pages and save the email as a pdf instead of allowing me to type the recipient. I gave up after 30 minutes of frustration and wasted time. This is NOT the first time this has occurred..

Was trying to do some work from home.

AH
Un-attributed

"Log me in allows supervision of multiple locations"

What do you like best?

Very convenient to be able to log on to my employees computers while they are working and monitor their progress. Also allows me to access their computers after hours to review progress. Also allows me to locate patients information when needed.Great for supervision and to see if employees completed tasks assigned. Can print remotely.

What do you dislike?

Logs off sporadically without notice. Highly dependent on good internet service to get quick access. Also, cannot use easily on tablets or phones unless pay extra. Need to know each computers unique passwords.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product. Highly recommend

Excellent at allowing access to employees computers with or without consent. Able to access records when needed. Able to supervise employees progress. Good for teachers no others.

Miraflor G.

"Logmein "

What do you like best?

Being able to access office software from home allowing me to check the weekly schedule and make changes as necessary. I am also able to write documentation which I am unable to complete during work hours.

What do you dislike?

When power outages occur and I am unable to access from home. Slow internet connection affects my work.

Remote access allows me to check schedule and work from home.

Krzysztof L.

"Easy emergency access"

What do you like best?

We use it mainly for Laptop users who are travelling and are not always connected to VPN for VNC access. Does the job really good. Can be excluded from proxy natively so the user would only need a valid internet connection for us to be able to login. Allows file manager and command line connection as well as remote management (reboot, shut-down, WOL (if supported)). Also allows user to login to their Office PCs remotely from home devices if that's necessary.

What do you dislike?

Windows client is visibly worst designed then OSX one. Cannot specify global login for all PCs but need to re-type it and save it per device on connection. Command-line connection doesn't refresh ie. if you run batch file that opens another winnow you don't have access to it and cannot exit any more. No automatic Screen Resolution detection.

Easy access for users to their office PCs. Helpdesk team access to Laptop devices with no need of VPN.

Learn more about LogMeIn Central

LogMeIn Central Videos

Learning about LogMeIn Central?

* We monitor all LogMeIn Central reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.