Logme is a great corporate solution for remote access to desk tops. We use it for both remote maintenance/screen sharing and to enable users to access their desktops from home. We found remote desktop access to be more efficient than giving users laptops or VPN to servers.
Use it for remotely logging into other desktops for various maintenance tasks, or for helpdesk.
Great features we like:
- Handles multiple monitors really well (especially if you map 2 remote to 2 locals)
- Seems pretty bandwidth efficient and smart enough to reconnect on dropped signal
- Works across nat on both ends
- Good logging capabilities
- Appears secure (2-factor authentication)
- Works well with AD
- Users can access their PC from a home PC or MAC- or even iPhone or Android
We occasionally use some of the features like file transfer or remote reboot, but I've found these too hard to explain to most users.
- Relatively pricy (but consider it worth it)
- No Chromebook client (I'd love to have loaner Chromebooks for users to check out to access their desktop machine when traveling
- Enabling users to access their desktop machines when out of the office (we have some users who always work remotely and just use LogMeIn to get their desktop
- Helpdesk and remote maintenance
- Occasionally use file transfer or other features