Hotspot Shield

Hotspot Shield lets you browse the web securely, anonymously & change your browsing location to unblock content.

Work for Hotspot Shield?

Learning about Hotspot Shield?

Hotspot Shield Reviews

Showing 25 Hotspot Shield reviews
Hotspot Shield review by oscar alberto c.
oscar alberto c.

"the vpn to access the content that in my country is blocked"

What do you like best?

with this vpn you can perform anonymous browsing so that the protection of your identity is secure, hiding your ip address can protect from spammer and hacker the confidential data of credit cards and bank data in general, if you have any blockage in a certain place of social networks hotspot shield allows you to break that blockade and access it quickly and very easily, it also offers protection against malware found in some internet sites that are sometimes visited, the program automatically blocks them and sends you a notification of the blockade made.

What do you dislike?

although the program has several strengths, unfortunately is disconnected several times if you do not have a good internet connection, also the connection and internet browsing is slower than if you were not using it, the difference is appreciated by being a while the application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

hotspot is a pretty good vpn has a free version and a pay, depending on the application and the budget you have the version you want to install, on the other hand performs a pretty good IP hiding task, I think it's the point strong program, however the user should take into account that when using the application will notice a small decrease in the speed of navigation, it is clear that if you have a fast connection will be imperceptible.

the use of the Hotspot shield is indispensable in any company or home in my country, where due to the control of the Internet imposed by the government, it is not possible to access some important pages, so that in the work for some time now they have been willing to the use of this type of program, thanks to the use has allowed us to access blocked content, besides that it has offered the opportunity to hide the ip which is very important to be able to access certain content on the internet.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Hotspot Shield
Hotspot Shield review by carlos b.
carlos b.

"good vpn tool to mask our connections"

What do you like best?

One of the advantages of Hotspot Shield is the fact that it can be used on up to five devices at once, making it a very attractive option for many users, especially for the price. Another advantage is the ease of installation and use. Hotspot Shield can be downloaded and installed in a few minutes by anyone - no technical knowledge is required to install and use the product.

in general the advantages we can have of this software would be that we can access blocked websites,

Surfing the Internet anonymously

Full Wi-Fi security

Protection of banking information, passwords and downloads from prying eyes

What do you dislike?

Hotspot Shield VPN is not the fastest on the market. Of course, the connection speed depends on your location, which is another slight deficiency, as Hotspot Shield has a limited list of countries with the servers. For users in the United States, this should not be a problem, both with the free versions and pay for the product. Hotspot Shield seems to be more prone to disconnection compared to other VPN services. and finally in terms of discomfort are advertising ads that often appear and bother the vision

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very good in general terms but I recommend buying the elite since it optimizes the connection as well as eliminating the annoying advertisements that interfere with the work

it is very useful to use this software when I am connected in places of visit or tourism but even so I need to connect to find information of relavancia and privida of the company and thanks to hotsppot I can cover my connection and avoid the unwanted access of intruders to my information, it also helps me to access sites with private protection that normally do not let enter

What Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution do you use?

Hotspot Shield review by yubyzay yarahi m.
yubyzay yarahi m.

"I can surf anonymously protecting my identity and my data."

What do you like best?

I like that:

1.-I can surf anonymously protecting my identity and my data.

2.-I can have access to blocked pages, whether they are blocked by work or office, or that they are blocked from the internet service provider.

3.-I can access my social networks in case these are also blocked at work.

4.-Hide my real ip address, assigning me another from another place and country.

5.-It makes a protection of my confidential data, and of my banking data in general, in a safe way and to be able to use my credit cards without the danger of my data being stolen.

6.-It has compatibility with several operating systems even with my smart phone.

What do you dislike?

that I do not like it:

1.- Payment plans are expensive compared to other service providers.

2 .- The free option has annoying advertising and servers are limited to the US, which is quite annoying.

3.-The support is very bad, only support by email, having to wait for a response to a concern. sometimes several days.

4.-The speed of connection is slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because with the use of this vpn, you can access the pages that are blocked nationally, I can give testimony that the program works perfectly, the anonymous browsing is safe and the free plan works perfectly only that you will have the publicity that sometimes bothers, but does not prevent you from accessing the blocked sites, and most importantly, the US server is available for the free version.

in the company it has allowed us to be able to carry out the banking transactions of secure mentra, previously we had been the victim of an attack, and since then with the use of this vpn we can be more secure, the only disadvantage is that sometimes disconnections occur and the vpn goes out, but it happens very rarely.

Hotspot Shield review by Iriusva M.
Iriusva M.

"Protect your internet connection"

What do you like best?

This VPN has been an ideal tool to connect to the Internet in an anonymous way protecting my personal data, passwords and any activity you are doing on the web. I use it when I need to research or work with pages from other countries to which I can not easily enter with my local IP address. I like it because it's free, fast download, easy to use and application. It does not require deep knowledge to be installed and used, that's why I downloaded it to my desktop, tablet and personal phone with good results.

What do you dislike?

As I have used the free version, the megas available are not enough for the number of times I connect to the web, I always run out early and I must use another VPN. With this version I can not choose the location or country from which I am connecting. For me the costs of the Premium version are high and inaccessible. Sometimes the interface of the computer gets heavy when I'm working connected to the VPN.Even so my experience with the use of the tool has been very positive, so I have recommended it to family and friends who like me have required a private connection.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want anonymous, reliable and secure connections, I invite you to try Hotspot Shield, in addition you can connect without problems to any web page

The main contribution of this VPN is to unlock the pages to which I could not easily access from my local IP. I have had the privilege of consulting contents and global information to feed my research, allowing me to fulfill my goals and work commitments. Additionally and no less important is the fact that sometimes, when I use Wiffi public, I activate it to protect my data, which generates security and reliability.

Hotspot Shield review by Max P.
Max P.

"Best VPN I have used for its speed, usability, and cost"

What do you like best?

There are several things I like about Hotspot Shield. I tried the free version for about three days before I knew I was going to purchase. I paid about $40 for one year. I can connect up to 5 devices and it does not matter which kind. Literally anything that is an android and Microsoft product, you can use Hotspot Shield. Lastly, when the VPN is connected, I have not noticed a drop in internet speeds. Lastly,

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything to dislike yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it for free. you can download the app and use the free version to test it out. You will not notice any speed reduction or the product being obtrusive. Then buy the two year option so that it comes out to $36 a year. For those that want to use this for Torrents and downloading, this is also good for that.

I use it for personal and business use. I have a home based business and like to keep prying eyes like my ISP at a distance.

Hotspot Shield review by Yeniree E.
Yeniree E.

"La mejor VPN para navegar con seguridad"

What do you like best?

Lo mejor de esta VPN es que proporciona seguridad cuando se conecta a una red pública porque puede proteger datos personales, bancarios, contraseñas, entre otros. Lo he usado mucho, por ejemplo, en mi país bloquean muchas páginas de noticias entre otras y esta VPN me ha permitido desbloquearlos y navegar en ella sin ningún problema y puede descargarse gratis

What do you dislike?

La desventaja es que la versión gratuita te ofrece una gran cantidad de publicidad que disminuye cuando compras la licencia, ya que incluye muchas más opciones y la buena ejecución de la VPN también depende de una buena conexión a Internet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Es una gran VPN y ofrece mucha seguridad cuando navegas por Internet y te permite acceder a páginas que están bloqueadas, si necesites una VPN que trabaje de manera segura sin duda esta es una de las mejores

En mi caso me ayuda a tener más privacidad al conectarme a una red pública por otra parte me ha ayudado a entrar en paginas de noticias que se encuentran bloqueadas en el pais

Hotspot Shield review by Joancel C.
Joancel C.

"The fastest vpn!"

What do you like best?

It's the fastest VPN i've tested.

Incredibly simple, intuitive and easy to use software, an excellent design, you can adjust your VPN configuration and location easily.

Uses an AES-256 encryption, all the data that is transmitted are completely safe

Torrenting support, is an excellent option for P2P connections.

Has a Chrome extension

Offers protection against malicious software in the proxy browser.

What do you dislike?

The contact with the support team is through the support ticket.

It uses the OpenVPN protocol, Without TOR compatibility.

For payments, the options are credit cards and PayPal, there is no possibility of anonymous payment methods such as Bitcoin

It has too many ads.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for anonymous and fast connections it is a great option, but if what you need is maximum security it has some deficiencies.

Anonymous and fast connections, access to websites blocked by location, p2p connections can be made without problems

Hotspot Shield review by genesis c.
genesis c.

" Hotspot shield protection instantly"

What do you like best?

the simple way to install and use with just one click, bringing as a benefit privacy and protection when navigating with just activate it changes the vpn.

What do you dislike?

It usually decreases the speed when browsing the Internet, it must be taken into account that if the Internet connection fails the application will stop immediately

Recommendations to others considering the product

to work properly you should have at least a speed of 2GB and this does not lose the connection

I was able to easily access web pages without difficulty, facilitating the process of uploading documents and obtaining appointments for personal procedures.

Hotspot Shield review by Jordan N.
Jordan N.

"A useful VPN that offers excellent protection"

What do you like best?

The establishment of the connection is quickly done. Apps on windows as well as on Android are very good. It has the option of Kill-Switch that is very useful.

What do you dislike?

Some servers have a speed of download and upload of information some slow and disconnect without notice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easily connected with any device from a computer or mobile phone to the Internet.

This tool allows us to access sites where we need to collect information privately and securely.

Hotspot Shield review by Avi R.
Avi R.

"There are lot of VPN but Hotspot shield beat them in speed."

What do you like best?

Easy to use and best for security as all the data is encrypted.

Must have software to access the content that is not available in certain region, this VPN has no boundary and it provides lot of virtual location to choose from

Provides security from web threats.

One can add nearly all of their devices at max five.

unlimited bandwidth but yes price is associated.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it shows add even after it is paid.

Not much to dislike compared to other VPN in market.

It is not supported for windows phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

IF you need a VPN that can guarantee you security as well as provide you fast internet. You should go for it.

Anonymous browsing without compromising the speed and unblock most of the site.

Hotspot Shield review by Rohan S.
Rohan S.

"Great VPN provider"

What do you like best?

The Hotspot shield is one of fast and easy to use. To protect your privacy the demand of VPN increases day by day and Hotspot is one of the VPN provide you with great features and security. The best thing is you 7 day trail to use this then you can decide to buy the full version and which is not so costly.

What do you dislike?

I like this VPN very much and don't find much dislike but yes sometime i find ping speed is slower and which really lack sometime.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for the great VPN which provide you best customer support and user experience go for HotSpot Shield.

Using Hotspot shiled i realized that provides great user experience and really protect the privacy.

Hotspot Shield review by Jose Leandro M.
Jose Leandro M.

"A perfect choice to have free vpn"

What do you like best?

The biggest advantage of this vpn system is that it is free.

It allows you a very fast navigation.

There is no limit to the use of bandwidth, you can work 24 hours a day.

It is compatible for windows, android and mac.

What do you dislike?

For the free version it only allows you to establish a connection with Canada and the United States, if you wish other countries you must buy the license.

There is page restriction to navigate with this VPN and if you want navigation without restriction you must buy the license.

It does not allow mining from the vpn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This VPN is for work use, most of the game pages are blocked

I have been able to access banking pages that are blocked in the country.

Hotspot Shield review by Guido S.
Guido S.

"Hotspot Shield is a VPN that offers excellent security"

What do you like best?

I like the most that it's pretty simple to use and fast. Setup takes just a couple of minutes, and the tool will turn on when needed and remain off when not.

What do you dislike?

The servers are not always fast, but it is not a problem for the purposes that I use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Software that has no problems, or at least for the reasons why I use it, I do not find weak points that make me stop using it.

This software offers a significant amount of resources in terms of security on the web, which is one of the most important reasons why the company chose it.

Hotspot Shield review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Hotspot Shield"

What do you like best?

What I like about Hotspot shield is that hides my IP Address and keeps my web activity private, as it should be. My account is the Elite user, and it works on up to 5 devices which is great.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike is that sometimes purchases I want to make are blocked, as HotSpot shows me in a weird location, and also some sites are blocked, so I have to disable it. It also has a difficult time adding new devices when it's at full use even when it's not on another device when the device has not been used, turned on, etc. This has happened when I get a new device and it's not even on the old one anymore. It also makes it difficult for Google and social media efforts as it shows me in a completely different location, so I wouldn't recommend it if you are doing local marketing work for yourself or other businesses. Downloading new profiles has also been problematic with many of the profiles not working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hotspot Shield is excellent to protect your online identity on your phone, tablet, computer, and will definitely make your online location different.

Hotspot shield is excellent when you want to keep your web activities private. This is really what it's made for and it certainly works for this, and at times you may need to disable it so you can do things that require your actual location data.

Hotspot Shield review by User in Construction
User in Construction

"Hotspot shield VPN"

What do you like best?

Hotspot shield is super easy to install or remove from your machine. It makes your access completely anonymous by pinging to a different server, but the best part about this VPN is that it doesnt slow your traffic. It also allows us to circumvent blanket network blocks on some of our online tools, so it has plenty of practical business applications. Additionally, its very simple and easy to tell when you are fully connected and using the VPN, and equally easy to turn connection on and off.

What do you dislike?

It is a little annoying having to deal with ads during the installation process and then occasionally after the install, but its a free programs so occasional ads are understandable.

Hotspot shield is great for consolidating your traffic and allow you to ping your IP address to a different location. this has been useful for us as we sometimes are wired into networks that block our tools, and hotspot circumvents those blocks.

Hotspot Shield review by Luis P.
Luis P.

"Easy software, not so easy setup"

What do you like best?

The download and upload speed is very good. The software is made to be easy and intuitive.

What do you dislike?

It was very difficult to set up correctly and get it to run properly. The help didn't cover my situation and I had to figure it out alone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of different VPN's available in the market. I had issues with this option, but it's worth a try. The free option allows you to test it, so I recommend a trial before adopting.

The speed was good for my purposes, but you should evaluate within your needs.

VPN is an important aspect of security for any company. We opted for using VPN as a safe guard for navigation.

Hotspot Shield review by Prashant G.
Prashant G.

"Best way to use banned sites"

What do you like best?

When I was in college then I used to use hotspot shield and by using this software it easily breaks my college WiFi security and I can do anything and plus it act as a protector also, the best software for proxy use

What do you dislike?

Basically I love all the features of this software but if I have to point out one then sometimes it cannot connect to the WiFi and I don't know the reason but this happens randomly.

I was using hotspot for instead of using my server , by using hotspot shield I used it as a proxy server.

Hotspot Shield review by Andrew C.
Andrew C.

"Hotspot Shield is my Go To for safe browsing"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and unlimited bandwidth for elite users.

What do you dislike?

More expensive vs other similarly rated services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price and features, its hard to beat. Reviews make it obvious that this ranks in the top #3.

A safe connection is paramount when accessing files and customer information. Agents in field no longer have to worry about open connections and data theft.

Hotspot Shield review by User in Higher Education

"One of Best Personal VPN out there"

What do you like best?

This is one of the best VPN i have used so far.Easy to set up and use and amazing speeds. you can access all the geographically restricted sites and access their content without any hassle.Best part is you can set it up on your mobile devices too.Lot of servers to choose from .

What do you dislike?

They could improve the speed a bot more on the free version.The paid version is little expensive for personal use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the VPN to go to if you are concerned about ease of use and safety.

It helped me access lot of websites which are restricted geographically.Its very easy to set up and use

Hotspot Shield review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Law Practice
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Law Practice

"Best Personal VPN Available"

What do you like best?

This is hands down the best VPN service I have ever used. Easy Macbook Integration, and total privacy. One-click activation. Accessing geo restricted content such as netflix and HboGo while traveling. over 2500 different servers. choose server location. mobile application support

What do you dislike?

download speeds could be a little faster. anchor free has admitted to data collection, but I believe they have good intentions for improving user experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger and get this VPN service today! worth it for both personal and business use

SEO keyword research and tracking is now able to bypass geographic search engine restrictions and browse virtually from all over the world

Hotspot Shield review by User in Internet

"Works really well"

What do you like best?

I am able to choose where I want to route my system through and it is still relatively fast. I am able to browse websites, download documents, and stream video as necessary. Its really easy to setup and makes it easy to use a VPN.

What do you dislike?

The software made my Mac a little buggy with internet sometimes. I would turn the VPN off and run into issues where my computer would randomly disconnect from the internet until I restarted it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its worth the try but its not as fully featured as other VPN system. If you want something that just gets the job done this is it.

Being able to do work securely and test our system from multiple locations.

Hotspot Shield review by User

"Lightweight app with great VPN services"

What do you like best?

It's pretty lightweight, so it doesn't take much memory when running. As far as the features are concerned, it offers many different locations across the globe to host the VPN, even on the free plan.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, Hotspot Shield is my favorite VPN app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely recommend using this if a VPN service is needed.

Use this connect with my company's server, whenever I am away and I am working from home (or remotely).

Benefits:

- Gets me connected to the network within seconds

- No bloatware; really light on memory

Hotspot Shield review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"One of the best VPN"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to add it to my browser and decide how i would like to connect independently.

What do you dislike?

Wish i could use it to change my home vpn

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it! Its an easy to use tool and i love how intuitive the interface is.

I live in Jamaica so need a VPN to do many tasks and subscriptions as well as purchase certain items. It's a life changer for my business.

Hotspot Shield review by Consultant

"My Experience using the Hotspot"

What do you like best?

It helps me access those websites that are not accessible to my place and it is helping to my work

What do you dislike?

there are times that the software is down just like earlier

Recommendations to others considering the product

It allows you to work offshore with some restricted/filtered websites

It helps me to work offshore and it gives me more privilege to work from home

Hotspot Shield review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"Usable, if not a little cluncky"

What do you like best?

I appreciate the function of Hotspot Shield - it does work as promised.

What do you dislike?

The interface is a little cluncky and sometimes makes my processor run slower than I would like.

Privacy

Learning about Hotspot Shield?

* We monitor all Hotspot Shield reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.