EZ Texting Reviews & Product Details

EZ Texting Overview

What is EZ Texting?

EZ Texting is the #1 SMS marketing software for business. Founded in 2004, EZ Texting has served over 160K customers, setting the standard for business texting. Our cloud-based messaging solutions allow businesses of all sizes in the U.S. and Canada to reach and engage their mobile audiences.

EZ Texting Details

The top-rated SMS marketing software is the smartest way to connect with mobile audiences.

EZ Texting delivers the smartest, fastest, easiest, and most reliable ways to connect with your mobile audience.

EZ Texting
2006
Santa Monica, CA
@EzTexting

EZ Texting Videos

EZ Texting Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the EZ Texting community
Have you used EZ Texting before?

EZ Texting Reviews

Showing 439 EZ Texting reviews
Already have EZ Texting?
President
What do you like best?

EZ Texting is easy to use, reliable, inexpensive and easy to implement. We were using the phone providers free sms text gateways but texts were often blocked or not received, EZ Texting solved all of these issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The method of using text "credits" is a little clunky for billing purposes. We buy blocks of credits for use on a monthly basis. If we get close to the limit we might have to buy extra credits to ride out the month. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The free SMS text gateways would not reliably deliver texts to poeple, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt, often related to anti spam text defenses. We needed to get the texts to customers every single time. We had delivered a web based kiosk application to allow visitors to check in - while they were waiting in the reception area. A failed text means that no one got the text to let someone know they were waiting in the reception room! Benefits - no more angry customers waiting for someone to come who never did because they never got a notification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in EZ Texting
Youth Engagement Specialist
What do you like best?

The ability to create groups is essential to our program. It allows us send out messaging that is group specific as well as the ability to respond when contacts message back. That is especially important for us as Customer support is an area where we seek to improve year over year. The tools that EZ texting provides, adds a strength to our program that will be needed if we want to grow our program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When contacts decide to respond to the messages that we send out, I do not know about it unless I am constantly logged in. It would be helpful if I was able to turn on notifications that informed me of responses. Along with that ability, if I had a couple of options to choose from in regards to notifications, that would be great. For example, if I was able to get notifications as they come or be able to choose a daily digest, that would allow me the ability to respond as quickly as possible. Additionally, having the ability to create additional user admins for the account would be helpful so that actions can be tracked across users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Simple to use, easy to understand and additional features available to grow your business or effectively communicate to your clientele. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For some time, we heavily relied on email messaging to communicate to our participants. Over the years, due to email provider changes, we have experienced incredibly low open rates. Many time emails can go to junk or spam folders. Now they can even get lost in the promotions folder as well. EZ Texting gives us another avenue to communicate that is much more effective for the young generations that we serve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

The ease and use of the website, import function, and reply feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The app's interface is outdated and lacks the full functionality of the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All not or profit organizations should consider using EZ texting. The pandemic of COVID 19, has forced many and us to adjust our mode of communication. Without effective and efficient communication organizations will cease to exist. EZ Texting enables us to exist by continuing to be relevant and to our community. This is what I like about EZ Texting. The only dislike we have of EZ texting is the app has not been updated for some time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are overcoming the challenge of email over saturation. SMS/MMS allows for us to remain engaged with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

EZ Texting's user-friendly format is an effective and efficient for me to notify the necessary people during an emergency. With different levels of prioritized notification, EZ Texting allows to me to send all my notices from one platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not experienced any difficulty using EZ Texting. I do not have any dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EZ Texting is a good fit for my department's current needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As the director of a city-county Emergency Management department serving a community of 300,000+, I must serve notice and distribute critical information to local government officials, community stakeholders and essential personnel in a timely manner. EZ Texting gives me the ability to organize and execute these tasks effectively and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate Pastor
What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to send messages. I put some credits in the account, select my group, and send. It is great. I really enjoy the fact that they manage those that opt out and that I don't have to worry about that part of it. I struggle enough keeping up with my own contacts much less those for my entire organization and I really appreciate the fact that I don't have to worry about that. The opt in process is incredibly simple as well which is great for our members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We only use EZtexting for communicating cancellations and the such. With that in mind, I don't like the sales pitches that I get about reaching people further. I'm sure that would work great for some businesses but as a church it is not useful for us. We do almost everything in person. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A quick and easy solution to get information out there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps us with weather cancellations and event notifications. It fits our ministry perfectly and makes the process simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The site is so easy to navigate. You can import your contacts and send group texts with no problem. If your message is too long the program lets you know that it will be sent as a SMS message. That way you to shorten, if you can. The tech support is very knowledgeable and easy to reach out to. They answer your questions in a timely manner if not immediately. You receive a notification if you run out of credits and the fee to send messages is very reasonable. You can proof your message before sending or even he file it to end t a certain time/day. Very convenient if you know you will not have time to send when message needs to go out. I highly recommend EZTexting to any company/business who is looking for a quick way to text their message to their group. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You don’t know if someone responded to your text. The site does not you notify you when you receive a message in the system. Messages have gone unread because I didn’t know someone had responded to the text. It’s not a huge flaw but some type of notification would be great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Group emails are not as effective as they used to be. Text is in your face and you cannot say it went to your junk box. We have more responses and more attendance when we use EZTexting for announcements. I have received many “thank you”’s for sending a text instead of an email. Our agents and staff appreciate to extra effort to get them the message. Especially, recently, when it pertains to COVID information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director Of Analytics
What do you like best?

EZ Texting has made it really simple for us to manage texting for a number of clients in multiple verticals. Keeping track of different audiences is a breeze and scheduling messages to fit our client's schedules is invaluable. Bulk upload of contacts and the ability to group contacts into multiple audiences is really helpful. Message templates make it easy to delegate messaging to junior staffers. Their phone app is priceless and allows us to respond to customer questions with ease. Our clients have been thrilled with the ability to communicate quickly and effectively with their entire customer base through the use of mass texting alerts for things like weather closures and phone outages. Customers have been very receptive to receiving messages and our opt-out percentage is exceptionally low compared to email. Texting is clearly the future of customer communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I originally disliked the way the inbox worked, but that feature has been recently revamped and it works great! We have used other web-based testing solutions in the past and EZ Texting far outshines them all. Their customer support has been exceptional and we have not experienced any downtime with this platform. There are some restrictions on the types of messages you can send to your customers - for example, you cannot offer t extend credit - but those restrictions apply to any texting platform EZ Texting has been very helpful and supportive in explaining those restrictions and helping us find solutions that work for everyone without running afoul of the rules. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EZ Texting has made it possible to communicate with our client's customers in the way they prefer - through text. We immediately realized increased conversions compared to other mediums such as email campaigns. People tend to be very responsive to our messaging and we see a lot of view through traffic to our landing pages. The 30-day free trial allowed us more than enough time to determine that this was the best solution for our needs. Combined with the development of dedicated landing pages and per-user tracking we can immediately identify deep funnel customers for remarketing efforts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to engage with our customers is what I like best about EZ Texting. EZ Texting makes it very easy to send out a text message to let our customers know about sales, specials, updated store hours, and customer trainings. It is much faster using EZ Texting to send out messages than to manually send messages one by one. EZ Texting has great technical support also. I had a question about "Keywords" and how to use them. The support agent was very helpful and answered my questions quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints about EZ Texting service. It is a great tool for our business to engage with our customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

What a great service for connecting with customers. EZ Texting is an easy service anyone can use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EZ Texting allows our business to engage with customers quickly and efficiently. With direct text messages to our customers. We know that our specials, sales, and important information will not be missed by our customers. We have tried direct mail cards and newspaper ads, and they don't work. EZ texting offers a report once your message is sent so you have a peace of mind knowing that your customer got your message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Marketing and Operations
What do you like best?

Their software is very easy to use and implement into our process. It's very easy to send messages out via their website every month to pre-defined customer lists. They also have a very easy to implement API that we've used to integrate with our in house software to automate messages to our customers. They also have a web widget that we use on our website that is very easy to implement. Overall a solid value and product! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't say I've found anything about them that I dislike. We've been a customer for over 3 years and I don't have anything negative to say. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great service if you are a do-it-yourselfer or you need a little help. Great tools for integrating with your application, or perfectly good as a stand alone service. Very good value for all the features you get. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a way to opt-in customers to a texting "club" so we could communicate to them once a month with specials and coupons. We also needed a way to automate outbound service reminder texts to clients. EZ-Texting solved both of those problems for us easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how I can mass text my clients all one message. It's so easy and easily customizable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how there is a 12 hour window before the client can message back. I think there is an upgrade to prevent that, so it's fixable, but that's really the only thing I dont like. Before the update, it was difficult to follow along with texts because I could only see the client's reply and not my previous message to them. Since then, it's been updated and I can view the whole message thread on one screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend using Google Sheets in conjunction with EZ Texting to import long lists Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to add a new way to reach out clients. We love EZ Texting because it gives us that. It's so easy to message hundreds of clients at the same time. It's saves so much time that we can be using elsewhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

EZ Texting is easy to use and send texts to different key groups. Our non-profit organization is always looking for ways to be efficient and reach out to parents. With this texting app, we are able to reach parents in a simple way where we can ensure that information is properly disseminated. Setting up texts is very simple, we can include images and links, and we have received tremendous feedback from those who receive texts about how much they like the text message format. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We really have not experienced any downsides to using EZ Texting. The app is simple to use both on a computer and through the mobile format. Individuals can be added to our lists easily and messages can be scheduled or sent out right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly recommend using EZ Texting to anyone looking for an efficient way to reach key audiences! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are always trying to find ways to easily share information with key participants in our non-profit program. We also share information via e-newsletters and via social media, but the best way to engage with key groups has been through EZ Texting. We know that the information is being delivered to parents to their personal numbers, which is a huge relief when we need details shared right away! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing + Creative Manager
What do you like best?

It's super user friendly. Any time a co-worker asks about sending out a text I teach them to fish so to speak so that they are able to use it as well. They've all agreed at the ease of using it. We have a large organization with 32 different offices. Many of our employees are in positions where they can't easily check email while at work but may see a text sooner. This is the perfect tool to communicate with them, especially during COVID where we may have to pivot on a dime. They also offer trackable links. While I haven't used this just yet, it definitely sounds like a great feature to have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I honestly can't think of a complaint. The only minor one would be their system doesn't seem to always understand people's responses: certain emojis, if they send a picture, etc. don't always come through. Not a huge deal, but when people think they're texting a normal number or an actual person I'm not sure what they are trying to communicate to me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have all your data gathered together to make set up a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a quick way to communicate efficiently with our entire company. We have 32 locations spanning two states, so if something needs to be shared with everyone at once that an email can't do, this is the perfect tool. We are in healthcare and with things constantly changing due to COVID having a way to share an update with all 300+ employees at once, without the dreaded "reply-all" of an email, is perfect. We've also used this when hosting meetings in the past to preschedule reminder texts about where our guests needed to be at certain times. This was a great feature! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The site is super intuitive and easy to use. I can have multiple lists, schedule messages, see my sent messages, and keep track of who is opening/viewing messages. There's even an option to track click-through links! I really love the simplicity. I've been with EZ Texting for a few years now and each improvement is such a joy to have. Even with my pre-paid account, I have access to great customer service, annual walk through phone calls, and excellent follow-through on any issues I might have. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing comes to mind right now. I have it set up just the way I want for phone and email notifications. I can't think of a thing I would change. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My contacts are mostly youths and young families who prefer texting as their means of communication. I get much better engagement than I would over email alone. It's easy to send out last-minute reminders and changes to our programming. I can embed links to Zoom meetings and see who is logging in to them. When someone opts out of one list and not another I can see what their preferences are for content. There are great reporting and follow-through capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that it was very easy to learn the platform and there is plenty of training tools for all the features Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more ways to upload contacts. maybe by copy and pasting all the names at once and then the numbers at once. I have tried the uploading option and it didn't work the way I needed so I end up entering contacts one at a time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely worth it. It is low commitment to try it out and now I use it 2x a week. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clients don't like to answer the phone if they thing they are being sold something or if it is going to take a lot of time. with the culture of my demographic being able to text information and surveys has been invaluable, nit just for the response rate increase but for the time it saves me as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

EZ Texting is the most efficient way for us to communicate with all of our employees. The platform is versatile enough we can use it or current employees and prospective employees targeted through our recruitment marketing campaigns. We love the keywords! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Maintaining contacts: time consuming to update new hires/terminated employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

EZ Texting is super easy to implement and navigate. This is hands down the most effective way to get information to all of our employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EZ Texting has proven to be an excellent tool for HR to communicate with our employees from everything to COVID-19 information to benefits enrollment and reminders to sign up for the holiday toy drive. We've also been successful using EZ Texting for recruitment marketing. By using unique keywords, we are able to see which recruitment methods produce the best results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Communications specialist
What do you like best?

I like that you can send an SMS or picture text to a targeted list and it doesn't take more than 5 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would rather be notified by email when someone replies to a text, as opposed to having to log into the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can quickly notify employees of time sensitive information, including links, and track their clicks. I can see who is not receiving the texts, and quickly upload new lists when needed. Easy to group the lists as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how simple it is to use. It takes only a few seconds to write out a message and send out. It also makes it easy for our patients to respond to us. It's created a better communication line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On the notification tab on the app, it gives you a notification when a group message is successfully sent. The notifications only load so many, so there is a constant notification that I can't get rid of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It makes communication with our guests very easy! Our communication rates have greatly improved. It allows us to reach out to a wide group of individuals in a personalized manner. It also is very easy to move our guests to new groups or remove them when it is no longer necessary for them to be in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

operations manager
What do you like best?

EZ texting is so easy to use and teaching new employees to use the software is a breeze. Not to mention the customer service is great. I have only had one issue and it was resolved in a few minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only recommendation that I would have for EZ texting is to have the ability to have multiple logins for one account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

best recommendation would be to use this product. Its awesome. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use this software to text employees of emergency situations, upcoming evens, employee recognition, and many other things. We are also exploring using it in marketing and advertising campaigns as a new way for our customers to contact us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love that EZ Texting has an app. That's the main reason I switch from another platform to EZ, as it's so much easier to reply to messages through the app than having to log on to my computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love the ability to schedule out my messages and have more functionality (adding links, etc.) through the app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely give EZ Texting a try! I guarantee you'll love the ease of sending messages quickly and efficiently, and your customers will love receiving your info right to their device! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's so much faster to reach my customers now than traditional methods like email and phone calls. I love that they can reply to me instantly when I send information about orders and new products. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Honestly, what I like best Is how simple the site is to navigate. Other texting sites like this one, are not as easy to use. Everything is laid out really well. And I really like the price. Most other companies charge way more for much less. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that the Phone app doesn’t have as much flexibility in terms of character length for messages I can send. I’m also not a huge fan of the additional cost for a keyword. It feels a bit high for my budget...But I making it work. I also have a really hard time figuring out how to set up the automatic forms for people to fill-in, like to put in contact information. However, your support team was more than happy to help me set that up. And it’s nice that you guys can do that for me. But I also would like to feel confident in being able to just go in and create that form on my own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I’ve worked in corporate companies that have used text messaging systems, I’ve researched some for my own private work, and EZ Texting company has been sincerely the best choice and I’m really happy with their service. I am a small business owner—it’s just me. AND I have a VERY limited budget. But the price I pay for their service is 100% worth the cost. this service has made my life so much easier. It has made me more organized. And the fact that I can’t even send messages from my phone on the go is really helpful. And their customer service is really friendly too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of not everyone getting my monthly emails for my subscribers. Very rarely now do I have someone who won’t receive a text message, and it’s because they’ve installed blockers on their phones for things. This is allowing me to have all of my subscribers get all of my important information. It’s also making it easier to drop discounts for them, offer news updates, and surprise them with information or offers that they can get instantly. Instead of them waiting to maybe check their email sometime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, instant gratification, strong support. Much higher engagement -- and faster -- than email marketing or social media marketing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is a little harder to use than the web page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! There are pricing models for almost everyone! I am currently on a pay-as-you-go plan and am very happy with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

During the pandemic/shutdown, our business pivoted to more direct-to-customer delivery (previously we were event based, and customers came to us.) As we managed to get our contacts to grow, we used EZ Texting as part of our outreach to existing customers as we focused on new customers on social media ... the approach worked well because we were able to tell customers when we were nearby and that helped spur some impulse purchasing (we could also use weather or other context!) Because these customers had requested delivery before, we know that they know and like our product, so it became a very good resource for speaking to proven customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technology Innovation Specialist