Adobe Bridge Reviews & Product Details

$11,171
@Adobe
25,182 employees on LinkedIn®
Description

Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE) deals in digital media, digital marketing, and printing and publishing software with over 14,000 employees and $4.4 billion in revenue.

Adobe Bridge Reviews

Showing 312 Bridge reviews
Already have Adobe Bridge?
Photographer
Photography
Marketing Director
What do you like best?

As someone who works in a variety of apps when completing a project, Adobe Bridge is key to making sure I have all my assets, my pieces and parts in one place. It saves me the time of hunting down and locating the files and playing a game of seeing which version the file is. Adobe Bridge shows you, visually, what you have in a quick and easy one-stop-shop location. It takes the anxiety out of the project... at least in this capacity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like it to look a little better. The interface could look a little better, maybe a little more pizzazz. I really don't have any other things about it to dislike. It's pretty great. If I had to nitpick, I would say, it would be nice if it worked to send to non-Adobe apps. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Which file do I need? Is this the one? Is that it? No! It's the other one. Is that the one with the blue border? Where looking for files in the finder is one way to do it, Bridge puts everything in one place and makes it easy to find what you are looking for and send it to any of the Adobe Creative Cloud apps. It's remarkable how much improvement it makes on your workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Adobe Bridge
President & Trainer
What do you like best?

You can manage all your photos in all your folders

You can also correct directoly with camera raw without opening photoshop Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it's a bit slow sometimes becaouse ti creates the preview pictures and it needs space memory Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't learn the softwares by yourself. Do a course so you can elarn the right workflow and the hidden commands to earn time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's a browser. It's very easy to manage you photos.

the best benefit is the direct opening in camera raw through the aperture icon or shortcut Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fine Art Photographer
What do you like best?

I have been using Bridge without any problems for years. I like the ability to download photos from camera, add metadata, keywords, batch, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

After updating Bridge I was unable to save metadata. Turns out Adobe reverted my version to 8.1 which would not work properly. After considerable digging I discovered that V11 is the newest. Why Adobe reverted mine to 8.1 is a mystery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend Bridge but good luck if you have a problem! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Solved: can now save metadata! workflow re-established Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Artist Designer Illustrator
What do you like best?

I love the organizational abilities that the user has when using Adobe Bridge. Without any problems, you are able to slide and move your photo and image files into any order that you like. You can then batch rename the files to update your files to the specified order that you created. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a better tagging and rating system with the ability to set up your own individual system. I would like Adobe to implement a labeling option that is customizable and easy to individualize for each of my project's different needs. It should include a "hover" tag/label which would hover over the file or photo icon when activated by a 'mouse-over." This would really help to speed up the process of reviewing large inventories of items without having to select each one and bringing up the information on the program's side panels. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to have your image files organized and exactly the way that you want, then try Adobe Bridge and I'm certain that you will be very happy with your results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am creating a photo book as a personal project which includes over 1400 images. It is overwhelming at times trying to keep all of this material organized and updated. Adobe Bridge has really helped me with this process and it gives me peace of mind knowing that my files will be exactly in the order that I need them to be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Design Manager - Marlow
Human Resources
What do you like best?

Bridge is a great place to manage all your creative files in one place, live previews make it so much easier to find what your looking for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The search function is really not up to much, I can search in bridge and not come up with any results, yet i can manually go to the folder and find what i'm looking for Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The number one benefit is being able to see everything in one place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Visual Artist
Fine Art
What do you like best?

Unlike Lightroom, iPhoto, etc., Bridge allows you to maintain full control over your file organization/structure. This is crucial for me. Excellent for launching Camera Raw and Photoshop with selected files, quickly rating and sorting photographs, and keeping them organized. I love the ability to quickly rate files with CMD + a # key. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly have no complaints! I use Bridge almost every single day, and I never have any issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Bridge to import, sort, and store thousands and thousands of photographs, and then move them into Camera Raw and Photoshop for extensive editing.. I couldn't do my work as efficiently without Bridge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Production Artist
What do you like best?

Bridge generates visual thumbnails and descriptive overviews of all file types and allows the user to determine the levels of displayed information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't discovered yet anything I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bridge allows comprehensive file management and facilitates work flows, which all users can benefit from. Whether the user is a solo freelancer working offsite or an employee within a large staff, Bridge facilitates greater knowledge of files available and can help the user to quickly make choices leading to timely completion of projects. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bridge lets me quickly see what files are available and what their attributes are, without having to open multiple finder windows or files. I can then make choices about what files to use and can often insert the files directly into layouts I am creating, or copy them to another device. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales & Marketing Manager
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

I like having Adobe Bridge Open when I am using Photoshop to quickly find my files and graphics. I Manage the Marketing for two large dealerships and need everything right there. I like that I can open and edit pics prior to moving them over to photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest thing that I don't like about adobe bridge is the ease of finding files sometimes. I wish there was a better search. Maybe there is and I just don't find it. I have tried using the search and it doesn't do what I think it should. I keep most everything on flash drives, so I don't always run into that issue, but i have so much stuff sometimes I forget where I put it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Bridge is a must have if you are using Adobe Photoshop and or Adobe Illustrator. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to quickly put a graphic into photoshop, edit photos before I put them in photoshop or opening them in adobe illustrator also. The bridge is open for me every time photoshop is open. Is is a must in my fast paced profession. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Lead Web Designer
What do you like best?

The ability to see multiple images and star/vote on our favorites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Search. I think there should be more flexibility in searches. I would also like to be able to keep bookmarks. Maybe there is a way but I haven't seen one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If working with photo assets and need an easy way to get your selects from use of star ratings, this is it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Collaboration with our photo studio. We keep our images on the server. Once, connected all of our images plus dates/star ratings is all kept. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Bridge allows me to import and arrange all of my photos and files efficiently. Keeps everything very organized and also lets me integrate with other design software such as Photoshop. One of its most useful features is providing the metadata of each photo with one click and sorting based on image properties. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The interface is very user-friendly and intuitive so it doesn't take much to learn how to use it. However, if your company does not have a creative team, there's not much use for Bridge as it is similar to Finder. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great for creative teams working with a lot of files, images, and artwork. Keeps everything very organized and allows for unique metadata sorting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bridge keeps me extremely organized and allows me to access files easily. It's also very useful when you want to scroll through several images without having to open each file individually. Great software for marketers, designers, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I love how you can organize content in Adobe Bridge for work or for personal reasons. It helps you clear the unwanted clutter. You can then focus on what really matters! You can organize your critical content that you use for web, video, and print materials. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes the program closes down sometimes randomly. I haven't had this happen too many times, but sometimes computers just have issues and a software closes or lags. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend this software, Adobe Bridge, to anyone who has a lot of files to work with in their daily work-life or personal life too. It makes organization a lot easier and it's really easy to find what you are looking for, rather than digging and digging in your folders on your computer drive. It's quick and easy! Also, any organizer would love this - it's like a dream come true to those that love organization and treat is as a hobby. It's actually pretty fun for those that enjoy this type of work! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving basic organizational issues and getting rid of clutter with Adobe Bridge. It's great for graphic designers or photographers, especially because they tend to have so much content and it gets to be messy when there are so many files and documents. I use this program at my work and it makes life a lot easier! I would love to use it at home too to organize files so it isn't so cluttered. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Illustrator
Graphic Design
What do you like best?

I like that you can view the files such as eps, ai, pdf, and other files without having to open them by using the viewer in the program. I like how you can search a file not just based by its name you can also search its file formats. Offering a black or dark grey theme feels like a plus since it is less harsh on eyes compared to looking at the old outdated feeling light grey.The Dark theme gives it that futuristic feel oppose to the grey theme that feels like its from the 90's. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The latest version i did have some occasional freezing with the program compared to the older versions i had no issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a super useful product to keep files organized and being able to keep them filtered by the file formats. Its way better than having to browse manually using your computers default file browser. This is like the designer version of a file browser specifically for your needs. I don't think there is any other program like this one. Its part of the Adobe Creative Suite so it is a must to install along with there other design based products. You can also add tags to your files as well which is useful when searching files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping client files super organized and being able to see the revisions i made by not just renaming the files but being able to view the file without having to open it by using the zoom tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Services and Support Center Specialist
Aviation & Aerospace
What do you like best?

Adobe Bridge comes with the package and a lot simpler as compared with other adobe software that requires a separate installation. It provides access to all image files saved in the storage as well as raw camera files that are unaccessible using a regular explorer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited ability to sort and categorize files and startup when unnecessary. A bit confusing layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want easy access to image files saved in your system, then this software is worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Search for files to edit comes easy with adobe bridge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Story Development Coordinator
Broadcast Media
What do you like best?

I like how it organizes and renames everything at once. It groups things and makes it convenient for the users! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. Just like all of the creative cloud it does take some extra time in getting the software figured out, but after a while it is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We just got the 2019 updates and at the station we love it. We use all of the software almost everyday . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organizing mass amounts of files. We have thousands of files through our mass comm. department that needs renaming or organizing! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

great with camera raw files and the ability to do quick image edits. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

can be very slow. for example batch keywords takes a long time. It has most of the same functionality as Lightroom but you need to know where to find that functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Bridge is great for quick small edits and viewing your camera RAW images. although it works best in conjunction with adobe lightroom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

we needed software where we could quickly flick through our camera RAW images. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director, Elevate & Creative Director
What do you like best?

That it shows thumbnails of EPS files! I have a ton of stock vector files and the only way I know which one I want to use is to preview the files in Bridge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is pretty confusing and seems to have way more features then i'll ever use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mostly just using it as a way to preview vector/EPS files. The majority of the artwork I deal with is vector and my operating system does not generate thumbnails of these types of files. Without Bridge I'd have a heck of a time finding what I need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sole Proprietor
Photography
What do you like best?

There was a time when I didn’t use Bridge and manually organized my files into folders, moving selects into another folder. Bridge makes everything so much easier and allows me to flag and rank my selects, makes batch processing much easier and so much more. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Like many Adobe products, there’s a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get it, it’s easy enough and there’s always more you can do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you’re a photographer and you’re not using it, you might probably should be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It allows me to organize all of my photo shoots and prioritize my edits, saving me tons of time and headache. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I love that Adobe Bridge makes it easy for the people working in my department to move between projects easily, and manage artwork together. It's easy to use and understand, and there are plenty of tutorials on the internet if you have questions, so we find this software extremely user friendly. We are able to improve the product we sell to customers through this software, and find that to be an invaluable resource. We find it easy to place images between our publications to get out to the user, and share files for easy team input. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't work on multiple projects at a time (if I can, I haven't discovered that feature yet). It would be great, if, like Adobe InDesign, we could have multiple windows within the program to work together. But again, that could be my ignorance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the problem of being able to edit and share work together. I have realized the benefit of most of the adobe suite, including InDesign, which we use daily - like bridge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner/Photographer
Design
What do you like best?

Prior to using Adobe Bridge, my image files were a mess. Everything was disorganized and it was a point of stress for me. Now, things are much more streamlined! I also like that it links with Photoshop (and does so really well! I've never had any hiccups with the linking of files) and it's especially helpful when I have a number of files to bring into Photoshop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For my uses, I haven't run into any issues with the software. It achieves exactly what I need it to! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it! It is a provided software once you have Photoshop, which makes the choice to use it incredibly simple. It'll be so helpful if you're looking for more organization and to manage your time more efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a wedding photographer, I take thousands of photos at each wedding. With Bridge, I can sort via time captured and that is most helpful for me. It helps organize my files and thus deliver them to my clients in the order of the day's events. It also really helps me with time management, of which is key for a business owner! I feel like this software allows me to take hours off of my photo editing and delivery process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

The sorting & rating features are super helpful, as is the ADobe Camera Raw feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the workspace arrangement gets rearranged, which makes my workflow more difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a photographer, Bridge helps me organize and locate photos quickly, so I can get onto editing and get them into use for my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Design Consultant and Illustrator
What do you like best?

Using Adobe Bridge I can quickly organize, rename, and even color code image files. Before I started using bridge my work files were always a mess. I didn't ever maintain an organized method of naming and categorizing the images I use in my designs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's absolutely no negatives to this software, it's just a bonus, if you are already using Photoshop why wouldn't you want to make things easier on yourself and keep all you image files organized with Bridge? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A lot of designer I have work with skip this program, don't do it. It's so much easier to keep all your image files in order with Adobe Bridge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Adobe Bridge saves me so much time and stress, I'm not the most organized person usually but it's really important for me to be able to work quickly and keep things in order. Adobe Bridge is perfect for this job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Teresa Powell
What do you like best?

I like that I can use Adobe Bridge to organize all my visual and audio assets, that I have in various places like my external and internal hard drives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find that some files are not indexed properly by Adobe Bridge, and I have checked the files and they are not corrupted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you give all your files titles from day 1, it will help you as you will be able to search for them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Adobe Bridge to catalog and index:

- Audio files (WAV, MP3)

- Video files (MP4, AVI)

I find it useful to be able to search and order by length and titles, and sometimes other metadata. It has found files that I could not find in My Computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UO
What do you like best?

Adobe Bridge is a much more sophisticated and specialized version of Windows Explorer. Bridge allows you to see more high-level, specific details/metadata for photos such as shutter speed, ISO, etc. without actually having to open the file. It's also very helpful in the fact that it displays working file thumbnails-- something that Windows Explorer isn't capable of doing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Adobe Bridge is not a simple tool. It's easy to use, but all of the extraneous information it provides can be overwhelming or make you feel like your space is cluttered. There's just so much going on that you might not necessarily need to know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Adobe Bridge is a helpful tool, but not necessary in your workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Cross-platform transfer/use of Adobe assets is easier using Adobe Bridge, as its intended purpose is to be a "bridge" between the different Adobe applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE