Uptimerobot Reviews & Product Details

Uptimerobot Overview

What is Uptimerobot?

The free online uptime monitoring service with an App available for iOS and Android (http://uptimerobot.com). With the Free Plan, you can monitor up to 50 URLs, check for the content of a website (using the keyword monitor), ping your server or monitor your ports in 5-minute intervals. You can create a status page to showcase your uptime. SMS or Call alerts can be bought anytime. Receive notifications via email, phone call, SMS, or integrations like Microsoft Teams, Telegram, Slack, Twitter, Zapier, Pagerduty, Splunk On-Call, Pushbullet, Webhooks, Google Chat, or Pushover. Upgrade to Pro to get more monitors, 1-minute intervals, unlimited status pages that you can customize, share announcements on your status page to which your customers can subscribe and receive them via email. With the Pro Plan, you can monitor SSL certificates or use the Heartbeat monitor to keep an eye on your cron jobs. Adjust and manage your monitoring with maintenance windows or advanced notifications, to avoid getting alerts during maintenance, or to receive notifications after a certain time of downtime.

Uptimerobot Details

Website monitoring

Uptime Robot
2010
Istanbul, Turkey
@uptimerobot

Answer a few questions to help the Uptimerobot community
Have you used Uptimerobot before?

Uptimerobot Reviews

Showing 29 UptimeRobot reviews
Already have Uptimerobot?
MIS Manager
Textiles
What do you like best?

Easy to use and very fast. I use it for all of mine servers (After years of free usage, I decided to buy the Pro tier) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recently I bought the Pro tier, but I did'nt recieve an e-mail messages with thanks and help to get started. Only a small "Thanks" Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is very easy to use, you can get started within 5 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

- Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Nothing. Nothing at all. Seriously. Just insufficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fact that on a paid account the typical alert time for ping monitoring was between 7 and 14 minutes.

But mostly that I started receiving a large amount of spam after creating this account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

My experience with UptimeRobot:

I set up 4 of our servers for ping monitoring. Then I blocked ICMP on each of them. The time to receive an alert was between 7 and 14 minutes. MUCH too long in my opinion. Binary Canary alerts within about 2 minutes. Add to that the VERY limited options offered for about the same price I find that UptimeRobot simply doesn’t offer nearly enough value.

But it gets even more interesting. Shortly after creating an account I noticed a HUGE uptick in the amount of spam being received by the email address I used to create the account – including from spammers using Limestone Networks – one of the main providers that is used by UptimeRobot. Could it be coincidence? Sure. But I don’t tend to believe in coincidences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. Stayed with Binary Canary Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Umut Muhaddisoglu of UptimeRobot

Hi Brian,

First of all, very sorry for the experience. That is unusual for us and I believe that this is related to a bug we experienced (and then fixed) on handling the lately added monitors. Normally, the downtime detection is below 2 mins.

Please feel free to give it a retry and also let us know if you experience any issues and we'd love to help.

Regarding e-mails/spam, we never sold and will never sell e-mails. Not sure if any company doing that can survive. We even never promoted a 3rd party product and, actually, we are also pretty bad at sending newsletters (the number of newsletters send in the last 24 months is probably less than 10). Sorry but it is definitely not Uptime Robot which is causing the spike in e-mails.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

It's no exaggeration, as it says on their website, it takes seconds to get started and setup is a breeze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, since it's such a simple service. It works exactly as advertised, no more, no less! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a shot! Creating an account with some monitors is free, so you can try out the monitors with no risk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Uptimerobot allows us to monitor the dozens of locations and websites we're responsible for maintaining, allowing us to receive alerts when one of them goes down. For example, we could watch different sites go down and come back up in real time when the California power outages were ongoing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Advertising Specialist
What do you like best?

Have a lot of different checks as well as very cheap and reliable.

As I'm using it for a long time, I really appreciate the fact they are always improving it, adding new checks, making interface more modern, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When editing alarms, I can't set it up for multiple domains at once. Mobile applications have a clumsy and unconvenient interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As it has very low pricing, you may consider simply buying it for a month and test out all the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making sure all services are online, so our team will react as soon as possible if some issue arises. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Although I dread getting an email from Uptimerobot saying that a server of mine is down, I love that it alerts me instantly when it goes down so I can fix it as fast as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You have to pay to get upcoming SSL expiry date alerts, but overall the free plan is very good even without this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can fix our servers the moment they go down, making our customers happier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

For several years we have been using Uptimerobot to monitor the uptime of our websites. Uptimerobot pings the server every 5 minutes and notifies us when they experience downtime. Uptimerobot didn't let us down and notifies instantly whenever there is a problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile web view looks a bit dated. It can use an overhaul. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reliable uptime monitoring for websites Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Every moment our website is down it costs money. Uptimerobot keeps an eye for us 24/7 and notifies downtime instantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

VP Engineering, Data & Platform
What do you like best?

The ability to easily pull data via the API and integrate the endpoints into our release pipeline meant that we could maintain checks in one place but use them at all stages of release validation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It’s a simple product, so if you want fancy you won’t find it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Start a free trial and explore it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Multi stage release pipeline integration. Besides that, we use it to monitor endpoints that have financial consequence for downtime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Riley Walz
What do you like best?

Their free plan includes up to 50 monitors at a 5 minute refresh interval. This is perfect for me, as I manage 30 or so websites for local businesses and can get almost instantly alerted if one of them goes offline. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The refresh interval could go down, maybe every 1 or 2 minutes. But for the free plan, 5 minutes is good enough for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to act in real-time to fix down websites before the client notices, so it keeps them happy and I am much more alert in terms of knowing if there is an outage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director
What do you like best?

I now find out about down time before our clients do 90% of the time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free plan is very good but has some limitations. Quite honestly I think that just upgrading to the Pro Plan sorts those shortcomings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

From what I can see it offers by far the best value. Try the free plan to trial it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring any issues with either our hosting or specific websites themselves. Now often get notified of issues and have them fixed before clients even realise there was an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UG
What do you like best?

Being able to have so many monitors at once is a great way to keep peace of mind when monitoring client sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When you have many sites on a shared server, they all typically go down. I often get 20 notices for all 20 sites on the shared server. I wish there was a way to create a server notification. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You get a lot of monitors for free so there is no reason not to give it a shot! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping clients happy. They know that if their site goes down, I'm the first to know and can take immediate action. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Brand Manager
What do you like best?

Very easy to use tool for our website monitoring activities. No learning curve, I just go straight up and sign up, add the URL of my website and done. It readily monitors the website with no other requirements or some javascript that needs to be embedded on the website. And the best part is, it is pretty accurate with its notifications and reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have no complains or negative issues with Uptime Robot. Best tool when it comes to monitoring the activities of your website, and it even gives you the type of error it is experiencing. Highly convenient and highly recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Highly recommended and every marketing team with a website or a web development team should have this tool on their arsenal. Convenient, and very easy to use. The support is tremendously responsive and even solved some of our issues when it comes to the monitoring process. Even gave us tips n how to fix our server-related errors. Pretty helpful and responsive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used to manually check or monitor our websites every day, with uptime robot, we are all set. We just set the website URL and forget it. We even have 4-year-old websites that we are still monitoring and we didn't lift a finger when a report came it that it was down. The website was immediately attended to and the client was happy thanks to the swift reporting and notification of Uptime Robot, we were able to check it right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

Very easy to set up. Friendly interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Probably needs more explanation or tutorials for newbies. Or at least make it easier to find the learn more functions for each feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Excellent tool for monitoring website performance. Especially if you're in charge of several domains. I work in the SEO and I'm constantly in need of verifying several domains. Both domains I manage as well as backlinks I get. Uptime robot offers a very convenient and reliable monitor for both domains and backlinks. I haven't used that much the 'port' monitoring features as I don't usually deal with server setup. But definitely considering getting the paid version. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Website monitoring and server performance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associé Product Leader
What do you like best?

You can track up to 50 websites individually for free with Uptimerobot.

Mainly used as a free service, There is also a subscription starting from $4.5, which enables SMS alerts and others cool features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When a tracked website is down, you'll receive email notifications. Only thing i would like to see improved is the email title : not containing enough information like down time ( you need to click inside the email ). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Never be warned by your clients that his website is down. You'll always be the first to have that information, which is so important of course to keep a good client relationship. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

UptimeRobot has a very simple interface (much better since the redesign a few years ago), and it has been extremely reliable. The free tier is very generous and enabled us to monitor many servers for a few years. We switched to the paid version (which is very affordable) to get the shorter monitoring intervals for a few servers that needed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have an easy way to force a retry after a failure alert has been triggered (e.g. we reset the server, now let's retry the monitor) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This has been an excellent experience for us and I recommend to my devops friends all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used UptimeRobot for over 6 years, and it has helped us monitor downtime as well as service failures (by utilizing keyword searches on specific pages) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EVP
What do you like best?

Very simple to setup and use, affordable and incredibly reliable.

I have used the free subscription for years, I switched to the paid plan 6 months ago and still satisfied by the service. I don't remember false positives in monitoring and I have a beautiful public dashboard with the uptime and 1 year logs of my services. The service is very simple to setup and customize, not so impressive if you look at the features but very effective and reliable. Several ways to get an alert are available, such as email, telegram, sms, rss, webhook and you can set different alerts for every monitor. The public status page is the best I have found for this price, you can set custom logo and custom domain and it is https. Other services claims to have powerful status pages but they are cumbersome or expensive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1 minute as minimum interval in monitoring and not many options in monitoring but the price is right for this kind of service. You cannot set colors on status page. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check what you have to monitor and the frequency.

You can use webhooks for customized alerts or status pages updates.

An easy to use mobile app is useful to get the alerts on mobile but you can still use email, telegram, rss, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are showing a third party uptime measurement of our cloud services, getting the alerts even when our internal monitoring system goes down. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Member, Board of Advisors
Consumer Electronics
What do you like best?

Quick alerts to my email when a monitored website goes down. It catches almost all downtime and has a limited number of false positives. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would be better with no false positives! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have used several off-the-shelf uptime monitoring tools and have found uptimerobot to be the most reliable. Their free tier offers sufficient functionality for most purposes, although some users may need a subscription to access more advanced features (biggest is 1-minute intervals, versus 5-minute on the free tier). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Easy & cheap uptime monitoring to confirm websites are still operating and hold hosting companies accountable to SLAs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

It's really easy to set up. It may not be as flashy as some of the others, but I find usefulness in simplicity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Seems like there's not a dedicated app for mobile. Notifications and thresholds could be a little more feature-rich. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring our business critical webpages and endpoints to be alerted if there is a loss of communication. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Director
What do you like best?

Its Affordable, simple to use, and has decent notification options. I like the public status page. There is a decent selection of monitor types and settings to help cutdown on false positives. Solid little mobile app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

+I'd like to see multi-user support.

+1m is pretty decent for most things but I wouldn't mind it going a bit lower, like every 30s.

+I'd like more customization for the public portal.

+Had just a few false positives but nothing egregious.

+SMS is just a little expensive to me and I wish the base plan came with just a couple a month or something. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Carefully go over all the things you might want to monitor externally and what is required to do that. You may need to get something more expensive or at least split between UTR and another solution.

Check out the app.

Consider using email-to-sms to get around SMS costs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Monitoring that web accessible services are up and available/responding on the open web, circumventing potential false positives and negatives that could be caused by testing internally. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Director
What do you like best?

I always know within seconds of a server, desktop or web service outage by email and push notification to Android. Excellent price, the easiest service I have ever had to setup and a good API available for integration with my own software and websites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not quite as well featured as a rival such as Pingdom, however this is reflected in the excellent and unbeatable price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I run various websites, virtual private servers and ecommerce solutions. I am notified imediately of any outage and usually have the problem resolved but the customer has seen it, or at least contacted the customer before they contact me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

IT Director
What do you like best?

I use Uptime Robot to monitor the circuits at each of our sites and also to monitor the web servers we have in-house. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Uptime Robot does exactly what it is supposed to and works reliably! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Amazing product. Simple and inexpensive and reliable. Does everything I need it to do and does it effectively. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Uptime Robot notifies me if any of our fiber circuits are down for over 1 minute. I am able to begin working on these circuits ASAP to get them back online and operational. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Author
What do you like best?

I love Uptimerobot's reliability and timely information Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not really much I dislike on Uptimerobot Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

downtime of a website or an application is a critical risk but it happens, if I am informed fast I can react fast Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

There's just nothing better than having something that just works and is really easy to set up. Bonus for customer facing dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything really. It does a certain number of things, and it does them very well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Uptime Robot to provide an easy 2nd point of confirmation for a client's internet services being up. It's super effective at this and unbeatable for the price. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

The free plan allows your to monitor a good amount of IP or FQDNs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the free plan has a 5 minutes minimum re-check timer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

alerts us if one of our internet facing systems is down, from an outside the office perspective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

DevOps
What do you like best?

It's easy to setup, it works right out of the box with minimal setup, supports multiple alerting solutions including opsgenie. Great pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it supported other simple monitoring tasks so that I could use it as a single solution for smaller projects, but in all honesty the one thing it does it does it really well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having a solution outside our infrastructure to monitor uptime of our services.

This gives us a better peace of mind and a much better downtime reaction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.