OwnBackup Reviews & Product Details

OwnBackup Overview

What is OwnBackup?

OwnBackup, a leading cloud-to-cloud backup and restore vendor, provides secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS and PaaS data, as well as sophisticated data compare and restore tools for disaster recovery. Helping more than 1,000 businesses worldwide protect critical cloud data, OwnBackup covers data loss and corruption caused by human errors, malicious intent, integration errors and rogue applications. Built for security and privacy, OwnBackup exceeds the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements for backed-up data. Co-founded by seasoned data-recovery, data-protection and information-security experts, OwnBackup is a top-ranked backup and restore ISV on Salesforce AppExchange and was awarded the Salesforce Appy Award in 2018. Headquartered in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, with R&D, support and other functions in Tel Aviv and London, OwnBackup is the vendor of choice for some of the world’s largest users of SaaS applications. For more information, visit http://www.ownbackup.com.

OwnBackup Details
German, English, French, Hebrew

The Only Salesforce Backup Solution Built for the Enterprise

OwnBackup
2015
Fort Lee, NJ
@OwnBackup

OwnBackup Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the OwnBackup community
Have you used OwnBackup before?

OwnBackup Reviews

Showing 191 OwnBackup - Backup and Recovery reviews
Already have OwnBackup?
Director of Sales Operations
What do you like best?

Almost Instant Onboarding and Amazing Support from day 1. This product is also Declarative and any decent SF Admin will be off and backing up their Orgs the within a day or even hours of signing up.

This also has a built in GDPR tool, Sandbox Seeding tool as well. I have installed this at multiple companies and it is the #1 tool you gotta have. This is literally iCloud for Salesforce !!! The advanced key management and their security processes are the best available. We love their notifications and ability to change the backup scheduling and do ad-hoc back ups if we need as well. Matt B, Kevin T, Jurij H, John M, and our onboarding guy Brian R were incredible all the way through !! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could use it more? But that would mean bad things were likely happening in our Salesforce Org. We are doing a merge soon, and I am going to try and use it some for seeding sandboxes and try to push data across orgs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have an Executive Sponsor on the project who understands the implications of not having a backup solution. Do your comparative shopping for other vendors, as Own Backup is clearly #1 - Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used it for GDPR compliance, validating we were not affected by Pardot data leaks, cloud backups, Sandbox Seeding, Record Change Auditing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This system is ideal for us since we keep all the information, invoices, sales, customer payments, important documents safeguarded; ownbackup through your system is protected with a backup, the system is very necessary for companies since it keeps your information protected, it is an option to have a second chance to recover all documents in case you lose files or important data of the company, maintains security with passwords, filters and any type of security to prevent the entry of any person who is not authorized and I like this because we are much more secure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have a point or drawback regarding the service because it has worked relatively well it has helped us as a company to improve our files by keeping them organized and protected in your cloud system and software has both services, cloud servers can be a little more optimal in this way upload the information faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely, the system is very nice, it is worth using it, it can be somewhat expensive, unlike other cloud storage systems, however ownbackup always specializes in maintaining backup, filters, password to the company's system and both the company and the workers. they keep their shelter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has definitely been a key point in the storage of information and data, of the company now we are much safer maintaining ownbackup has tools, features, filters that are responsible for managing the data and files either from our computer or data in the cloud In order to create backup copies but also when needed we can make use of it and download or delete it, I think it is very safe and pleasant my opinion It is very worth using this system to maintain an organization in each data of the company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

It' s one of the best backup programs I use to back up my files. I like this feature, I can receive alerts when something changes in my data, and I know that I can view this data visually. I see and analyse the information to see if something went wrong, if something changed or if something happened that shouldn't have happened! The program also remembers recovery times quickly! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I found a problem because the program is where people can access your data, or when they try to duplicate it. Placing this information in the sandbox was a little difficult for me. I've done it before, but the first couple of times I've played with it, it was a challenge for me to understand it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tools from OwnBackup are very helpful for recovery and backups. They also help us fight data corruption. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is used to notify the user, so we know when the data has been changed, when it needs updating, etc. It also helps us find the data files and easily restore their backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Intelligence Developer
What do you like best?

OwnBackup is the ideal option for recovering data. It's a really user friendly managing user interface, but also really ingenious. I wear it in a second business, and on site backups have saved me a large amount of cash. An underestimated portion of the day regimen of utilizing these backups is actually they give us the independence to maintain our creation business cleaner and much more intense, realizing in case we are wrong, we are able to go back and get hold of them out of the OwnBackup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

To be honest, there's absolutely nothing I do not like about them. Whenever I needed assistance, I might get it in a fair period. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Comparing this along with other conclusions, you are taking into consideration the abilities of the staff of yours. For organisations with intense growth, several equipment might be far more sensible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Restoring removed information, reviewing modifications in particular data, searching for metadata and data in the sandbox before updating and rapidly exporting data like it was on a particular day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SFDC functional team leader
What do you like best?

The ease of use and the support we received at the very beginning - a representative was setting it all with us, taking us step by step through the process. We then received additional training that was also super helpful. The customer experience was seamless from the very beginning. It has lots of great features that we haven't fully used yet but it gives me a sense of security that I know they are out there. One of the examples that I like for the testing and training purposes - data replication from production to sandbox. This has been a big issue for us so far and it's great it can be resolved with this solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We had only one problem so far - with data replication from production to developer sandbox. However, OwnBackup has reached out to us when they noticed the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Talk with the representatives. They are really great - of course they want to sell the product but they also show you the demo and tell what is possible and what's not. We have 2 orgs and go live with them (+2 full sandboxes) took us about half an hour, being guided by the support during the live call. It was a very easy and pleasant experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We monthly releases in our production environment. Until we had OwnBackup, if anything turned to work differently on prod than it did in Sandbox, it was a problem to return to original set up. Right now it's really easy and quick so we can respond to our user's feedback much faster than in the past.

The training and tests are now also easier to conduct in sandbox with data replication function - it provides us more meaningful results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of IT Solutions
What do you like best?

A great user interface, able to back up multiple instances as well as metadata.

Very simple to use and great confidence to backup our instance; provides us the peace of mind if something did happen we would be able to simply restore.

Also has great functionality to manage user access/deletion requests where you can edit/delete records from your backups simply.

You can compare backups and understand data changes etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's quite expensive but given it is core functionality when you are building an enterprise database the value is great.

Ideally I'd like to delete/modify multiple records at once.

It would also be great to have multiple backups of the same instance; e.g. one encrypted, one not Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This provides us safety and security so if we do have a data loss/breach our process and protocol for restoring is quick, simple and relatively pain free Hence we can limit impact on our end users! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineering Manager
What do you like best?

OwnBackup seamlessly integrates with my Salesforce Org and backs up my data with little thought and effort on the part of myself or my team. We rely on our data for day-to-day operations. The data backup operates in the background and provides a sense of security for our company in the event of a malicious attack or any accidental deletion of some kind. If there is an interruption of connection of any kind, OwnBackup sends an alert to notify me that the backup or connection has been disrupted and allows me the opportunity to make sure we maintain constant connection to have up to date data at all times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the additional integrations are quite pricey for a small business, but I have no dislikes of the product itself. All of the integrations my company have used have been easy to use and with have nothing but positive things to say about the product. More tiered pricing plans would be helpful for my growing company. It is difficult to pull the trigger on less vital features like developer org seeding at the current price-point given the number of users we have. Our company has a large number of employees, but our development team is only six users including myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The base level of OwnBackup is very worth the cost. If you can swing the additional expenses, the extra features are very worth the additional cost involved considering the time saved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OwnBackup integrates easily with our production and sandbox orgs and provides clear peace of mind that our data is protected under a number of circumstances that could otherwise leave our company dead in the water. We have had incidents in the past where data has been accidentally deleted from our org and had to be manually added back in. With OwnBackup, we can easily restore data with a few clicks in the application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engineer - Salesforce Developer
What do you like best?

You never want to lose anything that you put your blood sweat and tears into. Now more than ever with Coronavirus and other influences causing people to work from home you need protection for your Salesforce data and metadata! OwnBackup provides a complete backup solution that is easy to use and has won multiple awards. It is so easy to create the backups and see immediate results! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had much contact with the OwnBackup team unless I reach out to them. I'd like to be a bit more in touch with my account representative. I am also frustrated that I continue to receive warning emails on a daily basis that I'm backing up specific kinds of metadata. I've been told by OwnBackup that I can just deselect backing up that specific metadata and I'll stop getting the warnings, but I'm not yet convinced that this information will not be needed or helpful in performing a complete restore in the event of a disaster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and perform a trial/evaluation before you buy it. Also, make sure you look at the ROI of not having a solution or your current solution vs OwnBackup as a solution. Consider getting sandbox seeding - it is another big win if you don't currently have a solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce has limited backup ability. It also requires A LOT of work to restore any Salesforce implementation with more than a couple of objects. Besides that, Salesforce has now discontinued providing the option of restoring your data and metadata for you (for a fee). Because we have OwnBackup, we will be able to restore data or metadata with minimal loss and downtime and the price was very fair. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Finance/Controller
What do you like best?

The simple, yet powerful ability to regularly back up your entire SalesForce Environment (objects and metadata) for an extremely affordable price. This tool also eliminates concerns that SalesForce will only backup (and provide to you) standard objects. OwnBackup easily covers the backup of all our objects (both standard and custom), as well as all of the meta data. This allows us to easily restore our production or sandbox environments quickly and with minimal downtime or expensive consulting hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some objects, especially as they pertain to 3rd party products, that have some difficulty uploading to OwnBack. We have had a few issues with restoring our UAT environment from our production environment as well. The sales team could have also done a better job initially explaining all of the available features, and completely understanding their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you ask a lot of questions around their pricing model and what each feature entails. Especially make sure you understand your organizational needs for frequency and quantity of backing up your objects (e.g. once per day of only 2-3 objects, or 4 times per day for 1 object, etc). The pricing does change based on your back-up needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

SalesForces has poor backup capabilities, that really only backup standard objects and data within your environment. Several months back, when SalesForce accidentally gave all users admin settings, they shut everything down. We had to pay some expensive consulting hours for consultants to come in and rebuild our environment and metadata so user roles, custom objects, and everything in between was restored properly. This also took almost a week to restore. OwnBackup customers were able to be back up in a matter of hours.

We currently also back up our data to GCP, but tend to have issues every time an object is modified, or new objects are created. OwnBackup provides a clean, simple, and inexpensive solution to solving many of our data protection problems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce, Team Lead
What do you like best?

When we purchased OwnBackUp it was to do just what the name says... back up our data. However, when we got into it we realized it did so much more. We currently utilize them for backing up our data, sandbox seeding (with anonymous data) and GDPR compliance.

When we were implementing GDPR our Legal and Marketing team was struggling with how to 'forget' people when requested. With OwnBackUp it's as simple as deleting them from PROD and then walking through the step by step process to remove them from all back ups! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm at a loss for words on what I dislike...

The interface can be a tad clunky at times and isn't as user friendly as I would expect. However, once you start using it it's not a problem. Customer Success is always willing to assist if needed, but their online knowledge center is quite robust and offers step by step guides on how to do everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I know the cost can feel expensive, but trust me this tool is worth it. We use it weekly when refreshing our sandboxes and completing GDPR request. I personally feel like the data backup is a process that just happens in the background and I don't even have to think about it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GDPR Compliance - With OwnBackUp we are able to 'forget people when they request to have their information removed from our systems. It's as easy as 1-2-3 with their point and click process.

Sandbox Seeding with Anonymous Data - With Sandbox Seeding we are able to seed our sandboxes with data from PROD, but also we are able to select what data comes over and if it's anonymized or not. This has made Security/Legal very happy with us!

Data Back Up for 99 Years. WHAT? - Our data is backed up ever 15 minutes with OwnBackUp and we don't have to worry about losing our data if anything happened. When NA59 when down for 4 days last year it was a life saver that we had OwnBackUp because we could run queries and continue to do our jobs without Salesforce. Granted it was difficult to continue work out a spreadsheet, but at least we had our data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Administrator
What do you like best?

I like that we can easily back up multiple Salesforce orgs with the same license. The initial setup was almost too easy, and I had an implementation manager with me for the entire process. I also like that I get regular emails letting me know the backup is working and successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Overall, there was nothing that created an issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

While it would be nice to have a working demo, the OwnBackup sign-up process is simple and worth the money Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We now have daily backups of 2 major orgs, and since the process is automated, there is little to no effort/ Before we had OwnBackup, we had to manually backup the org weekly, and the data backup was separate. Restoring this was very time consuming and not simple or economical.

Now we have a complete solution, with multiple days of data to roll back on, as well as a simple process to restore our Salesforce instance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I know that OwnBackup is there in the background running all the time, and I don't need to worry should we have a failure or if we need it. It requires very little effort and really is like set it and forget it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are just a few things that I didn't like. It's not as easy to restore a single record. You have to jump through several hoops to find it, export it and then reimport it to restore one item. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most definitely peace of mind! I have no worries knowing that anything that I do or change, especially in bulk, can be reversed with a few steps. There is nothing more terrifying than taking a leap when you have no netting and OwnBackup provides that safety net. Being able to restore anything quickly and efficiently is a key in the fast paced sales and support environment and knowing that it's there in the event you need it, makes it worth the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We had been using a different backup solution prior to Ownbackup and noticed a big difference right away. We had not been able to successfully restore any metadata previously which was a need we often had. With Ownbackup, not only did restoring data work wonderfully, but it was incredibly simple to do. We've been able to track down differences in environments to solve user issues, and we now have the peace of mind that a backup solution SHOULD give. Their support in particular has been incredible, even giving me a call back after hours to help figure out why something wasn't working when we were new customers. Spoiler: It was user error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far we haven't run into anything we haven't been able to accomplish, or anything that didn't work exactly as advertised. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ensure that we don't lose work between environments, and that our codebase's integrity is maintained. Rolling back changes that caused unforeseen problems in production. Keeping a backup of work done by third party developers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ownbackup does what they say they will do. They are the backup solution that you need if you have issues with your Salesforce instance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Price seems a bit high as it's a per user cost and for a large org that can be expensive. Would be ideal to have a pricing option for a org wide basis for enterprise pricing but they were really good to work with for discounts for larger organizations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you don't consider ownbackup make sure you know what your data recovery, backup and restoration solution is for your salesforce CRM. This is essential to have in the world today. If you want the gold standard for that business need this is that product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We just had a data corruption issue in production in our release this week and it helped to easily resolve it. You hope you never need it but when you have it as an admin it makes your life way easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The OwnBackup tool has an easy-to-use interface that allows for quick setup of backup copes of Production and sandbox orgs. The backups are easy to find and the provided dashboard allows for quick identification of what records are changing/deleting. Super easy to set up and use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike with OwnBackup. The only thing that could work better is getting to specific SObjects records within a backup. The dashboard allows you to choose which object to review but clicking to open the backup will take you to the full backup where you have to select the SObject you are looking for, again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

OwnBackup provides part of our disaster-recovery. We have relied on it multiple times due to Salesforce outages, user errors or grabbing historical data for reporting. The ability to backup the metadata has also allowed us to monitor changes with our development and restore if we have issues with newer development Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We have been using Ownbackup for a while for our daily data backups and weekly metadata backups from Salesforce.

1. Compare the different backup versions

2. data and metadata restore process

3.sandbox seeding

4. Role based accounts for users, which allows the limited access to handle the data .

5.OwnBackup do backing up your Salesforce Data easy and quick. The last thing you want to do is spend valuable development time building your own backups and having to maintain them. Ownbackup solves that problem in spades. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

1. Restoring Data have some disadvantages

2. Each feature cost licenses , added features = $$$

3.No info on what kind of role can access can do in ownbackup.

4.Restore the data or clone the data to a sandbox is kind of complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're having Data and that need to referred after 5 -10 yrs, Ownbackup is the perfect solution for your need, Easy to use where the UI helps you to navigate through the steps.

-Ownbackup gives a different variations of servers where you you can choose which server fit into your data model and Data compliance end.

-Easy to setup the Users and based on the we can provide the access to perform different tasks in Ownbackup Like , Devops can see all data and metadata fies , where developer can only see some metadata files and can't have access for Data.

- Custom Success Team - A dedicated team will help through the Setup process , user creating , Salesforce Production and sandbox setup with Ownbackup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

1. Archive Data

2.Data Backup from Salesforce without any custom code.

3. Metadata comparison within the org or Org to Org. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Technical Project Manager
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I like that it is completely separate from your salesforce setup. I also like how easy it is to set up. It literally takes about 30 seconds. It is so simple to use. The price is really good. So far we have had really good customer service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that once you set it up for your org it would auto-setup for your sandboxes. Other than that I haven't had anything else that I don't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

When you are looking for a Salesforce backup. this is a great one to consider because it stores not only the data but the metadata of your records and objects. I only found that in OwnBackup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the need to back up our data and not having to write syncs to a backup service for our SQL database. It also mitigates some risk by having it backed up by a 3rd party instead of trying to do it ourselves. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Database and Systems Manager – Archbishop and Vicar-General’s Office
What do you like best?

Ownback allows you to backup both data and metadata, which is great for when metadata updates or changes go wrong. The App allows you to configure alert for when records are either updated or deleted, or when a backup process has errors or fails to complete, making the Administrator job easier. You can also compare backup jobs different dates and even from production or sandbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even though the app backs up the entire salesforce instance, including community, not all files restoration are supported by the technical team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are using ownback with Salesforce, make sure that all data and metadata you intend to back up - all file types are supported by the support team in case of recovery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Because Ownbackup allows for both metadata and data backup, your investment is protected from disaster. If something gets deleted by accident, corrupted during an update, it can be restored to its original state. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior IT Support Technician
What do you like best?

I'm confident it is working. They email you the moment it's not. We used it for Salesforce. I liked being able to filter information so you don't have to pull down the whole thing. It was perfect when we were trying to process every attachment we had to anything in SF. We would have had to build some massive projects to do what OwnBackup did for us. We just linked it, allowed it to max our API call limit for awhile to get caught up on backups. After the initial backups, we never had any more issues with API call limits. We were able to download an export of our entire SF, use a custom app to process them into a new file structure, and upload them to Sharefile.com

Routine on-demand backups are very fast. It would take less than 30 minutes to take an incremental snapshot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It all takes a while to do things. To get a download of our entire SF would take a few hours. You queue up export jobs. They run for a bit, ask you to further filter, and then it takes a little while after that to get the results. It all works fine, but certainly, nothing feels dynamic. The filtering you have to do through excel. You download an excel sheet, then you can remove attributes, then let it continue getting your data. Pricing is per user and was getting expensive for us, but nothing compared to the cost of SF. We ditched SF, and then didn't need OwnBackup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great hands-off way to backup SF and be confident it's working. They send weekly emails with details as well as immediate emails if a backup completely fails. It's good for advanced users to pull data back from. It's good for Sandbox seeding. They have a good solution for it with features like scrambling data so end users can test without security concerns. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our entire customer database was in SF. That's working millions to us, so the cost of Ownbackup was completely worth it. It was very easy to link and gave use all complete ease about the data having restore points of at least every day in case if any of our bulk updates ever horrifically messed anything up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Systems Analyst
What do you like best?

This is an essential tool for every company, something hopefully that will not need to be used in a worst case scenario, but something that is indispensable if data corruption were to happen.

The security of knowing your Salesforce orgs are backed up, and in the event of an emergency can be redeployed quickly to get your company back up and running in hours instead of weeks or months is by far the most critically important function of OwnBackup.

The sandbox functionality is also great, with the ability to compare changes, restore if needed, seed anonymous data for testing, and check for differences between orgs. Overall this is a great tool! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

No downsides! Even if OwnBackup only provided the backup part it would be worth the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's absolutely worth the cost! With Salesforce official stance on data backup and integrity, OwnBackup is a must for every company. There is no question, if something happens and your data is corrupted, you will want OwnBackup to help you get up and running. The fact that they make it easy...that's just amazing. You can get back up and running in hours or days vs weeks or months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the very difficult "what if" scenario where data corruption takes down our org and we have to bring it all back online as soon as possible. We are also exploring the use cases for seeding sandboxes! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Customer Relations Manager
What do you like best?

Simple set and forget! Very little to manage on a day to day basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is difficult to piece through so much data when needed. Since I haven't had to dig into it much it can be a learning curve to figure out when needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd suggest spending some time demoing this with their team before jumping in. It can be hard to understand the value until something happens which means you might never "realize" the value but it is a good thing to utilize for the safe-mind it provides. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Secure quick backup solution for all data. I don't have to worry about managing any backups on a day to day basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Functional Analyst, Salesforce
What do you like best?

- Ease of use to backup, restore, or compare data

- Lots of functionality included, even in the lower license tiers

- Support has always been very helpful when needed

- Ability to hook into multiple sandboxes along with a production org

- Alerting us on unusual changes to our data (very useful!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if there was a native Salesforce app we could expose to allow delegated users the ability to selectively compare records against backups and/or restore records themselves without needing to involve IT (such as a sales operations team). Some competitors have this, but did not stack up nearly as strong in all other areas as OwnBackup did for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The need to backup our data is the primary problem we needed to solve. This makes our data accessible in the event of Salesforce disasters or outages (like the whole permageddan incident a couple years ago), and also allows us to quickly step back in time if someone deletes or corrupts data on a record by mistake, or simply when someone challenges that something "used to be a different value" - we can now step far back in time and show that value on any given day. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Getting started with Owncloud was not too difficult and staff were quick to help with my support questions. Good support is really important as we would probably only contact our backup provider for support if there was an emergency, so it is reassuring to see how responsive the support has been. My favourite feature is to be able to import backups to mysql and there is even an API to automate it. But overall I like the extensive featureset, clean simple interface, and clear documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think I dislike anything about it. It is more expensive than some competitors, but this is worthwhile for a solid dependable product that meets all our needs, and when it comes to backup management of our entire salesforce org, this is really important. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to get some sleep at night knowing our data is properly backed up, and a couple of times this has turned out to be a life saver as previously we would have to wade through reams of data to fix mistakes or issues with data, and now we can do it in a couple of clicks. The hidden benefit has been the ability to do data comparisons and data migrations between sandboxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.