OwnBackup

Ask OwnBackup a Question
Showing 10 OwnBackup reviews
Ransom B.

"Peace of Mind"

What do you like best?

It allows our Legal and IT teams to relax about data loss. We can be sure that everything is going to be there if Salesforce has any issues. Plus, we can rollback if something arises that we didn't anticipate.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes to winnow through all the data for specific items and try to get it back into production, or even a sandbox. After a bit of practice, it isn't too hard, but there is a learning curve, and in an emergency to recover, don't expect to be back on track in minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unlimited storage and peace of mind make this a great product, that reduces costs such as storing Salesforce data that can be archived. Your legal and IT departments will breathe a sigh of relief.

As stated above, it is solving issues about data retention for Legal and IT needs. Plus, we can archive old, expensive SF data, which the CTO loves.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about OwnBackup
Kimin K.

"OwnBackup Gives You Admin Superpowers!"

What do you like best?

OwnBackup is probably one of the most intelligent and useful solutions in the Salesforce ecosystem. Aside from giving us the peace of mind that all our data and metadata is backed up, it also allows us to monitor and manage our orgs in a way we never thought possible. Some of the best features are the smart alerts that flag to us when something outside normal parameters, Sandbox seeding for when we're doing training, the ability to restore data and metadata from any point in time. (OwnBackup is essentially a time machine.) We also really like the option to push data to a SQL endpoint. Overall, I think it's OwnBackup's incredible staff that really makes this product shine; they are incredibly responsive, friendly and so ahead of the curve; it shows in their stellar and ever-evolving product

What do you dislike?

Really, nothing. I think that OwnBackup is on point; though I'm very excited to see what's next.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You won't be disappointed.

Our previous implementer had no backup plan whatsoever, not even the weekly data exports. This was unacceptable when I joined the team, so I set out to evaluate backup solutions. OwnBackup was the clear winner, and we got so much more functionality than we bargained for.

What SaaS Backup solution do you use?

Rich S.

"Easy Setup, Easy Use, Great Sandox Tools, HIPAA Compliant"

What do you like best?

OwnBackup is a HIPAA compliant back up service that is willing to sign Business Associate Agreements when needed. This is a huge win right out of the gate. Previously, I was downloading weekly backups directly from Salesforce. In the beginning this was no big deal as there were only one or two files to download. But as the file counts kept growing this backup solution became a real chore. And then how are you going to actually map the data you are downloading weekly back into Salesforce. All attachments are stripped of their extensions and there is no great way to see what is in each file. Had we had a data loss during this period it would have been incredibly painful. I can't overstate that.

Surprisingly OwnBackup's user interface is very easy to use. Backups are consistent each day and not limited to once a week. It is very easy to go and see which fields were changed and restore any data. They also have a great Sandbox tool that allows you to obsfucate i.e. swap out names of accounts or other information so they are no longer identifiable. This is a great way to test data without exposing sensitive data. They also allow you to seed in smaller data sets (great for smaller sandboxes). Another great use case is Salesforce only allows a refresh every 30 days on Full Sandboxes. With OwnBackup you can mess up all the data in your testing and then load back in the fresh data set and test your operations again. Rinse and repeat as many times as necessary until you know the system is working as desired.

Oh yeah, and the pricing was has a very good price to value ratio! It is an outstanding tool!

What do you dislike?

Better support for sandboxes that are on custom ORGs. Not a deal killer by any means but linking the Sandbox to OwnBackup is a little more tricky when you have custom org enabled.

Peace of mind with daily backups in a HIPAA secure environment. Easy restore and manipulation of data. Sandbox control, obfuscation and seeding.

llhod l.

"OwnBackup - Backup of SaaS and PaaS data"

What do you like best?

OwnBackup is a main cloud-to-cloud backup and restore merchant. They give secure, automated, daily backups of SaaS and PaaS data and in addition complex data look at and restore tools for catastrophe recovery. The arrangement additionally furnishes endeavors with the execution and revealing required to meet consistence controls in various businesses.

What do you dislike?

Visual data management system is not good as Azure and AWS cloud services . Infact they provide deep understanding and visualization of data for management .

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tools provided by OwnBackup are very useful for data recovery and protection . Also it helps against data corruption .

We use it for custom alerts to get informed about when the data is changed and when it needs to get updates and stuff . Also it helps us to find our data archives and then easily recover the backups .

Pete C.

"Easy, reliable backup solution"

What do you like best?

It just works! Setup is easy and thereafter backups are automatically taken care of. Restores are easy and quick too. The fact that OwnBackup backs up an org's metadata as well as the regular data is really valuable, too. We have several Salesforce orgs (and their associated Sandboxes) and we're able to back the whole lot up with a single OwnBackup instance.

What do you dislike?

Finding what you want to restore can be a bit fiddly sometimes, especially if you're just looking for a single object or subset of things.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Go for it - it's easy, quick and reliable.

We had a database backup solution in place already but the fact that OwnBackup does metadata too is really valuable for us. And the restores are much easier than our old solution.

Raymond D.

"Backup in style with OwnBackup!"

What do you like best?

This is one of the greatest backup programs I have used for backing up my data. I love the feature that allows me to receive alerts if my data is being altered in any way, and i am also privy to the fact that I am able to see this information visually. I am able to get on and analyze the data, to see if there is anything going wrong, or if there were changes made, or if anything happened that should not have! The program is also very fast in recall time for retrieving data recoveries!

What do you dislike?

There is one problem I have had with this program being the way that individuals are able to retrieve their data, or if they are trying to copy it. Putting this information into a sandbox has been a bit difficult for myself to figure out. I have done it, but it has been a headache to understand it for the first few times playing around with it.

This program has made it possible for myself to do my job efficiently. I am able to quickly access data that I need to, and when there are changes by people I work with, if there are any changes, i am able to keep track of them. I also enjoy that the program is a secure platform, and because of that I am very comfortable using it without worrying about my data!

Uma Madurey V.

"Senior Salesforce Developer"

What do you like best?

1. Backup history

2. Ability to schedule the backup multiple times in a day

3. Ability to search for snapshots

4. Ability to compare snapshots

5. Ability to restore and replicate data/metadata

6. Visual representation of data/metdata changes

7. Export backups to csv.

8. Proactive alerts

9. Label the backups

10. Compare production and sandboxes and restore data

11. Full Org restore

Ex : Copy features from one sandbox to another.

12. Most important of all, OwnBackUp can tell us the scope of change

What do you dislike?

Recovery time could be time consuming sometimes when we go for large size data backups

Other than the above concern, I am really happy with the product

Recommendations to others considering the product:

OwnBackup is an excellent product. Please do not think twice to use this product.

We take backup of our salesforce production data and metadata.

Erik S.

"OwnBackup - The Most Comprehensive Backup Platform for Salesforce"

What do you like best?

OwnBackup does a fantastic job backing up, recovering, and monitoring Salesforce platform data. The Smart Alert and Sandbox Seeding features are particularly useful.

What do you dislike?

Seeding production data to sandboxes based upon many-to-many relationships through junction objects is more complex and time-consuming than I would prefer. If the solution could be enhanced to do this in a more automated fashion, that would be very helpful.

OwnBackup works well for backup and disaster recovery as well as seeding data to developer sandboxes for ongoing development and testing.

David W.

"Ownbackup Review"

What do you like best?

This is a tools that you set it and forget tools.

What do you dislike?

the Find feature only search of the first 50 match, not all

We use this tools for compliance reason, But good to have a good backup daily for our org.

"Ownbackup review"

What do you like best?

Ease of use for back, restore and sandbox seeding.

What do you dislike?

Would be nice if we could run data searches based on SOQL.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to look at sandbox seeding as its worth the commitment.

Provides us a backup for restore as that functionality does not exist within Salesforce.

Learning about OwnBackup?

* We monitor all OwnBackup reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.