Kareo Reviews & Product Details

Kareo Overview

What is Kareo?

Kareo makes it easier and more rewarding for you to run an independent medical practice. We offer the only cloud-based, clinical and business management technology platform dedicated to serving the unique needs of independent practices. Our software helps you find and engage with patients, run a smarter business, provide better care, and get paid faster. From the front office to your back-end billing, Kareo Practice Management streamlines the way you work. It’s easy to use and proven powerful by the more than 65,000 providers that trust it for their small practices. Unlike other companies that built their offering for large medical groups or hospitals, Kareo is purpose-built for the work flows and unique needs of the independent practice. The result is an affordably-priced platform without the bells and whistles that you don’t need.

Kareo Details
Discussions
Kareo Community

Our affordable, cloud-based solutions free doctors' hands for the important work of patient care.

Kareo is Friendly, Flexible, and Transparent.

We run our company based on business practices that are friendly, flexible, and transparent because we know you are relying on us to help you succeed.

As a Kareo customer, you’ll feel appreciated and supported due to the many benefits including:
►No long-term contracts and flexibility to adjust your subscription without penalty
►Free onboarding including access to your own Success Coach
►A clear and simple pricing model that offers affordable ways to grow your practice
►Easy access to support via phone, chat, and email at no additional cost

Kareo

Kareo Reviews

Showing 105 Kareo reviews
Already have Kareo?
Clinical Psychologist
What do you like best?

Kareo was easy to introduce as substitute to our previous practive management system. It offers all needed feature for the adminsitrativ tasks of a practice. We have all schedules in one place and therefore everything is more transparent and the daily appointments are displayed in a good mannner. we have stored patient profiles, which provide the necessary background information before a UN investigation, so the patient feels more welcome and there is a somewhat friendlier atmosphere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The payment system is somewhat complicated. I think it would be much simpler, since it is actually a simple and not complex process. Sometimes the program feels somehow not that intuitive, for certain aspects we had to call customer support multiple times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have some questions, do not hesitate to contact Kareo's customer support, they are usually really friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing and scheduling Appointments, care of patient files, payment tracking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Its interface is precise and fast, with very adequate dispositions of invoicing in real time, backups of automated management for the control of stable financial actions, grouping of independent collection information, development of payment encryption leaks, computerized medical insurance verification processing, advice on clinical regulations of professional adjustment of digital diagnostic self-service, Centralized medical practice management compliance, cloud reporting schemes, enterprise medical management tracking, simple communicative interaction with patients, intelligent care and efficient incorporation of successful business results are employed through this server called kareo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The kareo software tends to distort the acceptances of asset control in my company, due to an overload of statistical function properties found in its base system, so its workflow layout tends to be affected in the support of medical guidelines processes, hospital management follow-ups, disproportionate customer care balance communications, deficient market study with file transfer support administrations, correspond to the wrong order professional negotiation performance necessary for my company, having to establish sectors document orientation with incorporation of economic verification resources to maintain an operational proven commercial impulse record. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Recommendations of qualified origin are managed with the presentation of kareo documents, where separations of medical diagnostic advice are made, remote construction formats of enriched telecommunications management in the cloud, shared data connection management, simple tool control layouts, designs of product marketing command adaptations, Invoice processing orientation selection, file storage dimension prioritization, digital accounting template arrangement, web service code search accuracy of technical form printouts, intelligent electronic layout messaging, are supported with the tool management skills of this programming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is the kareo platform used in my company to refer payments of economic aspect, segmentation of positions of guard of information of the client, systematization of adjustments of codification of procedures of medical commercial negotiation, emergence of income by means of checks of financial adjustment for prescriptions of medicines, monitoring of progress of centralized administrative networks, Incorporation of user document delivery balances, product descriptions with local connection analysis, customization of modular interface with computerized recording loads of rich accounting shipping media orientation codes, are estimated with the planned query system of this application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Kareo is a medical billing tool that allows you to schedule appointments, receive insurance payments, perform insurance verification, store documents online and receive robust reports. I personally love the service because it is web-based which promotes easy access, the platform has multiple price plans and features that are designed to meet different needs of use, has a trial version, has availability of mobile application for Android and iPhone. Its usability is very simple, since it has almost no learning curve, as for its interface I can say that it is very well designed, since its design allows you to easily find all the options for use, which saves time when working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One aspect that makes me uncomfortable working with Kareo is that the support team gives very little support when it comes to solving problems that the service presents. I remember that on several occasions I have had to solve problems through our means since the help they did not provide was very little. I consider that the process that has to be executed to integrate this software to ERP platforms is quite cumbersome to do, since it is a quite long process and if you do not have the appropriate experience it is very easy to get lost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Kareo is a platform that has no limits, its operation is excellent, it is highly profitable for any hospital, clinic or laboratory, its system adapts perfectly to every need, it is very easy both to use and to implement, I recommend it because I have been working with this service for a long time and the experience it has given me has been very good, since I can perform multiple tasks with ease, speed and precision. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kareo is a tool that has allowed us to substantially increase efficiency when scheduling our patients' appointments, performing insurance checks, managing payments, obtaining reports and storing large amounts of documents. The service has greatly facilitated our work, we can now save large hours of work, manpower and we can execute a much more accurate work than in previous years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

I love the different user settings I can adapt for each type of user restricting access to some and giving more access to others. The ease of scheduling and canceling is great for every day use as well as for training. There are many reports pre-loaded for us to use and create data sheets for each provider for their client type, no show rate, etc. I am also really pleased with the chat/phone support Kareo offers. They are extremely polite and do their best to solve your problem. If they are unable to they move it up a level and keep in constant communication until they've resolved the issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I love most everything about Kareo. If I had one wish it would be that we could personalize some of the automated client voicemails, texts and emails. I'd like them to say specific things for specific providers and we don't currently seem to be able to do that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have all client and provider data at the tips of our fingers with the many reports they have. We are able to schedule properly without conflicting appointments. Overall it makes our entire practice run more smooth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Kareo is set on the computer. No need to access the internet. Kareo features easy billing, posting of payments and ERA downloads. Working aging is easy with their reports. Multiple users are easy to set up, no extra cost for admin and support staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that more of my providers used Kareo as their billing system. I believe there are always ways to improve customer service for help with features. Kareo has been around for awhile and has the opportunity to work out kinks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend Kareo to other billing companies and practices, if it met their needs. This is a Cadillac system, to be used by practices with large needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With fast and efficient billing, there is more time for working with patients, auditing accounts and other admin duties. Kareo also allows for taking on more work, increasing ROI in my business Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Customer support, by far, has been better than any other platform or service I have used in my 10 years in practice. Responsiveness is quick, there is almost never a wait and solutions happen in real time. I haven't ever called in my entire time using Kareo and not received either a solution or a follow up shortly thereafter. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was possible for my office to integrate a different EHR. In my field, there is only one EHR that is synced/integrated with Kareo PM. There have been many times throughout the years I've wanted to explore different software but have not because I would have to do away with Kareo as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kareo is rather seamless after learning to use it at the start. It makes billing, sending claims, posting ERA's etc all very simple and fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist
What do you like best?

Except that the clinical note section was clean , I didn’t like anything . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the training month itself we backed off due to the issues with their poor customer service and software issues which they were not able to fix . Now even backing off in trial period they want to charge the full year fee and I have to involve an attorney in this , not worth the time for a physician Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t buy it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No benefits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Sherwin Querubin of Kareo

Hello Reena,

Thank you for sharing your candid experience with us. We apologize that you encountered any hardship or difficulties while working with our support staff or software, as we pride ourselves on our superior customer service and product. We do value your feedback and will use your insights to further improve our customer interactions. We see that someone from our loyalty team has been in communication with you and has discussed and resolved your concern.

Kareo

What do you like best?

Kareo system is everything in one. Patient scheduling, patient notes, billing, online medication filling. It truly is a great system for a medical practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the wait time for billing questions is a little bit long. I’ve waited for 20 minutes before to ask a billing question. Usually it’s just a few minutes but there have been times when it’s been longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for reliable practice management Software for your medical practice, Kareo may be for you. It has been great for our practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Problem solving?!? We do all of our patient related practice management through Kareo. Billing, scheduling, notes, prescriptions, Ect

The benefit I’ve seen is an easy to use system that handles everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Medical Billing
What do you like best?

Kareo is easy to help process "clean claims" because of it's detailed ability to scrub claims on the front end before they are released. There are also many helpful reports with much data available that can be downloaded to spreadsheet form when necessary. The support team is easy to contact by telephone or chat. The many options to "sort" date by clicking on column heads is very helpful. The clearinghouse is accessible by Kareo for claim rejection and denial information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The secondary claim processing can be a bit tricky. Most of the secondary claims won't go through until the 2nd or 3rd time they are "tweaked" and set to rebill. The system occasionally runs very slow and affects productivity. Especially if you have used a lot of document storage. There is not a way to pull out only patient payments on the "Patient Balance Detail" report. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would suggest Kareo if you are looking for a simple way to transmit and adjudicate medical claims and get those claims paid! Kareo offers easy claim scrubbing and follow-up. Any issues are readily identified and manageable in a timely fashion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our claims get on file quicker so we get paid quicker. It's easy to spot denial "trends" and then get them addressed to avoid any further loss or delay of revenue. Any accounts receivable issues or claim issues are manageable in a timely manner with easy to understand resolution. The account notes are a handy way to have everyone stay on the same page and being able to set "Task" reminders for follow-up is useful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Rental and Transportation coordinator
What do you like best?

I liked being able to import old days from previous server easily.

The data entry is simple and easy to follow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Training for doctor is a bit technical. The doctor I installed this for is still having issues navigating. He did not have any tech savviness. I believe someone who was up to date with basic software could learn this easily.

I also wish it had 2 step authentication for better security. I don't care for email based password recovery. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have an IT person recover and format your old data on the spreadsheet.

- stick with the training, it is tedious, but the tricks will save you time in the end.

- make sure doctor has there credit unlocked prior to do this. (For e scripts) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No more on-site server. Training staff has been simple. Doctor is able to update notes from anywhere. This allows more family time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

GM
What do you like best?

- The quality and speed of support is second to none.

- Kareo platform is arguably the most modern of the top 10 EHR's.

- Flexibility of training and support has been great so far.

- There is a group for every part of the transition that specializes in that arena.

- Communication is clear and immediate in most cases.

- API. It helped that it is cloud based and user friendly but our focus was on the ability to get the data out for use in reporting and our proprietary software and we were able to do that with Kareo.

- The dashboard is great and offers a lot of functionality while still looking clean and professional.

- iPad and other platform support. Browser compatibility.

Over all a confident building experience.

Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the more established systems have more bells and whistles that are planned and not yet offered. For large practices with complex setups. Kareo will be there, for most essential functions of a practice it's already there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

To evaluate any EHR, one must list all the key requirements. Needs, wants, training and support list helps evaluate what system will work best.

Structure of the data and software design comes to play for organizations or consultants with that knowlage.

There is no one size fits all in this arena, make a check list for the specific use and that would lead you to the correct solution.

Ask questions, if the answers are slow and confusing, reevaluate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Modern software, easy to use, simple transition, great training and support, flexibility and integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I liked that it could integrate with PracticeFusion if I could access it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I feel this company lacks integrity and does not respect customers. Their customer service is antagonizing and has spent more time trying to argue with me than attempting to resolve the issue when I am able to get someone. Other times, when trying to get information I did not get a response back or would be told to call different departments. No one seems to be able to give a consistent answer to questions and it wasn't until I advised that I want to cancel that they would even give me a time frame as to when services *might* be available. The sales person I spoke with was misleading and advised that I would be on a month to month with the understand that the term of the pricing lasted a year only to find out that customer service is telling me that this is a full year contract. When I have spoken to customer service again, they condescend by advising that "I am not being charged" when I advise that I want to speak to someone on the day it was promised to me to resolve this issue. When I advise that Kareo has told me something else they then say I will be charged a year's worth of service - again misleading and condescending. The customer service person also advised me that Kareo is refusing to cancel the contract. In fact, at first she tried to advise me that I would be charged monthly for telehealth services even if Kareo did not activate them for me- would be a breach of contract on your end and it wasn't until I pointed this out that she back tracked. Each interaction I have with this company confirms to me that I cannot have faith that the company will do what it promises and will continue to ignore issues.

Kareo continues to reach out with empty promises to turn on telemedicine but will not provide a clear start date after telling me it would take 3-5 days. It has now been three weeks and they still will not provide an estimated start date. When asked to be accountable, it seems that employees at this company run for the hills. The company strategy seems to be spend more time writing empty platitudes and attempt to remove online reviews then actually providing the promised service or working with customers on an issue so those reviews don't end up online in the first place.

I would advise small practices looking for a billing service to avoid the hassle, lies and condescension. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I wish I had looked elsewhere Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None. This has been a complete waste of time and money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Sherwin Querubin of Kareo

Hello, Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with Kareo. To better assist you please provide us with your account information so we can have someone reach out to you directly to further assist.

AH
What do you like best?

Very user friendly PM software. Customer service is usually very knowledgable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Difficulty getting ERA's set up sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Very streamlined billing process integrating with our EHR Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that the screens are easy to navigate and follow. I also like that from the main dashboard to can complete most transactions for each patient. I also like that the clinical documentation is easy to customize. Kareo implementation team did a great job making sure we were equppied to be successful with their product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I completely dislike with the product. They are always working to improve their functionality and listen to their customers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patient flow is very easy with the software. It is also easy to communicate with patients. Collecting payments is very easy and I love the integration with Stripe. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Engineer
What do you like best?

easy to understand once you've had the option to chip away at it some time

simple to explore once you become accustomed to where to find everything

incredible value for the money - charging and estimating to convey explanations, and so on is very sensible and has helped our office catch income faster than already

reports highlight/various accessible - supplier efficiency is one of my preferred reports to run - gives an extraordinary by and large perspective on what's going on and how each of our on location suppliers are adding to the primary concern

we just utilize the PM part of the product yet have observed this to be useful with most all that we require for use in a product buy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

updates are by and large given after login; would incline toward email notices for framework/programming update data

would likewise like capacity to choose different patients for in general updates, for example, 'accumulation' accounts

I find there are such a large number of steps associated with refreshing records from current to outer accumulations

beginning set up of the clearinghouse/payers took some time, yet fortunately we had the option to run however it no issue and Kareo's staff had the option to help us through this with little exertion on our part (much obliged!!)

might want to see contract the board region/refreshing charge plans/and might want more alternatives around there for following purposes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

yes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A/R was constantly an issue - thinking that its simpler to compute w/Kareo

consistent coordination with our current EMR is a genuine advantage for our staff/charging

staff efficiency would now be able to be followed much better and give subtleties with regards to the real $$ sum every supplier acquires just as coding, what protection is changing for visits, and so on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Manager
What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. It is also easy to train other employees with the software with no experience needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Restrictions on some of the reports. I am not able to filter by location on a lot of the reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's so much easier to do our billing. It gives you an explanation of why it rejected and sometimes a fix of what to do right within the claim. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Healthcare Management Specialist
What do you like best?

Our office has utilized Kareo as our charging programming for as far back as three years. It is exhaustive and meets our charging needs. The help group for Kareo's PM programming is amazing. I have brought often in the course of recent years for modified help and have dependably gotten very expert, wonderful and accommodating delegates Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A portion of the data from our electronic records programming does not generally approached Kareo true to form. I likewise don't comprehend why a portion of the specialists data appears to come over and others doesn't. I don't completely get a handle on how insurance agencies get set up and affirmed to get electronic cases. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is decent to have free online classes accessible to existing clients to demo how to utilize every segment of the product. Evaluators might need to build up a rundown of inquiries in regards to the utilization of the product and look for answers to those inquiries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Issues that I have unraveled by utilizing Kareo isn't managing a clearinghouse at all...it spares me huge amounts of time. Kareo is such a great amount of simpler to learn and get fully operational from the begin contrasted with such a large number of virtual products out there....it's only a marvelous encounter and I very suggest it!! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Kareo provide a seamless platform that allows for easy provider access and documentation. It's plug and play design allows for easy integration into the practice. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Kareo's attempts at producing new features often times over shadow their efforts to find solutions for existing issues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a great product for the money. They provide a seamless AI that supports my daily practice tasks. My clients appreciate email and text reminders decreasing cancellations and reminder calls. Understand what features you need and specifically ask how they can provide them to you. They are great at displaying their potions and limitations of their software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kareo helps us keep or client's appointments in order for them. We also utilize Kareo to decrease out paper footprint in the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how every command prompt you need is on the left sided menu. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t much except the mobile version is unstable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are good how-to videos on YouTube for those who need instruction. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to include the individual treatment plan for each client in their file so we could refer to it when doing notes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Kareo is nice because they have a very user friendly interface and they are always updating their system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some downsides are the price and some of the settings are kind of hard to deal with Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kareo makes medical billing very easy to use and recommend Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Kareo is very fast and efficient way to allow many staff members to communicate billing to our patients without error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is slow but that may be because of our internet connection at work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kareo is making things at work easier by allowing billing account managers jobs more efficient and allowing for clear billing documentation. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

I like the way it looks. It’s reminiscent of Google while other EHR systems are more like Bing and older search systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think it should be possible to efax labs and studies and anything from the documents folder. It should also be possible to rank patients in order that doctor should see them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My old EHR system was slow. Kareo is much faster which means more efficiency in office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Clinical Nurse - Primary Care
What do you like best?

I like the summary of patient information. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the schedule and patient chart layout. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Can communicate with patients via email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

The software is user friendly. It has good feature of the EMR that make screens easy to read and navigate through. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Reporting appears to be good, but upon further evaluation accuracy can be questioned. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Kareo offers an affordable options for Providers and is easy to use. I can not say that we have realized many benefits as we have with other softwares. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Kareo?