Indeed Reviews & Product Details

Indeed Overview

What is Indeed?

Indeed is a worldwide employment-related search engine for job listings the provides service inclding job search, job trends, resume upload, storage and search, industry trends, salary search, job competition index, and website forums.

Indeed Details

Austin, TX
@indeed
11,538 employees on LinkedIn®

G
Answer a few questions to help the Indeed community
Have you used Indeed before?

Indeed Reviews

Showing 260 Indeed reviews
Location
Already have Indeed?
Inside Sales Rep | Brand Ambassador
Director
What do you like best?

The fact that you can find all openings as a job seeker OR a ton of applicants if you are an employer, often times many more times, is truly amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

the cost to advertise jobs as an employer on the site has kept increasing and that becomes an ongoing concern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

make sure to optimize your job descriptions and job titles if you are an employer in order to make sure your jobs get a lot of visibility and get top candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to get a lot of candidates applying to our positions and the positions we fill for our partners. Indeed has provided us with a lot of candidates on an on-going basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Indeed is great for looking for jobs within the area. I have used it to assist clients in looking for potential jobs, used it for my own work in order to compare job descriptions and salaries when creating postings for openings at my location, I can also credit Indeed for helping me get the job I have currently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Indeed users are not always receptive to replies. Questions for employers sometimes go unanswered. Our company has had issues with getting old resumes. I have seen how Indeed is not always user friendly when it comes to uploading documents. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Indeed is assisting my company in staying relevant and competitive with other businesses that are similar. It assists us in seeing the requirements of similar jobs as well as salaries. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy is is to search for candidates for positions. With the advanced search feature, we can really narrow down what we are searching for in a candidate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were easier to eliminate unqualified candidates from a search, and make it easier to see if someone else in the company had already contacted a candidate. With a recruiting company its very important for us to know who contacted what candidates whey and if they ever responded. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Theyve been implementing new updates that are very helpful for recruiting companies. I think they are a great option if you are trying to staff and fill a lot of openings! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Indeed makes it easier to find qualified candidates than on some other resume search platforms. I also like to ability to reach out to candidates directly and confirm or deny their interest. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I like that you have the option to promote your postings but you can post essentially for free and still get a good applicant pool. I think it is a pretty commonly known site to search for jobs. It does a good job for a free submition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were more features that matched candidates with the job posting. I get applicants sometimes that aren;t the least bit qualified for the position posted. I have also expereinced a job posting being promoted without my knowledge and subtly getting charged for it. The site itself could also use some help. On the applicant side of things, applying for position throguh indeed can be confusing. It will make you fill out an entire application and then allow you to submit your resume after you have already taken the time to type ou the same information. My biggest pet peeve by far is the limited access to applications after a certain amount of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Indeed submits all applications to my work email so I am able to easily access those. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Receptionist
What do you like best?

I like how with Indeed, it is very easy to find the type of employee that we are looking for. The way the set up is on getting the information of the employees that had filled out an application is great! We have been able to reduce the amount of application at one time with the way we have our process set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have not had any problems with using Indeed. Every time we have had to use it, we have been able to find the perfect employee for the position. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Indeed has impacted our work by finding the right people to work in our environment. The way we would have a job position opening, we were able to weed out a lot of people that simply couldn't follow our simple directions on how to simply get an application to fill out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like the search tool to narrow down what to look for and what we are searching for and I love the reviews option- they give you a peak inside the company from employees perspectives. I also like how easy it is to navigate around the site and the overall functionality of the entire site Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are bogus jobs missed your filtering- scam type jobs that appear in searches and I think there should be a better filter for them. Most you can tell they copied and pasted and are very vague. Others a tad harder to tell it's a scam and there is no job; but if you read really carefully you can see misuses of grammar, misspellings and overall read that something is off with it. Maybe have another statement type of what to look out for and avoid applying to for those really avidly looking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be careful: There are bogus jobs missed in filtering- scam type jobs that appear in searches. Most you can tell they copied and pasted and are very vague and not a name or a lot of details about the company. Others a tad harder to tell it's a scam and there is no job; but if you read really carefully you can see misuses of grammar, misspellings and overall read that something is off with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We previously used indeed to search for other candidates to employ. We were able to branch out to local Cities and attract more candidates to our profile Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

indeed has the great user interface which allows job hunting easy.

It has the locations selection along with the preferred career options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are many spam calls coming from the indeed profiles. most of them are the consultants, so we get bored of the calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The Job search and looking up for the suitable candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I must say that I do not have a lot of experience using other software or programs to hire people, but so far Indeed has met and surpassed the expectations that me and my team have had. There are of course some things that we wish would be more tailored for specific industry, but when you are innovating as we are, it can be difficult to find anything that is tailored or perfect to the way that we do things Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My biggest pet peeve about Indeed is that if you want to create a new page or a new company so for example we often hire for projects or if we hire for subsidies or DBAs of our main company, and Indeed does not let you unless you can prove that you are a real and operating business, which I can completely understand because it protects the people that are applying for jobs, but there has been several times where they have not been able to except the documentation that we have presented them with and therefore we’ve had to present the job under our main name which has been more complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding in hiring people is a very time consuming project, and with Indeed and specifically their employer pages and their associated app, it is very easy. I am one of those people who’s always working from her phone, and I get notifications when someone sent us a message and I can reply to them right away which has earned us a badge of being a responsive business which again helps us with prospective employees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are so many things that I love about Indeed, but my favorite thing is that as soon as you have posted your first jobs and responded to prospective employees in a quick manner you are featured as a responsive employer which means that you will get even more responses to your postings. This means that when Indeed thinks you will get 15 to 20 responses you may actually get somewhere between 50 and 70. This has at least been our experience and we have purchased the I am the featured upgrade to show the ad to more employees, and when we have done that - the response has exceeded our wildest imagination. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I understand why, but Indeed is very focused towards office jobs and sometimes their assessments reflect this. I wish there was a way to make a custom assessment so that we could tailor the questions and situations that we showed to employees before inviting them in for interviews. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding good employees is the corner stone of any business. And Indeed makes it very simple and easy to attract and go through prospective employees. The app is genius and means you can look through resumes and answer questions that applicants may have on the go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
What do you like best?

i like that it give all the latest jobs in all field we can also read the reviews of the company before applying we can save our resume for appling in various companies Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

no just dislike found as it helped me to find the job and also helped my friends to get the jobs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

it is best tool for finding the job must try if you are searching for new jobs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

it is helping me to get the job and when we talk about benefits we can search near by jobs so it help to find the job in local area Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

There are many users with indeed, so it is great to have a big pool of candidates that apply for jobs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are times when I tell indeed not to let certain people apply, yet they still get through. For example, I want a candidate with so many years of experience, however it will still allow people to apply that have zero experience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend indeed to any employer looking for candidates. Indeed has a lot of users, so that is going to increase your chances in finding a good candidate. It is very simple to create a job posting. It even allows you to use a previous posting to start making a new posting. They really think through way to help save you time as you are searching. I will get a lot of candidates traditionally that apply through indeed. Their messaging platform is also really easy and a nice feature. I use it all the time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Indeed is great and easy to use when trying to find a new employee. It is simple to post a job and fairly quickly start getting candidates. I will typically use additional methods to find new employees, however indeed is always the one that produces results. I don't like spending significant time trying to find a quality candidate, so indeed has been great to work with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It made the hiring process more effective, it's user-friendly and cost-effective. We were able to find and reach one of the best talents pool through this portal, It worked best for entry-level jobs hiring Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We did not find great advantage in their paid version, designing of the overall platform could be better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It works best for the entry-level job posting and cost-effective Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Presentation and ease of use. The engine looks and functions much like a Google search. Filtering, sorting, and narrowing the results are fast and simple. Reporting and analytics help to pinpoint ads that produce results and those that do not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Slower ROI on our targeted ads. The spend does not always produce the results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free portions first to see how it could improve your business. If you like the results, consider putting some capital into the more robust features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Finding resumes for professionals in our field and making contact has become smoother. Instead of waiting for candidates to apply, we have the ability to seek specifically what we need to fill a certain position. Job postings and ads are easier to get in front of our intended audience. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The way they advertise a job and make me apply for the position is easy. But no use of it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Applied for jobs and waiting for it, no one will reach you regarding the application. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It will allow us to get insights and reviews about any company that they listed. Which makes me to take decisions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Choreographer& designer dresses seller
What do you like best?

It has so many filters to get the best results for someone according to thier need. And it has a vast range of jobs and opportunities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It keeps sending u mails, I guess lifetime. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If u r looking for a job switch indeed is the right place for u no matter in which field u r looking Or which location. It gives u best results and so many opportunities also u can access its features very easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Indeed is a hub for jobs no matter in which field u r searching Or for which location. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I can use Indeed to scroll through resumes in an uber, on a plane, or from my couch. That makes it 10 times easier to hire someone. I can always stay in the loop and see what comes in. That means I can also answer questions or concerns right away, which has earned us a nice badge. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is some confusion on their website portal. I often have to go through too many candidates, and I would prefer if everything was neat and organized. Their site appears a little, "cluttered". Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Needing to hire someone fast also means you need to contact them fast and reply back even faster. With Indeed I can do all of this 24/7 and all I need is my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

D.D.S. Candidate
What do you like best?

Very easy and simple to look up a wide range of jobs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven’t yet found something that I dislike Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great job search ! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A good range of job opportunities with details Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Information Technology Support Assistant
What do you like best?

One of the best things about Indeed is how specific a job search can be for those who need help in finding jobs. I can narrow the search, and the program updates you every hour to make sure that I can see all the opportunities available. There is no cost to post a job listing, and it makes hiring new talents very easy. Resume filters are also provided so I can get the best candidate there is. Indeed connects me to people that I never thought you could find. It is the program that can help me put the word out there so I can hire the right talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This program does not always show accurate results. There are instances wherein the job it complies may not be what I was looking for. Also, not everyone is happy about the constant email updates, as it could come off as oppressive. There can be instances too that you will get matched with applicants that you are not looking for. The overall look of the page may not be as fancy as the other software with a similar function. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to be clear about what you are looking for in an applicant. You can require resumes and make the applicants answer some questions so you can sort through the list of candidates. Indeed has unique features that can help you with your goal of getting the best candidate out there. This platform also does not cost anything unless you want to advertise your job listing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It is a platform that I can use to help my organization get candidate profiles and resumes out there where potential employers can see them. Businesses are on the rise too because of this platform, since I get to hire the best employees. Indeed helps me find the best talent without having to spend money on job listings and advertising. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

Our account reps are incredibly helpful. They have come out to our company multiple times to provide additional training and get feedback on the product. They went above and beyond to make sure our account was always running perfectly, which is highly important for any company in the staffing and recruiting industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there was anything in particular that we disliked about the product. If there had to be ONE thing to dislike, if your jobs were sorted into campaigns or pulled from a job posting tool, they wouldn't show up on the Career Page (separate from the company page), which is what linked to Facebook. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Indeed is our top sourcing tool. Most of our candidates are sourced from there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ability to connect to other professionals in my industry and see who they are before either meeting them in person or reaching out to them via the software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The view of the main page has to much information on the page. The messaging on the right hand side covers up to much of the main page... although It can probably be closed. I just wish it didn't cover the other information while it is viewable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Indeed is a great way to find contacts, resources, job opportunities and display your professional experience to others in your community and others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am meeting folks by searching for people in a certain industry. I am finding new contacts which is a nice benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Certified Business Analysts/
What do you like best?

Indeed is very thorough with all aspects of the Staffing Industry, by providing any resource needed for candidacy, resumes, tutorials, job leads, etc. I receive updates daily on any resource applicable to my project. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I actually can not comment on a dislike. So far, I am very satisfied. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved resources for job leads for clientele candidacy. I was able to find unique leads that identified with my client's requests and requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Staffing Manager
Events Services
What do you like best?

The dashboard is fantastic! It keeps all my applicants in one place, I can review their resumes without having to open another tab, and it keeps them in one place however I respond to them. If I send a message, do a screening, set an interview, or reject, all applicants stay in one place until I move them manually. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's a little hard to log in and find my way to the employer dashboard. Usually indeed thinks I'm logging in to apply for jobs myself, when really I am trying to get to applicants for my job posting. I also dislike that I have to manually find and click on an applicant to reveal their phone number. I wish I could easily access the phone numbers for days when I'm doing many phone screens! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking applicants, especially those that are repeat applicants. Sometimes a name will sound familiar, then I can see through indeed that they've applied before. I can then track how they did on the phone screen or assessment, or interview. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how this platform helps people in landing their dream jobs. It has variety of jobs related to all the fields. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much. Just that it can enhance its User Interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Applying to jobs matching my skills. I can find variety of jobs of all types. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.