4.2 out of 5
Do you work for Hunter?

Hunter Reviews & Product Details

What is Hunter?

Hunter helps you find and verify professional email addresses from domains and companies.

Hunter Screenshots

Hunter Reviews

1-50 of 187 total Hunter reviews

Hunter Reviews

1-50 of 187 total Hunter reviews
Hunter review by Eduardo G.
Inside Sales Representative

"A Tool needed for Prospecting"

What do you like best?

I like that Hunter.io allows you to look for emails for clients you are prospecting. It searches the internet for emails they may have wrote on the internet and confirms their emails a deliverable allowing you to cold email them for the first time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes the emails are junk emails that lead to catch-all filters. This can be a hassle as it waste some of your searches with emails you don't need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hunter.io is a must for any sales team. It allows you to gather emails for clients you want to work with. There is a free plan, but you'll run through it in a day. It's cheap to use and reliable.

With Hunter.io, I am able to find the emails of decision makers. With those emails it makes cold emailing easier, as they are more likely to respond and have the highest chance of not being gate-kept.

Hunter review by Brittany  M.

"Email Hunter is great when you are trying to bypass phone calls to get a key persons info"

What do you like best?

I like that I can plug in a domain and it will find the emails for folks attached to that company. It also lets me know the structure of emails (ex first.last@abc.com, a.b@abc.com etc). Even if they system cannot pick out the individual I want... as long as I have the persons name and company email format it's pretty easy to figure out :)

What do you dislike?

Email Hunter used to have a badge I could click on when I was on Linkedin profiles. That feature has since been disabled

Recommendations to others considering the product

Email Hunter is fool proof. Extremely easy to set up and maintain. I can't speak for their support, because, I have actually never had to use it. I was able to easily download the extension, sign up and I was on my way. Haven't had to touch a thing since.

Prospecting and obtaining contact information for the business owners I am trying to contact.

Hunter review by Chris P.
Vice President, Asia Pacific Sales

"Works pretty well"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use and you can dive quickly into finding email addresses. Easy to set up, easy to get started, and easy to jump in when I need to use it.

What do you dislike?

I found it tougher to use it for more advanced features. I use it purely for finding emails, which it is good at, but it can probably do more. I just don't know how and I found it hard to try to figure that part out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and well worth evaluating them through the trial they provide to see if it works for you.

I can identify who our target client profile is within an organisation, but I need email to reach out. Our prospects seem to respond better by email than phone for an initial reach out.

Hunter review by Santiago M.

"Handy business development tool"

What do you like best?

If you do not count with a Sales Navigator license, but are still trying to use Linkedin as a prospecting tool, hunter.io can be a great friend. It will look for and verify any email address that you input. They have recently included further tabs in their site, and now offer bulk searches and email tracking.

What do you dislike?

Depending on the domain, hunter.io sometimes cannot be as accurate as one would expect. Furthermore, the browser add-ons are somewhat unstable and tend to crash (at least mine running on Firefox v61).

Recommendations to others considering the product

With more and more tools being launched everyday, sometimes simple choices can be tricky. Give hunter.io a try!

Cold calling is dead, and looking for emails of people you are not connected to can be frustrating and time consuming. Hunter.io speeds up the process and finds the right address 8 out of 10 times.

Hunter review by Ellye C.
Sales Executive
Hospital & Health Care

"Clever and Sneaky Email Hunting Software"

What do you like best?

Hunter collects all of the emails from a webpage and shows you the liklihood of them being legit, ie how many 'sources' it has.

I have used this software many a times to find the email address for the person that I was trying to contact.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that there is a limit on how many times you can you Hunter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's definitly worth a use, the google chrome extension is incredibly helpful. It's always there and with the click of the mouse you can have a selection of email addresses that may be the one you are searching for! The worst thing that could happen is that you've wasted 5 seconds of your time and not located the right email!

If I mis-hear an email address over the phone, I can use this tool to check the spelling (if hunter is able to locate the address on a webpage obviously) without having to hunt the internet myself. This of course saves me some time which I can use to interact with more potential customers.

Hunter review by Lisa R.
Growth Strategy Consultant
Staffing and Recruiting
(10,001+ employees)

"Free Tool, Great Success Rate: Winner!"

What do you like best?

Hunter is easy to use and, in my experience, the best first step when looking for a viable email for a prospect.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to complain about here; its a clean, simple user experience, with clear indicators as to the confidence level in the provided email, as well as confirmed emails for other employees at a given company, if available.

There used to be a Chrome plug-in that provided emails directly from LinkedIn profiles, but, LinkedIn put the kabosh on that. Bummer, but, the browser interface at https://hunter.io/ does the same job, so, can't complain much.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great tool. The Free version likely will get you everything you need. But, if not, it's really reasonable. Guaranteed ROI.

Hunter is the best tool I've found for identifying viable emails for prospects. Emailing prospects directly doubles the likelihood of engagement, for sales and philanthropy - I use it for both - beating InMails every day of the week and twice on Sunday. This tool will increase your pipeline, and correspondingly increase revenue, depending on your throughput.

Hunter review by Hiren K.

"Best amongst All ! "

What do you like best?

- I like how easily we can access the company's email addresses(there are many similar tools available in the market but all are not accurate compare to this one)

- Authenticate data with quality score

- Easy use with connecting API with google spreadsheet

- Request big data at once.

What do you dislike?

- Some time it takes time to give you search result

- Unknown error comes at some point of time i don't know why it happens.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I personally have used many email scrapping tools but this tool is best in the business in all manner. Highly recommended to everyone. Worth for the price !

- I don't have to hire an freelancer to do search email addresses for me I can do it myself.

- I can have direct email address of authority person or decision maker.

Hunter review by Sam W.
Sales
Mining & Metals

"The best of the kind"

What do you like best?

Frequently, I send an email by clicking a lead maintained in Hunter, after sending, it's great to have an update on that email. Great to know the email has been read and replied, visually signal the progress. I also use Hunter to search email ID by entering a domain, it is reliable.

What do you dislike?

While drafting an email, Hunter's editor is a little primitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a simple and useful tool. It has as many functionalities as I need. It can search an email ID by a domain or by a name plus a domain, verifying an email ID as well. support a bulk operation.

It provides all necessary functionalities for business exploitation.

Primarily, I use Hunter drafting emails. occasionally, I search email address

Hunter review by Tomer R.
Professional Speaker
Food & Beverages

"A Standing Ovation for This Year's #1 ‘CRM Stuffer’ of choice."

What do you like best?

I like the 'plug-and-play' User Experience. From plugging the Chrome Extension, to Hunter's Self-Serve User-Experience excellence. I like the KISS User Interface that was designed with minimalism in mind.

I like Hunter's generosity in offering free 100 searches with a step-back counter that resets every-month. I like the option of upgrading to get a CSV export and meanwhile having all the features open under the free, and super generous, trial.

I like the secondary sales intelligence data that come from the link-backs to each email address. Those links are of obvious importance for the brand URL and clicking them is always fun and a journey of discovery and surprise.

Finally, I like how Hunter listens to my chatter about improvements.

What do you dislike?

Not one thing to dislike. From the first a-ah! moment when receiving a domain search result -- and frankly asking myself is this legal? -- I trust you'll be wanting to share with the world the wonder of Hunter.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate to try Hunter out. There's nothing to loose and only to gain.

As an Entrepreneur I need to move fast. To move fast I need to make relevant business relationships with growing brands that may like my services but don't know I exist. I need to find the precise decision makers who will value my unique value proposition, 'dig' my mission and want to start developing trust. Hunter helps me search and load-up my CRM with relevant emails for super targeted communications. Hunter allows me to validate the email-mention source and date and get a ton of secondary sales intelligence.

Hunter review by Aymeric F.
Managing Director, France

"Great way to find professional email"

What do you like best?

It works seamlessly, is connected to the main applications, the customer service is awesome and you have up to 100 queries per month for free!

What do you dislike?

I wish I could set up my email automation directly from the platform and not from another app :)

I also regret that LinkedIn stopped authorizing Hunter to be integrated directly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version with up to 100 free queries per month, you will be convinced!

Hunter helps me find the direct email address of C level executives with very few information.

Based on a name and a website, I am able to get the address in 95% of the cases.

Hunter review by Greg  S.
Technical Alliances Manager

"Added Productivity"

What do you like best?

This site has been fantastic. I have recently started a new role and needed to find a way to contact numerous folks beyond just linkedin. The Hunter site has really saved me a lot of time and helped me look like I have a ton of contacts at every company. Thanks Hunter Team!

What do you dislike?

I honestly cannot think of much here. There have been a few times I saw how a business constructed their email addresses...... then put in a person to have it guess their contact info...... and it gave me the correct answer, but in a different format. Maybe something on how it found that out could be helpful?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great service and amazed at how many companies they have. I am in Cyber Security and find even new vendors on here.

Very hard to get in touch with people as most guard their email address. This site allowed me to bypass that roadblock by helping me guess, with great accuracy, any email I might have needed. This has saved me a ton of time and a lot of bounce backs.

"Hunter Review"

What do you like best?

I love that I am able to find email addresses for company contacts when I often don't have another avenue for finding them. It's fast and easy to use. The chrome extension makes it super simple and straightforward. It's also really helpful to see where email addresses have appeared, because its another way to help me vet the lead for finding the right person.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the monthly limit because my employer doesn't pay for a subscription. But I get it, Hunter has to make money. I don't really expect that to change. I just wish for myself that there were more than 100 monthly searches allowed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Finding emails when I don't have other places to find those emails. Hunter has saved my bacon over and over when I thought I wouldn't be able to find contact info.

Hunter review by Kevin U.
District Analyst
E-Learning

"Excellent, reliable tool for email mining and verification"

What do you like best?

I primarily use the free version of this tool to find email addresses for specific people as one-offs, as well as verify email addresses. It is free and reliable, and the Chrome extension is super handy as well.

What do you dislike?

It has difficulty handling pattern recognition for email addresses that are not in a very standard form ({f}{last} or {first}.{last}, etc.). If an email address uses a middle initial or part of a name, but more than one letter, it doesn't have a great way of discerning that pattern and communicating it.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try out the free version. I haven't yet found myself in need of the additional tools and features that come with a paid account, but parsing existing lists and storing leads might be good for a company that is trying to expand its prospecting. I can only attest that the domain search and email verification tools work as advertised (they make clear the limitations of domain search, but the vast majority of email domains I'm looking for are represented).

Finding and verifying email addresses is either expensive or unreliable. Hunter.io has sped up the process of finding the right email address, and the free version has been good enough, as this isn't the main part of my job.

Hunter review by User in Professional Training & Coaching

"Easy to use and FAST"

What do you like best?

Makes it quick and easy to guess emails within institutions. The interface is straightforward and works excellently – sometimes it's the only way to get in touch with new prospects. It's become a standard part of my workflow as a sales rep.

The best thing about Hunter is that it's FAST – most companies and institutions are in their database so it makes it quite easy to find people. I sell to the legal industry so most of my prospects are on LinkedIn. So long as you know where they work you can usually find them on hunter.

What do you dislike?

Copying and pasting emails is a little less than intuitive – for some reason it picks up extra html when I copy it from the web interface.

They used to have a Chrome extension for LinkedIn Sales Nav – LinkedIn banned it since clearly it made our lives too easy. I can understand why they did this though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you do a LOT of prospecting Hunter is an invaluable tool – I've used a few other services that pull emails but Hunter is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to email search.

However, it is blacklisted for some reason by LinkedIn and thus won't integrate, creating a lot of manual entry of emails that wastes a lot of time.

I sell to an audience that changes roles within the industry quite often – grabbing an email from a directory is not always possible but hunter makes it easy to get back in touch with people who migrate to and from new companies.

Hunter review by Maddie C.
Sales Partnerships Specialist

"Get the Email Right the First Time"

What do you like best?

Hunter is the tool that has been my go to when I am lost or need to validate an email address or email format when I am trying to get a hold of someone.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am only given 150 credits per month. I also dislike that if you open hunter and there are no emails for that website, it still is counted as a credit use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This tool is very trustworthy for the emails that are verified with the green check mark next to it. Some of the email addresses that are not verified can be correct, but I wouldn't trust them.

I have a tool I know can provide me with the last piece of the puzzle I need while prospecting. You can do all the research you want, but if you do not have the correct email or email format, your efforts are halted.

Response from Giovanni Lepori of Hunter

Thanks for your review, Maddie!

I would like to reassure you that no requests are used if Hunter cannot find emails for a domain, company or a single professional as it would not be fair to charge a request if no emails are provided.

The free plan we provide is one of the biggest for our category and I would like to remind you that you can find up to 1000 emails per month when using the free plan is you use the Domain Search only.

Hunter review by Maya L.
VP Sales & Marketing

"Quick and easy option to collect prospect emails"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of the usage, just uploading a file with company names and getting a list of many relevant emails. The subscription model.

What do you dislike?

Currently didn't find much that I dislike, maybe that when I upload a list of companies I get back a list with emails and domains but without the original company names.

Collecting emails for companies in the industry we work with. It's just an easy to use tool to get a good amount of relevant prospects in the companies we're trying to reach out to.

Hunter review by Aravind N.
Advanced Researcher

"Get email address just in a click"

What do you like best?

The best part in email hunter is that it adds a button in the linkedin profile whenever you view a profile. By clicking that email hunter button you can immediately view the email address. The latest update has an option to find email of a linkedin profile without even opening the profile. It can find business email and can be easily saved in its website's dashboard.

What do you dislike?

It only finds business emails. The emails are mostly found by assuming the format of other emails available found in the web. If a company has more than one format of email address then the results provided by email hunter may not be accurate. Its is not a completely free software it has a limitation of 250 free emails per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Email hunter is easy to use and it has high success rate than other extensions available in the chrome web store. It provides more free credits than other software available.

Finding business emails to connect with top level people in linkedin is become easy by using this kind of chrome extension.

"Such a complete tool"

What do you like best?

What I like the most about Hunter is that they offer you a percentage of the reliability of the information it provides. And, I have to say, it really accurate. Hunter is such a complete tool as it gives you the option to find the domain basing on a company site URL, or get an e-mail from a name and surname and the domain of the company or, even verify an e-mail address to make sure it won't re-bounce.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to complain about in this tool. If you sign in, you get 100 free credits that are renovated each 28 days and that's amazing. Even though you have to manage your credits wisely, as you can run out of them really quickly. You have to use the tool to get the exact information you need so you can get to the information your looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Adding Hunter to the tools used in your company it's on going to help you to make sure you get the information you need. You don't have to pay a premium plan, with the 100 free credits you're given it's more than enough.

I use hunter to prospect different company accounts and to do the lead generation needed to serve the sales department of my company. Hunter is such a good support to fins the domain of the e-mails when you can't get it from anywhere else. It's such a good option to contrast the information and get the correct and adequate data to reach the tight people.

Hunter review by Christine C.
Principal
Management Consulting

"Easy to use, fast, great prospecting tool"

What do you like best?

Easy to use either by typing in company or person name. Love the autofill recommendations and guidance on accuracy of email address. Provide the email format for the company. Recognizes a majority of company names and offers URL suggestions.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints. For the price I'm not expecting 100% accuracy. The accuracy depends on long the company has been around. Well worth the investment

Finding business email addresses of prospects. Enabled us to move prospect conversations off LinkedIn and social and to email.

Hunter review by Natasha Z.
Data Analyst and Candidate Sourcing Intern
Staffing and Recruiting

"Hunter to find contact info"

What do you like best?

I really like that with Hunter it gives you the percentage of how likely the email is to be good. With other extensions you often don't know how reliable the email address is.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you don't get the chance to type in a domain name before the extension searches for you. This means that you automatically use one of your uses even if it the automatic domain name that hunter picks isn't the one you wanted to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely use it if you're looking for a work email address. But if you already know the email equation for the company a person is at, try just typing that into gmail first to see if you're person pops up. Hunter only gives you 100 uses a month and if you're going to need more than that for certain projects you'll be out of luck.

Finding emails for potential candidates. Hunter is really great for work emails and often gets the email equation right because it pulls from other known emails from people from the same company to generate one for the person you're looking for.

Hunter review by User

"Great tool to find email addresses"

What do you like best?

I love how easy Hunter is to use. Another great feature? Showing the source of the emails it finds (press releases, blog posts, etc). It just helps better verify the email and give you an idea of where to look for other addresses across the web.

What do you dislike?

I'd rather Hunter more readily admit it doesn't know an email address rather than give a "best guess," which sometimes doesn't align with the company's email formatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For what I need on a daily basis, the free version of Hunter is robust enough to meet my expectations completely -- cannot recommend it enough for finding and verifying contact information.

Hunter helps me find the contact information I need for the business leaders I reach out to on a regular basis. I would WAY rather email a human directly who was cited in a press release than a generic PR email. Hunter has been great in finding and verifying hundreds of email addresses for me and my company.

Hunter review by Alan S.
Founder, Lead SEO

"Essential link building tool"

What do you like best?

We use Hunter mainly to find email addresses, the feature I love the most is the bulk email finder. Allows us to find hundreds of emails all at once which is a huge time saver.

What do you dislike?

Pricing can be a bit steep especially if you need to find as many emails as we do, but the support is great.

FInding thousands of email addresses for our link building campaigns.

Hunter review by User in Internet

"Good resource for Sales, Occasionally Inaccurate"

What do you like best?

Hunter provides very good general information about the company that is being targeted for a sale. The company background and insights that you can gain from looking at the Hunter dashboard helps to provide a general idea of who runs the company and who it might make the most sense to contact.

What do you dislike?

Though generalities can be good early on in the outreach process, Hunter isn't as effective as providing the specific information that will help get a meeting set up with the right point of contact. Additionally, the email addresses that Hunter provides, though they might appear as verified by the software, are 50% of the time inaccurate and will result in your message being bounced back to your inbox.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it to gather general company insights, verify all of the email addresses that you gather from the tool through an email tester before shooting out your messages.

Hunter helps with initial outreach and prospecting. It also helps to cut down on the amount of research that a salesman has to do before hopping on an initial call with a prospect.

Hunter review by User

"Hunter is on the scent and leading the pack "

What do you like best?

The fact that the CEO at Hunter occasionally mans their Live Chat for some front-line troubleshooting duties. Hunter's interface is incredibly intuitive, idiot proof and subtly rich with useful detail. I've yet to find an alternative that ticks so many boxes.

What do you dislike?

That Hunter was pulled from LinkedIn profiles by Microsoft... but this was out of their hands so not a direct ciriticism. It's just unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

What are you waiting for? It's The One.

Our own web-visitor identification tool, IPFingerprint, leverages hunter as part of the lead-research and prospect outreach methods that we promote to our clients to follow up website visits from interested businesses. Ultimately, obtaining a prospects email address through Hunter can make a critical difference to our clients in enabling lead conversion.

Hunter review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Free - Get's the job done! No complaints on my end "

What do you like best?

Ability to find emails rather quickly by domain.. Great first step when looking for a viable email for a prospect. It is free and reliable, and the Chrome extension is super handy.

What do you dislike?

They used to have a Chrome extension for LinkedIn Sales Nav. LinkedIn banned it though which was not so awesome. I don't like that you don't get the chance to type in a domain name before the extension searches for you. This means that you automatically use one of your uses even if it the automatic domain name that hunter picks for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a small business with a limited budget, Hunter is great. You will need to combine it with other platforms ie Sales Navigator + Outreach/SalesLoft.

List research and new prospect list acquisition with zero budget.

Response from Giovanni Lepori of Hunter

Hi!

Thanks for your review. We will be happy to answer your feedbacks:

1. The LinkedIn integration was removed to respect LinkedIn's new Terms of Use that prohibits the use of any extension on its website. In clear, ANY extension that automates some actions on LinkedIn or saves any data is violating the User Agreement and all users using them are violating it too. --> https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/56347/prohibition-of-scraping-software?lang=en

At Hunter, we preferred to be transparent, remove the integration and warn our users that integrating with LinkedIn may cause a permanent ban on their LinkedIn accounts. Using a scraping tool or an extension on LinkedIn can be a risk for your account: we receive emails daily from people using extensions that do not comply with LinkedIn's regulations and ask how they can find emails without breaking the Terms of Use.

Due to this, we have replaced the LinkedIn integration with a new Email Finder functionality that allows finding the email of a person by simply typing the full name and company directly in Hunter. --> https://hunter.io/find

2. You can certainly find specific emails for a domain by typing it in the Domain Search functionality --> https://hunter.io/search. You will use 1 request for every 10 emails provided.

If you have other questions or feedbacks do not hesitate to get in touch with us!

"love it"

What do you like best?

i am a sales development representative at datadog and i love using hunter. this is where i get emails for prospects that i can't find. being in sales, i'm trying to sell the product datadog to prospects and if i can't have the email of the prospect then i can't sell to them.

What do you dislike?

sometimes the emails are not accurate and it's really annoying that you sometimes can't get what you need when prospecting. i need to have emails to contact people to sell the product because im a sales development representative

Recommendations to others considering the product

nothing else love it just get more emails!

getting emails and being able to communicate with prospects

Hunter review by Ksenia N.
Digital Marketing Manager

"Makes my cold email outreach easier (Sorry but not sorry!)"

What do you like best?

It gives you 100 searches monthly for free (or more)

Provides the highest match

Provides other people's emails

Provides a guess for a company's name in case you don't know the web address

What do you dislike?

As any other software out there, Hunter is not perfect and doesn't always result in data you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it! If you are a small business with a limited budget, Hunter is your software. But you might want to combine it with other platforms such as Seamless.Ai and SalesLift

List research and new prospect list acquisition with zero budget

Hunter review by User

"I had some success using hunter for outbound sales, but it could definitely be better "

What do you like best?

It is pretty straightforward to use, and works for simple names and standard formats. It's also good if you're looking for a high volume of emails from the same company

What do you dislike?

It is inconsistent and very limited. I didn't trust it unless I got more than one verified email from the same company with the same format. It also didn't work with people who have 2 last names, for example. It also doesn't recognize all domains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can only really count on the email address if it's verified, also if it gives you an email for an employee of a company that has a completely different format than the other emails, don't trust it. It also doesn't do well with complicated names such as hyphenated or foreign names

I used hunter for outbound sales- to find emails of marketing and ecommerce execs so that I could reach out to them about my company's product. We have been able to get a few good replies from promising leads who may become partners. It is hard to find some emails on the internet, and hunter definitely helps

Response from Giovanni Lepori of Hunter

Thanks for sharing your review with us!

I am sorry to hear that you found Hunter inconsistent: finding emails of professionals with 2 last names it is certainly challenging and we are trying to improve every day to provide the best emails possible.

If you input a domain, Hunter will always recognize it and it will provide the emails if they are publicly listed on the web.

Regarding formats: many companies have different formats for their emails and since we provide emails that are publicly available you can always have a reference where the email was found. On top of this, every email address has a confidence score that allows you checking the deliverability of an email. You can also verify their deliverability with the Email Verifier tool.

I have provided some guidelines for formats and email deliverability although if you have questions do not hesitate to reach out to support@hunter.io!

Hunter review by Shelley C.
Director, Systems Operations

"Hunter.io is great for my needs, with VERY responsive customer service"

What do you like best?

I like the simple, clean interface and browser integration. Makes it easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Our needs with regard to the product are light, but so far nothing to dislike!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely try it - if you have any questions at all the support team is great and responds very quickly.

Admittedly our needs are infrequent and light-weight; however, when we do one of our email blasts, we use Hunter to scout out missing email addresses before the blast goes out, and to resolve bounce-backs after. We don't do a lot of this activity, but it really helps us out when we do.

Hunter review by Ethan B.
Sales and Marketing Operations Lead

"Easy as it comes to find emails"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Hunter is the Chrome extension - you can browse a website and gather emails on the fly for prospecting.

What do you dislike?

I wish that it were easier to gather the emails that you come across into a list.

This tool has helped to gather targeted contact information for prospects that we want to work with.

Hunter review by Olga A.
Global Communications Manager

"The best tool for detecting emails I've found so far"

What do you like best?

It works in the browser, it works with LinkedIn, it makes finding emails really a breeze, it even works like your own small CRM saving leads directly from LinkedIn to your account - I simply love the tool! I've tried quite a few before I stumbled upon Email Hunter, and none of them was any good. One has to admit that even Email Hunter doesn't find ALL emails, but hey, I'm perfectly satisfied with its current success rate.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing really to dislike about Email Hunter. It works like a charm.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As I've already mentioned, Email Hunter is perfect. Sure, sometimes it fails to find any email addresses, and sometimes the addresses are just wrong, but again - comparing with many other similar tools for free that I've tried so far, Email Hunter is the best and the most successful. By the way, I use it in combination with the Rapportive extension for Chrome, which shows me LinkedIn profiles in Gmail. Works really well for double checking if the email address is correct.

Mostly to find email addresses of journalists in order to send them a press release. I know my colleague, after I told him about Email Hunter, is using it for outbound campaigns. It is ideal if you need to find an email address you don't know. Even if Email Hunter cannot give the email address of this particular person, at least it will show you the pattern typically used in this or that company for email addresses, like e..g firstname.lastname@.

Hunter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Mostly successful usage of the hunter.io unless one crucial disadvantage "

What do you like best?

I highly appreciated the abundance of the tools provided: Bulk Domain Searches, Email Finder, Email Verifier. Also different pricing options gave an opportunity to choose the most suitable one.

What do you dislike?

However, while using this tool I realized that the email base it offers is outdated. Which is disappointing given the paid account. Also no LinkedIn integration

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend Hunter for those who want to get general notion of the company situation. If one needs to get the exact results it's obligatory to verify the emails with other tools and networks (Simply to find out if the person still works for the company under research).

I'm using the tool during email research of potential leads. Among the benefits I'd name the bulk domain research.

Hunter review by John C.
Head Coach ACHA Club Hockey

"Great resource to find company emails"

What do you like best?

Great way to identify format for company emails. Lets you know how a company formats their employee emails based on names. IE: Name@company.com. They also have a verification of accuracy where the light next to the email provided lights up different colors depending on accuracy verification

What do you dislike?

The accuracy of some emails are not always correct but the lights next to it let yopu know that before you spend time formatting emails that may not even go through.

we have emails now where we can reach prospects without spending wasted time trying to identify where else to find these emails.

Hunter review by Justin M.
MID-Market Account Executive
Internet

"The Hunt is on!"

What do you like best?

Nowadays for a B2B SaaS salesman, it's never an easy task prospecting qualified leads. When it comes to collecting the right email, it can be hit or miss. With Hunter, I now know whether the email I'm submitted on a lead record is right or wrong with a percentage of probability. This is huge for me as a time saver!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were bigger buckets of credits for email prospecting. I also wish there was a salesforce integration that could push leads directly into CRM with the probable email pulled.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You'll find that it will take some time finding a consistent workflow with Hunter, but I assure you it will save tons of time. Love Hunter.

Time. Time and tedious manual workflows are every salesperson's nightmare. This helps with saving time and gathering accurate data.

Hunter review by User

"Helpful tool for finding business emails"

What do you like best?

Hunter is great for finding email addresses of sales prospects. Though the database doesn't always know the emails I am looking for, the 'verifier' tool let's me know if it will reach the correct inbox.

What do you dislike?

The domain search tool often doesn't populate relevant results of the person I am seeking. I need to use the verifier tool and use a bit of research as to how the company formulates their email addresses.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Can be fairly expensive for the service it offers, but worth the cost if you need to verify email addresses on a regular basis.

I'm able to communicate with more prospects than I would otherwise because of the ability to track down their email address.

Hunter review by Bram J.

"Hunter does exactly what you need it to do."

What do you like best?

It finds emails when I need them found. Haven't found another product that is as reliable and does the job needed as easily and stress-free.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is when there is information on a company or email that isn't available, but that isn't a complaint with the software so much as the database. This is rare, however.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its better than alternatives in the same space that I've tried.

Tracking down the emails of CEOs and analysts for business development. Being able to reliably attain the contact information of people who may otherwise not have it readily available offers a considerable advantage in the ability to identify and contact new business opportunities.

Hunter review by Scott B.
National Account Manager

"Find what they are Hiding"

What do you like best?

I like the combination or emails and phone numbers this webcrawler can pull like "magic" from individual sites. For the investment required, I have gotten so much new info in terms of emails that I can eventually use again

What do you dislike?

It stumble occasionally where I can actually see an email but it tells me nothing is there.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

use this product It does what it says it will do-very useful

This is awesome for finding the hidden emails of any business(and phone numbers too)

Hunter review by Nouman M.
Web Manager
Writing and Editing

"Email Hunter is great tool to explore professional email addresses for commercial purpose"

What do you like best?

: I was looking for the tool that can tell me about all the email addresses linked with any particular company which can be used further to pitch the company at later stage. It’s quite difficult to manually search for the email addresses of any company or buy them from any non-reliable source. Email marketing is of great importance in the B2B marketing. Email Hunter provides us with the verified email addresses linked with any domain and then ability to save all the email addresses in the form of excel sheet. We can do all of these things in few seconds which is the most epic feature of the Email Hunter and single reason to love this great tool.

What do you dislike?

Searches are quite limited in the free edition which is quite unfair with the small and medium businesses. According to me, you must increase the searches in the free edition to build credibility and reputation as well as more customers. Many websites show zero email addresses which can result due to many reasons but this is not the right thing to do with your customers. You should show each and every email addresses associated with the all domains despite of their age, online presence and credibility on the web

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You must consider this great tool if you want to grab potential and professional email addresses for business and commercial purpose. This great tool would increase your sales and revenue too

We are solving many important business problems including pitching our potential customers and generating valuable business leads

Hunter review by KC S.
Instructor
Public Safety

"I am saving tons of time on research"

What do you like best?

I feel that the best part of this website is that you only pay for verified emails. And the results are layered back to you in a % confidence. When I was looking for an email from a certain company, I felt like the process I was using before this was tedious. Searching google was what I thought I had to do. With this website, you are able to find all emails associated with a company and it's been a wonderful and pain free (time free) process.

What do you dislike?

I have only been using the free edition of this website and you only have a limited amount of searching. I understand that they want you to pay (they need to make money as well), but with such a limited amount of searching, it is difficult to get the full wherewithal of the website. Please offer more searches in the free edition!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allow free edition users the ability to search for more addresses. It is certainly would increase the reputation of your company if you allowed more users to try for free! If you are in need of just doing a search for a companies employees email addresses, this is the product for you!

While trying to figure out where to send our "ads" I found that Email hunter will show you the pattern typically used for that company. Example being, firstnamelastname@whatevercompany.com I would recommend this at the free edition level for those trying to search for individuals at a company.

Hunter review by Josh H.
Co-Founder

"The Best Service For Finding Emails"

What do you like best?

I've tried most chrome extensions for finding email addresses, and this is the best one. Not only is there a high rate of success, but the quality of the emails is at least 95% accuracy.

What do you dislike?

The pricing is pretty expensive for small businesse