HelloFax Reviews & Product Details

HelloFax Overview

What is HelloFax?

By removing paper from the process, HelloFax has removed your need to own a fax machine. With HelloFax, everyone in your company can conveniently send and receive faxes online.

HelloFax Details

Showing 50 HelloFax reviews
Already have HelloFax?
Director
Senior Editor & Personal Finance Reporter
What do you like best?

What I really enjoyed is that I could send faxes for free without leaving home. I had to do this for student loans when I was living abroad, do Hello Fax was a savior. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I was worried that the transmission wouldn't go through, even though it almost always did. In one case (IIRC) the fax just wouldn't go through, but I don't think this is any different than using a regular fax machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it. I think you'll find that it lives up to the hype: simple, efficient and reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Simple. I don't have to pay a fee to fax something at a local office supply store, and I don't need to buy a fax machine. I send everything online and have digital records I can save to my laptop. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Leerwerkmakelaar
What do you like best?

The handling of fax devices was always one of the most difficult tasks for office papers. I've already submitted faxes electronically using a variety of device and a browser, however HelloFax makes it much easier to sign in and get all the resources ready for me in simplified form. HelloFax gave me all the general information when I agreed to sign up to continue and simply fax in a moment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I guess the only important qualification to use HelloFax is to have a connection to the internet. And submitting a fax would be a concern if there are situations when I don't get a connection to the internet. The e-mail message to fax function is not as straightforward as the use of fax tools on your site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I personally believe that HelloFax is a positive tool and may make faxing far increasingly less difficult to access because everything on a single account is descriptive and online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HelloFax has made it easier for me to photocopy and not to choose a fax device frequently. I reckon that profitability is quite good although it can sometimes be a little expensive than most other faxing techniques. I could go to business locations though, to fax a lot of times, so the costs are definitely more then what HelloFax would pay me. I could have a fax-number via HelloFax that enables me, because I would with document text or email, to obtain faxes at a certain time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Talent Acquisition Specialist.
What do you like best?

Hellofax simply makes it easier to send and receive fax messages, without going through the hassle of actually owning a fax machine. It is way cheaper than owning and managing a fax machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing actually. I have never been upset at anytime while using Hellofax. It is available from the comfort of my browser and I get notified every time I receive a new fax message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hellofax allows my company own a virtual fax number, through which partner companies can send fax messages to. Since we do not always have a need to fax messages, Hellofax allows us use the features of a fax machine whenever it is needed - no maintenance needed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Laboratory Technician
What do you like best?

Free 5 fax is given when you first register to Hellofax. As you use HelloFax more, you feel needof buying Fax credits. Its user interface is simple and useful, also sendind a scanned document as fax tooks only two clicks. Fast and basic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Mobile application is not available, hope they will release mobile application of HelloFax. So, instead of sending phone-scanned files to computer, I can directly fax them via mobile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Governmental companies in overseas countries only accept legal agreements as hardcopy or fax, therefore I need to send them documents by Fax. HelloFax is saving my life as they do not accept documents by emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Cybersecurity Specialist - Information Assurance
What do you like best?

Having a vendor that will do ad hoc faxes for you is a great asset. It is just too bad that they cannot get their billing straightened out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did a 30-day trial and canceled before the 30-day trial was up. I was still charged from July through December 2019 for $9.99, although I had canceled the recurring charge in June 2019. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep a printed copy of the cancellation notice when you cancel your account with them either in a physical or digital format. The vendor DOES NOT have contact information on their site! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have had to put in a fraud alert to USAA for this vendor. USAA also had to place a stop payment for this vendor. There is not a contact number on the HelloFax site to contact anyone to inform them. When I closed the account, a screen popped up and said that the recurring charge halted, and I would not charge me again but for any ad hoc faxes that I performed at $0.99/pg. To me, that was fine until they kept charging the $9.99/mo. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

You do not have to leave your desk and everything is handled electronically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It takes a while to deliver the fax when there are multiple pages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to send fax internally and externally with ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Coordinator
What do you like best?

The layout of the HelloFax account is well-spaced and organized with concise menu items and tools. I can add new documents very quickly and get a fax sent with just an internet connection, as opposed to a phone connection a standard fax machine might require. The costs are not bad and are totally worth the time savings and reduced efforts needed to manage faxes going in and out of my office. It's also nice that I can get notifications about account activity. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think using HelloFax on my mobile web browser isn't nearly as intuitive as it is using the standard computer version. I think they can do a better job at sizing and positioning the controls to make HelloFax more comfortable to use on the phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think people that I work with like the fact that I use HelloFax and can process faxes in very little time. I think the same benefits can be enjoyed by new users that want to reduce the obstacles involved in managing faxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HelloFax is a faxing platform that I can easily access through the website portal or through email. It has been a versatile faxing system that allows me to stay on top of faxes regardless of where I'm located. HelloFax helps to move business transactions forward faster and also allows me to track transmissions in a way that wouldn't be possible with a standard physical fax machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

HelloFax gives free fax when you sign up first. After you use your free credits, it attracts you to buy credits as it is a perfect solution for Faxing. Fax is an old technology but still some companies accepting it and I need it. It is international fax fees are reaaly conveinent. User interface and fax process is very simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They need to release a mobile application. It will make our experience better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

For legal document sharing some organizations only accepts physical copies of documents or fax. They do not accept emailing documents. Therefore, HelloFax becomes vital in this kind of situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Office Manager
What do you like best?

I love that I can fax things from anywhere - I'm not tied to a machine in a corner from 1995. I can fax digital files or scan in paper files and zip them off. I also don't have to stay on the page while it faxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, honestly, I really enjoy every aspect of HelloFax. It's simple, easy to use, I don't have issues with it. I have two fax numbers - my own, and the main office one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely do it! It's so easy and I would say YES! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to work from home and fax from home. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Account Manager
What do you like best?

Dealing with fax machines has always been one of the more complicated office document activities. I have sent faxes online before through various computer and web browser applications, but HelloFax makes everything easier to where I can just log in and have all of the tools laid out for me in a simple form. When I signed up, HelloFax provided me with all the basic information to get started and actually send faxes within 10 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think that having an internet connection is pretty much the only major requirement needed to use HelloFax. So if there are cases where I don't have an internet connection, then sending a fax would be a problem. Using the email-to-fax feature isn't as intuitive as using the you website-based faxing tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that HelloFax is a good deal and can make faxing activities much easier and more accessible since everything is concise and online in one account. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using HelloFax has given me the ability to fax more easily and not have to use a fax machine as often. I think that the pricing is pretty good even though it may be a little bit more expensive than other faxing method sometimes. However, I would find myself going to office stores to fax much of the time, so those prices are probably more than what it would cost me with HelloFax. I can have a fax number through HelloFax that allows me to receive faxes at any time as I would with text messages or email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Event Coordinator
What do you like best?

HelloFax has been a simple faxing website and email fax service I can use to send and receive faxes online. I used to have to need a phone connection, so I really like that I don't have to depend on that any longer. The HelloFax interface is relatively straightforward and makes things easy to find and use. I like being able to have a log history of my faxes that I can access anytime. The quality of the faxes I receive and send are often more clear compared to standard paper faxes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The fee to use HelloFax is more than some of the competitors I've seen out there. I can't really talk about value though since I haven't used any other similar online faxing service. About using HelloFax though, there isn't really anything I dislike about it in the time I've used it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I really like HelloFax and don't see how anyone or any company can't streamline their workflow more by using HelloFax. The cost can be neutralized, so to speak, by the amount of time you save and the efficiency you gain. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to send and receive faxes in a more convenient way. I can save paper and don't have to worry about having a phone connection or a big office fax machine. I'm able to retain a log of my faxes through my HelloFax account, which is helpful for me to keep track of faxes. Being able to use my email account for faxes saves me time from having to log into the HelloFax website or to prepare faxes the traditional way, which often takes more time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Account Manager
What do you like best?

I like being able to send and receive faxes online through a website or my email. I can work with faxes identically to how I deal with most other digital communications like email. The process of sending a fax is relatively simple and quick for me to do. I don't have to print out or convert Word docs to PDFs in order to fax them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't think there are quite enough advanced capabilities or features to warrant the full price levels of HelloFax. I still think it's worth it, but if HelloFax can develop more features to maybe increase productivity or enhance the capabilities of other software platforms, I think that could make me more satisfied with the pricing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think HelloFax is simple enough for most people to use, so I would recommend anyone to use HelloFax to bring your faxing online. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HelloFax lets me do all of my faxing online and removes the time-consuming steps I would typically need to perform with a regular fax machine. HelloFax also gives me the ability to keep a history of my faxes and stores faxes for future access. I can often turnaround faxes quickly and improve my workflow and processing times to help business get done faster. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Consultant
What do you like best?

The HelloFax website has a nice design with clear instructions on what I need to do to send and receive faxes. After I signed up, I was able to send a fax pretty quickly. I like not having to rely on an office fax machine, which is something that obviously isn't very portable. I can send and receive faxes on the go through the HelloFax website or through my email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some vendors I work with that don't accept online fax communications, so I'll occasionally have to drop by an office service store and pay for a few faxes. It probably wouldn't hurt for the cost of HelloFax to be lower or if we got higher fax limits. Also, I don't like that there isn't a mobile app version of HelloFax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I'd recommend HelloFax if you prefer not to hassle with office fax machines and want to speed up the process of faxing. There are also many tools included that actually help you with creating documents to fax. So it's not only good for the actual faxing process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Most of the time, I can avoid having to use or stand by an office fax machine waiting for a fax to come through. HelloFax lets me handle all of my faxing needs in the digital realm. I can access a log of faxes, which is great for keeping track of faxes and having backup copies in case I lose them somehow in my local device storage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Associate
What do you like best?

HelloFax is a very user-friendly online faxing service with tools that almost anyone can use with ease. I can send and receive faxes online and get notifications through email. I get my own unique fax number that can be used to receive faxes from standard fax machines. I can view faxes in the common PDF file format, which makes is both convenient for viewing and sending to others. HelloFax is a highly flexible system that allows me to use their service on a standard computer web browser or through an email client on my phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The mobile capabilities are a rather lacking. There is no mobile app I can use to access the HelloFax service. I don't have many file editing features in HelloFax. The sending and receiving limits aren't really that great for what we're paying. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

HelloFax is a strong and capable online faxing service that can be well worth the price if you're constantly on the go. If you don't want to commit to a monthly or annual plan, you can actually pay as you go. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

HelloFax helps me to bring all my major forms of communication into the digital space. It drastically reduces my need to go to the office supply store for fax services or equipment. I can basically manage my faxes with as much ease as I do with email. By connecting to Google Docs, I can quickly create and send documents completely online without the need to download any software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Student/Educator
What do you like best?

The HelloFax program is very easy to use. Although I use the pay-per-use service for occasional faxing, the plans are competitive to other fax service providers. Notifications of successful faxes are sent via email. No need for a landline phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The free service is short. Next is the pay-per-use which can add up if you fax multiple times but don't want a monthly cost because use varies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I don't need a landline phone. I don't have to pay a monthly service. I can use the service on an individual fax cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

Sending a fax can be done either through email or through the web portal. Very little training for end users is required, which is always a plus. Adding and removing users is simple and an email is automatically sent to any new users with instructions on how to send faxes. Porting our existing fax numbers was quick and simple. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The invoices are less than professional. The admin portal isn't as intuitive as it could be. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Investigate which package is right for you. You can always start small and then upgrade when needed, it's quick and easy to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed an inexpensive and easy to use fax solution to replace our current fax system. We needed to be able to port our existing fax numbers to the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recruiter
What do you like best?

The convenience and the fact that you no longer need an actual fax machine anymore. Although I find that fax machines will be obsolete in the next few years since we can send pdfs and docs through emails, there are still some places that only accept important docs through mail or fax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Limited pages, unless you purchased the upgrade. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use this instead of getting equipment with faxing capabilities. Might as well use this program because faxes will be obsolete in the next few years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending forms and documents when the only option is fax or mail. I find this is the case with some offices and a lot of schools/universities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

I like the ease of use. HelloFax is very easy to navigate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything about HelloFax. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend doing a few trial runs to know how the website functions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have not had any problems with HelloFax Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Completely replaced fax machine, tells me that my fax has either sent or failed so I'm not wondering, keeps history of all faxed documents so I can look back at it Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is the rare time that faxes will fail to sent but it might not be the software's issue. I noticed when I fax to a number after hours it might fail but when I try again the next day during normal working hours it will go through so it might be the recipient's issue Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

No need for a fax machine. Saves paper. Data of past faxes is all easily retrievable Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

The product offered what they said they would. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to navigate, no way to contact customer service, charged several unidentified charges to my card, but my HelloFax says I have never been charged and has not presented an invoice for the services they are allegedly providing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I am paying for a service I am not receiving and there are no invoices that can be found. Seems fraudulent at best. I will update this review if I get a refund. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Was able to fax transcripts to a university. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales And Marketing Specialist
Insurance
What do you like best?

Paperless ; I really dislike having to deal with paper.From reading ,writing I try as much as possible to be paperless.Thus I am very happy with the paperless nature of Hellofax.Everytime we have been sent a fax message,it is forwarded to our email as a PDF document and when we need to send back a fax, we simply upload the file and send to the recipient fax number,all via the web.No paper,no trouble,no littering.

Secure ; Majorly because it is paperless,we are saved from the hassle of ensuring physical documents are kept in save locations, with no third party access to them.One more reason to dislike paper documents I think.

Integration : Hellofax integrates with Google drive,which is my teams default means to save documents in the cloud.We are able to send documents saved on our Google drive to clients via Fax and also backup faxed documents sent to us in Google drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Hellofax saved us from those horrible looking machines called FAX. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use Hellofax to receive and send fax messages without the need to own or manage a fax machine in-house,thereby saving us money and making us more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

English Teacher
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use. There is an email confirmation that the fax was sent successfully. I also like that you can import files from programs like Google Drive and Dropbox. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an option to pay per fax. The free plan allows 5 faxes per month, and the next plan is $9.99 per month. For a small business, there may be a need for more than 5 faxes in one month, but that amount of faxes don't occur every month to make the fee worth it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using a fax system without having a landline telephone number. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Software Development Engineer
Hospitality
What do you like best?

A colleague of mine almost a decade ago , described the Fax machine as the worst office device in the universe.Few professionals who still have access to the Fax machine , probably think so too. However , years after my colleague made the above statement ,I still get to make use of the Fax machine ;without actually haven seen one in over two years ,not to talk about touching it.

You ask how? Hellofax made this possible. Hellofax assigned my organization a Fax number , where partners send us fax documents, while we get our fax documents as a pdf emailed to our official email address.We also get an email confirmation for every time fax messages we send get delivered to the recipient. Thus we get the benefit of being able to use the Fax ,without actually having this horrible but useful gadget within the office space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about Hellofax. It has eliminated the need for my company to own a physical fax machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hellofax enable me send and receive fax documents without having to house a fax machine. Using the Hellofax app.I am able to send paper documents via fax to any fax machine in most part of the world ,without having access to physical paper or a Fax machine and get real time notification when my faxed documents are delivered ,without the need to wait by the side of my Fax machine,which was the norm just a decade ago. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
Individual & Family Services
What do you like best?

I am VERY disappointed in HelloFax. My HelloFax annual account lapsed without notice so I cannot send/receive faxes and I'm not allowed to quickly set my account back up with the same fax number. I have this fax number on all my business cards and many insurance companies have this fax number and they need to fax me information. HelloFax doesn't have phone customer service nor have you responded to my inquiries to get this straightened out. If this doesn't get fixed asap I will have no choice but to choose another fax number and it won't be with HelloFax and I will make sure everyone knows my issue/huge business impact so they won't use HelloFax either. All I want is my account/number back! Why would you make that so difficult?? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very poor customer service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not having to purchase a fax machine Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for HelloFax?

HelloFax Categories on G2