BookingKoala Reviews & Product Details

BookingKoala Overview

What is BookingKoala?

BookingKoala is a cloud-based booking solution that allows users to manage appointments, track sales growth and manage marketing channels. Features include role-based dashboards, integrated coupons, email and SMS reminders, client referrals and multi-location support. Apps for iOS and Android are also available. BookingKoala provides a customer-facing dashboard that allows clients to manage and view their appointments, refer friends and buy gift cards. Clients can also access a rating tool that lets them provide feedback on service providers. The service provider dashboard displays upcoming appointments, client payments and unassigned bookings. The admin dashboard lets users manage system settings, edit staff information and change access permissions. A built-in reporting system provides data on revenue, payroll and coupon types. Users can set up several types of bookings, such as on-time or recurring appointments. Other features include system logs, cart abandonment reports and in-app notifications. Pricing is per month. Support is offered via email.

BookingKoala Details

BookingKoala
2017
Skokie, IL
@BookingKoala
147 Twitter followers

BookingKoala Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the BookingKoala community
Have you used BookingKoala before?

BookingKoala Reviews

Showing 29 BookingKoala reviews
Already have BookingKoala?
CEO
What do you like best?

Hard to say but I love that everything is automated! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning, customizing everything to your company (implementation) can take some time, but that's with all software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're ready to scale and grow, DO IT! It will fully automate the tedious, but important parts of your business. It will help in areas of operations, sales & marketing, invoicing and payment collection, reviews, paying employees and/or contractors, customer service. All of these areas are automated when utilizing BK. Best decision I've ever made as a young entrepreneur. I am a real company but now I FEEL like a REAL company because of the improved processes and brand awareness now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

TIME!!!! I've gotten time back to allocate to more lucrative activities such as SALES and hiring. This allows me to scale much faster than other companies. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi Brandon! Thank you so much for the kind words, we appreciate you being a valued member of BookingKoala.

Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I was able to sign up for a free trial and have my store settings and website (they provide one free) set up in a few hours. There is no other software for service businesses like for my moving service that offer a software and website all in one. The amounts of features too is really something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could do more with the website/theme but I have already been told that they are building a complete website builder with more themes in the future so that can wait. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have not started your business yet or have yet to find the right software then I suggest you invest some time into BookingKoala. I have not found something more complete to start and run a service business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I dont have to spend time bouncing around from place to place or in this case software to software just to get simple things done. I have it all right here for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hey Grant, we are so happy to hear that you love how quickly you can sign up and get started and thank you for being a valued member of BookingKoala!

Consumer Services
What do you like best?

The fact that they have themes/website built into one with their software is really awesome. I don't need to get a website elsewhere and do any coding or such. This saves time and tons of headaches. It is SUPER clean and pretty simple to use. The scheduling part is also not like Ive used with other softwares I don't have to deal with double bookings/over booking on the same days. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some parts of the software are a little confusing like booking spots vs provider hours but the moment you message the customer support team they are willing to help. They even asked me if it was ok for them to login to my account and do what I needed done for me. I have never had customer service like that so it really takes the negatives away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are struggling with other softwares that require extra leg work during bookings/scheduling then I highly suggest switching over. Once you fully set up your store everything is so seamless and automated that it doesn't need your attention for more than 5 minutes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling, marketing, reports, its really everything I need and for the price you cant beat it anywhere else as a whole. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Stewart! Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review!

Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I have spent numerous hours/days working with scheduling softwares that have been subpar to say the least. BookingKoala has clearly made a name for itself quickly by being the best on the market hands down. I can strongly say you have it all under one roof when you sign up here. My providers even have noticed that this scheduler is better than what we have used in the past. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took me a while to find them that is my only drawback. I wish I could have had them sooner! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in the service industry specifically in the cleaning industry there is no other software that is capable of doing what Bk can do. The amounts of features and the effort from their customer support team is unmatched. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling, marketing, growth, you name it I fixed it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi Mimi, we are so happy that you found what you were looking for with BookingKoala!

Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I love it all, I looked for a software that would help me with scheduling and growth and that is exactly what I got when I found BookingKoala. The smart scheduling is a dream and I love how it requires no extra manual work once you set up the working hours and providers hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike, the only thing that I can mention is that little bugs that I find but those are resolved within a day or so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are like me and do everything manually for your business then you need to get on this platform ASAP! It makes all of that annoying little work go away and helps you focus on growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My BIGGEST problem was always scheduling, trying to find a provider that could work the job by calling them one by one. Now I don't have to call ANYONE even if it is to reschedule! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi Veronica, thank you for the kind words!

Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I was in the market for a software that would take care of all of my scheduling needs. I couldn't stand getting calls about quotes and never hearing from the customer again. The scheduling on BookingKoala takes care of everything once you set it up which doesn't take long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some features that are missing that I would like to have but I understand I can't have it all right away. Their account representative told me that some of my desired features would be added in the future. Fingers crossed! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I never have to deal with phone calls of people looking for quotes, if they do call I direct them to my website and tell them they can have all the answers they need on there. Also instead of a rough estimate they will know exactly how much they pay. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi Faith, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Business Supplies and Equipment
What do you like best?

As much as I love all the big features that are in this software its the little ones that get me excited. I love how I can assign bookings that don't have a provider to them or send emails to all my providers to tell them to check the folder for a job that is close to being due. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the themes were already out because my site needs a little (a lot) of updating and I don't want to go elsewhere to get a theme when I know they will be releasing their own. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not need to have multiple other softwares when using BK. You have everything you pretty much need in one spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I went from working about 6 hours a day to only having to work 2-4 at most. This has automated my life so much and I cant stop loving it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Susan, thank you for your awesome review!

Co-Owner
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

-Smart Scheduler

-Reports

-Ratings

-Provider Logins

-Gift Cards and Referrals Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was tricky to embed the code for the forms on my site but they had someone from their development team install it for me after I struggled and it works great now, wish it was easier to take care of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would say sign up and give it a try because you honestly won't be disappointed with everything that this software has to offer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I didn't have a system in place for anything when I started, I just posted ads and did the work myself. Now I can hire people and have them do the work while I focus on growing. I am regularly checking the reports to see how everyone is performing and how I am doing overall. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hey Peggy! We're so happy you gave us a shot and loved it.

Hospitality
What do you like best?

I love the customer support first and foremost, any time I have a problem I email or message over Skype and someone responds quickly and oh so very friendly. The degree of customer happiness they strive to get is unmatched. Now for the software...basically the whole thing is a goldmine for someone in the home cleaning industry and I'm sure in other industries but I can certainly vouch for home cleaning. My business has become so automated that I had to let go of 2 full time employees because they had nothing to do for me anymore. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that this software existed when I first started out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't hesitate for one more second, this WILL help you more than anything else out on the market. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have joined the rest of the business world by creating my business fully online and no more call in for quotes. This has made running my cleaning service more efficient and timely. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Kenny! We love hearing positive feedback about our customer service team.

Hospitality
What do you like best?

Something wonderful has happened and they've created a scheduling system (smart scheduling) that requires ZERO extra effort from the business. This allows the customer to book themselves, reschedule themselves, cancel themselves, and the best part of all is it doesn't double book or over book so once the spots are gone then I don't have to worry about someone booking for a filled time slot and having to call them back to cancel or reschedule. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were some bugs/glitches that I found but they weren't big and the customer support team helped get it fixed right away. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for something to implement into your business to gain more time and money this is something you should get or at least look into. I save thousands of dollars by needing less office staff and in return I put it back into the business for growth. This is a life saver! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Over-booking for time spots that were already filled. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hey Lucy! We are thrilled that you love our Smart Scheduling. Thank you for the positive review!

What do you like best?

The smart scheduling system that they have built is by FAR my favorite part of this entire software. I do enjoy literally all of the features that they have but if I had to pay only for the scheduling then I would still be happy. It literally requires 0 extra effort once its set up, unless you have to reschedule someone then its only a few clicks and DONE. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I signed up thinking that the themes were already out but they are not as of right now. I was told they would be up within the next 8 weeks so thats fine by me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are like me and do everything by phone calls then you need to get on this system as soon as possible. I only handle calls when a new customer calls in to book and doesn't know about the online booking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My scheduling was a nightmare trying to call and schedule with my workers, now that I have an effective system I can focus on growing instead of trying to stay afloat. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us this awesome review!

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

The provider logins are a god send, I don't have to email or text my movers the day before to remind them of a job or to tell them about a job. They get text and email notifications to let them know they have a new job. They can also log in to their profile at any time to see upcoming jobs, past jobs, or see their payments.

This also coincides with the smart scheduling, I don't have to worry about checking the calendar to see if we have jobs for that day and see if they're gonna double book. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am still used to doing everything my old way so I have to learn the system because it is very large, but if I don't understand something the customer support is always there to help. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You're life and business will become a lot easier and simpler if you switch over to using BookingKoala. I was skeptical in the beginning because I didn't think something like this could help my problems but it definitely has. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have solved double booking problems, mover scheduling, payments, and I have also been able to step up the marketing side of my business with the coupon codes, referrals, and gift cards portion of BookingKoala. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Thelma, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a great review!

Photography
What do you like best?

Setting up packages for my clients to book for on my website is fantastic, also the fact that they can add extras without having to speak to them is great. I have found problems in the past with someone who called from a long distance away needing my services, now with the location set up I put my radius that I service and thats it, they know right away if I will work with them or not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is so much software for me as a photographer that I am not using so it just sits there but maybe I will find a way to implement it into my everyday life. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I feel that if you are looking for anything to make your life and business easier even if it is to use 1 function then definitely go for it because you will soon see yourself using multiple functions within the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The part that I love most is that I can escape hour long phone calls of people fishing for pricing information and never ending up using my services. Here its easy as Click, Book, Done! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Zeb, thank you so much for your kind words!

What do you like best?

The amounts of features that come in BookingKoala is unmatched. I have gone from using multiple softwares at once to only using this. Automatic scheduling, marketing, follow-ups you really have it all here. Plus the customer service is the best I have experienced, if there is an issue they give me step by step instruction almost immediately. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a few bugs here and there but they get resolved within 48 hours or so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You will not be disappointed when you start using BK, it may take a little bit to figure out how to use all the features and functions but once you get it you will fall in love with what you can do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I had trouble converting customers that would come to my site and just check out the online booking I had with other softwares but they didn't have a cart abandonment feature. But with BK and Mailchimp my lists move automatically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us this great review!

Founder
Consumer Services
What do you like best?

The amounts of features that this system provides for the user is amazing. You will not find another software for a service business better than this one. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It goes hand in hand with what is great and that is all the features. There is so much to learn and play around with that it can be overwhelming at times but there are multiple sources to help you through it. (Help center, 24/7 customer service, Facebook community, etc) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are on the fence with this I would say jump into it and spend your time during the free trial to play around and set everything up. You will not be disappointed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling automation Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi Stanley, we appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to leave us this fantastic review!

Consumer Services
What do you like best?

I love that I login to one software and I have everything I need all in one spot. No more spreadsheets, loose pieces of paper and missed calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the embedding the form onto my site because it is a lot of work and it is pretty complicated so I am waiting until the themes come out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basically all scheduling issues and tracking reports. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Hector, thank you for the kind words. We truly appreciate it!

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
What do you like best?

Being able to have my movers check their jobs on their own profiles is HUGE. Having the capabilities for everyone to have their own logins saves loads of time from answering phone calls or text messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not so tech-savvy and there are so many options that take a while to learn and understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If anyone wants a system in place to manage appointments and reduce work load then this is something that you should definitely look into. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am saving so much time not having to answer phone calls and emails about scheduling that I can focus on growth. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hey Roberta, we are so happy to hear you and your movers love BookingKoala. Thank you so much for the kind words!

Founder & Owner
Automotive
What do you like best?

The smart scheduling is by far the best feature because I don't have to worry about double bookings and manually changing the bookings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Switching over my client base into this new system was probably the biggest thing I didn't like. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for a system/software that will handle running your business 85% without needing someone there then you found it. My growth has SKYROCKETED Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My main issue with my business was scheduling. I wanted a software that could eliminate double bookings for the same day without having to manually change the dates or contact the customer to switch the dates. The smart scheduling within BookingKoalas system does exactly that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Lincoln, we can't thank you enough for leaving us this awesome review!

Certified Personal Trainer
What do you like best?

Being a personal trainer I don't need much on my website but when my clients come to it and see that they can book their appointments from their own login and don't need to call or text me to reschedule or cancel, they absolutely love it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me there are so many features that are not used but I still pay for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want a smart system to book your appointments without ever having to make sure they're not double booked this is what you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My calendar is organized so well and my clients will never double book for the same spot. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Hazel, we are so happy to hear that you and your clients love BookingKoala!

Hospitality
What do you like best?

I am not sure if I can pick just one thing. I would have to say the reports or the rating system are some of the best options! Everything is simply great. BookingKoala is simply a great software and I will continue using it for as long as possible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Theres not much to dislike, I have everything I could want and need! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are just starting off, have been in business a few years or have been running for a long time, BookingKoala will help your business grow so easily and efficiently. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reports section allows me to track everything I did manually and I don't have to write anything down myself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi Kris, thank you for leaving us such a great review as well as being a valued member of BookingKoala!

Veterinary
What do you like best?

The unassigned folder is a fantastic feature that if a job does not get picked up it goes there for someone to take it or if I need to I can assign it to someone specifically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It was a pain switching all of my client base into the software and adding all of my staff but after that was finished nothing was bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want to get rid of dozens of spreadsheets and calendars this is what you're looking for. Everything is done automatically for you when someone books a job! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have reduced staff in my office and reduced my personal hours working but increased jobs and revenue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Simon, thank you for leaving us such a fantastic review. If you ever need help with anything please let us know!

Founder
Cosmetics
What do you like best?

I love the whole software combined, there is no one section of feature that I like more than another just because they are all fantastic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I saw another review that I couldn't agree with more and that I didn't have this sooner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don't wait another minute and get on this system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Scheduling, marketing, and reports are just the main ones. I can keep track of everything in one place and its all automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hi Petar, we are so happy to hear that you love BookingKoala and all it has to offer!

Hospitality
What do you like best?

The mere fact that I save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year by having less office staff is by far the best thing that could come out of this. I had to let go of 4 full time staff members because I just simply didn't need them anymore. Fantastic stuff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Theres not much that I can say that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are in the service business industry I would highly recommend using Bookingkoala. It helps get rid of tons of headaches. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My reports of sales is what I go to most. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hello Remus, we are very thrilled to hear you are saving money and growing simultaneously using BookingKoala!

Veterinary
What do you like best?

I love how the software overall has a main focus of streamlining and simplifying/automating everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its not to dislike but there are so many options/features that in the beginning is a little overwhelming but after a few days of playing around you figure it all out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would HIGHLY recommend using BookingKoala if you aren't already. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Growth is the main thing that BookingKoala has helped me with. Everything is easy to track for me and I can see where I am struggling based on the reports section. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hey Chelsea! Thank you for leaving us this fantastic review and if you ever need any help with features please feel free to ask!

Environmental Services
What do you like best?

The smart scheduling is something I've been looking for and couldn't find, until now! Google calendars? Gone! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Inputing a large amount of my customers was really the only pain but once they're in theres nothing I can say bad. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

My scheduling was always a problem when I had multiple appointments throughout the day at same times but different locations. This allows for appointments to be booked at the same time and my employees to see which jobs they are working. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Customer Support of BookingKoala

Hey Scott, we are so ecstatic to hear that you have finally found a scheduling system that works for you!