Bonsai Reviews & Product Details

Bonsai Reviews

Showing 22 Bonsai reviews
Already have Bonsai?
Co-Founder, CEO
What do you like best?

I love that Bonsai has proposals, contracts, and invoices - all of which talk to one another! It’s so easy to move a client along from a potential lead to paid invoice.

They also make the entire process super simple and clean. So many other software options feel cluttered and clunky but Bonsai has exactly what I need without trying to add too much in.

Prior to Bonsai, I was juggling multiple software solutions and PDFs going back and forth to clients. Bonsai eliminated all of that! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were a bit easier to see what emails are going out to my clients - or to at least have control over what reminders and notices get sent when. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bonsai makes it super easy to juggle multiple clients and projects and not get lost in the headache of contracts and paperwork. Not only has it saved me time, but it has also increased my professionalism to my clients making them more likely to book gigs with me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

After tons of research, I pulled the trigger and purchased Bonsai. In the past I've used Freshbooks and Quickbooks, and what I enjoy most with Bonsai is the updated and modern look-and-feel. I know that when I send my proposals, contracts, or invoices, my clients will get a simple and easy to pay invoice.

I recently added the tax and accounting software, and I'm really excited that I no longer have to manually track income and expenses in a spreadsheet. It lays everything out in the dashboard, and I can easily see how much money I've made each month or quarter! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The one thing that I've struggled with with Bonsai is the onboarding process. I think Bonsai could really benefit from some recorded training material walking new users through each specific portion of the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm now able to quickly and easily send pre-populated contracts for my clients to sign, that way we're both covered.

As mentioned above, I also really like the accounting and tax software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Freelance Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

Bonsai makes creating contracts, invoices and time tracking easier than I could have imagined when I started freelancing. I love that I don't have to think about the legal loopholes for contracts because Bonsai has already created a template that covers the major legal items for me. I jut have to fill in the specifics of the project. I also really love the time tracking for multiple projects organized into tasks. I no longer miss out on time that I forgot to track, and therefore I make more money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could changes times after sending invoices ( if I've made a mistake on timing and need to re-do). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

f you freelance, this is the most affordable way to organize your finances and projects. I cannot recommend it enough. Saves time and money and is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Essentially I am saving time on accounting, crafting invoices, crafting contracts and organizing projects. Which allows me more free time to work on my freelance creative pursuits and in turn make more cash by charging more hours. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love the fact they are honest with themselves. Just look at their blog and resources and how they compare themselves with others and not completely biased like others. They want to truly give you the best experience you can have with so many tools, I highly recommend trying out their free trial, their support is always nice and willing to help you quickly. Out of all the others, I love the 'minimal, sleek, clean' user interfance. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly the ONLY thing I would like bonsai to include to make it the perfect tool "for me at least, and im sure others" would be to make it 100% white label. They have a white label option which is nice but I would love the choice as a integration, like adding your own domain (C-Name or A) to customize the URL when clients click on any link so it looks like your own system, an example would be TeamWork - but the system is more than just for freelancers so I understand, but it would be an awesome intergration' :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Signed up for the trial, and no I do not get any commission or benefits from you doing so. After signing up, start a project, add some tasks, and generate an invoice. You will be amazed how professional it is. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bonsai helps me keep track of my hours, add them to the invoice/projects/tasks - they helped me generate an amazing contract and agreement which I could customize. It's also helps me keep track of my clients, what I need to do, and the invoice sending thats generated from all your work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love everything about Bonsai! It is undoubtedly the tool I've relied on the most to help launch myself as an independent consultant. I love how easy the software is to create proposals, contracts, invoices, time tracking, and generally how beautiful the design is. I love the pricing as well, which I feel is a great value for everything I get in return. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

One downside to Bonsai is that it is not as strong on the tax accounting / financial analysis side as my business bank services are. I wish they would expand their software to also help capture business expenses, receipts, etc. so it's truly a one-stop-shop for my entire business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are an independent contractor, I haven't found a software better than Bonsai! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've solved the problem of not having any other easy means of generating contracts, time tracking, and invoices. I've realized many benefits, including generating new business as seamlessly as possible and making sure I am paid on time regularly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

This platform is an excellent way to streamline essentially all you need for freelance work. From projects and tasks to invoices and payments, it keeps all my clients and projects in one place. It's very convenient and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I have found is that sometimes I cannot do automatic cashout, but I believe that may be a user error. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am extremely unorganized and have a hard time keeping track of my work and clients. This platform helps me organize clients and leads as well as projects and tasks. The best part is I can also update clients on where work is, and invoice them. Before this, I was using several apps to do the same job so it has made my life a lot easier and more organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Junior UI/UX Designer
What do you like best?

I love the simple User Interface and all the functions that are connected to each other. You can easily automate processes and have all your information & finances in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about hellobonsai! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you start having more clients and you are looking to save time in the paperwork process, hellobonsai is for you. You will find all tools from Time Tracker, Project Management, CRM to Finances all in one place.

Almost every 2 weeks there are new features that make your life easier! :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am solving the problem of using multiple software for Client information, billing, Task Management, and Project Management. Hello Bonsai really understands the needs of a freelancer and they thought about every detail. This tool saves me money & time :) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Bonsai is how easy they make it to send and track invoices, plus send and track proposals. The software does a lot of things, but the two features I use, and the reason I bought it was because I needed something to send and track invoices, which bonsai does well. It makes it very easy to get paid, and stay organized. You can even choose whether you, or your client will pay the processing fees. It gives you a lot of options for how to invoice, and get paid. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike most about Bonsai is how you still need to log into the main site to accomplish some features even if you downloaded the app. I also dislike how plain and boring their proposals designs are. Now, with that said the proposals are nice and neat, so I still use them. However, I wish they were more like Nusii. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm solving the problems of needing an invoicing software solution, and needing a proposal creation software solution. With Bonsai, I get paid quicker, stay organized through the years, and have a lot of control over my billing, right down to whether or not I want my client to pay the processing fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Founder
What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to send invoices, create contracts and track payments. Having everything inside one tool is super useful for running my design studio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not much at all! I almost wish there was a way for me to use it more! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use Bonsai to create my contracts, send invoices and keep a track of payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love how easy Bonsai is to navigate. I do everything from proposals to contracts to time tracking/invoicing/accounting all in one place, and it's super clean and easy to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The taxes page is a little trickier to navigate than the rest, but mostly just because taxes are complicated. Not Bonsai's fault. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All my client management is in one place. The contract and proposal templates are super helpful and super customizable. Everything is flexible to work with the needs of my business. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Visibility into status of invoice and contracts in the system and pushed through to our slack channel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only dislikes are really small nit-picky type of things that are not a big deal. Honestly very few dislikes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need contracts and invoicing, this is the software you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sending and signing contract in addition to creating and collecting on invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CN
What do you like best?

Great UI easy to use created a proposal quickly Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

they do not send you a receipt and keep charging you every month and then did not refund me initially and I had to fight to get my refund. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making proposals easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Bonsai is great at saving you time and is perfect for a newbie freelancer who might not have a great contract or isn't familiar with invoicing and proposals. Bonsai puts everything together for you and all your really need to do is pop in your logo or add some information to their ready to go contract templates.

The interface is really sleek and the program is easy to use for beginners or more experienced business owners. The flexibility of their plans is great, they have a free option if you want to give it a try or don't need a lot of flashy features. The team seems quick to add new features and listen to what people want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My major dislike with Bonsai was the fact that I couldn't customize the contract templates they provide. BUT they have changed that and you can now use a blank contract. I do think Bonsai is a bit constricting and you don't have quite as much control as something like Dubsado which let's you build complex forms and workflows. Bonsai excels at simplicity but if you need advanced features you won't find them here. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having all your business things in one place is such a life saver and will radically change your business. Being able to send contracts, invoices, proposals, track time, and projects that can all work together and speak together on one website is amazing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

We create, send and track online project proposals to potential clients easily. There are many templates and customizing features to make our proposals look professional and we receive feedback on progress of our proposals. We are able to track expenses on project, we get tax estimates and recurring payments are done automatically in the system. Bonsai is also available across platforms so we input data and get insights wherever we are. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Bonsai has so many hidden features that one to make full use of them needs to be trained and it costs us to train our staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

In a busy world there is more need of automation software so that we can focus on pressing tasks to increase productivity. Bonsai handles everything on project finances. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We easily manage projects from online proposal creation, time tracking on a project, invoicing and expense tracking. Most of these are automated in Bonsai. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Illustrator
What do you like best?

Sure easy and customizable contract for freelancers like me who need the legal protection but don't know how to write a proper contract / don't have the resources to hire a lawyer. Highly recommend and have already recommended multiple times to my students who I teach illustration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps there could be a few more questions when building the contract form so that the contract can be a little bit more personalized towards the customers. Is there a mobile app as well? It would be nice to have a mobile application for those who are on the go a lot. How is your customer support? My biggest pet peeve with new companies and start ups is that sometimes if there's a glitch resolving it with customer support is so complicated that I just end up switching the product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I highly recommend Bonsai for freelancer and designers starting their careers. I'm teaching a class on illustration and building up a career as a freelancer and I always recommend it to my students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It has given me great protection with international clients especially. I have used the contracts I have made with bonsai to secure the client's payment and trust. It really is a great tool for creating good contracts. I haven't used the other features like Invoicing etc, but after my great experience with the contracts part I'm excited to try them as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I love this platform as I like to keep track of how long a project is taking me to complete Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything about this software, it's great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely recommend, plus you can get started for free! Great if you are starting out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To keep accurate time of project timeline as well as to manage projects Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing Manager
What do you like best?

I love the entire platform. It encompasses everything you really need to be in business as a freelancer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it won't integrate with my Quickbooks. They should really have more integration options in general. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Running a Freelance business. I realized Bonsai is an all in one solution that covers everything you can think of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

How easy it is to keep track of all my documentation related to projects and clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, not much! Would like venmo integration perhaps! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Contracts was a big one. Keeping track of all my invoicing is super helpful too when i have multiple clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to generate quotes, contracts, and invoices. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the money tracking was a bit simpler to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily manage my clients tasks and collect payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Bonsai has helped me organise my work as a freelancer very well, I used to lose track of hours worked and could not find my invoices, now i is all in the same place Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like using the web interface, but I enjoy using it on the iphone app as well as using the integrated mac time tracker. I think there is no need for so many options. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the free version and if you like using t it, then switch to the annual plan. That is what I did and I think it was the perfect strategy to find a good freelance managing service! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Organising my work as a freelancer Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

Makes handling the legal and financial aspects of freelance work much easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its a bit more expensive that I would like but worth the cost. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me easily create proposals, contracts, and invoices as well as collect payments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UE
What do you like best?

It is an all-around tool designed for freelancers! I loved all the of the great features, like billing & document creation but most importantly time tracking. Did I mention the beautiful UI!! I needed something fast and also had the option to be a desktop app. So far so good with Bonsai. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the lack of language support. I work with clients all over the world. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Tracking the time for various clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Bonsai?