Yardi RENTCafe Reviews & Product Details

What is Yardi RENTCafe?

Tap into a powerful property management marketing solution that includes dynamic property websites, convenient services and smart multichannel marketing tools. Make life easier for prospects, residents and staff with online leasing, rent payments and maintenance requests.

Yardi RENTCafe Profile Details

Yardi RENTCafe Profile Details

Yardi
Description
Yardi is dedicated to the design, development, and support of real estate investment management and property management software. They offer full business solutions for every real estate market, including multifamily, single family, affordable, public, senior and military housing as well as office, industrial, and retail market segments.
1982

1-14 of 14 total Yardi RENTCafe reviews
CI
Most Recent Yardi RENTCafe Video Review
(10,001+ employees)

"Very Helpful and Convenient"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to pay my rent and any others bills/fees through the resident portal without having to go into my local apartment office.

What do you dislike?

So far, I do not see any downsides to the application. Usually if there is an issue with billing history it is due to a personal error made by the leasing office.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is pretty simple to use so if you as a user run into any issues, I am sure that your local property management company wouldn't have a problem fixing it.

Although I am not solving any business problems with Yardi RENTCafe, I have realized that I have more time to do other things throughout my day because I don't have to take the time out to stop in the office and pay rent, or go to the bank to get out cash. Everything is online.

Digital Marketing Specialist
Real Estate

"Great experience with Yardi RentCafe so far!"

What do you like best?

Great support and a very knowledgeable and helpful rep. No integration issues when using with Yardi Voyager. Most settings are client facing and easy to maneuver. Issues are handled with in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. I pretty much love everything compared to our previous CRM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If there is something RentCafe can't do, ask to put in a TR request. They are always working to add value to the product.

Integration issues with CRM and Voyager are resolved. Websites built by RentCafe are good quality and professional. Site Manager includes a lot of cool functionality that is included without extra cost.

CR

"Easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

Yardi RENTcafe has been quite an easy transition from Yardi 7. It has all the reports, prospect queue’s, and tools on the dashboard for easy access. There are some kinks that were working through but it may vary depending on your management company guidelines.

What do you dislike?

The prospect queue’s can be repetitive but our company has worked with Yardi helpdesk to correct these issues.

We are working with the helpdesk team to improve the queue management, integration between RENTCafe and outsources such as SafeRent and eLeasing Desk so that information can be accurate and updated in real time. It beneficial for our company because we are able to log in one place to find information for resident and prospect immediately.

AR

"Yardi Made my Life Easier in a New Work Environment"

What do you like best?

I used Yardi when I was new to the Property Management Field a few Years ago. I was just dipping my toes in the industry and at first I found it intimidating. Remembering Residents by first name was hard enough, but learning their renting history and their needs to any upcoming requirements was even harder for me. I was nervous, but when my manager introduced me to Yardi everything became a whole lot easier. From their payment schedules to their Maintenance Requests , to even notes that me and the staff had to record, my job became a lot more rewarding because I got to know the residence better and it helped me upkeep with any tasks that they needed done. I really enjoyed logging into Yardi on a daily basis for their needs and my own.

What do you dislike?

I did not really dislike much about the program itself, more so the speed of the loading screen when having to do more then one task at a time. I am not sure if it was the program itself or my internet, we never really got around to determining which one it was. I did still speak to my manager occasionally, after quitting, and they were still implementing Yardi into their day to day tasks and she still complains of how slow it could be some times. That was our only concern.

What problems did I resolve? As I mentioned before, it became a lot easier to get to know all 120 Residence as well as the staff that was on board a lot easier. It was easier to answer questions that they may have had since Yardi contains tons of information on their History and payment schedules. We clocked in through Yardi, which was never an issue for me, we paid rent through Yardi, which was super simple to my surprise. To summarize, Yardi made us work at a faster pace, and educated us on our Residence more so then any other programs I've worked with since.

AM

"Incredible potential but needs to evolve"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is a really good all in one system. It provides good access to the necessary areas from a property management standpoint.

Easy to navigate on all levels of access and users.

What do you dislike?

Limited customization and variation on website templates are challenging when you are wanting to stick out from other properties.

Integrations and API access is extremely expensive for 3rd party companies so it limits who we can work with from a 3rd party side.

Needs more tracking points throughout the website and understanding where residents are getting held up during their apartment research would be critical.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure that it works for all your systems and be strategic about how you roll out to work out any bugs in waves.

Problems around closing resident applications.

AP

"Good Value and Simplicity"

What do you like best?

I am VERY impressed with the support they provide, however, it’s such a simple and intuitive program that it is rare to run into issues. So easy to navigate and makes property management a piece of cake.

What do you dislike?

There really isn’t much to dislike. Perhaps if you need a more robust software because of an incredibly large portfolio of properties this may not be complex enough

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There are a lot of bells and whistles in the site manager that are included.

CRM, organization, portals for residents.

"Rentcafe Review"

What do you like best?

Upsides: can manage resident events, emails, sms, ad services all in one location.

What do you dislike?

Some documents have issues generating at times. Changing emails can be a task at times as system can glitch with duplicates. Applicants have trouble navigating application.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

A lot of back and forth between the two programs in making forms available to sign for prospects/residents.

Residents tend to love the easy use of of the portal. It’s awesome how easy it is for us to reach out to residents and monitor the analytics.

(10,001+ employees)

"Email Management System Lessened in Value"

What do you like best?

I love the usability and transference of user data from Yardi systems to rentcafe.

What do you dislike?

I hold a great disdain for the changes made to the email management software. It is my number one use for rentcafe and the system is horrible to use, nothing saves, and it is navigationally a wreck. What saddens me more is that though there are so many problem with the system it is no longer in beta mode.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check it out however note due to constant upgrades there are some issues in the system

Great for previewing resident account in a easier way than voyager, bulletin board is a great feature, let’s you unsubscribe and subscribe residents and future tenants

AR

"Good Integration, Ok Service"

What do you like best?

The product is part of a bigger package of items that all tie together in the Yardi world.

What do you dislike?

Customer service and training is very limited. Can be difficult to get things rolled out.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared to test a lot and take time to roll out new features. This is not a one size fits all service and has a lot of moving bits involved.

Collecting online Rent payments, managing resident work requests, communicating effectively with residents.

CEO | Owner | Principal Bartender
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Easy, simple platform"

What do you like best?

I’ve Been with Applied Management for 3 years ago and the portal they use is RentCafe. It’s easy to use and effective. They’ve recently updated their uswe interface and it’s clean and modern looking.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t let me schedule half payments twice a month which is how I’d prefer to pay my rent.

No problems that I know of.

Founder & COO
Real Estate

"Why you need Yardi in your life"

What do you like best?

I like that within Yardi I can manage all of my residents and tenants at my property management job.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the integration between onsite another system we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Keep launching great updates and making yardi overall more aesthetic

Solving and controlling all of our leases within our building in Seattle, we are benefiting from this great system.

Business Support Analyst
Machinery

"Great resident tool"

What do you like best?

It is helpful to use the RentCafe so residents can see all their documents, leases, and submit work orders.

What do you dislike?

The mobile version could be a little more user friendly.

residents having access to their documents and anything else we have to share with them.

CH
(Myself Only)

"Yardi Software "

What do you like best?

Easy access to pull out online documents and reset client's password

What do you dislike?

No option to delete guest cards and merge same guest

Easy access for online orders, online documents and check residents ledger

AC

"Could use some improvement"

What do you like best?

It is simple and easy to use for renters and managers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the the glitches that sometimes occurs when payments are being made.

It is a more convenient way for renters to access information.

Yardi RENTCafe Features

8.0
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.3*
* Multifamily Category
Do you work for Yardi RENTCafe?