4.0

Visual Lease is a lease management and accounting software for assets, including real estate, equipment and more.

Schedule time to view a live demonstration of Visual Lease!

Work for Visual Lease?

Learning about Visual Lease?

Visual Lease Reviews

Ask Visual Lease a Question
Showing 29 Visual Lease reviews
jessica e.

"Intuitive Platform"

What do you like best?

The Platform was built for all audiences in a way that the most technical aspects of lease abstraction and management can be understood with minimal time to all users, thus allowing the system to be used and maintained without difficulty or loss of valuable time.

What do you dislike?

There is too much manual labor in the admin portal and the maintenance of options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure your scope is fully defined including all data you want to eventually report on and make sure you get the Best practices from Visual Lease so that the data produces that kind of report.

Having a centralized library for all documents and reporting system was imperative and to also have all lease accounting under one roof has proven to solve problems across our entire business so that the data is being shared without that duplicitous work.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Visual Lease

"Meets most all ASC842 needs for varying lease types"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Being able to drill down into calculations and schedules and journal entries at the lease level helps understanding and correcting issues.

What do you dislike?

Being able to change "simple" things such as the calculation name

Reporting (ad hoc especially) is a challenge to get everything you need--a database format (rather than separate tabs) sure would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want something that's easy to use and can get up and running quickly, then Visual Lease works awesome. It is also reliable and encompasses most all issues you'll see as a lessee. Some of lessor accounting has a couple things to work out still, but within the short months we've had the system up and running, they've already addressed some issues we had with the software.

Automating the calculations and journal entries for ASC 842 and ongoing lease entries. We have avoided lots of headache by doing this through VLC instead of manually.

What Lease Accounting solution do you use?

"A modern system for lease administration"

What do you like best?

- High-level dashboard information is helpful.

- Mapping ability to see sites through zoom-in/out.

- Having the ability to put rent allocations straight into the system when their is user/cost sharing between internal groups.

- The accounting FASB function has gotten a lot of praise from out Finance folks.

What do you dislike?

The way that full names of site addresses do not populate in the search window. Things get truncated and cut-off, and if you have multiple leases within a building and different suites, a lot of the time you will only see multiple entries for "123 Maple Str---" and a File ID, which is not very helpful when your portfolio is large.

Another item is the additional steps/clicks issue from our old system. What used to be a one or two clicks to get to in order to open up a rent schedule is now a little elongated to get to the substantive information.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Character limit in searchable data fields needs to be addressed. It is untenable to have addresses cut-off and not being able to see a suite in the lookup area.

Ability to create a mini portfolio or certain regions to focus on.

Color Coding or differentiating colors on map to key to a legend.

Document inventory

FASB Journal Entry Creation

Abstract Summaries

User/Rent Allocation

Property Classifications

Document Repository

Jody H.

"Visual Lease Makes Life Easier"

What do you like best?

Having all of our leases and information at our fingertips and being able to make our monthly payment processing easier has saved us a ton of time. This is an excellent software for being able to access all information related to leases/timeshare/sublease/etc. It provides us the ability to see basic lease information (terms, sf, contact information), as well as financial information for the duration of the lease and all renewals. Abstracting of the leases provides ease in finding important information without the extra time. Email alerts provide us with critical dates. Customized reports are great and our monthly rent report provides a monthly rent report to AP so that payments can be made timely.

What do you dislike?

There is truly nothing that I dislike. Visual Lease is a great product for lease administration.

This software has saved us time in lease administration, researching as well as overall time in paying our monthly rent. What I am able to accomplish by having all of my information in one centralized place is absolutely wonderful.

"Great support and UX"

What do you like best?

The user interface is very intuitive and the customer service staff makes the user experience even better. I get frequent software updates that make the product more accessible and fixes bugs that are encountered while using the product.

What do you dislike?

There are some bugs that makes using the product annoying to use at times. There's also some pretty obvious features that would make the product even more usable, like the ability to format reports in certain views, as well as providing more reporting options.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try to see if you like it!

Lease administration in a single place, used to store documents, manage data on leases, getting reminders for important dates, and quality reporting capabilites. I'm able to keep leasing documents alongside information about the leasees in an easy to use layout and then get email notifications for important dates.

Nicole V.

"Great system for keeping lease information organized"

What do you like best?

Visual lease is very user friendly and easy to use. One of the main reasons we went with VL instead of other systems was because of the simplicity and the visually appealing user interface. We use it daily for our 375+ leases and it has truly made our jobs easier having a customizable place to put all of the information we need. The custom reporting is great as well.

What do you dislike?

Probably my only complaint is that you can't edit information in a datasheet view. You have to go into each lease individually for updates. I've also had a few issues with setting up new users, but the support team has always been super quick to resolve.

Instead of having to pull individual leases from physical folders, all the information is right there in visual lease...definitely speeds up the process.

"Visual Lease Experience"

What do you like best?

VL is very user friendly and has ability to customize certain fields. The reports the system generates are very slick, and I also like how I am able to create and save my own.

What do you dislike?

There seems to be some kinks with the system at times, which are not broadcasts to users. You tend to trip over these issue and email the help desk for them to confirm they are aware.

It would be great for them to incorporate a workflow structure into the system.

There was a meeting on the whole sublease aspect with VL. the end result did not benefit our needs or desires. However, we appreciated VL time and concern towards the matter.

Alton G.

"Similar to competitors"

What do you like best?

The feature set is pretty standard across the board. With that said, I do like this product and would recommend to all small to medium sized RE firms. During my time using Visual Lease Accounting software, I experienced no slowdowns / lags, crashes or lost information. Customer support was decent to expected (I only needed their support once and my issues was resolved within 3 business days).

What do you dislike?

Not enough unique features to truly elevate the software from its competitors. Yo ucan find other platforms that perform equally as well, some for less as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spacebase, Pro Lease, Buildium should all perform well in case you do not like Visual Lease.

Ease of access, decrease in physical copies of agreements

UE
User in Events Services

"A Solid Lease on Visual Lease"

What do you like best?

Constant improvement to the product to meet client needs is definitely what I like best. They offer training on every version update that is released. I found the product to be very logical and easy to use. Granted not everyone has common sense, but it was easy to navigate and get the hang of with within my first week on the job.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have a larger visual gallery (thumbnails) as more images are in greater demand. Other than that there really isn't anything to dislike. I just came up with one to answer the question, but Visual Lease was excellent to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Those who place high value on customer support will not be let down because they provide that on an ongoing basis. Visual Lease is customizable therefore making it highly efficient. If standard reports do not meet your exact needs, you can tailor one to fit you.

It is easy to access on the road! And one of the best benefits is that the cloud-based platform can generate reports significantly faster than when we would have to devote a day to accomplish the same task. And, they offer translation services.

Erika J.

"A pleasure to work with"

What do you like best?

Visual Lease makes it easy to remember important dates with just a couple clicks! I like that I get the reports right to my email

What do you dislike?

I dislike the format of the files. It makes it a little difficult to visualize and see exactly what we are looing for if we are in a hurry

I am able to have all of my leases in one easy place. I have realized there are plenty of important dates to remember and Visual Lease makes that part of my job much easier

Ken F.

"POSITIVE, PROACTIVE, RESPONSIVE"

What do you like best?

I like VL's willingness to work with us. Whether it is a small change to the database or a request for additional services. VL's customer service if GREAT!!

What do you dislike?

There is not much in the way of tracking property insurance better.

FASB compliance

Christopher S.

"Definitely needed for small businesses"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the execution of the program how it works extremely easy basically plug-and-play

What do you dislike?

The time it took for me to understand the program completely was a little long but I was not dissatisfied

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You have to try it and it will turn your whole business around

Just the ability to hold all transactions in one place and having a database to keep them in

"Visual Lease is intuitive and easy to implement."

What do you like best?

Having the actual PDF's and other documents easily available for review saves a great deal of time.

What do you dislike?

The alerts are not disabled when an option is exercised so it's necessary to go back and verify that you actually exercised the option.

We don't miss option exercises as much as we did without Visual Lease.

UF
User in Food & Beverages

"Not user-friendly or intuitive"

What do you like best?

The system keeps all lease documents in one place and everything is accessible by users. We can see all location details across the US in one place.

What do you dislike?

The program is not very user-friendly. It is also very slow-running and lags, possibly due to an overload of information.

We use the software to keep track of leases for locations across the US. We also use it to keep track of and validate monthly rent payments. Our accounting team is able to go into the system and see the data which helps eliminate questions and keeps everyone up to date with the latest information.

Courtney C.

"Accounting at its best "

What do you like best?

I was able to see everything right in front of me at all times. I have everything at my fingertips. Great!

What do you dislike?

There wasn’t anything that I didn’t like about the software. I don’t have to deal with poor customer service from people. I can manage everything myself.

I am able to get a full visual of everything I am doing all at once.

"A great accounting and lease based software"

What do you like best?

The best thing about the software is the customisation it provides.For example some components like user defined fields,drop down lists ,categories for income and expense and all makes it an overall package for accounting.The dashboard and notification style and mobility is too good.

What do you dislike?

There is no major con but still two small things that may bug are a thumbnail processing and custom reports. But both of these are small issues so over all I would still recommend to give it a try because hands down it is still the best accounting software

Accounting and leasing problem

Diane F.

"Very supportive staff, user friendly"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and easy to run reports or get info. Staff is very accessible and helpful if needed.

What do you dislike?

Often get a long running script error. Not sure that is a VL or internet issue. A bit clunky on how to change the financial dates you want to review in the calendar.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Test the connection speed.

Easy access to lease info and critical dates. Made if very easy to run reports and see info.

UR
User in Real Estate

"Visual Lease Review"

What do you like best?

The main dashboard is very easy to read and navigate.

What do you dislike?

Having to 'download' each document before opening. Although this sometimes comes in handy.

We are able to monitor all of our portfolio lease expiration and locations fairly easily. The program is incredibly easy to navigate and get all of our information very quickly.

AR
Administrator in Real Estate

"Reliability for years"

What do you like best?

This is a very comprehensive program that never ceases evolving to coincide with users' needs.

What do you dislike?

Some very simple things could be improved (for instance, the Spell Check segment).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You cannot go wrong with Visual Lease. It's the best lease and project management program out there.

I can house our lease documents, abstract into easily identifiable and critical categories, track payments and billings, all in one program.

User in Medical Devices

"Very much needed for a small to large business"

What do you like best?

It is an easy to use program which didn't take very long to learn and makes work easier

What do you dislike?

Although most software will have a learning curve this was slightly longer than expected

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend trying this software out if youre in need of a lease accounting software. I'm not very familiar with other software that completes it with ease as well as this one. Give it a try and see if you like it for yourself.

keeping out accounting and numbers in order

"Solve your Problems with Visual Lease "

What do you like best?

The visual dashboards are appealing and easy to use. The company does a good job updating to the latest version with new improvements to the operating system.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally we receive an error when running random operations. No other issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool to implement in your business process.

It is easy to access from any location and it is useful in keeping all of our data in one place. It has helped manage dates as well as workflow/assigned tasks.

AC
Agency in Computer Software

"A new Era of Leasing"

What do you like best?

property accounting feature is my favorite. The ability to drill down each and every expenditure and income is just fantastic.

What do you dislike?

It's little more tech savvy than an average user but it's still worth while to learn this to save hours of manual labor.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try if you think "time is money"

I used this software for leasing personal properties through my own reality. As a ROI, i was able to track everything about my properties in one application.

AM
Administrator in Medical Devices

"Have used Visual Lease for nearly 7 years now."

What do you like best?

Customer service and response to inquiries is excellent. Product is regularly updated to meet the needs of its' users.

What do you dislike?

This is the only lease management software I've ever used, so I have no basis of comparison, but at this point, I'd have to say that I don't dislike anything about it.

Before using the system, our company had no centralized lease structure. This tool has allowed us to get a handle on our properties and provided the information needed to make intelligent decisions in the best interest of our company.

IR
Internal Consultant in Real Estate

"Not the best"

What do you like best?

Able to solve complex problems if you know how to use the software along with the basics of lease accounting.

What do you dislike?

Not very user friendly, the User interface could be improved. Explaining in detail what the inputs and outputs mean could help beginners.

Lease administration and accounting for corporate tenants and property owners. Used for office space, retail stores and industrial sites.

AL
Administrator in Law Practice

"Visual Lease "

What do you like best?

Visual Lease allows for easy navigation. Love the dash boards

What do you dislike?

Reporting options need improvement and allow for formatting advanced reports.

Providing easy document storage and data management for small property clients

"Awesome software"

What do you like best?

The interface of this software is very user friendly. Being a first time user also you will not find any difficulty in operating it. This has helped our finance and accounts team tremendously. Employees get salary on time without any discrepancy.

What do you dislike?

Sometime the response is slow and technical glitches create process to stuck

Salary management for employees

"Visual lease"

What do you like best?

I like that it can provide records in a moment. It helps me organize my data save time. It did take a minute to get familiar with and to learn the software.

What do you dislike?

It is not the most user-friendly software. I wish it had more editing options.

It helped me with general bookkeeping.

AF
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Will be beneficial"

What do you like best?

The organization it provides along with critical date reminders.

What do you dislike?

Having to abstract everything into the system.

Being reminded of critical dates, helps to keep us on top of our lease options and renewals.

UA
User in Accounting

"Visual Lease "

What do you like best?

New lease accounting standards calculation module and the abstraction of all lease information

What do you dislike?

Sometimes abstraction can be inaccurate.

Accounting for leases

Learning about Visual Lease?

* We monitor all Visual Lease reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.0

Schedule time to view a live demonstration of Visual Lease!