UpGuard

Complete visibility and monitoring for enterprise risk and cyber resilience.

Work for UpGuard?

Learning about UpGuard?

UpGuard Reviews

Ask UpGuard a Question
Showing 11 UpGuard reviews
UpGuard review by Ryan C.
Ryan C.

"Monitor and solve possible errors in your system"

What do you like best?

The configuration scripts to check the scans are perfectly established and integrated within the system, which allows us to analyze completely any possible errors that may exist within our system.

The analysis reports are quite complete, they show you all the errors and the reasons for each of them so you can work on your solution. It also sends you notices so you are constantly informed of what is happening in your company.

It allows a global vision of the infrastructure of your systems through its control panel. This is useful to check in a general way the structural functioning of the whole set of computers.

What do you dislike?

The section of the script is really useful, but it costs a bit to configure them and adapt to their operation, since it is a feature that requires certain knowledge for its correct use.

The administration interface is somewhat complex, as it has many sections and options. It is positive that the administration is very complete, but at the beginning it is difficult to understand all its sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Automating the monitoring and scripts for the analysis of problems in your system is important to be more effective and reduce the time of problem solving in your company. UpGuard is a good tool that allows you to improve that internal structural analysis of your systems.

Monitoring a broad computer system like the one we have in our company is difficult with the use of traditional media. UpGuard allows us to monitor everything that happens in our system, warns us of possible errors, structural failures. All this helps us to be much more effective in solving problems and not wasting time looking for possible causes of errors, as UpGuard informs you of the failures and their reasons.

The automation of this software for the implementation of scripts that allow analysis and monitoring allows us to avoid losing time also in the manual configuration and also allows us to be more secure, since once configured everything goes automatically.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about UpGuard
UpGuard review by Biswa M.
Biswa M.

"Upgrad making learning a new skill easy"

What do you like best?

i have found all the required resources available online such as video material for teaching the machine learning and varioius technology, data sets to gain coding knowledge and other materials to teach us about the business

What do you dislike?

I have not found much to dislike however i do feel the pricing for the courses could be more economical. However i am have found more pros for using the upgrad platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Upgrad has helped me in ways which provided a definite structure in the vast ocean of information about the machine learning available online. It gave the benefit of a structured program rather than spending or wasting huge amounts of time just trying to accumulate all the resources required to make some headway.

Upgrad helps in teaching skills to masses and address the issue of employability. Upgrad do this by collaborating not just with an academic institute, but also bringing in industry experts to give us the right tools required in the market.

What Enterprise IT Management Suites solution do you use?

UpGuard review by Satyam G.
Satyam G.

"Upguard Cybersecurity"

What do you like best?

It provides products and services to help companies stand up securely configured systems and guard against outages and breaches. It gives the protection you need for users.It allows the global vision of the infrastructure of your systems through its control panel.

What do you dislike?

The administration interface is somewhat complex, as it has many sections and options.It is positive the administration is complete, but at beginning it is difficult to understand all its sections.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It gave thebenefit of a structured program rather than spending or wasting huge amounts of time just trying to accumulate all the resources

The automation of this software for the implementation of scripts that allow analysis and monitoring allows us to avoid losing time and also in the manual configuration.If you are looking for something to just perform configuration management.

UpGuard review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"I've used Guardrail to baseline systems and then to compare newly-built systems to the baseline. "

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the product and the reports are very thorough. I like the direction they are going with giving you configuration scripts based upon the scan results, for systems like Chef, Puppet, and DSC, and hope that the DSC, in particular, becomes more well-established.

What do you dislike?

My last few times using it, the scripting parts are pretty new. I'm also not sure that you couldn't create similar reports for Windows machines using simple PowerShell scripts and WMI.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are looking for something to just perform configuration management, ScriptRock is not for you. If you are looking to monitor configuration changes, ScriptRock is PERFECT. Combined with a config management suite, you have a very powerful solution for automating and maintaining configurations.

baselining systems and script development for configurations

UpGuard review by Ian B.
Ian B.

"Visualize what you have, see changes over time, and monitor what matters most"

What do you like best?

I love that ScriptRock is a scrappy start-up that is paying close attention to its customers. As fast as the DevOps market is growing, it is still a new market and needs people like Michael and Alan who are learning as it grows.

The product, GuardRail, makes it easy to do rather complex things. Although GuardRail currently requires agents (at least for Windows), the installation was easy. Right away, we could see what our infrastructure looked like and compare machines that were supposed to be similar. Just as easily, we could compare configurations over time (from the point when we installed the agent) to see what changes were causing us problems. I was able to write a battery of "automated tests" (which could just as easily be called "monitors") without using any code. On the rare occasion when I hit limits of the existing templates, it was easy to write some PowerShell (in my case) to bridge the gap.

What do you dislike?

While GuardRail is has a simple and easy-to-learn web UI, I am looking forward to some additional polish in user flows. I found it common that I needed to work with multiple browser windows to avoid some navigation that involved too many clicks. I am confident that ScriptRock will improve the flows as they attract more customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GuardRail is a brilliant solution to an often overlooked problem. I strongly recommend GuardRail as a starting point for any team moving from "special snowflake" infrastructure to "infrastructure as code". Because what you don't know can hurt you.

GuardRail is a much needed solution to a problem most people don't yet understand well. We were like so many organizations trying to embrace DevOps -- we jumped from unmanaged chaos into heavy automation. The problem is that automation has a steep learning curve, even if you already understand your infrastructure. What we learned from automation is that we didn't have a know, stable platform. We needed GuardRail to help us understand what already exists, how it was configured, how that configuration was changing, and then to write "tests" to make sure the important parts of the infrastructure didn't change.

UpGuard review by Jonathan (Jay) J.
Jonathan (Jay) J.

"Protection you need"

What do you like best?

It gives the protection you need for your users and yourself

What do you dislike?

It should reach out to more local comapanies and it users to build a stronger network

It protects from the evil cyber threats and trolls that are littering the internet.

UpGuard review by Hamshika K.
Hamshika K.

"Review for UpGuard"

What do you like best?

We can log in the console from anyplace, I lik this section very much

What do you dislike?

If you don't have enough licenses it won't install probably and needs to install again

I individually recommend for server integrity monitoring

UpGuard review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Guardrail Review"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that it gets down to file level detail for changes. I can access the console from anywhere. Policies that keep things in line with a base "image". I've just started using the product so I am still learning.

What do you dislike?

I had to adjust to the logic in the management interface, but that's not a big deal. I would have loved to have seen a change management system weaved into this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you'll be using a service account script out the install and permission sets. I wasn't ready for automating the deploy process so I had to do a lot of things manually. Create a GPO, set the service account manually on ever server and set file permissions on the scriptrock dir on every machine. That required a lot of coffee!

We want to know what changes are taking place down to a file level. We need to implement a change management solution, but at least I can now keep tabs on what is happening in our environment.

UpGuard review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"GuardRail Rocks"

What do you like best?

File level detail for changes including doing differentials. Console from anywhere. A very helpful and responsive support team.

What do you dislike?

The windows agent requires a little work. If you don't have enough licences it wont install correctly and needs to be re-installed. You have to list out all the files individually you want to do file level comparisons on rather than just specifying a directory structure with maybe a *.extension type to compare.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely an easy product to demo. You should be able to see some value of the tool with 10 minutes of playing with it.

Validating whats different between servers that maybe causing the instabilities or wierd behaviour in code.

UpGuard review by Jeremiah S.
Jeremiah S.

"Very easy change monitoring"

What do you like best?

Daily emails that link to a dashboard that shows everything that has changed on the server. I can see at a glance what has changed and easy to read charts.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I would consider worthy of the term "dislike"

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Install it on a server and watch the reports for a couple of weeks. See if its format meets a key requirement in your own monitoring efforts.

server integrity monitoring

UpGuard review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Government Administration

"UPGUARD new saffer way "

What do you like best?

UpGuard delivers Cyber Resilience for digital businesses, enabling IT teams to trust their systems

What do you dislike?

allows businesses to understand the risk of breaches and unplanned outages due to misconfigurations and software vulnerabilities.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

None at this time trying out

on a trial to find out

Learning about UpGuard?

* We monitor all UpGuard reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.