SugarCRM is a general purpose CRM than can easily be honed to fit any organisations purpose. It is not constrained and gives the end client all the control.
- Flexibility at any user level - a tool for those using it
- Flexibility in design - CRM that works the way you want it to
- Flexibility in deployment model - SaaS, Hosted or Onsite - you choose
- Hint - Relationship Analytics
- REST API - easily integrates
- Strong Reporting
- Mobile with offline
Still building out the plugin options on the Marketplace so not as extensive as some of the competitors. The lack of vertically focused builds which means clients need to know or discover what it is they want from the CRM. The need to illustrate the differences between Community Edition and one of the paid editions, chalk and cheese.
Most CRM solutions do the basics and can tick the boxes in a feature checklist.
- Do dig deeper into your own requirements to understand how your users across the business will actually use the CRM to meet your customer expectations.
- Do use this as the catalyst to review/consider the journey your customers take or should take when dealing with your business
- Do review solutions based on how the solution fits your specific use cases
- Do review what the users of the CRM say about the solution. Is it a tool that your staff will want to use because it provides them with benefits
This will allow you to identify and document use cases that are specific to your needs and in turn allow you to determine which solution best meets your needs, today and tomorrow.
- Don't outsource the thinking, no one knows your business or customer better than you
- Don't buy into a set and forget mentality - no "off the self" solution will continue to meet your customer changing demands. CRM is practice and discipline, not a tool and you must continue to refine and enhance regardless of the tools you use.
- Don't build your own - to costs of ownership simply does not stack up
SugarCRM will only be the best CRM for you if you know what your customers and users need from it.
Large range but mostly centred around providing clients with a 360 view of their clients. This is after all the primary purpose of a CRM solution, however, the complexity and cost associated with making this a reality mean clients seldom achieve this objective. This is exaggerated in the small to medium market space. They face all the same challenges with reduced budgets all while gaining greater market share. SugarCRM is most capable of making this a reality for those clients.