Sonar Reviews & Product Details

Sonar Overview

What is Sonar?

The high-tech world we live in has opened up new possibilities for how sales and marketing teams can build meaningful relationships with their prospects and customers. The innovation of mobile channels has created an outlet that many companies aren’t currently utilizing. Having trouble qualifying leads, converting prospects, or engaging with your customers? This is where Sonar mends the gap. Sonar is a leading business-text communication platform. With dozens of integrations, seamlessly connect with your customers through your CRM or tech stack. Utilize the power of AI to automate initial communication, follow-ups, scheduling, drip campaigns, and more! With one of the highest rated user interfaces and user experiences, Sonar offers the best suite of functionality for your sales and marketing teams on the channels your customers prefer the most. Convert more, engage effectively, and drive revenue. This is how Sonar elevates your mobile strategy to be personal, at scale.

Sonar Details
Discussions
Sonar Community

Sonar enables a sales team to reach consumers where they live all day every day (messaging channels), in a highly personal way, and at any scale by leveraging artificial intelligence in combination with human sales teams

5 Reasons Sonar Stands Out From The Pack:

Sonar Screenshots

Sonar Reviews

Showing 96 Sonar reviews
Already have Sonar?
What do you like best?

What I like best about Sonar is that I am able to communicate to my customers who prefer to communicate primarily via text messaging. I also like that you are able to send pictures and attachments to my customers through the sonar application. I find it to be very concise, convenient, and easy. I find that you get quicker responses versus calling and having to leave a voicemail. In my previous sales position, I had to make cold calls and we also had a sales cadence. Within the sale cadence, there was no way of sending text messages to the consumer. Having this capability is great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Sonar is not being able see full text conversation until after hitting submit in the little window of my Salesforce application. Other than that, I don't feel like there is much to dislike. The application itself is easy to use and requires no real training or set up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sonar is great way to communicate via text during work without using your personal device. If you are concern with personal privacy and want to have no questions regarding inappropriate use of text messaging with clients, then Sonar is the best option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As I stated earlier, I like being able to communication with people that prefer to communicate through text and not by calls. I am solving several different problems by being able to quickly reach out to my prospects and it allows them to quickly reply back to me when they are either too busy or just simply cannot talk. This method of communication also leaves some what of a paper trail. So in the event, where I forget a conversation or need to reference what was discussed in previous conversations, I am able to do so. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Associate
What do you like best?

Sonar makes it easy to both send automated bulk messages, but also to keep the personal touch with your customers. The campaign feature allows you to send campaigns based on tags that you can assign to customers. With that it makes it very easy to split customers into different communication groups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I love the fact that you can send campaigns with tags that you give to your customers, but sometimes you just have a short list of phone numbers that you need to send a bulk text to. Having a feature to send a campaign by pasting the phone numbers into a receiver-field would make it easy to send campaigns to a couple of people without having to give them tags in Sonar. Integrating unsubscribe automations would be very helpful. For now, if we run automations on Zapier that ads people to our customer list, it overwrites previously unsubscribed from the communication service. If we could ad customer information with an automation without overwriting the unsubscribed customers, that would be perfect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sonar makes bulk messaging and automated messaging really easy by allowing you to easily split your customer groups into different groups. This makes it also easier to have more personalised messaging. It is very good for lead management, engagement and marketing messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Bulk Texting and automated messages, as well as lead generation and marketing messages. We mostly use text messaging without using the messenger feature. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

What I like best about Sonar is our partnership with our Sonar point of contact. My company's sales team uses Sonar to text clients, so when we come across issues during this process we have a Sonar point of contact to help us troubleshoot these issues. When we ask him questions, the point of contact is always quick to respond with detailed answers, is friendly and easy to work with. This helps us to resolve issues on our end more efficiently! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Within Sonar, clients are randomly unsubscribed via the API and the Sonar rep has to manually re-trigger the opt in request for each case. While these are completed in a timely manner, I wish there was a way to make it easier for the Sonar rep! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

From an operations perspective: things like re-subscribing clients to receive our texts, porting new employee phone numbers into Sonar. In general, it's great to have Sonar because it integrates into Salesforce where we can easily track texts through our main CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Regional Operations
Internet
What do you like best?

My favorite part is the operational efficiency. It's very user friendly and easy to use. My favorite feature is the ability to increase insights into your existing or potential audience by Sonar Platform’s profile enrichment functionality based on public data.

The Platform features including Optimization, Integrations - Mobile Marketing, and Internationalization were fantastic. Another set of features that allowed me to work efficiently was the Text Messaging

platforms - Bulk SMS, Two-Way Text Messaging, Text Scheduler, Automatic Replies, and Automatic URL Shortening . We were able to receive great customer feedback due to the Friendliness of the platform -

Personalization, Seamless Escalation, and the concierge Case Manager. With this great customer feedback, our company was able to grow more efficiently then ever before. Overall, it was a good experience overall. I really liked the platform and messaging systems. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My least favorite part about Sonar was the initial learning curve. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy to use, but my initial learnings were difficult. When we had to train other team members to use Sonar, there was some confusion and misunderstanding with certain features. Some of the analysis features could use some work - this includes application attribution, campaign analysis, uninstall tracking, and custom dashboards. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

n/a Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving our support problem here at Bird. We are able to have a quick response time during onboarding and comms. We have also increased our onboarding efficiency using Sonar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Andrew Berman of Sonar

Kory, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are continually striving to make onboarding with Sonar as seamless and easy as possible. We are working to create an even better way to train, onboard, and demonstrate how to utilize every feature and function of Sonar. There will be instructional videos soon, intended to ease the confusion or misunderstandings that might arise. Check back soon on our website at sendsonar.com

Recruiter
What do you like best?

This is such a great platform for communication and lead generation. I use this all the time every day, all day to communicate with external people or candidates. I would recommend this platform to anyone Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that I have to import all of the candidate's numbers in a certain format and a certain file style ( comma spreadsheet) in order to send a mass text to everyone. This should be way easier to do and easier to use in order to perfect this platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

AMAZING! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are being able to retrieve new candidates for our programs here at work. We also use this platform so we can reach out to our contingent workers in order to get major messages across whether its help, informative or important messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Andrew Berman of Sonar

Michael, we are currently working on creating a better way to import contacts into Sonar.We will be sure to let you know when that functionality goes live!

Business Consultant
What do you like best?

I love how I no longer have to text clients from my actual cell phone number when I use a work line all day at the office. This helps me out by being able to engage my clients with a quick and easy text and not confuse them about who is reaching out being it uses my work line in the sms messaging. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found a way to delete old text threads in the app and I always have to load a new Sonar window when I get a new text message. The current window I have open never updates. Furthermore, the screen gets "stuck" sometimes wont let me scroll all the way down in a text thread. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Engaging clients without having to give out my personal cell phone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Andrew Berman of Sonar

Marc, we are more than happy to help out. If you want to delete old threads, you can do so by deleting the customer by going to Menu >> Customers. There you can find the customer you want to delete and then click the "X" next to their name/number to delete them. Instead of deleting, you can also close out old text threads by selecting a thread in the threads list, clicking the "Actions" button and then click "Close" to remove and archive the thread. The conversation will no longer appear in your threads but it will be archived if you ever need to re-engage or remember the conversation.

AT
What do you like best?

Sonar is very user friendly. Once we transitioned to Sonar, it was easy to understand and implement on my team. The features are easy to use! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sonar has little to no difficulties. If there is one portion that needs improvement, I would say the bulk messaging portion takes a few steps. It could be narrowed down to one click. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a user friendly platform that is easy to implement on teams Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to onboard contingent workforce efficiently and effectively. We are able to get more information across via Sonar. We have seen an increase in show up rates due to the use of Sonar. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

email notifications when I get a new message is very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I see texts from other people in my feed and my email. I think an app for my phone would be convenient as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I'm able to communicate with clients that otherwise wouldn't respond. It can save me time because people just aren't interested and they'll say so through sonar so I can move on. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Andrew Berman of Sonar

These chat conversation visibility settings were put in place by your Sonar admin. There is a quick and easy way to fix this issue. We would recommend speaking with your admin, as they have the power to quickly adjust the settings. If you need more help, you can text or email us!

Vice President, Operations
What do you like best?

My organization has worked with Sonar for more than three years, and as the company has grown, their commitment to the success of their clients hasn't waned one bit. Our relationship continues to be the best of all the SAAS vendors that we work with.

Sonar is focused not on making sure you as a customer are using the product, but that the application of the product to your customer flow improves output 4-5x. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of specific feature additions I would like to see, but the Sonar team is super communicative and keeps me posted on the development and implementation of these features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With our business, we need to manage a large volume of customer inquiries incredibly quickly. Sonar is the ideal platform for this. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CM
What do you like best?

It's a convenient tool to stay in touch with clients, the notifications are always prompt. The ability to text from my computer has changed my workflow in so many ways. Companies in growth mode will definitely find it useful from BDRs to sales reps to consultants. Most clients prefer text over phone calls and even email these days, so it's a perfect way to start ahead of the curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, Sonar currently has poor mobile compatibility, any time I have tried using it on my phone while on the go, it forces multiple logins over and over again. There is no app either, so it leaves you with no option but to provide your personal cell phone number or rely on phone calls and emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's definitely a useful tool if you need texting support within your sales team. It's simple to use and highly effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been able to build client relationships far beyond the limitation of phone calls and emails. Texting provides a personal touch, a quick response, and the ability to proactively reach out to clients before other issues arise. The typical time to read an email is roughly 2 hours versus 2 minutes for a text. It's a no-brainer really. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Operations Manager
What do you like best?

Setup was simple and the out-of-the-box version is excellent as is. It's frustrating when SaaS products need customization to be useful, but Sonar is great from day 1. On top of that, their success team is top-notch. Most of my requests were tackled faster than my internal IT team. Truly excellent team from top to bottom. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We've had a few Salesforce sync issues, but I think most of that is due to our Salesforce customizations and not Sonar. We've been able to work through the issues, so now we're on fire! Love this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed a quick way to remind prospects of upcoming demos, or make quick introductions. SMS is so much more effective than voicemail because no one picks up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Consultant
What do you like best?

Sonar has changed the game for texting while working for me. I have used chatbox before and the ability to upload pictures and send snips to my clients of things they can purchase while leaving a voicemail has changed the game for me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I have not received many drawbacks from using Sonar. I have been able to do what I need to do daily with it and has simplified my life significantly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am able to send tons of snips of new inventory available with ease utilizing sonar and it has just helped me quickly change my workflow from just using email and phone calls. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I love the ability to create canned messages! The simplicity allows me to send about 50 text messages in a minute. I had surgery on my wrist recently so this feature has been a game-changer. I haven't missed a step with communicating with my clients Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how Sonar doesn't pop up with message notifications. I created a rule in my outlook to have those notifications pop up when I receive a message as a workaround. I also wish you could set an away message while you are out of the office! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Sonar made it easy for us to configure a widget for marketing text automation (one way communication where we text a link or info to the customer). The API documentation was easy to understand for our development team, and the solution has been easy to scale. Customer support has been excellent for the marketing team thanks to Nic Baughman! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not a lot to dislike as the customer support has been excellent for the marketing team! However a few suggestions are that setting up automated triggered marketing campaigns requires Salesforce development support (and is not easy for a marketing team to configure out of the box) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Marketing text automation and easy to configure widgets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

It's a great way for me to be able to communicate and have a record of what we spoke of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Whenever I send a text message, my entire organization can see everything we're talking about. Strategy conversations, especially in a sales world, go out the window. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Again, I think it's fantastic for you to be able to see all of your clients communications. It's easy to be able to see everything that's going on and having one point of information. In a sales organization, being able to go back and see all the conversation that you've had between clients and your employees is crucial, but beware that everyone who is logged into Sonar can see your conversations, so privacy can be a concern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping a record of conversations is the best part. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Andrew Berman of Sonar

Hello, your chat conversation visibility settings are set up by your Sonar admin. We offer the functionality to organize and allow viewing access to only conversations that pertain to you. We would recommend speaking to your admin to update those preferences or send us an email so we can assist.

Offers Advisor
Real Estate
What do you like best?

I love the sonar capability of canned responses and the ability to customize texts to our prospective clients, also to add autofill autopopulate fields for very fast reponses Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At this point I don't care for the fact you have to sign in independently from salesforce to use sonar. We have to open Sonar independently in Okta in order to use it within salesforce Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

benefits are that it gives us another option for communication--all responses in one place--email alerts--would be helpful if we could respond from email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CMO
What do you like best?

drip SMS is a most powerful force. Sonar makes it so easy Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

it's great. so much better than the other solutions we've used before (twilio, avochato). think they need a bigger sales team tbh Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

such a good product, no brainer. this should be a basic tool for any direct response marketer. if you have phone numbers and are doing outbound calls, this product lets you get customers to raise their hand when it works for them to be called. a no brainer for any company selling a product with LTV over $500. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

no engineering needed to create drip SMS marketing. I think it's a high quality product with great documentation and reporting Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Development Representative
What do you like best?

I love the ease that Sonar provides. We are able to send out messages at a very high volume. It's deliverability rate is second to none and I always know my messages are being delivered on time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is sometimes difficult to keep things organized in Sonar. With so many messages being sent, I can get lost in the account pages and message tabs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time getting to know all of the different features and capabilities of the platform. There is a lot in there that can be overlooked if the time isn't taken properly to learn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sonar mainly solves the problem of text messages not being delivered, when sending in bulk. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Sales Executive
Internet
What do you like best?

I like that Sonar gives me the options to text either office number or cell number. Also it updates in my email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it takes a few minutes to get to my email i wish it was in real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think they should give it a try to start to uses it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It helps me reschedule missed appointments. It also gives me another tool to communicate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

I like that Sonar is adapted into our Salesforce platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that Sonar has been updated and erases previous history too fast. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the email notifications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Many customers prefer text contact, and I can accommodate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

In Sales Operations, we appreciate the smooth communication and roll-out of the Sonar app to our sales teams. The support through our Sonar rep has been phenomenal - quick and efficient product support when we need it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is a double opt-in process for us to sync clients in Sonar and Salesforce. This can confuse both our reps and clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As an org, we heavily rely on Salesforce. Sonar integrates well into Salesforce and allows us to better track conversation threads with our clients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Executive
What do you like best?

The alerts coming to me by email makes it easier to stay on top of interested clients. It's also very easy for them to opt in and for the company to stay compliant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When someone opts in, it doesn't automatically check the opt in box within my salesforce. It would be great if the box in Salesforce was checked when they opt in. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great system and very very easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I can easily communicate with clients instead of calling them. I set more appointments with the Sonar text feature. Staying compliant is also good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zillow Offers Advisor & Pride Network Site Lead
What do you like best?

The ability to send messages from my computer and make my own canned responses and combine it with our SalesForce. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

that as an org we see everyones messages. Sometimes it is hard to find our messages if we are looking at all of the org messages. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to quickly touch clients and keep a record of conversation with them Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Andrew Berman of Sonar

Brandon, your Sonar admin set the chat conversation visibility preferences for your team. I would recommend speaking with him/her to alter your RBAC settings to limit visibility to conversations that only pertain to you.Let us know if you need anything else!

AT
What do you like best?

When messaging around 1,000 people a day across multiple markets, Sonar's UI allowed me to keep track of where I was with onboarding numbers in each market I owned. It's reliability in delivering messages allowed me to keep a steady backlog of leads to lean on when necessary. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that was frustrating was sometimes the ability to upload a CSV was broken and could often times remain that way for a long period. It was impossible to upload new leads to reach out too and could set back work by up to a day sometimes. We also struggled with international numbers using Sonar, they were usually slow to acquire an international number that would go through to Mexico and some EU markets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had solved the issue of manually tracking number of onboards per market, with the clean interface you were able to tell how many people you had down in a specific market with no mental strain! By Cutting down the required steps to onboard we were able to increase our efficiency without bringing on any new hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Operations Specialist
What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and create campaigns making blasting text messages easier. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Dashboard was a bit confusing to understand at first but after working on it for a couple of days it was seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sonar improved our response rate with our gig economy and made simple text messages and responses easier to track and navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.