Socio Reviews & Product Details

Socio Overview

What is Socio?

Socio's end-to-end event platform powers virtual, hybrid, and in-person events for clients like Microsoft, Google, Nike, Comcast, Questex, Pinterest, Lessonly, Harvard University, and more in 70+ countries. Built for events - not webinars, Socio uses drag-and-drop technology and pairs registration, streaming, engagement, sponsorship, and networking for a seamless event experience.

Socio Details
Discussions
Socio Community
German, Greek, English, French, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese (Simplified)

Socio provides an event app that surrounds your live events. Create your app in minutes and let your attendees enjoy an unforgettable experience

White-glove support + Self-serve simplicity
All of our event technology is built to work as intuitively as possible. But we don’t stop there. We also dedicate a customer success rep to your account who makes sure your event is a success.

Event Apps with wow factor
It’s your event, so your app should look and feel exactly how you want it to. Our white-label Event App is the most customizable on the market. Choose from 86,000+ icons, specify your colors, layout, and titles to match your brand.

Lead Retrieval that actually works
Help your sponsors and exhibitors smash ROI. Our Lead Retrieval captures leads with a mobile app, encourages team in-app team collaboration, then instantly exports them to CRMs.

Live Display for a beautiful brand experience
Turn all of your venue screens into branded digital displays. With Live Display, you can showcase your custom event content with a single click.

Socio
2016
Indianapolis, IN

CCO & Founder

Socio Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Socio community
Have you used Socio before?

Socio Reviews

Showing 119 Socio reviews
Already have Socio?
National Conference Operations Team Leader
Religious Institutions
What do you like best?

I love Socio's ease of use from a backend standpoint. Compared to another company we used in the past for some similar features, Socio's platform was intuitive, fun, and expansive. I was able to accomplish all that I and my design team wanted and the ability to upload content from a spreadsheet was a huge timesaver. This was a great product that allowed me to set up something great for our attendees to experience our event well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The thing that was frustrating about the software was during events. Having to navigate between multiple windows / screens to find problems or glitches and then solve them on the backend was a bit cumbersome. I'm not sure how to go about resolving that as the views are quite different, but it was most helpful to have multiple screens to relieve any friction my users experienced. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had to transition a multi-location conference with thousands of attendees to something virtual. We needed something that would allow us to communicate to people across the world that was engaging, relevant, and not another webinar. Socio filled that gap in a great way by providing a platform that was engaging for our attendees, allowed live and recorded content to be enjoyed, and gave multiple ways to engage before, during, and after our event. Attendees and our own staff said it was a conference that allowed us to do more than we thought we could with the current realities and restrictions. One of the biggest benefits we realized was that gamifying our conferences boosts engagement for all people and we'll look into how we can continue this when we get back to in-person events (which Socio can do, too!). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey Kevin! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are delighted that you were able to successfully transition your event to virtual using our platform. Attendee engagement in the world of virtual meetings is paramount, so it's incredibly exciting to hear that Socio was able to fill that need.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

Socio's support is excellent. The product is easy to use and maneuver through the different sections. Easy to upload and add/edit the different areas. The registration page was easy to set up and easy to use when attendees register. The speakers, sponsors, and agenda pages were very easy to edit. The set up for the "live" viewing is very intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were a few areas, that were not intuitive and without support, I would not of known about them. Socio Server being one of them. I wish there was a consultant to work with on the day of the event. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research and due dilegence. Ask questions to better understand. Play around in the system to get familiar with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Using a virtual platform for a virtual event has it's own challenges. Especially when we are all use to live events. Socio helps with the learning curve of a new virtual era. No problems - benefits are continually arriving. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hi Megan! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

We are excited to hear that overall you found the platform easy to use and that our support team was helpful when you needed additional guidance. Day-of dedicated support is indeed a service we offer that your Customer Success Manager can assist with when planning for your future events.

Delegate manager
What do you like best?

Clean, clear navigation. Easy to programme. Amazing customer support (with funny gifs). Staffed by people from all over the world so customers don't wait long for a response. As our project ended (Dec 2020), they upgraded the metrics and analysis function so feedback will be incredibly easy to report on next time. Love this platform and we're using it again for more projects in 2021. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The icons and graphics on the home page aren't as striking on the WebApp as they are on a phone / tablet - too small.

On a phone / tablet > Sponsor section > Individual Sponsor page: The sponsor logo space is quite small. Could it take up the width of the screen (ie be the same size as a banner advert, but at the top of the sponsor profile?)

Sponsor attachments & links were tricky to get in the right order (some sponsors were VERY specific about the order their material should be displayed in) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Would recommend. Easy to use, great customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a few delegate issues which were mainly caused by delegates NOT reading the info we gave them and logging in incorrectly. Sometimes we got stuck in a loop and needed Socio support to reset them, which the team were very quick to provide (see above).

Getting analytics was tricky prior to the last upgrade, but looks like it will be super easy going forward.

When bulk uploading delegate names at the start of the project, spaces (typed by the delegate) were pulled in and this caused problems when issuing CPD points as the formulas we used didn't account for these extra spaces. We'll be careful next time to remove them, as this problem came from the data we supplied. It might be also be good if Socio could remove redundant spaces in data? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey Jenni! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. We wish we could put one of our funny GIFs here to help us say thanks, but instead, this emoji will have to do.🤩

We thrive off of feedback, and yours was excellent! Rest assured that it has been given to the product team to review and improve. One thing that is already in the works (and coming very soon) is major improvements to our Sponsors' features. It also looks like you have heard the good word about our new metrics. Can't wait for you to try them at your next event!

We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you!

Director of Operations
What do you like best?

Socio was super user friendly on both the front end and the back end. All of our users only had good things to say about the platform post our event. There's a lot of great features that are easily customizable to meet your branding needs. The introduction of their partnership with streamyard to allow embedded live streaming was one of the main reasons we chose socio and was very easy to use with lots of great features as well. Socio has a great support team that is quick to respond and resolve any issues that might arise. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I think when we went into discussion and pitch of why we should use socio we were led to believe that they had their own functionality for breakout rooms or small group conversations similar to what Zoom offers. However, you have to use a free third party program called Wonder.me. Wonder.me is a fairly new program with a lot of potential but there is also a lot to be desired about the program and lacked some admin functions to make it more user friendly. The only con in regards to the live streaming function is that speakers couldn't directly respond to chats coming in via the chat. I also wished there was a way to revoke chat privileges for individuals rather than removing them from the entire program. The other piece that I would add to my wishlist would some sort of email integration reminding users to claim their accounts rather than having to export a list and send a reminder from my personal email. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Being able to host our largest virtual conference with little complications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hi Samuel! It's wonderful to hear that you and your users enjoyed the platform. We thrive off of feedback as well, so rest assured that yours has been given to the Product Team.

We are actually releasing some really big and exciting features in the coming months. One of those is the video chat breakout rooms you mentioned, so be on the lookout for updates soon!

Senior Program Manager
What do you like best?

This product was very user-friendly, from both the standpoint of me building out the platform as well as for the attendees of my virtual event. Their tech support is also amazing. They were always quick to respond and had great personalities. Of the multiple virtual event platforms I used in 2020, they were easily my favorite. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an ability to have longer pre-recorded videos uploaded to Socio Stream. As of Dec. 2020 it was only around 10 minute video allowance but that may have changed by now. I also wish there was a way for me to moderate more as an admin. If someone said anything inappropriate in the chat for example, I wasn't able to remove the comment. I had to completely remove the person from the event in order to remove their comment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With in-person events being in a state of limbo, Socio allows me to build a virtual experience that is both efficient and user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey Jason! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are flattered to earn the coveted 'favorite' spot. 😄

Feedback is incredibly important to us, so rest assured that yours has been given to the Product Team. Currently, we are working on longer video uploads and many more exciting video updates. Live streaming enhancements, breakout rooms, and 1:1 meetings are all in the very near future. 🔮

Business Support Specialist
What do you like best?

We really enjoyed the variety in ways for our attendees to participate and engage with the event. This was one of the reasons we chose the Socio platform and I continue to receive positive feedback about how much fun they had competing in the event game. The platform was super user-friendly. The range of skill from our attendees was vast and there weren't any issues with people logging on or viewing the event. It did require a little bit of instruction which is to be expected with a new platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I had a few issues with the Socio Studio which was a little disappointing because of the add-on cost. I feel there could have been more guidance for the features offered as I had not ended up using a few features that could have made my event run smoother. Now that I know about them, it would be easy to implement but unfortunately the event is already over. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's important to know what you're looking to get from an event platform before looking. Socio ticked all the boxes for features we wanted for our event, but that may not be the same case for everyone. I do recognize that they are continually growing and improving so it's always worth asking the question if you don't see something you're looking for! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I think that one of the best benefit the Socio team has is their Support Team. They are EXCELLENT. They helped me on numerous occasions and always had the answers to my questions. We had run into an issue with the Event Game being blocked on our company network because it is technically a game. Working with the support team and our IT department resulted in fixing the issue before the event started. This was a great problem solving example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey there, Paula! Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are delighted to hear that your attendees enjoyed the platform and found it easy to use. Your feedback is incredibly helpful as well and has been given to the Customer Team to review.

Market Development & Event Manager
What do you like best?

The platform is easy to use. It might be because I am a 22 year old with a lot of prior knowledge in computers although, the on-boarding videos make a great step-by-step walkthrough of the whole event platform. I would also like to add that the customer support team is phenomenal. They are actively responsive within a 2-5minutes and have properly answered my questions. Micah, James, Brandon, and others have made my experience on the event platform easier. The event platform is very clean, and customizable which was a great factor of why we went with Socio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much dislike in the platform. After reflection, the only feature that comes to mind is on the Registration module. We need to "Publish Event" before adding the checkout form information or promo codes which felt weird to me. I did voice my concern and I hope that they will be able to amend the feature or change the wording for users that are not as computer friendly as me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the live chat option! It has made my life 100% less complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our company wanted to create an insightful user conference for all of customers and prospects. We felt it would be valuable to have our community engage with themselves and also have training sessions where they will learn more about our product. (Product is a software). I wish they had more office hours where we could speak one-on-one with a customer support representative other than on the chat. Sometimes it would be easier to discuss over Zoom/Phone over the chat box. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey Carl! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your review and for the special shoutouts. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to the Support Team. 😄

The Socio Team loves feedback, so rest assured that we have passed your registration suggestion on to our Product Team. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed everything else on the platform!

Event Director
What do you like best?

Socio is a great way to make your virtual event more interactive. It really helped people not feel like they were just watching another webinar. It was really helpful to have all of the event hosted in one place and all of the different features together on one platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It is pretty expensive. It would be difficult for us to use Socio for our event year after year while keeping the price point we want to offer since most of our attendees are college students. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We wanted a place to host a live broadcast, but in a way that was fun and interactive. It definitely helped us do that! We really like that we could link to other things like zoom breakouts, websites, resources, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hello Chelsea! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear our platform was able to allow for more attendee enjoyment and interaction. Additionally, we have passed along your feedback regarding pricing to our Sales team.

We appreciate all the hard work you put into your events and thank you for choosing Socio.🧡

What do you like best?

The customer services was by far the best asset for Socio. They were there every step of the way through the planning process to the actual conference. We had dedicated representatives that helped with training presenters, exhibitors and staff working the conference; they helped brainstorm ideas for advertising, planning, and creating community feel in a virtual environment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There were no downsides, but what helped least would have to be the switching between our dedicated representatives; this caused some confusion on my end but it was never an issue and never caused any undue stress. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had to move to a virtual conference for the first time. Actually, it started out as hybrid and as we got closer realized that it would need to be completely virtual due to the pandemic. What we realized is that having a virtual aspect is incredible to reach those unable to travel due to financial restrictions, time constraints or other factor; it also allows for attendees to experience all of the conference as they are able to go back and watch recorded sessions that were occuring at the same time as the one they attended live. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Angela! We’re so glad to hear your feedback and happy to have been with you every step of the way.

What do you like best?

The virtual wall, the ability to make networking connections/send messages, plus the event game allowed us to interact and engage with attendees even though our event was virtual. The ability to brand the app by choosing colors, graphics, etc. made it feel like a "virtual venue" that attendees were joining, rather than just a video stream. Event sponsors really appreciated their sponsor profiles where attendees could read about the sponsor, visit their website, and follow up directly with them. The administrator end of the app was super intuitive - setting everything up was very easy. Anytime I had questions Socio's support team could be reached via chat almost immediately, and they were always able to help me out. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

When I initially used the software for events in October of 2020, I had a few technical issues with people not being able to log in to our app, even though they were all set up correctly. However, they must have fixed this bug because when I used the software for an event in December 2020 I had zero issues with that. (Also the Socio support team fixed the issue for each attendee with login issues in October, it was just cumbersome to deal with on event week.) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am really glad I chose Socio as our virtual events platform this year. I've used it for 3 events, and received positive feedback from attendees each time. It made our virtual events feel like actual experiences, which was exactly what we were trying to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Becky! So happy to hear about the high level of attendee engagement you were able to achieve at your virtual event. We apologize for the tech issues that arose in October and are glad to hear that those issues did not appear for your December event.

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 🎉

AP
What do you like best?

Socio allowed us to incorporate the organic attendee engagement we have at our live events. Each feature and functionality is very carefully thought out. The support is also unlike anything I've experienced. The team is fun to interact with, quick to respond, and thorough. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

For me, there are just two things that could be improved. Everything else is already being worked on or the improvements have already been rolled out. It'd be nice if the Wall feature populated posts faster. I'm not sure if you can tag people yet, but that would be a great feature to add if it's not there already. Also, for messages, it'd be so much easier if you could type in the person's name instead of scrolling through your connections or going into the attendees feature to find them and message through there. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

With Socio, our event isn't just another Zoom, Skype, Hangout, etc. It's an actual virtual event. We use the Wall as a Discussion Board, and it's been more lively than our social walls. Using Socio, our virtual event is more unique and allows for so much more interaction than a simple chat box. Additionally, we're able house our event materials/attendee resources in a much more dynamic and interactive way compared to putting them in Dropbox or a Google Drive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey there! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your review. That title is so good we may have to put it on a t-shirt.🤩

We are elated that you enjoyed our platform features and support team. Your suggestions to improve our Wall and Messaging features are fantastic and they will certainly be given to our product team. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 🧡

Marketing Specialist
What do you like best?

The Socio platform is incredibly intuitive, allowing you to be creative without the complexities and turn your vision for the event into reality. Everything within the platform ecosystem links very well together and it is very clear that there was lot of time thinking about how this platform would make our events better, both for the organizers and the attendees. Our attendees loved the ease of logging in and navigating the platform both on the desktop and mobile version.

In addition, the service that Socio offers is incredibly as they take the time to really help you make your event the best it can be. It is full of very talented individuals that truly go out of their way to make your event successful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would have liked to see a more robust reporting and analytics tool to review our event once it had finished, which I know that is something the Socio team is working on right now! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initially, when we invested in Socio, COVID-19 had not turned the events world upside down. So the initial problem we were solving was having a more engaging and useful tool to use during the conference. Having intuitive agendas, conference maps, live displays and more. However, if we didn't choose to make that move to want to have a more engaging platform we would not have been able to take our conference completely virtual in a matter of a few months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Diana! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your feedback. The title of your review is so good, we might have to put it on a t-shirt. 🧡

As you mentioned, more robust data and analytics is already on its way (start of Q1 2021)!

Pastor
What do you like best?

The level of on-line support from the Socio team is second to none. The product is rock solid and has been incredibly dependable. We've had no complaints or problems with the product. But the greatest value has been the support we receive from their on-line technical support team. It feels as if they are always available. Their answers are never cookie cut, but are very specific to our need. It never feels as though we are bothering them. Every question/request is meet cheerfully and answered thoroughly. It allows us to have great confidence in the product offering to our members. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The update feature for the content of the app is not a favorite. Some users are not very tech savvy and don't realize they need to update the content every now and then. Not a major issue, but every now and then it causes some confusion with less frequent users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product. But the online support will help you sleep at night. Anyone can have a great product, but it is only as good as those who stand behind it and are available to make sure it works for you. Socio excels in this area. Head and shoulders above others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our problem was keeping our church members updated on schedule activities, urgent needs (ie, Prayer Requests), and creating a sense of community by being able to share social information. It is also allowing us to keep demographic contact information updated real time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Cullen! We’re so glad to have you as part of the Socio family. Thank you so much for the feedback and shoutout to our support team. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 🎉

Director of Communications and Patient Engagement
What do you like best?

Socio was able to successfully pivot my employer's (Alport Syndrome Foundation, non-profit) August 2020 canceled in-person patient/medical professional gathering to an online platform which ultimately tripled our attendance and left our staff, event sponors, and most of all, the patient community, very happy. Socio allowed me to customize the virtual event, exactly as needed, and their live tech support ensured our weekend-long live virtual event had no issues whatsoever. It was so great knowing we were in the hands of professionals and we could focus on the imporant meeting content! Additionally, we now use the smartphone/web app I created with the Socio team to engage our community year-round! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

As Socio are complete professionals, they requested a "dress rehearsal" which we were not fully expecting (my colleagues and I were so focused on event day-only). However, they worked with our schedules last-minute to ensure the key presenters felt 100% prepared and recorded the tips video for those unable to join the rehearsal due to work commitments etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

In this digital age, managing multiple software platforms at once to put on a virtual event can be tricky. With Socio's new streaming and registration services, we are able to keep our community members engaged year-long with less software and much less hassle. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Kevin! Thank you so much for the feedback and congratulations on successfully pivoting your event! We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 😄

Media Services Director
What do you like best?

We love the ease of use and deployment. The support team is one of the best I have ever worked with. I can't say enough about them. I have used this program for many years and I appreciate the many new features and updates that they have been developing over the years. They are always moving forward and in a good and precise way. The platform is very reliable and easy for users to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only negative for me was the fact that the Socio app didn't work with my registration program. That is no longer an issue with the new release of the Registration feature in the software. Now this is a total solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We have been using Socio for a few years. We highly recommend this platform for any type of event. It is so flexible and easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have used Socio for in-person conference events, internal team building, and also marketing/brand awareness. The app connects our users and attendees and allows us to provide a fun, informative experience for our events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Maria! Thank you so much for the feedback. We’re glad to hear about the ease of use and deployment of the Socio platform.

Rehab LPN
What do you like best?

Socio allowed me to appeal to all levels of attendees, from those tech-savvy to tech-wary with different options. THe best part for me as a fundraising professional, is that it allowed me to do everything in ONE location. Want to listen to a speaker, click here. Want to check the silent auction, click here, want to chat, click here. And with all those clicks the attendees didn't get lost in the wonderful world of internet twists and turns, they were all still in my event! I loved that I could offer levels of engagement to my sponsors and let them feel connected and a part of developing their involvement in the event. My attendees loved the scavenger hunt! I also appreciated how easy it was to make changes on the fly and add things as I learned speakers or attendees needed something. The announcements allowed me to send info as needed to everyone or a select few. This is a terrifically well thought out platform that makes a planners job easier! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

While some people loved the Scavenger Hunt, a few had trouble figuring it out. We also ran into trouble with Zoom but that was out of the control, or fault, of Socio. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it! You will constantly think of new ways to use it. My biggest regret is that I didn't use it sooner! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are all webinar-ed out. My non-profit events are about making connections with the attendees and Socio allows me to do that and not just talk at people. The interactive nature of app allowed my attendees to connect with each other and my staff to engage with the attendees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Teri! Thank you so much for the feedback and we’re happy to hear we made your job easier! We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 🎊

Sr. Manager, Events and Trade Shows
What do you like best?

Features, customer service, easy to use - making updates/changes to the event after the initial buildout was very easy to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

First time buildout seemed daunting - but other than that, everything was fantastic. No complaints. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I attended 10+ different company demos of other event platforms and this was hands-down the one for us. From communications/responsiveness to pricing to tool features - Socio was the standout. Now having done our first 2-day conference, the entire experience was terrific. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to hold very engaging and fun virtual events since we cannot safely meet in person right now. It definitely helps people feel connected and has so many fun elements that it delighted and surprised our attendees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey Julie! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience from beginning to end. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 🧡

Assistant Executive Director
What do you like best?

The ability to have presentations with chat/Q&A/polls that looked very professional and the ability to engage with attendees through the integration of the wonder.me rooms. Using Socio was the next best option than an in-person conference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to see the onboarding/training a little more built out. Tyler was there to assist when we had questions, however, it was very much trial and error on our part. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our conference is usually in-person which we couldn't do this year due to COVID19, so using this software created the ability for us to still share information through the live-streaming portion, but then really the engagement and networking opportunity that our attendees had in the wonder.me rooms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey Michele! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have certainly passed your feedback to our Customer Team so they can look at improvements for the onboarding process.

Missing the opportunity to meet in-person has been tough for everyone, but we're glad we could make the transition to virtual easy and engaging. Don't forget about us when you do start physically meeting again! We are built to help you optimize your event's success whether it's virtual, hybrid, or in-person.

Marketing Director
What do you like best?

Socio is very easy to use and has been very reliable. They have good support as well. I like that they allow you to use whatever video streaming service you desire, while providing a clean and organized interface for conference attendees to interact with. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if videos could play within the interface. We had sponsors who had videos, and it would have been nice to add them to their sponsor profiles and have them playable within the app. Also, networking features where attendees can talk to other attendees are only available in the phone app. It would be much better if this was available in the web app as well, as many of our target market are businesses and people are less willing to use their personal phones. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to quickly put some of our conferences virtual. We needed something affordable, reliable, and easy to use quickly. Socio was this for us. Using Zoom as the actual streaming service was cost effective and easy since we were already familiar with the functionality. Socio made us look "put together" and professional and provided value to our sponsors who were very nervous about the switch to virtual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Crystal!

Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestion for video within the interface. We’ve passed this feedback on to our team. As for the networking features, we now have these available within the web app too!

We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 👍

Senior Director of Meetings and Member Services
What do you like best?

The platform is easy to administer and easy for attendees to navigate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reporting/analytics could be improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would (and have) recommended Socio to many event planning colleagues. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Socio was previously our mobile app so when we turned to virtual meetings - we turned to Socio. They were able to adapt their product to meet our needs. Since members were familiar with the look and feel of the platform it was an easy transition. Being able to switch to virtual so quickly allowed us to produce planned meetings - this in turn kept the Association relevant to the members and added to our much needed revenue stream. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hey Michelle! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review.

The greatest form of flattery is referrals, and we are delighted that you trust us enough to take care of those within your professional network.🧡 We are also happy to say that we have come out with some amazing new event metrics. Excited for you to check them out at your next event!

See how Socio improved
What do you like best?

The platform is very intuitive for participants and for organizers, it is very easy to use and versatile, which allows us to have any type of event in Socio's platform. The features are adaptable so you are not limited to use for one thing only. You can build a scientific conference or a fair, no matter the size. I've been hearing from participants that the experience is very good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The reports could be more complete with information about attendance in each session, for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a complete platform that allows to give possibilities to your client, Socio is the platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

All our in-person events had pivoted to virtual and Socio has been achieving our expectations as organizers, by making our job easier and enhancing our participants and exhibitors experiences. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Nina Dermody of Socio

Hi Ariadne! Thank you so much for submitting your review. We’re so glad that the platform is easy to use and intuitive for you.

Graphic Designer
What do you like best?

The customer service from beginning to end has been amazing. They are very responsive in emails and the chat feature. The back end is also very easy to use and customizable, our attendees are loving the app! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There was a minor issue with using Zoom in the app but Socio figured out an easy work around and the users don't even notice a difference. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are doing our national conferences completely virtual right now and Socio has had everything we need/want to make that happen easily and for a reasonable price! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Lizzie Brown of Socio

Hi Kayleigh! Thank you for your very complimentary review. We are elated to hear that the Customer Team was able to take care of you so well and even help with the Zoom hiccup. We appreciate all the work you put into your events and we look forward to continuing to work with you. 🧡

AI
What do you like best?

Socio's conference app software checked all our required boxes, and came out on top of an exhaustive search for both our 2019 and 2020 conferences (the later of which had to be cancelled). It was easy for users to use, was able to integrate well with our other systems. I also like that their team is easy to work with, and the admin panel gives us lots of control over configuring things ourselves.

We are now looking to use their virtual conference platform for our event next March. The things we liked best there were their implementation of the live video sessions and the networking opportunities for attendees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We aren't big fans of the sponsor and exhibitor listings, as they only allow small, square logos, and the listings are functional, but much less fancy than what I've seen in other conference apps and virtual conference platforms. We were also disappointed that their video solution doesn't currently support live captioning. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Every conference has different requirements, so make sure you first figure out what features are most important to you before embarking on a platform search. For our use case though, Socio has consistently beaten out the other competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Initially Socio met our need for a conference app in 2019, and we were scheduled to use it again in 2020 until we had to cancel that conference. Compared to the 20+ other options we demoed, Socio best met our requirements, with a focus on ease of use, good networking, and being a helpful tool to navigate our agenda and conference.

For our 2021 conference, we were looking instead for a virtual conference platform. After reviewing dozens of different options for that, Socio again stood out due to it's excellent video solution for sessions and keynotes, and for the way their platform should allow some really good networking opportunities for our attendees. They also still met all our other requirements, and while their virtual exhibit hall was a bit lacking compared to what we'd seen elsewhere, our focus on making sure our attendees' experience is the best it could be made them the right choice for us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.