Plum Reviews & Product Details

Plum Overview

What is Plum?

Plum helps purpose-driven leaders future-proof their businesses by quantifying human potential. Plum maps the transferrable nature of innate talents like adaptability, innovation, and communication to opportunities where employees will thrive at every step in their journey. From hiring, workforce planning and re-org, to employee development, emerging leader identification, and beyond, Plum’s Talent Resilience Platform enables companies to design an unbiased and transparent talent strategy at scale. Product Description: Plum gives every employee or candidate a personalized and accurate view of their innate talents while helping leaders take an unbiased, transparent approach to mapping talent to the best available opportunities. Plum’s talent assessment provides a universal talent language that is backed by scientifically proven I/O psychology. One Platform. Countless Outcomes. The Plum Talent Resilience Platform applies speed, accuracy and fairness to multiple strategic talent initiatives including: 1. Talent Acquisition - Accurately predict where talent will thrive in your organization. 2. Workforce Re-Org - Realign and redesign organizational structure and map talent to new business strategies. 3. Workforce Planning - Move talent into new roles to keep pace with future workforce needs. 4. Emerging Leaders - Improve the experience for high-potentials and build a stronger leadership pipeline. 5. Succession Planning - Invest in a diverse pool of leaders and prepare them to step into their new roles. 6. Employee Development - Provide accurate self-insight that inspires employee driven development. 7. Team Building and Insights - Enable team building efforts that increase positive outcomes including improved trust, communication, collaboration and performance.

Plum Details
Discussions
Plum Community
German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional)

Plum provides organizations with the data they need to make predictive talent decisions with the power of AI and Industrial/Organizational Psychology. By measuring talents such as adaptability, innovation, and communication, Plum enables enterprise organizations to generate and analyze predictive talent data. Plum quantifies human potential at every stage of the employee journey — predicting successful hires, and informing professional development, strategic workforce planning, and emerging leader capability.

The Plum difference can be summarized as:

Accuracy:

Plum’s Discovery Survey is designed to remove bias and reveal innate talents. The 10 Plum Talents are 4X more accurate at predicting how successful a person will be than hard skills, knowledge, and previous roles alone.
Potential:

Plum Profiles quantify human potential giving leaders a metric that stays relevant in the face of changing business climates. Instead of looking backwards at resumes and past experience, we help talent leaders future proof their talent acquisition and talent management decision criteria.

Collaboration:

Plum Match Criteria enables leaders to prioritize the talents that drive success in a role. Plum talent mapping allows organizations to align the potential of the workforce to available opportunities while simultaneously showing individuals where their unique talents will thrive.

Plum.io

Already have Plum?
Operating Partner
Plum
AC
What do you like best?

The fact that the hiring team sets individual match criteria. Also that it gives candidates a detailed overview of their results so that they get something out of the assessment as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to pull a report of the candidates results. While the SSO is convenient, some hiring managers at certain levels cannot/reuse to take the time to sign in and search per candidates name. I like for managers to be able to have a PDF of the candidates resume and any assessment the candidate has completed during their interview so that the hiring manager can reference these items with ease. I attach these PDF's in the email invitation for their convenience and would like to be able to have a downloadable PDF of the candidates Plum results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Eliminating candidates that do not have the core required talents up-front. Also being able to ask more focused questions during the interview to fully assess their skills. Time is being saved and interviews are more effective. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The Match Criteria we use (Innovation, Persuasion, Adaptation, Decision making, Conflict Resolution) and the detailed analysis of each competency Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that comes to mind. It's really a good tool for assessments Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have worked with various assessment tools over the years, and I must say that Plum is really among the best. Easy to use, and great analytics. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use the tool for our clients to assess their employees on their Intrapreneurship skills, helping to identify Intrapreneurs in their organizations Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assistante stratège en publicité numérique
What do you like best?

I really liked the part when you had a bunch of words displayed and had to choose 3 that desbriced you best and 3 that described you the least. This was challenging for me, cause I felt like sometimes, no words were fitting my personnality.

There was another one, practically the same, but with sentences. I really liked that one too.

In the final step, where we see which type of person we are, I liked that it was pretty accurate. Great job for this! If I were an employer, I would use it to work on my way of treating everyone differently.

I also really liked the fact that the interface is quite nice, pretty and fun to use. It's a good idea to have separated Top Talents, Work Style and Work Preferences. It helps us.

I also like the fact that once you have done the test, you can go back to your profile and still see your results. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The first types of questions, with the puzzles and the logical sequences were really hard for me to do. I think I stayed on these question for almost half of the time I spent on the test. I felt like I was wrong each time I sent my answer. I hope there was no good or right answer!

Even though I didn't like that part, I would not take it out of the test.

You just have to be careful on how you use the results of the test. You can't use the results blindly, you have to make sure that they are accurate with everyone.

I don't know if I can say this is a dislike, but I don't see a place were we can to the test again, like after a year. I would like that option to see if my personnality as changed over a year for example. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's really interesting to take a look at the results after doing the test. Some things are right, some things are wrong. I think it's a good tool to have a bigger picture of employees.

Advice : I would use it for that, to picture what type of employees I have and to make sure I treat them accordingly.

As I said earlier, I don't know if this is available, but it would be great if there was a way to do the test in a year or so, to see if our personalities have changed. I think it would be a great way to see our evolution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We (employees) only used plum to do the test, this test was then sent to our employers. Our employers will use it to track our strength and weaknesses. They will use it to see were in the business we should be. We are currently in the process of dividing jobs between employees, so the plum test is quite helpful to them.

We used plum to see differences between people in our workplace. Which person is best suited for different kinds of jobs.

For now, we didn't get any news on how our employers really used the results. They are suppose to come back to us soon with it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Plum does offer a great accurate insight in terms of the candidate's real motivation and attitudes for a specific role. It allows me as a hiring manager to set quantitative benchmarks for comparing several applicants as opposed to the typical gut feeling from choosing one or another Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer to have more visibility about how the success criteria are built after inviting other collaborators to a specific role. I found that people within the organization with different roles have a completely different criteria for a role than the hiring manager and this could potentially skew the results that I'm looking for as the main responsible for the new hire Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fair comparison in terms of candidates skills and attitudes - This fills in the gap from the information I receive in a CV

Centralized dashboard for all applicants - I save time not having to check other platforms when looking for this information

Quick filter through those applicants that are not entirely sure whether the role motivates them or not Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really love The experience and insights; I enjoyed reading my “profile”: I find some points be 100% about me. Overall the test was engaging and rewarding. I find the IQ part as my favorite. My issue was with finding a way to implement the insight part. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I am not sure how to use it for the career development. The insights were too broad to be actionable. While reading I was thinking about horoscope: like wow it is like me but it also looks like mumbo-jumbo. I would love to see guidance or case studies how to use insights Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The process is very straightforward; users clearly understand what and why they need to perform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Not sure I got something back from it. My hr team didn’t follow up. But that is understandable... there is the COVID 19 with more important and immediate issues. However I shared with the direct manager. She liked it. I will try to leverage findings for the goal setting next year (personal development) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Sydney Rohr of Plum

Thank you for your review, it is great to see that your Plum Profile stands out and resonates with you. We wrote an entire blog post on using your Plum Talents for career development "A Team Building Trend You Haven't Heard Of", where your HR Team can unlock Plum Talent Guides which shows all of your top 10 talents and ranks them in order by how likely you are to excel at each talent at work. Also offering a breakdown of the competencies that make up each talent. It also includes which behaviours come most naturally to you, and which behaviours require more energy or coping strategies.

See how Plum improved
UW
What do you like best?

It doesn't take too long to complete, so it doesn't discourage people from doing it. Some other companies I have worked at use an assessment tool that takes almost an hour and I find people give up before completing assessments that long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I don't find it to be the best indicator of someone's suitability. I have seen people score around 65, but their resume shows that they have many years of valuable experience in our industry. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use Plum as a help in hiring, but also review resumes. Sometimes qualified candidates score low. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're weeding out the severely unqualified or those too lazy to do 20min worth of work. I’ve had a few applicants that claimed these assessments are rigged against the older generation and refused to invest time into completing it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is a very focused and methodical platform. By targeting specific qualities, it is able to realize the exact firm requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the questions can be confusing and as a person providing feedback, I felt I was contradictory at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The software is different from the regular market questionnaires. It creates a very focused platform to hire new talent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are trying to find the next generation of wealth advisors that have the skills to be successful as me. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Valuable information. Gives you a great base to work from. Saves time sifting through resumes for qualified individuals. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

In our organization it takes away from the in person evaluations. Some candidates may get missed based on the roles we require. While we all want top end performers - some times we just need a career warehouse person. They will not test well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Able to get to quality candidates quicker Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The simplicity of Plum makes it a valuable hiring tool Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The analysis of the profiles can be at times difficult to interprete, and will at times diverge from what we identify when we meet the hires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plum gives us a better view of the potential candidates and allows us to pinpoint more accurately where we need to drill down when talking with the individual. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The quick responses by the team. I always receive quick feedback when I reach out to the team. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Candidates not receiving multiple reminders to take plum. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Plum has been great for our team. It is effective in evaluating candidates to ensure we get the right fit for our roles. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We filter out candidates thus we are able to review the CVs critically. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Easy to use regardless of your computer knowledge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Who knows how accurate the metrics are. They look pretty, but are they a good indicator of thigns? Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ensure you read resumes and not just plum profile results Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hiring qualified people and weeding out unqualified Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Insightful questions and AI driven platform Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Minimal downsides, sometimes difficult to get enough colleagues to participate Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are using Plum to help us determine fit within different groups at our firm. We have noticed the candidates meet the criteria we are looking for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

US
What do you like best?

I filled out my Plum profile and it was super insightful - and accurate! I really got to know my strengths, my preferred working styles, and what type of roles/environments that I would thrive in. I think sharing these profiles with my team could be really insightful.

I have also used Plum with one of our clients in their recruitment process. You can compare your top performers to candidates applying to a job on the same team to find the right fit. Plum helps to find top talent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all - I was really just amazed how accurate my profile was. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ensuring that the right fit is hired on teams. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

They are super efficient, the plateform is easy to use and when you need help you get a fast answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

You can't switch matching criteria from a PLUM to another one. You always have to contact the support team. Also, the plateform as some issue. Sometimes some item does not work and you have to reboot your network. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

None Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

The system is very easy to use and support from our rep has been exceptional. Anytime I need assistance our rep responds timely and thoroughly. We've found great success weeding out applicants who do not meet our performance needs. The performance reviews sent out to managers after the applicant is extremely helpful and we've seen a 97% successful hiring rate. The system has recently been upgraded to Ultraviolet and has helped managers navigate the site more easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish I could search for applicants across all jobs, not just by searching through each job individually. In Ultraviolet, I'm unable to resend manager invitations to a role like I used to in the Classic site. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure all stakeholders are a part of the process from set-up, match criteria survey, going over the trait results, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Hiring better candidates to fit our roles, reduce time spent sifting through candidates, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Financial Reporting Associate
What do you like best?

It is easy to use and understand. It helps in the recruitment process. Multiple users able to create assessment criteria. Easy for the candidate to use. Gives the candidate a small report for completing. Another tool to assess culture fit within our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have another section or custom sections for different stages of the interview process rather than just "shortlisted" and "hired"... Many candidates go through several stages of the interview and sometimes want to keep track of that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Hiring not only the most qualified candidates, but also being able to choose those most similar to our current rockstar team. I would recommend it to others! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assessing cultural fit for the candidates, Screening of new candidates and their potential skills, knowledge and abiity Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Analyst / Project Manager / Engagement Manager
Management Consulting
What do you like best?

Results are genuinely helpful in assessing strengths and weaknesses of potential hires.

Based on the Big Five personality traits, I have a high degree of confidence in the validity of the results.

The additional hurdle of completing the survey effectively filters out unqualified applicants.

Customer support is excellent -- they are very open to sharing additional information and spending time with you to ensure you understand what you need to know. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see how employees rate on all 10 talents as opposed to just the top 5 that are used for scoring.

The methodology used for scoring should be a bit more transparent so that swings in results can be explained more easily. How is each of the top 5 criteria weighted? Do the bottom 5 influence the score at all? How do you aggregate each team member's match criteria to arrive at a single score? Is it done at the talent or sub-talent, or sub-sub-talent level?

I would like a deeper problem-solving/IQ section, and for that section to be timed.

It would be amazing if Plum implemented more ATS system functionality. As it stands, we still have to use a spreadsheet to manage and review candidates alongside their system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

More confidence in selecting quality candidates. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

I really like how clearly the characteristics are framed. It's easy to understand the difference between options and they really round out the possible set of traits you're looking for as a hiring manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes found it difficult to name traits that are truly low priority, though it did make me think critically about what mattered most in the role! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think it's a very worthwhile tool for anyone sorting through large volumes of candidates as a hiring manager. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We receive hundreds of applications for every role - Plum helps us short-cut on some of the key traits we want to filter for. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder - President - Buffalo Hunter
What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use the plum interface to screen applicants. We're getting so many requests a day, it's easy to quickly screen them for fit Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The old user interface was clunky, but they've released a new one that is much easier to understand. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

A lot of personality profiles are expensive to run for every applicant. Plum makes it easy to screen everyone first and then go through the interviewing process Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UA
What do you like best?

Plum's survey helped my company identify candidates that best fit the need for the position i am looking to fill. It has allowed me to quickly rank candidates then easily review their resume and cover letter without taking up too much of mine time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The questionnaire that candidates fill out seem to be too complex and might make top candidates not apply to the job. I agree with the ranking of task/characteristics for that position but not identifying the next item in the pattern. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Allowing the hiring manager to contact candidates right through plum . Also, allowing the hiring manager to review what the candidates see if the survey to determine if that is required for that role. Finally, with all resumes, develop a dashboard of keep attributes for each candiate by having plum scan/read their resume (i.e. average number of years experience, location, schooling, skills) to give the hiring manager a quick review of if the right candiate pool has been selected or if they should keep the job posting up longer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This allows me more time in my day to focus on higher value items. Plum keeps all candidates resumes in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director, DTC Sales, ME to WE
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

I was able to send the survey out to my top performers from over the years and identify their personality traits that made them successful at their jobs. This also helped the mgmt team eliminate biases and really defined who our ideal candidate is. I have personally hired 7 staff members over the past year using Plum and their success in integrating into the team and ability to flatten the learning curve has been noteworthy. As a result of which, we have now upgraded to Plum Ultraviolet! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The results were static and inconvenient to breakdown, compare and play with. Eg. John scored x on industriousness - how does his industriousness compare to others? Sure one can go in and our of each profile to compare this from one candidate to another but an ability to filter and compare strengths would be helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Strongly recommend this product. My department was chosen to pilot Plum's implementation and success and the results have made a compelling case to roll this out to the rest of the organization. I honestly cant imagine how I even hired before this! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have a strong understanding on who my ideal candidate is based on empirical data. The interview guide also helps flush this out more.

Having a better understanding of the new hire's personality also helps guide what training/coaching tools will be most effective and sets expectations for the degree of support that will be required and how that will be received in turn. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I like that Plum asses a variety of candidate qualities and provides a single metric for recruiters to use to make decisions. I also like that Plum assists with reducing bias in the hiring process by reducing the importance of a CV/resume review. It also saves us time for recruiters by providing an initial screening phase so we are having to review less CVs! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish that Plum provide more guidance for how individual sub-scores can be used to drive hiring decisions. I also wish there were more support on how scores can be analyzed for applicants outside of North America/Europe (to have a better understanding of how things like English fluency and cultural context play in to scores). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plum saves recruiter time. It helps with efforts to reduce bias in the hiring process. It also helps recruiters make more confident recommendations to hiring managers about what to seek in an applicant. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Plum provides intelligent insights to candidates prior to the interview phase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the questions can be quite polarizing and we've heard from candidates it made them overthink the process of completing the assessment. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Plum allows us to ensure a lower rate of turnover and a better match with company values. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of Plum

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate product feedback from talent experts such as yourself to make Plum the best it can be.

I just wanted to take a quick second to address your comment: “Some of the questions can be quite polarizing and we’ve heard from candidates it made them overthink the process of completing the assessment.” Hope I can add some clarity here!

Sounds like you’re referring to the personality section of the assessment. The “polarizing” nature of the questions is actually very intentional – the methodology we use here is called forced-choice. We use forced-choice because Industrial/Organizational Psychology research has uncovered that it is a valid way to assess personality while reducing response distortion (i.e., faking of responses). Reducing faking is necessary, especially in the context of using Plum for recruitment, where applicants are often motivated to inflate their responses.

We also believe it’s valuable to have test-takers deliberately think about their responses, rather than rushing through the assessment. After all, it’s in the best interests of both you as the employer and the applicant to understand right from the get-go if the role will be a good fit for them!

Hope that helps! I would be happy to answer any further questions you may have, or send you a copy of our technical manual. You can reach out to me at leann@plum.io.

Leann Schneider, PhD, Product Manager at Plum

Deputy Director of Global Corporate Operations
What do you like best?

Plum is so easy to use that you can't get lost or confused, and the results are immediate and actionable - it's been so helpful to us as we aim to slim down from hundreds of applications per job to a manageable and high-quality quantity .

You can also plug Plum into multiple other hiring softwares (eg. Greenhouse) and use it to improve your insights on hires as well as test for critical role criteria right at the start of your hiring process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I haven't experienced any real downsides to the Plum software yet - it's intuitive and works well as a standalone or a plug-in tool. No hesitations in recommending it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It's just so much easier to screen for great candidates who match a specific role's criteria. It's also an easy way for multiple members of a hiring team to have input into what makes for a great 'match' or hire. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Plum?