MSP360 Reviews & Product Details

MSP360 Overview

What is MSP360?

MSP360 is a leading cross-platform cloud backup and disaster recovery solution. MSP360 is integrated with major public cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform. MSP360 Backup comes with powerful, easy-to-use backup and disaster recovery capabilities, including file-level and image-based backups, disaster recovery to virtual machines in the cloud, data compression and military-grade encryption using customer-controlled keys. Customers can run MSP360 Backup on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. MSP360 also provides a turnkey, white-label data protection service to thousands of VARs and MSPs to help them build their brand in the cloud backup market. Since 2012, MSP360 has been an Amazon Web Services Advanced Technology Partner. MSP360 has also achieved Storage Competency Partner status in the AWS Partner Network. For more information please visit www.msp360.com. Follow us on Twitter at @msp360.

MSP360 Details
Discussions
MSP360 Community
German, English, French, Italian, Spanish

Cross-platform cloud backup software with file system, image-based backup with SQL Server, MS Exchange support, built for cloud storage: Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage,

- Flat pricing based on the number of issued licenses. Users do not pay CloudBerry Lab™ for the number of gigabytes transferred to their servers.
- CloudBerry Backup allows customers to use their own cloud storage accounts and change them as they wish. Users are not tight to the private and closed cloud storage and may choose any storage they want based on the quality of service and pricing
- CloudBerry Backup gives complete control over the data encryption. Only the users may know the encryption keys, making it impossible for any malefactors or CloudBerry Lab™ themselves to get access to the private data.

MSP360
2011
New York, NY
@msp360

MSP360 Screenshots

MSP360 Reviews

Showing 327 MSP360 reviews
Already have MSP360?
What do you like best?

I really like Explorer for S3 and Drive. Explorer gives a recognized user interface and simple movement of files. The same with Drive. The interface is intuitive, runs from PowerShell. It also has many cloud account capabilities, we use some and now I don't need different tools to access a multitude of locations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Cloud backup seems slow, it could be the limitations of my AWS VPC but backing up a laptop image, some 300GB is taking more than 24 hours. The OSx version of the remote desktop. I use a number of platforms in my workplace. I find I can only connect from a Mac, not to a Mac. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have storage management, backup or remote access needs CloudBerry Labs may have your answer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Having to acquaint laymen users to ANOTHER online storage solution. Quick and dirty file management and access. We are testing the products in production with the system admin in consideration for company-wide use. We are not an MSP but they will solve many issues for our small company. I can see the application in a number of situations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UF
What do you like best?

The MSP360 (cloudberry) interface is seamless to my S3 account which as a user, am already familiar with. The interface allows scalability to backup files with no to little limits needed with an independent cloud based software (users have an array of choices). The software is intuitive and user friendly. The software is clean, light on resources and notifies if users requires. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

So far, the upload speed is robust and does not display any issues in the 48 hours of use. License is based on a single computer and not a user with multiple workstations like desktops, laptops or mobile devices with an enterprise grade backup solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have knowledge of cloud backups, this interface allows users to have a backup of enterprise grade. Some knowledge is needed to configure but is worthwhile. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The benefits is reliability in front end to static storage. The scalability and reliability factor associated with S3 is a plus. The interface allows easy navigation and rapid deployment of backup. This gives piece of mind as the backend is associated with the number one cloud computing provider at time of writing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AW
What do you like best?

We particularly like the fact uploads/file transfers in MSP360's Backup Ultimate can be throttled so that bandwidth usage can be kept to desired levels, so as not to have too great an impact on production. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The "image-based" backup function within the application doesn't suit our needs, as it seems the full application must be installed on the machine needing to be backed up. Other solutions we have in place offer a small client which sits on machines and backups are performed from a main backup server, pulled from target machines. Despite that, we still enjoy Backup Ultimate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

MSP360 offers trials of their standalone applications. I suggest you try them out to see why they work as well as they do. We're using Backup Ultimate for a small function, but it has paid for itself in the time we've had it implemented. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We needed to upload large amounts of data throughout the day without impacting users and services within our network. MSP360's Backup Ultimate allowed us to do this much more efficiently than other products we tested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This platform provides great security to the database. It is excellent at recovering information after a disaster. Through the tools it provides a guaranteed multiplatform cloud backup capacity, it has very good integrations with Amazon Web services and Google Cloud Platform. We run CloudBerry without problems through our machines that contain Windows and Mac operating systems, it is also easy to use and configure. Its interface is organized. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have no complaints about the operation of the platform, however they should improve some things to obtain better performance, such as that in a single interface all servers can be managed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Cloudberry is an excellent option to solve a big problem such as the loss of information, data or files of both the company and the clients. Through this platform you can configure the backup schedule, manage backup plans. It is very fast, powerful and at the same time flexible, it also has multiplatform support, for Mac, Linux and Windows environments. It has really been of great help and gives us a lot of confidence and peace of mind, since we have the protection we needed for our database, we increase our performance because we do not have to be aware of the work it does. For this reason we recommend it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use cloudberry as a solution to back up our servers or workstations in the cloud. We are comfortable implementing this software since it works with any operating system. This helps us to restore files when they are deleted, in addition to the configuration of backup copies are quick and easy, we are calm since it runs at night without problems, in this way we can guarantee the protection of our files. Our work has been more fluid, without worries. We are happy with the great performance and the guarantee that this software gives us. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Simple to use interface, broad cloud integration. Creating a backup plan and adding cloud storage is extremely simple and easy to understand. The scheduling and block-level backups also make it very similar to enterprise-grade software. I am an SE Manager at an Enterprise Backup company and from a feature comparison Cloudberry holds up very well to most offerings in that space. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes having to create a restore "plan" when you just want to restore a file seems cumbersome and non-intuitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed a product that would allow me to backup my ~1 TB of personal photos and documents while leveraging the economy of public cloud like Amazon Glacier and Backblaze. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I really like the wide variety of cloud backup options and the ability to take a full system image direct to cloud without needing a local disk backup first (unlike some other products I have tried).

I have around 5TB of data on my office PC and didn't want to spend the time or money on backing it all up to physical disks.

I backup the entire system to S3 compatible storage which allows me to keep backup costs low. Backups run flawlessly, email notifications give me the peace of mind that I know our data is backed up.

I'm fortunate enough to have decent bandwidth in my office which means my recovery time would be less than half a day to download and restore my data.

A great product which I would highly recommend. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's very little to dislike about MSP360 Backup - the UI looks a little date I suppose but it's functional, intuitive and gets the job done exactly as required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try the 90 day trial, see if it fits your needs. If it doesn't I'd be surprised as it has just about every feature I would want from backup software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MSP360 has allowed me to rest easily knowing my business data is securely backed up to the cloud. I have the peace of mind that I can recover my line of business data and applications within one working day and that I have to do very little to manage the solution other than check the email notifications and pay the storage bill! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CEO
What do you like best?

Easy to use and to install, but powerfull if you need it.

You can customize every single bit of your backup strategy.

If you can save your data on a different platform accessible only via a backup software and not via a os shell explorer you are pretty safe in case of a ransomware attack, specially if you save a daily incremental backup of your files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If you need to change a step of a plan you have to pass all the previous step in the wizard, there is no a combo to skip directly to the step you need. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use it to backup my laptop to the cloud. Integration with Azure is easy.

I've done three plans:

- for my daily activities

- for my source files (I'm a programmer)

- for my GIT files Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like that I can completely control which files to backup, when and how to back them up, and deposit the backups into my own cloud storage. I compared MSP360 coupled with CrashPlan, which is a Backup as a Service offering. By using MSP360 I found I would be saving money in under 6 months compared with CrashPlan, yet I had more control over what I could backup and, crucially, I had control over the backup and file retention. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The MSP website is a little confusing, so it's hard to identify and find the product that you need. Indeed, when I spoke to the MSP saleswoman, she pointed out I was testing the wrong product.

Once you do get the software, it could also hand-hold you a little bit more to set up your backups and storage. However, it only takes a short while to see how it's structured and it's pretty intuitive after that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am looking to backup a laptop and a NAS to cloud. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

It is the only software (among free and paid) that allows to create backups in any way you need - from and to cloud and even cloud to cloud backups, even if it's not widely advertised in its description.

The ability to encrypt anything on the go is perfect. I love the way it works - for example, if you choose SFTP as backup source, you can store encrypted files when you download them - this is absolutely fantastic. I'm using the trial for my personal needs, but there are also many business features like working with MS SQL Server, Azure, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

A bit complicated and unusual interface. You need to get used to the way backups are organized - you have to define all possible storage places before you start any backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I need to backup the following things:

1. SFTP to Local Machine

2. Local Machine to Cloud

3. Cloud to Local Machine

MSP360 allows to do backups in all these directions. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This backup software works superb, easy to setup, just sits in the back ground automatically updating your files and is not resource hungry. You don't even know it's doing it's job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I've been using this now for 2 weeks, I can't find anything I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer a free trail, try it and see if it works for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I never have to worry about backing up my data again. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

a good number of options and flexibility but simple to set up the basic backup Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

doesn't predict the likely time to complete the upload (several days for 500 GBytes!) Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

backup to cloud Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like the flexibility and the speed of the backup products from MSP (earlier Cloudberry). They have an entire range of products from desktop to servers and this means I don't have run from company to company for my requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not found any issues with their products till now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Desktop backups for my and clients' computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I use it on 3 computers (Windows and Linux). It's really easy to configure and use and has all the features you'd need for personal use - and more.

The support is very helpful and quick to respond. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Had a few smaller problems with restoring a Linux machine and when backing up to cloud over a VPN connection. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Local and cloud based backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I use MSP360 for backup to S3 storage hosted at Wasabi. The Windows backup service is running in background and uploads all changed files seamlessly. You have to set it up once and then does it job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The Linux version should have as many features as the windows client. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Msp360 is part of my backup strategy and I use it mainly for online backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I like how thorough the piece of software is. It's not cheap gimmick, but that's the downside, it can be complicated if you don't understand what you are looking at. I would still recommend it as I do to my entrepreneur friends because our lives and personal information is on these files. IF anything was to happen, it's important to have that backup. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It can be complicated. A more user friendly guide for basic users would be recommended. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Peace of mind if something happened to my computer, it's all backed up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AC
What do you like best?

I am an IT professional and have used many backup applications. I am using CloudBerry with my home user hat on to backup files on my desktop. I am very impressed with CloudBerry, it has an easy to use user interface, supports lots of cloud storage providers, encryption and compressions. I am using it with BACKBLAZE and the integration was very easy and the storage on BACKBLAZE is very cheap. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet fond anything I dislike about this product. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Making the combination of CloudBerry and BACKBLAZE a very good option to backup my home data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Hybrid backup gives you the ease of quick restoration from locally attached storage with a fallback to cloud-based archival services should the worst happen. This makes it trivial to restore accidental deletions/modification without incurring any fees. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Very little! The user interface is easy to navigate and configure. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

MSP360 is my preferred solution for cloud and local backup, replacing a collection of scripts and disconnected applications. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AR
What do you like best?

the program is simple and intuitive, easy to use.

It's a huge time saver Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing yet. I'll update the commentary if that's the case. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you would like to quickly consider purchasing this software Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

To be able to save my personal data in case of a material problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Assessment and Curriculum coordinator
What do you like best?

I work at a small school and I am not a trained techie. Realising that whilst having an on-site backup of the server protects us against data loss due to drive failure it doesn't protect us if the server is lost due to fire or theft. In looking for off-site backup options the choice was between managed and self managed. I tried the product on a home computer and installation / setup was straightforward. I was therefore confident to set it up on the school server. Again it was a straightforward instalation and setup. The daily backups with completion notifications has worked well as has being able to target specific folders for each user. After trialing and finding it straightforward we decided to miss out the middleman and self-manage the backup using this software. Encryption on upload. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only downside that I've found is that, as with other backup systems, including just copying files, there is a character limit on the filename and path. With some repeatedly nested folders this took the files over the limit so they would not backup. Simple workaround deployed and problem solved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Protection from the school losing significant, irreplaceable and important data due to loss of the on-site server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Software Developer Team Lead
What do you like best?

It's quite intuitive to go from installing the application (or a Docker container of it) to completing a backup.

You get a 14 day trial without any other limitations to make sure it works.

It is FAST (unlike Duplicati), and low memory usage (unlike CrashPlan).

Multiple schedules for different backup sets. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Docker container version of it has some pitfalls -- so if you are trying to use it in a container, DON'T -- they will not support it.

It's not free... but it's only so good because it's not free.

It's not open source. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Just try it before you buy it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Backing up my business and personal data (about 1TB+) was a cinch (to B2 and S3). I have gone through several other backup clients before choosing this.

I will save money and add more reliability on rolling my own cloud backup vs. relying on a third party backup service. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Co-Founder
What do you like best?

It's very reliable and can use its own notification server so you don't have to setup SMTP. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Its well priced and works great. No issues so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've tried various backup programs and nothing has been as reliable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UT
What do you like best?

Easy to get up and running. Was able to create a backup following instructions very quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Have not found anything I dislike yet. Very easy to get up and running. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I needed cloud backup for my home PC with granular control. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AI
What do you like best?

I like the independence this gives me, it means that I'm free to choose my storage provider rather than be stuck with one type of solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because it's highly flexible, the interface is perhaps a little complex which might put off non technical users. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use the free trial, give it a whirl. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've moved my backup solution to my own cloud provider, it's not only cheaper than a managed service, I can change provider at any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

Installation and configuration is pretty simple. Has the most supported options I have seen for tying it into whatever cloud storage option you might want to use. File based backups run fast and reliably. Development team responds to issues and updates with expected time to correct as they come up which is nice to see. Gradnfather-Father-Son (GFS) backups for data retention are on the horizon and will influence our further adoption for client backups. MSP re-branding is easy and the portal works well for monitoring backups across client servers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We have had good luck with file based backups performing as expected. We have had some issues with image based backups taking longer than expected. Something about the backup engine or block tracking seems to take much longer for incremental images versus other products used and tested in the past.

MSP360 doesn't have a solid grasp of what the MSP model is. Historically they have pushed everyone to purchase 1 year licenses with little flexibility in adding licenses during that time period leading to staggered expiration dates. After being pressured for many MSPs they then came out with monthly licenses at a substantial price increase. Their pricing tiers still do not allow for easy increase / decrease of licenses and commitments as needs change. They really need to review how other companies are handling this and completely change how they handle MSP licensing to be competitive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Offsite file based client backups for client servers Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.