CQ Engage

3.4

Nonpartisan insights and tools for those who lead, shape or follow public policy.

Work for CQ Engage?

Learning about CQ Engage?

CQ Engage Reviews

Ask CQ Engage a Question
Showing 10 CQ Engage reviews
Michael H.

"Social Advocacy Marketing Campaigns "

What do you like best?

Full functionality through twitter and Facebook allowing instant access to influencing members and contributors. Small ramp up in terms of implementation and operational. Able to mobilize new stipend legal support for AJG through educational marketing campaigns aimed to influence HB1 Visa legislation change. Exceptional follow up resources to target and segment users via e-mail and social mediums. Qualitative metrics for refining follow-up strategic marketing programs.

What do you dislike?

Freemium trial version wasn't satisfactory. Cost was substantially higher than alternative vendor applications. Customer support on the trial version was inactive and non responsive to direct requirements are internal team requested. Sales could have done a better job meeting our direct requirements through table analysis reviewing such buying variances such as specifications, budget, and time scope.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend other companies investing in this platform for the following reasons: Full functionality through twitter and Facebook allowing instant access to influencing members and contributors. Small ramp up in terms of implementation and operational. Able to perpetuate and mobilize new stipend legal support for AJG through educational marketing campaigns aimed to influence work visa legislation change. Exceptional follow up resources to target and segment users via e-mail and social mediums. Qualitative metrics for refining follow-up strategic marketing programs.

Advocacy marketing publications for the health and welfare markets for Fortune 500 clients.

Substantial follow-up marketing medium to educate and to influence outside support for company designed initiatives. Exceptional grass routes advocacy support campaign to influence and organize contributors for bottom line initiatives.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about CQ Engage
Lydia A.

"Powerful but complicated"

What do you like best?

CQ Roll Call is cool and potentially so powerful! It's really helpful and exciting to have all of Maryland's legislation available in a search feature and to quickly react to what is happening in the legislative session.

What do you dislike?

We have not found the platform intuitive at all. We have a hard time navigating CQ and building what we need to build. We also are never sure we're doing the right thing, and we definitely don't know how to use the system to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get someone who knows what they are doing to help you! Research the features before you dive in so you know your end goal.

Advocacy is one of our nonprofit's priorities and CQ Roll Call lets us actually take action and empower our community.

What Other Nonprofit solution do you use?

"Easy to navigate once you understand what everything is"

What do you like best?

Clean, direct, to the point. Once you've gotten the hang of it and where things go, it's really easy to swap data, create petitions or other engagement oriented campaigns, and categorize them accordingly. All I really have to do is copy and paste the content we wrote up into the appropriate text boxes - no need to fuss with HTML or other coding at all.

What do you dislike?

The categorization can be a little tedious - you need separate campaigns for every engagement that you create. I found it okay, but I can see how it can be clunky or eventually lead to a surplus of campaigns with no purpose behind them. Also, like the title of this review says, it was easy enough to understand where everything went - but only after I fiddled and drew up an unpublished engagement page with some lorem ipsum filler.

Trying to keep all our information in one place - CQ Engage keeps all of our supporters' information attached to each and every petition they sign, which makes it easy for us to differentiate where to target certain people and whether to leave them off other comms.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Rough Onboarding/Admin Experience"

What do you like best?

Product works. Engagements are effective (once you figure out how to set them up!)

What do you dislike?

The onboarding process to set up CQEngage was rough at best. We had little to no assistance, and the “help” videos aren’t very helpful. Much of what I know, I’ve gleaned from 10+ calls to the customer support team. Also, our account manager was very unattentive, only responding to a month-long issue after I called her out in a support ticket. Not impressed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have adequate training and a staff person dedicated to admin.

We use it to encourage our members to take action on public policy issues at the state level - and to track the actions they take in our database. (While CQE says it integrates with Salesforce, the jury’s still out on what that actually means.) The benefit so far is that we can at least track when our members act on an issue inside CQE. We haven’t known before we implemented CQE.

Elijah M.

"Perfect For non-profits"

What do you like best?

I love that this is marketed as an easy to use product. I work at a non-profit organization who uses this product and we love it!

What do you dislike?

Can't really seem to find much to dislike. It's an online program so folks who want to be involved that aren't exactly tech-friendly may have issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Maybe making tutorials for those who aren't very tech-friendly, or making it more appealing to those who aren't tech friendly.

Benefits are that when starting campaigns for our non-profit this is just easy to use for us and helps us accomplish our goals.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"CQRC Engage Review"

What do you like best?

CQRC Engage offers a lot - hosting a legislative action center/microsite, bill tracking tool, a means to help advocates send letters/do other calls to action to contact their officials, and more. The bill tracking tool was probably my favorite, because instead of only allowing the account user use it, it could be shared publicly too - most services only allow one user to access similar tools.

What do you dislike?

The Engage platform is dated - though this review only applies up to 2015 when I opted to drop the software. It tries to be simple, easy to set up and use, but still requires users to know some coding to build a legislative action center. The platform requires a lot more effort to customize it and put it together than what it should required compared to competitors. It doesn't understand html well when trying to build a microsite, it would often overwrite what was written and had limited functionality when integrating its widgets with other websites. For the price it was just too expensive and caused too many problems, it just wasn't a good fit for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Shop around for other competitors at the same price point, like Votility, VoterVoice, FiscalNote, etc.

We tried to use CQRC Engage to provide an legislative information and advocacy center to help clients advocate on issues we were acting on. It did a good job of providing information. Where it failed was the customization and user-friendly aspect of building and maintaining the site. The calls to action were not as easy/intuitive to build as other competitors make it, so it was more of a headache than anything else.

Bhavesh G.

"Great tool to engage members"

What do you like best?

I love its ability to engage the members and track legislation, all at the same place.

What do you dislike?

Its functionality could be a bit more user friendly. It Should be able to do all in one form and check the types of engagements that you like.

Team engagement, communication

UF
User in Fund-Raising

"Great for DC Advocacy Work"

What do you like best?

I like CQ Knowlegis the best because it allows me to look up a large list of contacts in congressional offices for sending advocacy letters.

I like the new website platform much better than the old version!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could have more training on how to navigate the website.

I can easily look up a federal or state bill for advocacy efforts to stay updated and track issues we work closely on.

AP
Administrator in Philanthropy

"Average digital advocacy solution "

What do you like best?

It is fairly easy to use and allows for federal, state and custom targeting.

What do you dislike?

There is no patch through asking feature and weak integrations with other system. Their API is not free.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It’s fine as long as you don’t want to run patch through calling campaigns.

Easier to reach advocates and to encourage action.

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Roll Call essential round-up for Hill staffers"

What do you like best?

Written by folks intimately familiar with Congressional members, procedures, calendars, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't love the prominent ads, but I prefer that rather than pay more.

Quickly getting up to speed.

Learning about CQ Engage?

* We monitor all CQ Engage reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.