Salsa CRM Reviews & Product Details

Salsa CRM Overview

What is Salsa CRM?

Salsa Labs is a leading provider of CRM, marketing automation, fundraising, and advocacy software for the nonprofit community. We are proud to be helping thousands of nonprofits engage and change the world every day! Salsa CRM, part of Salsa's SmartEngagement Technology, delivers strong constituent management functionality, rich donor profiles, sophisticated campaign dashboards and more. Our clients use Salsa CRM to track online and offline donations, manage direct mail campaigns, and identify potential major donors. Used with Salsa Engage, organizations have access to a complete marketing automation, fundraising, and advocacy platform built for today's nonprofits. Find out more about Salsa CRM at www.salsalabs.com

Salsa CRM Details

Salsa CRM is a cloud-based donor management system that provides fundraising, reporting, and management tools. Along with other tools such as database security and email marketing, Salsa CRM aims to help nonprofit organizations attract new donors, expand interaction with existing donors, and retain their constituents.

Salsa's SmartEngagement Technology provides a truly integrated system that combines strong donor management, fundraising, marketing automation, and advocacy functionality with built-in best practices and wrap-around support and education programs.

Salsa's smart ask amounts, dynamic ask strings, and more provide the tools that today's nonprofits need to take their fundraising to the next level. Our customizable dashboards and reports allow your staff to stay on top of what is most important to your organization.

Salsa Labs Inc.

Salsa CRM Reviews

Showing 88 Salsa CRM reviews
Already have Salsa CRM?
Store Manager
What do you like best?

Salsa CRM helps to run an organization with smooth inspection and helps to grow the features as the organization grows as well. This application helps to locate the donors and make sure that they become loyal within time and this application not only provides the authentic donation methods but, also helps to solve the management issues with great support. This application makes a good interaction between donors and donating methods. All things and strategies are cleared for the person who is donating and the donation method is very simple. Hence, we can also donate detail easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

This application can transform the old data and one would have to make a new account and detail for donating some other amount. So, there should be a single detail for all users and everyone will find this tool helpful in creating a single platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salsa CRM is the best communication tool for donors and donating organization. We are using this application for many years and we have come across its many versions that are upgraded to stabilize this tool. I must say this application is excellent in making datasheets for donors and they can see their donation detail and expenditure within this tool. That’s why I prefer this application in militating the funds and clients to promote the campaigning methods. The social ambiance of this application is very strong and donors approach easily any time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Wendy Levine of Salsa CRM

Thank you so much for your feedback!

AN
What do you like best?

The The ability to track multiple emails and addresses. But that is also part of the software's downfall. Getting cumulative giving data based on queries doesn't work because it multiplies giving by the number of addresses for a constituent. Gift count doesn't work either. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The biggest problem with CRM is that it has a difficult time with queries. Many give inaccurate information. The logic for these queries is not that same as is used for reports, so you cannot confirm info yourself in a usable way. I have many times tried to get these problems fixed through support, but I am still waiting after a year for any real update that fixes the problem. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

CRM can household members of the same family and that does help with direct mail solicitations. But if you want to segregate list, you wind up relying on queries. That makes good segregation impossible. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Open Discussions in Salsa CRM
UN
What do you like best?

The upsides are that you can access Salsa CRM from any web browser, so it’s not necessary to have a program downloaded on your computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find reporting to be very challenging and even just finding a record can be a chore. It’s not user friendly and it really isn’t a true CRM. If it were, there would be far more functionality and things could be better automated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We can store a great deal of historical data and connect donations and constitutes easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Wendy Levine of Salsa CRM

We are sorry to hear that you are not more satisfied with Salsa CRM. Please reach out to our support team for any assistance with report writing - we also have a client services team that is available for one-on-one meetings to help you build reports or solve other issues. While we do feel that Salsa CRM is a true CRM system with robust donor profiles, customizable reporting and dashboards, and more - we understand that the user interface may sometimes not be as easy to use as it could be. Because of that, we have released new user interface features to streamline searches, notes, and other items - and will be releasing more features soon. Please reach out to us if you would like to discuss further!

Assistant
What do you like best?

I've been able to do what I need to do on Salsa, though it seems like it would be complicated to try anything outside of that due to the fact that the site doesn't seem very user friendly. I haven't spent much time on the site, so I'm not sure of everything it is capable of, but it doesn't strike me as immediately easy to use. It definitely takes getting used to be, but it's possible to be trained and eventually be able to easily draft mailings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It's not integrated with anything else my company does, which makes it inefficient to use.The UX seems very minimalistic and doesn't have a sleek effect the way other websites do. However, it eventually becomes self explanatory and does its job. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Sync it to other areas of your CRM or make it all-inclusive. You don't want to be using a lot of different sites such as Salesforce, Mailchimp, etc; this would become very confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to send out newsletters and generally use different lists for our subscriber base. We can easily go back to past newsletters to see what was sent out, which is good for onboarding purposes, and also review the metrics to see the click through rates for our emails, which can help eventually manage the way we interact with our subscribers through our mailings and change aspects such as formatting, wording, graphics to better connect with them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

I love their new constituent dashboard. It shows all recent activity and cultivation information on one screen. Also, Salsa is so easy to learn, that we had few problems getting employees up and running. User permissions offer enough flexibility that administrators can keep data integrity safe, while allowing users to have some autonomy with their data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Exports into Excel from some reports don't recognize money fields as numbers. I'm constantly manually correcting this before sending financial reports and query results to organization leaders. Custom fields allow non-profits to create their own data fields based on information we like to collect, but some fields provided by the software that we don't track can't be removed (i.e. gender, religion, race, etc.) The letter creator doesn't always allow letters to be edited. If an image is merged into the letter, it cannot be edited in the CRM. As soon as edits are saved, the letter content disappears. These are issues I think Salsa will be able to fix down the line. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our database was a mess. Too many people had administrative access and had created chaos. We were able to convert to Salsa and begin to clean the data that seemed it could never be cleaned. Salsa CRM has helped us streamline our data entry processes, and use our donor data better. We integrated with Salsa Engage to expand donor engagement possibilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

The log in process was easy. I could go between my desktop and laptop easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Pulling reports was unnecessarily complicated and so was entering out of system donations. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

You need to be vigilant about duplicates. When I export our data to a new system. I had to do a lot of cleaning to avoid having unnecessary information. The fundraising report was over complicated. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used Salsa for our donor database and email marketing activities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Development Director
What do you like best?

They've made some valuable upgrades do the donor dashboard. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The system is not well integrated with the Engage product or the credit card processor. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you get very good training on how to use and personalize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are not using the system to its potential, but the learning curve is high and their training materials are lacking. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Director of Operations
What do you like best?

Salsa CRM is adaptable to our small non-profit. It is configurable to enable us to report on exactly what we need wrt our donors, volunteers and clients. Customer support is quick, responsive, thinks of out of the box solutions based on my actual needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

User interface is fairly blah and there is SO much functionality it takes a while to dig deep to find it all. Still learning the system after a year. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. Watch the short intro videos on the functionality. Talk to me about the system! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of reports, capturing volunteer hours, success of various program based on attendance we can track, etc Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Salsa CRM makes it super easy to manage your donors,sponsors, volunteers, and even staff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not have anything I have found to dislike thus far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are utilizing Salsa CRM to manage donor relations, keep track of our incoming donations and organize staff assignments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President & CEO
What do you like best?

Since 2003 we have purchased, leased, been granted and explored too many databases to count. Until we finally found our home with SALSA. The team is constantly upgrading and adding features, the customer support is absolutely unparalleled, and their dedication to the end-user is obvious in the features they have and those that they've added over the years we've been with them.

Every software CRM has issues. One of the things that sets SALSA apart from all of the others is their customer service team. They go the extra mile and then they just keep going even further to work with you, fix any issue you're having, suggest new features to the development team based on your needs....they are just the absolute best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I'm not as fond of their donation processing partner. For example, if a donor wants to increase their giving amount you have to cancel their old donation and they have to go in and create a whole new donation.

Some of their training material leaves a lot out, but the responsiveness of their support team more than makes up for that. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You won't regret it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I’ve been with SALSA now for several years. In the beginning I kept trying to make it Network for Good - which I left because they were so non-responsive, but they do have good interfaces and options, and their donation processing is a breeze. But the reality is, that I left NFG because I couldn’t get what I wanted. From my first day with SALSA, though, the team behind the product stood out and they jumped through hoops and turned somersaults to make me happy and get me the training I needed. I even got a call from the President of the company to talk about what I was experiencing and to make sure I was getting what I needed. I can’t imagine any other company with a “the customer comes first” culture that reaches all the way to the top.

No matter what I come up with that I want to do, I find that there’s a way to do it in SALSA (except around the donations!). I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone without reservations! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Executive Director
What do you like best?

The Salsa team is knowledgeable and friendly. They even remember your name. Clay Rios is very good at his job plus he makes me laugh. I always look forward to speaking with him. But all of the Salsa support team are helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are afternoon times when you are put on hold. There is better pick up service in the mornings. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly consider Salsa CRM versus others on the market. The support team is top notch. Salsa contains all the bells and whistles for data management and mining, email blasts, fundraising, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salsa takes care of all my data management, fundraising, emails, and thank you notes. I probably use a small percentage of its capabilities, but it suits our nonprofit needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Getting reports from queries is easy and allows me to drill down and filter so that I am getting exactly what I need for a project. The best part about Salsa is your staff that helps me get what I need. I have worked with Clay, from Pittsburgh many times and he is polite, knowledgeable, efficient and ALWAYS provides excellent customer service, teaches me short cuts and is extremely thorough and does not end our session unless I am satisfied that I received everything I requested. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I did not receive training when I assumed my position so I need to spend time getting familiar with Salsa. Unfortunately, my duties and responsibilities prevent me from taking the necessary training modules to become adept at using Salsa. I long for in-person/on site training for our staff! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are able to segment and target donors for appeals which has resulted in a greater financial return. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

We had a horrible experience with this software. I can't say anything positive about this software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The initial conversion process took far longer than they had advertised, over 6 months. After the install we spent countless hours on the phone with their customer support. After two years of suffering we switched to a new software. We had to use workarounds every time just to simply print out acknowledgment letters. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This product did not work for our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We used it as our donor management software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from of Salsa CRM

Salsa Labs appreciates your feedback and we work hard to make sure every customer’s conversion and onboarding experience is a successful one. We also use customer feedback to direct our product development.

As an example, our CRM letter function was recently upgraded to integrate Google Docs, which makes for a more intuitive and flexible user experience. We hope your organization finds success in the future and would welcome any conversation to show you Salsa CRM again.

Sincerely,

Andrew Shoaff

Director, Customer Success & Adoption

Salsa Labs

Associate Director
International Affairs
What do you like best?

We switched from the classic Salsa platform to the new Salsa CRM. The training team was very patient as we proceed at our own pace. All training sessions have been very well organized. The interface of the new Salsa has been very easy to work with so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike right now. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely participate in their training sessions, and watch their training videos Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We need a CRM that is intuitive, customizable and easy to use, so that our small staff of volunteers help us manage our donors and supporters.. We also need a system that helps us raise funds. I like that Salsa CRM connects with Salsa Engage where we can create fundraising pages, contact pages, etc that link back to the CRM. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

We were using spreadsheets and Salsa put all of our donors into one place and allowed us to easily communicate with them through Engage. We now have history on our donors and can easily track their participation with our organization. The best part was online event management, it freed up staff from taking reservations and answering questions. The process is all online and easy for our guests to utilize. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The word processor took some getting used to, but once we learned how to it worked fine. Individual letter editing saved lots of time. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ongoing support is excellent. Any question or issues that I had were handled efficiently; the over the phone support is invaluable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Improved donor management, event management and e-mail messaging that is all tracked together. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Reasonably priced when compared with the competition. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Locked in to a 3 year contract, which was signed by someone who left our organization before we were up and running on Salsa CRM/Engage. We are a small nonprofit with part time all-volunteer staff. Salsa offers very little in the way of on-boarding support other than uploading data. From there, you teach yourself using online tutorials. We never got it to work, and Salsa is strong-arming us to pay thousands of dollars to get out of the contract. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

It might be great for donor management, CRM, and fundraising for an organization with the time and manpower to teach themselves to use the product. Unfortunately, that does not describe our organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dan Quirk of Salsa CRM

Hi Barbara - I spoke with Andrew who's been in touch with you in recent days about the relationship between Hope for Children Fund and Salsa Labs. It's very unfortunate that your former board member signed up for Salsa and has left you hanging like this, but I think we can help you and your team of incredible volunteers pick up the pieces and get back on the right track!

The good news is this: contrary to your claim that there is very little in the way of onboarding support, Salsa actually has a rich onboarding program that makes starting very easy for organization's who are committed to learning Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage.

Onboarding starts with initial live setup calls and data conversion with a Conversion Specialist. You'll also participate in a Smart Start Fundraising or Smart Start Advocacy group webinar and 1:1 consultation where you'll build your first welcome series, e-newsletter, and sign up form. You'll also gain unlimited access to interactive, user-paced training tutorials in Salsa Scholars where users can practice using Salsa CRM and Engage in real-time! Then, on an ongoing basis, our customer support team is live via email and phone from 8AM to 8PM ET and you can always access the Support Center for step-by-step guidance if you like to self-teach.

We'd be more than happy to start you and your staff back at the beginning to get a stronger footing and then we'll be there with you every step of the way as you grow!

UN
What do you like best?

Very user friendly, a tech newbie could easily navigate the system. Wonderful customer service, helped us learn how to build out the system exactly how we needed it - could add our own information and get it done efficiently! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Better mobile platform. It's functional now, but I hope for something more robust in the future. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Better donor tracking, more efficient build out of fields that we need, ease of creating and pulling reports and IDing trends. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Very accurate when dealing with data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Hard to find certain tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data redundancy very limited Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UP
What do you like best?

I like that there are a ton of categories in one person so you can get a really thorough picture of one of your constituents. Once you get a hang of it, it can be relatively easy to keep everything together. I like that it keeps emails, actions, events, donations, and more all in one place. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, a lot. I don't love that you can't categorize events, that you can't search for people or events without being EXACT in your words, or that the front end sometimes looks unprofessional to someone visiting a site. There are also just a lot of bugs - maybe that's every CRM, but it's really frustrating. I don't like that editing emails can be REALLY time consuming, and often the finished product looks really ugly. you also need to learn coding to send emails, which you shouldn't have to do, but editing emails without coding is hard. It would also be great if it connected to Facebook events. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a nonprofit trying to keep track of our constituents and also take action by organizing people to reach out to legislative officials, and we can do those things with Salsa. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Non-Profit Management Leadership Intern
Music
What do you like best?

Because our office was spread across our state, I really liked how helpful this was in connecting all of our employees in a timely manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more affordable. It was too expensive for our budget. I also wish the representatives were more responsive. It took us at least one day to hear back when the system was acting glitchy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is for established nonprofits. Especially with the pricing, I would only recommend this for a large organization. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We ended up not using Salsa CRM as our go-to program because of the price. We were looking for an affordable, management website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Salsa makes it easy to import contacts and share data across their CRM and Engage sites. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Some of the language used and the organization of the site is confusing and makes it hard to navigate and learn the program. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to better organize our clients, donors and volunteers with CRM and have streamlined fundraising tools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

President
Medical Devices
What do you like best?

The email and form platforms available in Salsa Engage. The Salsa Engage training was great and very helpful! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That Salsa CRM doesn't 'talk' with Salsa Engage, and there wasn't the same level of training available with the CRM platform as their was with Engage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great database for managing constituents, however, because it doesn't talk back to Engage you have to make sure if you adjust a donation, you do it in both platforms. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of constituents, their donations and contact information. We have a much more organized organization than prior to using the Salsa Platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Dan Quirk of Salsa CRM

Hi Erika, Thanks for your review. Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage do have a built-in two-way integration that syncs all standard and custom fields between the two, pushes online supporter activity data into Salsa CRM and enables you to build groups in Salsa CRM and push them to Salsa Engage for online engagement. Also, be sure to check out Salsa Scholars, the interactive eLearning platform that contains instructor led training courses that will help you learn all the ins and outs and maximize the software. Specifically, there is a course on the Salsa CRM and Salsa Engage integration. Let us know if you're still having trouble and we can help you sort it out!

Admin Asst
Non-Profit Organization Management
What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive which makes navigating easier. Most questions can be answered by using the online help, but if a phone call is necessary the staff is very accommodating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The overall type is very small. This might be something I'm doing or not doing but I often get different donation amounts depending on how I pull the data, I would like to be able to add fields to a set query. There may be a way and I just don't know about it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of gathering data and reporting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UR
What do you like best?

Salsa CRM has been outstanding. We feel it is easy to use and has so many features for managing constituents. The dashboards are easily customized, and the platform itself is intuitive. The training that was provided was and continues to be essential for success. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The platform is very robust and could be confusing for some people. However, I think that the training that is provided addresses this. Like new platform there is a learning curve. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love using Salsa CRM. We use it combined with Salsa Engage but as a stand alone it is a great platform for constituent management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The reporting and dashboards are a dream come true. As an executive director I like having the stats and reports at my fingertips. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AN
What do you like best?

Our small non-profit has made the leap from a more old-fashioned donor management system to Salsa's much more advanced CRM. I like how responsive Salsa has been in teaching us what we need to know, and how quick they are with suggestions and feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Because this software is totally new to our team, there has been a steep learning curve. It has taken us a while to learn the system, but that seems to be based more on our own time restraints in not being able to fully use Salsa to its utmost capabilities. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salsa has helped us get up to speed technology-wise and made our team more efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Do you work for Salsa CRM?
Salsa CRM