Salsa CRM

Salsa CRM

4.0

Salsa CRM is a cloud-based donor management system that provides fundraising, reporting, and management tools. Along with other tools such as database security and email marketing, Salsa CRM aims to help nonprofit organizations attract new donors, expand interaction with existing donors, and retain their constituents.

Work for Salsa CRM?

Learning about Salsa CRM?

Salsa CRM Reviews

Ask Salsa CRM a Question
Showing 80 Salsa CRM reviews
Ricci L.

"SALSA is THE best!"

What do you like best?

Since 2003 we have purchased, leased, been granted and explored too many databases to count. Until we finally found our home with SALSA. The team is constantly upgrading and adding features, the customer support is absolutely unparalleled, and their dedication to the end-user is obvious in the features they have and those that they've added over the years we've been with them.

Every software CRM has issues. One of the things that sets SALSA apart from all of the others is their customer service team. They go the extra mile and then they just keep going even further to work with you, fix any issue you're having, suggest new features to the development team based on your needs....they are just the absolute best.

What do you dislike?

I'm not as fond of their donation processing partner. For example, if a donor wants to increase their giving amount you have to cancel their old donation and they have to go in and create a whole new donation.

Some of their training material leaves a lot out, but the responsiveness of their support team more than makes up for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do it! You won't regret it!

I’ve been with SALSA now for several years. In the beginning I kept trying to make it Network for Good - which I left because they were so non-responsive, but they do have good interfaces and options, and their donation processing is a breeze. But the reality is, that I left NFG because I couldn’t get what I wanted. From my first day with SALSA, though, the team behind the product stood out and they jumped through hoops and turned somersaults to make me happy and get me the training I needed. I even got a call from the President of the company to talk about what I was experiencing and to make sure I was getting what I needed. I can’t imagine any other company with a “the customer comes first” culture that reaches all the way to the top.

No matter what I come up with that I want to do, I find that there’s a way to do it in SALSA (except around the donations!). I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone without reservations!

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Salsa CRM
Lesley F.

"Very impressed with functionality and supreme customer support"

What do you like best?

Salsa CRM is adaptable to our small non-profit. It is configurable to enable us to report on exactly what we need wrt our donors, volunteers and clients. Customer support is quick, responsive, thinks of out of the box solutions based on my actual needs.

What do you dislike?

User interface is fairly blah and there is SO much functionality it takes a while to dig deep to find it all. Still learning the system after a year.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out. Watch the short intro videos on the functionality. Talk to me about the system!

Ease of reports, capturing volunteer hours, success of various program based on attendance we can track, etc

What Donor Management solution do you use?

Debra K.

"Great Onboarding Experience"

What do you like best?

We switched from the classic Salsa platform to the new Salsa CRM. The training team was very patient as we proceed at our own pace. All training sessions have been very well organized. The interface of the new Salsa has been very easy to work with so far.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything that I dislike right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely participate in their training sessions, and watch their training videos

We need a CRM that is intuitive, customizable and easy to use, so that our small staff of volunteers help us manage our donors and supporters.. We also need a system that helps us raise funds. I like that Salsa CRM connects with Salsa Engage where we can create fundraising pages, contact pages, etc that link back to the CRM.

Jaq L.

"Great functionality, Excellent support team!"

What do you like best?

The training and support team are by far the best part. Learning new software can be difficult and Salsa has programs that help you learn everything you need to know and more! They share best practices info and customized solutions for your non profit. They are always willing to help and email support is very fast!

What do you dislike?

The message composers can be cumbersome in some ways. Not totally user friendly but still works well. Some small issues that the developers are working on like alignment of text and images (text wrapping) and social media buttons.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good way to consolidate softwares and great software to use if you want help getting familiar with it.

We are consolidating some of our software into Salsa and it's nice to have one place to do it all.

Ellen S.

"The Salsa team is knowledgeable and friendly. "

What do you like best?

The Salsa team is knowledgeable and friendly. They even remember your name. Clay Rios is very good at his job plus he makes me laugh. I always look forward to speaking with him. But all of the Salsa support team are helpful.

What do you dislike?

There are afternoon times when you are put on hold. There is better pick up service in the mornings.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would strongly consider Salsa CRM versus others on the market. The support team is top notch. Salsa contains all the bells and whistles for data management and mining, email blasts, fundraising, etc.

Salsa takes care of all my data management, fundraising, emails, and thank you notes. I probably use a small percentage of its capabilities, but it suits our nonprofit needs.

Benjamin C.

"SALSA Combines the Right Ingredients"

What do you like best?

The Salsa Community and Support team are evidence of the adage, "people are the best asset". The platform is intuitive and simple enough to learn and the support crew answer questions promptly and with kindness -no matter how technically illiterate one might be! I think sometimes platforms can be too technical or intimidatingly detailed, but SALSA simplifies code, donor management, email and online fundraising. They have put together the ingredients that I need as a small to mid-size nonprofit.

What do you dislike?

I sometimes get lost trying to change code myself to clean up little details like newsletter structure or donation page columns or text. But the support staff typically resolve these issues quickly. Also, I always have to remind staff to SAVE edits and I think SALSA could implement an auto save feature or something.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend SALSA particularly to small to mid-size nonprofits looking to manage donor supporters, campaign and email blast, online fundraise and run ticketing. There is great functionality and it fits the energetic grassroots feel.

We are a conservation nonprofit working with local communities to resolve global issues. Wild Forests and Fauna protects and restores globally important forests. We do this by building conservation and entrepreneurial capacity in local partners in order to set up long-term sustainable success. SALSA has helped us to communicate with supporters around the globe, to fundraise online from donors around the globe, to better manage our supporters and donors in a database and to streamline administrative processes to some extent. SALSA is helping us to more effectively and efficiently protect and restore forests.

Laura P.

"Helped get our small NPO to the next level"

What do you like best?

Before we got started with Salsa, our disability rights group had member and donation data in various spreadsheets, free platforms, and our heads. Now, it's all in one place (a major deal), and we can see more clearly how our members interact with us over time. In addition, Salsa staff has always been very responsive and helpful when we need them.

What do you dislike?

We don't have any one in the office who is fluent in html code, and that has been our main stumbling block with Salsa. While most of the functions are fine for us, there have been several occasions where we've been at a loss with getting a page to look or work correctly, and we had to get help from Salsa staff or our contract web developers.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a clear idea of the functions you want the CRM to perform beforehand and get training, assistance with set up on those items from the start.

Tracking donations and member actions. Improving our email campaigns. Bringing Salsa tools to the table when doing coalition work.

Debra N.

"Great Product!"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Salsa CRM is it's easy to use. Our organization was able to save thousands of dollars by switching to Salsa CRM without losing any features we currently had and gaining some we didn't.

What do you dislike?

My biggest complaint about the software has been the way a good chunk of our old database was converted into Salsa. It left is with some challenges. The other thing I dislike would have to be having to use open office for our documents. It would be nice if Salsa was compatible with Microsoft Office and I'm not crazy about the way we have to do our receipting. We've had to change that process completely which is something I wasn't expecting when we signed up. That's not as much of a dislike as a hiccup.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It could save you alot of money potentially. Make sure you ask all the right questions in order to make sure you get everything you need.

By switching to Salsa CRM, we've been able to fully integrate our P2P Fundraising and our online fundraising with our database. With a staff of 3, this is a huge time saver. We've also been able to take advantage of features like honour/memorial giving and event management that we were unable to do before because of the added cost.

"Executive Director of arts organization"

What do you like best?

We were using spreadsheets and Salsa put all of our donors into one place and allowed us to easily communicate with them through Engage. We now have history on our donors and can easily track their participation with our organization. The best part was online event management, it freed up staff from taking reservations and answering questions. The process is all online and easy for our guests to utilize.

What do you dislike?

The word processor took some getting used to, but once we learned how to it worked fine. Individual letter editing saved lots of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ongoing support is excellent. Any question or issues that I had were handled efficiently; the over the phone support is invaluable.

Improved donor management, event management and e-mail messaging that is all tracked together.

"capturing emails "

What do you like best?

Getting reports from queries is easy and allows me to drill down and filter so that I am getting exactly what I need for a project. The best part about Salsa is your staff that helps me get what I need. I have worked with Clay, from Pittsburgh many times and he is polite, knowledgeable, efficient and ALWAYS provides excellent customer service, teaches me short cuts and is extremely thorough and does not end our session unless I am satisfied that I received everything I requested.

What do you dislike?

I did not receive training when I assumed my position so I need to spend time getting familiar with Salsa. Unfortunately, my duties and responsibilities prevent me from taking the necessary training modules to become adept at using Salsa. I long for in-person/on site training for our staff!

We are able to segment and target donors for appeals which has resulted in a greater financial return.

AC
Administrator in Civic & Social Organization

"Awesome system but hope your really tech savey if you're going to try to use it"

What do you like best?

I love all the features and capabilities of Salsa

What do you dislike?

The tech support is really lacking. It takes a LONG time to get an response and the fact that you have to go back and forth over email 1 question at a time means a simple questions or issue can take DAYS to resolve. The system is really complicated and even though they do have some videos to get you started the quality is not great and they barely scratch the surface on how to best use all the features.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I suggest watching some of the tutorial video first so you can see if the system makes sense to you and have a better idea of the questions you will need to ask your sales rep.

Member management, we are replacing an antiquated not user friendly system with a much more user friendly and flexible system. We non longer need to have our IT team pull member information for us our team can pull up the information they need quickly and easily.

Erika N.

"Great platform for Non-profit businesses"

What do you like best?

The email and form platforms available in Salsa Engage. The Salsa Engage training was great and very helpful!

What do you dislike?

That Salsa CRM doesn't 'talk' with Salsa Engage, and there wasn't the same level of training available with the CRM platform as their was with Engage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great database for managing constituents, however, because it doesn't talk back to Engage you have to make sure if you adjust a donation, you do it in both platforms.

Keeping track of constituents, their donations and contact information. We have a much more organized organization than prior to using the Salsa Platform.

Amanda P.

"Good experience so far!"

What do you like best?

I love the new platform. We previously had Salsa classic and it was great, but this is much more user-friendly. I also love that it's integrated into the fundraising software. The cost savings is going to be great and it's a better product.

What do you dislike?

There are some features it doesn't yet have on the fundraising side. We can't get an email notification whenever someone donates like we could with Network for Good. I've also noticed some features from Salsa classic aren't quite up and running, but I'm confident these will be fixed in the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I love this and think it will make your life easier. Be patient during implementation (it takes a while).

Our data entry on the fundraising side is going to be a lot less time consuming, freeing up our fundraising coordinator to do more fundraising.

AP
Administrator in Political Organization

"great customer service!"

What do you like best?

The diverse features available and they are always updating to stay current with trends! I am grateful for the constant updates and the variety of options available.

What do you dislike?

The implementation was a bit rocky but customer service worked with us a lot and we got through it! We were moving from google drive and several other platforms for ticket sales, emails, etc. so we didn't have any experience with this. It eventually all worked out and the Salsa team really stepped up to accommodate our needs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Our experience with salsa has been great overall! The biggest challenge was the transition process. We were moving from google drive and several other platforms for ticket sales, emails, etc. so we didn't have any experience with this. It eventually all worked out and the Salsa team really stepped up to accommodate our needs.

We are managing our database and fundraising. It has been amazing to streamline the two! We used to use several platforms for all of our needs and we found that it was nearly impossible to maintain accurate records that way, the inconsistency was inevitable. Salsa has really helped us solve that issue by creating a system (with a reasonable price tag) that talks to one another. For example, a ticket sale online will go directly into a record!

AP
Administrator in Performing Arts

"A necessary organizational and development tool"

What do you like best?

Salsa CRM is straightforward and easy to use and how it can be used only grows as my understanding of the system grows. I like the ability to easily tie in fundraising abilities, donor management, and reports. Using one app for all of our needs as a non-profit saves me a lot of time and stress.

What do you dislike?

At no fault of the system it can take some time to learn how to best utilize Salsa CRM for our needs. I've also had some issues using the documents portion of the site. It feels a little clunky sometimes uploading and saving and linking documents to send letters to constituents. Especially needing to use OpenOffice specifically instead of some built in templates.

We are able to keep track of our donors and run reports on our donors easily. As a growing non-profit it has been essential to start from the ground up with software that can help keep information about our organization clear and organized.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of aspects of Salsa CRM that I enjoy. It is easy to use, and the reporting is very robust. The custom fields are great and plug into letters where they are supposed to. I also like the membership which does a good job of helping us keep track of our memberships.

What do you dislike?

There are a couple of small items, but nothing too big. In a past CRM (which for the most part was NOT good), we had the capability to create a query/report and then schedule it update and email out to different people on a regular basis. Salsa doesn't allow you to do that, so reports I run weekly I have to be run manually. Not a huge deal though.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the free trial.

Being able to keep track of our donors and have detailed information about them.

Jesse K.

"Successful outreach and advocacy promotion"

What do you like best?

Salsa has an easy to use template system for drafting email blasts. Uploading a specific template I can use again and again allow me to focus on the content of my message rather than the coding for the appearance of the email. This function allows me to waste no time in alerting followers of important developments in my area of work.

What do you dislike?

Advocacy pages become active immediately - namely before I issue my call to action email. An option for simultaneous posting would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Salsa is an easy to use, effective method to community with groups quickly and to promote advocacy of your organizations issues!

Using Salsa to create email blasts and promulgate action letters has been very effective during the legislative session. The ability to send an email instructing an individual to reach out to their representative then have a call to action button imbedded in the email has lead to massive responses in support and in opposition to legislative bills.

Lynn S.

"User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

The software is very intuitive which makes navigating easier. Most questions can be answered by using the online help, but if a phone call is necessary the staff is very accommodating.

What do you dislike?

The overall type is very small. This might be something I'm doing or not doing but I often get different donation amounts depending on how I pull the data, I would like to be able to add fields to a set query. There may be a way and I just don't know about it.

Ease of gathering data and reporting.

Dave T.

"Fun product"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use of the product and the friendliness of the staff the best. We've used the software for many years and continue to be satisfied with it.

What do you dislike?

Wish it would interface with mip. Not really a big dislike but something that would shorten the processes we have internally.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Demo the software and find other nonprofits who are using it and ask them lots of questions.

Don't just consider your immediate needs but consider what your CRM needs will be in 5-10 years from now. Make sure your CRM can grow with you.

We are better able to run queries and reports to get the desired results instead of fighting with the CRM's reporting mechanism like we had to do before we used Salsa CRM.

UR
User in Real Estate

"Great CRM!"

What do you like best?

Salsa CRM has been outstanding. We feel it is easy to use and has so many features for managing constituents. The dashboards are easily customized, and the platform itself is intuitive. The training that was provided was and continues to be essential for success.

What do you dislike?

The platform is very robust and could be confusing for some people. However, I think that the training that is provided addresses this. Like new platform there is a learning curve.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We love using Salsa CRM. We use it combined with Salsa Engage but as a stand alone it is a great platform for constituent management.

The reporting and dashboards are a dream come true. As an executive director I like having the stats and reports at my fingertips.

Shannon D.

"Salsa has a great team to help with our needs"

What do you like best?

Salsa has a great support staff to help pull some of the complicated reports regarding donations and our supporters. Their email and event abilities help manage our outreach effectively. Its display is colorful and more easily absorbed when trying to get acquainted with the software.

What do you dislike?

Some of the information gets cluttered, especially when trying to group individuals. Lots of steps involved in sending an email out to a specific group. Also easily cleaning up errors in individual supporters profiles are time consuming and tedious.

Some benefits of using Salsa is that it has helped organize our data and eliminated outdated excel worksheets for our data. And we are able to engage more often and more effectively with our supporters.

UP
User in Political Organization

"Eh"

What do you like best?

I like that there are a ton of categories in one person so you can get a really thorough picture of one of your constituents. Once you get a hang of it, it can be relatively easy to keep everything together. I like that it keeps emails, actions, events, donations, and more all in one place.

What do you dislike?

Unfortunately, a lot. I don't love that you can't categorize events, that you can't search for people or events without being EXACT in your words, or that the front end sometimes looks unprofessional to someone visiting a site. There are also just a lot of bugs - maybe that's every CRM, but it's really frustrating. I don't like that editing emails can be REALLY time consuming, and often the finished product looks really ugly. you also need to learn coding to send emails, which you shouldn't have to do, but editing emails without coding is hard. It would also be great if it connected to Facebook events.

We are a nonprofit trying to keep track of our constituents and also take action by organizing people to reach out to legislative officials, and we can do those things with Salsa.

UN
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Very user friendly once you get used to it"

What do you like best?

Salsa Engage is an easy-to-use platform for our event registrations, petitions, email blasts, etc. With very little training my coworkers and I are able to set up and send emails and I set up my first petition the other day - it was very easy and has gotten a lot of activity!

What do you dislike?

We had very little training and since this is a new product, we have found a lot of glitches that we have had to work around until they are fixed. It has been frustrating, but their support is getting quicker at responding to our requests. This is a new product, so the support people I speak to don't have much experience with it, so there is very little that they can fix right away. I am hopeful that this will get better, and the bugs will be worked out, as the product becomes more developed.

We have been able to see a lot of great stats about our supporters. We also have cleaner looking emails and forms, and that is helping our members and supporters more easily take action and make donations.

Vivian M.

"Useful for a large office"

What do you like best?

Because our office was spread across our state, I really liked how helpful this was in connecting all of our employees in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

I wish it were more affordable. It was too expensive for our budget. I also wish the representatives were more responsive. It took us at least one day to hear back when the system was acting glitchy.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This program is for established nonprofits. Especially with the pricing, I would only recommend this for a large organization.

We ended up not using Salsa CRM as our go-to program because of the price. We were looking for an affordable, management website.

AN
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great support staff and cool features"

What do you like best?

Our small non-profit has made the leap from a more old-fashioned donor management system to Salsa's much more advanced CRM. I like how responsive Salsa has been in teaching us what we need to know, and how quick they are with suggestions and feedback.

What do you dislike?

Because this software is totally new to our team, there has been a steep learning curve. It has taken us a while to learn the system, but that seems to be based more on our own time restraints in not being able to fully use Salsa to its utmost capabilities.

Salsa has helped us get up to speed technology-wise and made our team more efficient.

Learn more about Salsa CRM

Salsa CRM Videos

Learning about Salsa CRM?

* We monitor all Salsa CRM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.