CDK Drive Reviews & Product Details

What is CDK Drive?

Drive boasts a single portal environment that represents a leap forward in dealership technology. This innovative interface gives you access to what you need to help lower expenses, drive revenue and increase profits in every department.

CDK Drive Profile Details

CDK Drive Reviews

1-50 of 64 total CDK Drive reviews
Internet Sales Advisor

"CDK, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

I love that this program is so easy to use. It is very user-friendly. Easy to search and easy to access the vehicle information as well as the customer information. There are so many ways to search, easy to obtain all of the information you are looking for! I also like that it connects via DMS. It transfers important information to our CRM as well.

What do you dislike?

I honestly have not many issues with this program, as of yet. Occasionally it freezes up and I have to close it and restart it completely.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool and super easy to use. It is very user-friendly and I highly recommend this program!

It enables me to update our sold records and find out if new and used vehicles are available. I am also able to locate customer and vehicle information into my CRM tool by using this program. Super easy to search and find information! I also like that it links to our CRM program for certain aspects. It's a Great tool for our business!

"CDK Drive: Great Workflow, Accurate Receiving, Excellent Rear Counter Tool"

What do you like best?

The features I like best about CDK Drive are as follows. First, CDK's comprehensive tool list enables one to complete an accurate job. CDK Drive has often-used tools in an easy to reach menu, including the rightmost sidebar. From this sidebar, one can access important information including how many old, open repair orders and special order requests. This enables one to keep a clean-running parts department and maintain my set of files so I don't have many things hanging in the system. Further, CDK Drive enables special tools customized by CDK's own people to meet our requirements regarding Ford -- as we are a Ford dealership. My particular job requires the utmost attention to detail, as Ford part numbers are used on a frequent basis. There is no getting around this fact: I must pay attention and be detailed. Therefore, CDK Drive's ability to incorporate a scanning device helps with accuracy. I do morning receiving. The old way is by hand and paper, and the new way is by using the scanning device. It makes the process go a little more slowly but ensures accurate posting. Some dealerships don't have their CDK system set up to do scan-posting. We do, and it is an invaluable tool to ensure not only accurate receiving but physical inventory.

What do you dislike?

The least helpful aspect of CDK Drive revolves around reports. Quite frankly, I honestly don't know if CDK Drive allows me to run reports and such. Our dealership is divided into the main dealer and truck center. It would be nice to add some custom type of analysis so I can discern how frequently a specific part is sold and more importantly where. This helps with stocking parts. I understand CDK Drive has a reports feature, and I am unfamiliar with what you can do with it. The PDA feature doesn't seem as robust as it could be. Specifically, our previous software Auto/Mate allowed us to discern how frequently a part is sold and by whom. The layout was more user-friendly. PDA is more wooden. In fact, CDK Drive is quite wooden sometimes, but what else do you expect from dealership software? It needs to get the job done and this type of job requires thought. You don't need sometime too intuitive or else its possible accuracy could go down. In short, PDA functions are not what I would expect.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CDK Drive is an excellent dealership program that enables people to get the job done accurately, incorporating important information where needed and adding intuitive tools when required.

The business problems CDK Drive enables myself to solve involve accurate inventory and parts receiving. It gives me the tools I need in order to maintain an incredible level of accuracy from this literal parts back door-end of the whole dealership. Parts receiving is an often unseen but most important aspect of running a parts department. Before I puff up the job much, I must say the following: It is a vital link, as important as the other departments. If parts receiving accuracy suffers, it potentially affects many other dealership processes and slows other processes down: a part not received puts a dent in customer service, inventory is thrown off, future parts sales are affected because the part is impossible to find despite having positive inventory. The bottom line is customer service. If we can't serve our customers well, we cannot do our jobs well. CDK Drive enables me to work thoughtfully, accurately, and with detail needed to serve customers well.

Digital Sales & Media Manager Australasia

"CDK Dealer Software"

What do you like best?

Straight forward EDM creation process, great value for clients in the automotive industry. Really good back up and tech support from these guys. Lots of room to update the database and be very specific in your targeting. They often help clients send EDMs and provide onsite visits.

What do you dislike?

Even with training, if software is not your thing, you'll need support It's evolving, there are some integrations needed that are in the pipeline, I'm interested to see how these assist wholistically, the Digital Marketing strategies moving forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with any systems integration and software, support is key. There are plenty of how to videos online & there are scheduled sessions for training available upon request where multiple parties in your business, can conference call and team view, all set up by the Pentana, CDK Global, Dealersocket team.

Selling more vehicles, upgrading our CRM witheverything we need to assist our customers, including preferred contact methods and frequency for Digital Marketing, EDMs, Service Specials, getting our Sales & Service offers in front of our exiting database and also out to new prospects in our PMA.

Internet Sales Consultant
Automotive

"Good But can use improvements "

What do you like best?

The ability to keep all history purchases and service visits. Also, the ability to match a stock when it comes in to alert you a potential unit for a customer. Relatively easy to navigate and offers great options on report printing as well as its updating system.

What do you dislike?

does not have texting feature for customers. Emailing needs to be revamped to allow more options in this digital era. Also, video or live video interactions with customers. Other fine tunements in certain controls for completing tasks.. Some options are overkill..

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure on the setup process that you are meticulous in setting up every lil options due to the cost after they leave from the initial set up phase. Also make sure you have a dedicated person to over see on a daily basis the operations for sales and management.

Well not to many business problems I would say just ability to create and track sales.

"User-Friendly and Not Over-Complicated"

What do you like best?

The tutorials and help button have made navigating the platform an easy experience.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, parts of a page (or the entire content) of a page will not load or be displayed.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The platform itself can be easy to navigate, however when information does not load or populate on the page you are visiting it can become difficult at times. It doesn't help that the Technical Support staff for CDK can take days to resolve a case or get back to you with an answer either, but usually this is not the case.

Data and analytics for the website. It has helped me with configuring the layout of my website to appeal more to users interactions.

Office Assistant

"It gets the job done!"

What do you like best?

It's a simple system to learn, which is helpful for both generations that arent hyper focused on technology, and those that are learning new skills on top of new systems.

What do you dislike?

While sometimes it's nice to have 10 ways to do something, sometimes that makes it harder to explain to someone, because they will get different answers from everyone. It could be more streamlined.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Overall a simple system to use.

The manual check option is great. It was a struggle even with the help of CDK Support to figure out how to utilize this option, but now it is the best way to put in rebates.

UA

"Nickel and dime you for almost everything. Does not play well with others. Always upselling."

What do you like best?

Integrates *most* of our day to day department needs. Connects, via a cloud solution, our two stores and a total of 6 buildings. End of year info cleaner for our accountant. Service and support group seems to be well-run and helpful. Most of the time same day resolutions.

What do you dislike?

Just about everything else. No VPN. No remote access. Will not let outside companies integrate even after charging their extortion 3PA fees. If you are a vendor that tries to sell a product even remotely close to another CDK offering they make it tough on the vendor and the customer. Almost everything is an "upsell".

Recommendations to others considering the product:

BE CAREFUL. Contracts are for life. Not really, but think carefully.

Again, our DMS is a vital part of our daily operations.

Director of Marketing and Business Development

"Software to meet a lot of needs"

What do you like best?

CDK offers a solution that meets a lot of need at our dealership, from F&I, to payroll, to Inventory, to Accounting, to Service, to Parts and more!

What do you dislike?

It can at times be difficult to get a hold of support and get issues resolved quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do all your research about integration with other third party vendors. There are some vendors we use that don't integrate with CDK which causes manual work-arounds.

We use a version of CDK called DASH. CDK allows us to manage most aspects of our business. We use it for accounting, selling vehicles, payroll, repair orders and more.

Business Development

"A reliable program"

What do you like best?

Once you have it down you kind of got it forever. Teaching it takes a little while but it in my experiences is just a matter of memorization of codes and process. The multiples sales and management roles I have had we have used this product and just like any other product we have our issues but they are never left unresolved.

What do you dislike?

It is reliable however it looks like it is from 30 years ago. some updates to easier use and teaching would be nice to have.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is well worth it for the price. Value exceeds the price far better then other programs I have expereinced

the organization and saved data help us to create better data mining everyday. It would be tough to list out all of our benefits. Over all a great product.

"CDK is great for when you don't need it, and horrible when you do"

What do you like best?

I love the entire UI. It is exceptionally easy to use, simplistic in nature, and just a great overall tool for the automotive industry.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how many bugs constantly make themselves apparent. It takes a lot for me to grow impatient with a piece of software but this occurs whenever I need to do something, and the fact that it does not actively work all of the time is infuriating. Especially for the price point we pay.

We have had numerous problems with the support systems, but we now have a dedicated senior support relations manager

"CDK"

What do you like best?

The New CDK Service (service edge) application. It puts repair orders in "buckets" based on where it is at in the repair process (awaiting dispatch, awaiting parts est, pending approval, being inspected, awaiting review, awaiting repair and being repaired) You can approve repairs with a click of a button that relays the approval to the parts department and technician. You can also see the Multipoint on the screen any time. It eliminates a lot of back and forth when wondering where a car is at in the process

What do you dislike?

CDK service is unpredictable at times. Sometimes it doesn't allow you to do simple tasks that are easy in the previous system. Glitchy

Recommendations to others considering the product:

CDK is great. The new features like CDK Service are not perfect but is a great tool that will improve productivity if used properly.

Easy to track dispatching and repair order processes from write up. "buckets" show where each vehicle is in the process of repair without wasting a lot of time going back and forth talking to staff trying to find out. Easy approval of repairs. Great Mutlipoint integration/sharing.

Internet Sales Coordinator

"Okay"

What do you like best?

I like that it works and functions as it should

What do you dislike?

I dislike the long wait times on hold when trying to get support. Also the menu when trying to get through on the phone is way too big. Too many products. The support itself takes too long and doesn't get completed.

website credit apps.

Parts Representative

"CDK (FRIEND OR FOE)"

What do you like best?

The ability to use the software to complete every day tasks as a parts advisor. Syncing parts from our electronic catalog to inquire of, quote and sell parts to customers both wholesale and counter alike.

What do you dislike?

The constant errors that one experiences day to day. Having to restart the program on a daily basis due to errors that occur. Function tabs do not work most of the time.

Eliminating the time it takes to search quote and sell parts to customers in the automotive industry both wholesale and counter retailers alike.

CA

"Toyota Service Writing"

What do you like best?

Ease of writing up simple service. I can knock out simple things such as oil changes in a total of minutes, start to close.

What do you dislike?

Tends to be complicated. Requires a lot of coding and memorization, while having 100 different Op-Codes for the same operation.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be prepared for a lot of different ways to do the same thing. There is no “one correct way” so find what works best for you.

Ease of pulling up service history on the fly. It looks good for the customer to see you in control.

"I enjoyed using "Lightspeed" by CDK Global"

What do you like best?

I enjoyed using "Lightspeed" by CDK Global. It was very easy to use and quite simple to learn. There is room for trial and error, and customer service is easily reachable, and helpful as well.

What do you dislike?

I used Lightspeed during both my sales and shipping and receiving duties at work. I disliked the process of having to "unrecieve" if you've accidentally recieved something at the wrong price. Other than that, I generally have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use customer support as often as needed. They are very helpful and prompt.

Much easier than the Comptron system we were using before. More options, access, and easier navigation. We are having much less issues with sales and returns since using CDK Global.

"Great product! "

What do you like best?

I like at is very customizable and easy to used.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit dated and the system has lost leads before.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's a great product! You will save a lot of money compared to the other CRM providers for the same results. We have never had an issue with support not knowing about an issue. Support has also contacted us a few times alerting us to a problem and assuring that they are doing their best to fix it.

It's very easy to navigate. We used it for our dealership CRM and you can create so many tabs to efficiently keep up with your tasks.

Recruitment,Training, and Database Manager
Automotive

"Great once you've been trained!"

What do you like best?

The compatibility that CDK has for so much other software is extremely useful. Also, the pre-built reports are logically created, and one can create custom reports easily.

The chat help line is a wonderful addition.

What do you dislike?

There are no training videos available that I found, so it would be nice if they were either added or more obviously located. I went through quite a bit of self-guided exploration that I would have preferred to avoid.

Also, the Support Center is never available by phone. The chat is much better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be patient, and find a contact at the support center to build a relationship with.

We are solving the problem of syncing Service appointments from DealerSocket to ADP and back again.

UT

"Excellent option for multipurpose system"

What do you like best?

Entering AP/AR is very simple and easy to learn. I also like that we are able to use one system company wide for all aspects of the business.

What do you dislike?

It is not always easy to find the pages I need to open if you don't have the page code.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a very good system to use if you are in the transportation industry. You can utilize the accounting system as well as track inventory of the fleet.

Being able to utilize one system company wide for all aspects of the business enables us to save money.

"Cdk"

What do you like best?

I like that it’s very easy to find customers. It’s easy to input a client. Colourfuln and laid out well. Easy to navigate.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes finicky. Sometimes emails or notifications don’t disappear even though you have selected to delete them.

My problem is the consistency of how well cdk is functioning. Sometimes it does what I want I to when I click on something, at other times not.

"CDK REVIEW "

What do you like best?

I like how easy CDK is to use and navigate through for my daily work duties. It is awesome to customize to the work that belongs to my current position and versatile when changing positions in my company.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that sometimes it will freeze and not save my work. Although CDK is awesome and I do not have many bad things at all to say about the software itself.

I use CDK every single day to scan documents into, save documents, look up needed documents for my daily activities. CDK is very valuable for the company I work for and I would recommend it to anyone.

"CDK in a car dealership"

What do you like best?

I really enjoy all of the aspects you can choose from on CDK. There are so many things that you can pick and choose from to make your dealership easier to work with. You can check a guest in, work on there paperwork and check them out all very easily. We have it set up where we can see all of our appointments and if someone doesn't show up or check in there appointment becomes bolded which then means our call center will call the guest and see if they have to reschedule there appointment for another day.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike about CDK but one thing that I dislike about it is sometimes there are malfunctions and then it confuses everyone and sometimes it doesn't work. Another thing that I dislike about CDK is that when you want to exit you have to "leave" every tab and it would be just easier if you could just close out everything with just one click.

We use CDK Drive as a check in and check out basis for our dealership. It is easy to see who is coming in for an appointment and how many appointments we have for the day. Another benefit is, is that you can look up any repair order just by typing in the vin number. Also, we have an accounting tab which is very helpful for me especially because I work with accounting.

(5001-10,000 employees)

"Wonderful tool "

What do you like best?

It was really easy to learn all of the functions

What do you dislike?

I do not like that it will take a while to load

CDK helps me to input data very quickly and shows what parts we have and do not have.

Accountant
Accounting

"CDK Review"

What do you like best?

It is quick and user friendly. Posting journals would take less than a second to post unlike quickbooks.

What do you dislike?

I extremely dislike how once a journal is posted, it cannot be undone.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Please provide more info for the functions and shortcuts.

I do daily posting for car sales, services, and parts. CDK Drive works extremely well in separating revenue in the different departments as well as form of payments.

Accounts Receivable Specialist
Automotive

"Long learning curve - best to adapt your processes to its abilities."

What do you like best?

I appreciate that it is an all-in-one solution for most aspects of running a dealership. Once you learn it, the tools are quite powerful.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't seem to have kept up with the times - many areas still look like DOS and the interfaces are inconsistent in how they function. Also, the learning curve is really steep - even if you've been using it for quite a while, if you don't use it for a specific task, entire parts of the software will be beyond your knowledge and can be difficult to pick up without dedicated practice.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Definitely look into all of your training options and consider signing up for the optional quarterly training. It is hard to even know what questions to ask until you've been working with the software for a while.

I don't know that CDK has truly solved problems that would not be able to be solved with a similar product, but I don't have much experience with other similar products.

UT

"Not up to par for Accounting Functions"

What do you like best?

Extremely simple design, users at all levels and positions in the business can use it, there are many ways to search for entries

What do you dislike?

Basic accounting functions missing (i.e. reversing entries, etc.), journal entry function is finicky and errors out a lot, the smartgrid is difficult to use but marketed as an advantage of CDK (it's easier to just export your data into excel)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Gets the job done, but could be more accounting user friendly

Everything is connected at different levels of the business

Business Development Director
Automotive

"Simple to use platform to manage our business"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, integration with other systems, reliability

What do you dislike?

There is always something that could be improved with any program. From time to time, I do see little bugs with integration, but I have seem many more issues with other platforms that i have used. CDK by far, is the best one I have used.

Managing our customer base, most service functions are used through CDK

"NOT USER FRIENDLY DMS FOR DEALERSHIP"

What do you like best?

They have good reps that are trying their best to help out. After you learn all the commands it is fairly fast to use.

What do you dislike?

Their new CRM system is full of glitches. Sales cannot even update customer's address before pushing the deal to DMS. Software in 2018 that doesn't allow you to us ESC, Tab or mouse should have its code rewritten.

ECONTRACTING

AT

"Almost too complicated to be efficient. "

What do you like best?

I like the breadth of information available when working with billing and maintenance management.

What do you dislike?

There are too many instances where information gets lost between desktops. Too often a unit gets attached to the wrong VIN number and cannot be corrected without high-level access.

Everything I need to keep track of my fleet is there in CDK, from monthly billing, to maintenance recording, to service tracking, it’s all there.

Service Advisor

"Reliable & Fast"

What do you like best?

It’s fast & reliable. Ease of use & can have multiple windows to operate within. Also, it’s great to track sales & very customizable

What do you dislike?

Too many separate tabs when it could be streamlined closer to the old Reynolds & Reynolds

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Reliable product

Automotive Repair

(10,001+ employees)

"Great software with little to no mouse use"

What do you like best?

99% of use is via keyboard which offers less opportunity for need of use of mouse.

What do you dislike?

No easy copy/paste via keyboard function. Cannot see more than a few lines of info when viewing vehicle history.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use if you have used Reynolds and Reynolds prior (pre-Ignite).

Entering data especially with the copious amounts needed to service a vehicle.

"CDK"

What do you like best?

Very user friendly. Applications are pretty easy to understand and the tech support is always more than willing to help and actually walk you through your concerns rather than just fix it for you.

What do you dislike?

We do find it hard to sometimes get ahold of our account advocate and often have to call the general support number rather than our specific account advocate who already has all of our information on hand.

Being able to sell more cars and having all of our vehicle information pulled to our website has been great!

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to access customers and pull up information in a timely manner.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes takes a little while to load, program is sometimes too large and loads info we don't need for our department.

You can keep all of your information in one spot.

"Easy to learn and easy to use"

What do you like best?

CDK Drive is very easy to use and so many different things can be done on it from payroll to inventory.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were easier ways to get to certain parts of CDK

Recommendations to others considering the product:

easy to intergrade in to daily routine.

keeping better track of accounts that are due.

UG

"Huge fan of this software"

What do you like best?

I've been a long time ADP user, after changing to CDK it was nice to still have the familiar interface. As a parts salesman it's quick and efficient to sell parts and perform every aspect of your job.

What do you dislike?

Occasionally if someone stays logged in over night some reports won't update. This was usually only a problem at end of month.

Parts can be a finicky business. CDK is an industry leader in automotive software.

"Fairly simple to use but only through training."

What do you like best?

It is easy to use after repetition of use. After a while of training it is simple to navigate through the different functions.

What do you dislike?

It is not laid out easily for new users coming in. It does not give good directions to new users on specific functions.

CDK helped solve a blanket need for all of the sales processing our company had in creating invoices and processing shipments.