Zola Suite Reviews & Product Details

Zola Suite Overview

What is Zola Suite?

Zola Suite is the industry's only end-to-end practice management platform that connects front-office and back-office tools to deliver a single source of truth. With best-in-class matter management tools and robust billing, accounting and reporting, Zola Suite eliminates data silos and helps your firm maximize efficiency and increase profitability. Features include: - Built-in Billing & Accounting - Intelligent Email - Advanced Reporting - A Complete CRM for Prospect & Intake Management - Document Management & Automation - Legal Calendaring - Task Management - Secure Client Portal

Zola Suite Details

Delivering a single source of truth to data-driven firms with best-in-class matter management and robust billing, accounting and reporting in a single platform.

Zola Suite’s platform doesn’t rely on clunky integrations to help firms manage day-to-day tasks like sending emails, generating invoices, scheduling meetings and sharing documents with clients. This means that our clients have a single, easy-to-use dashboard, one set of login credentials and one monthly bill - we believe in harnessing the “power of one” to maximize efficiency and profitability.

Zola Media LLC

Marketing

Zola Suite Videos

Zola Suite Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Zola Suite community
Have you used Zola Suite before?

Zola Suite Reviews

Showing 110 Zola Suite reviews
Already have Zola Suite?
Legal Assistant & Office Manager
What do you like best?

My absolute favorite feautre of Zola Suite is the "+" button at the very top taskbar. I can get to literally anything within Zola Suite through this feature. If I need to create an invoice, take a payment, calendar an event, or create a matter, it's all right there from any and every screen! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that the entire Suite is web-based only. I love that it's cloud based and I have the ability to access it from anywhere, but I like the stability and lack of any lag with an actual app on my computer's hard drive.

I wish Zola Suite would offer both the website access and a downloadable app for my desktop PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Participate in the seven day trial to see if Zola Suite is right for you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zola Suite is a much more stable platform than our previous case management software. Our previous provider had issues where the entire program would lock up and all information on a case could be lost. We do not have that issue with Zola Suite so far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Associate
What do you like best?

The ability to keep all client files digitally and on hand at a moments notice. Ease of getting paid by submitting client invoices through client portal. Able to bill after every action taken on a client file and prompted to do it. I have been capturing more billable time due to this software. Easier trust balance accounting and transfer ledgers. This has allowed for easier tracking of money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The email app in Zola Suite is kind of funky, I love the plug-in for Outlook and continue to use Outlook. Statement of Accounts have to be done by client. There is no way to pull up all statement of accounts at one time and review, so you must keep a list of all unpaid clients or run a separate report prior to doing your statement of accounts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have questions, take the demo. Take the time to get involved with it and see if it is what you need. If you need more time, ask them and they will give it to you. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Ease of creating documents, and sharing documents with clients in real time. Keeps clients up to date on what is going on at a click of a button and has allowed for faster payments with the LawPay integration. The CRM allows for better management and tracking of leads to see what advertising is paying off and where clients come from. It also allows to know what our conversation rate of inquiries to clients is much faster and better. Allows for follow up with leads that have not contacted us back to see if there is anything we can do to help land them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Usually when we have issues or our office has ideas to help improve ZOLA we usually end up seeing our requests being pushed on the next updates. Randi has been amazing with us since the beginning after our office went through 3 different systems prior to ZOLA. I like how we are able to customize our files based on the practice area we use. We can customize our folders and custom fields as we seem fit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the latency issues when receiving incoming emails. I receive emails quicker in my outlook than ZOLA. Also, when sending a large attachment I have to use outlook and then save my email through ZOLA but I know that this is in the works to fix. I recommend that ZOLA pushes forward with the task templates so when a file is opened certain tasks are automatically assigned to the staff. Also, I would recommend that anytime a document is saved into ZOLA it also prompts a billing entry and for copies. I also think that the activity log needs to be more detailed. For example, if a document is deleted or moved it should state in the logs what staff member did it so any management of any firm can address the issue with the staff. Also, when a calendar event is deleted it should be more specific as to the name of what it was added as and not just that a calendar event was deleted. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We currently have some tickets regarding some issues with certain files. Some files I am able to view the folders through the task window but not the email window and vice versa. The benefits have been that when our office has ideas it usually ends up being pushed in the next update. For example, when we first signed up with ZOLA there were no subfolders created and as soon as we brought it to light the folders were created afterwards to how our office saves documents. Also, we had requested more bulk billing features which has been created as well such as LEDES bulk printing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Chief Operating Officer
What do you like best?

The service works well, but their Customer Service is Great! They do a lot for this small firm! Zola is always quick to respond to any issues. They have grown exponentially over my time with them. Their team is always prepared and are happy to help. I have sent a few recommendations and the updates seem to address several suggestions. I really wish they would incorporate an Remote Online Notary option to their system. The email mapping is great... Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would like a few more integrations, certainly with document automation, and online notaries, but Zola has evolved quickly. Knowing many law firms use Wordperfect, it would be nice for them to do more integration with them. At times, the integration with outlook is a bit buggy. This is possibly an outlook issue, but it does get frustrating at times. Overall, not many dislikes as they seem to address all concerns fairly quickly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I am working to clean everything up with their accounting side.. (previously used QuickBooks) The document sharing has been received well by clients. Would like to be able to preview what they are seeing so I can explain it better, but overall, it is nice. It appears that, though Zola is not a full accounting company, the accounting features will be sufficient and will eliminate the yearly cost for QuickBooks. It is absolutely helping with the organization of files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner and Principal
What do you like best?

The interface is very easy to use and is intuitive. Most features I would want on a law practice management software platform are included. Customer service is very helpful and responsive. The CRM feature is nice to have and it integrates seamlessly with the rest of the software unlike other company's software. Customization for certain fields is very nice and helps the software make sense for what I need and want. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Even though custom fields are available, deeper level customization for certain fields and matter tabs would be nice. Customizing tasks and automating task lists to generate for specific matter types would be a nice feature, too. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Everything dealing with case management, client retention and organization of client data. Referral tracking is super helpful. Tasks are great to keep the workflow moving in a positive direction (as long as you don't keep pushing the due date forward :P). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The backend accounting, multiple time trackers, document automation - this program focuses on efficiency and being comprehensive. In starting a new law practice, I did not want to have to learn multiple programs and integrate them. Zola Suite was recommended by another attorney who recently started a firm and as I investigated the competitors it became the clear leader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is so much to learn, but so far the draw back is that there is a lot to learn and it does not integrate Law Pay e-checks yet. They tell me that's in the works. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This provides multiple services in one program so there is only one program to master - not billing software, accounting software, file management, etc. I expect this will enable me to be efficient and not feel the pain of not having support staff. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The full-featured accounting, which allowed us to ditch Quickbooks, is what drew our firm to Zola Suite, but we're really enjoyed some of the the other features, such as email integration, bulk billing and CRM leads. We integrated our web platform with the CRM tab, which really makes it easy to follow up on potential clients. And the layout of Zola Suite is great, especially the pages for individual cases, which present all the information and updates on that particular case in a tight package. And we love the Z-Drive feature, which allows us to edit documents from anywhere and not have competing versions on individual computers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We use G-Suite for email and calendar, and while we don't have any problems with syncing the two, the Zola email integration (and especially search) don't run nearly as quickly as the native Gmail platform does. I wish Zola had a couple of other features, such as texting our clients, and there is a learning curve on the accounting front coming from Quickbooks, which we've ironed out. And overall, I wish the app were a little snappier when loading the pages, but it's not anything terrible. I Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We're a small "blue-collar" law firm and while Zola Suite isn't free, we've received a return on that investment 10-fold in the short few months we've been using it. It's really helping us streamline our practice and efficiency in ways we didn't even anticipate. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are a high-volume firm that handles a lot of criminal defense with clients on payments plans, so having integrated accounting allows us to see our updated trust account balances in real time, which is a godsend when handling those types of cases. We are also working remotely more than ever and seeing all of the communications and updated documents from everywhere is a huge benefit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Having turned over three practice management software programs in the past ten years, ZolaSuite is the first practice management program (PM) to live up to the promise of reducing workload. Our past experience with other cloud programs is that they take a lot of time to maintain and offer back little more than a GOOGLE calendar with an invoicing app. ZOLA has a very intuitive interface and provides full accounting functionality. So clean is the program, that our staff has been able to use most of its features without a telephone call to the help desk or watching YouTube videos. Even the accounting feature is intuitive and allows for easy on the go adjustments. The ease of the accounting was initially an internal security concern, until we saw how clean and easy the audit feature was to read. Fingerprints everywhere. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The forms feature needs a little more work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Invoicing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Zola Suite's accounting platform and time entry software is easy to use, but Zola Suite's support staff are fantastic, and come with the price of the subscription. I am no accountant, so they help with everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The email viewing is not great. It takes up too much screen and so there's not a lot you can see. And a separate window that pops out for drafting email isn't the greatest. But otherwise, it's fine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have online storage of everything, easiliy accessible. The Zola App is also very helpful. I simply have so much better organization, and I hardly use the myriad of reports that I could be using, but my law firm is only two persons and my partner has not been practicing much. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

EL
What do you like best?

Accounting and timekeeping are big improvements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zola mail has been a huge disappointment Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One of the trainers -Kelly Foley - was very very good but the rest were not great. Our account manager is good. The sales person - Donnamarie - is good. But overall the service quality is uneven. CRM, accounting and billing are solid. CRM could use some tweaks. Email is way too slow. Is there a desktop app in development for email? Being able to save emails to matters is something that hugely benefits our practice, but it's too slow - sending and saving the email can take a full minute. Way too long. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Prior to starting my own firm, I had only rarely used case management software. I'd previously had access to both Amicus Attorney and Needles, but because I found their user interfaces to be non-intuitive and clunky I always ended up using work-arounds and relying on my paralegals. When selecting a program for my firm I focused on those platforms that integrated accounting and case management features, as I did not want to learn or pay for multiple programs if one would do. This limited my selection of platforms to Zola Suite and a couple others, and after trying each I selected Zola.

My favorite aspect of Zola Suite would have to be its integrated accounting and case-management features, intuitive interface (for me), and responsive customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

On the accounting side, I would prefer to have receipt management built into the system like QuickBooks has. I'm also using Expensify for this as a work-around, but it would be better to have this in Zola Suite natively. The system is not ideal for tracking settlement histories in my plaintiff's practice, in which I repeatedly encounter the same defendants. I don't think that Zola was really designed from the ground-up for a plaintiff's personal injury practice but I've been able to make it work thus far. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I think that some other case management platforms may have more pre-existing forms and templates, whereas in Zola it seems that you need to create everything yourself. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

This is basically covered in my previous answers, but it has certainly helped with organization, calendaring, and accounting -- as you would expect. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Ease of use is very important to our firm. Zola allows us to access our documents, calendars, contacts, etc., from anywhere, including via mobile app. The system is intuitive and dependable. Support responds quickly. The company is receptive to suggestions, and encourages feedback. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Calendar could be more comprehensive - ability to set up automatic reminders for particular deadlines (i.e., Close of Discovery). An integration between Calendar Events and Tasks would also be a huge help for our firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zola makes it much easier to save all of our client information AND documents in one place. We previously used separate programs for client data and billing, document storage and deadline management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Elder Law Estate Planning Attorney
What do you like best?

Zola is user friendly and the right balance of features, including all the client management, document automation, billing and accounting. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It doesn’t include payroll feature or an integration. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Don’t be hesitate to switch to Zola, it is better than your current case management accounting software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Document automation, billing and accounting, client case management. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

Improves my efficiency and customer support. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There are some issues with IMAP email compatibility. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zola Suite allowed me to revolutionize my solo practice. I ported my office number to a dedicated cell phone, went to the use of an online fax service, eliminated my phone land lines, eliminated my secretarial position I had for almost 30 years and rented a better and less expensive single room office to meet clients. Except for meeting clients and going to Court, I can now work from home or on the go. Bottom line is that my bottom line has improved by over thirty (30) to the positive. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zola Suite has improved keeping documentation of my email threads. I have realized that a secretary for a solo practitioner is no longer required. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

Zola is easy to you and has a very nice user interface. It has helped my office grow over the last couple of years. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I would love to see them make zdrive accessible to apple users. I would also like to see a feature that would allow you to preview documents without downloading them every time you want to review them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great Integrations, very good at having the entire file at your fingertips. They have continued to make improvements, which are almost always very helpful. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The newer CRM feature has help immensely with tracking our leads. It also allows our team members to work together flawlessly because all the information about individual clients is stored together and easily accessable. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Attorney
Review source: G2 Gives Campaign
What do you like best?

The way you can allow all attorneys to have access to litigation documents and track the different drafts of written discovery and briefs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Emails do not automatically refresh and you have to download documents to view. There should be an option to just open the document through Zola without downloading it first. It is also problematic to upload audio and video files to the website. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Keeping track of my time entries and accessing documents without logging into a remote server. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Managing Shareholder
What do you like best?

Fully integrated solution with amazing options to ingrate things like roost, email, LawPay, snd Quickbooks. Amazing service and onboarding process they also do marketing which is amazing too Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all. Everything has been great so far Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zola Suite is super affordable compared to other options and it does way more than other solutions. With a bar discount you get even more value For marketing solutions, using Zola Suite gives Zola Creative an insight look at you le business which gets you better marketing support Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Practice management snd marketing solutions Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

It is very easy to use and it can be customized to your needs. The more you explore, the more powerful a tool it becomes. It really makes a lot of tasks much easier. I have used many different CRMs over the years. This is the simplest and most powerful. Plus the cost is so reasonable. It literally addresses all your administrative tasks. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The only criticism is that it is a little cumbersome to search emails but not a deal breaker. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you take advantage of their support team. They can save you a lot of time figuring out features that are really a silver lining to your usage. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Client management and contact. It is also a lot easier to keep tract of drafts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Owner
What do you like best?

I like that all of my billing information is easily accessed, that my general ledger is kept well organized and that my trust accounts for each client that uses them are well maintained. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I find that the e-mail client is a bit slow and more difficult to use than using outlook directly. So, I use outlook directly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Basic law firm accounting problems are being addressed with the software, as well as organizing my client-matters, tasks and reminders. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Customization feature and integration of email messaging plus the time tracker Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The word attorney still there although on the firm setting I can specify myself as non-attorney. I hope it will avoid confusion. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I tried other law practice software but Zola Suite so far met my need to customize my firm. One of the benefit is productivity feature and ability for the client to pay online and share document securely to the firm . Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Zola is its cloud-based design. I can log in from anywhere at any time, and have access to everything I need. When I have had other practitioners cover for me, I have been able to provide them with a login and access to only the files needed. I went from working out of my home to truly running a law firm. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes takes a few clicks more than I would prefer to access a matter or something specific therein. I wish the vendor payments could somehow be cross-reconciled. I sometimes have trouble reconciling because the journal entries throws the balance off a bit sometimes. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out, and I think you will be happy. I love that it is so easy to get ahold of customer service. They will walk you through everything, and you'll never feel alone. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Zola has streamlined everything. Document automation has saved so much time, and I'm hoping once Mac is integrated it will be even more convenient.. Integration with LawPay has decreased outstanding invoices. I just need to log in to one place. Time is money. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AL
What do you like best?

Zola has more accounting features and more granular control than any prior case management system I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Zola does not have as much polish and is not quite as user friendly as prior systems I have used. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are capturing more time with Zola Suite with its direct integration with our email and direct prompts throughout the system to catch time Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Principal
What do you like best?

Zola Suite is a great platform for our two-partner law firm. It has everything a law firm needs for accounting and client records purposes. But the expectations are far exceeded when you know you can call on their real person contacts for any help with the program at all. From accounting entries to email. And you can sync all email into a business folder so all lawyers can gain access to your client emails without having to forward the emails to them. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The actual email viewing is clunky. I synced it with Outlook, and use it from there. Unfortunately, I have found that my Outlook folders, which match the Zola folders, have somehow disappeared and don't remain after a day or so. But at least the inbox keeps everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have been able to organize very well. Folders, client matters, invoices, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UL
What do you like best?

I like that no matter the request or question zola is willing to rearrange things to make it easier for our company, its versatile and very user friendly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

i don't like the calendar feature, it doesn't work well for our business. we use it, its just difficult. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We recently had an issue with the email feature not syncing, and i like that when speaking with the support team they resolved it quickly and found a solution. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.