Zola Suite Reviews & Product Details

What is Zola Suite?

Zola Suite brings next generation, cloud-based legal practice management software to mid-sized and large law firms. Everything you need to manage the business of your practice is in one secure and intuitive interface, including built-in email, complete business and trust (IOLTA) accounting, calendaring, document automation, task management and workflows, document and matter management, and dedicated iOS and Android mobile apps. Propel your practice with the Power of ONE. Integrates with Quickbooks, RPost, LawPay and much more.

Zola Suite Screenshots

1-25 of 45 total Zola Suite reviews

Zola Suite Reviews

1-25 of 45 total Zola Suite reviews
ASISTENTE LEGAL

"The best web application for legal management."

What do you like best?

This tool possesses a great capacity of management since it covers areas like the administration of documents, cases, tasks, clients, as well as of the agenda, another aspect to emphasize is that it possesses an integrated electronic mail, besides having a clean and friendly interface, on the other hand it is based on the cloud and is accessible from any navigator, as well as through native applications of iOS and Android.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about this program is very robust and functional, I love the integrations it has such as email, in addition to its high flexibility of integration with other programs. On the other hand its billing is excellent but could improve in the realization of reports or monthly balances that would be of great help.

Its operation and performance is incredible because it has allowed me to increase the client portfolio, through remote advice, on the other hand as a well-established law firm in the legal field has given us the opportunity to implement a new organizational and labor strategy, also improve customer service which is manifested in the increase in the degree of satisfaction of our customers and in the reduction of the time of action of case management.

Associate Attorney
Law Practice

"Great upgrade to our timekeeping software"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to keep track of time, enter time, and review time. It is easy to keep track of multiple matters, clients, documents, and time. The moblie phone app is so helpful also.

What do you dislike?

I do wish there was a way to put in time all at one over multiple matters or multiple clients. Usually doesn't take much longer to do this manually, but a time splitting application would be great. Also, since this is web broswer based cloud software, the e-mailing features can take a little extra time to load compared to Outlook.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product that is fairly intuitive and easy to learn and use. Great way to keep track of all billable hours and matters.

We are solving the following business problems with Zola: Loss of time during emails, phone calls, etc. is no longer a real problem. Multiple ways to keep track of billable hours. Keeping track of multiple clients, matters, and documents, as well as different versions of same.

Paralegal

"One of the best attorney client software"

What do you like best?

The fact that there is a mobile app... it makes everything much easier. The attorney can put in how long they were in court, traveling, etc, right on their phones so it makes life much easier when it comes to billing time and possibly forgetting to put in time for a client. The fact I can have another sign in without paying an entire other premium is amazing.

What do you dislike?

I dont like how when you are on your time page online, it only says the "matter number" I can never figure out which client it is when just looking at the client number which are automatically generated and you cannot change the "matter number" until you create the matter, go back into the matter to edit it and then change the matter number to the last name or such.

Billing seems to be a lot faster with using zola.

Abogado
(Myself Only)

"Very functional and easy to use."

What do you like best?

It is a platform for accounting management (Time and Invoicing) of the processes associated with legal practice, as well as also, allows to record in a control panel the matter with personalized fields, user access limits and advanced notes and tracking, in addition to automation and document management, another feature to highlight is the integration with email, which is instantly linked to contacts and files related to the matter to the relevant matter.

What do you dislike?

The aspects to improve are very few really, minimal inconvenience as when downloading a pdf document from the app sometimes slows down and delays a little more than due but I think it depends on the size of the file, although it is true there is no limitation in this sense I could verify that the largest files tend to collapse the platform.

We have optimized the generation of invoices in addition to the automation of the process, drastically reduces the time used for this purpose, on the other hand the ease of managing cases, matters and documents gives us the ability to increase productivity and efficiency levels of the group of lawyers or teamwork, in addition to providing a better organization of tasks or assignments to each member of the team, so this new working methodology is a reference for success, we are very pleased with the performance.

Paralegal

"Great Platform"

What do you like best?

It is feature rich for a SaaS platform. Document versioning is huge. I have a horror story where I was working on a brief with another attorney and we lost version control and submitted accidentally electronically filed a non-final draft with a court. Zola's document versioning should avoid that issue.

I have passed the NY bar and I am awaiting admission. I am joining a solo practitioner who mainly litigates. We realized early on that I would not be able to use his platform for my practice areas because his software is specifically tailored to high volume litigation firms. So I went out searching for a solution on my own.

I did the free trials of Zola, Clio and PracticePanther. In the end I felt like Zola was the best fit for me.

What do you dislike?

It appears at this time that lead tracking is not a polished or ready as some of Zola's competitors. I'm sure they are going to work on it in the future but products like Lexicata (now a part of Clio) and Lawmatics are more feature rich in that regard.

Got rid of a separate accounting software. Being able to customize the software to meet all of my practice area needs is huge.

For example I can work on estate planning matters, real estate transactions, and appellate litigation in the same platform because I can customize the fields in each practice area for the data that I need.

Attorney

""Stunning, financially savvy Practice Management SaaS Platform""

What do you like best?

Zola enables me to work from anyplace on the planet and with a small amount of the overhead of numerous organizations. As a performance expert, it is basic that I be as effective as could be allowed and not needing a different administrator right hand is such a cost reserve funds and enables me to be increasingly proficient for my customers. The stage has been stunning and I have just prescribed to my associates, some of whom are currently supporters.

What do you dislike?

it's an incredible program, Honestly, I can't consider much I don't care for about Zola Suite.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Similarly as with any product, do your best to comprehend what you're hoping to achieve, however don't be reluctant to attempt new things. What's more, in case you don't know, simply ask; there were a couple of times where I thought Zola was feeling the loss of an element just to discover through help that I was disregarding something extremely straightforward.

I required a solitary stage for admission, matter administration, timekeeping and charging that likewise considered adaptability for my diverse charging structures. I tackled my issues for a small amount of the cost o having a committed asset.

"Review of Zola Suite"

What do you like best?

There are few things that zola does really well.

1. Email integration - and attaching emails to matters. Although it could improve by learning that emails from clients should be attached to communication tab for that client's matter.

2.Matter view allows you edit data without opening a new window

3.Document view is spartan but very useful. The trend now is to go bubbly and big, which in practice means wasted screen space by large pretty icons. As an attorney I just need the information as quickly as possible. Thus, I love the hierarchical document left pane. Super fast, super efficient. No nonsense.

What do you dislike?

The contact management facility needs work. It is USELESS as lead tracking as it doesn't allow you to attach note or events to leads.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

All programs have strengths and limitations. The developers have to make choices in terms of presentation of data, access to data, and ease of use. Zola integrates very well three aspects of a law practice. Billing, case management, and document management. I have tried many many competitors and despite some limitations, Zola is the best fit.

I eliminated separate billing software. I am in the process of eliminating separate accounting package.

Staff Attorney
Legal Services

"Zola has matured into a strong and user-driven case-management platform"

What do you like best?

Zola's UI is clean, quick, and easy to use. Their support team is incredibly professional, helpful, and responsive. As a user, it covers almost my full range of needs without being invasive.

What do you dislike?

My dislikes, minus one, are mostly nit-picks.

1. The color scheme might turn some away.

2. It's also still adding features, so there are a few parts that feel somewhat less polished than others.

3. As a matter of personal preference, I'm not a fan of the fact that multiple tabs of Zola must be open to make use of all of its features.

4. I'd like to see integration with Google Drive added. I can sync with Google Calendar and Gmail, so this feature's absence is more noticeable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As with any software, do your best to know what you're looking to accomplish, but don't be afraid to try new things. And if you're not sure, just ask; there were a few times where I thought Zola was missing a feature only to find out through support that I was overlooking something very simple.

Zola has been a great asset in our transition to a paperless office, and they make it easy to use the platform equally well at the office, on a mobile device, or in the courtroom.

Founding Attorney
Law Practice

"New and Innovative Player in Law Practice Management "

What do you like best?

Zola's strengths include the user interface, which is logical, efficient, and easy on the eyes. For the most part, everything you expect to see on a matter or contact screen is there on the first page; no need to scroll or click over to an additional page to find out all of the most pertinent information you want on that subject. The developers of Zola are also among the most creative in the field. Features such as automatic timing of certain tasks, which creates time records automatically and assigns them to a matter without any additional keystrokes, are evidence of how forward-thinking are the creative minds behind Zola. Zola's fully-integrated email client is an industry standard, and the ability to send registered e-mails providing proof of delivery is also unique to Zola Suite. The option of a branded mobile app to offer to clients is also an attractive feature unique to Zola. Having a fully-integrated accounting solution is also a plus, even if it is not unique to Zola. Zola may be the best combination of graphic design and innovation in the industry.

What do you dislike?

The software is still a bit buggy. For example, when creating a new matter, users are offered the option to add an additional client to the matter, but the additional client is never successfully saved to the matter. Only after the matter is created can the user go back and successfully add another client contact to the matter screen. The email client is also a bit buggy. I've experienced difficulty with email attachments, which seems to occasionally result in an error message indicating that the email was not successfully sent. On most of those occasions, the error message is itself an error, meaning that the email actually was sent. I learned that lesson the hard way, when I discovered that I had repeatedly sent and resent the same email to a client, who had actually received the first message.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Zola is definitely worthy of a serious trial.

Zola checks off all the necessary practice management boxes - calendaring, task management/workflow, email and document management, accounting, and secure client communications via the portal. Integration with LawPay has also been helpful in getting paid quickly by those clients who prefer to pay by credit or debit card.

(Myself Only)

"Amazing, cost effective Practice Management SaaS Platform"

What do you like best?

Zola allows me to work from anywhere in the world and with a fraction of the overhead of many firms. As a solo practitioner, it is imperative that I be as efficient as possible and not having to have a separate admin assistant is such a cost savings and allows me to be more efficient for my clients. The platform has been amazing and I have already recommended to my colleagues, some of whom are now subscribers.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. At times the interface can feel crowded, and adding new features sometimes requires that I clear my cache. There are times that jumping from screen to screen can be slow. Further, when working to batch post a single check to multiple invoices I run into some issues.

I needed a single-platform for intake, matter management, timekeeping and billing that also allowed for flexibility for my different billing structures. I solved my problems for a fraction of the cost o having a dedicated resource.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I really liked the native email client. It seems like a big improvement over outlook plugins all the other platforms use. I also like the app, you can do just about anything on the app that you can do on your desktop.

What do you dislike?

The reporting features aren't quite as fleshed out as some of the other platforms I've been looking at. Our firm needs a very specific report, and while Zola offered to build the report for a small fee, they wanted us to sign up before they would build it and gave us a three month timeline.

Although we haven't decided which way we're going to go, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Zola to anyone who is considering a change to their legal software.

"Big firm software functionality at a reasonable price"

What do you like best?

The seamless integration with Gmail and Google Calendar makes using Zola a no-brainer if you already use Google products. The task management and deadline reminders are robust and provide options for reminders via email or SMS. This is an absolute lifesaver for my practice which has a large number of regular and sometimes recurring deadlines.

What do you dislike?

The sorting of emails appears to be manual only (not automatic via filters for tagging/sorting) - this can prove time consuming to sort emails manually to associate the emails with cases.

Zola helps to track deadlines and task assignments. The ability to assign tasks to other members of the firm and track the completion of those deadlines is a huge value-add to my firm.

"Easy to Use "

What do you like best?

I like that it is very easy to use. Self explanatory and unintimidating to use. We really didn't read any instructions or watched any videos, we just started using it and has been great so far. I love that it has built-in accounting, and your email can be synchronized and accessed from the suite. The ease between jumping from cases to billing, to email, and calendar is just so convenient.

What do you dislike?

I really like the software, but the only thing I haven't been too fond of is the calendar. It offers an instructional video but honestly haven't had the time to watch it. I'm sure the more I use it, the easier it'll get.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

We tried 3 other softwares and liked this one the most. We are a small firm, and it fits our needs perfectly.

We have gotten rid of QuickBooks and love the ease and convenience that all the users have access to see how much a client owes in a matter of seconds. We are able to send invoices to our clients through various ways.

We are also able to have the overall picture of how the firm is performing and which area of law is bringing in the most revenue - all in one place.

Associate Attorney
Law Practice

"Zola Customer Service is amazing!"

What do you like best?

My favorite feature on Zola is how quickly their support staff answers any technical questions that I may have. They're also very nice.

What do you dislike?

The only problem that I have encountered is an inability to specifically task people with things in seperate legal matters. It would be nice to be able to click on a matter and see where the firm is in the process, and see who is working on what and when. It may just be that I don't know how to do this yet, and not a fault of Zola at all.

We run a small firm using Zola. We handle all client matters within the software, and grant clients access to the software to make online payments.

"Zola makes my job easier and makes me more efficient."

What do you like best?

Using Zola has made me more organized, efficient, and mobile. I can assign tasks to paralegals and keep track of their work, I can quickly pull up any document in a client's file, and I can take the entire program with me on my phone or laptop to use in court. I use the calendar portion to keep track of my court dates and can access it easily from either the Zola app or have it work together with my phone's calendar.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the email search function because it just does not seem to actually search for the terms I write in the box. However, because I can assign emails to a matter, I am able to search that matter's correspondence tab and generally locate the missing email.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out!

Having a program that keeps track of clients' payments, the retainer, the trust accounts, as well as billing is far more effective than other programs I've seen. I don't have to spend an hour sorting out my billing for the day, nor do I have to spend time compiling a statement of time spent on a client's case for the clients. It does it all for me. When a client wants to see the work I've done on a case, I can send it in minutes.

Again, tasks are so incredibly useful. I can write a sticky note to my paralegal to do something on a case but completely forget about what I asked for or when. With tasks I don't have to do that. It's all on record.

(Myself Only)

"The experience keeps getting better"

What do you like best?

The software is very easy to use and very easy to figure out. As a solo practitioner, this piece of software is essential to my practice. It keeps me organized and on pace with what I need to do each and every day for my clients and for my business. I am sure that I am not using this software to its full potential. But, what I know is that what I am using, which is keeping notes on my cases, calendaring, keeping track of tasks, and most of all billing is keeping my business productive. I can pop open my laptop anywhere in the world and access Zola Suite. This gives me piece of mind.

What do you dislike?

I have been using this product for about one year now. I have not come across anything that I dislike about the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

At a prior law firm, I had used an earlier version of Clio. I liked that version. When looking for a practice management software solution for my firm, I went back to Clio. However, the new version that was being used was something that I did not recognize. I did not like the functionality of that software. As such, I started looking at other practice management solutions such as mycase. At about the same time, I believe Zola Suite was being released and I contacted them and started a trial version of the software solution. It completely fit into my practice. Everything that I needed was being addressed by it and it has continued to address each of my needs going forward.

All my billing information is in one place. I do not have to create a spreadsheet for all my trust account cases. I do not have to rely on word and excel documents. I love the ease of running invoices and bills for my clients and with its integration with lawpay, that is even better. Like I said before, this software has made me more productive as a business by having everything in one place.

Attorney/Owner
(Myself Only)

"Zola Suite Has Everything I Need to Run My Practice"

What do you like best?

Everything I need to run my practice is all in one place. Calendar, email, timekeeping, accounting! All from one app.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes things aren't as intuitive as I'd like, but the help center is well organized and I can always find my solutions there.

Zola is allowing me to focus on running my solo practice. I don't have to spend a lot of time learning a whole bunch of different software.

"User friendly at its best"

What do you like best?

The function and ease of use was great. The training provided was exceptional and really helped you be able to use comfortably within one day of use.

What do you dislike?

I initially disliked the lag time but discovered it was an office issue and not a Zola Suite issue.

The all in one billing, time keeping and files is amazing and really aids in great use of time and productivity.

Member

"Great platform with awesome customer service!"

What do you like best?

I love the built-in email viewer that allows you to save emails.

What do you dislike?

How there isn't one compressive page for each matter that shows a summary of everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Its comprehensive option that allows attorneys to organize matters with ease. Of course, you need your employees to buy into all of the features.

It allows me as a manage my associates with ease.

UL

"Great software for case management "

What do you like best?

Zola is fairly easy to use. I really enjoy the accessibility of the software and the ability to use it in multiple locations. It seemed that most case management software was pricey and could only be used on site, in the office. I can access Zola from an app on my phone. I also like the customizable features in time entries and on the matter page.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there was a better tickler system and that the “create a time entry” on an event was more reliable.

It has allowed our office to have a centralized location to have case/matter notes that everyone can access anywhere. It helps when there’s a problem that comes up when an assigned attorney is out of the office.

(Myself Only)

"Responsive, Personalized Service Makes This a Great Product, Especially for Smaller Firms"

What do you like best?

Incredibly quick and efficient responses to tech support and troubleshooting questions, very responsive to requests for improvements and features to software, and constant updates to reflect user input and improve practices

What do you dislike?

Perhaps not as powerful and feature-laden as some of the case management software out there, but not a big issue for a solo practice like me. Some functionality is unwieldy or awkward, especially at first, and frequent updates do also mean frequent bugs.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great product if you don't need complicated features and excessive bells and whistles and value personalized, responsive service. The ability to have concrete input into improvements that actually get implemented is the best part of this product.

Case management and bookkeeping, big savings in terms of efficiency and time spent

(Myself Only)

"Easy to use- all in one practice management!"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to control everything from one dashboard. It is really easy to save emails to a file or assign tasks; build invoices and manage trust accounts. I have tried other software and I love Zola Suite - it is intuitive and easy to set up.

What do you dislike?

I think that manually entering time and closing out invoices could be done in fewer steps.

The ability to prioritize and save emails right from my inbox was huge! Document automation is also a big help and time saver!

President

"So far its great!"

What do you like best?

Functionality, email, customer service, updating regularly to customer needs

What do you dislike?

Cost, it is a little more than the competition, but it should work out with the features I like.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give em a call, they were very helpful

Starting a new firm and its my first, Zola seems intuitive and has been great so far.

Part-Time Professor

"Everything I wanted!"

What do you like best?

Outlook syncs to Zolasuite and saves client emails into client folders and provides option to send emails securely within Zolasuite. Tasks function allows for multiple sub-steps.

What do you dislike?

Zolasuite rearranged my Outlook email folders so that all subfolders became main folders.

I am eager to use the referral source tracking over time functions.

Attorney-Founder

"Quality Practice Management Software that is improving all the time. "

What do you like best?

Zola Suite does a great job capturing all of my billable time. The best thing about it is the e-mail integration that helps make sure all of my e-mails show up on my billing statements.

What do you dislike?

Needs more Mac integrations. The software is better on a PC at this time since the plugins don't work on Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Try it out.

It helps me capture time and has full accounting software which is a big savings.

Zola Suite User Ratings

9.3
Ease of Setup
Average: 8.2*
* Legal Practice Management Category
Do you work for Zola Suite?