Workday Recruiting

Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance, HR, and planning that delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the worlds largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies.

Work for Workday Recruiting?

Learning about Workday Recruiting?

Workday Recruiting Reviews

Ask Workday Recruiting a Question
Showing 16 Workday Recruiting reviews
Workday Recruiting review by User

"Not the best for candidate progression"

What do you like best?

I like how you can easy see notes within your reqs, you can reassign roles within the req, you can search for candidates, etc. In some ways Workday is really great and simple.

What do you dislike?

Workday is not designed for recruiting purposes. It lacks very basic possibilities. When you see a candidate has applied to multiple reqs you don't have the opportunity to look at notes on the candidate from other reqs without having to manually click in to each one individually.

I also don't like how you can't dismiss tasks in your inbox. Things get incorrectly assigned all the time and then you have hundreds of irrelevant notifications in your inbox that you can't dismiss -- keeping you from the tasks that you actually need to complete.

I think it would be helpful if you could search candidates by phone number as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using Workday for the sole purpose of recruiting and candidate tracking, I would look into other platforms first. It is great for other business needs but it is not the best for recruiting.

It is a centralized hub for all recruiting information. It does not have all the capabilities that I wish it had but it still can be nice to have everything in one place.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Workday Recruiting
Workday Recruiting review by Ainsley S.
Ainsley S.

"Love my Job"

What do you like best?

The best job I ever had was one I discovered through Workday. The university where I got my bachelors degree used Workday to manage on-campus employees. I was a tutor for the Philosophy Department for 2 years. The only reason I no longer work at that job is because I had to move to a different city. I would definitely be interested in using Workday again.

What do you dislike?

Clocking in and out was a bit cumbersome at first, but it didn't take long to get the hang of it.

Prior to Workday, students at the university primarily found out about on-campus jobs through word of mouth or poster advertisements. When students got on-campus jobs, all documentation of time worked was done via pencil and paper. Workday allowed advertising and documentation to be more effective, streamlined, and reliable.

What Applicant Tracking System (ATS) solution do you use?

Workday Recruiting review by Nayana P.
Nayana P.

"Workday Application"

What do you like best?

Easy to navigate and user friendly interface. It also provides a mobile version. Excellent report capability with options to expose report as a service. It comes with a lot of options to integrate with a third party.

What do you dislike?

The workday community site is bit confusing. The search dosent appear according to the relevant data. The seamless cloud platform they offer comes with a cost. Not suitable for small companies.

Ease of entering work time and time off requests. I am able to revise my profile and timings and submit it to my supervisor. An employee can see his all year performance, his role in the organization, his profile, training, skills all in one place.

Workday Recruiting review by User

"Workday is the future of recruiting"

What do you like best?

I love the functionality of this program. It's ease to teach employees how to use, and to download onto devices to use whenever, wherever.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it was such a hard transition teaching managers to recruit through workday versus the taleo program we were used to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, it will take lots of coaching to launch, but after it is ironed out, people will realize the potential!

We are closing the gap between managers and candidates when recruiting by allowing more access and visibility to the managers. Instead of HR or admin doing all the head work the managers now get more access to recruit more often and when it best fits business needs. The benefits are EXTREMELY difficult to see when you first launch a program, but after 5 months of utilizing, it now allows more functionality to employees by the downloadable application on mobile devices.

Workday Recruiting review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Great Software!"

What do you like best?

I loved how easy it was to track candidates progression and move them to and from different categories. It was so easy to move someone from phone interview to in person interview, or reject them out right. You could easily see all of the candidates you were reviewing for a certain position in one place.

What do you dislike?

Navigating from the homepage was a little challenging when I was first figuring out how to use this software. My supervisor had to walk me through step by step to get to the place where you move the candidates through, but once you got to the place you were looking for, it was easy to navigate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get past the initial learning curve and navigating from the home page, it is a fantastic user friendly resource to administrate and track candidates profiles!

You are solving the problem of keeping recruiting candidates organized and concise. It is a huge benefit to see and track where a candidate is in one database.

Workday Recruiting review by User in Research
User in Research

"Favorite Recruiting Software to Use and Experience"

What do you like best?

Workday is hands-down my favorite recruiting software/internal job board I have experienced. From the company side, workday has a professional interface that is very user-friendly and allows companies to stay up-to-date on candidates both internally and externally. From the applicant side, Workday is always a relief to see. It is simple and straightforward (unlike some of those convoluted application boards I have come across frequently in various job searches). I also liked the ability to have some parts of any previous application carried over to another application at the same company. Big time saver on both corporate and applicant side.

What do you dislike?

As an outside applicant, I found myself wishing that one Workday account/application would carry over between companies like an account of your own instead of separate accounts between companies (kind of like a LihnkedIn account), but not a big deal. From the company perspective, the ease of use was wonderful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a consistent, adaptable, and user-friendly user software, you will not be disappointed. I rarely (if ever) have experienced glitches with the software from a user POV, so I definitely recommend looking into this product to see if it fits in with your company's needs.

Compilation of job postings into one straightforward platform and having the application process synchronized across departments. It also allows us to email internal employees to give them early access to the job posting internally either for themselves or to refer others within their network.

Workday Recruiting review by Nick S.
Nick S.

"Great referrals are here1"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to refer outside hires from the system. Multiple ways to do it and send them the link as well as put it to your network!

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a bit more granular in terms of tracking the referral. I wish I could see the internal status' in more detail.

Referrals increase within the company and it costs less to hire when the candidates come to us!

Workday Recruiting review by Administrator

"Workday Recruiting"

What do you like best?

I like that its an easy way to keep track of your candidates that are in the loop and what stage that are at in the process. I think it helps keep more people on the same page.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it is too many steps when a candidate is applying. I know we can choose the process but sometimes too many steps you start losing people.

We are trying to solve filling more internal positions more efficiently. I have realized that we are more on the same page where we don't have to consistently be asking where certain people are in the process and just know by looking them up.

Workday Recruiting review by User

"I love the last update of WorkDay website"

What do you like best?

I love that they reorganized all the buttons on the website and not it is really easy to find pay, time, and payment elections.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I go to the old URL and the whole website gets messed up. It is nice that they updated the website, however, they should do some kind of redirection for that.

Managing time of employees, submitting it and approving it in the system.

Workday Recruiting review by User in Computer Software

"Workday recruiting does a satisfactory job for Talent acquisition"

What do you like best?

Workday recruiting finally gets rid of the excel sheet tracking and captures all the details that were previously collected & remained with each person on the candidate journey.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a bit too fancy or in other words feels a bit heavy. I primarily use it on web.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are still fiddling with excel sheets, then you need to consider workday recruiting.

Essentially testing out the workday solution for recruiting to see how that stacks up against our internal system.

Workday Recruiting review by Daniel W.
Daniel W.

"Very easy to use. "

What do you like best?

I think workday recruiting has been very helpful in setting up and processing hires. I haven't had any issues.

What do you dislike?

Perhaps support is slow to respond. That would be my only concern.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

Recruiting - applicant training, processing, setup, etc.

Workday Recruiting review by User

"Easy to Manage All Staff"

What do you like best?

Easy to manage, easy to see everything in one place

What do you dislike?

Interface could use some sprucing-up - some difficulty interfacing with other systems

All employee data in one place accessible by all who need it

Workday Recruiting review by User in Information Technology and Services

"New Work Day"

What do you like best?

mobile app and ease of use platform excelent mobile app

What do you dislike?

there is not much not to like excelent new player in the space

Recommendations to others considering the product

I found it to be a great new solution in the space

Big benefit to the human resource teams and management of organiztion

"Workday recruitment "

What do you like best?

Workday recruitment is easy to use and is structured well with logical flow

What do you dislike?

Nothing much it has all the basic requirements for recruitment

Hiring is critical for the business function and getting req approvals needs to happen fast

Workday Recruiting review by User in Financial Services

"Recruiting "

What do you like best?

Easy to use when receiving, storing, and reviewing applications.

What do you dislike?

It is user friendly and easy to navigate, so nothing to dislike.

Recruiting records all in one place and accessibility for those areas needing to access is convenient.

"Great software"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, flows directly to the HCM system

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it's been great to use and relatively easy to configure

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product

Stopped managing recruiting and onboarding out of multiple systems.

Learning about Workday Recruiting?

* We monitor all Workday Recruiting reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.