Updox Reviews & Product Details

Updox Overview

What is Updox?

With over 470k users, 68k physicians, 150 million patients and 150+ EHR integrations, Updox empowers physicians, pharmacists and other healthcare providers and staff to be more efficient and effective. We provide HIPAA-compliant electronic fax, secure text & SMS, video chat, patient reminders, broadcast messaging and so much more.

Updox Details

Engage patients, simplify provider communication and eliminate redundant workflows all through a single application.

While many healthcare solutions provide individual products, Updox gives you a single platform to manage everything - all in one Inbox - and improve communication. Access your system from anywhere, on any device. We simplify the business of healthcare.

Updox
2009
Dublin, Ohio
@updox

Updox Videos

Updox Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the Updox community
Have you used Updox before?

Updox Reviews

Showing 18 Updox reviews
Already have Updox?
What do you like best?

Secure messaging, digital forms, scheduling through the patient portal, extremely easy to find anything for any patient just by searching.

Auto-tagging and using queues makes everything exceptionally streamlined and accessible to the necessary people. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Not able to integrate with all systems but that is not necessarily a drawback as we can use it for other tasks, as well. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get to know the ins and outs. Play with it under a test user and learn all the features. It can be “integrated” with any system when you know how easy it is to use features built in to Updox and tailor it for your business needs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patient outreach, paperless forms, being able to deliver results in a HIPAA-compliant manner that is auditable.while it doesn’t integrate with everything, because it is web-based, it’s very easy to click here and there to make it work best for you.

The ability for patients to access their information conveniently when they need to, contact us, or ask general questions has vastly improved compliance and building better relationships with our patients.

I think one of the most overlooked features is the ability to upload signatures and sign documents without ever touching paper. We have almost completely eliminated the need to print, sign and fax documents, patient notes, MTM, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Updox is inked to my EMR so I don't have to do double data entry, I like the waiting room but not used it yet, I like that I can start a video chat right from the patient's encounter, I like that I am able to download a PDF of the video chat right to the EMR. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

If I accidentally click the button to delete the video chat record, it's gone forever. No "Are you sure you want to delete" button. On the video chat screen, I wish my face was moveable to another location on the screen. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a patient help desk for trouble with logging on Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UPdox allows me to private text message my patients. It also allows me to private video chat with patients. Never realized how seamless it is to have EMR integrated with Updox would be Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Hi Peggy, thanks so much for this feedback! I've passed along the request for those specific Video Chat enhancements to our product team.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and ease for patient's. There are no apps for them to download, all they have to do is "accept" and the visit begins. You can also take pictures and attach to the patient's EMR chart. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

That the visits do not automatically link to the patients chart. You have to manually import each visit which is time consuming. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Updox is really easy to use. I have done well over 700 visits and still using. Patients like it as they do not need to download anything. It is secure and meets HIPPA requirements. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Occasionally there is a loss of link. This problem was solved by clearing my "cach" . Benefits have been I have been able to stay in business and accessible to patients. It really is an easy system to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Thanks Tabitha, really appreciate the feedback and very happy to hear that telehealth has made an impact both for your business and for your patients. Will definitely pass along the feedback regarding the manual work required for adding the visit to the chart.

AP
What do you like best?

We like the ability to workflow incoming documents and tag them to their respective departments. The texting features are great for our pharmacy. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

We wish Updox would integrate with our Pioneer Rx pharmacy software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure they integrate well with your business needs. Pharmacy software companies often have great integrations with similar providers. Computer Rx integrates well with Updox, Pioneer Rx does not. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Fax workflow greatly improved. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AH
What do you like best?

Secure messaging and text templates, the Ability to add patients to the waiting room. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The video connection takes a while to get connected. We don't have a lot of experience on the patient side but we hear a lot from patients that they are having problems getting connected. or sometime Patient tells us that on the website it says that they are waiting on a doctor but we don't them online on our end, Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

sync with our patient demographics Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

none Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, trained my providers in less than 10 minutes Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Would like to have a NOTE field so I can leave information to my provider so they know the level of communication available to the patient - some have phones with no video so my provider needs to know its a phone call only Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Our clinic is closed so Updox is allowing us to utilize Telemedicine. The benefit is that when we re open we can still have a hybrid of Telemedicine and live clinic visits Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Thanks Elaine, happy to hear Telemedicine has been a useful addition for you and your practice. I'll pass along the feedback regarding a note field, great suggestion!

AH
What do you like best?

This is an easy product to use. I have been with them from the beginning and it only keeps getting better. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing in this product that I dislike. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Seriously check this product, it is totally worth the money. I have been with them since the beginning, the product keeps improving. The company takes constructive criticism and the support is excellent. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Patient notifications, patient payments, secure portal, messaging, video chat, blast messaging. Managing phone, fax and email. Chart improts. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Thanks, Naureen! Always great to hear from a long time Updox-er like yourself.

What do you like best?

That there is no additional download needed for either the patient or the doctor. It is easy to use on either end and can be used over the phone or on the computer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could record parts of the interview for record keeping. The screenshot is helpful but sometimes the doctor would like to have more record of the visit. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are on the fence I would definitely choose updox as it is so easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We are solving the current pandemic problems of seeing patients remotely. We are having less no show patients because of the ease of software. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Great solutions for our changing "normal". Telehealth is changing the way we do business and partnering with UpDox has made things easy and seamless. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if UpDox integrated with our scheduling program so we did not have to enter them in both programs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Updox is easy to use and implementation was simple. Customer service and trainers were great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have been able to open up more time to see new patients by handling follow up visits via telehealth. We also have been able to reduce the risk to our compromised patients. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Updox has allowed us to eliminate fax machines. It was a godsend during COVID as we implemented video chat and texting. Video chat was extremely easy to implement and easy for all providers to use. We use texting to communicate with patients as they wait in cars. Works great! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Configuring filters is somewhat confusing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We were immediately able to incorporate telehealth and set up the workflow using texting for patients waiting in cars. We've definitely seen a cost savings by eliminating paper faxing as well as better efficiency in workflow. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Hi Rose, the team here at Updox is enthused to hear that texting and Video Chat made a positive impact not only for your practice but the safety of patients during COVID. Thank you for sharing that! If you ever need any assistance with configuring filters, please feel free to reach out to your account manager for suggestions.

AM
What do you like best?

Updox makes it easy to keep in contact with client using a secure platform. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish Updox would make an all-in-one product including email marketing and an EHR system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Attend your one-on-one training to take advantage of all the features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Updox made it easier to keep clients engaged. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease of sending and receiving faxes and email blasts Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I wish the video platform was included in the regular fee Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I was having an issue with my physical fax machine at the office so this solves that problem. Also, since doing mostly telemedicine from my home office, it has been terrific receiving and sending faxes without having to go to the office. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed along your comment regarding Video Chat and the packaging of services. We're also super pleased to hear that remote faxing has made a positive impact on your work/home life!

What do you like best?

The fax server works great to get documents to the patients chart, requires assignment in UpDox Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The telehealth visit documentation part is very generic. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Good for a starting practice Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Great as a fax server and getting records into a patients chart. The additional telemedicine part was helpful at a key juncture Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

I appreciate how easily updox is incorporated into our EHR Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I have not had any issues or concerns that haven’t been easily addressed Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Very easy to use and usually integrated into our EHR Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

They have allowed us to seamlessly integrate telehealth visits into our offices workflow Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Thanks Jimmy, happy to hear Updox has been a seamless addition to your regular workflow!

AH
What do you like best?

The uploading and faxing feature is the best. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike. It confirms appointments and emails. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes I would recommend to others.Get it. It is easy to use. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

One system for almost everything. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AM
What do you like best?

Reliability and ease of use. The support is really good. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Nothing in particular. My EHR vendor should be offering these things directly, but that’s not the fault of UpDox Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Updox has delivered a great solution for us Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We’ve been able to solve the problem of too many patient no-shows while at the same time reducing staff burden. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Thrilled to hear you've seen a noticeable impact on no-show rates and a reduction of burden on staff!

What do you like best?

I like how we can edit documents. I like how it saves paper. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how long it takes documents to upload at times. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I have realized how easy it is to use and train people on it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Response from Taylor Weese of Updox

Happy to hear you've been able to cut back on paper! If you notice any ongoing issues with document upload times in the future, please give us a shout so we can look into it for you.

CM
What do you like best?

easy to work on both sides, excellent service Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

need to log on different way to transfer data Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE IT VERY USE AND AFFORDABLE Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

now log on my EMR Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.