Rentec Direct Reviews & Product Details

What is Rentec Direct?

Rentec Direct serves as a web-based, full-featured management system for landlords and property managers that is designed to suit the needs of those managing properties between 25 and 5,000 units. Rentec has no startup fees, no term commitments, and includes unlimited US-based customer service and training. Key features of Rentec Direct include general ledger accounting and financial reporting with optional Quickbooks synchronization; online portals for tenants and owners; a custom website and website hosting to promote your company and properties online; tracking of work orders; automated ACH and credit card payment processing; syndication of vacancy listings; online rental applications; electronic signatures with DocuSign; electronic 1099 filing; utility billing integration; and tenant background screening for credit, criminal, and eviction records. Rentec has strict bank-grade security standards in place to protect client data, including 2-factor authentication, third party security verification, and real-time secure data backup. The software is compatible on Windows and Mac operating systems as well as various mobile devices.

Rentec Direct Screenshots

Rentec Direct Reviews

1-4 of 4 total Rentec reviews

Rentec Direct Reviews

1-4 of 4 total Rentec reviews

"Rental Management software "

What do you like best?

I like that the software can keep all the information on my rental properties in one place, and help me manage the issues surrounding rentals. It tracks the tenants, and the work needed for each unit. It also has a good tenant screening feature.

What do you dislike?

I have issues with the way that Rentec manages adding new tenants to a unit. It is difficult to change one tenant for another. I also do not use the expense tracking features, since I use quickbooks to manage that part.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a good system. I use a third party expense management system (quickbooks) for the finances, but for tracking the rents, and managing the rentals and work done to the units, it is a good system.

I started using the system to manage my rental properties, and to communicate with my handyman who works on several different properties at the same time for me. I also use the included tenant screening features

Investor
Real Estate

"Feature Rich and Inexpensive"

What do you like best?

Rentec makes my job a breeze. The software contains pretty much everything I need to run my business. The accounting platform for managing my properties is nice and easy to learn. The built in tenant screening makes it easy for me to screen potential tenants, and the built in ACH gives me a hands off approach to rent collection.

Another useful feature is how they automatically publish my vacancies to my website, they even provide me a website for free now (which I haven't yet used, but the demo looked really cool). They also publish my vacancies to sites like Zillow, Trulia, Rent.com and a bunch of others as well. When I have a vacancy, with Rentec's help I get it filled extremely fast.

Finally, I'll say their customer support is A+. I've never had trouble reaching a live human, they speak my language, and know their software really well. I call often and can request the same person, who knows my setup very well.

What do you dislike?

In the past it seemed like features took a while to develop, but lately they have been rolling out lots of new stuff. As such, no dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They offer a free trial. Use it and see if you like the product as much as me.

The software saves me time, simple as that. I don't have to process cash and checks anymore because most of my tenants automatically pay online via ACH. For the few properties I manage for others, I can give them owner access to the account to view the property performance.

My tenants get to login and use their portal provided by Rentec for checking their account balance, paying their rent, and submitting maintenance requests. It's really convenient for them and me.

UR

"Great software; Easy to use; Easy to learn"

What do you like best?

Rentec is great. I use the software for properties we have in Florida and it is easy to use, comprehensive and all encompassing. Great for property management.

What do you dislike?

There are some advanced functions that Rentec does not have, but this is not a deal breaker.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give Rentec a try. You will not be disappointed. Great software for property management.

Managing multiple property with this software. Helps with leases, evictions, etc. The benefit is that all our information is organized and streamlined.

Senior Accountant
Real Estate
(10,001+ employees)

"Rentec Direct User for 3 Years"

What do you like best?

The software is very affordable per unit and you are able to have multiple properties. The additional customizations that they have added over the past years are a huge benefit and they even send you a summary quarterly of all the updates that have taken place.

What do you dislike?

The product does not display much financial reporting and does not tie into QuickBooks or Quicken.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Always call their support line if you do not understand something. Katherine slowly got to know me through so many questions that i had for her.

Keeping track of multiple tenants all at the same time

There are not enough reviews of Rentec Direct for G2 to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Yardi Voyager Logo
Yardi Voyager
4.0
Yardi Voyager is an end-to-end platform combining financial and property management information in a single, centralized database with mobile access to execute leasing, provide resident services, view dashboards, and complete tasks from smartphones and tablets.
AppFolio Property Manager Logo
AppFolio Property Manager
AppFolio Property Manager is an all-in-one property management software that allows apartment, residential, commercial, student housing, and community association managers to more effectively market, manage and grow their business.
Buildium Logo
Buildium
Property accounting, online and fee payments, and maintenance requests. Property Management Software.
LeaseHawk Logo
LeaseHawk
LeaseHawk is a platform that helps to monitor and manage all communications of the leasing process to accelerate lease conversion.
Building Engines Logo
Building Engines
Building Engines helps you take control of building operations and tenant service by automating the hundreds of tasks through a single integrated platform.
RealPage Logo
RealPage
3.9
RealPage's OneSite Leasing & Rents is an end-to-end, web-based property management software solution used by various types of multifamily property management companies to manage the complete renter lifecycle.
ResMan Logo
ResMan
4.7
ResMan, a cloud-based residential management application, provides the core solutions required for effective property management.
Rent Manager Logo
Rent Manager
Rent Manager is a powerful property management and accounting tool.
On-Site Logo
On-Site
On-Site.com provides a software-as-a-service platform that streamlines the process of renting an apartment, from listing to lease and everything in between including websites, advertising, lead management, online applications, background checks, payments and e-signatures.
Entrata Logo
Entrata
3.9
Entrata is a software that provides property management for the multifamily housing industry.

Rentec Direct Pricing