Do you work for Oracle PeopleSoft?

PeopleSoft Reviews & Product Details

What is PeopleSoft?

Oracle's PeopleSoft applications are designed to address the most complex business requirements. They provide comprehensive business and industry solutions, enabling organizations to increase productivity, accelerate business performance, and provide a lower cost of ownership.

PeopleSoft Screenshots

PeopleSoft Profile Details

PeopleSoft Profile Details

Oracle
Description
Oracle Corporation develops, manufactures, markets, hosts, and supports database and middleware software, applications software, and hardware systems.
1977

PeopleSoft Reviews

1-50 of 518 total Oracle PeopleSoft reviews

PeopleSoft Reviews

1-50 of 518 total Oracle PeopleSoft reviews
Oracle PeopleSoft review by Satabdi R.
PeopleSoft Accounts Payable Enhancement and Maintenance at Goldman Sachs
(10,001+ employees)

"PeopleSoft Financials as Enterprise Finance Management"

What do you like best?

I have worked on PeopleSoft as a techno-functional analyst and now I am an end user managing the general ledger of a bank in PeopleSoft General Ledger module. It is a very user friendly application with simple user interface and neither complex or flashy to use. Also the delivered functionality provided by PeopleSoft is very much efficient to use for any multinational company and the maintenance of the product is very cheap as from the latest version 9.2 it doesn't require a project to be carried out to upgrade to newer version.

What do you dislike?

there is nothing much to dislike about the product except the fact that it is not well integrated with cloud. But one thing good about ot beign on cloud is it can be customized to the level a user wants.

I use PeopleSoft for core accounting management through PeopleSoft General Ledger. It has a very good accounting functionality with well manageable functional configuration. It also has good reporting functionality for audit purposes.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Treena Nicole F.
Associate Administrative Assistant
(10,001+ employees)

"Easy to Use Accounting & Payroll Software"

What do you like best?

I have been using PeopleSoft at multiple companies, and I am always satisfied with its ease of use, user-friendly layouts, and reliability. I currently use PeopleSoft primarily for entering and processing payment for invoices, as well as to keep track of time, benefits, and to receive pay. I very much like that the platform is consistent across all systems I am using (HR, Payroll, Finances, etc) so I can easily navigate regardless of what role I am taking.

What do you dislike?

There is not much I dislike about PeopleSoft. The software could offer more personalization, such as custom layouts, colors, fonts, quicklinks etc. However, it does a fantastic job for being such a global tool. Action items are easy to identify. The sheer amount of information that can be stored and shared across departments, agencies, etc. makes PeopleSoft a valuable database system.

The sheer amount of tools available via the PeopleSoft software is enormous. It is great to be able to use one platform for all my financial services and human resources needs. Being able to streamline out payroll approval process has resulted in fewer payroll errors, and thus, reprocessing. This in turn lowers are expenses and makes for happier employees on all ends.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Megan F.
Executive Secretary for Student Services
Primary/Secondary Education

"Data Challenged"

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft is very customizable. I've used Peoplesoft at two separate colleges and each college was able to really customize the program to fit their specifications.

Paychecks are easily accessed, as are other tax forms, and HR management forms. Having one kind of system to manage all the items we have makes it easy and consistent for users.

What do you dislike?

The biggest issue I have with PeopleSoft is the ability to track data successfully and accurately. Reports we've tried to run have been extremely inaccurate and aren't pulling the correct data. For example, when pulling student reports, we've run into issues getting all students to show up on the report. When examining what could have gone run, everything appears to be correct, yet, the students don't show up on the report. Furthermore, there is not an easy way to eliminate duplicates out of the system, which is hard when students don't accurately enter their name (which happens way more than anyone would expect it to!)

Additionally, some of the menus are a bit confusing. In the HR system, it is difficult to find true balances of vacation, enter in time and request vacation/time off. It makes it frustrating as an employee.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say that if you are looking at PeopleSoft, consider what you're hoping to get from it and then customize it to your needs!

We have many students that apply, so it's nice to be able to have a system that can handle the number of students we have. Additionally, by integrating the HR system and the application system, we have less software to manage and update.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by madison s.
Administrative Assistant
Consumer Goods

""Easy to use payroll software""

What do you like best?

The aspects that we like most is how wonderful is the customer service. They are really patient and will explain things to you until you understand them and will also help you answer any questions. They also rush to inform you if your refund request was approved or rejected or if you need to provide additional information. Excellent.

What do you dislike?

It is a software completely easy to use and direct. We can process personal claims quickly and effectively in a matter of minutes. It's everything we've been waiting for a long time. We really do not have anything to say against this product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a program that has saved time and money for our company PeopleKeep allows employees to easily add health reimbursements at the touch of a button. The platform is simple and very easy to use. The chat feature is useful if you or your employee may have additional questions. If you are looking for a platform with these features this is what you need, we highly recommend it.

We needed a system that would help us administer our QSEHRA, so that it would save our administrative staff time. We can use PeopleKeep instead of dealing with the additional cost of the hours that we would otherwise spend dealing with all the paperwork. Without hesitation, that impelled us to change to this wonderful software and leave behind the previous one.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Klorissa K.
Learning Facilitator
Hospital & Health Care

"Super Meh"

What do you like best?

I like that I know how to use it and that it gets the job done.

What do you dislike?

Oh boy. For a frame of reference here: my company uses PeopleSoft for Finances and Expense Reports

1. This is the slowest solution. It takes YEARS to add a new row to your expense report.

2. It is INCREDIBLY finicky. Don't think about entering in two amounts at once or hitting the backspace button one too many times. Best case scenario... you get the wheel of death. Worst case scenario... you lose your entire expense report and have to start over.

3. It's not very intuitive. I have been using it for 2+ years and I'm still not confident how to adjust approved reports or how to find things. And I work in IT software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Honestly - If your using this for Expenses, I would look elsewhere.

We use this as a platform to complete financial expense reports. I guess it's itemized which makes it easier on our team for auditing.

"Old as Stone"

What do you like best?

This system is a great tool for tracking hires, applications, candidates, and most importantly creating offer letters.

It makes hiring process easy in terms of having everything under one roof and everything documented and tracked in a system rather than manually.

It is a one stop shop but this does not qualify it to be a great ATS tool.

What do you dislike?

It is so old and outdated. There is no click back button and if you happen to click back, you will lose everything.

It is slow to process an action as simple as accessing a requisition. The wheel just keeps circling in the middle of the screen for a good 15-20 seconds.

It needs Adobe Flash to function and if for some reason Adobe is not running properly on your PC, then good luck!

It is a "one-click" process at a time, meaning you cannot access the job description (JD) while still on a candidate’s profile. You would have to exit then access JD then go back to filter through the list of candidates to continue what you were working on. There is no option for "previously viewed" items

In today’s technology, this ATS cannot be accessed via mobile and not web browser friendly either. In terms of accessing via Chrome and wanting to download a resume or an offer letter, you will be unable to do so and you will get a loading error option. Next step is to save the document in order to be able to download it. This is not the case for IE as it allows you to automatically download the document without the extra step provided within Chrome.

Great for offer letter creation and having all applicants in one place.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Patsy F.
Account Manager

""Simple to Use Accounting and Payroll Software""

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is truly adaptable. PeopleSoft has a ton of highlights that enable your business to go significantly more productively. This would incorporate mechanized highlights that enable you to enter data all the more proficiently with regards to redundant data. Checks are effectively gotten to, as are other tax documents, and HR the board shapes. Having one sort of framework to deal with every one of the things we have makes it simple and reliable for clients.

What do you dislike?

Expensive for Mid- companies but worth the price though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exceptionally recommend it for basic simple to utilize finance and advantages the executives.

We use Peoplesoft for bookkeeping and the gathering of mineral income for our business. We can follow consumptions and run inquiries the questions help us measure how a lot of cash is coming in, who has the most undertakings, what divisions have more work, and so on.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Vishal G.

"Peoplesoft - stuck in the past"

What do you like best?

I like the inherent workflows in Peoplesoft. It served the purpose in the past when ERP and HCM sofware was in its infancy but over time better, more user friendly software has just elevated the experience of users, developers and admins. Peoplesoft has a lot of catching up to do to not end up being another one of Oracle's acquired companies to end up in the dustbin

Navigation

Not optimized for mobile

Not cloud based

Huge gap between the user experience of Peoplesoft compared to other products like Workday

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to look for other cloud based solutions which are more user friendly, offer similar workflows and features and do not come with the headache of upgrade cycles, release management, planned shutdowns and all the problems associated with on premise software

Human Capital Management and related processes, Enterprise Resource Planning and related processes

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User

"Simple User Interface/Complex Steps"

What do you like best?

Interface is very user-friendly. I find it easy to navigate between sections and various areas. Compared to our previous software, I feel like this program has many more functions. So far, we have been able to consolidate a laundry list of tasks into one platform.

What do you dislike?

I specifically dislike the timesheet area. It is very confusing. There are too many tabs and sections. I do not like the "waterfall" capability in which leave time starts with comp and uses that first over annual or sick time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient. It takes time to learn and navigate the system. Overall, it seems to be useful and has the potential to help your organization handle various needs under one platform.

Enables users to manage time, payroll, and employee leave in one area. It simplifies HR tasks and allows for employees to feel more in control of their profiles.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Lakhan M.
Head Of Department
Banking

"Problem Solver"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is a software made for every company. Every department is now connected via this online PeopleSoft portal. Performance can be tracked and hence actions can be taken to improve the employee's performance and efficiency accordingly. The company can be well managed and administration becomes easy. Also, due to various checks and approvals in between, chances of theft are almost removed.

What do you dislike?

I think the portal of PeopleSoft can be improved by adding a bit more graphics and rich media. It gets boring if someone is constantly using this software after some time. PeopleSoft is also a bit expensive to purchase but will surely be worth your investment

Recommendations to others considering the product

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! This software will surely do wonders for your company. PeopleSoft helps employees in every department. An ideal software built for all use. Accounts, Finance, Sales, HR etc. Easy to keep a track of your business without many checks and balances. HR department however has the best advantage

PeopleSoft is used throughout my company. From a HR executive to a Sales Director. Everything is now done via the PeopleSoft online Portal. Being the head of the HR department in a major bank, I have to oversee a lot of things happening in my company. From tracking application status to the payroll of every employee, I have to manage a lot of things. Due to everything being online, chances of fraud are completely mitigated creating more transparency in the company

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Karim K.
Manager
Higher Education

"A complete business tool"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft is an extremely important tool for businesses. A notification can be sent to employees, need for signatures could be reduced and as everything is online, timely and accurate information could be shared among all. At Deloitte, I can assure you, our company may have saved thousands of trees just by saving paper and using PeopleSoft for any announcement, memo, notification or report. Along with this, one of the most important feature is the accessibility from anywhere whether in or off-office/campus.

What do you dislike?

Many a times, I have seen PeopleSoft's software getting crash if there are a a lot of users logging in/using the software at the same time. This causes a huge problem in terms of communication as well. As the company I'm working in employs hundred of employees throughout Pakistan, the software slows down and needs to be refreshed. Using PeopleSoft on your handheld device is also unpredictable. Sometimes it works perfectly on my phone and sometimes, the software can't be accessed on my mobile phone. This creates uncertainty and unreliability.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Universities should for sure have this system in their use. Companies

The first time I was made aware of PeopleSoft was when I was in my university. PeopleSoft was an excellent tool for students. Everything relating to our academics could be found on this platform. CGPA, finances, enrollment etc. Any announcements or assignments by our teachers could even be found here. It was a universal tool for all students.

In my Corporate life, PeopleSoft helped immensely by automating various HR practices enabling better HRM and timely reporting. Through ERP, I was able to measure the performance of employees thus enhancing workforce quality and further, removing any biasness in my department/team

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Alexandra P.
Administrative Assistant II
(5001-10,000 employees)

"A bit of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

Once I learned how to use the software, I was able to run queries and reports with ease. I like that the purchases and expended money are all easy to keep track of.

What do you dislike?

There is a learning curve and it required extensive training for me to truly understand how to use PeopleSoft. Sometimes it takes a while for the reports to load, especially when there are a lot of other people trying to run reports at the same time. The text on the reports could be a little bit bigger, but that's just my preference.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a learning curve and it helps to have someone who is an expert in this software to train you.

Tracking our budgets and running requisitions. I enjoy the fact that it is easy to go back and take a look at requisitions that I have run that have not been completed.

"Oracle CRM Review "

What do you like best?

I like that the search functions on Oracle CRM are so vast. There are a variety of ways in which you can search for a particular parent account, account relationships, and the contacts within CRM. Furthermore, there are highly specific search methods to refine searches when utilizing these functions, which is very helpful when there are numerous accounts and customers that could appear from a particular search. For example, you can search for accounts in different locations, regions, countries, etc. which is a very important distinction when making account relationships. Lastly, I like how there is a recently viewed tab in CRM that allows me to pull up any of the recent accounts I was working with -- this helps me cut down quite a bit of time in the day as I am frequently working with the same few accounts.

What do you dislike?

I think there are some aspects to Salesforce that CRM could adopt. For example, some sort of audit history that is more specific to a recent trail of the modifications that have been made. I know there is already this component, but as someone who frequently looks into audit trails, I think this aspect on Oracle CRM is still lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it!

I use the customer relationship management (CRM) component of people soft to identify different account and customer relationships. In addition, I also look into vendor, customer, and representative relationships on CRM. CRM holds all the data to quickly and efficiently search for these relationships as well as reliable holds this data from the various companies in one place.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by John P.
Talent Acquisition Recruiter
Hospital & Health Care

"Never meant to be an ATS "

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft as an Oracle product can be customized to meet the needs and workflows of an organizations, which allows the system to work for my company's needs. When the system has issues it usually does not impact the candidates applying, and it more troublesome for the internal user.

What do you dislike?

PeopleSoft does not appear to have been designed as an ATS. Out of the box the ATS provides very limited service, and has had to be heavily customized to meet the needs of recruiters, compensation, finance, and our managers. The process flows of position creation is not intuitive either. Tracking of references and on-boarding steps are not tracked in the system, and this has become a standard characteristic of modern applicant tracking systems. Lastly, PeopleSoft is not mobile friend and this is a huge hit in today's market.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Much more advanced products out there, but these may in fact be more expensive at the same time. A good all inclusive HR System, but from my perspective the lack of mobile features sets PeopleSoft behind the other popular systems. Customization will require IT support from your own IT team or outsourced teams as this can not easily be done without coding.

Receiving over 1000 unique applications a month the PeopleSoft system definitely allows us to tracking and organization applications based on job. As a growing hospital this is crucial for us where just 10 years ago paper applications were still accepted.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Administrator in Libraries

"Great to find information you need but complicated to use"

What do you like best?

I work at the Chapman library, and many times we need to confirm that certain patrons are affiliated with the school. I like that I can use PeopleSoft to see if someone is a student or faculty. The best way to see a student's account and what classes they are registered. It's that fastest way to find a member.

What do you dislike?

The visual aspect of the program is my least favorite. It seems outdated, so I try not to use the program if I can find a person's record another way. I also think PeopleSoft should have a tab that says "Staff" to indicate that's where one can input a staff ID number. It took me a long time to figure out it's under "Affiliations."

Since it's the summer, school is out until that fall. The campus only allows current students, faculty, and staff to check out library materials. PeopleSoft updated patrons records right away, so the library can use PeoplSoft to see if certain patrons are no longer part of the school. We've had people wanting to check out materials but have left the school or have no proof of being an alumni, and we rely on PeopleSoft to check all current registrations. This has prevented the library from allowing privileges to a non-Chapman patron, which can risk the library having additional missing materials since non-Chapman patrons have no obligations to return the materials.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Amit D.
Technical Associate Specialist

"PeopleSoft Review"

What do you like best?

PeopleSoft provides many useful application/features under one umbrella.New version of PeopleSoft Also support mobile based functionalities which are very useful .Software is very flexible and can be customized easily with the help of small expenditure.

PeopleSoft has FSCM ,HCM , EPM ,CS and many more suites which can be used all together or can be used with integration to other software indvidually.It supports its own language which is PeopleCode both Procedure and Object Oriented feature.

Suite makes HR Process , SCM Process , Accounting and Reporting easy.

There are many competitors in the market such as SAP ,Workday , Fusion, Oracle Cloud, Service many of them are launched later as competition to PS but still PS has survived and doing well.

What do you dislike?

it has less options to change the Look and feel (Theme ) specific to users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

PeopleSoft is a best suit as an ERP to manage any organizational data efficiently.

We are managing internal as well as many client in house projects with help of PS ERP.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Administrator

"I am a lifelong PeopleSofter"

What do you like best?

PUM and the advances in underlying tech, the dedication to the UX, continual advances in improving ease of administration and configuration.

What do you dislike?

1) Sometimes the number of moving parts now in a PS infrastructure can make it more difficult to troubleshoot as quickly - but it keeps you on your toes and moving forward

2) The split of CS and HR so soon after the merge, but I understand why it happened

3) The patching process for individual components with oPatch can be confusing, especially in a non-Oracle based shop.

4) Need additional support/tools to help in-house staff, and make education less expensive; more direct support and usage checks by a dedicated AE

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's still a great product - like anything, it's the right education and being able to impart that to others, and having it set up and used correctly.

1) Being able to implement and manage/execute on all the backend necessary to run a higher ed business model in an integrated setting from a single vendor.

2) Relatively easy high-availability with minimal equipment

3) Relatively trouble-free and easy in-house Payroll processing from data management to check and advice printing and registers with reconciliation.

4) Relatively smooth integration of data amongst all 3 pillars (HCM/FS/CS)

5) Audit compliance within IT and from the functional areas

6) Data analysis across all 3 pillars

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"PeopleSoft review for Institutional HR and Financial Use"

What do you like best?

The ability to run many different types of financial reports and the ability to have both financial and HR applications in one portal. You are able to easily access paystubs, tax forms, update information, submit expense reports, etc.

What do you dislike?

I don't feel like this system is very user friendly especially when it comes to running financial reports. It can be very confusing and the mini-manuals are long and confusing as well. Processes to run reports and find personal HR information could be much more efficient and simplified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your institution offers trainings on downloading and understanding financial reports, it would be a good idea to attend. The mini-manuals are not helpful and can cause more confusion.

Easily able to track employees time and download real time and detailed budget reports or many different kinds. These reports have been able to address many different financial questions. We have $58 million dollars in grant funding so the ability to run these reports is important.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Edward M.
Director Of Sales And Business Development

"A solid service with clunky interfaces"

What do you like best?

I like the full time and absences service, the per paycheck breakdown, and the ability to see the individual benefits that I am being given. It is also nice to be able to enter hours directly into the peoplesoft system.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the mobile functionality. When entering hours into the timesheet from a mobile phone it can be glitchy. The views are very old looking and it looks fairly ugly for a user-facing portal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it to larger companies who would be saved a large amount of time by having a very clear payment and benefits portal. It would also benefit companies whose costs are largely labor driven. from developers or landscaper much simpler.

It solves self-logging of payroll hours and gives people access to a full list of benefits. When it pays out, the payment details are very clear and reduce questions and uncertainty from employees.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User

"One Program for Many Task"

What do you like best?

The ability to customize your screen and favorites menus is one of the things that make the access easier. I love being able to use the time keeper function to enter ad submit time attendance records for payroll virtually anywhere.

What do you dislike?

The multiple screens for reports. There to many screens to get to generate a report, and then to access the reports. This could be improved by creating easier ways to run quiereis and make this portion more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create a favorites list for easier access to the most used functions. Some functions require multiple screens, and by creating a favorite it will take you directly to the wanted screen for the function that you choose.

Learn how to use the reports and run queries. Once you are able to set up your features and functions, using this program will be easier and more efficient.

Time keeping, creating purchase orders, following up with receiving, processing payments, running reports, and many other tasks needed for daily operations.

"Neutral"

What do you like best?

I really like the "My Favorites" feature because there are a lot of tools in PeopleSoft but I don't utilize all of them. Thus, "My Favorites" feature makes it easier for me to access the tools that I use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the way it looks. It looks like it hasn't been updated since the 2000s. It's sometimes very difficult to find the tools that I need. I have to click 10 times to get to the tool that I want. Also, it is very slow. Whenever I am doing a step that involves multiple lines, it takes awhile for the system to process, which gets annoying because I have a lot of steps to go through. Lastly, if I make a mistake, it is difficult to make edits. I will have to undo everything and redo everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Needs to update its product. Make it more modern and make it easier to access certain tools.

We use PeopleSoft to do allocation. It makes Allocation expenses and revenues a lot faster.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Selina I.
Research Coordinator
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Oracle PeopleSoft is such a useful tool in a university setting!"

What do you like best?

I love the different tools within this one software. It offers administration, students, and staff the ability to use features within one single location - and this made it easier to assist students and staff with course enrollment and grades. For example, as an administrative assistant, I was able to check on transcripts, grades, and course enrollment (in addition to course planning and determining outstanding requirements).

What do you dislike?

The outdated interface and the inability to backtrack a task in case you make a mistake. Making an error means you must start the task all over again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

N/A

Working in a university registrar, PeopleSoft made it possible to communicate with different departments of the school, like the Admissions department. It made inter-departmental communication easier and more efficient.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Jonathon C.
Accountant - Central Effort Coordinator
(10,001+ employees)

"Peoplesoft is good but not great"

What do you like best?

People soft has a lot of features that allow your job to go much more efficiently. This would include automated features that allow you to enter information more efficiently when it comes to repetitive information.

What do you dislike?

Even though there are areas of this software that have nice automated features, there is still too much manual processing that has to be done in this system, or at least the way my company has this system set up. There are certain areas of the system where it wont allow a more efficient process and thus makes the job take longer to perform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think hard about whether to use peoplesoft or not before you consider spending the money for this software. This is definitely a system that you need to count the costs before you consider installing a system that may or may not be efficient enough for you to do business with.

Peoplesoft is our main accounting system that we use in my company. We use this in order to track and maintain records in order to be prepared for any audits that may come since we are considered a non-profit company.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Shatara M.
Leasing Manager
Real Estate

"Great Software"

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft has helped our company to increase productivity and manage an ever growing staff with ease and efficiency. We use this software consistently for applicant tracking and candidate evaluations. It has been a great help in determining who is the right fit for our organization. We started with 50 employees and expect to be up to 900+ by year end. Peoplesoft has grown with us throughout the process.

What do you dislike?

I'd like a lot more tutorials and training on the available changes and updates. They are constantly adding new aspects and we would love more training on each roll out. In office demos would be a great help. Our rep changed in the last year and we have yet to meet her.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stay on top of the new features. Reach out to your rep consistently for demos and training.

HR and Talent Management

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Donna O.
Sponsorships & Events Coordinator

"PeopleSoft "

What do you like best?

The ease of use for users makes this a great software for large and small companies alike. Our company has recently moved to the use of a DUO authentication which requires the user to be on company property to access the software. While it is not ideal for employees, it does create a more secure platform for sensitive materials.

What do you dislike?

The software can be slow on occasion, depending on how many users are logged in. Duo Authentication is not ideal when working off-site.

Our staff has found the software to be user friendly. Employees are able to access payroll and hr records on their own. In addition, the paycheck modeler as shown to be popular with employees who are making changes to their tax situations, contributions, insurance, etc.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Christyn S.
Technical Writer
(10,001+ employees)

"PeopleSoft in Technical Writing "

What do you like best?

I like that the functionality is easy to follow and use. It's layout if very neat and easy to look up things that the user may need. It helps with making the technical writing aspect of my job easy. The navigation is laid out in a logical order, and when I go to grab screenshots to show our viewers how to navigate the system, everything stays in alignment with how it should.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that you have to wait until you are ready to submit a requisition to find out if you did it right and if it will go through or now. Another one of the things I don't like, and it's not really on PeopleSoft, as much as it is on my own company, but I don't like that it is extremely difficult to do certain things without clearance. Again, mostly on my company, but it took about 2 months just to get cleared to do work on the DAL so I could update a training course and write a manual about all of the features of this particular aspect in PeopleSoft.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is one of the best software experiences I have had when it comes to business. It was easy to learn and navigate, therefore making it easy to teach to incoming employees and to write training manuals for. It is nice coming to work in the morning and knowing that all of my data I had worked on in the last week will not randomly go missing.

We use PeopleSoft to track budget and keep all projects in line. This has come in handy when it comes to purchasing and payroll. I mainly use the software to write training manuals, webcourses and to teach co-workers the ins and outs of the software and the new features that may be presented in upgrades.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Emma H.
Internal Sales & Services Analyst
Financial Services
(10,001+ employees)

"Peoplesoft assists in accounting but could use improvements"

What do you like best?

I like that Peoplesoft is pretty easy to use and only requires a few clicks to get the information I am seeking (most of the time). Peoplesoft is useful to our business because it helps find unapplied money. Instead of not showing in the policy record/transaction history, Peoplesoft allows us to view where the money is sitting before it is applied somewhere. Therefore, it is not "lost," but just in suspense, and we can move the money to wherever it needs to go as long as the money is good.

What do you dislike?

I am not a big fan of the interface of Peoplesoft. It could be improved. I have to open an Excel spreadsheet to see if there is money in suspense and Excel spreadsheets can be difficult to read sometimes. It would be better if the information was listed in a way that was easier to read. Also, not too familiar with customization options.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Peoplesoft is pretty useful for its function, but could be improved.

I primarily use Oracle Peoplesoft to obtain information for accounting. For our business, if there is money that has not been applied to a policy/contract (i.e. money is in suspense), the money would show up in Peoplesoft. I am not too aware of some of the other functions besides Queries for accounting purposes.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Steven M.
Finance Manager, Client Business Team
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Full Bodied Programs with Ease of Use"

What do you like best?

Peoplesoft products are like soldiers, they are reliable, there are hardly any coding or programming glitches, and they are reliable for the long term. Have seen initial versions of programs in our company last for many many years with minimal code updates. The only thing that slows the performance usually is server speed.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of too much - I guess the graphics are a bit dull/outdated, and there are some aspect ration issues with zoom, and filling the screen space that could be tweaked, but overall very comprehensive use.

Multi-office capabilities, real-time file updates, file sharing, and reporting functions. Multi-version file outputs (PDF & excel).

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Nichole H.
Fiscal Administrative Officer

"Not bad"

What do you like best?

We need all of the accounting to be 100% accurate and in real time and this does this except for some of the reports which take an overnight batch process in order to update.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the change from the title vendor to supplier. I had no idea what was going on when I logged in after the update and that’s frustrating.

With the new STARS application, we are getting away from EPM which is not necessarily very initiative and going to this new platform which is easier to use. We are able to do most of our information collection, accounting and HR/payroll in one place.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Kaziah H.
Founder
Management Consulting

"Peoplesoft"

What do you like best?

I enjoy using Peoplesoft quite a bit. The use interface is relatively easy to use, and it accomplishes all that I need it to do for me.

What do you dislike?

I would say that in this era of technology, while in many ways simplicity is appreciated, Peoplesoft could stand to be more dynamic in its use. There is far more analytical uses that could be derived from the software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully Evaluate what you want to derive from your people management systems. Making sure that you have the right system that fits the needs of your organization, and that it does properly anticipates the needs of your company will be crucial in this decision. Peoplesoft absolutely can meet the needs of may companies, which speaks to the intelligence and the success of most of the products within the Oracle framework. I would say that Peoplesoft is one of the top contenders for people management.

Peoplesoft handled our human resource and talent management functions.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User

"Easy to use, centralized platform for all of my HR needs"

What do you like best?

Accessibility to my information is key for me. I love that I'm easily able to access and edit my payroll information (i.e adding/removing accounts, increasing/decreasing percentages)and my benefits information with PeopleSoft. Its also easy for me to check on everything that pertains to my (i.e tax information, retirement contributions, MBTA pass).

What do you dislike?

There have been some internet connectivity issues with PeopleSoft lately and when it comes to payroll it only lets you make 1 change per day (inconvenient if I'm trying to update and get it over with).

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great resource for employees when it comes to managing their personal information/needs

I never have to reach out to my HR department for simple things like checking what benefits plan I'm on or how much of my paycheck goes to my checking vs. my savings. It saves me a lot of time and is great because I can access it whenever.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Vamsee R.
(5001-10,000 employees)

"User of PeopleSoft for 12 years - Great Product"

What do you like best?

Every thing in PeopleSoft and its user interface and design. Its coding features are very good. Support for Web services are increasing by version. Also, the Tool set is elaborate which gives options for development. Easy to customize and develop new modules and functionality for the user.

What do you dislike?

The reports are not integrated tools in the PeopleSoft. It uses an external tool set like SQR, Crystal Reports. BI is developed but does not satisfy all reporting requirements. REST webservices support only XML and JSON. More support is still required.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great Product with lots of features and ease of learning.

Entire Core HR and Payroll applications in our company run on PeopleSoft.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Mike B.
IT PeopleSoft Analyst
Retail
(10,001+ employees)

"ePro and Purchasing in 9.2 in IaaS environment."

What do you like best?

Shared responsibility for supporting the environment system with OCMS (Oracle Cloud Managed Services) is helpful when dealing with hard to track down issues. It can take some time to get the necessary resource to troubleshoot but at least we're not alone as we don not have a development resource for the application.

What do you dislike?

Support services for cloud environment is confusing to navigate. Depending on your issue or request, you will need to know which support area to assign your request. In many cases your issue or request will be reassigned to the correct group or sometimes even told to open up a case with the correct group. This can be frustrating and time consuming. A single point of contact to assign requests/issues to the proper support group would be beneficial.

We use our system to manage our indirect merchandise purchasing, This has allowed us to consolidate purchasing for our global footprint, supporting 700 facilities across the world. Ease of consolidated reporting has been helpful for our business partners evaluating and managing our facilities needs, especially with maintenance and replacement purchases.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Consultant

"Functionaly very strong product but expensive for mid cap companies"

What do you like best?

Functionaly very strong product it covers a lot of functional aspects and very good on all the other integrations of the companies Functionaly very strong product it covers a lot of functional aspects and very good on all the other integrations of the companies

What do you dislike?

very very expensive for mid cap companies,Functionaly very strong product it covers a lot of functional aspects and very good on all the other integrations of the companies

Recommendations to others considering the product

keep a watch on what work day is doing

human resources and benefts integrating the product with other small products used exsitingly by the small organisations

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Makes annual performance evals & open enrollment a cinch"

What do you like best?

I love that yearly performance evaluations are paperless now - I can complete my self-evaluation and digitally sign it off before easily and electronically sending it off to my manager. Once she reviews it, I can sign it of and review her portion before our in person meeting in order to know what to expect.

The step by step process for renewing or adding/removing benefits during open enrollment is seamless and usually takes me less than ten minutes.

What do you dislike?

All the icons that are pictured within the software are essentially the same. If each icon for varying links were different it would not only be visually appealing but it would likely be easier and quicker to locate which link the user was searching for.

This minimizes the number of HR staff needed to re-enroll employees for yearly benefits. I have realized the paperless & electronic aspect to complete annual performance evaluations saves me a lot of time and energy.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by User in Information Technology and Services

"not user friendly "

What do you like best?

allows a lot of customization if you have a team that have knowledge in the background programming. it also allows to run in different country and customize it from country to country uses.

It allows different users to have access to different modules depending on their department and need.

What do you dislike?

hard to use, and not user friendly. one thing goes wrong and its a chain effect. I do not feel like the modules connect together too well. they do not communication between module making the user needing to input the data in a few different spot rather than just one spot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

i do not feel i would recommend this software, since there is a lot of issues that i run into and when i try to fix one issue it usually causes another issue to pop up. I feel that i need to constantly be fixing some issue and is never ending.

Also i do not like how this software does not communicate between software, which in turns waste the time of the users.

The only good thing is that it allows for customization, but someone would need to be really knowledgeable before they can start customizing the information and what the software can provide, or else the customization feature would be useless to them. is can also be extremely slow sometimes, depending on what it is being used for. sometimes one person can crash the entire system and would disable others from continuing their work,

allow to store information for clients in one place and allow to edit the data when ever it is needed.

Oracle PeopleSoft review by Shelly R.
Specialty Outreach
Insurance

"PeopleSoft helps me a ton."

What do you like best?

I love that I have one place with a single sign on that I can view tons of important important data. I can update my demographics, benefits, see payroll and much more. I can change my benefits, direct deposit, view my paycheck and even review and record my performance management / reviews in there. Also, I am able to see salary history which is great.

What do you dislike?

It could use a shiny new interface. What we use is pretty outdated and sometimes difficult to navigate. I think buttons versus drop down menus would be more efficient. Sometimes you have to click into many different areas and kind of search around before you find what you are looking for.

We offer employees a lot of self service which greatly minimizes outreach to human resources. This benefits time management and employee satisfaction. It takes a great deal of effort to reach out to HR by either waiting on a phone call or submitting a service request when most of those tasks I can perform myself by using the PeopleSoft portal.