Paymo

Simple project management app that bundles task management, time tracking and invoicing

Work for Paymo?

Learning about Paymo?

Paymo Reviews

Showing 392 Paymo reviews
Paymo review by Claudio Antonio R.
Claudio Antonio R.

"Paymo is an elegant platform for advertising projects"

What do you like best?

Paymo specializes in optimizing workflows. Its solutions in document management and communication between users through voice messages are aspects that position it as a state-of-the-art tool. It also includes templates to guide the user.

What do you dislike?

It does not allow tracking the cost of each project until its completion. Nor does it allow for the application of agile methodologies to project management, and its monitoring of milestones is quite slow and not very customizable. It is not good to handle or budget resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo is an excellent platform, very customizable. It allows us to use fully customizable project models, and to take better management of our workflows. It is without doubt a highly recommended project management platform. We are satisfied.

His extension of budgets is very ingenious, subject with which we had difficulties before. In addition, we now manage a comfortable workflow to manage both personal tasks and other departments. Your Kanban boards can be customized according to the user's criteria.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Paymo
Paymo review by Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.

"Paymo Review"

What do you like best?

It is easy to track time against tasks and projects, it helps to keep our firm focused and on track. As HR staff it makes tracking staff time easy.

What do you dislike?

Some of the task functions make it difficult for our current set up. We wish we could have only the assigned tasks for each user appear on a project as opposed to all tasks and allotted time. We don't want to make everyone managers and have not found a workaround to having all tasks and allotted hours show up for all users in a project.

Also, we wish that we could integrate with our billing software, Sage50.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the price of a user license you will be blown away with the support and functionality of this app. Paymo has only gotten stronger and better since we've began using it. We have required support on several occasions and have never had an issue with getting a quick and easy answer. The support forums are another trove of knowledge. Between the staff and community you'll find the support you need to use Paymo in your business.

As a small engineering firm we don't want all of our time to be taken up with project management. Paymo solves this problem for us. As a team we can access the projects and tasks we need to, track time and expenses and have it all flow to one place for our admin staff. We are fans and happy to see Paymo continue to grow and only improve.

Project management and staff timesheets. We find it easy to stay on track and keep organized in our firm.

What Project Management solution do you use?

Paymo review by Taylor K.
Taylor K.

"Very good tools. I like it! "

What do you like best?

Paymo has most of the features offered by other task management software, but it is exceptionally useful for the creative community to have a default configuration suitable for those industries. What is not common for project management teams.

What do you dislike?

The application is aimed at small businesses and self-employed, the price is good, but I hope there may be a more affordable plan for companies that have not yet taken off. We have been using this software for a long time and we have no complaints.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this product to my colleagues not only for its incredible utility and many more reasons, but also because the Windows widget is fantastic, very easy to use. The integration between the widget and the online login is impressive which helps a lot in the operation.

The time tracking widget on my desktop is easy. And they are always improving in the application for business users. This handles all aspects of my project management needs. The help that this app offers we like a lot, because we are always aware of what happens and has many tools.

Paymo review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Paymo is an attractive and easy to organize PMS"

What do you like best?

It is excellent for creating and managing generic projects. Your task list is well distributed, so that it separates each task depending on its category (implementations, plans, reviews, etc.). Its management system of time reports is quite explanatory

What do you dislike?

Your job report creator is not customizable enough. Your agenda to work with booking shows very little information at first glance about the plans (in reality none) so it becomes difficult to know what each project is

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend Paymo to be used in schools. Offers 1 year free for institutions, with all possible quality. We also recommend Paymo to delegate roles and responsibilities among the members of our team, as it is a quick thing to do

We were having problems with the bills. We needed to make it easier to customize them, since most services dedicated to this are a bit complicated to manage, as well as expensive. Paymo is not only cheap ($ 9.56 per member) but it is also excellent for handling invoices, so it has been quite useful

Paymo review by Tom H.
Tom H.

"Great so far"

What do you like best?

It removes the need for multiple tools, for timesheets and project management. The interface is generally nice, and tasks are easy to read.

There are a couple of very cool features that aren’t generally found in competitor services like team resource management, and we’ve found that collaboratively building up task lists together as a team is much easier in Paymo than things like Asana.

We haven’t used the invoices or online payments because we have a different service for that, that we probably won’t move away from - but it looks useful.

The service is also excellent, and our onboarding has been made easier by the team checking in with us regularly.

What do you dislike?

It’s a little clunky in places and some things feel like they’re still in beta. There are a couple of things (multiple selection, importing from other tools) that don’t exist. The recent addition of notifications is good, but there’s little customisation and the tool seems geared toward Agile development teams in specific scenarios with little wiggle room for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There’s no import function for tasks/projects so there’s a very manual process required to get up and running if you’re moving from different tools.

We’ve consolidated time tracking, project management and resourcing into one tool. It’s making it easier for us to plan, track and estimate work.

Paymo review by Marcus A.
Marcus A.

"The overall experience with Paymo has been very positive."

What do you like best?

It's easy to keep track of multiple projects at once and it's easy to create new tasks. Modifying projects and inviting new members is also easy which is one of the reasons I like Paymo.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be a bit more intuitive. Sometimes the system creates a time report for another user by default because that person created the task. It would be easier if the person creating the time report would be selected by default instead of the person creating the task. This has led to some confusion in the team as it's hard to spot as well.

It would also be nice if you could see summary statistics more easily such as hours per project, distribution of time spent between the people participating in a projects etc. Some statistics can be seen for now but it would be helpful if this part of Paymo was a bit more advanced/customizable.

It would also be good if this data could be exported from Paymo in an easy way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Paymo to other companies. It's easy to use and has all the necessary features.

Time tracking what people in a team is doing for a project. It's also a smooth process to create invoices for clients when needed. This was not as easy with the old system which was used previously.

Paymo review by Sandra G.
Sandra G.

"Straightforward interface"

What do you like best?

Super simple to use with lots of options for users who have differing preferences.

What do you dislike?

It can be little hard to find features you haven't used previously.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for time tracking and produces detailed, clean reports.

Paymo is a nice, clean interface for time tracking and reporting. I appreciate that it can be used in a variety of ways: web portal, computer app, or mobile app. This makes the app more useable by more workers with varying styles. It also provides flexibility. I prefer the web portal, but sometimes there is just no space left on my monitors and I do need to keep an eye on the time. Using the mobile app, I can select the project, task, and track my time in real time.

The reporting feature is really nice. We have a general report that we produce for all clients, and pull a Paymo report form for our internal use to populate our branded form. However, it's also great when a client is looking for a specific type of report or a report of specific details. A few clicks in the web portal and such a report can be generated.

The only thing - and it's little - is that on occasion, it seems inordinately difficult to find a feature I've not previously used. Generally, an email to a colleague resolves the issue, but I wish (just a little) the software was more intuitive.

Paymo review by Anny S.
Anny S.

"Excellent tool to control the times"

What do you like best?

Paymo is simply great, we can find out the amount of time it takes us to make a project, with a variety of tools and sections to improve your performance and with a very easy to use interface. We can record and save the invoice data as well, which is a great help.

What do you dislike?

Paymo has a great disadvantage and is not being able to pay the monthly invoice through PayPal, we would like to add this feature to improve the user's experience because it is undoubtedly a great software that we want to continue using.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% recommended software for small and large companies, with quality support and excellent equipment.

This excellent application has helped us at all times not to leave the required times and make the most of our time in some projects, deliver on time our tasks and others, there are many advantages in use, the characteristics of billing and time control are the top.

Paymo review by Carlo Z.
Carlo Z.

"Just what I needed. A little extra push and it would really become my best tool"

What do you like best?

The Gantt view in combination with the Home screen where I get to see day by day the activities that me and my colleagues have to do.

What do you dislike?

There are several things that need improvement: the App doesn't stand the comparison to the web version, no need to comment, they just need to build it again;

The web version needs some minor tweaks: in certain views you cannot rename Tasks so you have to change view type, if you postpone tasks in the Gantt view you cannot select a group and drag it... this kind of minor things. The major let down is how they bill the subscriptions: we work in the creative field and we would like to have a similar billing to dropbox, where an individual can buy a subscription and participate in several Paymo groups. Unfortunatelly this doesn't seem to be in their agenda.

We work in the creative industry, we work remotely an our project manager can then keep everyone on the same page. Before paymo we were constantly leaving things behind, forgetting them without realizing the consequencies that a delay would produce in the whole chain of event.

Paymo review by Emma J.
Emma J.

"Good for organising complex projects"

What do you like best?

I like that you change how you view your 'dashboard', so you can tailor this to how you like to work. I also like that you can organise discussions, which I've found to be a very useful feature when working on a complex project with multiple sections. The ability to add 'bulk time' is a really useful feature if you are adding all your time for an extended period all at once. It's a feature not currently available with my current time logging provider. I also like that you can view the time you've added on a calendar, it helps you to keep track and record time more accurately (especially if you're adding it at a later date).

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the view selector changes position on the screen depending on the view. It can be confusing. I would like to be able to organise these discussions if I were to have a project with multiple sections or phases. I would also like to be able to see file previews in the activity feed, as this is a feature available with other project management software providers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great if you want to combine flexible project tracking with timesheet tracking

Paymo combines the ability to record timesheets to jobs, which is something my previous project management software can't accommodate. It also forms a great platform to discuss projects, and allows you to track these discussions, a very useful feature for an agency such as ours.

Paymo review by Trevor F.
Trevor F.

"Paymo makes time tracking beautiful, fun and seamless. "

What do you like best?

What I like best about the Paymo application is how simple it is to manage your projects and complete actions per project/client. You have all the tools and actions you need to efficiently track time so it doesn't become a waste of time using the software. Everything is in front of you without a learning curve. I also love that it comes with invoice software which I think is a great addition to a time tracking software that I see missing most of the time.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that the main interface is web-based and I would prefer that the interface is all software based. I know that web applications are big right now and everything is headed in that direction but I still prefer software based products for now. Not the biggest problem but a personal dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should try all your options before switching to any software platform to see what is best for your business. Try the software for yourself first and see if it's the right move for your business goals.

The business problem that I am trying to solve is being more efficient with my work. Paymo lets me track my time, charge money to clients, and review all the time me and my employees spend on a given project. The benefits I have realized is going back in time and analyzing the process and performance of time spent on projects.

Paymo review by Yolandi P.
Yolandi P.

"Paymo makes accounting a breeze as a designer."

What do you like best?

Recurring payments for my domain clients, so I don't need to generate invoices monthly for hosting.

Being able to see my income statistics.

What do you dislike?

The fact that when I allocate a payment, I'd like it to show up on the invoice.

I'd like to be able to add a set discount not limited to a percentage, but a set amount.

Client Statements would be excellent.

I am not sure how expenses work, but what I need for my business is a cost to company so I can see what my actual profit is, so I'd like to add suppliers and their costs, so I could allocate that to my job/invoice to determine my profit.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo has made my admin of my clients come alive. As a creative person sending invoices has never been fun, but now I look forward to it. I can see my client profile and income grow. I am so excited about this product.

I never really knew how many active clients I had, or what my monthly income is.

I can now have a bird's eye view of my business income

Paymo review by Melanie T.
Melanie T.

"Paymo is very useful to keep us organized always"

What do you like best?

Paymo offers good management of budgets, and many customizable templates for workflows. Its kanban boards are easy to follow and manage, and the projects are completely customizable at all levels of life

What do you dislike?

Its format for invoices is too standardized, so it must be constantly required to use templates, which despite being quite good, ends up wasting time. The creation process for data reports is annoying

Recommendations to others considering the product

We recommend Paymo because it has excellent features, such as the ability to create lists of individual tasks for each project, and because it allows importing and exporting databases with API tools

We had problems with programming and recording our tasks, but we were able to solve them thanks to Paymo. It has also helped our work projects to be more orderly, being able to categorize them and archive them more easily

Paymo review by Nimesh B.
Nimesh B.

"Best Project Managment Software"

What do you like best?

- Simple yet effective

- Things are nicely structured into clients, project, task group, task and sub-task. Everything is connected with one another

- Various workflows for managing task like simple view, table view, kanban, etc

- Gantt chart and portfolio gantt chart

- Beautiful dashboard which include my task, team task,

- Easy to manage multiple user. Can measure productivity and amount of work done. Task can be assigned and managed per user as well.

- Best time tracking with calendar timesheet, graphs and reports.

-Desktop app for time tracking

- Invoicing, estimates and payment methods are available

- Local currency available

- Billable amount is updated as project updates if you are working hourly,

- Various filters like assigned to, progress, completion are available at every section

- Resource scheduling and leave planner.

- Security

- Evolving everyday.

What do you dislike?

- Can be expensive

- Currently mobile app is still lacking some features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may wanna try to full trial to know the real difference it can make to your project

We use Paymo for almost everything. Gantt chart becomes mostly valuable when planning any project which paymo offers quite well. Task for every user can be controlled for admin and everything can be monitored from a single place. Time tracking is the best in Paymo without a doubt option for both automatic and manual time tracking which is very helpful for us. It has sure increase our productivity and way we worked. We can focus on your work more now.

Paymo review by Alan S.
Alan S.

"Stay on Task and On TIme!"

What do you like best?

Interface is simple, intuitive and easy to upload real-time data into. Time tracking is seamless and invoicing along with project management is interactive and allows for task and milestone management. All in all, we have found Paymo to be our one stop shopping location for organizing and managing projects both large and small!

What do you dislike?

To be honest, we have found very little lacking with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, we think you will find its structure and flexibility at a cost point that makes it one of the bast systems on the market right now!

I personally utilize it to manage my 11 member team and the various projects and commitments we have on a daily basis. Everything from calculating time for an emergency response call, to simply changing a light bulb - Paymo provides real-time solutions and the ability to track the time to accomplish them!

Paymo review by Jolanda S.
Jolanda S.

"You will not forget anything else"

What do you like best?

Great service. We have been using Paymo for several years now. This is really a universal tool for work. A handy mobile client and great widgets for Android. I always see the information I need. It greatly facilitates my life. Excellent opportunities for creating reports.

What do you dislike?

The mobile application is convenient only for viewing the current work, it is strongly limited in functionality. I would like those developers to improve mobile applications and add existing functions to it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do not worry any more that you can lose important information, just open the browser and start working with Paymo. You will no longer get lost in a huge number of projects and there's nothing to miss. Try the competitors Paymo and you will understand that it is the best.

Paymo helps us keep everything up to date. With this service, I use my time more effectively, which means I can make my work even faster and better.

Paymo review by Agency
Agency

"For detail orientated people."

What do you like best?

Time tracking - very handy to keep an eye on the time spent on certain project elements. The activity feed is handy to get a birdseye view of what's happening and when. If you're willing to sit down and put in the time at the start of the project, the level of detail you can get into regarding assigning tasks, time and plotting milestones is really beneficial.

What do you dislike?

The discussions were difficult to track - when attached documents to the job, it became confusing over the long duration of the project. For instance, referring someone back to a previous discussion was a little difficult over time when things had gotten lost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for those who want to be detail orientated from the start of a project. Sitting down and plotting the journey of the project is the most sure fire way to get the best out of this tool.

We used Paymo to test out project management for a specific web project - we wanted to try a platform that allowed us to be incredibly detailed from the start of the project so everything could be kept on track. It's a great tracking tool, but it's not great as a central 'hub' for all data and documents pertaining to a project.

Paymo review by Thomas H.
Thomas H.

"An interesting way of collating a project"

What do you like best?

Having the integrated time tracking of a project building into the project management platform - alongside the discussions similar to other project management services - is a real benefit. Not having to use a third-party plug-in.

What do you dislike?

Not having a Chrome extension to log time makes the process a little clumsy, as ultimately I shall be working in the browser as part of the project, outside of the Paymo website or app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to learn it, and then it's no worries. Don't be afraid of different.

We were working together as a team to create a new website for a client. We realised that Paymo is a nice all-in-one solution, whereas some other platforms required separate services.

Paymo review by User

"Paymo - Video Production Use"

What do you like best?

Well organised.

I use it to rack my time and my team's time on projects. Different task can be set at different costs, so I can see how much time and budget is remaining for each project.

I also use it for scheduling work for editors, animators etc - and can see when there is a conflict and resolve it in advance.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way of filtering down the project table view to just show he projects that I am on.

It would be easy to add this function to a "My Projects" tab or something similar.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better than Harvest by a long way.

Business problems solved = highlighting scheduling conflicts in advance, accurately accounting for time spent on projects so that charges and quotes can be adjusted appropriately.

It also help to show the development junior team members are making over time, so that we can tell when they have the skills to be entrusted with more advanced/time-limited projects.

Paymo review by User

"difficult in the beginning - easy for everyday"

What do you like best?

I really like how I can plan all projects and my week in Paymo, while not losing track and having cross-check on several platforms. Also, it is nice to have my timesheet there to learn from past hours for the planning of future hours.

What do you dislike?

In the beginning I had a really hard time gaining a good understanding and overview about all the different things Paymo offers - an onboarding video would have helped me a lot. Also, it is a shame that Paymo cannot sync my Google calendar, where meetings get scheduled, with my bookings to keep an overview of the daily work load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

one solution for most administrative tasks for project and team planning.

I complete the following tasks with Paymo: planning of projects, keeping track of projects, plan tasks within project, plan my workload for every week, keep track of hours worked with timesheets, communicate tasks to other people in my team and vice versa.

Paymo review by User in Market Research
User in Market Research

"Paymo could be streamlined in some ways, but overall is helpful to our company"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to adjust and view timelines and tasks. Being able to easily view your deadlines on your homepage is also helpful. Team scheduling is very useful at a company level to be able to balance resources depending on timelines at our weekly meetings.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the interface is a little difficult to find what you are looking for. It is not easy to report out hours in bulk for yourself, and at the project level. Expense reports are also not very functional when needing to send to management. I usually refrain from trying to adjust the timelines because depending on the settings/mode, can be easy to mess them up.

Our company is using the time sheets to determine where most of our resources are being used and how we can optimize that. We also use the team scheduling in an attempt to more easily predict and prevent bottle-necking and under-resourced teams.

Paymo review by User

"Excellent software, easy to use yet feature rich"

What do you like best?

It's easy to understand how to use, no training required as it's intuitive.

I especially like the time reports, they are super easy to setup and use.

The 'add bulk time' feature is pretty awesome, exactly what I would expect from a timesheet system.

What do you dislike?

Would be great if you could reorder reports, for example, I would like my time reports in a specific order.

It would also be good if you can load a default report when clicking onto 'time reports' as currently, the screen opens with no reports preselected (just an extra click to cut down on).

perhaps add a tick box to report on yourself only? Currently, you have to select 'by user', find yourself as a user, then tick yourself as a user. If the tick box is ticked then the 'then include & group by' should be greyed out. Notifications do not stand out enough (i didn't really see them there) and there is no ability to mark all as read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's easy to use and bug-free!!!

Logging my time so my manager can see what I have been working on. Scheduling time and projects.

Paymo review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Easy-to-use for small and medium businesses"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. Intuitive Dashboard customizable and with the main information that you need to successfully manage all of your projects. Great for saving time and managing projects effectively when working with a team. It's also great for freelancers who want to monitor their projects and clients easily. I use Paymo remotely to communicate with my team and it helps me prevent errors. The interface is super easy and fun to use, and the unlimited project feature fits my needs perfectly. I will definitely use it for future projects as well regardless of the company I'll work at. I had no trouble adapting to the interface and I trust that you will too. This tool has improved my productivity and organizational skills as well.

What do you dislike?

No cons so far. Paymo updates their features regularly so they can keep up with my needs. I haven't come across any deal breakers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give this tool a try if you're looking for a complete project management software at an affordable price.

It helps clear communication misunderstandings and distribute tasks evenly.

Paymo review by James S.
James S.

"Paymo is an excellent application for tracking on the server"

What do you like best?

I like Paymo's time tracking feature. It is very well built. My team can easily switch between tasks with their time tracking application. The time report function helps us to perform billing, general time tracking, etc.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They are super fast to keep up with the latest technological issues. We do not usually find any problem, but in case we have something, the client's team is always willing to help us solve it.

I had a small problem with different clients within a company that needed to be billed in the same job. This is not as simple as I expected, but there was an easy solution.

Paymo review by User

"Paymo allows me to grow my business "

What do you like best?

I really like project Template and the time tracking app. The total flexibility of tasks and interface management is a must ! The ability to switch between different views is excellent : kanban, table view etc.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that I can't disable Time Tracking in the reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the free version for at least two different projects and quickly upgrade !

Paymo helps me keep my projects and my bizness well organised. I can store all informations and resources directly in my projects instead of using several different services such Cloud, time trackers etc... This organisation can be reused with templates ! It's amazing the time I gain ! So I can work on the other aspects of my bizness like strategy. I also use Paymo to manage personnal projects ! It's one of my best investment !

Paymo review by Darwin N.
Darwin N.

"Very good tools with the super fast working system."

What do you like best?

Very great power in my hands with this good software. Everything is automatic. I like to work with the good platform. The very functional system of work.

What do you dislike?

Till now I don't know what to say. As I don't have any bad problems with this platform. I know how wonderful work and use it. Also I know that support service is very good working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I guess it is the very good solution to work with. You can control everything in one click. To manage all steps of the project it is the best way. Very fast working system.

The good step that we control almost every our step. Everything on our hands as email, folders and more. Great works on our reports. Perfect that we see start and end of the time of our work.

Paymo review by Breanna A.
Breanna A.

"Great tool!"

What do you like best?

The invoicing/estimates on Paymo are so easy to use! Love the look and functionality of them. Paymo also has an awesome time tracker program - we use this for every project and it makes it easier to estimate the cost of new projects because we're able to look back and see how long past projects took us.

What do you dislike?

It just takes a little bit of time to figure out exactly how you want to organize things in Paymo and stay on top of them.

Organization, project management, account management, invoicing, etc. Keeps us all on the same page and we're able to communicate and see how projects are coming along!

Paymo review by Dheeraj T.
Dheeraj T.

"Better way to manage time"

What do you like best?

I like how we are able to create activities list in projects and keep track of time on each activity and amount of duration worked on each project.Allows to set priorities to each project. Also keeps history of clients and current projects associated with each client which is helpful.

What do you dislike?

I haven't used the app fully and i'm still in the process of understanding/utilizing the app in effective manner.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better way to keep track of time and projects

To track time and use the information from current projects and find better way to use time in an efficient manner

Paymo review by Angelena D.
Angelena D.

"Great time with Paymo!!!"

What do you like best?

Now my work with more fun.I like that when I'm writing a project or etc. by luck it's will autocomplete. A software function that gives me the version of finish forms and words.

What do you dislike?

I don't know what I can dislike. Very hard question. Just can say that all that I'm doing I understand and follow with easy step.Nothing to dislike at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everything in one part. Great control app. Helps you to control any stage of a project.The software works extremely fast and consists of perfect working tools. Ability to know everything about the financial side.

We can control time which we are spent online, in emails, documents or any sites.Helps with reports. So nice I can see all time when I was started and when to finish my record.

Paymo review by Jacob J.
Jacob J.

"Great source for tracking time and projects"

What do you like best?

I like how user friendly it is and how I can track my projects and the amount of time I invest in them. I also like how organized it is.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if I could include a standard rate of pay for certain tasks that would automatically be included with weekly reports.

The greatest business benefit is being able t review your day and see what you invested your time and see if the projects that you are putting your time are making you a profit.

Paymo review by Lisa C.
Lisa C.

"I could not do my job without Paymo"

What do you like best?

I'm a self employed graphic and website designer and I have over 50 clients on the books. In a typical week I'll be working on at least 10 different jobs. Because of the nature of the work I often have to wait for a client to respond to a question before I can move onto the next stage. This means that in any given day I am working for at least 4 clients, usually more. To make things more complicated I charge depending on the work with 2 or 3 different payscales per job.

Without Paymo I'd have to do this all by hand, or guess what projects I had spent time on. With Paymo I can easily just move from client to client or to a different project for the same client at the click of a button. At the end of the month it's easy to generate invoices and the clients can pay online.

Honestly, if someone took Paymo away from me I'd sit down and cry. It is vital to the way I run my business and it frees me up to get more work done, and be paid accurately for it.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike. It would be nice if the system automatically generated invoices for me at the end of the month but it only takes half an hour to do them manually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Paymo provides multiple wonderful solutions for people like me with many different clients.

I'm solving the problem of juggling multiple clients with multiple rates of pay. If I had to do this by hand it wold take an insane amount of time.

Paymo review by Krzysztof W.
Krzysztof W.

"Conveniant and easy to use software for projects and teams"

What do you like best?

I like how seamless it is to track time, and generate reports from them. Especially given out 5+ years history with Paymo - the data we have now is great asset.

Its easy to generate reports for clients, projects or users, so all views covered. Filtering tasks is also good enough so our customers get clean and readable reports.

What do you dislike?

I am a bit afraid of feature growth, as if our parts (ones we use) would be prioritized. Also lack of tagging tasks make some reporting more complex.

What we miss still is lack of integrations - we have other tools (like Trello, Bitbucket) which we cannot integrate well - and we do not like that Paymo grows internal features while integrations are still lacking.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try!

Setup time tracking in a way not connected to money, so your user can be honest. Use reports to get to know your business and costs better.

I am using Paymo as source of information how much projects take and how much time we spend on working with them.

This is great form both customer facing perspective - we can bill hourly and provide detailed reports, or do fixed price projects and validate our estimates.

Its also good for knowing how much time we spent in the office.

Paymo review by Juan Ignacio G.
Juan Ignacio G.

"One of the best tools to track time"

What do you like best?

Time Reports are the best things that the application has, a lot of ease to understand each chart and insights of how we spend time can be seen. I also really like the way in which new projects are loaded and the possibility of differentiating them by the bidding method.

What do you dislike?

The team scheduling section is a little confusing, especially for those who are not familiar with the weather tracking tools. While the calendar style design is successful, the load per user is a bit cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an easy tool to use at a general level, with an accurate design and that adds value to the single action of tracking time; both for its reports and for the possibility of shared use.

One of our clients requires that we specify the hours we work on their project and what specific actions we do in that time; With this tool we also generate internal reports to improve the use of our time.

Paymo review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Great freelance accounting tool"

What do you like best?

Ease of use on the web portal and great invoicing and bookkeeping setup.

What do you dislike?

Lack of functionality on the mobile app for using the service whilst away from the desk.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great tool for managing projects and invoicing completed jobs. The understanding of the workflow is critical in my game and Paymo helps me to manage various concurrent projects with ease. I also appreciate the ability to be able to ser definitions against different employees at my various clients as it makes collaboration a lot easier.

Hour tracking is a great tool and it makes managing my projects a lot smoother.

Paymo review by Kaitlin B.
Kaitlin B.

"Helpful tool for Billing Hours and Tracking Time"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of this software compared to others I have used to track time is incredible. We have also loved the use of the gant chart for projects and completing portions of those projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a way to categorize projects into a few, main categories when you're typing in to track your time, so that they could pop up easier when you have a bunch with similar words populating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This software is much less primitive-looking than others I have seen in the past. They are more technology-forward too!

We are able to bill true time spent on events and tradeshows besides just the physical costs of good we send to shows.

Paymo review by Kirsten H.
Kirsten H.

"Paymo is the perfect well rounded tool!"

What do you like best?

We have just started using Paymo at our office. I love the ability to keep track of invoices and billing within one very easy to use program. So far this is taking the cake for our favorite tracking app we have used and tried out. We are in talks about getting more of our clients on board to try this. I love that it doesn't take a long time to enter in all the information we need. The support for this app is the best. They are very helpful and quick to figure things out for you if you have a question.

What do you dislike?

A lot of our employees haven't learned how to use the software properly, making them not want to use it. No custom branding. You also can not customize your dashboard to your preferences. It costs more to add more users to the program instead of a set amount. Monthly, it's worth it though. It would help to have communication within the app to know who is working on what for the day. Possibly having multiple people working on the same app can cause wasted time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

$20 a month for something as easy to use as this, is well worth it. Keep in mind you need to enter all your invoices so that can be time consuming but well worth it in the end.

We are keeping track of recurring expenses, billing, invoices, project and our clients. It has helped us keep things organized, and easy for us to access. We love being able to have our tasks all in one place, and being able to keep track on the go.

Paymo review by Falk H.
Falk H.

"Awesome replacement for 2-3 other Programms we used"

What do you like best?

It just has so many features we needed multiple other Programms for.

Like time-tracking,creating reports and having an organised form for tasks. (love the board btw.)

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything yet that I really dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a program that will help with the time recording and organization of work, paymo is perfect. Also the report and invoice function helps us to keep everything uniform and ordered.

Time-tracking, creating reports and invoices, assign tasks to ppl

Paymo review by Leonardo T.
Leonardo T.

"Very good experience"

What do you like best?

The UI of the tool is very simple and easy to use. The mobile is also vey productive and easy to use, leeting the user complet information from anywhere.

Also very intuitive to create new tasks and projects.

What do you dislike?

Some of the colours of the layout, in special the dark layout of the menu background and some of the icons in light green, hard to read.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very simple tool that delivers what's expected.

controlling worked hours on projects.

Paymo review by Jesse S.
Jesse S.

"From Toggl to Paymo"

What do you like best?

I love being able to create multiple tasks for specific projects for multiple clients. Time can be tracked along with comments, discussions, milestones and file attachments. Light project management plus time tracking and reports = win win win!

What do you dislike?

The only downside to Paymo so far is the inability to track time on multiple tasks at once. So far though, this is a standard "problem" with most time tracking apps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. Their support is excellent.

I needed a place to track time and a small amount of project management. Paymo combines both. I no longer have to pay for two separate apps to get both. I can go back in time for any project and see what we were working on, all our comments and discussions and how much time was utilized.

Paymo review by Administrator

"Feeling great about Paymo for our Production Team"

What do you like best?

I like that Paymo centralizes client and project information in an easy-to-understand way. The UI is great and one of the big reasons I selected Paymo over solutions for our team. Paymo makes it easy for anyone in the organization to find basic client/project info they might be looking for.

What do you dislike?

Initially, I was hoping Paymo could replace several tools that we're using now (including Smartsheet for its gantt chart); however, you can't export schedules (which is an important feature as we share this with clients) and setting dependencies to see a full trickle-down effect is a little difficult. I also hope to see additional filtering options within Clients, Projects, Files and Discussions. Information can get very long and currently it's all a long scroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A tool is really only as good as its implementation. Take some time to create templates for standard Project Info and Tasks so that all information that you'd like is being captured by all users and people's experience is streamlined when using the tool.

We are helping to solve greater client and project visibility, automatic reminders for project managers to do certain things as it relates to projects and some task management (in hopes that this can replace Asana).

Paymo review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Used to be good then they destroyed it with stupid pricing. Sole Traders Avoid"

What do you like best?

The software in its entirety is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Paymo decided to change the pricing structure meaning small companies now have to pay for 3 use licenses to get any meaningful features.

On the accounting there should be a way to only bill the client once a month for multiple complete projects. It will also be good to have a prepaid option.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a large scale company great. If you are a one man bad or have 2 people its will now charge you extra.

Paymo used to be a great bit of software as it was an all in one. This being said they decided to change the pricing meaning as a sole trader to make the software of any use ie with accounting you now have to pay for 3 user licenses. They do offer a reduced version for single users however this only allows task management to which there are plenty of free software

Paymo review by Teresa G.
Teresa G.

"Nice range of capabilities at an affordable price"

What do you like best?

I like that it has automatic time tracking available as well as the stopwatch tool. The other features are pretty robust - project and task management, time reports, invoicing, clients, etc. The pricing is reasonable, although it appears that I'm on an old pricing plan and that it's a bit higher now for the management features without invoicing. My plan gives me one invoice per month at no additional charge.

What do you dislike?

The automatic time tracking app isn't super-accurate, but it does help to have it. On pricing I wish there was an option of getting up to, say, five invoices for an additional $5 or so rather than having to jump to $10 for unlimited, which I don't need. It's still a pretty reasonable price, though.

Time saving thanks to time tracking; easy invoicing; easy to calculate time/pay from time reports even if you don't have invoicing capability.

Paymo review by Adam N.
Adam N.

"Paymo - Competitive Pricing / Packed with Features"

What do you like best?

For my line of work the desktop app, which precisely tracks time entries, and allows me to easy filter and allocate the results, ranks #1. After that, I really like the invoicing and CRM portions of the online site. It's quite amazing, and I was using Chrometa before Paymo, and I'm much happier with Paymo for what I do.

The User Interface at Paymo, seems really well thought out. It works fast over the internet, and I don't spend a lot of time hunting down functions. The support staff is quick to reply if I ever get stuck, and they do so right through the main interface, so I don't have to hunt down replies either!

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Paymo. From the customer support to the myriad features Paymo, ranks #1 in my book. One thing, I'd like to see is and extra level of reporting to impress clients with the amount of work that gets done, like lists and charts that show just how much work you accomplished. Right now the invoices are just simple clean corporate invoices, which works just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it if you need advanced billing and time-tracking software.

When you're juggling over a dozen projects, you don't need any extra distractions. Paymo is almost like having a bookkeeper watching over your shoulder. You can easily create filters, and if you name your files with your project tag, then you can easily take care of billing in a short time whenever you like. That keeps you focused on work.

"I'm new to Paymo "

What do you like best?

The 'Projects' tab allows me to plan project delivery effectively and provides a simple overview dashboard to keep account of budget burn and task delivery.

What do you dislike?

As i'm new to using Paymo i haven't discovered anything yet that i specifically dislike

Recommendations to others considering the product

I find this a useful tool for planning project tasks and delivery. Effectively provides an overview dashboard to review budget burn and task management.

Resource planning for following week allows me to understand whether we are over allocated or under allocated on planned tasks and activities. It also allows me to understand specific areas of discipline that are being resourced the most for the week.

Paymo review by Joel N.
Joel N.

"Paymo - The New Player on the Block"

What do you like best?

I like how the time reporting system integrates with our project management.

What do you dislike?

To this point, I have found nothing that I dislike about Paymo

Recommendations to others considering the product

Think of Paymo as more than a timekeeping system, as it has a superb project management interface as well. We replaced our old PM software and timekeeping systems with this one app.

Time keeping and basic project management.

Paymo review by Michael S.
Michael S.

"Paymo is a great service for Graphic Designers"

What do you like best?

Paymo is a great online service that easily tracks the time I spend on each project.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. I just really like the service.

One thing that I would add as an optional option is screen shot progress. Maybe every 5 minutes while working on a project, the application could take a screen shot of the project progress. That would give customers that want to see how much time it takes to complete the project a great visual representation of my design process.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are in the creative industry and you need to track time on projects, I think Paymo is the service you are looking for. It is a great price, only $5.00 per month and it manages all my design projects and tracks all the time with ease. If you are unsure about Paymo they have a free version which allows you to have two open projects at once. This is especially great if you are just starting out as a freelancer and are not too busy. Once you outgrow the free version, you will likely want to upgrade to the paid version as there are no limitations in regards to the number of projects you can have open.

Before Paymo, we used to track our projects manually and it was not as accurate and customers had to believe that is how much time the project took to complete. Now, I can easily go on my Paymo account and show them my online timesheet.

Paymo review by Oliver C.
Oliver C.

"paymo app review"

What do you like best?

What I like best here in paymo is its helps me to organize my time schedule, meetings, workloads and reviewing the past and current projects that i handled.

What do you dislike?

As of the moment I haven't encountered any shortcomings about this app.

I have been dealing with this app for more than a month now and i find it easy to use it when it comes to recording, reviewing, and doing time management

Paymo review by Inti M.
Inti M.

"Best online tool for tracking project time!"

What do you like best?

I love it even from its beta version! The fact that you can track multiple projects and clients, and the well-designed interface that lets you focus on just what you are doing at that time. If you are on a tight budget to spend on administration and accounting for your business, then this tool offers a great help for start-ups.

I use it also to track my total hours annually, as the revenue services in my country requires this information.

The team is also very friendly and this gives Paymo a personal human touch.

What do you dislike?

I would like to suggest to raise the minimum of the free project to 5 instead of 3.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it!

projects, project activities and clients are part of what I need to track. I also use it sometimes to plan my day if it is very busy. It is easy to give myself time slots to finish certain tasks.

Also my annual report on projects and time.

Paymo review by Kenneth O.
Kenneth O.

"I really enjoy using Paymo"

What do you like best?

The user friendly interface is one thing that stands out to me. They make it look visually attractive and simple for anyone. I also enjoy the dashboard very much. Invoicing is also very easy and helps breakdown the tasks from the project, which my clients enjoy.

What do you dislike?

I feel there could be more features added to the dashboard but overall the concept is great. Looking forward to more additions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would at least try it. Really easy to use and worth the money. Since I do freelance on the side, this was perfect for me. While I worked at a Web Marketing Agency, I highly recommended we use paymo compared to what we were using. After a few weeks, we made the transition over to paymo.

Invoices were a big decision factor in going with paymo. They're invoicing system is awesome. I am able to focus my time on something else.

Paymo review by Andrew P.
Andrew P.

"Timesheets for Remote workers"

What do you like best?

We run documentation projects for a number of clients with staff members sometimes working remotely. The ability for a team member to click an app on their desktop and record (to the second) the work they do on a client's project is invaluable.

Personally, as a team member, I like the fact that I can do a little bit of work at any time of the day or night, record it and get accurately paid.

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest. It would be nice if there were a way to sort and group reporting. Otherwise this is an excellent piece of software that's been well thought out and does what it says on the tin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you set up accurate task and project descriptors.

Tracking the time expended by a staff members spread out over a significant geographic distance. It's also useful to provide washback into the marketing/sales/estimating function as since implementing paymo and tracking our data, our estimates have become much more accurate.

Learn more about Paymo

Paymo Videos

Learning about Paymo?

* We monitor all Paymo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.