OutboundEngine

OutboundEngine Reviews

Ask OutboundEngine a Question
Showing 67 OutboundEngine reviews
Renee Marie J.

"Mostly Enjoy this Company"

What do you like best?

I love the newsletters, and did enjoy the social media posts

What do you dislike?

There needs to be an option of just newsletters. I just switched companies for my website, which now includes social media, blogging, and listing advertising, so I called to see about just having a newsletter through you guys. I love your newsletter, but you don't have a cheap package with just the newsletter.

I just switched companies for my website, which now includes social media, blogging, and listing advertising, so I called to see about just having a newsletter through you guys. I love your newsletter, but you don't have a cheap package with just the newsletter. I did changed to a more basic package, but I'm still paying for the social media but asked you to stop posting on social media so I don't have 2 companies posting. So I'm now technically paying $175 for just a newsletter twice a month. Not worth it in my opinion, so I probably won't keep my account much longer.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about OutboundEngine
Jillian L.

"I gave it a try"

What do you like best?

The visual of the newsletters was eye-catching.

What do you dislike?

The email open rates are terribly low and most go into spam, including emails I send to close friends, family and myself. I haven't had much engagement with the social media posts, my own posted content generated better response. So far, zero ROI in several months of use at one of their highest tier programs. I have been trying to cancel and a support specialist is never available, which is odd.

None at the moment, I was hoping to generate more social media interaction.

What Marketing Automation solution do you use?

Tim J D.

"Thought I was getting something else."

What do you like best?

The way the sales guy talked me into signing up the first day I looked at the service. It was interesting but would have liked more of a warning it was a 12 month commitment.

What do you dislike?

How they did not let me postpone the service. Tried to cancel the day after I signed up and they gave me a very hard time. Thought I might try them in the future but the customer service was brash, slightly rude, and is only available 8-5 weekdays Would not credit my account, even though I never had them do anything for me.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Tried to cancel the day after I signed up and they gave me a very hard time and would not do it Thought I might try them in the future but the customer service was brash, slightly rude, and is only available 8-5 weekdays Would not credit my account, even though I never had them do anything for me. Never did the 'onboarding" and they still would not let me delay service fee until I was ready to start. I ended up having to dispute through credit card company within 3 days.

Did not fully sign up with them because I am provided a company product that does email drip campaigns and tracks existing client base.

Jenny S.

"Excellent content to keep in touch with clients"

What do you like best?

It's so easy. My clients get great, relevant information from me on a regular basis and I don't even have to think about it. The content is great and looks so professional.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of a thing I don't like. I've like it from the very beginning and it keeps getting better.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is worth every penny. I feel like a newsletter and social media posting is necessary for every agent but It would be so much more time consuming to do it on my own. My time can be better spent.

Staying in touch with my database without taking the time it would require to do it on my own.

Jay E.

"Poor communication, unable to meet their promises, and excuses for not giving a credit"

What do you like best?

Setup was easy, and the on-boarding agent was helpful.

What do you dislike?

I joined with the expectation that Outbound Engine would keep 3 sources of social media updated. Without notice, Outbound Engine dropped support of Twitter. When I called to request this be fixed, I would told they dropped for some lame reason. I asked for a cancellation, but they said they would charge me 700+ dollars. Instead of stepping up and owning their failure to comply with the agreement I signed, they brushed it off as insignificant and refused to let me cancel without this huge fee.

Avoid this company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not use this company. You cannot trust that they will deliver on the agreement. Moreover, they will not let you cancel even if they are at fault.

Keep my sphere aware of my profession.

Blake S.

"So far so good"

What do you like best?

The ease of setup and customer support has been top notch. After reading so many bad reviews, I was quite nervous to move forward; however, I have been very pleased with the quality of my assistance.

What do you dislike?

The website layout could be a bit more modern.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give it a try if you are really looking to make efforts with your recruiting; however, if you do not have someone to manage the software do not move forward because it will not produce anything if you do not monitor it.

Streamlining our recruiting efforts. It's impossible to know the temperature of our recruits without a software like this.

Stewart W.

"terrible service and mediocre content in their campaign"

What do you like best?

I liked that they claim they could handle everything and write the content that it was supposed to be current

What do you dislike?

I thought there content was uninformed and at best meaningless in general to what is happening today. I suggested this level of content was not as shown to me prior to enrolling in their program, that i felt very mislead.

I tried to suggest they need to do additional research and add current issues to their content that was important today., affecting all of us. That there Issues were not relevant to todays issues, they had no interest. or concern . I tried to explain to them the issues affecting tax laws, etc, they could have addressed so many important issues each month, instead there content was simply a waste of time and energy to even open and read content.

I work with high net worth clients the material was meaningless.

All they wanted to do was threaten me and tell me I signed a 12 month contract there there no cancelations and there company was going to enforce it, no concerns to my business or issues i had with their performance, content.and/ or if i was satisfied with their services.

In today economic environment who wants to do business with a company like that, with that attitude?

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would not use their current content myself, i would write my own content and allow them to use it in social media.

We simply could not solve the issues nor do i believe they cared. All they did was threaten me.

Orlando D.

"Outbound Engine Does It Best"

What do you like best?

For 15 years I never put anytime into my marketing, because I was always busy working on my loans. I needhed a company that could handle all my social media needs and just expanded by adding their referral program to my marketing campaign.

I don't have to think or do anything other than inputting or importing new contacts into the database. The feedback from my clients has been nothing but positive and their campaigns are sharp and sleek. They totally understand the social media world, which is difficult at times for me to understand since I am an old school person here...lol

Their customer support is awesome as they are super responsive to my needs and questions.

I highly recommend Outbound Engine.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I dislike about their products and services.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

For the services and automation processes they have in place for my social media marketing is second to none and I feel the price is right for what they provide to their clients.

Outbound Engine is helping me stay in front of my clients and their email campaigns on my social media outlets have generated calls from past clients for their refinance and purchasing needs.

User in Real Estate

"OutBound Engine LIES about Free Months for referalls"

What do you like best?

NOTHING because I feel lied to, misled, cheated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact that I was advised REPEATEDLY of a free month for any referral than I referred my brokerage and held a demonstration in front of over 20 agents, got them to sign-up yet I receive nothing different than every sign-up (a discounted monthly fee) yet absolutely nothing for the referrals. So, OE gets 20 new memberships and I get the group rate and NOTHING MORE even after providing over 30 leads and 20 members.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Never again.

Social media active is what OE provides yet No return on investment YET and it is February 2018 and I have been using OE since June 2017.

Linda C.

"OutboundEngine has been an asset in growing my business! "

What do you like best?

That OutboundEngine is emailing items of value to my client and potential clients and keeping me in the forefront of their minds. And they are also keeping me relevent on my social media sites.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could save a copy of my items of value in a format that I could print off, so that I could mail these items to my clients that do not have emails or social media. Believe it or not these people do exist :)

Realtor Judith Ann N.

"Outbound Review after 9 months"

What do you like best?

Outbound Engine's efforts are designed and being used by my, as a Realtor, to keep my name and brand in the forefront of my customers and clients, thus hoping to save valuable time and effort .

What do you dislike?

The cost.... Dislike that I did NOT incorporate asking for referrals from customers and clients 13 years ago. Dislike not getting referrals/reviews digitally.... I have an office back door FiLLED with them.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Costly in that the ROI has been zero.

Reconnecting with those contacts [other than those on my current emailed newsletter] to spur additional business.... and to have a more professional newsletter presentation. Outbound does that beautifully..... Howver the cost is tooo dire with ROI zero.

David P.

"Stay away from Outbound Engine."

What do you like best?

I didn't like anything "best" about my experience. I liked nothing with this particular company. I fell for the upfront promises.

What do you dislike?

Signed up for 12 months of what was promised to be amazing Outbound Engine content, systems, and customer service. ALL are sub-par from this company. Their posts are mostly not relevant, and non compatible with social media algorythims. I have a large database and user interaction with Outbound Engine content is the lowest I've seen in years. A call to customer service to cancel after giving them a 6month chance to prove themselves, only yields a frustrating conversation with a entitled, "do no wrong" millennial on the other end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Skip this company.

Hot air and big promises up front, only to be disappointed later.

Norman F.

"Useless waste of time and money"

What do you like best?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING - content is not relevant to our markets and NO results at all

What do you dislike?

The reviews on this website are clearly untrue. This company provides useless service, their only concern is their monthly fee and fixing clients into a 12 month contract regardless of useless results and content

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do not implement - find a professional that delivers

Social media marketing - benefits from OBE - None!

Linda R.

"Outbound Engine"

What do you like best?

Excellent service. Very responsive.

Program is great!

They are proactive. Great Company. Extremely satisfied.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing. It does everything it is supposed to do and I am very pleased with how it is turning out

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Absolutely one of the best I have used for marketing. Really thrilled with how this is helping me stay in touch with my database.

Solving staying in touch, keeping Top of mind

Dawn T.

"In Good Hands"

What do you like best?

The knowledge and availability of the marketing team. If I get stuck, I feel that I will be well taken care of.

What do you dislike?

At times because they are so experienced in social media, I feel they go too fast for me. I'm a dino when it comes to this.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Set up your social media accounts first if you don't have them yet. It will save time.

I realize the value of social media in marketing and connecting with potential clients, yet I seem to have a block when it comes to putting myself out there. Outbound engine helps me do that and makes it easy to respond to potential clients. It's like a whole new world has opened up.

User in Real Estate

"We've just gotten started with Outbound Engine and have high hopes for success."

What do you like best?

Outbound Engine will take care of most of our social media and email campaigns which will free us up to generate leads and work other aspects of our business. We like that they have professional writers that will be posting on current market conditions on a national scale - we can then adapt our local social media/email campaigns to the same topic, just from a local or regional viewpoint.

What do you dislike?

Because this is new to us, we're trusting that the content will be valuable and appropriate for our SOI and warm contacts - it's always difficult giving up control of information that is sent out with your name on it! Not that this is a dislike; it's just currently an unknown.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Still too new in the system to recommend.

Freeing up time for our operations director to focus on other things. We have a new agent coming aboard; this gives us the time to train and work with her in an effort to shorten her learning curve.

Andrew B.

"They broke trust by writing unprofessional articles w dangerous advice and pasted my name on it"

What do you like best?

I like that the sevice helps me keep in touch w/ customers, but they need to have taken the SIMPLE SIMPLE step of requesting a professional expert write teh articles

What do you dislike?

on vegetable gardening ( they said to use rubber tire chips in the vegetable garden as a mulch- dangerous poison heavy metals and carcinogens in tire chips) the electrical articels recommend that if homeowners have experience with electrical they can do landscape lighting projects and hookups themselves (ILLEGAL?) this is insane and I can't believe I attached my name to it and I'm embarrassed and cancelled after 6 weeks once I realized how badly I embarrassed myself. They are a HUGE multimillion dollar company and they cant find an electrician or a gardnener to write a two page article. I CAN WRITE MY OWN ARTICLES IN 90 MINUTES THANK YOU VERY MUCH. MANAGEMENT DON"T LISTEN TO MY MULTIPLE CALL IN REQUESTS FOR CHANGES TO ARTICLES AND THEY ARE SQUANDERING A HUGE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT BY PISSING OFF PROFESSIONALS WITH ETHICS LIKE ME.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

USE a service that has experts writitng the articles so they don't embarrass you with hack and iirresponsible writers writing incorrect information about a topic and additionally telling customers to try electrical projects on their own. EVERY article seems to NOT be written by someone with comprehension professional topic being written about. Its foolish and dissapointing . ITs also expensive compared to other services, more than three tiems as much as average for the same service. you are paying for marketing and also for outbound to cause you a lawsuit by slapping your name at the bottom of an article recommending cusotmser put TIRE CHIPS IN THE VEGETABLE GARDEN. SCARY !

I will be using a different service to connect with customers by email

Robbin F.

"Setting Up Social Accounts and Review"

What do you like best?

The information that Outbound Engine pushes out is relevant and is being seen by my sphere. I love that they have automated the review process for me. In only one day I have two new reviews!

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at this time--except I wish it were free! ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product:

They make what haunts me so easy. I hardly touch this thing but I get responses from my contacts! What more could I want?

Just staying in front of my sphere of influence with information that anyone can use. I have had clients email to tell me that they have loved a particular newsletter!

AR
Administrator in Real Estate

"Horrific Customer Service and Irrelevant Content"

What do you like best?

There is nothing positive I would have to say about Outbound Engine.

What do you dislike?

The content that this company produces could be generated by a fifth grader in under an hour. There is no insight, no creativity, and minimal effort put forth at best. If you want to send your clients a 3-5 point list of DIY projects that are likely irrelevant or lacking insight, this might work for you. If you care about your brand and want your marketing dollars to generate leads, or at least some positive customer feedback, this is not the company for you. They sent out a piece to my Colorado customers in October with ideas how to spruce up your backyard. October in Colorado means cleaning up the leaves and preparing for snow, not building pergolas. The campaigns I sent out had an open rate of 50-60% higher than the mickey-mouse marketing they did.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If your brand matters to you and you don't want your customers making fun of the stupid content that you send them, find another vendor.

I have not received one bit of value for the $1,000 I spent on these clowns.

MICHELLE R.

"Outbound Engine offer fresh and engaging content."

What do you like best?

What I like best about Outbound Engine is their excellent customer service. My requests are addressed immediately or updates are provided until the matter has been resolved.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about Outbound Engine is the music I must listen to while waiting for a customer service representative to come on line when in the queue.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Give them a try. They are a great virtual social media assistant helping you shine out there in the World Wide Web.

The business problems they are helping me solve are: staying connected with my database, offering relevant content, freeing up my time to lead generate, alerting me to hot and warm leads, posting to all my social media outlets and inquiring about ways to continually improve on what they offer to their clients.

The benefits I have realized are: the time savings and the feedback from my clients about the great content being posted. They make me look good.

Eugene P.

"Competent, Knowleable, Experienced, Friendly, Relevent,Results Driven, Quick and Efficient"

What do you like best?

The excellent understanding of my requirements and the quick, friendly and effective implementation that gave me confidence in the Proof of Concept design .

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Add more flexibility for Group Health Insurance Agencies

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would recommend that they also purchase the Campaign Manager to customize their messaging

Finding a cost effective way to quickly reach out to my target market, which includes: Individuals, Families and Small Businesses to meet their Individual and Small Group Health Insurance needs by providing compliant, on time, cost effective solutions..

User in Real Estate

"Great service and more effective than I had anticipated."

What do you like best?

I like that without my involvement, my social media pages are interacting with my database.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty expensive and I wish I would not have had to pay an extra monthly fee for the review feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

worth the price (which I think is pretty expensive) if you are in sales and not doing any or very much social media engagement. I normally like to present very specialized and relevant content to my sphere, but I didn't have the time. Outbound engine creates good marketing and has worked to engage my database and bring me brand recognition.

Staying engaged with my entire database, finding out who is close to selling/buying, marketing content creation, merging social media platforms.

Ashley M.

"Great content but it's costly."

What do you like best?

The fact that they post on my social media and send email blasts with engaging content, on my behalf. All I have to do is give them the contacts.

What do you dislike?

The price. It really is a great service, and the customer service is next to none, but for a start up it's truly not affordable.

I've discontinued my service recently. But there was a lot of benefit to OE. And their analytics and tracking was superb. I sold a lead after seeing interaction on my desktop.

UB
User in Banking

"Generic"

What do you like best?

The only good thing about it is that it forces me to be regular with communicating to past clients.

What do you dislike?

Pretty much everything else. I don't care what your fake research says, emailing people every two weeks is way too much. And the content is incredibly generic and lame. If your going to badger people 2x a week, you better be brining it with some amazing content. I could go on, but I don't intend to do your job for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Only use this if you are incredibly lazy or incredibly busy, I am a little of both. If you can do your own marketing on your own, and bring more valuable content to your client, you should. This marketing material was written by high school kids.

marketing.

Dave C.

"Have ALWAYS had outstanding customer service from OutboundEngine."

What do you like best?

Prompt attention to whatever problem or question I have. Extreme patience when dealing with me. They always take the time to make sure I'm satisfied.

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely nothing I dislike. Like everyone else, I wish it weren't so expensive (on my limited budget), but, that being said, I think that they will be able to demonstrate to me that, when enough time has passed, it was worth every penny.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I have absolutely no reservations in recommending OutboundEngine to any company wishing to better utilize social media, but doesn't have the time or knowledge to do it themselves.

I am trying to solve the problem that I am a dolt when it comes to social media, although good use of it is essential to my survival in my business.

Learning about OutboundEngine?

* We monitor all OutboundEngine reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.