NUVI

NUVI

NUVI™ is a real-time analytics platform for social media. Their platform allows brands to instantly see what people are saying about them across the internet, respond to the most important conversations, and influence behavior in real time.

Work for NUVI?

Learning about NUVI?

NUVI Reviews

Ask NUVI a Question
Showing 127 NUVI reviews
Bill B.

"Defacto resource for Social Sentiment Intelligence"

What do you like best?

Two primary facets of NUVI stand out: their customer service is stellar. Very quick to respond and never take their customers for granted. That goes miles for me. Second is the graphic nature of the main panels used to delineate what the exact trends are. They are inherently easy to turn into reports.

What do you dislike?

I dislike what I cannot have from any supplier of such services: Facebook and Instagram data. As a caveat to that statement, I would hope that NUVI is working on a way of integrating a convenient method of automatically replicating a simple keyword search on either of those platforms. They say its not something the API allows them to do. Hopefully, in time, that will change. the other issue is the "intelligence" of the search parameters. This is an age-old issue that is relative to the specificity of your terms themselves. For NUVI to go from a 7 to a 9 or 10 in my book, they would be absolutely fastidious in their onboarding process when it comes to making the searches as applicable as humanly possible.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

First and foremost, this is not a magic bullet. Anyone who misrepresents themselves as otherwise (and there is no shortage of them) should be crossed off your list with all intentional speed. NUVI is a highly effective method of intelligence gathering for social sentiment, but suffered the slings and arrows of Facebook's (and subsequently Instagram's) curtailing of data aggregation to public and "friended" accounts. This is not a NUVI-centric change - it is a universal one. That said, your job doesnt change. You still have to gather what data is available. You still have to draw logical conclusions. NUVI is, as aforementioned - one of the best ways of doing that.

Once your monitors are set up and the search terms filtered, the trends in data become relatively self-evident. I have an immeasurably better feel for what my customers care about, and why. At the end of the day, that is precisely why we engaged them to begin with. As a manufacturer, that data is worth its weight in gold.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about NUVI
Annie G.

"AMAZING Customer Service"

What do you like best?

To me, the best part of NUVI is their customer service. They take the time to go through everything you could possibly want to go through to make sure you are getting the most out of NUVI. The last call I had with someone they taught me uses for NUVI I had no idea were even possible. It can be a complicated program, but they will walk you through everything you need.

What do you dislike?

I think the only thing I dislike about NUVI is that it isn't the perfect fit for my specific tasks, or at least it hasn't seemed to be in the past. After a phone call with someone from NUVI I do feel that it might be a better fit than I thought. I think I must have just not been using it to its full capacity.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would make sure that you know exactly what you want to get from NUVI than talk to a sales associate to see if the product will help you do that. The things it does, it does them very well. You just need to be sure it's the right fit for your company.

I have mainly used NUVI to track hashtags we have used at different conferences we have hosted. I now am planning to use it to find influencers we can work with and find the best topics and types of posts for the audience we are trying to fit.

What Social Media Management solution do you use?

Theresa B.

"Our experience with Nuvi the first year. "

What do you like best?

I truly like the platform as it is an upgrade from what my company was using previously. We recently met our support rep Jonnie, and she is incredibly helpful and insightful. Prior to us being introduced to our new rep, we would chat the customer support line and would get help from another team member.

What do you dislike?

The only thing we are not a fan of is the constant updates, we know that updates are inevitable, and moving forward now that we have a single rep as our main point of contact she can help us navigate through the changes. Would like to see if the future emails sent to admins of any social profiles that get disconnected. That would be useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's the right move, I highly recommend.

A single platform for us to share articles amongst our client's social pages and monitors so that we are informed of any mentions we create. We are looking into the monitor feature in the upcoming weeks.

Taylor Nicole V.

"We couldn't live without Nuvi!"

What do you like best?

Nuvi helps to bring real-time conversations to life! Without it, we'd be making less informed decisions about our client's social business, content direction and overall strategy.

We're able to quickly and easily create profiles, which allow us to monitor client (and even competitor) intel with a granular focus.

Custom reporting allows our team to create interactive, accurate, and detailed PDF reports that are easy to share with your clients, executives and team.

Mobile alerts allow our team to stay connected on the go. Customize text or email alerts to notify you of important developments (crisis).

What do you dislike?

Would love to see Nuvi offer a tool that can help to measure specific metrics (post frequency, impressions, etc.) as it relates to competitor social audits.

Historical data does not pull Facebook/Instagram data (only Twitter). Needs to include all social channels.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a must for any marketer in the social/digital space looking for a powerful social listening tool.

Nuvi is helping our team build insightful social strategy and content plans using in-depth, data-driven analytics and real-time social listening!

"Robust social media tracker "

What do you like best?

The dashboard provides robust and easy to read data in real-time, which is valuable for our many digital events. The interactive generated reports are useful when our team needs to report out to partners, funders and others outside of the digital/social media space. Customer service is A+.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes rule creation can get tricky when you are trying to track multiple or specific queries under the same tracker. Lack of access to robust Facebook and Instagram data is always a sticking point, it's understood that NUVI is working through limitations from those platforms.

Would also love to see all countries a particular conversation is happening in without having to download the full CSV file. RIght not can only see the top 10 in the dashboard.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The cap on mentions can be tough for organizations like mine with a smaller, non-profit budget but are having to track wide global events and conversations online.

We're using NUVI to track data on our digital events and conversations. It is helping us send back more robust data to our partners and funders and identify opportunities to engage high-level folks talking about our issues.

Tania D.

"Huge potential thrown away with lack of innovation and changes they can't explain from day to day"

What do you like best?

Fell in love with their visuals a while back. Other than that, their data is limited, they say fb is limited to all but other platforms like BW or Sysomos somehow get it (???)

I'll admit it is easy to use, but whats the point if the data just isn't there.....they fell way behind and that is the reason I happily canceled.

What do you dislike?

Limited data sources (they'll try to tell you otherwise, but if you run ANY other tools vs NUVI at the same time, you'll see these guys barely scrape the surface.

I had 5 different Account Managers and the person who sold me the tool is gone (along with the 3 that came after him since the company was acquired by some publishing tool they tried to sell me for way too much.

Pricing is way to high for what they offer. They act like they are in the same field as BrandWatch and NetBase, when in reality they are closer to a nicer looking Hootsuite.

IF YOU NEED DATA - STAY AWAY FROM NUVI!

IF YOU NEED FLEXIBILITY IN PRICING - STAY AWAY (should be a way cheaper solution for what they offer)

IF YOU DON'T NEED THE HASSLE OF DEALING WITH MESSY CONTRACTS - STAY AWAY!

WORST business decision we made last year was committing to a contract.

You've been warned!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Unfortunately this company is not headed in the right direction. The lack of innovation and constant technical issues they have with the tool is damaging to clients.

At the end they created more problems than solutions. Ran out of things to say to my clients. "They are doing upgrades", "They are working on it", etc

Tyler B.

"Overall good experience"

What do you like best?

Our account representative, Jonnie, has been absolutely great! She is on top of it and has reached out to me to help me with whatever I need help with.

What do you dislike?

I think understanding all the data can be a little overwhelming. Set up definitely needs help with a rep, which you offer so thank you. We are picking up other tags from other companies and it can be hard to filter through that as well.

We are using this system to report to our clients the social media impact they have, which is what they are paying us to do, so yay.

Casey B.

"Incredible Software for Listening & Engagement"

What do you like best?

Scheduling software is incredible. Monitors for listening are easy to setup, tweak, and utilize for proactive engagement. Reports are the best I've ever seen from a listening software company. Also, the BEST part is the Client Success Support manager (Amberlyn) assigned to my account! She made me an expert in a matter of weeks, showing value and ROI to my company for utilizing NUVI as well as helped me go from learner to strategic user within a month! I can't recommend NUVI enough!

What do you dislike?

Whatever I disliked was fixed (originally no video upload capability - now they have it; originally no calendar visibility across users from the same account - now they have it). Whatever issues I had, I was able to voice to the developers themselves and saw it implemented within months! Amazing!

I manage social media MYSELF for a nation's top 50 New Home Builder. NUVI allowed me to not only optimize my efforts, but duplicate myself in regards to social media publishing, creative, and engagement by listening to what users and competitors are saying and taking a competitive advantage. NUVI took our Facebook group from 15K followers to 26K followers in only 4 months as well as drove more sales YTD than all last year's social media was able to harvest! We have been notified of negative posts and feedback quicker through NUVI notifications than any other platform is able to deliver.

Tarron A.

"Great Tool with Great Expierence"

What do you like best?

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Sydney & her team the last 2 years and couldn’t be more happy with their knowledge and customer service. What I like best is the capability that the AI has. It becomes smarter over time allowing for more accurate social listening data.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I don't like. My account team has been very helpful from day 1. I'm pretty good at learning the ends & outs of software so learning to use the system was pretty straight forward.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Check out Nuvi. It integrates with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Linkedin as well as many more. The social monitoring AI is very slick, and keeps it easy to keep track of all your engagements (Social Monitoring) throughout Social Media. Not only that, it has the ability to post, schedule your social media content from inside its dashboard.

Give them a call and see for yourself.

Social monitoring, reputation management with audience insights. This is a data machine if used correctly. The data it provides over time will allow you to optimize your social media strategy.

Kailey M.

"Great Customer Service!"

What do you like best?

The reps at Nuvi take the time to train and onboard users to make sure they get the most out of the platform! They set up training for us and were super knowledgeable about all things social listening!

What do you dislike?

There are a few parts of the system that we don't use. Like the reach and spread feature. The automated reports also could use some work!

Nuvi has made creating social listening reports a breeze! We take screenshots right from the platform.

Alicia J.

"Do NOT Sign an Agreement with NUVI"

What do you like best?

Absolutely Nothing positive to say about my short lived, high cost experience with NUVI. They only do a demo and will not let you "test drive" the product before you sign a contract..... I wish I had never even found out about NUVI, I basically spent the savings I was using for my 10th anniversary vacation to buy out my contract, worst business decision I ever made!

What do you dislike?

After using their tool for 30 days I discovered there were limitations and my small marketing team could not automate much of what we needed to. I wanted to cancel the service but they were unwilling to do so, yes I signed a contract but at the end of the day their product did not streamline the process like they initially said it would. In the end I am PERSONALLY paying the contract off, as it was my fault I signed a contract and will not charge my company for it. Bad customer service, bad Karma, bad company!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DON"T DO IT PLEASE!!!!!!

AM
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"DON'T TRUST NUVI!"

What do you like best?

Not much anymore. They changed their software but arent servicing the current version yet Im stuck paying for a service that doesnt work!

What do you dislike?

Instead of monthly billing, the are so desperate for cash that they want a lump sum payment of $5000, an increase from what I'm paying now.

Their customer service is non-existent and I have serious doubts about the longevity of this company.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Beware of the 1 year commitment and their requirement of cancelling in writing 30 days prior to your rebewal date.

None right now since I am not getting alerts or data that I am monitoring. Im essentially burning money. The company was better and then 2016 happened. Ive gone through a handful of account managers and now am assigned to a team. There's no customer service, their social media presence is horrible (for a company that's supposedly an expert in this field) and their product is broken.

Kevin C.

"Flexible tool with great customer service"

What do you like best?

Customer service has been consistent - knowledgeable and adaptive. Even though we've had different reps in the more than four years we've had the tool - all have been excellent.

What do you dislike?

Limited Facebook API - but we understand that all listening tools have the same limitations.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ease of use, great customer service. Displays well to clients.

Reputation management and influencer nurturing. We track URLs with the tool to get a head-ups on substantial mentions in trade pubs.

AP
Agency in Public Relations and Communications

"Awesome Monitoring and Listening Tool"

What do you like best?

There are many great features that we like about NUVI. We initially purchased this tool just for listening/monitoring but have learned to do so much more with it. We have the best account manager, Shae'la, who goes above and beyond to explain and answer any questions we may have. With little knowledge about the tool at first, she has been able to inform and educate our team on the tool and all of its cool features. We really enjoy the "stream" feature and love the reports that NUVI creates. The dashboards for each monitor is also very easy and friendly to use.

What do you dislike?

Sentiment can be very inaccurate which reflects poorly in our reports but we've learned that this can be easily corrected. We have a specific way of reporting to our clients and NUVI doesn't include all the basic metrics such as follower growth and top performing posts so we still need to use other tools to pull that information.

NUVI is helping our team build insightful social strategy and content plans using in-depth, data-driven analytics and real-time social listening.

Quaetapo .

"Great tool for social intelligence"

What do you like best?

We've been using Nuvi for over a year now and it's become a central tool in our social intelligence and social relationship management strategies for clients. We find it invaluable as a contributor to building our Account Based Marketing programs and delivering critical information in a timely fashion for our clients, their influencers and competitors activity.

What do you dislike?

The main difficulty we have experienced has revolved around the building of monitors and the filtering process to ensure we're getting the right information being monitored. Part of this has to do with the narrower targeting we undertake as a B2B agency. We also have found the level of activity of companies and individuals in this space in Australia can be quite small. To address this, for us it would be helpful if we could have greater capabilities with LinkedIn.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take advantage of the Nuvi team to help implement and keep your service optimised. They work hard to help get it right.

As an intelligence tool it's helping to keep our clients informed of activity associated with the brands and products, so this becomes critical in giving them information that is timely and has currency. As a planning tool, it's been incredibly beneficial in developing our content strategies as well as impacting on SEO/SEM through keeping us informed of topics and phrases that are in use.

Kevin P.

"Solid Baseline Listening & Insights"

What do you like best?

The STREAM view of all mentions is SO actionable. It really let's you hone in on what is most important, what needs attention and how it fits into the larger equation. Also the pricing is amazing and VERY flexible - love the low barrier of entry and ability to throttle and grow with our client base.

What do you dislike?

Getting the right keywords combinations and syntax + structure can be tough, especially when you are trying to be lean and focused with the number of mentions you are processing each month. The good news is, their team is there to help you craft those and they are very forgiving on temporary overages.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need a solid listening platform at a flexible price point. Start with NUVI.

Streamlined community management, Weekly social platform snapshot emails, audience insights (currently testing their Facebook Topic Data tool), and monthly reporting visualizations + trends. Also new business pitches!

Melissa D.

"NUVI - wasn't a great fit for us"

What do you like best?

NUVI generated a LOT of data, and it was available in an interesting graphic format.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes difficult to use, not great for engagement, half the time sentiment indicators were incorrect (it would often flag words like "don't" as negative), and it was often slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Be aware that NUVI offers very deep, yet narrow data. If you're looking for social listening but don't really need lots of engagement tools, then you'll probably do fine. However, one thing to take into account is that the Sentiment data can sometimes be misleading, and you'll have to take a close look at the data points to make sure they're not being misinterpreted (i.e. - words like "don't" were often listed as negative by the system).

We have actually stopped using NUV because it just wasn't doing what we needed it to. YMMV.

Cesar G.

"Great tool. Helps cover a majority of our needs. "

What do you like best?

I like that you can specifically customize your monitor. LeRoy, our rep at NUVI, has also been a huge help. Not only is he available for us at all times, but he consistently reaches out to show us new features, tricks and tips, and even helps with any client work directly.

What do you dislike?

There is no way to indicate a certain word or phrase as negative in set-up, thus resulting in an inaccurate reading and often a lot of time in having to manually change every "negative" mention to neutral or positive. In addition, there are also only a few mentions that NUVI can house per hour. A bit of a let down should your brand have a major spike in a short timeframe.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Great tool for all social needs. Social listening component is as good as it can get and provides you with all the customization functionality you could use. All data is also organized beautifully. Analytics are great. Customizable reports are easy to develop and include geography analytics, mention volume and insights, share of voice, influencer insight, etc. I also appreciate the ease of content publishing, allowing me to manage all my clients content in one dashboard.

Social listening and content publishing. It provides great insight into conversations about the brand/client and organizes all of that well. Being able to schedule content for multiple clients in one area is also a huge time saver.

Evan C.

"Useful tool for monitoring brand and industry terms, as well as the people who are using them"

What do you like best?

It's great at visualizing mentions of the brand/industry terms you've chosen to monitor, as well as information on the people who are using those terms. Automated email reports also help save time vs manually compiling and sending them. We haven't yet used the Facebook Audience analysis feature (costs extra), but it looks very useful.

What do you dislike?

Monitors only pull in mentions of terms, and only from the time of creation (non-historical). Good to use at the beginning of a campaign, but if you want to see what people have been saying historically before the creation of a monitor (a la Topsy), then unfortunately you're out of luck.

We were trying to get a better handle on volume of brand mentions and better identifying when influencers used these terms. Simply pulling searches into a column/feed flattens your inbound messages; you don't see where spikes occur. With NUVI, you can visualize when high points happened and drill down and figure out why.

Anders P.

"GREAT FOR LISTENING, NOT BUILT FOR ENGAGING"

What do you like best?

NUVI provides a great platform for listening. If you need/want to track any mentions of your brand, competitors, or industry terms across the web, NUVI can find it. The reports also look great and are easy to send out to your team to see results from your efforts.

What do you dislike?

There's not an easy way to take action on mentions that come in and lacks on the engagement factor. Replying to comments and messages would often take us out of the NUVI platform and take extra time to reply/engage.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you're committed. The minimum commitment is one year.

Tracking mentions across channels to see reach and impressions of the brand. We found instances where the brand was talked about more in cities that we had recently been in for an event. Brand mentions/followers were also higher in those cities/states where we had had a physical presence. This helped confirm with data that what we were doing was making a positive impact on the brand.

Nick R.

"Review of Nuvi"

What do you like best?

The information regarding mentions, reach, and spread are easily shown in reports and graphs that can be downloaded. Most social media platforms included which allows us to find all needed info in one spot.

What do you dislike?

The system is a bit clunky, with selections that don't save right away and have to be redone and an interface that could be cleaned up a bit on the back end. Would also be great if there was a raw data or numbers reports you could download.

We need one central place to track our social media engagement across our company and competitors and identify major influencers. While no LinkedIn data is available (seems to be a privacy issue LI has with its API) we have all other social info in one spot.

Timothy B.

"Monitoring Tool With Great Visual Data"

What do you like best?

Nuvi allows us to monitor our brand and displays the data in a visually appealing and easy to understand way. We are able to monitor any and all keywords we choose and also get data specific to our and our competitor's social media pages via the Monitors tab. I have gained a lot of insight from analyzing the data our social media pages produce via the channels tab. Nuvi also allows us to use their audience tab to gain valuable insights via Facebook Topic Data.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see more interpretive functionality. Currently, I can use Nuvi to dig into the data, but it doesn't provide much interpretation of that data.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Looking for a good monitoring tool with excellent data visualization? NUVI is a great, low cost choice.

We were looking for a tool that would allow us to monitor our brand, our competitors and the industry on social media sites. Nuvi gives that information in a great visual format. We have been able to respond to those talking about us on social and that has improved our customer service. Additionally, we have gained insights from our competitors and industry monitors, allowing us to make better marketing decisions.

Katie H.

"An easy to use exciting product"

What do you like best?

Nuvi is easy to use once you get used to it and this is only our first month but already we have found interesting data.

I find topics, links and hashtags very useful and already it is already helping to guide our social media direction and content. Influencers is also proving useful

The support has been excellent and our account manager is always quick to respond and helpful. She was very helpful in the set up process which is what made Nuvi such an easy product to use.

Even though we are based in Australia and Nuvi are in the USA, she works hours that are compatible with Australia.

What do you dislike?

It's a shame that 'Monitors' comprises mostly of Twitter and that Facebook is shown through audiences. it would be great if these two platforms were aggregated in one dashboard / one report.

There are limitations with Audiences due to Facebook's stipulations on privacy and amending their content. Particularly not being able to edit the sentiment analysis as it has often been incorrect due to words being misinterpreted.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make use of the excellent support. I had trouble setting up my search terms and making them valuabkle at first and the support really helped.

Using Nuvi has helped us identify key themes that our stakeholders and community are talking about and then to use those insights to create engaging content.

We have also discovered users discussing our business whom we would not have otherwise known about. This helps put us on the front foot with a few issues.

Jessica P.

"Nothing but Issues"

What do you like best?

The IDEA of it is great, does it work as well as they sell you on? If you are a HUGE business, sure it might, but not without a lot of work to decipher all their graphs, skim through activity one grueling minute at a time, and click on hundreds to thousands of bubbles INDIVIDUALLY to engage with people. If you are a small company, forget it. This service will be a complete waste of money. Not to mention they will say whatever they need to to trick you into a contract and then bind you to it for an entire year.

What do you dislike?

I dislike a lot. I dislike that they don't send invoices at all before you are charged and if you try to access invoices in your account, don't worry you can't because they don't exist there.

I dislike that we were told we had a 30-day no-contract trial that wasn't even long enough to build up enough useful data to see if it was even worth the $300/mo they charge. Not only that, we are such a small company with so low of mentions it has been COMPLETELY useless. They don't care, they just want your money. And because we emailed them a few days after the 30 day trial (including weekends) they "talked to their lawyers" and "the lawyers" just couldn't let us out of the contract. How desperate are they that they need our $300/mo if they have such large companies on board that they brag about on their website?

I also dislike how there is no useful way to engage with Instagram. If you have 1,000 bubbles of engagement you have to click them all individually and change the color to know what you have even checked or not checked. It is tedious, time consuming, and a complete waste of time. I don't even know how large companies manage this because of how much work it is.

Monitors are hard to set up, you have to specify and narrow down SO much just to tailor it to what you need. You can't be too broad, but you can't be too specific. They will ask to set up calls all day to waste your time just telling you all the work you need to do to get it right.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you want more work on your plate, take this on. If your company is small, DO NOT use this service. Make sure you are aware they lock you into a one year contract so they can ensure they get your money, not because this service will be useful to you or your business.

Not resolving any business issues, managing NUVI is actually MORE work than anything.

ZERO benefits. We are too small of a company and it is completely useless. They didn't have any sympathy for our less than 100 mentions a day and have bound us to the contract anyway. Cell phone providers don't even lock you into contracts any more. I think they are extremely desperate for money.

Laurel W.

"Most incredible experience with a software company, TO DATE!"

What do you like best?

Amber, my sensational, informative, creative, personable, business savvy Nuvi rep. I cannot express how great the customer service is at this company. With me from the very start, having a Nuvi rep by my side has made a huge difference in my understanding of the product as a whole. Not only have I been able to create intuitive, specific monitors, but the leads we found helped us build our entire community. High fives, all around. What a truly fantastic product, with an even better team of people leading the way.

What do you dislike?

Frankly, nothing. I pitched Nuvi as part of my social strategy to get a new job, and it's totally what I have to thank for the contract I just signed this week. Nuvi for the win, folks.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

GET IT! Immediately!

Finding our community. Listening to the conversation about our product, and identifying how we can best become a part of that conversation, in a manner that leads to increased app downloads and increased sales.

Learning about NUVI?

* We monitor all NUVI reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.