- It is user-friendly software.
- It features lots of embedded functions needed for programming in different fields.
- It includes various toolboxes which are so useful for engineering projects.
- It is so easy to install Matlab.
- It is pretty easy to find Matlab syntaxes with its Help option on the command window.
- It includes examples, demos, which are very useful.
- It includes Simulink that you can easily build block diagrams of a system and run it.
- You can compile your code in Matlab somehow that is compatible with other software.
- You can easily modify your code and save it.
- It includes lots of evolutionary algorithms like Genetics, PSO, ... ready to use.
- It does not have any specific disadvantage, however, it would be nicer if its price was lower.
It would be better if the price for the new toolboxes of Matlab is lower. Our university, unfortunately, does not provide all the toolboxes for the students.
I use Matlab for a huge part of my academic research. It has been a while that I use Matlab and I am totally satisfied with it.