python sql

4.0

python-sql is a library to write SQL queries in a pythonic way.

Work for python sql?

Learning about python sql?

python sql Reviews

Showing 26 python sql reviews
python sql review by Jenn G.
Jenn G.

"Free database organization helper for coders"

What do you like best?

Works directly as an add-on for python, using the same language to do many versatile things. Overall fairly pleased wit its inner workings

What do you dislike?

Python is a fairly rudimentary language, its one of the easiest to learn but within database organization I did not entirely enjoy using python sql. I prefer having a more front end visual approach, like using Access to manage databases. This is a preference rooted in your comfort with coding, I am not as familiar with python versus other languages, so it did not suit my needs well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

if you are comfortable with sql and python, this might be the best and free option for managing databases under a git file structure. Otherwise, you may want to switch to Access.

Database management was fairly easy however visually was a nightmare to operate when compared to Access for instance. It was however nice to have full control over databases instead of a program like Access. Really its a preference to use one or the other and if you are proficient with python and sql

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about python sql
python sql review by Rogher N.
Rogher N.

"Using python bindings against the sqlite3. "

What do you like best?

Besides all the syntantic sugar that Python provides for writing scripts in structured manner, it's fast and easy to maintain. Being python it can be ran under windows or Linux without protability concerns also.

What do you dislike?

In contrast to other python libraries, documentations can be hard to find.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Find bunch of examples on the web and modify to your liking and test it out before deploying with business data. Easy to fat finger mistakes and hard to debug.

Automate converting fairly large set of CSVs to sqlite database. Once tables are setup the way you want it's fairly easy to get the script to extract the data you want, it can be quite a time saver.

What Python Package solution do you use?

python sql review by User in Computer Software

"Effective, Powerful Query Language"

What do you like best?

I love the vast array of functions and how much overlap there is with traditional python. It's very convenient to be already aware of python and be able to use this query language within the same skill set. It integrates well with our stand-alone python and stand-alone sql.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the syntax can be a little clumsy and troubleshooting errors can be a little imprecise, as with a lot of database languages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great selection if you need a query language that can handle a variety of functions and big data. It's also relatively easy and intuitive to learn and master in a short period of time. In our experience, it should integrate well with any existing python or sql you have in your system.

Finding a powerful way to query our database efficiently and find something that smoothly integrates with our existing framework.

python sql review by User

"Running data analysis on SQL database via code"

What do you like best?

Python SQL lets me do my job as a senior analyst very well. It's a plug and play library so I can put it into my Python installation and start running analytic SQL queries with our PostgreSQL database. This library supports a plethora of different libraries and that's very cool.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how python sql is open source and hard to get support for.

Python SQL has reduced my need to use the PGADMIN software that is default on my computer. I can now run all the queries I need from my IDE and then get the results stored into python pandas dataframes.

python sql review by User in Financial Services

"Works well "

What do you like best?

I like how easy to use this program is. It has wonderful help functions that allow for aid when a script doesn’t go as planned. It also is easy to connect to other platforms.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how sometimes I have to reset it. When I initially started using Python SQL, the windows would not display correctly and I would have to reset the program in order to understand the outputs shown. While this was annoying, once I understood the quirks, it worked well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out and see how you feel after a few weeks before making an initial decision.

I used Python SQL for webscrapping, and twitter analysis to help me understand different insights better. This was done with a group for a project and it allowed the benefit of pulling information easier than other programs.

python sql review by User

"One of the best tools for data manipulation."

What do you like best?

I love that its user-friendly interface makes it easy for me to get it to automate anything which helps save a couple of minutes everyday. People would argue that Excel can do most of the job but trust me, its a much more versatile tool.

What do you dislike?

If you handle databases on a large scale, there might be some slow-down in terms of performance but then again, other programming softwares out there are probably facing the same issue.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go with an open mind. Welcome change for it might bring about different ways to model your data and the way you analyze.

Helped solved the overwhelming data I needed to sift through and it helps that it works well with both CSV and Excel files. Its best used for standardizing business metrics to make informed decisions

python sql review by Mina S.
Mina S.

"Common Database, Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

Useful for large databases. They can now be queried instead of having several increments of small data. Not much lag, unlike other libraries. Easily connected as well, no bugs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing much. Currently using SQL in python makes everything much faster.

Not many problems. We write, for example, to our finance team the codes so they can execute by simply copying and pasting (just changing the dates) to figure out data sets for certain months. It is widely used within the office, not just restricted to the engineering team.

python sql review by Wladimir S.
Wladimir S.

"When two top-of-the-market tools come together, only good things happen!"

What do you like best?

I like Python SQL because it allows me to work inside Python, generating more agility in the tasks of consulting the bank, it is also very good to work with large amounts of data.

What do you dislike?

It is not so well known on the web that makes the search for help a bit difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to continue in the Python environment and work with the AI, you should consider working with that integration.

Data analysis for AI creation.

python sql review by Andrew D.
Andrew D.

"Querying SQL for accounting in python"

What do you like best?

Python SQL package lets me easily query the SQL database via python so I can save my code and workflow entirely. I love how it is easily installable via wheel and can be used immediately.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how python sql is open source and there isn't much support.

Python SQL has reduced the time it takes for me to run the entire workflow. For example, I don't have to navigate back to the SQL developer anymore.

python sql review by Ray J.
Ray J.

"Best way to run SQL in python"

What do you like best?

I like best about python SQL that I can run SQL queries right from my programs just by importing the library. It's simple and effective.

What do you dislike?

Python SQL is open source software and hard to get support for

The business problems I am solving with python sql is the ability to run automated SQL workflows via python programs in ways I previously could not. This has sped up development time and deployment testing.

python sql review by Michael C.
Michael C.

"Python scripts to get it Done "

What do you like best?

I like the Python interface. It makes it easy to build and share scripts with others in ways that other software platforms dont permit. I also like the simplicity.

What do you dislike?

Of course, like any other script program, Python could stand to increase its suite of features. Sure I can pull data, but that should be just the starting point.

Python Sql allows me to build queries/ scripts, simply. It also makes sharing, easier.

python sql review by Rushi C.
Rushi C.

"Great library for querying SQL in python for modeling"

What do you like best?

I am an analytics engineer and python SQL is a godsend because I can query the database without the biggest interaction to the database itself. It's lightweight and well integrated.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that python SQL is a package without much support.

Python SQL is letting me run analytic SQL workflows within python in a seamless manner without worrying much about the database. It's reduced the time to building dashboards.

python sql review by Rebecca B.
Rebecca B.

"python sql is a great way to run SQL in python"

What do you like best?

Python SQL lets me seamlessly connect to a SQL database and run SQL code within python. I think I like how I can use the library and run SQL queries easily.

What do you dislike?

Python SQL isn't the easiest thing to work with and cant run analytic SQL queries that otherwise must be run in PGADMIN.

Python SQL gives our applications the capability to use CRUD functions with the basic SQL statements.

python sql review by Miriam C.
Miriam C.

"python sql"

What do you like best?

It is a python module that facilitates in a professional way the database queries of the different drivers, has support and has a large community available to attend and improve the module, python is scalable, robust and handles large amount of data

What do you dislike?

That is not known worldwide, is very little named on the Internet, lack of support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use it, ease of use.

Connections, backups, sql queries.

python sql review by Noah R.
Noah R.

"Python based tool to run SQL."

What do you like best?

Python SQL allows me to run queries on the postgresql database we use so I don't have to use the app anymore.

What do you dislike?

Python sql is open source and there isn't much documentation and support for it.

Python sql is allowing me to go beyond having a SQL worksheet running singular queries and instead I can run individual scripts as if they are jobs.

python sql review by Amrut K.
Amrut K.

"simple RDB system"

What do you like best?

same language for any kind of data base, usage of cache for time saving. it' customization for the embedded applications is the appreciated thing.

What do you dislike?

Nothing specific but sometimes, it's ram usage affects the performance of this software application.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Uses less memory, quite Faster.

Getting the value of Attributes passed by the frontend and crosscheck if the Services are working properly or not.

python sql review by Rajat W.
Rajat W.

"SQL Database Connection and Management"

What do you like best?

Always wanted to have a module with which you can connect to sql databases and write in sql using python to manage and extract the data. Very powerful in managing databases.

What do you dislike?

Database connection also makes it prone to data theft which can happen.

Managing data is very important for the business. With advanced tool like this it helps to manage data efficiently.

python sql review by John W.
John W.

"I enjoy SQL"

What do you like best?

It is easy to learn and easy to use. Very user friendly. Python is a fun language.

What do you dislike?

The design is not the nicest, aesthetically. Otherwise I do not have any gripes with it and have not heard of others having gripes with it so far.

Python is easy to use and learn, and my coworkers enjoy working with it.

"Using Python SQL"

What do you like best?

PyPI helps me find and install software developed and shared by the Python community that is relevant to the work I do.

What do you dislike?

There is a little bit TOO much information and python software out there which can be overwhelming

Recommendations to others considering the product

Only use it if youre already familiar with Python

I use python code and software to model problems in GIS

python sql review by Tanmayan P.
Tanmayan P.

"SQL database management using easy Python interface"

What do you like best?

All the necessary SQL functions, like SELECT, WHERE and JOIN are function calls to a Table class. (I use python-sql v1.0.0)

What do you dislike?

Using Python inherently makes the access time higher than what could be achieved by a query language or a native SQL server

Database management

python sql review by Sayali K.
Sayali K.

"python sql review"

What do you like best?

the system is easy to use and simple to understand. the system helps to do things quickly

What do you dislike?

the interface of the system is a bit complicated to sometimes difficult to understand

machine learning model building

"python sql"

What do you like best?

it's easy and effective to run sql in a python script

What do you dislike?

connectivity issues from python to disparate systems

extract & ingest data from different source systems

python sql review by Talapagala p.
Talapagala p.

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

It offers cross-platform capabilities, high availability.

What do you dislike?

complex use cases are difficult to handle.

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good resource to use.

User friendly.

python sql review by User

"Integrating analytical programming into SQL server"

What do you like best?

Enables the compute process to be executed at the server, reduces data movement and can analyse full data instead of samples.

What do you dislike?

The movement of data for sure increases security issues.

Integration of Python into SQL Server lets users run parallel analytical jobs that were otherwise difficult to do with. And can make use of in memory tables.

"Efficient usage"

What do you like best?

It is easier to integrate SQL with python. Very easy to load data tables using SQL and use python package to do data analysis

What do you dislike?

It is Little slower to execute the programs

Data analysis

python sql review by User

"Decent alternative to mysql"

What do you like best?

Significantly lighter than mysql for self contained projects.

What do you dislike?

Not as fully featured as mysql. Consider sync with other dbs.

storing inverted indexes as a data structure

Learning about python sql?

* We monitor all python sql reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.