Simulink Reviews & Product Details

What is Simulink?

Simulink is a tool for block diagrams, electrical mechanical systems and machines from MathWorks.

Simulink Profile Details

Simulink Reviews

1-50 of 62 total Simulink reviews
senior graphic designer.

"SIMULINK is very good"

What do you like best?

I have used this program and the utility is very good simulations in the control processes that we carry out in the electronic and electrical equipment production industry. Its graphs allow us to see the low and high in the output processes and to make the best decisions, already been able to meet our expectations with the size of the desired requirements, our engineers are very satisfied with it. and have Convert this tool into your right hand.

What do you dislike?

Actually I do not have any negative point in the time of use with this system, the results seem very good, the only thing I could recommend is to try to reduce the cost of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend to my fellow engineers that they should use this tool since the simulations and control are very efficient and can perform a large number of variables. the program has been developing for a long time and because of this they have added software that complements it, this makes it better than other programs that are in the market, this makes my results in real time the most satisfactory.

In the company, problems with complex equations were solved with great effectiveness and, to be interlaced with matlab, their performance is better seen allowing to see the inter relationships of variables in the control loops and if there are other tools that improve their performance and debug any final result in the processes we are doing.

Industrial Control Engineer

"A specialized software for the simulation of control systems"

What do you like best?

It seems an incredible tool, very useful to perform the simulation of control system for multiple areas such as industrial control, which also allows me to graphically order the blocks that I will use in the control loop, being able to appreciate this graphically is very useful because Many programs only allow to express it through equations. It also has a large number of blocks and elements to use and oscilloscopes to be able to appreciate graphically the response of the output depending on the input.

What do you dislike?

In a way I do not like that when you have to simulate very complex control loops the program takes a long time to run the simulation, possibly due to computer power failures and the software is not fully optimized

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I recommend this program to all my engineering colleagues who need to test and simulate simple and complex control loops, because this program allows them to test a large number of variations of control loops. In addition, that this tool is linked to MatLab, and allows to use variables and constants previously declared in the MatLab environment. It is also an environment that takes a long time in development and has a large number of tools that other software do not have, in addition to the possibility of integrating certain functions with real-world variable meters, and performing real-time calculations

It has been a very useful and interesting software for the company, because it allows us to simulate the equations of control systems that have already been previously calculated in programs like MatLab. In addition, that of being simple to use and has a large amount of documentation of many of its functions

Research Assistant
Industrial Automation
(10,001+ employees)

"A must have tool for researchers"

What do you like best?

I use MATBLAB Simulink all the days in my work as a research assistant. It is a tool that I could use for develop different scenarios and research areas. In my case, I use the software to develop Hardware-in-the-Loop applications that could be easly deployed in a dSPACE device. Using it, Simulink makes very easy my developments and I can focus my work in add value to my research projects. It is very easy to develop using modules and connections between them.

What do you dislike?

One of the thing that I think the product could improve is the compatibility between the different versions of MATLAB. When I upgrade the application and want to do some test with old programms, come times the development modules doesn't work with the same results.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Is a very great tool for research, but the user have to look for the best fit tool depending of the research area or specific application, because using MATLAB in some cases is a little bit expensive or too heavy to run simple applications.

Simulink makes easy the development of my research applications.

Systems Engineer

"It is a perfect software for the simulation of control systems in engineering"

What do you like best?

I like the incredible capabilities that this software has for the simulation of industrial control systems, the ability to find the compensation points in arrears or advance graphically as the case may be. In addition to having specialized tools for each analysis and approach that you want to give to a situation. I also find it quite simple to use in conjunction with Matlab, and to be able to share variables between both tools.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that the licenses of this software are so expensive, since small companies can not pay for their use. In addition, there is a lot of piracy of this software and it makes those who really have a license to hesitate if this license is really necessary. Sometimes the software needs great resources of the computer to do tasks and simple simulations

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I can recommend this software, because it is a simple and powerful software to solve complex simulations, although great simulations require large computer resources. It is also easy to use and there is a very large community that helps to solve doubts at any time

It has solved great problems in the company, because it helps us calibrate the control systems of our clients allowing us to provide better services with a visual and intuitive interface

GNC - Mission Design Lead Engineer
Defense & Space

"Review for Simulink"

What do you like best?

Simulink is the perfect tool for control system design. It is very intuitive and easy to use. The user interface is very user friendly. It is easy to model the dynamics of any system, tune control algorithms and quickly analyze the stability and performance of the designed systems. Root loci and Nyquist plots are generated automatically and they're very easy to manipulate.

What do you dislike?

The computations can be pretty slow. If you have long simulations to run, this might not be the best tool to use. There is no easy way to debug your system/code when you encounter a problem, it is hard to introduce breaking points. You also need to buy quite a few toolboxes (controls/aerospace on my end) to get the full experience and it can get pretty expensive very quickly.

I am designing control systems for the aerospace industry. Simulink allows me to design, analyze the performance and test my algorithms and systems. It is a good way to start on control system designs and get good results and performance quickly.

Software Engineer

"Simulink the Protector"

What do you like best?

I like this software because this software helps me to simulate any engineering related things.

What do you dislike?

As I am an engineering I have no dislikes about this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

As this software is very wast and all the features are not used by our company I would as that the price is comparably very very high and the use is somewhat less. Otherwise the software is Best. Thank you

I am an Electrical Enigneer and I am working in the De thok company. Our company has many meets with this software as this software simulates and tells about the working condition of any model we make. I think this software will touch many heights of success as I know uptill now I have seen the only software which simulates. As the software which is very very expensive approximately 15 lakhs. But it is very compatible and frequently used by our company. This software is used by our company to simulate the circuits, as the circuits in real life are very hard to implement as it can have a blast or explosion. So like this it helps us to scope the waves and to multiplex all the equipments and helps us to simulate that the PCB or our products will be easy and compatible to use for the longer and better use. Mainly the Power electronics parts are the best as our company uses that part frequently as the PCBs are direct in connection with the PCBs. So from my side this software is very good and easy to use.

Instructional Student Assistant
(Myself Only)

"Very good for fiber optics calculations"

What do you like best?

They way it gives the exact values for different lengths of fibers when connected to different types of modulation.

What do you dislike?

It need certain basics to be cleared before using it. Once the basic tools are known it is pretty much easy to design the whole optisystem.

The only problem is that it takes a lot of time to start up if you are using the lower version of Windows such as windows 7 or XP or VISTA. if you are using the higher end of Windows it opens up pretty quickly. For students using this software to design their optisystem it gives a perfect value for the output which helps them in their project.

"Incredible Dynamic System Analysis Tool"

What do you like best?

The interface is simple to use and very approachable. Having the ability to simulate a dynamic system such as a DC motor or a suspension system has been incredibly helpful in my coursework, extracurricular activities, projects, and in my professional work.

What do you dislike?

The price point is very steep for many companies to take advantage of Simulink.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Not a very steep learning curve, but requires a large amount of engineering knowledge to use effectively. Not very useful unless the user wants to analyze dynamic systems. This would be the only use that I can see Simulink being used for.

Simulink allows engineers to simulate different inputs to a control system or a dynamic system. Engineers can create models to simulate physical systems, giving them the ability to do experiments and tune systems without spending the money to build physical tests. After building the model, performance in a physical test can be compared to that of the simulation, giving engineers the power to save large amounts of money.

Automotive Design Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Simulink - The Best mathematical and control system analysis solving software."

What do you like best?

Simulink is a complete package for control system desingning. The interface is very convinient for beginners since it has got plenty of tutorials and help option in case the user gets confused

The best part of simulink is we can solve differentials equation.very quickly.

What do you dislike?

At times the process gets slow to generate output. The Cost of the sofware is also in bit expensive side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would only wish the pricing of the software to come down for many consumers to get benefitted.

I have used simulink across most of my projects such as to create data analysis and comparison I have created even math problems that needed a quick and clear solve, manipulations and graphing of the results obtained.

Design engineer
(10,001+ employees)

"Powerful tool for simulation and modelling"

What do you like best?

I found accurate simulation results. The debugger is fantastic and clear syntax that makes your code readable and fix. The graphical representation using plot graph is very interactive to predict future performance.

What do you dislike?

A bit slow language for data analysis. Processing time is longer and high price for liscense.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Easy to learn and powerful tool for modelling.

Iam doing with Thermal management systems(TMS) using simulink for aerospace.It offers a wide range of numerical integration solves that suited for TMS heat transfer problems.

Design Engineer Intern

"Good tool for Control system design and Modelling"

What do you like best?

Drag and drop option is the best I would say. Also use of built-in libraries for signal processing is a child's play!

What do you dislike?

The interface could have been a little better as sometimes it is buggy in a way that when your design gets big it's difficult to make it modular like one can do in LabVIEW.

I used this tool as a Master's student at New York University to design and simulate a laser based circuit for my Nano-electronics devices course.

Senior Engineer
Automotive
(10,001+ employees)

"Best for Implementing Continuous Models"

What do you like best?

Simulink has in built logical and mathematical operators which we can drag and drop and implement any mathematical circuit.

It also has S function blocks in which we can place the code and test it.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike in Simulink.

I have implemented rate transition filters,PID controllers and Gauge movement algorithms using matlab and I realized that we can very easily implement continuous algorithm models in Simulink which cannot be done using a flowchart or a statechart.

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Higher Education
(5001-10,000 employees)

"Does Great For Prototype Design "

What do you like best?

Versatile and easy to use. Simulation modelling was easy to work on and produced sound results. Because MATLAB and Simulink toolboxes have been trusted by the global science community for over 30 years, researchers and educators have created a large and diverse collection of domain-specific tools written in MATLAB usable across.

What do you dislike?

The interface is slightly buggy and not easily navigable.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The learning curve is slightly steep but it's a great product.

Model and simulate biological systems with an intuitive graphical interface.

CAE Engineer
Staffing and Recruiting

"Real time based simulation"

What do you like best?

Simulink's graphical analysis gives a multi mode simulation through which the results are up against several parameters, making it even more precise.

What do you dislike?

There are so many sub programs in the library, it is not at all easy to find what we want in the first go.

Simulink accurately models a forced vibration with a damper and the effect of a bumpy road on a shock absorber. The resultant simulation was key to optimize the pitch of the spring for a smooth ride.

CAE Engineer
Automotive

"Simulate models with virtual loads"

What do you like best?

This software is particularly valuable to mimic any sort of factor loads which are being connected on pressure vessels. Most prominent part is it can store all of the outcomes into one graphical simulation.

What do you dislike?

The interface of this apparatus is very old. Matlab needs to take improve on this. Furthermore there are no easy take on solution in the post processing.

I have used to study the static reaction of a boiler for different loads acting on the system.

"Virtual circuits at an ease"

What do you like best?

The best part of Simulink is we can develop a prototype of a circuit with an ease in this app rather than hardware implementation all the time

What do you dislike?

The one thing I dislike is that it is suited for applications that are not too specific and that its expensive for such reason

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It can be made open to many applications testing and cost can be reduced which can be easy for students also to implement during their educational practices

I have used this tool to design Network interface card and to enhance the features of PC at work in order to connect to the internet quicker without time lag and virus attacks

Talent Acquisition Executive
Human Resources

"Sorting and real time implementations made easy"

What do you like best?

The best part is there is a lot to learn from simulink while implementing real time applications in it. one can easily determinebehavior of circuits using this tool

What do you dislike?

There has been nothing to dislike about it, interface is easy to understand

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it effectively

Have used in a project of modelling of a Foucault pendulum where its revolutions and moments were to be captured and read.

"The software for prototype design"

What do you like best?

Versatile and east to use. Used for designing a vertical axis wind turbine and hovercraft and found it's simulation modeling to be great.

What do you dislike?

Misses out on support on common languages such as Java- script and does not have the most intuitive interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The learning curve is slightly steep but it's a great product.

Design modeling and analyzing.

Junior Java Developer

"Circuit prototypes software in a jiffy"

What do you like best?

The best part of this tool is conversion of the code into languages like C and C++ which is very easy to simulate in other software

What do you dislike?

Some other input is required by another tool to use simulink

Virtual circuit to implement density based traffic signals and checking for errors in the devices before implementing on PCB

FEA Engineer

"Powerful graphical simulations"

What do you like best?

Third party plugin support is the best feature of Simulink. The IDE is best in class when compared to other software in the range.

What do you dislike?

It is very expensive. Lack of modern language support like java-script.

Simulink has good compatibility with other third party software. So you work on other software and use functionality on Simulink.

FEA/Stress Analyst
(10,001+ employees)

"Simulink is the go to software for prototype design"

What do you like best?

It can be used for multiple disciplines. Vibration analysis can be easily done,

What do you dislike?

The scope for learning is steep. we have to run several simulations to get the results

The functionality of Simulink is an engineer's dream, all types of mathematics related engineering problems can be solved or analyzed using Simulink.

Senior DevOps Engineer
Hospital & Health Care

"system sorting and implementation of virtual designs made easy"

What do you like best?

The best part is C and C++ code can be generated in this tool which is a nice feature

What do you dislike?

It has to depend o other tools to gather data and then generate results

Have used it for the purpose of signal viewing for a particular device and test using simulink

(10,001+ employees)

"Coding for real time applications and simplicity "

What do you like best?

The best thing about Simulink we can generate and link a code in C and C++ or matlab and can use it in simulink to generate results

What do you dislike?

user interface is not easy to ubderstand and it cannot solve automoive sectore problems very easily

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Use it as much a you can when it is brought by the company for your usage for better results

I have used this tool to generate a frequency response of a pn junction diode to calculate the threshold current that diode can withstand

Technical Lead

"system sorting and real life implementations"

What do you like best?

best part is it can automatically generate C source codes for real time applications

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike about this software , it works good ffor me

Used it in the project of real time controller to control the circuits developed by IBm for laptops and pCs

UA
(5001-10,000 employees)

"The future of microcontroller programming"

What do you like best?

Thanks to it's visual programming style software can be developed faster than using just code. Also it's easier to maintain it for other people

What do you dislike?

You need a lot of money to buy it. Sometimes you must buy an expensive module that you may use only for a small part but without it you can't keep going.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Evaluate which modules you will need carefully or maybe you will have expensive surprises.

Simulate the inputs and outputs of a microcontroller

"Best for model based simulations"

What do you like best?

I like the way this software has upgraded over the years with respect to model based simulations.

What do you dislike?

Even though it is an add-on to MATLAB, even Simulink eats up a large chunk of RAM.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

100% recommended for students.

Analyzing system response and implementing control techniques.

UF
(10,001+ employees)

"Excellent circuit practice for developing a new logic circuit"

What do you like best?

Its best feature is simulating and analyzing multidomain systems which is very efficient and virtual circuits can be created which makes it easy to understand and make changes without hardware implementations

What do you dislike?

Its libraries are little confusing and interface little tacky to handle

Have used for connecting PC to CAN network using a variety of supported CAN interface hardware, Sending and receiving messages using XCP protocol, filtering CAN messages, and generating code from CAN Simulink blocks

"Graphical representation of multi domain"

What do you like best?

We can co-ordinate results of multi domain into one place into a block diagram or graphical representation by importing a code from matlab

What do you dislike?

User interface is not very flexible and programming in this tool is not that feasible and upto the mark

I have used this tool to create difference between 2 website and 2 business techniques in order get out a most efficient website which will be very easy to handle and user freindly

UO

"Simulating models for sinusoidal loads"

What do you like best?

This tool is very much useful to simulate any kind of variable loads which are being applied on pressure vessels . Greatest past is it cam store all the results into one graphical representation

What do you dislike?

The interface of this tool is quite tricky. We have to remember all the syntaxes to solve any problem and also there are no shortcuts

I have used to study the static response of a boiler for diff thermal loads applied

Network Administrator

"Virtully simulate the model"

What do you like best?

The best part is in Simulink we can provide input from different code like c and c++

What do you dislike?

Can make more better user interface in next updates

I have used it to sort tasks in my project

"Real-Time Control Prototyping in Simulink"

What do you like best?

This tool is very much useful to simulate any kind of variable loads which are being applied on pressure vessels. Greatest part is it can store all the results into one graphical representation

What do you dislike?

The interface of this tool is quite tricky. We must remember all the syntaxes to solve any problem and also there are no shortcuts

(10,001+ employees)

"Response of multi domain environment"

What do you like best?

Best part is we can handle multi stream variables and demonstrate a model by using matlab code to get a output block diagram

What do you dislike?

There is specific option in simulink to write a code. We have to knowledge of any coding software like matlab and mathematica

I have used this tool to demonstrate different effects of a medicine which are best of the bussiness and analysed the usage of medicine by the people

"Easy method to sort a system"

What do you like best?

It is easy for any computer software engineer to input code

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be worked upon to e more appealing

I have used simulink to sort options in a project management task

"So far a best tool to resolve electrical circuits for embedded engineer especially"

What do you like best?

The best part is any dummy circuit can be implemented in the tool to check its running and power and other characters in order to save time implementing on PCB

What do you dislike?

It needs inputs from other softwares so you need to be good with 2 softwares to use this tool

Had a project to make sure customer receives quality in the product and did the circuit testing before implementation in the chip

Design Engineer
Warehousing

"sorting a system efficiently"

What do you like best?

I was able to use input code from computer languages too

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike about this product so far

I have used this product to sort options during a project task