Libris

Your team needs to share photos and videos quickly and constantly to tell your brand’s story - but the old ways of managing your files can’t keep up. 1,000 top brands and organizations use Libris to bring agility to the creative process and engage their followers in real time.

Work for Libris?

Learning about Libris?

Libris Reviews

Ask Libris a Question
Showing 501 Libris reviews
Joe H.

"Expansive asset management system to house all types of files"

What do you like best?

One of the best features they have come out with recently is the ability to mark a specific date for when an asset's license will expire. We use this feature to track consent for images of children at our residential facility.

What do you dislike?

While I think the ability to fine tune the permissions down to each file, the UX needs improvement to make this easier for day to day work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Consider how the file structure of how you will organize your files. We started this process but didn't fully finish until after we started uploading files and it's causing a little headache for use to go back and change our filing method again. I would also recommend that everyone makes a business process about which fields are mandatory and which don't need to be filled in for each file.

Our internal file servers were running out of space and we needed a betters solution for many people to be able to review and fine files quicker. By giong with Libris, we were able to feel comfortable housing our photo and video assets in the cloud.

Sign in to G2 to see what your connections have to say about Libris
Josh B.

"Assets made easy!"

What do you like best?

Libris helps distribute all available assets to our sales force and brokers, knowing they are all using the most up-to-date, high-quality images all while providing them a plethora of options.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that my nickname is now Libris! Before we implemented Libris as our DAM software, I had to find and provide all images when those in our company didn't know where to find an image they knew existed. But seriously, my only dislike, and it's a picky one, is on the admin side. I'd like to be notified of new account sign-ups since many of our assets are protected with the awesome user group feature on the back-end.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Libris has really outperformed our expectations and provided additional solutions we didn't initially consider when making the switch to a DAM software. Instant, 24/7 access to our asset library has been a huge help to our sales and marketing staff, both in the field and at our headquarters. The admin reports are great, you can monitor account sign-ups and downloads to keep tabs on what assets are in the highest demand.

We are able to provide our sales force and their clients instant access to high quality content with no delay. This was an intended use, but we've found that after meta-tagging all of our assets many of our internal departments find it much easier to search Libris than our networked drives, including myself! This is a huge bonus and saves time, and e-mails, as users can find the exact image they were looking for without much effort.

What Digital Asset Management solution do you use?

Jessa D.

"Fantastic "

What do you like best?

We bought this product to help us organize and search our photo library, but one of the best features is the ability to quickly share galleries with large file sizes throughout our company and with our vendors. It's big for us since we have fairly strict email limits and no tools like dropbox for security. They've also added the ability to store other files, like videos and Photoshop and InDesign files, so I can easily throw a template in where all the designers have access to it rather than having to search for it on a server or someone's desktop.

What do you dislike?

Sharing is also sometimes the worst feature, since the permissions settings can get out of hand quickly. I've had to completely drop and readd a user since it just wasn't letting them see almost random folders, and I have no idea at which level they were getting disallowed. You have to fairly actively manage the permissions settings and this is a bit of a pain. If a parent folder has say permissions five departments, and a child folder inherits those permissions. If you want to share the child folder with one other person, you can't just add the person, you have to remove the folder from the inherited permissions, readd all the department permissions and the new person.

Also, it has a magical ability to sense when I'm in a hurry to do something before EoD and logs me out.

It allows us to tag and easily search items. I can give credentials to any one to our company so they have permanent access to specific galleries, download only certain sizes, or just browse so they can request it, which helps us control our brand messages. I can also set a password that will expire after a certain time if I want to send it out to a printer or vendor. It also allows our photographers to easily upload photos.

Ryan M.

"Sporadic Glitches, But Would Recommend"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to organize the folders/photos within Photoshelter, and the functionality of the custom metadata has significantly improved the way we organize and search for specific photos.

What do you dislike?

I've experienced a lot of glitches when working in Photoshelter. When scrolling through a folder of photos, oftentimes I'll click on a particular photo and a different photo shows up. And sometimes when I'm scrolling it will re-order the photos as the page is moving horizontally, which I'm assuming is a compatibility issue with the browser and seemed to be affected by how much I zoomed in or out on the page.

Searching for photos was very difficult until we implemented custom metadata tags and key words to better organize the files. That made a huge difference and enabled our creative team and content team to find very specific photos in much less time.

Brenton R.

"Big Improvement on What We WERE Using"

What do you like best?

We can have all our photography assets available in one place with the ability to easily manage who has access to what. The designers, writers and multimedia specialists on the communications team can review everything we have, while making only certain galleries and collections available to collaborators and constituents who don't need or want access to every file we've uploaded to the system.

What do you dislike?

There was a bit of a learning curve in figuring out how to set everything up, but we got the hang of it over time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a plan for how Galleries will be most useful to you and what meta data will be most important. It's much easier to manage by starting with a thoughtful plan for how Libris will be used than to go through and try to make sense of a high volume of files later.

The user interface, the speed and detail of the search functions, and control of access to photos is a big improvement over a flash based system we were using (and being driven mad by) previously.

If we want to make something publicly available, we can host it in a spot that only interested parties will find, which is a much better solution for us than resorting to a public photo album on a platform meant for social sharing.

Jaclyn K.

"Streamlined Organization"

What do you like best?

The ability to tag images and search for them has made it much easier to find what I need from our library, whether I am sharing the images with clients or using them for advertisements I am designing. I appreciate that I can toggle permissions of galleries and collections accordingly, which helps when we are getting ready to release new photos. Finally, the lightbox is a useful feature when I need to group images for my own reference or share them with others.

What do you dislike?

As you can tag multiple images with the same tag at once, I think it would be a useful addition to be able to remove specific tags from multiple images as well. Some galleries with a large amount of images in it also load very slowly.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a large library of images that you want others to access easily with search optimization, Libris is a great tool for image sharing.

Libris has made it easy to make our photos available to dealers of our products to search through and find images that suit their needs. It also allows myself and my coworkers to do the same if we need photos with specific products tagged in them.

Ann R.

"Very helpful tool"

What do you like best?

The galleries are very easy to organize. I love that our photographers can contribute with out having to exchange jump drives or download links. I love being able to see many photos at a glance instead of having to go photo by photo.

What do you dislike?

I wish their was integration with WordPress, so that we could create galleries and see the archive within WordPress. Also, the permission settings being different by album creates duplicate galleries is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It is a great tool that is affordable, especially for small companies. The customer service is great. Libris listens to suggestions and is always making improvements.

We are able to share photos with the internal community very easily. Our team can access the whole archive at a glance. The tagging has worked well in searching for themes and/or people. The public galleries have been great for sharing event photos with the external community.

Anay M.

"Great service highly recommend"

What do you like best?

I love how easy the program is to navigate and how easy it makes it to organize files. It makes our images much more organized and when it comes time to provide images for marketing the graphic designers are then able to choose the best ones.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a few more features available for tags such as being able to move tags higher up in a batch

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I would definitely recommend this programs to other companies. Not only is it easy to use but it makes it easy to train other and allow access to multiple users who may not need the entire files. Customer service with this program has also been amazing anytime we have a question they have always been so helpful in being able to find an answer.

Libris is making our photos much more accessible to the marking and therefore making our marketing images much more relevant and effective.

Steve B.

"Libris Image Database in a University Setting"

What do you like best?

I find that its ease of use to be one of the most important aspects, from my end as a very busy University photographer, and on the other end, academics and staff that are not that familiar with image technology.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to dislike. My boss gripes about the cost, but that is a not a problem in my book. If it works as great as Libris does, than it cannot be too expensive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was originally skeptical about putting images in the cloud. But Libris changed my thinking. It was fast, safe and easy to use for both the user and the clients. From originally working with Cumulus, I was expecting a difficult deployment and a clumsy interface. Libris was neither. It worked right out of the box. Oh, I had questions, lots of questions, but the service people were always great with answering them. And, they would check back to make sure that I was doing ok. So, my recommendation is, if you need a image database that will work for you and not the other way around, you need to get Libris.

It has solved a lot of my time management problems. I put the images up once and spread them across the university spectrum of clients and forget it. They access the images they want, because they only see what they want. I have very few calls now "where can I find these images,' and 'I forgot my password.' The biggest benefit that "I" have realized is that I sleep much more soundly at night knowing that my images are safe and secure at Libris. Before, when I was the office techie and server operator, besides being University Photographer, my biggest worry was losing all my images to some calamity. Now I don't worry that much.

Charles A. S.

"It's a fantastic tool for displaying and sharing our work with contributors, and the university."

What do you like best?

The most significant feature is my ability to share content with both our external and internal clients under a secure environment in a highly professional manner. We also love the ability to extract filed imagery with quick ease once we've applied the right keywords via imbedded metadata. We like that we've integrated our brand via Photoshelter into our social media platforms. We are working on pushing more viewers to our web pages and the like. We are also more interested sharing images in realtime by using this product.

What do you dislike?

I would like to have more creative view controls on the front page similar to the other web based photography pages. I would like to see more controls integrated with social media platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Do your research on companies who have similar digital management tools.

We have an avenue to easily manage files and getting them to clients more efficiently. We are working on making our university webpages more image driven and Photoshelter has helped by introducing more images to our external and internal clients.

Obed O.

"Great service for any nonprofit looking for a way to organize & quickly locate their digital assets."

What do you like best?

The user interface is not cluttered and intuitive for first-time users. I also enjoy the speed at which I am able to navigate and interact with the web portal, there is no lag or delay jumping from one section of the system to another. But I think what I've liked the most and what informed a big part of my organization's decision to sign up the service is the customer service we've received even before we were customers. Being able to know people at their office on a first name basis and reach out to them with any issues, questions, or concerns is what really made signing up for Libris an easy decision.

What do you dislike?

Most of my "dislikes" are just areas of the interface that could use improvement. Drag and drop functionality for importing or exporting files would be great and also the addition of AI to be able to "read" an image and suggest useful tagging and metadata suggestions.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The Libris DAM system continues to grow in its functionality and ease of use but meets the need of any company, brand, or organization looking for a way to organize and easily share their assets. Their customer service is unparalleled and made our decision to subscribe to their service that much easier!

More than anything we are trying to organize the thousands of photos that we take each year in a systemic and methodic way that allows us to be able to search for and locate images (and assets) quickly. We currently spend a good amount of time trying to search for the perfect picture and that time will be cut drastically once we continue to build out our asset library.

Jennifer C.

"A great way to add structure to a crazy busy team"

What do you like best?

I love that you can create detailed structure and then be able to search back through the images. We have a large team of 15+ who use this platform to find images and it's been great to have structure in place for thousands and thousands of images. The galleries are a great way to organize our individual divisons of the school and located all of their images quickly. I will be looking into the features for uploading videos here in the next month and I am excited to see what the platform can do to ease the storage issue we have currently for all of our footage/b-roll/videos.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more intuitive auto-tagging system. It would be nice if the program could sense what was in the image and suggest tags.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a large entity, like we are, implementing a service like this that organizes all of you individual areas is key. This has been so helpful to create structure and we spend less time sending around links and more time doing actual work.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is a great way to collect all of our images and store them in a structured way that is easy to search back through. Without this, we were using individual folders in cloud storage and having to send links every time someone needed an image. Boy, this has helped so much!

Kevin M.

"Bringing us into the future..."

What do you like best?

We struggled with remote access of assets (mostly through slow VPN connections) and organization (multiple networked drives and littered assets) before signing on with Libris. In the 10 months we've been on the platform, we've cataloged nearly 180,000 digital assets and it's greatly improved our team's workflow.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike. We could get better at using the outside sharing functionality to extend the reach of our digital assets and maybe better understand the reporting tools that come along with the platform to know how many of those items are being accessed and downloaded. Just need more hands tagging images, hard to keep up with the quantity we're adding every day.

We've been able to reduce the turnaround time for our photographers shooting events and delivering to the end user. Instead of waiting for CDs to be mailed (yep, that's old school) we can have photos uploaded during events or shortly after - all tagged and ready to be searched and used by our content creation teams, which help us tell our best story.

Meghan P.

"Layout's Made Easy"

What do you like best?

As a graphic designer, I test out upwards of 20 photos per image space to find the best one that fits my content and layout. Being able to use the Libris connector makes it easy to sort through albums, search for specific keywords and see how different photos will look before downloading (and eating up precious hard-drive space). This has made layout work much more efficient and ensures that I am choosing the best photos for my design projects

What do you dislike?

If I ever disconnect from internet (or my login session times out) while using the connector in the middle of a project, I have to manually find and re-link the photos that I was working with. Also, sometimes, I can't get photos to show clearly, and have to delete the link and replace them within the design document.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have a dedicated staff person in charge of creating company wide standards. Hire photo management interns to help upload and tag photos during setup.

I work for a non-profit with a ton of photo assets that span multiple countries and topics. Being able to tag photos with useful keywords and using the comprehensive search tool has cut my photo searching time in half or more. In addition, having the ability to create albums and share photos with our partners and staff around the world has made telling our story even easier and more impactful.

Wes F.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love the easy to use interface and the organizational structure. Once you set up your file structure, uploading images is a breeze. It's very convenient that the tags from Lightroom transfer automatically to Libris. The training material is very easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I'd love to see 2 things:

1) More rolls or customizable rolls. There are time I wish that you could pick what function a user has.

2) Easy set up for private sales.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure you have your organization plan for your files before uploading. Take time to set up permissions for your users.

We now have an cloud based Image archive with easy access and distribution. We now realize that we can generate revenue with our existing library of images.

Jessica Z.

"Functional Data Asset Management System"

What do you like best?

I love that there's functionality to pick and choose who has access to what files and that for the most part Libris is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that when you search on the back-end or the front-end that anything you've put in the trash is still searchable. I also don't like how specific the search function is. It would be nice to search for say "Periodic Table" and get results that are close to that. As it is right now, if I misspell something in my file name or keywords, the asset won't appear anywhere unless I'm searching with a misspelled word.

We needed a place to store all our digital assets and have them easily accessible by all departments at our company in order to create product.

Chioke B.

"Libris for our University"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Libris for us is the ability it gives us to distribute images and visual files to folks one and off campus.

What do you dislike?

The thing that we like least is the fact that it isn't as user-friendly as I think it could be. I often get calls from people who simply could not figure out how to navigate the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Libris is a wonderful tool and is recommended for large businesses or universities who need a great deal of control over their visual assets.

The main problem that Libris has solved for our university is in image distribution. We needed a secure way to deliver images and Libris really delivers in that area. It's been a huge benefit also in that I can allow us to deliver images even from home.

Hayley S.

"Libris Saves Hours a Week of Searching/Downloading/ReUploading"

What do you like best?

It completely changed how we store photos, making it easy to upload and tag photos, so they're easily accessible any where, even when we're off campus.

What do you dislike?

Sending photos to other or downloading multiple photos can be a little redundant, but it's only a minor issue to download then click the link.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have no photo storage system beyond saving things to a drive or a drobo, the search functionality and remote use will change how you store photos and how you work.

Our former system was a server which was cumbersome and only available on-campus with no option to search easily. This literally saves hours a month when searching for former players, certain plays or arena/facility shots.

DANIEL N.

"Authentic Asset Management Tool - Libris"

What do you like best?

-With Libris it's so easy to organize a thousand of product photos into easy-to-find folders for my stores to find.

- Libris has allowed our assets to be fully realized and used without having to rely on the images that stick out to me personally.

- Libris has enabled our photographers to import their photos directly so that I don't have to download them before adding them in myself.

-I am able to access my company's digital assets easily from anywhere at anytime which is incredible.

What do you dislike?

-It would be nice if a group of images would remain selected after I've performed an operation on them from the Actions menu.

-In Libris a lot of time is consumed trying to figure out how to toggle back and forth to the correct screen in order to grand download permission.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

- Libris has been helpful to us to create structure towards the organization of our images for marketing purposes.

-Libris has enabled us to showcase our work to major partners in a way to streamlines our communication with them and allows them the ability to share the work we're doing together.

-Libris makes organizing thousands of images a breeze, and sharing images for multiple purposes quick and easy.

-Libris enables me to have total access to all our images in one place, I can now make our image library a more manageable and powerful tool not just internally but to show off our product and culture.

"THE ONLY Asset Management solution for a large archive."

What do you like best?

The search option interface is incredible. You can set parameters and really narrow down results. although you still need to tag/keyword your assets manually to really get the most out of it, it is FAST. My colleagues LOVE lightboxes. Being able to group images in such a way is very efficient.

What do you dislike?

I find it to be slightly buggy. It switches windows occasionally upon login when I try to search. Clicking images is weird sometimes. It seems to "hesitate". It logs me out daily, which is annoying. Uploading files has also been difficult, it takes me one or two tries to get everything uploaded. Since efficiency is key in my line of work, occasionally it will set me back. But only slightly, it makes up for it with its ease of use and the search function.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you have a very good metadata system implemented, this will only enhance it. Don't think twice.

We have a multi-million image archive. Being able to bring anything forward using the search function is incredible. Our archive is constantly changing and morphing so being able to update seamlessly across studios is very important.

"First year user"

What do you like best?

Not having to stop what I'm doing and search for photos for someone/people. With Libris, I can grant them access and they look for themselves!

What do you dislike?

The amount of time it takes to tag—I wish there was facial recognition which would eliminate have the tagging. To date, we don't have all our photos tagged and therefore the search option is not usable for us.

Browsers can be an issue too so I always have to tell people to use chrome. And for those that don't use it or have it, it creates an extra step for them download it.

This has opened up time for me that used to spend looking for photos for people. On the other hand it's created a HUGE job of tagging everything we uploaded and making sure everything coming in is tagged.

The biggest benefit is really being able to share the accessibility with others.

Lorna Y.

"For A Bespoke Menswear Company"

What do you like best?

It's so easy to organize the thousand of product photos into easy-to-find folders for my stores to find.

What do you dislike?

When you run a search for a keyword, it'd be great if, when you click on a single photo result, it tells you where in your root path that image lives (on the sidebar, where all of the tags and other image info is listed).

Recommendations to others considering the product:

It's so worth it. Using Google Drive to organize our 3 20,000 images was a nightmare. Libris has cut my image searching in half.

With keywords, it's allowing to find all necessary photos for a single product code.

Jennie P.

"Convenience is King"

What do you like best?

Libris is incredibly useful for our organization. It has brought freedom for our staff around the world to be able to utilize our assets well for their needed purpose in their own time. There are no bottlenecks anymore. Libris is also very easy to use and a simple tool for our global staff to navigate. It is also allowing our assets to be fully realized and used without having to rely on the images that stick out to me personally.

What do you dislike?

Libris is a tad limiting when it comes to users flexibility to share images with outside clients who don't have accounts. For an organization that uses images to show supporters the work they're making possible, it would be easier if our relationship managers could use the quick send feature (still with certain restrictions) themselves to share images with supporters.

We're able to showcase our work to major partners in a way to streamlines our communication with them and allows them the ability to share the work we're doing together.

"Great product but could use some modifications"

What do you like best?

I love that I can search my images. I like that photographers can import their photos directly so that I don't have to download them before adding them in myself.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that my team's view is so drastically different from mine. It makes it really difficult for me to help them. Also, I have our galleries sorted by year, and for some reason on their view the galleries don't come up chronologically. I also think the search feature could use some fine tuning. For example, when I search "Zone 1" it also pulls items tagged "Zones 1 & 2" as well.

I've had some problems with images that I want to be available to the public to be downloaded at low resolution, but I still want my team to be able to download them at high resolution. When I try to do that they aren't showing up on the public portal. It's nice to use the Quick Send feature. I do wish I could use Lightboxes with people who aren't invited to the entire gallery.

"So far, so good"

What do you like best?

So far, getting up to speed and using the Libris system has been a painless process. The fact that I can access my company's digital assets easily from anywhere is fantastic. We had been storing everything in DropBox, which was good enough for some of our needs, but being able to give access to our assets to everyone on our team (without the fear of anyone accidentally deleting or moving anything) is a great thing. Also, the customer support and training we've received have been outstanding. And the Adobe CC Connector is also a thing of beauty.

What do you dislike?

Some refinements to the web interface would be nice. From time to time certain operations will cease to function, particularly in Safari. Also, I know this is a really picky thing, but it would be nice if a group of images would remain selected after I've performed an operation on them from the Actions menu, or if, somehow, the "Edit Image IPTC" and "Edit Image Custom Metadata" options could be combined on to one screen. It would make the tagging process easier in galleries with lots of similar-looking images.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can afford it, this is a fantastic platform.

Libris is finally forcing us to get organized with our assets, which is long overdue, and also giving us a way to share across our entire team. This helps us ensure all our images are current, and frees my time by giving people a way to get much of what they need without having to come to me.

"Versatile database system which makes organizing and sharing numerous image galleries easy."

What do you like best?

Libris makes it easy to organize and share images with a variety departments and media, while keeping some galleries private and others public. The search system works extremely well. It also makes it easy and efficient for contributing photographers to upload images and galleries for organizing within the site.

What do you dislike?

It would be useful to allow more than two administrators without increasing the costs. The system for granting download permission seems to require numerous steps and could be more streamlined. Too much time is spent trying to figure out how to toggle back and forth to the correct screen in order to grand download permission.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Libris facilitates the organization and sharing of large numbers of image files and documents in different formats.

Libris allows us to share images and galleries across the entire university, as well as with media. Libris also allows us to have one place for all incoming images and galleries from other photographers. It makes organizing thousands of images a breeze, and sharing images for multiple purposes quick and easy.

Lynn J.

"Easy to use photo archive"

What do you like best?

It is easy to upload photos, organize them and download as needed. I also appreciate the ability to collaborate with other people across the school..

What do you dislike?

I wish there were personalized folder organization. i.e. most people in our department like the folders to be organized by the date they were created. I would prefer alphabetical. I wish we could all see things the way we prefer. Some competitive tools have begun to incorporate AI facial recognition. That would be a great addition.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a good tool for storing and accessing media.

Long term photo repository with the ability to find what we need in the future. As a digital communications manager, I am always looking for photos to go with the posts or stories I write. It's fairly easy to find them in LIbris, expect as I said above, I would appreciate the ability to sort the folders the way I prefer without affecting the view of other users.

Chris P.

"Powerful and comprehensive photo management"

What do you like best?

The amount of control given to the user is powerful: controlled access, metadata, organisation of images. These are invaluable tools as our picture library expands every week. The Lightroom integration is fantastic and gives an immediate, real time ability to update our library to distribute images to employees and external agencies who may need them.

What do you dislike?

The entry point isn't cheap for smaller organisations, and the backend presentation of images could be a lot more modern/slick to help employees looking for images who may be familiar with search criteria or image libraries.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

This is a comprehensive and powerful system in the right hands which gives you complete control over how you use your image library. The integration with Lightroom is useful but the plugin has some frustrating bugs which duplicate folders when syncing. A demo period would be recommended to make sure it is the right product for you, and the entry point isn't cheap.

Flickr is our current system, and while it has a nice presentation which our employees love, it doesn't have the powerful backend tools to help help make us searchable to other organisations and handle the increasingly unwieldy size of our image library. By having total access to all our images in one place, we can now make our image library a more manageable and powerful tool not just internally but to show off our product and culture.

Anita B.

""Carrying us into the future...""

What do you like best?

We battled with remote access of advantages (for the most part through moderate VPN associations) and association (numerous organized drives and littered resources) previously marking on with Libris. In the 10 months we've been on the stage, we've classified almost 180,000 computerized resources and it's enormously enhanced our group's workflow.The displays are an incredible method to compose our individual divisons of the school and found the majority of their pictures rapidly. I will investigate the highlights for transferring recordings here in the following month and I am eager to perceive what the stage can do to facilitate the capacity issue we have as of now for the majority of our recording/b-move/recordings.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was an increasingly natural auto-labeling framework. It would be decent if the program could detect what was in the picture and propose labels.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I was initially incredulous about placing pictures in the cloud. Yet, Libris changed my reasoning. It was quick, protected and simple to use for both the client and the customers. From initially working with Cumulus, I was anticipating a troublesome organization and an ungainly interface. Libris was not one or the other. It worked directly out of the container. Goodness, I had inquiries, bunches of inquiries, however the administration individuals were constantly incredible with noting them. Furthermore, they would return to ensure that I was doing alright. In this way, my suggestion is, in the event that you need a picture database that will work for you and not the a different way, to get Libris.

I said it previously and I'll state it once more, this is an extraordinary method to gather the majority of our pictures and store them structuredly that is anything but difficult to seek back through. Without this, we were utilizing singular envelopes in distributed storage and sending joins each time somebody required a picture. Kid, this has helped so much!We have a road to effortlessly oversee documents and getting them to customers all the more effectively. We are taking a shot at making our college website pages more picture driven and Photoshelter has helped by acquainting more pictures with our outer and interior customers.

Gerardo M.

"Highly recommended service!"

What do you like best?

Easy to move around and program. It makes images much more accessible to organize and easy to view and manage. It is also not a cluttered program where everything is on just one screen everything is very simple.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were tags so I could like view certain images in one spot. I would like to be able to have more controls with social media platforms because I believe that is what would make us much more relevant. So mainly its just interface that could be worked on.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If youre a large business like ourselves organizing images for marketing is key so you can move into the direction you want to move towards faster. This has been helpful to us to create structure towards the organization of our images for marketing purposes.

Libris is making our images much more relevant and giving us more marking to our images. We are also organizing our images better using Libris by Photoshelter.

Art R.

"Good but not Great"

What do you like best?

The upload process is fast and easy. I have never had an image file it has not been able to handle. The site loads images fast and searches fast as well.

What do you dislike?

When collections get to large it starts have issues. The almost look like they are resorting as you scroll as they pop in and out. I wish it could create fake name for file when sharing them with clients. I wish the software had better images recognition software, it would be very helpful if it could even recognize color, IE search for red art.

I wish the software had better ingratiation with inDesign when using data merge. I do most of my presentation with that and it would save me a lot of time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The ability to send other users paths. IE Libris\red art\sample art.jpg

We have a large library of image from several publishers. This helps us tag and share them. It is also much faster to find an image with search then it was on our network saving me and the rest of the team countless hours on large project.

The ability for our clients to rate the image they do and dont like has made creating custom art for them much easier and quicker.

We also use the mobile app when we are on site to share image of clients other art or color boards with the home team.

Ricardo O.

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

I'm a fan of Libris mainly because of the storage. It's easy access photos when I'm not connected to the server. Honestly, I'm just a fan of what it offers, not anything in particular. I haven't used any others like it (Except for Dropbox), Libris is better Dropbox, but it does what it says it going to do.

What do you dislike?

I've had an issue of with downloading sometimes. When I download a photo, I can't seem to find the photo sometimes. I search my computer because it could be my fault. But when I go to search for it, it's not on my computer. then I have to go through the process of downloading it again. Not a huge fan of having to use one person's name since, it's just one account we have at work.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Oddly seems to work better on Windows than MAC. but no big issues.

Accessing photos for advertising when I'm not connected to the server.

Emily M.

"An Excellent Choice for Companies and Individuals with Huge Photo and Video Storage Needs"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can transfer and store photos and videos. There was very little I needed to do in the way of training, both for myself and others who have helped me transfer files and store them. The dashboard is intuitive and efficient.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike about Libris is the limit that is placed on users. I work at an independent school and often have students helping me tag photos. I've made one user name that all of them utilize, but I wish I could give each of them their own user name. I would also like to have the ability to give more of my colleagues their own user names and passwords that would give them the same capabilities that I have. Right now I have to upload and delete photos for them.

This is not a dislike, but I would love to see facial recognition become part of the Libris package. The tagging system is great but what would be even better would be to not have to tag people at all!

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Yes, I would recommend Libris to others. It is solid, reliable, and easy to use.

Tagging and storing of photos. In our communication office we are often searching our files for specific photos. In the past the burden has fallen on one individual--the photographer--to know where specific photos are located. Now that the photos are tagged, others can search for photos and be offered a number of options, all without the photographer's help.

Emma E.

"Such a helpful tool! "

What do you like best?

Our team has really benefitted from the clear, clean organization of assets in Libris. Sharing photos and other digital media has never been easier for us because of this tool.

What do you dislike?

In the future, it would be great to see Libris adopt the AI technology for metadata tagging that some of its competitors have already implemented. I find the tagging process a bit cumbersome, but once done, being able to sort by tags is a great way to find photos.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask as many questions as possible of your rep when considering Libris. We found that the Libris team was helpful, knowledgeable, and willing to work around our timeline and needs to ensure that this was the right solution for us. I would recommend having the Libris team demo the tool to other individuals you work with who will also be heavy users so that you can get their buy-in as well.

My organization previously used a server-based file-folder system. Only select individuals had access to the files, so I spent a lot of time manually sharing files by email, Google Drive, or Dropbox, with others who needed them but couldn't get into the image server. This process took me away from important priorities. Also, with staffing transitions and simple human error, the extensive foldering system had gotten out of control, with folders not all following the same naming conventions. It was very challenging to even find the right files. Libris has thus far solved those woes.

"A basic DAM for image management"

What do you like best?

Libris has basic DAM functionality that is easy and intuitive to use. We utilize multiple photographers and the upload process has been easy for them to understand.

What do you dislike?

The split between the administrative interface and the end-user portal can be confusing for some of our key users, who fall into both categories. Also, paying per seat for administrative access is frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend some time getting to know the system and plan on evolving your workflow as you go.

We use Libris to store and organize our photography library. Users on campus and on the Marketing and Communications team can use Libris to find images needed for their projects. Being able to define granular permissions by collection and library has been a nice feature addition for us, from our old DAM. We have developed an efficient workflow to help us process the incoming images and identify the images that are most useful.

Charles L.

"Great Functionality at a Great Price"

What do you like best?

I like that Libris allows the user to show a publicly viewable librarywith watermarked imagery to those who may be browsing the library and may not be sure if they are ready to download assets. This keeps the commitment level at a minimum while still allowing access.

What do you dislike?

I don't really have much that I dislike about Libris. If I had to pick one thing, it would be the limited support for videos and video thumbnails. If I want to add a video to my library and add a thumbnail, I have to place an image into the section with it to have a thumbnail image.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Expect to save money, but if your primary file format is video, consider that you will have to manually enter data for each file.

We are able to house all of our visual assets and share them from one place all for a lower price than our previous service.

AH
Administrator in Higher Education

"A whole new way of organizing"

What do you like best?

We had been using folders to organize our photos for a long time, and it was cumbersome and slow. I love that I can find what I need very quickly! Between our gallery structure and our metadata, our whole team can reach assets right away.

What do you dislike?

I would really love to see the Lightboxes upgraded. I have a laundry list of things/features I would like to have with them, some of them I can't believe it doesn't do. I think it could be a powerful collaboration tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Spend a lot of time planning and thinking about how to organize your metadata and your gallery structure. Ask about what others are doing, ask for contact info for other users, use the support system and talk to your account support. There are already some best practices out there worth implementing. And check out the great Libris articles and videos—they highlight all the amazing things it does!

We are finally getting our assets in a sharable, searchable place. We're just starting to see benefits, since we're just getting up and running. At the least, now I can share assets with others at our business, and it's been simple and people are very appreciative. So we're getting our great work out there for others to use, ultimately brand-building.

"Easy to use, a great organizational tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I'm able to organize thousands of photos. The tag feature allows others to search for the photos they need out of these thousands. I feel safe knowing the photos are secure, easily accessible and shareable. I like the lightbox feature as well.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the permissions settings can get messy and difficult to organize because of the way they can inherit permissions. I've also been experiencing a bug which won't let me download photos from albums although I have the permissions to. I have to add it to a lightbox and download it from there as a workaround. I don't like that you can't download photos from lightboxes all at once, but have to click through each one and download them individually. If you can download them all at once, it's not intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make it so you can download all photos at once from lightboxes. Maybe have there a way to mass edit permissions of each folder.

I'm able to tag large amounts of photos and selectively share albums for other employees to use.

"I'm a photographer and also curate photos that go into our Libris library."

What do you like best?

Libris is great because it helps our clients and colleagues access images with valuable captions and descriptions that are searchable and is available anytime anywhere, which allows for fast turnarounds on tight deadlines.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the administrative side of the portal. Viewing images and setting up galleries and folders is not the most intuitive way to access our photos internally. I understand the interface is mainly intended for the clients to access the images, but hope it would be just as easy on the back side.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Helps archive images and access them worldwide via the internet.

Our challenges that we have solved is helping our designers and clients access all the images in our database with speed and search optimization. Designers can look for images with keywords or browse through galleries. Our clients can view photos in private galleries and download photos specific to a size they need. The benefits have been outstanding in the sense it allows us, the photographers, to be outside creating content and captioning in detail and not be worrying to sit and search through hard drives looking for one image.

Cory V.

"Great for cataloging photos"

What do you like best?

Plenty of searchable tags and other options. Helps maintain a library for multiple users with different roles and responsibilities. We have a simple folder structure for the different aspects of our business that helps a user quickly navigate to what they need or they can use metadata tags we've set up to search for what they need.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was better integration into other programs such as the adobe and microsoft suites. Also finding it difficult to allow only certain users access to specific parts of the library. Not sure if that's our set up or the tool, but it hasn't been easy to find out how either way.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you're needs are primarily photo catalog based, this is a fantastic setup. They also feature frequent use cases and tips & tricks in their emails that I've found helpful to explore the product more.

Had many users from different location accessing and creating photography, this helped us organize it and give a central place for all our users to easily access the correct and best photos.

"Libris makes me organized and efficient "

What do you like best?

I love that I can assign a collection of photos to specific departments at the school. So the athlecitcs deparments can only see the sports photos. The nursing program can only see the health scicnes photos. It makes it easier for them to search for exaclty what they need. And helps from departments using photos that weren't inteneded for them.

The portal is branded to look like our website so visitors don't feel like they're leaving the site to look at images.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike much at all. The only issue I have is when I create a group of emails to give access to a collection, I can't eamil that collection to just one of those users. It has to be to the entire group. (unless I add that individual user to the collection in addition to the group)

Ability to give access to specific images to specific departments. We no longer have departments going rogue with other department's images. It's MUCH easier to monitor.

Matt P.

"Can't really remember what we did before"

What do you like best?

A very useful piece of software. Due to the search and tagging functions it makes finding assets instant, this mainly is apparent when searching for work produced years ago. The Lightbox feature is mainly used by my colleagues to generate inspiration boards for new projects which streamlines my work flow greatly. Having the collections also allows stakeholders to see all relevant media available for a campaign easily which really speeds up dissemination of new work.

What do you dislike?

I would like to be able to download a whole Lightbox with one click instead of having to go into each image separately. People have complained that they go to search for something not noticing they're not logged in and get 0 results which is too easy to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

I honestly can't really remember how we did things before having DAM software but this is defiantly a huge improvement.

The clarity company wide to what assets are available has majorly cut down time spent on conversations about whats available so I have more time to work on other things.

"Shallow end of the experience, somewhat satisfied"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to send or give permission for certain sizes of photo. I like that it's largely reliable and doesn't have errors.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't choose to ignore words in a description when searching. I wish albums had an automatic thumbnail, as it is I'm accustomed to waiting to let one load and they never do. I wish scrolling through images was a bit more responsive, but it seems to have improved. I wish there was a way to zoom in on images. I wish there was an easy way to manage or find duplicate images.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Have an extremely detailed and committed plan to tagging. Commit to reassessing often.

We now have a tagged repository of images online. So far how effective search is is entirely reliant on how effectively our tagging system has been setup. Verdict: not very.

Carrie W.

"Libris Is A Great Platform that Has A Steep Learning Curve for Infrequent Users"

What do you like best?

As a person who uploads and uses Libris to store thousands of images, I really enjoy Libris' metadata and back-end features that help me store and find images. Libris is pretty user-friendly on the back end, and I value the ease with which I can upload, edit, and find images.

What do you dislike?

I dislike how difficult it is to find resources in the same collection from the search engine side. I have had to come up with the work-around of adding links to the collection within the description so that users can see other photos in the same album from the search view. Adding users and teaching them to access Libris can be difficult, especially because changing their information from the back end can be challenging.

The business benefits include sharing photos with external partners, sharing resources throughout our large, global organization, and having plenty of storage for our digital resources.

Melissa H.

"Libris equipped us to set a great example of fail safe, customer oriented digital asset management."

What do you like best?

The ability to organize and deliver searchable AND browsable images AND video clips in one, well presented system with multi-faceted security options and public facing commerce potential.

What do you dislike?

The inability to 'scrub' video assets to determine if the clip has a particular sub-clip or visual interest.

Making assets discoverable to multiple thinker types. Everyone looks for assets in a variety of ways and Libris was designed to support both general to specific browsing and keyword search refinement systems. The potential to deliver mid-stream assets to collaborators in video production and real-time delivery of stills for social media and events.

Vanessa A.

"Solution for Our Photo Storage"

What do you like best?

As a destination marketing organization, we hire many visual content contributors and having one place to post, organize, store and share content is invaluable.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to be able to give photographs longer names so we could include photographer credits and relevant event/location/subject information.

It would also be great if 3rd party invited users who contribute photographs or videos would receive an email confirmation that their upload went through.

We finally have a more efficient and consistent way to share photography with athletic event participants. The password protection and permissions are easy to set and manage.

Jeremy H.

"Outstanding Tool To Manage Digital Assets"

What do you like best?

This tool is allowing for the creation of an outward facing Digital Library, allowing alumni, friends and fans access to a digital repository of Cornell athletics history. Photos can be viewed for free or purchased for posterity. Video clips, game stories, newspaper clippings and more will be available for viewing. For each image and document, there is a corresponding workflow that will allow them to be tagged with metadata and uploaded to the system so they will be searchable in the library.

What do you dislike?

Libris Is an easy to-use web-based system that is easily navigated, but grouping photos for one-time distribution can take some extra time.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take your time in implementing, make sure you have a well thought out philosophy on how to use it. We sought input from other users regarding creating a consistent metadata naming system.

In addition to creating the digital library, it also will allow us an opportunity to sell photography that will create an addition revenue stream.

"Love, but has it's flaws"

What do you like best?

Great storage of digital assets and ability to download them in different file sizes

Glad Libris added ability to store PDFs

Ability to send download links to outside users

Ability to custom set each folder's user access

What do you dislike?

Wish that video storage was included as standard.

Have run into several instances where bulk uploads of photos (on the software or via browser) missed photos and we need to backtrack and double check all files which is a nuisance.

Dislike that we cannot go in and amend information on contributors that we add (for Editors).

Wish we could assign PDFs for photo rights to photos

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure to go through training - the product has more capabilities than meets the eye

Storage and back up of photos

Ability to download file in different sizes

Terrance M.

"A tool that increases efficiency."

What do you like best?

My favorite feature of Libris is the ability to create separate galleries that one can send to a third party. You can also password protect those galleries so that it is secure as possible and only available to the people you intend. It is also nice to be able to distribute the files and links to others without worrying about files sizes and delivery. It keeps the team on one accord allowing us access to the files we need to work on together.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the pricing of adding another editor after the initial buy in. If we want to add an editor we must pay a lot to add more.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need software that allows the freedom to distribute and share files and edit then this is for you. It is easily one of the best organizational softwares on the market.

Libris allows our business to be more efficient. It is also now easier to share information with third parties that we regularly contract with.

Edward G.

"A fantastic timesaver and organizing tool"

What do you like best?

The user interface and ease of use. I love the navigation setup.

What do you dislike?

I wish that a preview could be generated for non-graphic digital files, such as Word, Powerpoint and InDesign. We create templates for use at our institution, and it's difficult for users to see what they are downloading.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Ask other users of Libris about their experiences, do your homework. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised about the level of features and the value.

Search and organizing time. We're able to provide assets to our user group that we just couldn't do without Libris.

Learn more about Libris

Libris Videos

Learning about Libris?

* We monitor all Libris reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.