DemandTools Reviews & Product Details

DemandTools Overview

What is DemandTools?

DemandTools is a CRM data quality suite that enables organizations to deliver high-quality data in Salesforce CRM or Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. The DemandTools modules are broken down into three major sections according to their primary objectives: Maintenance Tools – Modules for data loading, data backups, data manipulation, report management and record reassignments Cleansing Tools – Modules for duplicate merging and prevention and lead conversion management Discovery Tools – Modules for comparing external data against the data already in CRM and bulk email verification For CRM admins and data managers, DemandTools is the best software suite to ensure high-quality CRM data, so you can make confident data-driven decisions to run your business. By fixing common data problems, automating data quality routines, and working within your specific processes and customizations, DemandTools gives stakeholders reliable data, encourages CRM end-user adoption, and gets you cleaner data with less effort.

DemandTools Details

DemandTools is a data quality toolset for Salesforce CRM. De-deduplication, normalization, standardization, comparison, import, export, mass delete, and more.

DemandTools has been the leading CRM data quality tool for 20 years. Developed through end-user feedback and knowledge of what it takes to manage CRM data successfully, it was the first to offer duplicate prevention and field rules for merging. In addition to being the most popular CRM deduplication utility, it has 10 other modules to help you maintain and deliver trustworthy data.

Validity Inc
2018
Boston, Massachusetts
@TrustValidity
967 Twitter followers

DemandTools Videos

DemandTools Screenshots

Answer a few questions to help the DemandTools community
Have you used DemandTools before?

DemandTools Reviews

Showing 153 DemandTools reviews
Already have DemandTools?
What do you like best?

Mass standardization of data in a seamless and intuitive way that works well as a solution for our specific issue. We didn't need rocket scientists to maintain it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

What's there to dislike?.... Works prefect Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We had a ongoing and major issue with an integration between Natterbox (Phone System Bolt on for Salesforce) and Salesforce that was limiting the ability for us to intelligently route calls. The fix required mass and ongoing updates to standardize the phone field in salesforce, allowing relevant comparisons could be made between existing known customers and inbound calls. With the care and expertise offered by Validity followed by a seamless and easy onboarding and implementation process, we were able to resolve our issues in full, in a timely manner and will continue to use this product as it is now a crucial part of not only our phone system, but has allowed us to manage and manipulate information to offer a more personalized approach to our engagements with customer. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Demandtools has as almost every functionality I could ask for! I have never used a tool that was so all encompassing with the mass editing/deleting/creating abilities of Demandtools. Once you learn the basics, I think it was pretty easy to use.

The tool that saves me the most time is the ID look up. At previous orgs without demand tools, I would have to pull reports for IDs that took for ever to make. Now, I can include data easily laid out in a spreadsheet and Demandtools does the work of matching the IDs to the data. No more annoying/slow SFDC reports and no more janky ID matching fomulas in Excel. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It took some time to learn. As with any mass editing tool, you should be very careful while using it, make sure you understand the Demandtools basics, and practice in a Sandbox. However, for me, this process really sped up once I found their videos on youtube! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mass merging is a huge one! I have so many cringe worthy memeories of hand merging records at other orgs that did not have a tool like Demandtools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Director of Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
What do you like best?

It is very easy to update and and delete data in Salesforce using this tool. Some of the features that I think are particularly helpful are: uploads and updates using Excel, using constants when uploading data, updating data using business logic, identifying and performing deduplication, and insight into error records.

When uploading new records, you can specify a constant for any of the fields. So if you know all of the uploaded data is a certain record type or is owned by a particular user, you don't have to update your spreadsheet. You can just use constants. Using constants and saving scenarios is a great way to improve efficiency.

If you have the need to replace one value with another, this tool can do. For example if we run out of stock on a product, we can upload Opportunities with a different product to replace it within minutes.

The de-dupe has many options for matching and you can build your own. You can peruse through the dupes and determine if you like the algorithm and then use it to automatically dedupe those records. There are some options to determine the master and rules for when the master has blank fields but the dupe has valid data. I like the ability to add a weighted score to the rules to ensure you can handle complex scenarios.

Finally when records error out, Demand Tools creates a file that you can use to determine the error, correct it and reload. This is incredibly useful when you run into resource limitations.

Good, solid tools.

My favorite tool is Mass impact. It allows you to update records based on logic only. No file uploads necessary! This is extremely powerful for mass updating records. I've used it to update relationships, correct older data, and update values during migrations.

There has been a great upgrade to allow searching for tables.

I've noticed recently that I run into fewer resource constraints. Salesforce can be tricky when there are triggers involved. Demand Tools gives you options to use the batch API and to easily control the size of the batches. Even if I have to update thousands of records at 5 at a time, I can leave this chugging away in the background and know that I will get a full accounting of everything that processed. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI and navigation aren't great. Some of the text and checkboxes are only half visible because of screen resolution. I would love to be able to search for fields but appreciate the search for tables. It would be easier to use with some nav and UI updates but frankly, it would never deter me from using the tools (which is likely why they don't focus on it).

Update: I heard a rumor a UI update may be in the works! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Get it!!! Learn all aspect - there is more than you think going on! Use Mass Impact to identify the keys of records that need to be cleansed. If the update can't take place directly into the table (for example, it's a FK to another object), extract the records that meet the criteria into Excel and feed them right back into Mass Effect.

Don't be afraid! 90% of the time a restore file is created and it will warn you when one won't be available. Also, you can practice in your test org. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have some outside the system processes like uploading campaign members from direct Mail campaigns and soft integrations with vendors. The tool allows us to upload data consistently and correctly. It also allows us to perform mass data clean up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce Administrator
What do you like best?

Log Files for all transactions

The ability to schedule Jobs using Job Builder

Amazing use of the Salesforce API's to help you manage your data, uploads, exports, De-Duplication.

Helps us investigate and isolate discrepant data and update it in minutes.

Scenario configuration files to store prebuilt queries and upload mappings.

restricted access list to control what users can access the app via oauth Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little outdated.

Pricing as an isolated tool has increased since being Acquired by Validity without much increase in value.

Really pushing bundling with their other offerings which you may or may not have use of. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Essential for all salesforce orgs. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Management, allows us to quickly upload externally provide Data for partners using pre-configured scenarios resulting in a Low tech low cost but efficient data integration workflow allowing us to upload point of sale data for use in analysis and commissions.

Data stewardship and management of salesforce platform configuration in bulk for things like Salesforce CPQ, Custom Apps, Sales Cloud , and more.

Correct data defects in integrated outlook application with emails using job builder to update data fields not populated by the outlook integration app. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

We initially purchased Demand Tools specifically for deduping but quickly found that it can be used for so much more. The duplicate management tool is extremely powerful. I can't live without the record merge function. The Reassign Ownership function is more robust than the mass transfer function in Salesforce.

Excellent Customer support - responds quickly. Some of the best application resources I've used.

Easily connects to sandbox environments. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The interface is outdated and a bit daunting for new users. I don't like that email verification is included in the Demand Tools interface but is a separate package that has to be purchased. Only available on a PC. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Limit the usage to data admins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We have practically eliminated all duplicate records since we can stop users from creating a duplicate record. The ability to run batch updates allows to run data updates from external applications more frequently and frees up data admins. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Customer Success Manager
What do you like best?

Biggest win we use DemandTools for is the LeadConversion, have also found the ReportID functionality helpful when lists are given without contactID or AccountIDs and being able to match based on criteria. Also that you can build a recover file if necessary is a good feature that other tools do not give. Can also save the scenario to re run popular requests. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Only Windows based, Mac user here and have to maintain a separate VM for the tool.

Also the the way to "save" scenarios is little clunky and doesn't seem to always work.

There is no default set of fields that you can set for object. Example is for Accounts always show me the following X fields in any scenario. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you can work through the tool and get used to the option you will be successful. Luckily self explanatory if you have used DataLoader before. Have not seen any major updates in the 2+ years I have had this tool. Their account teams have not been pushy and know that it is a named user licenses tied to your org. Each admin will need their own license to use the product on their own machine. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

General data administration within Salesforce is the primary problem. Imports, lead conversions, mass insert of Campaign members. Heavily used Reassignment to map a BDR lookup field to the contacts and update ownership per our business process. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Systems Analyst, Health Care Solutions
What do you like best?

I like the ease of querying that Power Grid provides. When you have multiple related records, i.e. CPQ, it is easy to get a picture of what is going on when you are troubleshooting issues. With a saved Scenario you can get insight super quickly. The completeness of the suite is the best feature though. There are so many useful tools that any data issue can be addressed through this user friendly interface. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Configuring Single Table De-Dupe is challenging. Granted there is a lot to it but it seems that could be improved.

The cost is high and the vendor doesn't license the Tools separately. It is all or nothing. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Single Table De-Dupe is powerful data cleansing tool if you inherit an org where controls where minimal in the past.

Power Grid allows me to keep my data up to date easily and Mass Effect allows me to insert and update records in a much more controlled manner than DataLoader. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Salesforce Administrator
What do you like best?

It gives me the confidence in the data jobs that I run in Salesforce. I know that it is easy to use and make the appropriate updates, and that if I were to do a data load incorrectly, it gives me an option to back out of it with the restore files. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Wish that the MassImpact jobs allowed for min. max, and average summations like roll up fields do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

There is a bit of a learning curve. However once you get the hang of it, it is very easy to use. I had started using DemandTools at my first employer and loved it. When I went to my next employer, I was able to convince them that we need to have it in our toolkit. Now we can also manage users ourselves, without needing to go to DemandTools directly, which is great when we have a large group of admins who need access. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

At a past employer, I've used DemandTools and Job Builder to imitate roll up fields when we couldnt use native roll ups. Now I have created repeatable scenarios when we do regular types of data loads, saving me hours of time on subsequent projects. We also use it to invalidate email addresses in our sandbox so we don't accidentally spam customers when testing. Lastly we are also about to start a de-duplication process and get it to be scheduled on a regular basis. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Senior Analyst
What do you like best?

I use DemandTools extensively in my day-to-day life. It saves us a lot of time because of it's unique features and makes our life easier when dealing with data. It helps us to identify duplicates, maintain consistency, merging duplicates, standardize, account linkage/match, etc. The modules such as PowerGrid, Mass effect, Mass impact, Single de-dupe table, Find IDs, etc works like a charm and I can confidently say Demand Tools is the most 'Powerful' tool in the business when comes to dealing with various data issues :) The technical team at validity is very supportive in dealing with the issues when we stuck. DemandTools is completely reliable and it is the most effective application for manipulating Salesforce data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

At times, their support is not quite responsive. I had to chase my DT account manager to solve a small issue. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Matching

De-duplication

Standardization Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Sales Support Analyst
What do you like best?

What I like most about DemandTools is how easy it is to export/import data to and from SFDC. Also enjoy the validation portion DemandTools offers. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

It could be a little more user-friendly. I know they have all the help icons scattered around but when I get done with one part of the process, it took me a minute to realize there is no button to take me back to the main screen or to "complete" my task. I have to either keep hitting back or click at the top for the home option. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mass data upload for SFDC projects I have within my company and apart of my position as a data analyst. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AP
What do you like best?

For the price tag of free, Data Loader is great. It does what you need to, but DemandTools is the kind of easy-to-use Swiss Army Knife that any veteran Admin will appreciate. From the simple mapping tool MassEffect to the powerful PowerGrid data reporting tool (that pulls in hard-to-get IDs like Account Team Member ID) to the life saving Find/Report ID's search tool (which allows you to append any report from SF with a unique ID), this tool makes you look like a superstar. I've also used the Job Scheduling tool to run maintenance jobs in SF overnight in lieu of support from our SQL database team. It really saved us for a few months. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Since the Validity buyout, the price has made it a battle to renew every year. The sales wall that Validity puts up requires surrendering your contact info to their sales team in order to get to the download link for the software. Support is fairly responsive, but setting up new users involves opening a ticket. So far, the product hasn't been compromised by the buyout, but Validity is definitely taking advantage of the installed base. Sad that the geeks who created it had to sell to such a mercenary company. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I've been working with data since the early 80's. I've spent more time in Excel sheets than I ever cared to. DemandTools makes data updates or lookups take minutes instead of hours. Those terrible, incomplete lists that users send you can be appended with data that they're missing (as long as there's a unique ID of some kind). You can even create update jobs that run on criteria on specific fields with MassImpact. Unlike Data Loader, It has a clear and easy-to-use interface and makes updating all of the data on your standard and custom objects quick and easy. It's enabled my team to get around the many integration gaps in our organization, thus cementing its place in our ecosystem. Provided the price doesn't increase. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

UN
What do you like best?

Scope of capability, the automated cleanup features and the fact that it is a one-stop shop for most data management needs Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The lead conversion module does not update information and it is incredibly slow even if one limits the scope of search with a set of criteria Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

DemandTools offers a full suite of tools packaged within this single software system. Instead of searching for one tool that only dedupes, and another tool that only imports, DemandTools can do those two things and many more. I could not emphasize enough as a data managment professional the ease and scale of ability this system offers makes a world's difference in my work. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use DemandTools for imports, exports, deduping and cleanup, ranging from highly complicated tasks to rather rudimentary ones. We also leverage JobBuilder and Mass Impact to run automated jobs every week. The benefits are making mass changes swiftly and easily. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The features are great, it's everything you need in a data management tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The UI is clunky and there is not Mac OS version available. Since we're a Mac shop, I have to use a virtual machine (which comes with its own challenges) to use the tool. I'd love to see an updated UI that is more responsive and a version that works with Mac OS. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We're able to direct end users to DemandTools in order to solve their needs to update large amounts of data quickly. This frees them from the limitations of using Salesforce Data Loader and downloading csvs, transforming their data, and updating. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

Ease of use, UI design, and ability to save time inserting/updating/cleansing CRM data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

MassEffect batch size must be <= 5 for our Salesforce Instance to avoid "Too many SOQL queries: 101" error message. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Take the time the learn each of the modules inside DemandTools. You'll find a use for each one! #ToolsAndTheKnowledge Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

I use MassEffect daily to change field values on Salesforce object (Accounts, opportunities, contacts). With on average 2 company acquisitions each year, Demand Tools is an imperative tool in data migrating from 1 CRM to another. The ability for a business analyst to perform these tasks without Salesforce Admin help is a huge WIN! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Business Intelligence Manager
What do you like best?

The tools are a fantastic suite of products that really help data management. From duplicate management, to email validation, the tools are really great suite to help a person manage the data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

They are sometimes kind of disjointed. You can tell the products have been combined as opposed to developed as a suite. The tools sometimes don't work in unison how you would like Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Really great tool. Just do it! You will not be sorry about it! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data cleanliness, standardization, duplication, validation. The benefits are dramatic. They are automated and our data is clean and valid and standardized Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Salesforce.com Advanced Administrator
What do you like best?

I love all the different functionalities that allow for mass data edits. PowerGrid and MassEffect in particular Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Interface is a bit slow and could use speeding up. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you need to do mass data updates for Salesforce, this is the best tool on the market. I've used other tools and once you use DemandTools, you won't use any others. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Mass Data manipulations with Salesforce data. Benefits are the ability to edit 100k+ records in many different ways and scenarios in a very concise and timely "automated" manner. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Global Salesforce Administrator
What do you like best?

The tool has become our essential program to not only insert and upsert records into our CRM, but has been at the center of our data cleanups. With the ability to give my delegated system admin team access to the tool, they can easily support their users data requests. Another great functionality is how the tools provides instant feedback on process results and always gives you a backup file to reverse any mistakes we might have made. And can't forget how awesome the tool is because it takes your excel or csv file and mapping with such ease. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, I haven't found anything yet that I haven't liked. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

The tool is truly the best out there. The sure ease at which you can connect it to your data is amazing. You will be amazed with all the man hours you will save with this tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

The major solutions that the tool has given us is deduping and standardizing data. We use the tool for all our data uploads as well as the awesome power grid functionality to mass update records in seconds. With the ability to build and load our own scenarios, we have job builders running each week that has replace so many manual man hours. We have actually used the tool to completely migrate from one CRM to another with ease with the amazing data features. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

My team and I rely on this tool every single day to manage our Salesforce data. We heavily use MassImpact, MassEffect, PowerGrid, Single Table Dedup, Find/Report ID's, and PeopleImport and found each of these features to be very effective for accomplishing the various tasks we need to do. I have worked with similar tools before and none of them had the breadth of features that DemandTools does. We couldn't do our jobs without this essential tool!

The training and support are also excellent! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

My ONLY complaint is the cost of the tool. I would have otherwise rated it 10. The cost has increased SIGNIFICANTLY since we first started using the tool. If that continues we may have to look at other options. I am a huge fan of this tool and would hate to switch to something else. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

De-duping and uploading new accounts and contacts. Updating large data sets that meet specific criteria (search and replace). Bulk updating new and changed records. Deleting records. De-duping existing records. Matching records using data from a spreadsheet. Extracting large data sets from multiple related tables. Running scheduled updates to keep data clean. Standardizing data such as State, Phone formats, etc.

Doing all of the above can be done efficiently and accurately using DemandTools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The ease and convenience with which I can update existing data, merge duplicate, directly update a field value without going back and forth with fixing the excel file. Not to mention the option to easily export the grid values before mass updating or get a backup of Salesforce data. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

I will not say dislike, it more of additional feature i would like to see, that is, to have the option to change the AND query to OR query in Mass Impact functionality. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are a Salesforce Admin, this is tool you must have. The wide variety of features in it helps alot with our day-to-day job to bulk fix data, mass update, daily backups. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

As a Salesforce Admin i have to go through alot of different data for various segment on a daily basis and Demand Tool Mass Impact helps me to update/fix those data in bulk very quickly. Some of the biggest advantage is -

1. I can see more columns and create different queries and save the queries for future use and i get a chance to go back and adjust the query without going back to the very first step where i have setup all the columns again unlike in other tools i have used before.

2. Another advantage is I can directly open a record from the grid view and uncheck selected record if I do not wish to modify them.

3. Demand Tool allows me select/deselect fields values which should copy over during de-duplication of any object records, Leads specifically. And combine text values. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

The integration with Salesforce is the main reason I LOVE the DemandTools suite of products. After working with products that forced me to download my data, make changes, and then upload the changes, using DemandTools was a breath of fresh air. I can manipulate the data real time, based on multiple sets of criteria, save the scenarios and execute (or schedule!) the same updates over and over again. Support from Validity is great as well. Highly recommend! Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

The online help is not as robust as it could be, but the support team is very accommodating and will stick with you until you figure out how to do whatever you're trying to do. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

We use PeopleImport to load lists of event/meeting attendees. We use Mass Impact, Mass Effect, to make sales territory changes each year, on Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities. Single table dedupe is great to keep track of any duplicate records that have been added by reps. Lead Conversion is really great at doing mass converts easily, and Find/Report IDs is great for when the lists we receive do not have all the necessary information to load them correctly. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

AB
What do you like best?

I love how DemandTools can do so many different things, how easy it is to use, the quick right-click fixes they offer, their support team is outstanding and replies so quickly. I've been using DT since 2011 and I honestly don't think I could be a Salesforce Admin without it. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There's no way to undo a merge (note easily at least). Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

Make sure everyone that has access to DemandTools has gone through the trainings. DT is a powerful tool but also can be dangerous if put in the wrong hands. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data Quality issues - Missing required fields, formatting issues, duplicates. Mass uploads, deletions, etc. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you like best?

This tool makes working with data sets, objects and core data processes behind the scene for Salesforce administrators easy. It's a powerful tool and it comes with a plethora of features that this tool will become certainly indispensable. I know it has for me! I don't know what and how I could do my job without this tool. Another feature I like about Demand Tools is the available documentation and videos that can help any user to get on board faster. Another big feature and benefit I get from Validity is that they provide a nice discount for nonprofit organizations. More so now as organizations and specially Nonprofits are asked to cut expenses and streamline their processes in light to this new COVID-19 reality.

Another feature I like from DemandTools is the ability of procuring backups. As a Database Administrator this is key as I might have to restore records or do data comparisons outside the system. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

What do you dislike?

There is no Mac (Apple) version for it yet. As a Mac User I have to keep switching to a Windows machine in order to get my work done using this tool. Certainly, looking forward when I won't have to do that and I can fully use and stay within my Mac environment which I prefer. As the saying goes..." An Apple a day keeps Microsoft away" :) I hope when the Mac version comes up that it will work the same way or close to it as it does in a Windows environment. And who knows make the interface look even better. Hope this tool for the Mac will become available soon. It's way overdue as there are tons of people and Salesforce Administrators using a Mac for work.

Outside the lack of a Mac version there is nothing else I could see that I do not like. This tool is very comprehensive on what it can do and within so many areas that once you start using it you fall in love with this tool.

Oh, one thing that I just thought about it is that at first this tool can be intimidating if you haven't use something like it before or you are new to Salesforce. I think it will be helpful if the tool, the system upon login in recognizes that the user is new and point the new user to helpful tips, documentations and or videos that could ease the new user into how to use the tool or even walking the user through some sample scenarios. I'm thinking on something like what Salesforce does in training users with its Trailhead lessons, courses, and badges. Having something like this and getting some sort of badges or certification that we can add to our LinkedIn profile/resume might prove our knowledge and effectiveness in using the tool. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Recommendations to others considering the product:

If you are new to Salesforce, please download this tool, check out the trial version and take it for a spin. Use it on your personal Dev or Sandbox environment first where it's safe and see how this tool can make your SF Admin role more effective and efficient. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.

Data cleanup, data loads, data merges, data updates, data pulls, data segmentation. I have also use DemandTools for doing database-wide data merges for Accounts, Contacts, addresses, and also an object we have for our Nonprofit called PaymentMethods. The powerful way in which DemadTools can help an administrator in cleaning duplicate data is certainly very POWERFUL. This is one feature that has made my job in managing my very complex and large Salesforce Org smooth. Just this feature alone this tool is well worth every penny.

Also, I use the tool to find records. On a regular basis I get list of records from outside sources that might not have or not have at all a SF ID. But since the file has enough information such as First Name, Last Name or Email I can use that and see if those records already exists in Salesforce and get their IDs so I can update those records accordingly. All this done within the framework of DemandTools. Review collected by and hosted on G2.com.